Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Forgive or Forget

• Start Topic

Shaun and Lea go on a camping trip to distract themselves from their grief over their miscarriage. Meanwhile, Morgan and Park argue about the best course of treatment for their patient.

Original airdate: 5/24/21

• Love 1

Wow. That ending with Glassman and Debbie. On the one hand, I'm kind of surprised, but on the other hand, I'm not, because, yeah, they have had a lot of issues to deal with, and they rushed into their relationship and their marriage without really sorting out issues like the gun thing*. So yeah, in some ways this seemed inevitable. Unless, of course, this winds up being a break, and they find their way to each other again as the season winds down, or next season. Which could be equally as possible. 

*Personally speaking, the whole gun thing would've been an automatic dealbreaker for me right off the bat with anyone I got into a relationship with. I was totally on Glassman's side as he argued his point regarding the issues involved in her bringing her gun out like she did at the beginning. But yeah, if Glassman was going to be with her despite his reservations about guns, then he needed to learn how to deal with that. At the same time, Debbie needed to acknowledge situations like the one with him coming home could be a possibility and plan for that as well. 

I also sided with Morgan on the drug thing, but. her coming around in terms of seeing it as a distraction at the end was interesting. I also don't blame her for being a bit bothered by Park's suggestion at the end, but she's been kinda putting up her own walls as well, so...

As for Shaun and Lea, ah, man, talk about the camping trip from hell. I'm not sure the whole foot thing needed to be part of the storyline, both because they were already dealing with enough problems on that trip and also because I couldn't look at the screen the entire time Lea was working on Shaun :p. But I am glad that she was able to do her part to help him, and that it did seem to bridge the distance that had been between them of late. 

And Claire...I can understand her wanting to forgive her dad for her own peace of mind, but she was also right to be angry at him, and I wouldn't have blamed her had she stuck to that feeling. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

And Claire...I can understand her wanting to forgive her dad for her own peace of mind, but she was also right to be angry at him, and I wouldn't have blamed her had she stuck to that feeling

i know her father could have been bullshitting her about sending money. but we knew her mother was, to say the least, irresponsible, yet claire wouldn’t even consider the possibility that her mother could have squandered the money her father sent... 

• Love 4

I find it hard to believe that Claire's father sent enough money to pay for rent, food and college but never once wanted to see her in person to see how she was doing or to attend her college graduation when he paid for it, or even check that her mother who he himself couldn't live with was treating her well. He also must have been earning 250K or more to be able to afford that. Nice try, writers.

Shaun and Lea are endgame forever.

I understand Morgan's scepticism about the psilocybin for depression but ignorance is no excuse. Drugs like psilocybin and MDMA are the cutting edge for mental health treatment from depression to PTSD. Growing them himself is not a good thing but instead of her gobbledygook explanation, she should have found the patient a drug trial.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

i know her father could have been bullshitting her about sending money. but we knew her mother was, to say the least, irresponsible, yet claire wouldn’t even consider the possibility that her mother could have squandered the money her father sent... 

Oh, for sure. Neither her mom or dad will win "Parent of the Year". And I do think Claire understands and acknowledges her dad's complaints about her mom-she's already had to sort through and address that stuff as it was. But it's hard to be sympathetic to his complaints about her mom when he's not any better in how he handled everything. 

Either way, if I were Claire, I'd just be very wary about putting any trust back in her dad. Because knowing her luck, chances are pretty good he'll let her down again. I'd like to hope I'm proven wrong, but... 

• Love 7
(edited)

I am not a gun person and would be freaked about sleeping in a room with a loaded gun. But I understood Debbie's point about not liking that he just unloaded it without telling her. If there was an actual emergency/break in that would be bad. They should have dealt with the gun issue when it first came up ages ago.

I didn't understand why Debbie took out the gun though. She knew her husband wasn't home, so wouldn't it be natural to assume the person who came in the house was her husband? He didn't let the alarm run that long. I would not want to live with someone that quick to pull out a gun. If Debbie is that scared maybe they set up a code word to yell out or something?

