Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/7/2021

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Joy hit the nail on the head: “If you’re anti science, then why are you in the medical field?!” Even MEG agrees with that. I have no pity for people who are refusing to get the vaccine and hospital workers that should know better and are choosing ignorance are beneath contempt. 

One of my best friends is an LPN and she had covid last summer (asymptomatic). She works at a long term care center and watched many patients die from covid and she won't get the vaccine. I asked her why and she says she doesn't know enough about it.  All I can do is simply shake my head in disbelief/disappointment.

• Love 1
(edited)

“A friend of Ben and I’s.”  How’s that Ivy League education working, Meg?  (Pet peeve.)

CA called and said that it doesn’t want you back, Meg.

Ugh, wasn’t one segment with Jenner enough?  I was soooo hoping someone would ask her who won the election. Thank you, Joy!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

One of my best friends is an LPN and she had covid last summer (asymptomatic). She works at a long term care center and watched many patients die from covid and she won't get the vaccine. I asked her why and she says she doesn't know enough about it.  All I can do is simply shake my head in disbelief/disappointment.

Similar with one of my friends who works as an admin at a hospital here (close to the Montreal area.) They got a lot of patients during the first 2 waves and yet when they were offered the shot, she and a lot of her colleagues shot it down because they feel it was rushed to market. 

Each time I watch Caitlyn Jenner, I feel she talks with marbles in her mouth. And there is something up with her chin, like it’s a bad implant.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Axie said:

Caitlyn's appearance destroyed the show for me.  After her, I just didn't care about the rest of the show.

Whoever books the guests misjudges who viewers want to see.  I cannot imagine anyone tuning into the View today specifically to see Jenner. Did she even say anything that will get the show social media mentions?

• Love 16
(edited)
10 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Whoever books the guests misjudges who viewers want to see.  I cannot imagine anyone tuning into the View today specifically to see Jenner. Did she even say anything that will get the show social media mentions?

I'd rather watch the segment about cicadas again!! At least that was entertaining.

I'm glad Joy and Sunny weren't afraid to ask tough and important questions. Also, I'm glad Meghan's hair, makeup and clothes were normal looking. She looks so much better without those silly hairpieces and extensions.

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 6
(edited)
20 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I'm glad Sunny wasn't afraid to ask a tough question...and an important one.

But she didn't answer it other than to say that she would be the best person for the job. She didn't answer any of the challenging questions asked or give any policies other than about immigration which is a question she wasn't asked. It was all a script that she learned beforehand.

America Ferrara gave much more thought-out answers as well as having experience in grass roots politics.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Caitlyn Jenner-Gas has gone up since I moved to California in 1973 so I need to be governor. 

That just proves her point about Gavin Newsom. Gas here in DC is still a quarter a gallon. NOT!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But she didn't answer it other than to say that she would be the best person for the job. She didn't answer any of the challenging questions asked or give any policies other than about immigration which is a question she wasn't asked. It was all a script that she learned beforehan.

I know - but at least she (Sunny) asked it.

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

On what planet is that even remotely true?  She has been an Olympic athlete and appeared on a reality show.  I don't care what she thinks but being on a reality show is not a qualification for a political career.  Hopefully voters in California will agree.

BINGO!!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏

• Love 13

We pretty much have come to the same conclusion...what a fiasco.  Shitshow?  I like fiasco.  I dont know how many interviews shes given, but she still seemed shaky and nervous. She would fall back on 'for the people' and the other one i forgot it.  I was not impressed AT all.  God help Cali if she wins the recall.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Not only that, she wouldn't make eye contact.  Granted its a monitor, but same screen.  But she would give her spiel, eyes down, won't answer questions, spiel, eyes never lifting once. That says a  lot.  One pov had me thinking, i wonder if she really wants to do this.  The other pov was, i wonder if someone is 'making' her do this.  Like maybe someone higher up in the culture who sees a chance to get a LBGT+ peep in office. Maybe a mentor of Caitlyn, maybe pushed  her to do it.  She does out of respect for her mentor, but doesn't really want to. You could tell the affection for the Trump.  If Caitlyn Were to win, i bet Trump would be in the mix somewhere guiding what she should do.  One of her 'advisors'  for sure 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

You could tell the affection for the Trump.  If Caitlyn Were to win, i bet Trump would be in the mix somewhere guiding what she should do.  One of her 'advisors'  for sure 

UGGGH. I'd rather see a cicada in office.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Caitlin is a traitor to her own people.  It goes to show you that even people who are in marginalized  group can turn around and support policies that hurt people who are like them for their own gain.

She still has the mentality of a privileged white man.  She thinks because she wants something she can get it.

