Type keyword(s) to search

RHONY Dream Team: Pick the Next Cast

• Start Topic

Given all the discussion happening around who would make up the best cast members, here's a place to discuss it.  Who would you like to see in the next season?  Who should be only viewed in the rearview mirror?  What combination of cast would reinvigorate the show? Chat away! 

• Love 4

Can my dream cast be 6 people of which only two have ever been housewives?

If I could get original recipe Bethenny and Dorinda, that would be awesome. But their current incarnations - that’s a big no for me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

In another thread it was suggested that Kelly Dodd transfer to RHONY.

That would be great because she wouldn’t be afraid of Eboni like Ramona and Luann.

But I don’t think it would ever happen. Conservative personalities are always deleted from the Housewives. Kelly will never be on another Housewife show.

• Love 5

A brand new cast.  Women that no one has every  heard of.  Women in NYC who are doing exciting things.  For example, a  woman with a young family who works on Broadway.  A woman who works with her family in the family restaurant. An immigrant family who came to NYC with nothing and created a successful business.  They can still be glamorous and have nice things but that's not their whole life.  Women in the age group of 35 - 55 who have had success in family and business.  

Anything but these dismal failures who go bankrupt just to look like they have money.  

• Love 7

A new cast would be great. But what are the chances?

You have a better chance of Andy Cohen acting like a moral human being and there is no chance of that at all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Feech said:

A new cast would be great. But what are the chances?

You have a better chance of Andy Cohen acting like a moral human being and there is no chance of that at all.

Yes because Andy does not want hardworking decent, sucessful family oriented  nice women on the housewives shows. He gets off on seeing the women disgrace themselves primed by excess alcohol. He would love to see them in cat fights pulling hair and rolling on the floor. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Yes because Andy does not want hardworking decent, sucessful family oriented  nice women on the housewives shows. He gets off on seeing the women disgrace themselves primed by excess alcohol. He would love to see them in cat fights pulling hair and rolling on the floor. 

I agree.  The biggest lightbulb that ever went off over Andy Cohen's head happened 5 seconds after Theresa flipped that table. 

• Love 10

So many of us would love to see a return to season 3 cast or the first season that Dorinda was on. But Bethenny will not return. She and Jill are not even speaking now. Sonja has turned into a drunk.  Luann and of all people Ramona have become the voices of reason. But Ramona has that awkward bathroom problem.  The women from season 3 are 10 or 11 years older.  Bravo has no where to go with them. And the audience for this show is not young people so stacking the cast with the likes of Leah and Eboni will not increase viewership. It will kill the show. Someone pointed out that the reason we tuned in to the housewives shows was to see successful women spend their money. Now we see women whose money comes from the show and without it they would not have the money to spend on trips, homes, designer clothes, and fancy resturants.  

• Love 10

Bethenny, Alex, Heather, Carol, Tinsley, Luanne, Dorinda  (I think that group contains strong, opinioned women and around 3 with drinking issues to stir the pot, plus Bluestone Manor and we get views of the Hamptons and Berkshires along with NY-- and hopefully Mexico!) 

Play to us older broads who are around their ages. 

Bringing some of these women back, when they know they have another shot at this show, might be interesting.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, stcroix said:

Bethenny, Alex, Heather, Carol, Tinsley, Luanne, Dorinda  (I think that group contains strong, opinioned women and around 3 with drinking issues to stir the pot, plus Bluestone Manor and we get views of the Hamptons and Berkshires along with NY-- and hopefully Mexico!) 

Play to us older broads who are around their ages. 

Bringing some of these women back, when they know they have another shot at this show, might be interesting.  

I really, really, really disliked Carole, Bethenny and Dorinda in their respective last seasons.

I would gladly have original recipe back of these three but not their latest iterations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I really, really, really disliked Carole, Bethenny and Dorinda in their respective last seasons.

I would gladly have original recipe back of these three but not their latest iterations.

Yes, you're right.  They were awful by the end.  But a few seasons back I loved watching them!  

• Love 8

I would be happiest to never see Bethenny on the show again.  She was horrible her last few seasons.  I miss early Dorinda who would make it nice, then do something exceptionally snark worthy.  I am good with keeping Luann, Ramona and Sonja.  Luann and Ramona are each ridiculous in their own ways; both tend to put on airs while neither is to the manor born as has been shown again and again. While Sonja has become increasingly pathetic, she needs the damn money.  I have visions of Sonja wearing a ratty old fur, pushing a shopping cart around the UES, muttering about John John and P-Diddy.

Depending on what we see in the next few episodes, I would give Eboni another chance.  She actually didn't lecture in the last one, so she may be listening to the feedback from the other women.  Of course, that could all end quickly.  Leah, on the other hand, should go far, far away.  Put her in a leaky canoe and set her adrift in the middle of the ocean away.  She is insufferable.  I don't know how the other women can breathe with all of the oxygen and space that Leah demands. 

I wouldn't mind having Heather back.  There were times when I really liked her way of interacting with the others, especially when they are acting like fools. I know it's weird, but I would love to see Alex back.  She and Simon were such an odd couple for this mix.  We could see her get flustered and turn beat red.  Have Simon invite himself to women's events.  Watch the hunger in action.  Good times. 

Otherwise the show needs new blood that blends better with the women.  Younger is fine if they want to bring in actual housewives with younger children.  They just need to fit the profile of the show, and the veteran cast needs to be told not to try to run them off.  

• Love 8

I've been thinking about new women who could be a good fit for the show. Most of these are farfetched but it's still fun to brainstorm. (I'm two days away from my due date so I have time to ponder this stuff lol.)