I feel like the person Claire should have been mad at after her father told her about the money was her mother. I know her mom's dead and she can't really address it, but it really sounds like she just spent child support money on herself, which is pretty terrible. Her father doesn't seem to have any reason to lie about giving money. Granted, we don't know how much it actually was and what was done with it. Just because he thought it was enough for rent and school doesn't mean it actually was. Maybe her mother did use it for rent and just never told Claire.  I think it is good for Claire to forgive him though. Not because he deserves it, but because it is healthier for her to let go of the anger.

I understood Park's point with him and Morgan, but I will admit I felt bad for her. Not sure why, she is a total bitch and was terrible to Park and pushed him away. But she seemed hurt.

Good for Lea for being able to perform surgery on Shaun's leg. I don't know if I could have done that. I thought it was funny that Shaun carried that large bottle of tequila in his backback on his hike. When I hike I lighten my bag to only the essentials. Water, yes. Pocket knife, yes. A small tent repair kit, possibly. Alcohol, no. 

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 6

Can safely say that I never would have predicted there would be a situation that requires Shaun to declare "Tequila, stat!"

Honestly, I think Shaun had a solid idea somewhere in there about him and Lea going out of their comfort zones and trying something unexpected to take their mind off of things.  But maybe he should have been a little better with planning it out.  Like, if you are going camping, it might not hurt to actually make a reservation instead of just hoping one of the 27 open spots isn't taken, or make sure the weather isn't calling for rain and if it is, make damn sure the tent is secure.  But, hey, it all worked out and they grow closer together thanks to.... Shaun injuring himself falling off a log, and Lea actually having to perform surgery on his ankle in the middle of the freaking woods!  At this point, they really might be the endgame couple, because they've seem to have gone through almost everything!

Show brings back Claire's dad to cause some more drama.  Since I do think he is sincere for the most part, I will take him at his word that he really did send checks to support Claire and it is likely her mom either lost them or used them herself, but even if that was the case, the dad already knew her mom wasn't mentally well (hence why he left), so if he was really serious about making sure Claire was provided and taken care of, wouldn't it have made more sense to create some kind of fund in her name or something?  It just seemed half-hearted on his part.  But Claire is now willing to forgive him, which I guess is good for her sake of mind, but I still think he is getting off easy.  I also noticed that once again, Lim seemed to look annoyed when Asher said Claire didn't have to forgive him, and while I usually love Lim, I really can't see why she seems offended by that (although, she was right about Claire actually having the conversation and not just trying to ignore it or her feelings.)

The stuff with Park and Reznick seems to be drama for drama's sake.  Park has now got it in his head that his feelings for her are effecting his judgement on the job (even though he's always been someone who prefers the "safer" options: for better and worse), so he's going straight for the nuclear option and not even wanting to be friends anymore.  Which is understandably pissing off Reznick, but at the same time, she clearly has feelings for him that are more than just friendship (or "friends with benefits"), but continues to stubbornly not act on it.  I guess it will be this way until some kind of crazy event makes her admit it (hey, it worked out for Shaun and Lea in last season's finale!)

Not surprised Glassman and Debbie have hit a rough patch that has made her leave (for now?)  Again, I'm more on Glassman's side when it comes to whole who gun thing, but doing things like secretly taking the bullets out of the gun is not the way to go.  This really was an issues that needed to be discussed before they tied the knot.  I have no idea if there is any chance for them to work out, since he'll never feel safe with it loaded and around, and she wouldn't feel safe if it wasn't there.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

if I wereClaire, I'd just be very wary about putting any trust back in her dad. Because knowing her luck, chances are pretty good he'll let her down again. I'd like to hope I'm proven wrong, but... 

She should be wary but it's very tempting. As far as we know, except for her friendship with Lim, Claire is entirely alone. That's a very painful and vulnerable position to be in.

