Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/7/2021

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Every day, MeAgain has to attack AOC & The Squad, no matter what the topic is!

Are they the ones who pee in her Cheerios every morning? If Dr. Fauci joined The Squad, her head would explode!!!

• LOL 15

I've been busy this week helping my mother who's down from a surgery, so I missed most of the first segment yesterday and today. I've seen Ana and Sara speak, and I know Sunny's there because Whoopi just mentioned her, so I'm assuming Joy is off? At least that gives me an excuse to miss this show, too, but good for Ana, I guess.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I've been busy this week helping my mother who's down from a surgery, so I missed most of the first segment yesterday and today. I've seen Ana and Sara speak, and I know Sunny's there because Whoopi just mentioned her, so I'm assuming Joy is off? At least that gives me an excuse to miss this show, too, but good for Ana, I guess.

Yes, Joy is off (but Whoopi didn’t address this).

Hope your mom feels better soon, Green.

Sunny, of course Kamala was talking to illegal immigrants. Did you listen to the whole statement or just the sound bite?

Whoopi is babbling again. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7

So is The Squad the face and voice of the Left?  Or are they tone deaf to the base, and don’t speak for them?  Because she’s trying to take both positions.  Consistently inconsistent!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh god, here comes another Megamouth rant about VP Harris.

I'm out.  From now on I only watch The View when the faire martyr isn't on.  I can't deal with her anymore.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

She is so obsessed with her. I think she wants to be the conservative equivalent of AOC, and the conservatives as a whole barely tolerate her. 

She knows AOC is everything she is not. She was elected to her seat.  On her own without her father's name to help her.  People actually listen to her political opinions.  Meghan knows she could never achieve what AOC has.

• Love 18
52 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan did college tours?  Um, why?

To lecture students how unfortunate they are to go to college, and not as lucky as she is to be born into Republican royalty with a hefty dash of white privilege thrown in, and her future as a political analyst and political influencer was set in motion for her the day she was born. So who needs college except for the under-privileged, whom she doesn't include in her social circle, anyway ?

And that is why she gets booed off the stage.

• LOL 10
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

I believe he was born in Canada and I’m not sure Meghan retained her US citizenship. (Someone more in the know than me can confirm.)

She never gave up her US citizenship..she claimed she would seek UK citizenship but that would have taken 7 years i think so she doesn't have that.  Archie was born in the UK.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meghan did college tours?  Um, why?

I don't know about the colleges she spoke at.  BUT -  there have been numerous protests when campuses host conservative speakers to address the students.   It's not about them not being allowed to speak - it's that students will object, and protest when speakers are being PAID.  Students pay tuition, and they certainly have the right to protest when their tuition money, or student fees, are being spent to push an agenda that they object to.  

THere have been numerous instances when conservative speakers are uninvited to campuses because of students' objections.   and the response is always that it's a violation of "free speech."   But it's not.  The first amendment means the government can't stop you from speaking, not that you have the right to a forum whenever you want it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Yes, Joy is off (but Whoopi didn’t address this).

Perhaps she is being punished for rolling her eyes and expelling air when MeAgain interrupted her yet again in the middle of Joy's turn to talk yesterday. It would be fair if everyone got a free day off to balance each of MeAgain's time out days.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

Perhaps she is being punished for rolling her eyes and expelling air when MeAgain interrupted her yet again during Joy's turn to talk yesterday. 

Or that weird Standards thing yesterday during the pants discussion. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Every day, MeAgain has to attack AOC & The Squad, no matter what the topic is!

Megan is a vile ignorant coward and she could not take on these women intellectually face to face in a debate, they would eat her for lunch and she knows it. 

2 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I'm out.  From now on I only watch The View when the faire martyr isn't on.  I can't deal with her anymore.

I am watching the show less and less because of her.  As soon as I saw what "Hot topics" was going to be about, I changed the channel because I did not want to hear her spew lies and propaganda without any pushback. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

Neil - are all those people with smart phones taking the time to look up into the sky or are they busy taking selfies and using the phone for directions? :-) No matter what, perhaps the reason UFOs are near military flights or bases, is because those would be of interest to whoever is flying them. Although, I believe there are plenty of reports of UFOs seen near cities or other populated areas. However, the images aren't as detailed as the pilots'.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Neil - are all those people with smart phones taking the time to look up into the sky or are they busy taking selfies and using the phone for directions? :-) No matter what, perhaps the reason UFOs are near military flights or bases, is because those would be of interest to whoever is flying them. Although, I believe there are plenty of reports of UFOs seen near cities or other populated areas. However, the images aren't as detailed as the pilots'.

If I was an Alien from out of Space, I would want nothing to do with the human race. Look at what we have done to each other, the Animals and the Planet itself since time immemorial.  We would do the same thing to them and their planets.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
On 6/7/2021 at 12:02 PM, Medicine Crow said:

then had a giggle-fest while everyone else was talking. 

Even her giggle-fests (or any laughs, really) don't seem natural. Compare that to when Sara completely lost it when discussing the Jeffrey Toobin scandal (video posted on Sara's thread). THAT was a true giggle-fest. Lighten up, Princess!! 🙄

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

If I was an Alien from out of Space, I would want nothing to do with the human race. Look at what we have done to each other, the Animals and the Planet itself since time immemorial.  We would do the same thing to them and their planets.  

If Bezos is going then I'm assuming he is looking for a way to make money in space.  I also have no doubt if there was a way for humans to rape and pillage space they would do that in a heartbeat.  Do you know  there are people who think someone owns the moon?

