Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: Atlanta Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I do not like Haley, Jake I am.

I do like steak, eggs and ham.

I would eat them in my beach backyard house.

I would eat them because you bought me a blouse.

I would eat them on vacay.

I can eat them all...m'kay?

(apologies to Dr. Seuss)

You really have a gift for comedic poetry! 🤣

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Erik was visibly shaking his head when V. was saying she didn't have a drinking problem. Talk about a tell!

As a retired teacher of British Lit, I am thrilled to be quoted by Alexander Pope! 😁

• Love 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

All season, Haley declined to confirm that Jake was bad in bed, and people said she should just come out and admit it. As I suspected, when she finally does — upon being asked directly, not just bringing it up for fun — she confirms, doesn’t go into gory detail, but is still excoriated. This is BEC at critical mass. 

I don’t think Haley needs to define “good sex” to anyone. Don’t adults understand that it’s different for everyone? Isn’t that a constant topic of discussion in movies, TV, podcasts, bars, and everywhere else? Maybe Jake is a fantastic sex person. (It’s hard to imagine, but let’s pretend.) He could be the best sex person in America, but if he does things that don’t work for Haley, then it’s bad sex. She’s allowed to feel that way, even if she’s “competitive” or a “liar” (still have no proof she lied but OK) or whatever else is supposed to explain the deep character flaws that made her unable to connect with the precious, innocent Nice Guy™️ who smirked at her every time she talked. 

Haley never needed to tell anyone about her sex with Jake. The issue is that we spent a whole season with that elephant in the room that she refused to address to HIM. He asked why things changed after sex dozens of times as she never spoke up. And her never saying anything at all led to a while bunch of conclusions and accusations at Jake. It didn't need to be that way.

Also, she said she tried everything and physical was her last resort for connection. That was on the damn honeymoon. Why did she waste everyone's time for weeks?

Jake should have figured this out weeks ago from context clues but as an adult,  Haley should have used her words. 

I hope yall aren't out here buying that Erik/Virginia drama was pure production manipulation? They can miss me with this PR clean up they are trying to do.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought Haley downright hateful throwing Jake under the bus like she did!  What decent woman destroys a man like she did on national tv!  

Shame on her.  She'll always be nothing but a bridesmaid!

I watched the recorded episode late last night and was falling asleep, so I turned it off. Tonight I zipped through Virginia/Erik and Clara/Ryan, which I had seen. I picked up at Brianna/Vincent.  Did I fast forward too far? I never saw Haley and Jake's segment. Rather, I had to sit through the ridiculousness that is Chris. Why reward him with any air time at all? He lives for the drama. Ugh!

So, can someone fill me in on the deets about Haley and Jake?

14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

That Jake WAS bad in bed!  In so many words that made it seem she was done because of his lack of...fill in the blanks.  She said it then smiled so big like the cat that ate the canary!

OMG. What a bitch!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I watched the recorded episode late last night and was falling asleep, so I turned it off. Tonight I zipped through Virginia/Erik and Clara/Ryan, which I had seen. I picked up at Brianna/Vincent.  Did I fast forward too far? I never saw Haley and Jake's segment. Rather, I had to sit through the ridiculousness that is Chris. Why reward him with any air time at all? He lives for the drama. Ugh!

So, can someone fill me in on the deets about Haley and Jake?

OMG. What a bitch!

It was during the ladies segment.  Jake hasn’t been brought out to speak on anything yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 10:57 AM, Retired at last said:

My first thought was that Virginia was wearing a costume from a tap recital (I have one!), but looked cute. While I do believe a LOT of what we see is definitely scripted and edited, I still think there are the same issues they have always had. Virginia even said they were still learning to communicate and Erik just acts like there were never any problems. I know they are still together, and Erik's mom says she's happy, but there was no smile or look of joy on her face at all. I am sure Virginia is enjoying her nights when Erik is working. I don't believe her when she said she doesn't party that much. While a lot of that was producer shenanigans, it was based in reality. Otherwise, they were totally boring.

As were Brianna and Vincent. I didn't like her new hair cut, but she is really sweet and they seem very happy, and both are making compromises. I hope they stay happy, and I believe they will.

Clara and Ryan are in love and having sex and that is all she wanted. Go forth and stay together.

I am looking forward to seeing the Jake/Haley clip next week. I HOPE he gives it back to her and that smug grin comes off her face and I hope that Kevin Frazier won't buy any of her phony tears and, "I tried my hardest" crap. 