• Love 2

Next time I'm at a party, I'm just going to start yelling "tequila, stat!" just to see if anyone actually gives me any. Poor Shaun and Lea were just having the camping trip from absolute hell, I was half expecting them to run into a bear, but instead Shaun hurt his ankle and Lea had to perform emergency surgery on him, which is better than a bear attack but not ideal. Still it was a nice idea for them to get out of their comfort zone a bit and have some time just the two of them, and it all ended with them working well together and feeling pretty good, so it more or less worked out. I have never really been that into them as a couple, but they have grown on me this season. 

I am glad that Claire is choosing to give her father another chance, more for her sake then his. It seems like its good for her to have him back in her life, so hopefully this goes alright for her and Claire isnt setting herself up for even more misery. He does seem sincere so I believe that he was sending Claire checks, and presumably her mom was spending them on her own, which sadly does sound in character for Claire's mom. Not that it means much that he was sending checks without ever even giving Claire so much as a phone call, but its something I guess. I am surprised that Claire was so accepting about the fact that her mom was stealing from her for her whole life while Claire worked a million jobs to pay for rent and school, but I guess she has spent years working out her issues with her mom so this isnt any huge shock, plus her mom is dead so its not like she can go ask her about it. 

Glassman and Debbie were both being idiots about the gun thing. Debbie was a trigger happy idiot for being so blasé about pulling her gun and not just guessing right away that it was her husband who isnt home and is coming back late just might be the person who set the alarm off and has just bungled the alarm code, and Glassman was a passive aggressive idiot who took the bullets out of the gun instead of trying to talk to Debbie about how the gun makes him uncomfortable even after their last talk, knowing that in the very slim chance that there was an emergency, that Debbie would have to just start trying to bludgeon a home invader if she thought that she had a loaded gun but actually didnt. Its sad that they might be splitting up, but I am not all that shocked. They have always had so many issues and I think they really jumped intro this marriage too fast. Also, I wish they could just decide if they want Park and Morgan to be a couple or not. Way too much relationship stuff lately. 

• Love 6

I honestly didn't see Glassman's behavior with Debbie as being about gender. I saw it being about guns. 

I don't think Claire's dad's explanation that he sent money makes up for him abandoning her to the sole care of her totally unstable mother. If he couldn't stay with the mom, that's fine. But he could have sued for custody, or visitation, or stayed in Claire's life some other way. The total disappearance is, to me, completely unexplained and viciously callous and criminally negligent. He KNEW the mother wasn't capable. I don't know why Claire thinks she needs him, or that he will actually be there for her now. Didn't he only come back because he's dying of liver cancer? I feel like he's exploiting her for his own comfort so she will take care of him.

Asher apparently regrets coming out to his parents? I guess he thinks a bullshit relationship is better than nothing. So he and Claire are apparently on the same page again.

I can't believe Shaun doesn't get tetanus and septic shock after that tequila and dirt surgery. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Can safely say that I never would have predicted there would be a situation that requires Shaun to declare "Tequila, stat!"

Honestly, I think Shaun had a solid idea somewhere in there about him and Lea going out of their comfort zones and trying something unexpected to take their mind off of things.  But maybe he should have been a little better with planning it out.  Like, if you are going camping, it might not hurt to actually make a reservation instead of just hoping one of the 27 open spots isn't taken, or make sure the weather isn't calling for rain and if it is, make damn sure the tent is secure.  But, hey, it all worked out and they grow closer together thanks to.... Shaun injuring himself falling off a log, and Lea actually having to perform surgery on his ankle in the middle of the freaking woods!  At this point, they really might be the endgame couple, because they've seem to have gone through almost everything!

Show brings back Claire's dad to cause some more drama.  Since I do think he is sincere for the most part, I will take him at his word that he really did send checks to support Claire and it is likely her mom either lost them or used them herself, but even if that was the case, the dad already knew her mom wasn't mentally well (hence why he left), so if he was really serious about making sure Claire was provided and taken care of, wouldn't it have made more sense to create some kind of fund in her name or something?  It just seemed half-hearted on his part.  But Claire is now willing to forgive him, which I guess is good for her sake of mind, but I still think he is getting off easy.  I also noticed that once again, Lim seemed to look annoyed when Asher said Claire didn't have to forgive him, and while I usually love Lim, I really can't see why she seems offended by that (although, she was right about Claire actually having the conversation and not just trying to ignore it or her feelings.)

