Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/7/2021

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Wow, Meg called Kamala Harris a moron.

"Moron" might be harsh, but she didn't sound smart. It sounded as though she was trying to dance around the question and when that didn't work, she made some kind of lame jokey response. It would have been better for her to say that she had plans to travel to the border to see for herself, since she's supposed to be in charge of managing the illegal immigration crisis. At the least, she didn't think very quickly on her feet.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

She actually said THAT? I didn't see the interview. I turned the channel after the first 5 minutes because that's all I could handle. 

Today is the FIRST time I've watched less than 5 minutes & switched to tennis.  Yay me!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

"Moron" might be harsh, but she didn't sound smart. It sounded as though she was trying to dance around the question and when that didn't work, she made some kind of lame jokey response. It would have been better for her to say that she had plans to travel to the border to see for herself, since she's supposed to be in charge of managing the illegal immigration crisis. At the least, she didn't think very quickly on her feet.

I do like our VP and granted she has a lot on her plate, but yeah she didnt handle that well

On 6/10/2021 at 10:07 AM, ifionlyknew said:

Whoever books the guests misjudges who viewers want to see.  I cannot imagine anyone tuning into the View today specifically to see Jenner. Did she even say anything that will get the show social media mentions?

My theory is that this all stems from a couple weeks back when Joy kept calling Caitlyn 'him/he'. It wasnt intentional and she did apologize.  TPTB in Caitlyn's camp said ok, make it good and have Caitlyn on to voice her views.  Course View TPTB agreed.  We saw how that went lol.  Its just too coincidental  that we have Joy saying He, and suddenly SHE is a guest.  They never addressed on air Joy's faux pas. My bet is they talked about it back stage and reconciled it all so no need to take up airtime with it.  Someone could take a lesson. *ahem* hehe

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3C71C27E-E5DA-49C2-80A9-3DECA1CB30A1.jpeg

Both of these ladies were great guests. Michelle is always so awesome.  I don't mind that she's co-host with John Cena, but I HATE the angle they are using.  Stupid fat jokes, food jokes, idiot jokes.  They suck.  I know a job is a job, but i would be emotionally a wreck every night!  Unless she's a strong enough woman to separate herself and see it as just a character.  I know the show is supposed to be silly, and they need filler between gags. Maybe take it up a level.

As for Joni, i really liked her.  She's really not a blockhead.  Color me surprised lol.  Kidding kidding kidding.hopefully maybe she can help with things, but i don't see her team giving her 2 seconds of time.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

“The era of bipartisanship is over.”  Are you serious, Mitch?  That is the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever heard in my life, followed by Meg’s pearl clutching over AOC’s comments.

Sara, you may like Joe Manchin’s windmill tilting, trying to get obstinate Reps to bargain in good faith, but he will go down in history as the man who singlehandedly let democracy die, as Whoopi says.

Wow, Meg called Kamala Harris a moron.

Today’s episode was prerecorded so we have Whoopi but no Ana. 

Megan is the last person to call anybody a moron, she is something else.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 13
(edited)
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan thinks she's smart. It would make sense for her to find the VP stupid. 

Even if she had a bad day, so what! A legitimate criticism of the VP should have been she needs to be more savvy in how to handle the press..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Maybe the VP isn’t interested in a self serving photo op. 

As Ana said earlier this week, people are coming to the border for asylum, and sending their small children on their own, because the conditions in their own countries are so intolerable that they don't see an alternative than to make the trip.  Maybe Harris went to Central America because she thinks that the longterm solution to the border crisis does not lie at the border.

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe Harris went to Central America because she thinks that the longterm solution to the border crisis does not lie at the border.

Ana knows that.  VP Harris knows that. Most of us here know that. People like Meghan either are too stupid to know that or know it and ignore it for reasons.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Ana knows that.  VP Harris knows that. Most of us here know that. People like Meghan either are too stupid to know that or know it and ignore it for reasons.

If MeAgain had listened to Harris' entire speech, she'd have learned that our VP wants to fix the problems in the countries that she's visiting.  Countries that have so many problems people are forced to flee.  They'd prefer to stay in their own country, but it's not safe!

