Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

The View: Week of 6/7/2021

Recommended Posts

Monday, June 7 – Denise Huskins and Aaron Quinn (Co-authors, “Victim”)

Tuesday, June 8 – Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday, June 9 — Michael Strahan (“Good Morning America”; “The $100,000 Pyramid”)

Thursday, June 10 — America Ferrera (Co-founder, Poderistas)

Friday, June 11 — The Political View with Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) (Author, “Daughter of the Heartland”); Michelle Buteau (“Weekend Getaway”; “First Wives Club”; “Welcome to Buteaupia”)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe this time Michael Strahan will have better luck and actually appear instead of getting rescheduled for several weeks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm out Wednesday.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, falltime said:

Maybe this time Michael Strahan will have better luck and actually appear instead of getting rescheduled for several weeks.

When was the last time he appeared? Was it last September when he and Keke Palmer popped up to wish Sara a Happy Birthday?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Since when do we watch this show for the guests??

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/4/2021 at 4:15 PM, falltime said:

Monday, June 7 – Denise Huskins and Aaron Quinn (Co-authors, “Victim”)

Is this Meghan's biography? 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Is this Meghan's biography? 🤣

No, her biography is titled "Her  Father, who art in Heaven..."

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/6/2021 at 3:24 AM, MsTree said:

Since when do we watch this show for the guests??

On the rare occasion I actually watch, I only watch the guest spots.  Hot topics sends me into fits of apoplexy.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Manchin isn’t naive, he’s trying to hang onto his job as Joy says. The Dems need to offer him something he’d like more than being a senator.

Meg, protecting voting rights is not “bending the knee to ‘the squad.’”

Interesting tidbit about baby Lillibet - she’s the first royal who is also eligible to be POTUS. (Take that, Meghan!)

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan says she has zero minutes to respond and then babbles on for several minutes.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan says she has zero minutes to respond and then babbles on for several minutes.

Consistently inconsistent .

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Manchin isn’t naive, he’s trying to hang onto his job as Joy says. The Dems need to offer him something he’d like more than being a senator.

I live in Manchin's state and at this point he is universally hated. He will not win another term. Democrats in my state don't trust him and Republicans won't vote for him. Last election I wrote in my own name rather than vote for him.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ifionlyknew said:

Last election I wrote in my own name rather than vote for him.

Good for you!! 🥰

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I live in Manchin's state and at this point he is universally hated. He will not win another term. Democrats in my state don't trust him and Republicans won't vote for him. Last election I wrote in my own name rather than vote for him.

You should have won! We would not be having these problems if you did.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Missy didn't want to contribute to the "Donald's pants" topic so she threw Joy under the bus by saying Joy wasn't allowed to say it looked like he pooped his pants & then had a giggle-fest while everyone else was talking.  Could I dislike her any more??

  • Like 19
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Missy didn't want to contribute to the "Donald's pants" topic so she threw Joy under the bus by saying Joy wasn't allowed to say it looked like he pooped his pants & then had a giggle-fest while everyone else was talking.  Could I dislike her any more??

Joy: "I didn't have a discussion with Standards".

Methinks The Princess wants to add Hall Monitor to her vaunted credentials. Oy.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, After7Only said:

I hate that MM is allowed to spout things that are untrue and misleading.   

Which makes the fact that the show is under ABC's NEWS division all the more absurd. 😡

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

 

Interesting tidbit about baby Lillibet - she’s the first royal who is also eligible to be POTUS. (Take that, Meghan!)

Wouldn’t Archie also be eligible since Meghan is a US born citizen?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I like Sara but she is wrong. Manchin is not representing the Democratic voters in his (my state). He is kowtowing to the voters who did not vote for him.  As that old saying goes you need to dance with the person who brought you.

 

Also something Sara didn't mention and maybe doesn't know is not all legislation needs 60 votes to withstand a filibuster.  A lot of legislation is a simple majority vote.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I like the Primetimer Recap.  😊  Sometimes I don't get to watch the episode right away and by reading the recap, I know what happened and can follow the conversation here.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I like the Primetimer Recap.  😊  Sometimes I don't get to watch the episode right away and by reading the recap, I know what happened and can follow the conversation here.

I like it too for the same reason. If I see Me-again is there being a fool then I skip it. I think it is impressive how quickly the recap gets published. Great job, cslustig! I followed you on twitter!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I suspect 45 now has to wear pull up pants, because he can't manage a zipper.  If he does, indeed, wear an adult diaper, it might have gotten full and been leaking.  I suspect fronto temporal dementia, and he is too combative to let someone help him dress.

Really, Sara, word salad to paraphrase Manchin's op-ed?  McConnell has already made it clear that nothing will get passed, and everything substantive will be filibustered.

I'm wondering if the producers had a talk with Meghan, but not the others.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Wouldn’t Archie also be eligible since Meghan is a US born citizen?

