Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: Atlanta Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Other cast members have things to shill...

Clara's Non Smear Lip Stick

Red light district

No Shame Fluorescent Orange

Taste the Flavors of the Rainbow...multi garish colors mashup, what comes out of the tube is a mystery

Jake's Jorts

Dress your inner Okay, Boomer

Ryan's and Vincent's Fun House Mirrors

The Sure Sure...distorts the user's perception of his hair, mustache, and choice of hats

The RolyPoly...user

Oh, Humble......this is epic.  I don't know how long it took you to do this, but it's an instant classic.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Red light district

Taste the Flavors of the Rainbow...multi garish colors mashup, what comes out of the tube is a mystery

Jake's Jorts

The Sure Sure...distorts the user's perception of his hair, mustache, and choice of hats

The RolyPoly...user appears slimmer, chins gone

Brianna's Mouthguards...

Protect your mouth while holding your tongue

Haley's Bridal Wear Retreads

1 wedding dress

14 bridesmaid's dresses (3 new dress TBD)

assorted color shoes, costume jewelry accessories all used once

Erik's Locator Tags

Keep track of your loved one as they bar hop and couch surf

Virginia's Skank Stank Away

Go from Blackout drunk crashing on a friend's couch to work Fresh as a Daisy (clothing included option coming out in Fall 2021)

Whore's Bath Eau de Toilette the Ocean-splash here, splash there, Up here, down there....

Toothbrush and whitening polish

Eye drops to clear the scleras

Dry shampoo...brush out the smoke from the bar, the old beer smell and sweaty BO from strangers

Single use Makeup remover packet

Hairbrush

Single use concealer

Single use liquid foundation

Single use blush

panties

Soap gel to wash feet

Pink Pot O'Gloss

I'm dead.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Red light district

Jake's Jorts

The RolyPoly...user appears slimmer, chins gone

Brianna's Mouthguards...

Protect your mouth while holding your tongue

Haley's Bridal Wear Retreads

1 wedding dress

14 bridesmaid's dresses (3 new dress TBD)

assorted color shoes, costume jewelry accessories all used once

Erik's Locator Tags

Keep track of your loved one as they bar hop and couch surf

Virginia's Skank Stank Away

Go from Blackout drunk crashing on a friend's couch to work Fresh as a Daisy (clothing included option coming out in Fall 2021)

Whore's Bath Eau de Toilette the Ocean-splash here, splash there, Up here, down there....

Toothbrush and whitening polish

Eye drops to clear the scleras

Dry shampoo...brush out the smoke from the bar, the old beer smell and sweaty BO from strangers

Single use Makeup remover packet

Hairbrush

Single use concealer

Single use liquid foundation

Single use blush

panties

Soap gel to wash feet

Pink Pot O'Gloss

Absolutely incredible! "Whore's Bath Eau De Toilette" and Vinny's "Roly-poly Funhouse Mirrors" and the list goes on! 🤣Nonstop laughs through and through with such witty jabs! I love the ones about Clara too- I think that she looks like a sweaty Mary Kay rep. 

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

So the good pastor just went on the show to make a few bucks.  Yeah...good luck with that. 🙄

Plus, Steve Harvey's already written a similar book.

I hope you're right. Dwight's target audience might be a decade younger than Steve's. Plus, some subset of folks who are into relationship books often read a bunch of them.

This reunion episode was inauthentic and disappointing. But, I get it. Some of these people's coworkers and neighbors probably watch this show. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

This reunion episode was inauthentic and disappointing.

I think it's probably gotten more phony because they are now being employed by lifetime for Couples Cam, or even if they are not, they don't want to piss off their new IG followers.....

• Love 5
(edited)

Part 2 is starting and here we go again with asshole Chris. Any woman who gets involved with him from now on is crazy. And Paige just climbed in his car. You can't help someone who won't help themselves. I used to feel sorry for her, but now I think she's delusional.  Here goes the paige Chris  Circus.... Again!

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, antfitz said:

Part 2 is starting and here we go again with asshole Chris. Any woman who gets involved with him from now on is crazy. And Paige just climbed in his car. You can't help someone who won't help themselves. I used to feel sorry for her, but now I think she's delusional.  Here goes the paige Chris  Circus.... Again!

Sorry, not circus....shit show!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2021 at 1:55 PM, Ilovepie said:

I understand and agree with this, but I guess I don't see Ryan as repressed so much as protecting his privacy. I also understand not wanting to embarrass his parents on national t.v. I am a Christian, and although I am not as conservative as my parents, I would not want to do something that would embarrass them if I was doing something like this because I still love and respect them. I think that's where he was coming from when he jokingly apologized to his mom.