I agree with those who said that Lifetime should not have given Chris and/or Paige any screen time, but I know people are tuning in to see them. I will tune out if they are back next week. WTH was she wearing? She was using one hand to keep the top up and the girls in and the other hand to keep that slit that went all the way up closed. She looked horrible! She is obviously very proud of her body, but I wish she could find something that would flatter it. And I agree that ANY time he will call her, she will be welcoming. I don't know if he and Mercedes are still together, but that wouldn't matter to Paige. And I had to laugh at those HORRIBLE matching suits that Chris and the other Pastor were wearing. It's bad enough they found 1, but 2????? And, while it was EXACTLY what was scripted to happen, I didn't like how Kevin just kept telling Chris to stop and just sat there. He didn't make any move to stop the filming or even ask the other pastor to stop. In that way, they didn't even try to make it look like it was real. Chris (and Paige) played their assigned parts as they have been doing. I don't know if Paige realizes that she is just as disliked as Chris is - no easy feat. 

I usually enjoy the Reunion shows, but this one was just incredibly boring. Maybe because the season seemed so long and dragged out so there was nothing new? Maybe because these really have been basically boring couples so there was no big drama to reveal? There just was no energy at all and I missed it. And to have the Reunion be in two parts is also pushing it. We get it - the women are all sisters and that was the best thing to come out of the show. LOL - I wonder if Haley will be a bridesmaid at the renewal ceremonies?

I wouldn't necessarily say Paige is "as disliked as Chris is".  Not even "Zatch" rose to that level.

To me, Paige is annoyingly and  frustratingly predictable.  I can just about forecast every single one of her responses/reactions to anything Chris says or does.  It has to go beyond her man/woman/marriage biblical beliefs.  Something (we're not privy to) must have happened in her past that has turned her into such a gullible doormat.  Her self-esteem is at ocean depths.

Edited by Sycophant4Lease
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

He doesn't strike me as easygoing at all. In fact, I think he's actually pretty uptight and rigid. Not a bad quality in a pilot but not necessarily something I'd want to live with 24/7.

Ya know, Haley - you may have found sex with Jake to be not to  your liking but that doesn't mean that he is "bad in bed." Maybe you didn't really push his buttons either?

I think Paige is pretty but I often don't think that her clothes flatter her. That dress did not fit her at all and I don't know that tailoring would have helped. That type of satin stretches easily so it could have fit like a glove at some point and then gotten out of shape and droopy by the end of the evening. I wish she would have an appointment with a stylist.

Here's a thought.  Has ANYONE even considered the possibility that HALEY just might be one who's "bad in bed"?

Maybe she's just into "basic caucasian sex".  Maybe she just lays there and Jake was having issues trying "bang" that stick out of her ass.
I'm not saying that's the case.  But there are two sides to the story.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Sycophant4Lease said:

To me, Paige is annoyingly and  frustratingly predictable.  I can just about forecast everyone single one of her responses/reactions to anything Chris says or does.  It has to go beyond her man/woman/marriage biblical beliefs.  Something (we're not privy to) must have happened in her past that has turned her into such a gullible doormat.  Her self-esteem is at ocean depths.

Something happened alright, but I don't think it has anything to do with low self-esteem.  IMO, the show is compensating her and she is playing along with this garbage for money.  When she found out the morning after the wedding night that he was going to be a daddy with another woman, I hope she screamed so long and so loud to the producers and threatened to sue and expose their asses for ruining her chance of a happy marriage that they promised things to her in order to stay on the show.  Like maybe getting her own show like Monet or Vanessa.  A show that focused on her Christian values.  

Not saying I'm right, but she doesn't seem the type to put up with this b.s., at least not without some benefit to her, and having Chris as a husband isn't the benefit I mean.  She's being compensated in some way, shape or form.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Paige is pretty but I often don't think that her clothes flatter her. That dress did not fit her at all and I don't know that tailoring would have helped.

What is the deal with the shiny fabrics, which can be problematic on any body?  Viv had that awful yellow number on on decision day, and three of the women on the reunion had shiny dresses.  It made me appreciate Briana's dress, which I think was very suitable for the event (this is not a Real Housewives reunion).  Virginia's dress was a little much, but it did seem like it suited her.  The rest of them seem to just throw on some shiny shit and call it done.

