Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Derex calculates that he has won 33% of the comps he has competed in, and everyone is impressed. Then they calculate that Christian has won 60% of his comps, and everyone is shocked into silence.

“We haven’t really had any mental comps”, Derex notes.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 22
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Christian is trying to make Alyssa feel like less of a loser. She repays the favor by making him feel paranoid that Derex is coming after him. And all I can wonder is, how many mylar balloons were sacrificed to make those pants he’s wearing?

Hush now - I loved Xanadu.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Hannah is cutting her eyebrows with scissors and WHAT THE FUCK. “Oh no, I cut too much off!” she exclaims. “Ooooh… yeah.” Britini agrees, but assures her it can be fixed.

I can’t see if we have a Joey Tribiani situation going on, but I hope so.

E5AFF87C-CA46-4B32-9E52-64EFDE4781EB.thumb.png.81add642828201c22a2429d39df9d31a.png

• LOL 6

Derex whispers to Hannah and Tiff that he wants to backdoor Christian. They decide that 2 Jokers will go up as pawns. Most likely Britini and Deref.

Tiff keeps mentioning the Royal Flush, and after she leaves Hannah is like, “um, what’s that?” Derex fills her in, but says it was just formed in the last week. And after this week, it will be over.

He agrees with Hannah that an 8-person alliance is just too big and unwieldy. Besides, it leaves you with too few people to nominate. Five people is about right, Hannah says. (Or maybe 6?)

Britini and Deref on the block together could be all the fun and drama we’ve been looking for!

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Not that the people who go on this show are exactly shy introverts, but I can see where dyslexia, plus the nerves of going live in front of however many people watch this show these days, could be difficult. I don't care for Deref, but I feel for him during the live votes.

If I were to lose my mind and actually end up on BB, nerves alone would probably have me trying to vote out Julie and forgetting how to open the door.

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Azah has embraced the darkness. No more crying over noms! No more holding back! She’s ready to play, BITCH. She is channeling the spirit of Helen, and it is giving her strength and inspiration.

It's too soon for that, Azah.

Fingers crossed that Derex does something interesting this week. I don't really care for Hannah or SB lately so I'm meh there, but it would be cool for him to go after Christian. It does seem like this week has some potential.

• Love 7

X and Ky speculate on Derex’s noms. They say he is risk averse, so he will probably put up 2 Jokers. They think Tiff and Hannah can probably manipulate Derex, because they are his closest allies.

They are both excited because the plan is so close to fruition. After next week, there will only be 11 people in the house, giving the CO a majority.

They talk about Derrick and what a master strategist he was. They compare Derrick and Cody to Michael Jordan and LeBron James, and how Cody should feel no shame for losing that season because who wouldn’t lose to Michael Jordan?

I wonder if Ky and Xavier both feel they are the Michael Jordan in this equation.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Hannah asks Tiff who started the Royal Flush, and the frozen look of shock on Tiff’s face is priceless. She quickly recovers and asks who spilled the beans, Derex? “No”, Hannah says. “You did.” 

After Hannah explains about Tiff’s loose lips, Tiff hugs her and laughs at herself. Hannah wonders why she wasn’t included. Do X and Ky not trust her? Tiff explains it was just Kings and Queens, and Derex was included to keep him safe, and to utilize his comp beast powers. Hannah says she understands, but… Does she, really?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Who wants to see Derex’s HoH room? Pictures, check! Ramen, check!  Cake, and Have Nots are crestfallen. (And Tiff mentions her birthday again, and where’s my drink.)

Derex reads his letter: “Congratulations for winning HoH.” He stops to say the producers definitely wrote that part, because his parents have no idea what HoH is. The rest is typical we’re-proud-of-you stuff that may or may not have been written by someone’s actual parents.

Lotion, pretzels, IPA and Kanye, and Derex is pumped for his week.

• Love 3

Alyssa and Xavier are talking about Alyssa's second favourite subject: Alyssa and Christian! Yay! Xavier is letting Alyssa know that he thinks Christian is head over heels in luuuurv with her. Alyssa, upon Xavier's request, looks him in the eyes and says "I don't have feelings for that kid." Because she's Cool, you know? And not like other girls, so she calls him "kid" because she's a whopping 2 years older than him. Xavier tells her that she's a bad liar but Alyssa claims that she doesn't have a soul. Or feelings. Because she's Cool. And pretty, too, because Xavier thinks that Christian's into her looks as much as her warm, squishy center but Alyssa doesn't like that. Because she's Cool.