The stuff with Park and Reznick seems to be drama for drama's sake.  Park has now got it in his head that his feelings for her are effecting his judgement on the job (even though he's always been someone who prefers the "safer" options: for better and worse), so he's going straight for the nuclear option and not even wanting to be friends anymore.  Which is understandably pissing off Reznick, but at the same time, she clearly has feelings for him that are more than just friendship (or "friends with benefits"), but continues to stubbornly not act on it.  I guess it will be this way until some kind of crazy event makes her admit it (hey, it worked out for Shaun and Lea in last season's finale!)

Not surprised Glassman and Debbie have hit a rough patch that has made her leave (for now?)  Again, I'm more on Glassman's side when it comes to whole who gun thing, but doing things like secretly taking the bullets out of the gun is not the way to go.  This really was an issues that needed to be discussed before they tied the knot.  I have no idea if there is any chance for them to work out, since he'll never feel safe with it loaded and around, and she wouldn't feel safe if it wasn't there.

We have two very special episodes to get them together ( Park & Reznick).

• Love 2

A good episode but not one of my favorites to be sure.

First I just could not empathize with the parents of the young girl with the growth.  They had YEARS to have it dealt with.  When they finally did seek help it was an unholy mess and they tried to blame the doctors.  Only at the end did they seem to take responsibility for what happened to their daughter by their cowardice.  Nice touch to have her tell them she loves them regardless of the blunder they made

Ah Claire.  Part of me loves her and the other part hates her hypocritical, one point of view thinking.  I see her Dad as a man who ran away from an intolerable situation.  Yes it was wrong.  I can also see that maybe he did send money to salve his conscience about abandoning Claire to a lying, mentally unstable alcoholic.  The picture the show presented of Claire's mother makes it possible for me to believe she took the support money and shot it up or drank it up.  Claire got a raw deal when it comes to parents.  Her mother died because she could not overcome her addiction, even for her daughter.  All Claire has left is a man who has tried to make amends and who seems to truly want a relationship with her.  IMO, Claire should be cautious but she needs to put away the anger.  Her father cannot, no matter how much he might like to, erase the past.  All he can do is be there for Claire now.

I am totally on Debbie's side of the marriage.  Although I am a fan of Glassman in general, his attitude about Debbie has always rankled.  If you love someone, you should not demeanthem, be ashamed of them or try to control them.  Debbie made Glassman aware long ago that she was armed and intended to remain armed.  At times I just find Glassman hard to take.  His behavior during the self-isolating period was just petulant and juvenile.  Debbie had trouble with his treatment then as well.  Since the actors are married in real life it is nice to see them portray a married couple but one hopes the real deal is miles from what Glassman and Debbie live through.  To be honest, I was holding my breath throughout tonight's episode about Glassman.  There have been rumbles that the character might die and this situation seemed a bit of a setup to that possibility and Debbie's regret that would follow.  Shaun needs Glassman so if that happens, it would mean big things for Shaun going forward.  Hope I am dead wrong(pun intended).

Lea and Shaun are growing so much.  In the pit of hell, Lea is called upon to help Shaun in a way that makes one shudder.  But she did it.  She persevered in the woods much better, even before the crisis, than I expected that she would. I have to admit I am growing to love Shaun's plain speaking regarding medical conditions.  No sugar coating here.  But knowledge is power and that works.

Looking forward to the two part finale but I am also skeered!  I still miss Melendez(and Nick Gonzalez) so much.  I've been a fan of his since the Hispanic drama "Resurrection Blvd".    Miss his friendship with Lim too.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wondered if drinking Tequila would really numb the pain and it turns out, it probably would. 
https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/drinking-makes-you-feel-less-pain-proven-fact-or-old-wives-tale

Claire could see if her dad still has any proof of the money he sent. I’ve represented many people in child support cases over the years.  Very often, the payee claims they rarely get anything and the Payor often claims they pay plenty, but the money is not used for the benefit of the children.  So, we just get proof.  Direct deposit is recommended.  