I understand wanting to protect privacy but I sense there's more to it than that. He acted too weird about the whole thing for it to be just about not wanting to embarrass his parents.  Plus, if a guy's parents are so easily embarrassed at the idea of their son not being a virgin at his age, to the point that he is acting that strange and apologetic about it, that speaks volumes to me about potentially repressed sexual attitudes being passed down to him.  I've seen this a lot in certain Christian families.  His behavior and apology might also be based on values his parents have that expect adults to remain virginal until marriage, which is not the norm by any means with Christians these days, but may be in his parent's world.  Christianity runs the gamut on these subjects these days and that would be a very severe attitude about sexuality in this day and age.

I've noticed that this show has spent many seasons down South and from my Northern perspective a lot of the attitudes on certain subjects that the Christians on this show have or are affected by are to my mind extremely outdated and repressive.  I think a lot of the charade and head scratching moments between Chris and Paige can be explained through that lens too.

• Love 3
On 5/20/2021 at 7:41 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

I disagree Stephanie from season 8 was successful with her match due more to her effort than him being Prince Charming. She is closer to Jake's age than Haley. She would have taken the time to know Jake and make him feel at ease. Haley stated looking for the off ramp on her wedding night.

With all due respect, you can't possibly know if she would have done that or not, and what did or did not appeal to her about AJ.  There's also a huge difference, to me, between Jake and AJ in looks, personality, and desirability, with AJ coming out ahead.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I understand wanting to protect privacy but I sense there's more to it than that. He acted too weird about the whole thing for it to be just about not wanting to embarrass his parents.  Plus, if a guy's parents are so easily embarrassed at the idea of their son not being a virgin at his age, to the point that he is acting that strange and apologetic about it, that speaks volumes to me about potentially repressed sexual attitudes being passed down to him.  I've seen this a lot in certain Christian families.  His behavior and apology might also be based on values his parents have that expect adults to remain virginal until marriage, which is not the norm by any means with Christians these days, but may be in his parent's world.  Christianity runs the gamut on these subjects these days and that would be a very severe attitude about sexuality in this day and age.

I've noticed that this show has spent many seasons down South and from my Northern perspective a lot of the attitudes on certain subjects that the Christians on this show have or are affected by are to my mind extremely outdated and repressive.  I think a lot of the charade and head scratching moments between Chris and Paige can be explained through that lens too.

I grew up in the South and I totally agree about some of the Christians in the area being repressive. I went to a Southern Baptist private school where girls were not allowed to wear slacks or pants of any sort. (not making that up).

I also went to a large university in the state of Georgia and graduated in the early aughts. I was in higher-level English classes just a couple of months before my graduation and these classes were often filled with females. In my class of 30 females, I was the only one without an engagement ring on my finger. I was not ready to be married and I was going to graduate school in another state. The other girls in the class felt sorry for me and told me not to give up "because it would happen for me one day". I was all of 20 years old.

53 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

With all due respect, you can't possibly know if she would have done that or not, and what did or did not appeal to her about AJ.  There's also a huge difference, to me, between Jake and AJ in looks, personality, and desirability, with AJ coming out ahead.

I hate to say this but AJ has a certain charm and charisma about him, particularly outside of the boundaries of the show.

Jake and Hailey were one of the most terrible matches in the show's history and brought out the worst in each other.

For the record, I think both of them are nice people in their own right but they both continued the behaviors and trends that made them unsuccessful in finding a match before they were picked to be on this show.

Jake has (by his own admission) has a long history of being rejected by women and often used as the side dick and not the main boyfriend. This has given him a bit of a defeatist attitude.

However, Hailey has a tendency to run and that is what she did. I do not think anything would make her like Jake once she put him in the "no" category. 

I do think it was cruel of the experts to pair a woman who "runs" with a man who is still hurting from multiple rejections.

So, I put the blame for the failure of this relationship squarely on them. If the show thought that this type of pairing would bring them drama, they must have been sorely disappointed, since Haley and Jake were boring as dishwater together.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Jake has (by his own admission) has a long history of being rejected by women and often used as the side dick and not the main boyfriend. This has given him a bit of a defeatist attitude.

I guess he was trying to save face with Kevin because at one point he seemed to suggest that women liked him (or maybe it was his humor?).  I wish I could find that clip because I just rolled my eyes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2