I fucking hate this showmance more than I've ever hated a showmance before and I don't know why. There's nothing that offensive about them. But I can't wait for Christian to leave this week (fingers crossed) so that I never have to see them draped all over each other giggle hair flip horking again.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6

Sounds like Derex and Tiff are discussing the best options to get to a backdoor of Christian: nominate two Jokers and keep faith with X that far or put up SB initially?

Tiff also made clear that she didn't appreciate Hannah questioning her on the Royal Flush.

Edited by vb68

It sounds like Britini will be clinching her Perpetual Pawn status with a third appearance on the block. Her butt mark is gonna be worked into that chair soon.

Oh God, she might rap again. Wait, maybe they should reconsider this...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Jesus fuck, all four cameras are on Christian telling Alyssa how he told Xavier how pretty she is and how strong she is and how cool she is and oh my god, who on Production has a boner for Alyssa because this is fucking excessive and Alyssa is so funny and Christian thinks she's the funniest girl in the house and please send help, I can't anymore.

She has the coolest personality! No, she has one of the coolest personalities! No, she's the girl with the coolest personality! Why. Why is this happening.

Giggle: "Did you watch me during the comp?"
Hair Flip: "I basically watched you the whole time. And X, too, because this is quickly becoming a throuple." (Okay, that last bit was my interpretation.)
Giggle: *giggle*
Hair Flip: *hair flip*

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 7

Is Alyssa seriously not interested in Christian, or was she joking when she said it? 

Also, do they genuinely think people aren't certain they're together, or are they joking about that? 

I love reading about the feeds here, but without  body language and tone of voice, sometimes it's hard to know when people are joking or being ironic, just going by the dialogue. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Is Alyssa seriously not interested in Christian, or was she joking when she said it?

Alyssa claims she isn't as into Christian while he is 100% in. I've also heard her talking to Xavier about an ex of hers that she might still be hung up on during Xavier's HoH week. I'd say she self-produces a little of her Cool Girl angst because she likes the attention and the chase. Because Cool Girls aren't down for emotions and feelings and girl stuff - they like burping and watching sports and being Cool. But judging from her jealous reaction about the Hannah claiming to be able to manipulate Christian thing, IMO she's more into him than she admits.

38 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Also, do they genuinely think people aren't certain they're together, or are they joking about that? 

Alyssa and Christian seem to genuinely believe that people don't know. It's kinda hilarious. At least once a day, Alyssa will drape herself over Christian in the upstairs parlour and they will whine to each other about how it isn't faaaair that SB and Ky can cuddle and Derex and Hannah can cuddle and no one accuses them of being together but everyone "jokes" about Alyssa and Christian being together since DAY 3 and they, like, barely touch. They've convinced themselves that they're being targeted as a "duo" and it would be super extra dangerous to come out as a "showmance" like it makes a difference. It's peak Big Brother delusion.

Last night was particularly funny because Alyssa tried to talk Xavier into staying in the HoH with her and Christian so it looked less like a couple thing (and more like a throuple thing). Except I don't think Xavier ever made it up there and whenever anyone would ask where Alyssa was last night, someone else would say "In the HoH room with Christian!" And the other night, when Britini cockblocked when in the HoH? Alyssa was pissed about that but also because she thought Britini was going to put their showmance on blast to the rest of the house because the lights were off and Alyssa didn't have pants on. But? Totally forced to be a duo, not a showmance. Hair flip.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

Sounds like Derex and Tiff are discussing the best options to get to a backdoor of Christian: nominate two Jokers and keep faith with X that far or put up SB initially?

Tiff also made clear that she didn't appreciate Hannah questioning her on the Royal Flush.

Then perhaps Tiffy-Toes should watch her words because it's her own dumb fault Hannah knows about the Royal Flush.  

