Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: Atlanta Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

You mean there are two parts to this shit? ☹️

Seriously! This is taking dragging this shit show out to a whole other level! What do you want to bet it has to be two parts because Chris hijacks the whole show once again and they let him???? Enough already!!!!

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

My TV guide is saying this is three hours long!? Probably won’t make it that long if that’s the case. Really dragging this shit season out! 

I think the first part of the reunion is from 8-10pm Eastern and then that Unmatchables show is from 10-11pm. My DVR frequently combines the shows so yeah.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

They are mashing MAFS with the Untouchables or whatever those unfortunate singlets are named so it is a 3 hour blockage like that 300 pound of fatberg stopping up NYC’s sewer system.

Increase eyeballs will inadvertently see the ‘Un’ show and they get a hostile captive audience to boost their viewer numbers.

There is an one hour version without  the poor pitiable undateable souls after 2 repeats of the 3 hour blocks 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

So Ryan still hasn’t said the L-word to Clara yet, but they are doing a vow renewal ceremony. Sound like they aren’t going to answer the sex question either. I just don’t understand these two. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Ryan is a pain in the arse. 

Just now, Straycat80 said:

So Ryan still hasn’t said the L-word to Clara yet, but they are doing a vow renewal ceremony. Sound like they aren’t going to answer the sex question either. I just don’t understand these two. 

So far there's been no reason for this show! Neither couple shown has changed since Decision Day. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Ryan is a pain in the arse. 

So far there's been no reason for this show! Neither couple shown has changed since Decision Day. 

Well now he ‘thinks’ he loves her, oh wait, he does now. Is this the first time he’s telling her this. Sounds like it. They’ve been married six months. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Well now he ‘thinks’ he loves her, oh wait, he does now. Is this the first time he’s telling her this. Sounds like it. They’ve been married six months. 

He probably felt compelled to say it because of the setting. They just might be another Karen and Miles situation where we don't know the nuance of the relationship 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Love 10
(edited)

And when pressed, Ryan just murmured, "Mm-hmm." And then "I love my wife." Not a direct, into her eyes, "I love you."  Real Romeo ya got there, Clara! 

Vincent is more Pillsbury Doughboy than ever. 

EDIT: I got it wrong. Ryan does look at Clara directly and says, "I love you." Had to re-watch! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

With the wives, Paige has this haughty expression on her face like "Don't mess with me," like she's no naif. I find it off-putting. 

Kevin is not buying what Chris is selling.

Neither Chris nor Paige grasps what they are literally being paid to do here. They are both unco-operative, refusing to answer or discuss certain questions or topics. They both seriously bug.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 7

Ryan’s mustache, haircut and little hat. He looks like a dork. 🤠

I think Clara’s been feeling desperate to find a long term partner, and I also feel religion 🙏 will be a problem. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

It appears to me that Erik, Clara and Briana are compromising the most in their marriages.  It's been said that "In a relationship, the person who cares less, has the most power."

I thought Paige was being defiant.  I can't believe that after Decision day, she actually agreed to go counseling with Chris.  She is a glutton for punishment.  She would have us believe that she had an actual say in whether they stayed together, when everyone knows it was Chris' decision.  I would bet good money that she is still getting those "u up?" calls at 1 AM.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
(edited)
On 5/19/2021 at 7:29 PM, CSunshine76 said:

What is the weird white dot on the end of Erik’s nose? It’s so distracting!! 

Did he rub the makeup off? Is he a cartoon character? I cannot figure it out! 

It is an LED light, useful for a pilot...think Rudolph the Red nose reindeer.

His nose is a Pilot Light....har har

His bad nose job is hard to look past...looks like his schnauze was lopped off at the tip with blunt shears.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

His bad nose job is hard to look past...looks like his schnauze was lopped off at the tip with blunt shears.

Funny you mention Rudolph, because I told my friend his nose reminded me of claymation, and that’s exactly what came to mind!