I believe he was born in Canada and I’m not sure Meghan retained her US citizenship. (Someone more in the know than me can confirm.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

"Wash your hands if you want; wear a mask if you want; hug a friend if you want" ... Great advice Whoopi. Are you aware that your show airs in at least 60 different health jurisdictions, some where masks are still required in certain settings?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Do a recap, fine. But everyday, it's a picture of Meghan's face, the headline is Meghan's outrageous comments. Even when she was off, the headline was "Meghan's off, so now we can debate this topic". It's ridiculous. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Picture It. Sicily said:

Do a recap, fine. But everyday, it's a picture of Meghan's face, the headline is Meghan's outrageous comments. Even when she was off, the headline was "Meghan's off, so now we can debate this topic". It's ridiculous. 

👏👏👏👏👏

31 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I believe he was born in Canada and I’m not sure Meghan retained her US citizenship. (Someone more in the know than me can confirm.)

From what I remember, he was born in London.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/6/2021 at 9:32 AM, LetsStartTalking said:

No, her biography is titled "Her  Father, who art in Heaven..."

I wonder if she still communicates with him through Instagram.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

👏👏👏👏👏

From what I remember, he was born in London.

Yes, and Meghan can only lose her US citizenship if she renounces it (dual citizenship has been allowed in the US for >30 yrs).  Marriage doesn't negate it; in fact, marrying her made Harry subject to US income taxes even when they were living in the UK and Canada.  The US & Yemen are alike in having such tax rules.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Do a recap, fine. But everyday, it's a picture of Meghan's face, the headline is Meghan's outrageous comments. Even when she was off, the headline was "Meghan's off, so now we can debate this topic". It's ridiculous. 

This.  A thousand times this.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why on earth did they do that topic on Trump's pants? They weren't on backwards, they had a zipper, but I don't know if he pooped in them. After seeing the topic trending on Twitter yesterday it didn't take me long to find a photo that hadn't been altered but which clearly showed his pants are just ill-fitting. The photo everyone was having with fun had been altered to blur out the zipper and in the process made it look he might be wearing a diaper. And that is all good fun on Twitter.  But the producers surely could do at least as good a job as me and realize this was a total fake-out. Oh, wait, they did know, they said at the end of the segment that Snopes had debunked it and that there are hours of video on CSPAN that prove it. So the producers and the hosts still thought this was a good hot topic?

season 6 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Sara has been providing insightful analysis all season, but today she seemed a bit off. I think by nature she likes to see "both sides" get along, but today she didn't seem to understand during the Manchin discussion that McConnell has no interest in bipartisanship.  He's doing to Biden what he did to Obama - refusing to let good legislation get passed, for fear the voters will like the new laws, and reward Democrats by voting for them.

Good for Whoopie, who distilled the opposition to the voting rights bill by saying that opponents just don't want certain people to vote.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Do a recap, fine. But everyday, it's a picture of Meghan's face, the headline is Meghan's outrageous comments. Even when she was off, the headline was "Meghan's off, so now we can debate this topic". It's ridiculous. 

Maybe the site publishes recaps that focus on Meghan because they read this forum, where we're all obsessed with criticizing Meghan. 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

In attempting to convey her thoughts on the Manchin topic, Whoopi did what MeAgain usually does--she fast-read and garbled a list stats and talking points so that no one could understand a word she said!

Hmmm...MeAgain is told what not to say by Standards but Joy is not? 👀

MeAgain tells she has several thoughts on the Manchin topic, advises us that she could discuss the filibuster for the full hour (while waving her pen in the air) but won't discuss it now because they have no time left. So she wastes time to tell us those two important things. Then goes ahead and blathers on about the Squad and a bunch of other not relevant stuff!  I really had no idea what she was talking about.

 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, bannana said:

I really had no idea what she was talking about.

So, today is no different than any other day. Same here!! 😉😝

2 hours ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

I suspect 45 now has to wear pull up pants, because he can't manage a zipper.  If he does, indeed, wear an adult diaper, it might have gotten full and been leaking.  I suspect fronto temporal dementia, and he is too combative to let someone help him dress.

For whatever it's worth - I think he thinks giant, loose pants make him look slimmer and he's vain enough to believe it. I will leave it at that.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yes, and Meghan can only lose her US citizenship if she renounces it (dual citizenship has been allowed in the US for >30 yrs).  Marriage doesn't negate it; in fact, marrying her made Harry subject to US income taxes even when they were living in the UK and Canada.  The US & Yemen are alike in having such tax rules.

And Meghan didn’t even stay in the UK long enough to gain citizenship. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

And Meghan didn’t even stay in the UK long enough to gain citizenship. 

I was wondering about that and whether the 3-yr residency requirement might have been waived for a nouveau royal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think there was a little animosity between Joy and MM today.

Seems to me that MM is too concerned with what she will talk regarding topics  in pre-meetings and the other co-hosts are willing to talk about anything.

But then I always wonder why MM gets so much time off...or is angry from the get-go.

And her recent attempts at a pleasant face, or laughs is not natural. A lot of us have noticed this is not typical for her.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size