23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, I didn't see the segment but from what I read she was asked the question.  If she demurred she would have been excoriated, so she just said "fuck it" and spoke the truth.  She knew she couldn't win either way.  I was just surprised (and pleased) she had the gumption to come out and say it.  

As @lids pointed out, she didn't:

20 hours ago, lids said:

On what Hailey said about the dreaded first four days, US Weekly has the quote.

Frazier brought up the fact that Haley and Jacob slept together on their honeymoon but then their relationship just got even worse. “We didn’t connect,” she said of the hookup. “I was trying to find an emotional connection; I was trying to find a physical connection. My last straw was the physical connection. When that didn’t work, I was like, ’Alright, where do we go from here?’”

So can we all at least agree on what was actually said, and form opinions based on that?

19 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Even though we could all guess Haley was turned off after the sex, I thought Haley snickering and basically publicly confirming Jake as terrible in bed was cruel. This isn't high school after prom. Just say you didn't feel sexual chemistry or realized you weren't sexually compatible, which then imploded the relationship.

I think that's exactly what she did say.

• Love 5
(edited)

Shame on her.  She deserves 'always a bridesmaid but never a bride'!

I would be a bridesmaid for eternity rather than be saddled with any of these grooms for even 2 hours, sorry. Granted, the women are not perfect by any means, but I would take a lifetime with only cats and girlfriends for company over one spent with Eggshell Vinny, Motivational Speaker Ryan, Popeye Caveman, Crazy Chris, or Mr. Desperation. I actually do like Vinny as a person, but I don't really think he's quite ready for marriage, he still has some stuff to work out within himself. These types of companions are something women are supposed to aspire to? Really?? If my daughter brought any of them home, I'd have nothing but questions.

She did say they slept together early on and left it at that. When put on the spot at the reunion, she answered an obviously uncomfortable question the best she could. Maybe she IS frigid, maybe he IS into S&M, who among us really wants to summon those images?? It's obvious the sex was not only not good, she really craved physical distance from him afterwards. A different sort of guy would have shown patience — like Jamie and Doug, and she was practically vomiting at the wedding — and maybe the situation could have been salvaged. But they're not a fit obviously. I still say the forced hugging really put her over the edge ... it was really embarrassing to watch and didn't do him any favors.

Edited by Mrs. Button
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Except here is my problem with what she actually said: She said a physical connection was HER LAST STRAW. On day 4! Then this gal ditches him directly after the bad sex, doesn't apologize; tries to change how he dresses after knowing him a couple weeks as a thinly veiled "gift"; ships his wedding gift off to another state having never worn it, doesn't apologize and is actually very rude about it; leaves every night after filming; is a poor sport when both winning AND losing the various games they played, and then says "I tried". I say bullshit.

I get that Jake would not be every woman's cup of tea, and she is not obligated to love or even like him, but I do not believe that she actually gave her best effort here at all. Her own friends questioned if she was giving up too soon! I think that having sex with him was the worst choice she could have made knowing she really didn't actually like him very much. I don't think she handled this well at all, but she acts like she deserves a pat on the back for her efforts. Just no.

• Love 20
23 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

I'm terrible, but I WANT to know what Jake did in bed that was soooo bad! Came too fast? Couldn't get it up? Micropenis? Diaper fetish? WHAT? I think basically everyone who has had sex before realizes that it can take a few times to sync up with a new partner, especially if you were drunk the first time.  So it has to be  super bad for Haley to say never again--right?

I don't think Haley has that understanding, "that basically anyone who has sex can realize that it takes a few times to sync up with a new partner, especially if you were drunk the first time." I would say you need time and repeated experiences. For women, if you don't find an instantaneous sexual or emotional connection, it's going to take some time if ever to have great sex. In my experience, most women need some connection including just sexual attraction to have "good sex" the first time having sex with a new person.

From everything we saw before the marriages and during the marriage Haley has a very short timeline (impatient) and she has a lack of a personality that's extremely attractive.  Never really learned anything about Haley and she still, to the end seem, seemed very superficial with the clothes and attempt at image but I didn't see her really giving much in terms of trying to make a connection.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mrs. Button said:

Eggshell Vinny, Motivational Speaker Ryan, Popeye Caveman, Crazy Chris, or Mr. Desperation.

Perfect descriptions of the men this season! 🤣

I wouldn't want any of them as partners.  Maybe I could see myself being friends with Ryan and Vinny because I would love to give them wardrobe advice.  