• Love 2

It would be great if one of these UFOs landed in Arizona, right smack dab in the center of McCain Village.  As soon as they step off the spaceship, they best pay respect to MyFather, or else they will suffer the wrath of Meganutz like no one ever has before.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Or that weird Standards thing yesterday during the pants discussion. 

That's what i thought too. S&P got her.  Funny that Whoopi didn't say that Joy was out today and Ana's here like she always does

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

She is so obsessed with her. I think she wants to be the conservative equivalent of AOC, and the conservatives as a whole barely tolerate her. 

I think she said she WAS the conservative equivalent of AOC when AOC guested on the show. AOC politely smiled, which showed more restraint than I would have been capable of.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

That's what i thought too. S&P got her.  Funny that Whoopi didn't say that Joy was out today and Ana's here like she always does

I also think people got "talked to" after yesterday's show.  MM was fairly subdued and almost "nice" today.   She made a point of saying she agreed with Ana more than once.  Her AOC rant was expected but she managed to stop herself before she got too worked up.   She even managed to keep her comments relatively brief.     

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

It would be great if one of these UFOs landed in Arizona, right smack dab in the center of McCain Village.  As soon as they step off the spaceship, they best pay respect to MyFather, or else they will suffer the wrath of Meganutz like no one ever has before.

We come in peace. We have heard great things of the one you called John McCain. Too bad neither he nor his daughter were cool enough to be in The Squad . . .

the simpsons ufo GIF

I think it's perfectly fine for AOC to disagree with Kamala Harris's speech; being part of the same team doesn't mean everyone's opinions must be in lock-step. For a bunch of women who don't always agree, you'd think the ladies of The View would understand that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Meghan...please STOP. looking off camera, it is so distracting.  It gives the impression that you are looking for help with remarks.  If you can’t keep up, please go!

The eyes darting to her left was OTT today. It was while NDT was speaking, and she had the next question. So presumably her producer is coaching her or giving her time signals. Sometimes after she looks to the left and then quickly looks into the camera again, she does this weird little smile, which is not at all connected to what is being said by the guest. That happened today a few times. She looked like she was watching a ping pong game today.

ping pong cat GIF

Confused Robert Mitchum GIF by filmeditor

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I think it's perfectly fine for AOC to disagree with Kamala Harris's speech; being part of the same team doesn't mean everyone's opinions must be in lock-step. For a bunch of women who don't always agree, you'd think the ladies of The View would understand that.

Absolutely, and it doesn't necessarily mean any kind of disrespect.  I was happy that Sunny wasn't in lock-step with VP Harris.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I also think people got "talked to" after yesterday's show.  MM was fairly subdued and almost "nice" today.   She made a point of saying she agreed with Ana more than once.  Her AOC rant was expected but she managed to stop herself before she got too worked up.   She even managed to keep her comments relatively brief.     

Yeah, but it's always wash, rinse, repeat. Nothing ever changes. No one *coughMeghancough* ever faces any lasting consequences. 

I've said this before, but the real acid test will be when they finally stop broadcasting remotely and reunite in the studio. It's one thing to be rude and/or disengaged when you're broadcasting from home - but when you have to be there in person with a guest you may not like (not to mention an audience), that's a different story. We all know that Meghan has a bad temper, a very short fuse and no impulse control - and that's not good for anyone.

• Love 10

During the discussion of "cancel Culture"  today, I wish they had brought up the conservative hysteria over things that didn't actually happen.  To me, the big controversy over cancel culture has to do with blaming the administration when decisions are made by private companies that have nothing to do with the administration.  Examples:   The muppets are being cancelled! Mr. Potato head is being cancelled!   The left is cancelling Dr. Seuss! 

I was glad that Ana was there to give a sensible opinion that was so good, it kind of took the wind out of Meghan's sails, because she HAD to agree with it.  I think it was deliberate, so we got MEghan saying "I agree with Ana"  instead of Meghan talking before her, and Ana having to say "I agree with Meghan".  

I laughed when Meghan talked about President Obama, and the platform he ran on.  I bet she had to restrain herself from saying what she was thinking about that presidential race!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Meghan...please STOP. looking off camera, it is so distracting.  It gives the impression that you are looking for help with remarks.  If you can’t keep up, please go!

I think she is looking at her pompous self in the monitor 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I was glad that Ana was there to give a sensible opinion that was so good, it kind of took the wind out of Meghan's sails, because she HAD to agree with it.  I think it was deliberate

I see your point, but then Ana usually goes first because she's not on every day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

So is The Squad the face and voice of the Left?  Or are they tone deaf to the base, and don’t speak for them?  Because she’s trying to take both positions.  Consistently inconsistent!

I don't think I've ever seen anyone on TV who speaks out of both sides of her mouth like she does. Unbelievable!! 🙄

• Love 11
5 hours ago, After7Only said:

She made a point of saying she agreed with Ana more than once.    

I noticed that.  Agreeing with Ana not once but twice in the same show.  Usually it's zero.  So very strange.

5 hours ago, bannana said:

she does this weird little smile, which is not at all connected to what is being said by the guest. 

I think someone in her ear or to the left is saying "Smile!"  Except she doesn't do it naturally or gradually--she goes from zero to Cheshire Cat in one second.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I wish they would rehearse Whoopi on what she will be saying to introduce each topic in each segment. They usually talk about one topic between the endless commercial breaks, so can't they rehearse what she says ? As an actress can't she memorize her one or two lines ?

I know she has dyslexia, but I find it very uncomfortable to watch her struggle while she's reading the prompter in front of her, with that befuddled look on her face, and not knowing whether to end the one sentence as a question or a declarative statement. She looks uncomfortable and confused, and makes the viewer feel the same. If she can memorize a script, can't she memorize one or two sentences tops before the camera goes on her ?

• Love 15