• Love 15
(edited)

Sorry, but I think a host (supposedly educated) of a women's talk show, on a major network, should suffer some kind of consequence for calling the Vice President of the US a "moron" on tv.  Since I don't watch this show anymore, I guess they have called all President's and politicians names over the years.  So it is normal, I guess.

I don't like the expression "trashy" since it demeans people who maybe do not fit what media and society demands.  But between Megan's brassiness, the tacky hair and makeup...she would seem to fit the description.  

Edited by Kemper
spelling error
  • Love 20
11 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sorry, but I think a host (supposedly educated) of a women's talk show, on a major network, should suffer some kind of consequence for calling the Vice President of the US a "moron" on tv.

What  I thought was hilarious about this is that MeAgain was asking the Senator a question and in that question she stated that the VP was a moron. But the Senator herself talked about how people can have differing views but it doesn't mean people have to be uncivil towards each other. 👀

• Love 19
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

She'll just counter with how many names the former POTUS + family endured for four years.  Which is true unfortunately. I can only think of one instance when Whoopi said it.  But she's not alone.  Including me. Which broadens to a whole other issue.  I'll  quit now.  Too big to think aboooooooout

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bannana said:

What  I thought was hilarious about this is that MeAgain was asking the Senator a question and in that question she stated that the VP was a moron. But the Senator herself talked about how people can have differing views but it doesn't mean people have to be uncivil towards each other. 👀

And that Senator is a Republican like her and even she knew it was extremely disrespectful for Megan to say that.   I am hoping Megan acting like a Karen on a daily basis will get her fired. I know that I am deluding myself but hope springs eternal..

• Love 18
On 6/10/2021 at 11:11 AM, Haleth said:

Any of you all dealing with cicadas?

Yes! The Baltimore area.Our neighborhood has a lot of mature trees so they are everywhere.  The warmer it gets the louder they become. The noice can be deafening, to the point where it’s too loud to be outside. They should be gone by the 4th of July (allegedly). This is my first experience, I’m told that by the end they begin to smell like rotting food.

Whoopie mentioned experiencing cicadas a couple of years ago? What was she talking about? 

• Love 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Whoopie mentioned experiencing cicadas a couple of years ago? What was she talking about? 

She may have meant another breed of cicadas. The cicadas that come every 17 years and are currently wreaking havoc are called Brood X.

Whoopi's been verbal about her fear of bugs for years. There was an interview with Jay Leno that I saw her do in the late 1990s where she mentioned being in the Caribbean filming a movie and the bugs were everywhere. Her reactions now were the same as they were then!! 😂

Edited by catlover79
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

I grew up on a farm and worked on the farm for ten years. And I hate bugs of any kind! This cicada thing would make me insane! I watched news coverage of it and started to feel the bugs on my neck. I am with Whoopi on this one.

• Love 3
(edited)

As far as I'm concerned, Meghan's about as qualified to call VP Harris a "moron" as Caitlyn Jenner is to be Governor of California. 

🤪 🙃 🤫 🤐

Edited by DollEyes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
On 6/9/2021 at 1:16 PM, KittyQ said:

lately it seems that some people are convinced that no one ever evolves or changes, so everything they've ever said or done will condemn them indefinitely.

Personally, I think a lot has to do with the fact that the very famous, well-respected Maya Angelou once said "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."  A quote which Oprah has repeated in public frequently, and Sunny has repeated continuously throughout her time on the show - most recently, the other day.

I, myself, think it's rather unfair, limiting and even dangerous to live by Angelou's philosophy, as it allows no chance for self-improvement in the future or 'learning by mistakes' as time goes on. Once two strangers meet for the first time, that's that...you have each shown the other person 'who you are' ? I don't buy it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Personally, I think a lot has to do with the fact that the very famous, well-respected Maya Angelou once said "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."  A quote which Oprah has repeated in public frequently, and Sunny has repeated continuously throughout her time on the show - most recently, the other day.