I'm glad to hear that Tiff and Claire seem on board with getting rid of Christian, though I'm concerned about the BD element.  I actually think keeping the faith with X by nominating two Jokers to begin with isn't the worst move.  No need to alert any of the Kings that the Queens/Derex are about to break up the RF.

• Love 2

Another question. Has there been any indication on the feeds that Derex likes Hannah as much as she likes him? I can't read him on the episodes. 

When it comes to Derex, I constantly find myself wanting to use the word "inscrutable" because that's how I find him, but I know that word has bad connotations for Asian people so I'm trying to find other words to use. Interestingly, I've often been described as being inscrutable, but as a non-Asian I'm okay with it. As for Derex I guess I'll keep going with "hard to read". 

Side note: can a person be scrutable? As in, "Britini is so scrutable". 😁

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Another question. Has there been any indication on the feeds that Derex likes Hannah as much as she likes him? I can't read him on the episodes. 

When it comes to Derex, I constantly find myself wanting to use the word "inscrutable" because that's how I find him, but I know that word has bad connotations for Asian people so I'm trying to find other words to use. Interestingly, I've often been described as being inscrutable, but as a non-Asian I'm okay with it. As for Derex I guess I'll keep going with "hard to read". 

Derex is a bit of an enigma, I think.  Is that better than "inscrutable"?  

8 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Derex is a bit of an enigma, I think.  Is that better than "inscrutable"?  

Ooh, excellent. I'll call him enigmatic. I like it. 

It's like on the surface he's open and friendly, even goofy, and I do think he's a genuinely nice person. But I see him holding so much back. Maybe I recognize it because that's how I am. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, urusai said:

Tiff is totally thinking game the whole way.  Kadooz to her.  

This is what Paul was doing the second time and the jury did not appreciate being taken advantage of so they gave the money to the troll. I don't think Tiffany can win if she continues like this. Her social game is only made to manipulate people and soon people will catch up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, himela said:

This is what Paul was doing the second time and the jury did not appreciate being taken advantage of so they gave the money to the troll. I don't think Tiffany can win if she continues like this. Her social game is only made to manipulate people and soon people will catch up.

Probably true, but one of Paul's biggest error was dictating each week and then pretending that he wasn't. If he had owned his game instead of hiding behind his FRIENDSHIP mantra, he might have gained the extra vote he needed. If Tiffany can find a way to own her game should she get to the end, it might help, BUT I also see a scenario where she gets caught and taken out because she's not so slick. 

And I love Tiffany and really want her to get to F2 to explain her game. But these houseguests are smarter than past houseguests. They'll figure her out once jury hits, probably midway through, so she needs to start changing up a little how she's playing in order to protect herself for the coming weeks.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Side note: can a person be scrutable? As in, "Britini is so scrutable".

"I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?"

33 minutes ago, himela said:

so they gave the money to the troll.

lol

24 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Good morning!  I won't get mad if no one answers back

Good morning! 😄

• LOL 5
21 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

One puzzling thing: why is Derek X sleeping with his glasses on? 

Pffftttt, I do that most nights when I'm too lazy to take 'em off or if I'm overcome with the sleepies.

I wish I could find the GIF where after Derex won Hannah screamed and they hugged in the slime....it warmed my black heart.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Ooh, excellent. I'll call him enigmatic. I like it. 

It's like on the surface he's open and friendly, even goofy, and I do think he's a genuinely nice person. But I see him holding so much back. Maybe I recognize it because that's how I am. 

But at this point in the game with so many HGs left, you almost have do that, especially for someone like Derek X and Xavier who are strong competitors.  You don't want a target for being a threat, a jerk, or running the house. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Derex whispers to Hannah and Tiff that he wants to backdoor Christian. They decide that 2 Jokers will go up as pawns. Most likely Britini and Deref.

Oooh, Deref gonna be doubly pissed because Derex told him he 'was good' last night.

6 hours ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

I would online vote for you day and night. 

That reminds me, Julie said the next twist will give us the power to change the game or whatever, so that might be fun for a minute at least.

55 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And I love Tiffany and really want her to get to F2 to explain her game. But these houseguests are smarter than past houseguests. They'll figure her out once jury hits, probably midway through, so she needs to start changing up a little how she's playing in order to protect herself for the coming weeks.