• Love 21

I didn't trust Caitlin Jenner to tell the truth so I checked. Pennsylvania has a higher gas tax.  It may seem like a little lie but it's a lie nonetheless.  If they lie about little things they will lie about big things.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

We pretty much have come to the same conclusion...what a fiasco.  Shitshow?  I like fiasco.  I dont know how many interviews shes given, but she still seemed shaky and nervous. She would fall back on 'for the people' and the other one i forgot it.  I was not impressed AT all.  God help Cali if she wins the recall.

What I'm not getting is Caitlin Jenner is pretty much a self admitted hermit, living high on a hilltop in Malibu. I guess she thinks she can run the State via Zoom calls? Shaking my head ... 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

She still has the mentality of a privileged white man.  She thinks because she wants something she can get it.

Also applies to a privileged white woman as well.

I’m so glad I didn’t watch because just what I read was enough to make me furious. “Thoughtful disrupter”?! That’s an oxymoron if I ever saw one!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

“A friend of Ben and I’s.”  How’s that Ivy League education working, Meg?  (Pet peeve.)

I have the same pet peeve.  I first noticed that phrasing on The Bachelor shows, and now it's everywhere.  It drives me crazy -  the possessive of I/me is my or mine -  I's is NEVER correct.  

• Love 15
4 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Not only that, she wouldn't make eye contact.  Granted its a monitor, but same screen.  But she would give her spiel, eyes down, won't answer questions, spiel, eyes never lifting once. That says a  lot.  One pov had me thinking, i wonder if she really wants to do this.  The other pov was, i wonder if someone is 'making' her do this.  Like maybe someone higher up in the culture who sees a chance to get a LBGT+ peep in office. Maybe a mentor of Caitlyn, maybe pushed  her to do it.  She does out of respect for her mentor, but doesn't really want to. You could tell the affection for the Trump.  If Caitlyn Were to win, i bet Trump would be in the mix somewhere guiding what she should do.  One of her 'advisors'  for sure 

Good points - I wonder if Kris Jenner has anything to do with this.  God help California if Caitlyn gets elected.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Good points - I wonder if Kris Jenner has anything to do with this.  God help California if Caitlyn gets elected.  

I doubt Kris would do anything to help Caitlyn.  They have not been on the best of terms.  Plus, I would guess Kris is a democrat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I doubt Kris would do anything to help Caitlyn.  They have not been on the best of terms.  Plus, I would guess Kris is a democrat.

Thought i heard or saw Kris saying they hadn't talked at all in over a year

• Love 2
4 hours ago, After7Only said:

Did Caitlin say she was going to protect the state's Eastern front when discussing illegal immigration?   Are they being invaded by Arizona and Nevada?

"I'll take Geography for $200, Alex."  RIP

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, After7Only said:

Did Caitlin say she was going to protect the state's Eastern front when discussing illegal immigration?   Are they being invaded by Arizona and Nevada?

Honestly if you don't even know the geography of your state how do you expect people to believe you would know how to govern?

14 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

If by some chance Jenner were to win I'm sure Kris would want to be part of that. She would find a way to exploit that for more money and fame.

• Love 7

And, did she say something to the effect that Florida is the model of what a state should have done regarding the pandemic because it's been pretty much fully open/unrestricted most of the last year? Really?

5 minutes ago, cinsays said:

And, did she say something to the effect that Florida is the model of what a state should have done regarding the pandemic because it's been pretty much fully open/unrestricted most of the last year? Really?

Yes she talked very highly of Governor Desantis.  It seems like Jenner's platform is Gavin Newsome is bad.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Yes she talked very highly of Governor Desantis.  It seems like Jenner's platform is Gavin Newsome is bad.

yup

he needs equal time on the show to tell his side of the story 

• Love 7
(edited)

“The era of bipartisanship is over.”  Are you serious, Mitch?  That is the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever heard in my life, followed by Meg’s pearl clutching over AOC’s comments.

Sara, you may like Joe Manchin’s windmill tilting, trying to get obstinate Reps to bargain in good faith, but he will go down in history as the man who singlehandedly let democracy die, as Whoopi says.

Wow, Meg called Kamala Harris a moron.

Today’s episode was prerecorded so we have Whoopi but no Ana. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sara, you may like Joe Manchin’s windmill tilting, trying to get obstinate Reps to bargain in good faith, but he will go down in history as the man who singlehandedly let democracy die, as Whoopi says.

Sara is being so naive.  Manchin is an opportunist.  He is only out for himself.  He knows his chances of winning reelection are slim so I think he is positioning himself to change parties.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Wow, Meg called Kamala Harris a moron.

She actually said THAT? I didn't see the interview. I turned the channel after the first 5 minutes because that's all I could handle. 

• Love 3