I hope Claire is not dealt another horrible blow. If so, I may walk. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

So, I missed a couple episodes....what the hell happened to this show? It used to have some pretty decent cases and good interaction among the characters and a little relationship drama laced in with it-this episode was just a total soap opera. Were there any medical cases....other than Lea doing surgery? Even the 'shroom guy was really just a chance for Resnick (still CTB "lite" to me) and Park to work on their issues. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I find it hard to believe that Claire's father sent enough money to pay for rent, food and college but never once wanted to see her in person to see how she was doing or to attend her college graduation when he paid for it, or even check that her mother who he himself couldn't live with was treating her well. He also must have been earning 250K or more to be able to afford that. Nice try, writers.

I paid extra attention to this scene because I was wondering if Claire’s dad paid for her college and medical school too. He actually said, “I sent money every month until you finished college. It was more than enough to cover rent, food, and clothes.” So I don’t think he was claiming to pay her college, but it was likely enough to help her with the other expenses. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Worst camping trip ever. 

18 hours ago, wonderwoman said:

It seems hard to believe that Claire grew up poor and paying the bills but never noticed that her mother had any extra money.  Even if she blew it all at the casino, you'd think she'd have some winnings once in a while.  It was good to see "nice" Clair rip the little girl's parents about their medical choices.

That marriage did not last long.  I was going to say "Dr. Glassman, quit being a dick, problem solved", but apparently it was too late.  He was in the wrong clearly, but she did point a gun at him, so I didn't think she gave that the proper weight.  If she's a responsible gun owner, she should know you never point a gun at someone unless you're willing to fire it, loaded or not.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, possibilities said:

I don't think Claire's dad's explanation that he sent money makes up for him abandoning her to the sole care of her totally unstable mother. If he couldn't stay with the mom, that's fine. But he could have sued for custody, or visitation, or stayed in Claire's life some other way. The total disappearance is, to me, completely unexplained and viciously callous and criminally negligent. He KNEW the mother wasn't capable. I don't know why Claire thinks she needs him, or that he will actually be there for her now. Didn't he only come back because he's dying of liver cancer? I feel like he's exploiting her for his own comfort so she will take care of him.

I don't think her father sending money makes up for him abandoning her, and I agree she should be cautious about trusting him.  But I don't think that means she can't forgive him, and if she enjoys spending time with him, then there is no reason not to do that.

I forget, did his cancer get better or is he still dying? And did Claire find out she has the gene that causes it?

• Love 3

It was sad to see Glassman and his wife split, especially when just a few episodes ago he was calling just so he could hear her voice.  While I was never a Debbie fan and do like Glassman, I always felt he treated her as if she was “less than”, so I ‘m not surprised by this.

For the life of me, I do not understand why they took Morgan off of the surgical team.  She is always there weighing in on things, and I don’t think that is how things work for Internal Medicine or ER residents (or whatever she is these days). 

• Love 3

1. I was expecting Shaun to have to operate on someone at the campsite - so, decent spin on it having Lea operate on him.
2. You think Glassman would've come up with a compromise on the gun by now - like leaving it unloaded in the nightstand with the ammo next to it.
3. Those parents were morons for not getting that gigantic AVM (or whatever) operated on years ago, holy crap
4. I wonder why Reznick didn't bring up Ketamine with mushroom man? Ketamine got approved a year or two ago for treating depression, and I have heard great things about it.
5. I was so expecting Claire's dad to just die in the middle of Claire yelling at him, because that is how much the writers love Claire. Then she wouldn't have been able to apologize, because Claire cannot have nice things.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

How does a responsible and trained gun owner not know the difference between loaded and not loaded just by the weight when you pick it up? 

I’ll second that and also ask, why wouldn’t a responsible gun owner check to make sure it was loaded?  And why would one creep downstairs with an ostensibly loaded gun TOWARDS the threat?  I’d have retreated, with my firearm, extra ammo and a cell phone, into the nearest closet and dialed 911.  But that’s just me.