She probably wouldn't do it but what about Nicky Hilton Rothschild? I know she's not spotlight hungry like some people in her family, but I feel like she has the on paper qualifications if nothing else. Plus, there's BH crossover potential! 

Broadway actress Lindsay Mendez could be a good addition. I definitely like the suggestion of seeing a Broadway actress navigating her way through the world of the housewives.

Bee Shaffer (daughter of Anna Wintour). At almost 34 she's a little young but that's really my only objection here. On paper she seems to have everything that viewers respond to seeing.

Eva Chen. Part of the fashion world. Started at Harper's Bazaar before moving on to become editor of Lucky magazine. Then she worked for Elle and Teen Vogue. Married to a British guy with three young kids. Has also authored several children's books. 

Gillian Hearst Shaw. She's in publishing, is an editor of Town and Country, has three kids, filed for divorce a few years back. I think her publishing background makes her a good fit. Plus apparently she has an awesome real estate portfolio including a huge place on the Upper West Side.

Samantha Boardman Rosen. She's definitely the real deal when it comes to being NYC super elite. In fact she's such a real deal that we know she'd never do the show lol but she has exactly the sort of lifestyle that I'd tune into see. She and her husband also have a legendary party for Art Basel every year.

Brandi Quinones. This one's kind of random because there's not much info on her for the past few years. Anyway, she's a model who peaked in the 90s and was a one time favorite of Donatella Versace. She's still in the industry and continues to model from time to time. A native NYer, her career got derailed by drugs (there's at least one mugshot, so she's in the club with Tinsley, Luann, Leah and Sonja) but she seems to have been clean now for years. Apparently, as with Tyra Banks, Naomi was not a fan and was rumored to have cost her opportunities. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I think they need some housewives with actual husbands and kids. The current group is horny old ladies and two woke, condescending idiots. I’d ditch Leah and Eboni immediately. I hope Ramona and Lu stay. Not sure about Sonja. I used to like her but she’s off the rails this season.

• Love 11

I honestly would have no clue about possible cast members.

For me, though, I think it's hard to go back and recycle old housewives.  What worked before worked under the conditions and cast at the time.

I suppose it worked for Betheny the first time, but I'm not down for another run with her.

I'd like to see this same cast return next season.  I think filming during a pandemic didn't help at all.

I honestly see Eboni fitting with the OG's better than Leah, but they seem to like Leah as well. 

I stole this observation from someone on Reddit but it's spot-on so I couldn't resist. The poster said that all Leah can contribute to the woke discourse is to cry "Karen'.  She really has nothing meaningful or inciteful to offer but maybe she'll learn this about herself on the heels of the bad media reaction to her this season.

I'm not sure about Bershan. I liked her at first, then she blew it at the dinner, and has now redeemed herself when she understood what she did and apologized.

Her voice grates though - and it's too loud. Kind of the opposite of Kari's grating voice over in Dallas.

• Love 3

For me:

Bethenny, LuAnn, Ramona, Jill, Sonja, Dorinda, Heather, Carole, 

8 women strong.  All big personalities and entertaining.

I would just love to revisit the dynamics of Bethenny/Jill, Bethenny/Heather, Bethenny/Carole, etc. 

Edited by filmfan2480
  • Love 5

What's crazy is that if you asked me two months ago I would say don't get rid of Ramona and Sonja.  

I'm over that now.

My favourite RHONY housewife, maybe the only one I ever liked, was Jules.

Who would I want on the actual cast?

I'd say 

MAYBE:  Bethenny, Ramona, MAYBE Carole, and I'm shocked I'm even saying this

YES:  Luann, Bershan, 

NEVER, NEVER EVER:  Leah, Dorinda, Heather, Jill, Cindy

• Love 4
On 7/31/2021 at 12:47 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I think they need some housewives with actual husbands and kids. The current group is horny old ladies and two woke, condescending idiots. I’d ditch Leah and Eboni immediately. I hope Ramona and Lu stay. Not sure about Sonja. I used to like her but she’s off the rails this season.

Yes! Currently, this franchise is made up of divorced single women. And none of them are “housewives”…they all have hired help to do all the work around their many homes.

• Love 7
On 7/9/2021 at 3:27 PM, RedDelicious said:

I would love a Season 3 cast reunion 😄

I'd be shaking, rocking in front of my TV if we ever got this again.

Tho, I don't need Alex back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'd like to see Dorinda, Luanne, Sonja, Tinsley, Alex, and occasionally the Ramona Coaster.  I've seen and heard enough of Leah and Eboni, enough; although between the two, I'd rather see Eboni return.  

I liked B in the early years.

• Love 4
On 9/8/2021 at 2:01 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Jill, Tinsley, sober Dorito, Ramona, Eboni & mentally healthy Kelly Bensimon as main cast.  Friends of:  Luan and Kristin.

Posititvely no Bethanny, Heather, Sonja or Carole.

I know I am quoting myself, but after RHUGT my new list is:

Jill, Tinsley, sober Dorito, mentally healthy Kelly, Luann and Kristin.

• Love 4

Conservative personalities are always deleted from the Housewives

There is a difference between being conservative and outright racist.

My choice: Carole, Heather, Dorinda, Bethenny, LuAnne, plus a new HW. With Alex and Ramona as "Friends of".

• Love 7

Dream RHONY Cast: Dorinda, Ramonja(I can’t bear the idea of these two drunken loons being separated), Carole Radzi, Tinsley, and Olivia Palermo. Friends of: Nicky Hilton, Lu and Eboni.

As much as I do enjoy Bethenny, I hate the way she sucks all the energy out of every scene and how everyone in the cast desperately plays up to her. She’s at her best when she has someone to regularly feud with, honestly.

• Love 8