• Love 4

Perfect descriptions of the men this season! 🤣

I wouldn't want any of them as partners.  Maybe I could see myself being friends with Ryan and Vinny because I would love to give them wardrobe advice.  

Thank you! And I agree both Vinny & Ryan seem fun ... just not as husbands. I am starting to suspect a good 85% of the people go on here not because they genuinely want to get married, but to kick off their D-List Reality Career. I even wonder if some of the couples on the couples show (don't watch personally — seems very scripted IMO) would have split up long ago were it not for those paychecks and "fame." 

• Love 6

I think a lot of these couples chose to stay married because they don't want to be alone again and put in the hard work to find someone more compatible and rewarding to date/marry.  I saw a lot of awkward, forced smiles and major denial on this reunion episode.  

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 11:11 AM, JapMo said:

I couldn't agree more.  Her skin looked clean and clear, her makeup was well done not overdone.  She seemed happy...and so did Erik (who I don't think has had a nose job).  And his Mom seemed genuinely happy for them, too.  I don't think there was any faking the affection she seemed to have for Virginia, and vice versa.  In the beginning, I didn't think Virginia was a good candidate due to what she'd seen and been through with her parents' marriages.  She was like a broken little child, and the drinking was a real red flag.  But now I'm encouraged.  Maybe this will truly work out. 

Erik is, to use a very old term, besotted with her.  Yeah, her youth and beauty (she's very cute) is very attractive to him, but I truly believe he does love her.  And I think she loves him.  Is it the kind of love that will grow and stand the test of time?  Who knows.  I think Erik needs to calm down and not be so scared that he's headed for Divorce #2 every time there's a dust-up.  Virginia needs to appreciate that Erik is a great husband who only has eyes for her, and can provide a better life for her than she's ever had, especially supportive, drama-free in-laws.  It apparently rankled her that people got the impression she drank a lot.  I hope instead of being defensive, like she was last night, she does a little soul searching.  Maybe there is a grain of truth to her partying and drinking reputation, if that's all her friends at the wedding could say about her.

I'm hoping the next announcement we hear from these two is not that they are headed for a divorce but that they are headed for parenthood.  I think Virginia has the makings of an excellent mother, and Erik would be over the moon, second only to his mom, if she did get pregnant.  Erik has the type of easygoing personality that he could probably make a go of it with many types of women.  But how many of them could make him light up like Virginia does?  Virginia needs and craves stability, and Erik's maturity can provide that, IF he uses a delicate hand and suggests rather than dictates. 

After writing this, I was surprised to realize they remind me a lot of Jaime and Doug's relationship.  Doug, too, was attracted right off the bat to Jaime's looks and personality, and fell for her pretty quickly.  Jaime craved stability in her life and wanted to marry into a loving, supportive family.  

Virginia did look great. I hope this means she stopped drinking as much and is taking better care of herself.

During, the show, before he showed his controlling side, I thought Erik was a great catch and as a female, I did not understand why he needed this show.

However, as I rethink this season after the reunion one thing that strikes me is that Erik lies...a lot (though not as much as Chris).

His lies are not particularly malicious but are often there to make himself look good.

I remember in Vegas when he told the other guys that he and Virginia "were perfect" for each other in every way. Cut to Virginia who was telling the ladies the many areas and red flags that might be a problem.

I remember he got angriest at Virginia when she wanted to discuss some of their issues "on camera". He probably wanted her to also pretend everything was great when the camera was on.

I also think he lied about the cat allergy.

Virginia might not be perfect but she seemed pretty forthcoming. During the reunion, I felt that she was towing the company line of what Erik wanted her to say.

I actually felt this about all three of the couples who stayed together. I feel that all of the ladies changed their personalities to some degree to accommodate their husbands.

This might not be a bad thing in itself (people compromise for their spouses) but I thought it was interesting.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Virginia did look great. I hope this means she stopped drinking as much and is taking better care of herself.

During, the show, before he showed his controlling side, I thought Erik was a great catch and as a female, I did not understand why he needed this show.

However, as I rethink this season after the reunion one thing that strikes me is that Erik lies...a lot (though not as much as Chris).

His lies are not particularly malicious but are often there to make himself look good.

I remember in Vegas when he told the other guys that he and Virginia "were perfect" for each other in every way. Cut to Virginia who was telling the ladies the many areas and red flags that might be a problem.