BC27CCE3-A77A-4B4A-B3B5-745749238E09.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I feel like Erik and Virginia came into the reunion show both totally rehearsed. Every answer was so generic and vanilla. They either glossed over or completely dismissed every unresolved issue that came up during the season, as if they’d both suddenly matured overnight. For example, Virginia claiming her drinking was never an issue and never would be an issue is ridiculous...did she forget that we saw it all on the show, including the arguments during the boozy nights, the arguments about the boozy nights, the hung over mornings, etc.??? Even Dr P expressed concern about her drinking and it’s impact on their relationship.

So I guess my two take aways from these two are (1) that they are still sweeping the big stuff under the rug (the drinking, kids, politics) and (2) that their main focus at the reunion was to put on a show to appear as a mature, happy and well-balanced couple (I recall during the season that Erik complained at least once that Virginia embarrassed them on camera so it doesn’t surprise me at all that they would be focused on their image at the reunion).  

I found their portion of the show to be an absolute bore.

As an aside, I have yet to see anything particularly fabulous about Virginia (is it possible she just got a really really bad edit?)  so Erik’s devotion to her continues to confound me.

• Like 1
  • Love 17

I think Ryan’s apology to his mom after admitting on camera that he wasn’t a virgin is verrry telling about why they refused to discuss sex with Kevin and why all he said on camera the entire season was “for sure”. His parents are ministers and he didn’t want to embarrass them on t.v. I think they are fine. His m.o. was basically “hey, Lifetime, thanks for the wife. You can go now.” 😂

And also, Oh shit - Haley actually went there. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Erik and Virginia—no sale. Mommy brought on to confirm them (for the first time evah) is a nod to Couples Cam. 

Didn’t see Haley and Jake, but I only watched the last hour. Fine by me.

I’m convinced that Clara and Ryan are fine. She looked very happy and she’s no actress. He hates the cameras, the producers, the PAs or all of the above.  But he’s not mean to her, he loves her for sure and she’s thrilled. Game over.

Fuck off, Chris. You too, Paige. Kevin, the hell?

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Erik and Virginia—no sale. Mommy brought on to confirm them (for the first time evah) is a nod to Couples Cam. 

Didn’t see Haley and Jake, but I only watched the last hour. Fine by me.

I’m convinced that Clara and Ryan are fine. She looked very happy and she’s no actress. He hates the cameras, the producers, the PAs or all of the above.  But he’s not mean to her, he loves her for sure and she’s thrilled. Game over.

Fuck off, Chris. You too, Paige. Kevin, the hell?

I thiiink Haley/Jake are gonna be on next week with the rest of Chris/Paige's "storyline".

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Why am I not surprised that Hailey couldn’t even be gracious toward Jake during the reunion show. Kevin even opened his question to her with “help a guy out”...but nope. Her competitive, must win at all costs attitude got the better of her yet again and she essentially threw Jake under the bus. Again. Complete with that demonic dr evil laugh. 

What guy is going to want to date that girl after this season?

• Love 20
3 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Chris is a psychopath.

And he has no respect for God when he disrespects one of God’s servants so severely. A God-fearing man would never cuss out and threaten a pastor with violence. He probably doesn’t even believe in God cause he sure never acts like it; it’s just part of his schtick.

Chris is all a front. One big lie. A conman.

Our only hope is that this teaches a lesson to whomever selects these couples (cause we know it sure ain’t experts or anyone who tried to match good partners). Their desire to create drama such as the shitstorm that is Chris, will one day get someone killed and it seriously fucks up the lives of people they do this to. Assholes.

Chris is what I consider a "fake Christian". He does it for show. He does it because he was raised with it and it's almost a superstition to him. He doesn't act remotely Christian. He's the antithesis of what a Christian man should truly act like. He lacks humility, compassion, kindness, and morality in general. Also, why are so many "Christians" having premarital sex??? These are the same people who would condemn gays to hell for being sexually immoral yet the bible says the same thing about ANY sex outside of marriage! ANY sex! Not just gay sex! If you aren't married and you are having sex you are indulging in sin. It's that simple.

“Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous” (Hebrews 13:4, ESV).

Jesus says, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?” (Matthew 19:4-5, ESV; quoting from Genesis 1:27 and Genesis 2:24).

That said...I'm not a Christian here espousing my views. I was raised in the Church and saw the light of hypocrisy and judgment and am now an Atheist. But, if you want to be a so-called Christian, at least follow the word of God and don't be a total fake one like Chris.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I would rarely say this about a man with a nose job but I think his new nose is better then the old one. It DOES look sort of Pinnochio-like but it's better then what he had before imho. That's just my opinion though! :)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Denying the reality of what we've all seen happen on camera? Hmmmm. Seems to be catching on in some quarters.....

You know, if Haley came right out and bluntly stated, "Jake and I had sex and it was terrible," I would ask her for her definition of "good" sex. Because she doesn't strike me as a dame who turns into a sexy vixen between the sheets. Jake, of course, will remain a mum gentleman.

Dammit.

Haley's epitaph will be, "I tried."

• Love 15

Something so like-able about Ryan. His parents must be kind and loving, nurturing Pastors.  A lot of fire and brimstone or just cold religious people could never have produced a Ryan. They might produce a Clara but not a Ryan.   I loved the interview.  It was Kelvin’s best by far.  They seemed most ready to move on.  

Last, I still DESPISE Haley.  No way was she ready for a sight-unseen groom.  And she’s grtting her face into the camera with that stupid little hat thinking she’s so cute and fun.  She’s a Karen.  Ice queen.  If anybody marries her, she’ll be a great PTA president and GS cookie coordinator.  But there won’t be much warmth under her roof. 

54 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Denying the reality of what we've all seen happen on camera? Hmmmm. Seems to be catching on in some quarters.....

You know, if Haley came right out and bluntly stated, "Jake and I had sex and it was terrible," I would ask her for her definition of "good" sex. Because she doesn't strike me as a dame who turns into a sexy vixen between the sheets. Jake, of course, will remain a mum gentleman.

Dammit.

Haley's epitaph will be, "I tried."

Haley lied. She said dhe thought expected. Anybody who’s seem MAFS knows sex can wait.  A martyr complex. Wonder if she returned the unappreciated jewelry?   

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Myrtle Urkele said:

He probably felt compelled to say it because of the setting. They just might be another Karen and Miles situation where we don't know the nuance of the relationship 🤷🏾‍♀️

Nah, I think it’s called producer shenanigans!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Lol pastor Dwight and Chris have matching suits!  I had to take a second look!

Pretty sure I had those brooches from the Limited circa 1985.

I thought Virginia looked the best I'd ever seen her. I love a fringed, flapper inspired dress. I wish she would pull all her hair away from her face instead of letting some chunks stay loose, but her hair was healthy and shiny and her makeup was better than usual. Way to pull it together.

Why, when Chris stalks off, do people feel compelled to go after him? That's why he does it. Let him go! He's just a toddler throwing a tantrum. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

They need to stop going after these super religious people. Sorry if that sounds messed up but I'm tired of it.

Either you get people who resist being candid on a candid reality show at all turns like Ryan or you get people who hide behind religion to prop themselves up and get on the show like Chris. 

Obviously, being religious doesn't have to mean you get these two types of people but the chances are high that you will. Being religious and being the child of pastors or calling yourself God fearing or dropping lines from the Bible at every turn are not a good fit for this show as a entertainment program.

While they are at it, stop booking independent types that are clearly checking off boxes and not looking for a partnership.

I got through this whole two hours in fifteen minutes and I'm not joking.

• Love 10

I thought Haley downright hateful throwing Jake under the bus like she did!  What decent woman destroys a man like she did on national tv!  

Shame on her.  She'll always be nothing but a bridesmaid!

• Love 22