I grew up with a loaded shotgun propped behind the front door of the house, so it doesn’t squick me to have a loaded firearm in the house.  I actually prefer it.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hi all! I haven’t watched this show since they killed off Melendez. I’m only back because I saw Morgan and Park were banging. Yes, I am shallow and my attraction to Will Yun Lee is the only thing keeping me here. That and I am an absolute sucker for “emotionally unavailable character slowly develops feelings for soft, vulnerable love interest” storylines. Park is such a good guy and I’m glad that he didn’t allow her to bully him into being ashamed of being emotionally available or buying into her bullshit toxic masculinity pitch. Watching him bring out a softness and her is really nice, although she’s of course characteristically still a prickly asshole. I’m guessing she will finally drop that routine in the finale next week, at least long enough to convince Park to be with her. 

I am relieved to see they’ve finally dropped the ableism and Manic Pixie Dream Girl charade with Shaun and Lea. It’s nice to see them being a normal couple, even if they’re a little boring. I’m still not sure if killing off Melendez just to designate Shaun as the leading man apparent was necessary, but moving on. With this show, now that Lea has successfully performed impromptu ankle surgery, i’m sure she will be the head nurse by next season premiere. Or lead cardiac surgeon. 

I don’t know why Glassman’s marriage has warranted an ongoing subplot. Watching poor Claire (continue to) play misery porn roulette is a real downer. 

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, bros402 said:

I wonder why Reznick didn't bring up Ketamine with mushroom man? Ketamine got approved a year or two ago for treating depression, and I have heard great things about it.

I hope it's because she should not be the one treating him for depression. She did say that he should keep trying antidepressant drugs.

When he came in, the man said that he had tried anti-depressant drugs and they didn't work. He has all my sympathy, they never worked for me either. In fact individual antidepressants don't work for 30 - 50% of people although if they try a different one or two or three, they may work. For some people like this man, none work.

This case hit home for me because of the times my doctors pushed antidepressants on me and they didn't work except to cause side effects. If anyone asks me, in public I say "yes, keep trying antidepressants, no one should have to live depressed."   But in private I think no one should have to keep trying if they don't work because their doctor doesn't know what else to do. If LSD is what finally works for this guy, he should have the chance to use it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Fable said:

For the life of me, I do not understand why they took Morgan off of the surgical team.  She is always there weighing in on things, and I don’t think that is how things work for Internal Medicine or ER residents (or whatever she is these days). 

She has a progressive disease which causes tremors in her hands. She tried to hide it and even self-medicated, but she finally had to fess up. I believe they’re allowing her to remain involved because surgery is what she’s focused on, what she studied and excelled at, and I think they used the excuse that every surgical team needs a GP or internist anyway, so she might as well serve in that capacity. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, bros402 said:

1. I was expecting Shaun to have to operate on someone at the campsite - so, decent spin on it having Lea operate on him.
2. You think Glassman would've come up with a compromise on the gun by now - like leaving it unloaded in the nightstand with the ammo next to it.

1.  This storyline reminded me of Father Mulcahy on MASH having to do a tracheostomy on a patient while receiving instructions over a walkie talkie.  I haven't watched many medical shows though, so I'm guessing this is a plot device that has been used several times.

2.  He could have suggested it, but the point was that it was her gun and she wanted it loaded.  They didn't have any kids, there really wasn't a good reason not to have it loaded in the nightstand.

I get tired of watching Morgan's sad faces after Park says something she doesn't like and leaves.  She's the one who has such a phobia to commitment, and drove him away.  Claire gets all these backstories about her past in the plots, but Morgan is about 10x the mess Claire is.  Have they explained why?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Daff said:

She has a progressive disease which causes tremors in her hands. She tried to hide it and even self-medicated, but she finally had to fess up. I believe they’re allowing her to remain involved because surgery is what she’s focused on, what she studied and excelled at, and I think they used the excuse that every surgical team needs a GP or internist anyway, so she might as well serve in that capacity. 