I actually think a lot of people already have figured her out, which bodes well for her if she can make F2 but severely limits her chances to actually make F2 lol.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, escape said:

You don't want a target for being a threat, a jerk, or running the house

This is true. But I've noticed this about Derex from Day 1. In addition to being careful for game reasons, I think this is just his personality. And this is purely an observation, not a criticism. I really like him. 

• Love 3

Everybody's up now. Tiffani and Hannah are chatting about Derek's HOH in the Cross bedroom. Derek X alone in the HOH room, watching the monitor showing the big round dining room table. There's a stack of pillows on the floor next to the head of the bed. Derek says he needs to talk to Claire . . . and Kyland.

Now Claire is talking in the Cross bedroom with Hannah. Tiffani walks back in.

Tiffani says she doesn't conspire. She's never conspired a day in her life.

Edited by Lamb18
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

And I love Tiffany and really want her to get to F2 to explain her game.

Tiffany is too serious for my taste. She is there to play a game and entertain us. She reminds me of Derick who was only talking about game. She is a good strategist but I sometimes get scared of her. She acts like a teacher.

• Love 3

In the meantime Britini and Derek F, and Azah are in their room discussing dip for Taco Tuesday. Plus how to ripen avocados faster. Derek F announces they have chicken wings - he just put them in the freezer.

Tiffani and Christian speculating about the twist. Now they're talking about the Colonel? Maybe that was part of the wakeup call.

Edited by Lamb18

The only thing that gets me about Derek X this week is that his push to backdoor Christian seems to be him playing for teams, which always annoys me, but annoys me even more when it is specifically HURTING him. Derek said it himself, Christian is the only other HG there who has won more comps than Derek (so with him gone, guess who is the "comp beast" threat in the house?), he is also ABSURDLY loyal to the Royal Flush (to the point of doing last week what Derek is doing now, hurting his own game for the sake of the "team") and Derek is just going to cut him to, what, help Tiffany? Who does this guy think his "team" is in the house if it is not Royal Flush? How is he sitting there conspiring with Tiffany (oops, sorry, Tiff, "sitting there not conspiring, but just talking") about breaking up this alliance for lulz and then thinking that somehow the rest of the alliance will somehow be loyal to HIM, though? For....reasons? 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Derex calculates that he has won 33% of the comps he has competed in, and everyone is impressed. Then they calculate that Christian has won 60% of his comps, and everyone is shocked into silence.

This cracked me right up.  On many, many levels.  Derex has some dry humor....

If Derex puts up Deref and Britini as pawns to backdoor Christian, then we should all be prepared for Christian to be drawn to play in, and then win Veto.  Thus preventing the backdoor.  If Derex then puts up Alyssa, the jig is up.  Then one of the pawns will go home.  Which is OK. 

• Love 3

I had read that Tiff/Derex had settled on SB & Brit noms, just because if Christian DID win Veto, they could still get a King (SB) out.  He wouldn't use it if there was a chance Alyssa could go up.  But that could've changed about 8 times since.  

• Love 1

Interview with Sarah Beth. She feels most unsafe with people outside of the Royal Flush alliance. Sarah Beth says she had good conversations with Hannah this week and feels a lot better with her. She says Azah told her that Azah said she would put up a King. Of the Jokers she distrust Britini the most.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

X and Ky talk about Derrick and what a master strategist he was. They compare Derrick and Cody to Michael Jordan and LeBron James, and how Cody should feel no shame for losing that season because who wouldn’t lose to Michael Jordan?

I wonder if Ky and Xavier both feel they are the Michael Jordan in this equation.

Obviously Tiffy-Toes is the Jordan here. Xavier is the Scottie Pippen who will emerge from Tiff's shadow once she is voted out.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, vb68 said:

Well Tiff, to be fair, you’re the one who brought the alliance to Hannah’s attention; before you started flapping your gums, Hannah didn’t even know the Royal Flush existed… 😆

7 hours ago, Melina22 said:

scrutable (adjective)

scru·ta·ble |  \ ˈskrü-tə-bəl   \

: capable of being deciphered : comprehensible

— Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary 

😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Well Tiff, to be fair, you’re the one who brought the alliance to Hannah’s attention; before you started flapping your gums, Hannah didn’t even know the Royal Flush existed… 😆

scrutable (adjective)

scru·ta·ble |  \ ˈskrü-tə-bəl   \

: capable of being deciphered : comprehensible

— Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary 

😁

See and I read it quickly so my mind read it as screwable.  Not in the way Christian looks at Alyssa, like he thinks she’s totally screwable. But in the Britini context that she is so screwable as in - she’s gonna get totally screwed by all the alliances and end up as the perennial pawn. 