I remember he got angriest at Virginia when she wanted to discuss some of their issues "on camera". He probably wanted her to also pretend everything was great when the camera was on.

I also think he lied about the cat allergy.

Virginia might not be perfect but she seemed pretty forthcoming. During the reunion, I felt that she was towing the company line of what Erik wanted her to say.

I actually felt this about all three of the couples who stayed together. I feel that all of the ladies changed their personalities to some degree to accommodate their husbands.

This might not be a bad thing in itself (people compromise for their spouses) but I thought it was interesting.

I completely agree!  Erik has this unnerving tense nature to him and he turns a smile on and off at the drop of a dime depending on what is being said.  I initially thought he was the best catch (out of a cheap county fair gold fish game of men), but I think he has a strong hold over Virginia out of control rather than looking out for her.  I hope Virginia manages her drinking in the long run. 

All of the women adopted "Stepford Wife" personas around their husbands by reunion day and it was kind of unnerving to see Brianna's forced smile and Clara looking to Ryan for guidance before answering a question about herself 🙄.  I at least give Page props  for eventually leaving her relationship when all of the other women should have done the same, but didn't.  I see a lot of these women bending over backwards to please these unremarkable guys and adjust their personalities to be more palatable/subservient to them, but what are the men doing for the women?  It reminds me of the Janet Jackson classic, "What have you done for me lately?" 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
wrote the wrong singer
  • Love 4

Chris is the kid who cried when Mom yelled at him, started fights on the playground when he wasn't the leader, and stomped off when someone called him out. And he's still that kid. I am so sick of Paige's trite phrases: "I had faith in this process;" "I wanted to make this work;" "God put us together for a reason" (no, God didn't- you put your faith in a bunch of "experts" who couldn't see Chris's sociopathic behavior closeup even though it's apparent from miles away). She is either playing a role or just that stupid. She really saw "potential" in him and the relationship? He is ambitious (I guess that means he wants an Atlanta Queen and wants to own millions in  businesses and buy his ex a "benz"). He's faithful? (only when it gets a girl in the sack). He is a very pathological human being, acts despicably to everyone around him and is so sick in the head that he doesn't see how abnormal his behavior is. From his shrunken pants and patent leather shoes to his horrible vocal fry and dead eyes, to his abusive and manipulative behavior, I see nothing at all redeeming about this guy. I keep saying to myself, "Paige HAS to be playing a role." And for the love of God, everyone needs to just say "bye" when he inevitably flounces. (I think this was at least #4 on-air.) Why on earth do they all chase after him: "Chris, Chris! Come back!" He is playing into everyone's hands. Master, master manipulator. I guess I'm old and jaded because I saw that from the first episode. I would be like, "you are full of shit and there's the door."

Ryan has a nice face and a beautiful smile, but I cannot get past the bowler hats, handlebar mustache and "sure, sure, sure." He and Clara seem to be doing okay, but I am sure she has made a lot of concessions in the relationship. I can't decide if she is pretty or not. She needs a professional color (tone down that straw white, girl!) and a more neutral lipstick but her teeth and eyes are great. In profile she isn't as attractive. But she seems fun and flexible enough to make it work.

Virginia? Uptalk girl? Do you really think you're doing ok? You're getting to know each other? Your cat has its own room?  (giggle, giggle). I think they are saying all the Nicolas Sparks words they think describe a relationship but it seems fake and empty. Erik bugs me because I feel like he's acting half the time with his  exaggerated laugh and all the textbook phrases like "I'm so happy with her all the time," blah blah blah.  As for his nose, it looks almost as if he got his nose job revised and now there is a little knob on the end. He needs a new plastic surgeon.

For some reason I find Vince and Brianna boring so I don't have anything to say to them.

I think Hayley thought long and hard about how to explain the fact that she had sex with Jake and then gave him the freeze.  "I had tried everything, so I figured that was the last thing I could do to see if we could connect."  That was... horrible.  He went out fairly gracefully. And he was honest: "you couldn't stand me from day 2."

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Uhhh...Janet Jackson would disagree. 😉

Thank you for the correction! I can't believe I mixed those two singers up! They're both great in their own right.  Janet Jackson is the singer of "What have you done for me lately" .  I don't know how to correct my original post and as an 80's pop culture fan, I am ashamed of my mistake 😅

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Thank you for the correction! I can't believe I mixed those two singers up! They're both great in their own right.  Janet Jackson is the singer of "What have you done for me lately" .  I don't know how to correct my original post and as an 80's pop culture fan, I am ashamed of my mistake 😅

No problem. 😊

Just click on that icon that looks to me like a cigarette to make corrections.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

He also kinda sorta was dishonest when he talked about his first marriage.  He kept saying they had to get married to be able to live on base...like he was just doing this girl a favor and the relationship was strictly platonic.  However, that wasn't true.  They were in love and were probably intending to get married at a later date, but moved it up so they could be together when he went into the service.