I understand her hand condition is the reason behind her being off the team.  I guess what I was driving at is that I thought it was an odd writing choice.  I like the actor, and I don’t mind the character, so no big deal, just an observation.  

• Love 2

It's like they thought "Hey, let's give Morgan a disease that ends up booting her off the surgical team" and didn't think it through because now that they've done it, they don't know what to do with her. She shouldn't be as involved in the surgical cases as she is.

I wonder if they were planning to drop Morgan at the end of last season after she ruined her hands for surgery and then decided that Melendez dying was enough and they didn't need to lose another character.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I recall my intense criticism of how the show romanticized the insistent and unrelenting behavior of Glassman, when he was stalking, I mean courting Debbie. She rebuffed him, but eventually was won over as she became convinced that it was due to true devotion.  The trouble is that if you ignore annoying behavior, it’ll usually continue and bother you in ways you didn’t expect.  He has poor boundary expe citations, imo.  I get his opinion on the gun, but he that was just one thing.  He was also annoyed by the alarm.  He’s a difficult, bossy person, imo.  He’s good with Shaun, though.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's like they thought "Hey, let's give Morgan a disease that ends up booting her off the surgical team" and didn't think it through because now that they've done it, they don't know what to do with her. She shouldn't be as involved in the surgical cases as she is.

I wonder if they were planning to drop Morgan at the end of last season after she ruined her hands for surgery and then decided that Melendez dying was enough and they didn't need to lose another character.

I agree. They probably thought they came up with this dramatic storyline for Morgan about having the illness and dealing with giving up her dream. But then they were stuck without a storyline for her.

And while Morgan is kind of a crappy person, she is a good antagonist to be on the team. 

• Love 2

There's definitely data on treating depression with psilocybin, and some patients who don't respond to other antidepressants do respond.

However, NO ONE injects it. It's administered orally. I can't imagine where someone would think it's a good idea to inject home-extracted semi-purified psilocybin from mushrooms he'd cultured, rather than putting a drop of the extract in his mouth. Or, you know, just eating the mushroom.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Daff said:

I thought it was that Morgan has reallly bad arthritis, then she did emergency surgery during the earthquake last season while she was recovering from a surgery to make it so she could discontinue the meds - and doing that surgery saved the patient, but ended her surgery career?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/26/2021 at 11:42 PM, KaveDweller said:

I agree. They probably thought they came up with this dramatic storyline for Morgan about having the illness and dealing with giving up her dream. But then they were stuck without a storyline for her.

I originally thought they were going to write her off the show.  Or if not that, have Shaun think up some kind of miracle cure for her.  Honestly, I'm still half expecting a miracle cure that will return her to the surgical team.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 2
On 5/24/2021 at 10:26 PM, possibilities said:

I don't think Claire's dad's explanation that he sent money makes up for him abandoning her to the sole care of her totally unstable mother. If he couldn't stay with the mom, that's fine. But he could have sued for custody, or visitation, or stayed in Claire's life some other way. The total disappearance is, to me, completely unexplained and viciously callous and criminally negligent. He KNEW the mother wasn't capable.

Yes, he sent that money to buy his own peace of mind, not to support Claire. He hasn't apologized sufficiently to deserve forgiveness yet, in my opinion.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:17 PM, tennisgurl said:

Glassman and Debbie were both being idiots about the gun thing...Glassman was a passive aggressive idiot who took the bullets out of the gun instead of trying to talk to Debbie about how the gun makes him uncomfortable even after their last talk, knowing that in the very slim chance that there was an emergency, that Debbie would have to just start trying to bludgeon a home invader if she thought that she had a loaded gun but actually didn't.

For all the arguments Glassman threw out, he never once acknowledged the position he would have put her in had there actually been an intruder and she acted as if she was armed but wasn't. I am with him on being uncomfortable with her having the gun, but the way he undermined her choice behind her back was infuriating and unjustifiable. How would he have felt if she'd been killed during a break-in?

• Love 6