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Derek is just going to cut him to, what, help Tiffany? Who does this guy think his "team" is in the house if it is not Royal Flush? How is he sitting there conspiring with Tiffany (oops, sorry, Tiff, "sitting there not conspiring, but just talking") about breaking up this alliance for lulz and then thinking that somehow the rest of the alliance will somehow be loyal to HIM, though? For....reasons? 

There is another alliance called…The Detectives? I may be wrong on the name, and it’s a fake alliance anyway, but Derex doesn’t know that. It consists of Ky, Tiff, Claire, Derex, and I think Hannah. Maybe somebody else. Anyway, now that teams are done, Derex is turning his allegiance to this smaller alliance.

You’d think he would first want to eliminate the non-Flushers first, but Tiff and Ky  are doing a good job of getting him to do what they want while making him think it’s his idea. Maybe he also thinks Christian would come after him and it’s better to strike first? I don’t know. Derex seems like a great guy and I like him, but I don’t think he’s a master strategist.

2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:
14 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Then they calculate that Christian has won 60% of his comps, and everyone is shocked into silence.

This cracked me right up.  On many, many levels.  Derex has some dry humor....

What made this even funnier is Derex wasn’t even trying to throw shade. He was just reflecting on past comps. But somewhere, deep down, he knows the score. lol.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

There is another alliance called…The Detectives? I may be wrong on the name, and it’s a fake alliance anyway, but Derex doesn’t know that. It consists of Ky, Tiff, Claire, Derex, and I think Hannah. Maybe somebody else. Anyway, now that teams are done, Derex is turning his allegiance to this smaller alliance.

You’d think he would first want to eliminate the non-Flushers first, but Tiff and Ky  are doing a good job of getting him to do what they want while making him think it’s his idea. Maybe he also thinks Christian would come after him and it’s better to strike first? I don’t know. Derex seems like a great guy and I like him, but I don’t think he’s a master strategist.

Good call, I forgot all about The Detectives.

And yeah, Derek's game instincts are terrrrrrrible. 

• Love 1

Derex has been contemplating getting Christian out for like 2 weeks though. It isn't Tiff influence, especially since Tiff wants Christian to stay. He talks about how he could potentially use Christian as a shield but he worries that Christian will get to him first since he sees Christian as his biggest (and honestly only) comp threat. He believes that with Christian gone he has a strong chance of winning most of the comps.

But also yea, he's riding with Tiff and Ky, for better or worse. 

I wish Claire was closer to Derex because she obviously knows the CO exists while Derex has no idea so I'd like to see them get close enough to discuss it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Who gave Britni the makeover? She looks good. She doesn’t look like herself but she looks really good. I guess she is trying to fit in. Good for her. Anything to stay in the game and off the block. LOL!!!!

• LOL 2
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wish Claire was closer to Derex because she obviously knows the CO exists

She does? Since when? When I see her talking to the camera, her strategy seems to be based on her alliance with Tiff, which it seems she would know conflicts with the CO. If she knows about the CO, then her game is worse than I thought!

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

She does? Since when? When I see her talking to the camera, her strategy seems to be based on her alliance with Tiff, which it seems she would know conflicts with the CO. If she knows about the CO, then her game is worse than I thought!

She clocked it in her talk with Derex and has mentioned it before in her cam talks without out righting saying what it is. She's also said she knows she probably doesn't have a chance to win. She knows. She's in a tough spot. And she's safe so it's in her better interest to do less right now.

• Useful 5

I've been listening to Britini and Derek discuss her pawn potential. She is not doing her a bad job of securing a future relationship with him. She actually sounds much smarter than I thought she was with the questions she asks.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1