I, myself, think it's rather unfair, limiting and even dangerous to live by Angelou's philosophy, as it allows no chance for self-improvement in the future or 'learning by mistakes' as time goes on. Once two strangers meet for the first time, that's that...you have each shown the other person 'who you are' ? I don't buy it.  

I know Maya Angelou is a legend, and I love me some Oprah. I agree with you though.

I've kind of always struggled with living by this quote and not giving up on others. I think extremes on any issue are usually dangerous.

Good people have bad days. People go through things and become better. There have been people I couldn't stand at first who became dear friends of mine. I'm a nice person, but due to anxiety and shyness, I'm sure I don't always come across as one. Writing people off too quickly is indeed unfair imo. 

I also think there are times you have to say, you know what, enough is enough. You've shown me who you are; it's not pretty, and it's time for me to stop make excuses for it. 

Take this show. Are all the women nice 100% of the time? No. They're human beings. Now Meghan on the other hand is a different story. The others might get grouchy. They may say things they wish they could take back, but Meghan is constantly rude. If you're a softhearted person, you might make excuses for her. I could see the women much older than her like Joy and Whoopi say, Meghan's still a kid (even if she's not). Maybe Meghan is behaving this way because her father's sick? Meghan's father just passed away, so we'll cut her slack. Meghan had a miscarriage, so she can't handle any motherhood topics. At a certain point, even if Meghan has a nice, likable side, just believe what she's shown you is what she is. A nice person who's worthy of being in your life isn't going to be nasty for years on end. JMO. 

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure Gavin Newsome will fill up The View's airtime in the weeks leading up to the recall election. 

It looked like Joni Ernst was sporting a mullet.

Whenever they mention Joe Manchin I hear Joe Mansion, y'know, the distant cousin of Joe Dirt.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2021 at 6:20 PM, KayVeeTeeVee said:

If MeAgain had listened to Harris' entire speech, she'd have learned that our VP wants to fix the problems in the countries that she's visiting.  Countries that have so many problems people are forced to flee.  They'd prefer to stay in their own country, but it's not safe!

You think Harris will be able to fix all of those countries problems in a short visit? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know Maya Angelou is a legend, and I love me some Oprah. I agree with you though.

I've kind of always struggled with living by this quote and not giving up on others. I think extremes on any issue are usually dangerous.

Good people have bad days. People go through things and become better. There have been people I couldn't stand at first who became dear friends of mine. I'm a nice person, but due to anxiety and shyness, I'm sure I don't always come across as one. Writing people off too quickly is indeed unfair imo. 

How I wish Joy would challenge Sunny (and Whoopi, and Ana) whenever they quote Angelou. Joy is smart enough not to go by this philosophy, but she will catch hell for opposing Maya Angelou by all three ladies, Oprah and the media (no doubt).

I have my friend 'Tina' whom I've been friends with for close to 40 years, as we met in College.  She is the sweetest, kindest, most charming, most polite woman you would ever meet. More often than not, when I introduce her to my other friends whom she never met before, they always tell me later on, "I can see why you two have been friends for so long. She's a lovely person."

About six months ago, right before the holidays, she lost her only child unexpectedly at the age of 23 to an undetected heart disorder (they discovered the cause of death in an autopsy).  Her son 'Tommy' meant the world to her and her husband. The three of them were rather inseparable, as she had him in her late 30s after years of not being able to start a family.  Needless to say, his death has destroyed her and her husband. Their lives have been turned upside down and sideways, grieving over their son and suffering through depression.

Now if you were to meet her today for the first time, you would not be meeting the same 'Tina' you would have met a year ago or twenty years ago. She's changed - she's more withdrawn in public, she's not as 'charming and optimistic' as she once was (she's become rather angry at the world, which is understandable), she's not as friendly to new people, she's rather bitter and edgy around others. Of course, it has everything to do with the circumstances she's under. If Sunny, Whoopi, Ana and Oprah based their impression on her today after meeting her for the first time, they wouldn't like her at all. And that's not fair to Tina. She's not showing her 'true self' that everyone has known (me for 40 years) - she's showing her circumstantial self. And this goes against what Angelou has preached, and is now being repeated by 'everyone'.

• Love 2