• Love 3
On 5/19/2021 at 9:23 PM, Spectator said:

Vincent is completely contradicting himself regarding the bossy comment at the wedding. During the regular season, in the midst of one of Vincent’s hissy fits, he told Brianna that the “bossy” label assigned to her at the wedding was a turn off and a trait he said he specifically did not want in a partner. Then in the reunion show he pretended he never said that and claimed he didn’t take the word ‘bossy’ that way and he thought it just meant that she knew what she wanted. Huh??? That’s definitely not what you said, Vinny...

EXACTLY!!! WHERE'S KF WITH THE FOLLOW-UP OR CALL OUT?!! How about, "Then why did you say that at the time? Why are you contradicting yourself now?" He's taking it too easy & asking what he knows they won't answer! OF COURSE Ryan & Clara won't say whether they'd consummated their marriage & he basically made Ryan tell his wife he loves her. Isn't being forced to say it take away from it? Clara should think about that. KF shoulda asked if Colton's coming out sparked a discussion... & if not, suggested it should. To be sitting next to a guy who said he didn't like her face, it looks the worst it's ever looked & WHY is she wearing her ring???? The men aren't. They KNOW they should've filmed his crazy azz LAST!!! & they decided to set him off by trotting out PD? WHYYY??? We hate him enough already! He can't do any worse!! Why not bring out his parents?!! KF just let him give his correct answers & didn't ask, "WHY was that okay for you to say & do at the time?" & they really shoulda played Erik & Virgina's drunk arguments & asked if they still do that or if Erik stopped since Virginia wouldn't. They got off easy with her terrible dress.

• Love 4
On 5/20/2021 at 1:59 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

It doesn’t matter, because whatever you say or do, some people think you’re a snotty bitch for not liking sex with a guy they saw on TV. But you truly don’t have to like it, do it again, apologize, or explain to anyone. 

Nahhhh. Definitely NOT for not liking the sex, that's totally fine. What's horrible is quitting the marriage & refusing to work through the issues & having us watch the fakery the entire season.

• Love 7
On 5/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, Alexander Pope said:

Erik was visibly shaking his head when V. was saying she didn't have a drinking problem. Talk about a tell!

Because it was just zoomed in on him, I didn't trust those to be his reactions to her talking. If it were, KF should've asked him about it, pointing out his reactions. That's the typical thing to do, although he's been easy on everyone & not following up.

• Love 1
On 5/20/2021 at 2:22 PM, Crashcourse said:

It's one thing to go out on a date with a guy, have maybe drunken sex, but realize afterwards that he makes you wanna hurl.  It's not like you blame him for being awful; in fact, you're actually ashamed of yourself for even letting it happen.  But the good thing is, (assuming he's not a stalker) you don't have to see him anymore.  However, if you're married on a reality tv show and you're supposed to be living together for eight fucking weeks, it's kinda hard to navigate that scenario without coming off on national tv as cruel and heartless if you no longer want to have anything to do with him.  It doesn't help that he has the personality of spurned Sasquatch.  So, you just ride it out until the nightmare is over.   

Or... ya know... exit the experiment & spare us!!! 😂😂😂😂 Honestly, I hope KF asks her that. It's a nightmare of her own doing that she could've stopped at ANY time. Ya can't claim victim when you CHOSE the situation. She acted a fool cuz she was unhappy with the situation of her own doing. Kinda hard to be sympathetic to that.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, JapMo said:

He kept saying they had to get married to be able to live on base...like he was just doing this girl a favor and the relationship was strictly platonic. 

I didn't get that impression at all. I believe they were dating, in love, whatever, but when he left to go serve and they wanted to go together, they had to be married. I never got the impression that it was a platonic relationship. Why would a "friend" want to go live with him on a military base? I am just guessing, but they were probably living together before he left, so, of course they wanted to be together. Maybe they got married too soon in the relationship, and it obviously didn't work out, bur I think they were a legit couple before the move.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I didn't get that impression at all. I believe they were dating, in love, whatever, but when he left to go serve and they wanted to go together, they had to be married. I never got the impression that it was a platonic relationship. Why would a "friend" want to go live with him on a military base? I am just guessing, but they were probably living together before he left, so, of course they wanted to be together. Maybe they got married too soon in the relationship, and it obviously didn't work out, bur I think they were a legit couple before the move.

That's pretty much what @JapMo said:

6 hours ago, JapMo said:

However, that wasn't true.  They were in love and were probably intending to get married at a later date, but moved it up so they could be together when he went into the service.

• Love 1
On 5/20/2021 at 2:16 AM, Airy2021 said:

That said...I'm not a Christian here espousing my views. I was raised in the Church and saw the light of hypocrisy and judgment and am now an Atheist. But, if you want to be a so-called Christian, at least follow the word of God and don't be a total fake one like Chris.

I am a Christian, although not their stripe - I'm old school Episcopalian.  That said I abhor religious hypocrisy and don't even attend church because of it.  I personally think Chris, his friend "Pastor Dwight" are fake Christians engaging in all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify their selfish and immature behavior.  I don't buy for one minute that Dwight is a real man of the cloth.  I even have my doubts about Pastor Cal.  They think they're doing "God's work" but I think a lot of it is self serving and not necessarily in the best interests of the people they work with.  Why would Cal be on this shit show in the first place if he was really concerned about people and their welfare?

And regarding Ryan, I think it's sad that a grown adult man feels that he has to apologize to his parents for admitting publicly that he isn't a virgin.  Seriously?  This is the 21st century, not the 19th.  It's no wonder Ryan comes off as an immature geek.  I feel sorry for him but that and the way he acts make me wonder if he is inhibited sexually because of his upbringing and all the parental/religious tapes going off in his head.  It looks like I was right a couple of weeks ago when I said he needed Eddie Murphy to tell him it's OK if his dick gets hard, LOL.

• Love 4
On 5/20/2021 at 7:38 PM, humbleopinion said:

I do not like Haley, Jake I am.

I do like steak, eggs and ham.

I would eat them in my beach backyard house.

I would eat them because she bought me a blouse.

I would eat them on vacay.

I can eat them all...m'kay?

(apologies to Dr. Seuss)

I like Haley. She was matched with the wrong person and everybody's beating upon her. 

On 5/20/2021 at 11:11 PM, Alexander Pope said:

I am also a teacher of British lit! How nice to meet you!

And I was a teacher of world literature and American literature for gifted students.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I am a Christian, although not their stripe - I'm old school Episcopalian.  That said I abhor religious hypocrisy and don't even attend church because of it.  I personally think Chris, his friend "Pastor Dwight" are fake Christians engaging in all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify their selfish and immature behavior.  I don't buy for one minute that Dwight is a real man of the cloth.  I even have my doubts about Pastor Cal.  They think they're doing "God's work" but I think a lot of it is self serving and not necessarily in the best interests of the people they work with.  Why would Cal be on this shit show in the first place if he was really concerned about people and their welfare?

And regarding Ryan, I think it's sad that a grown adult man feels that he has to apologize to his parents for admitting publicly that he isn't a virgin.  Seriously?  This is the 21st century, not the 19th.  It's no wonder Ryan comes off as an immature geek.  I feel sorry for him but that and the way he acts make me wonder if he is inhibited sexually because of his upbringing and all the parental/religious tapes going off in his head.  It looks like I was right a couple of weeks ago when I said he needed Eddie Murphy to tell him it's OK if his dick gets hard, LOL.

Ok, so Chris and Dwight are hypocritical Christians because they don’t display evidence of being Christian by their behavior, but Ryan is sad because he actually does? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Ok, so Chris and Dwight are hypocritical Christians because they don’t display evidence of being Christian by their behavior, but Ryan is sad because he actually does? 

Healthy Christianity doesn't teach one to be repressed and inhibited sexually the way Ryan presents himself.  At least not in my opinion.  Just because some types of Christianity still influence people to be that way doesn't mean it's evidence of being a Christian.  St. Paul's attitudes about sex did a lot of damage in that regard, IMHO and it negatively affected a lot of Christian attitudes towards sex and sexuality for a very long time.  But in the last 60 years or so, attitudes have changed in some churches.  Christians today run the gamut about pretty much everything, and it's not fair to lump them together at all.  If you have to worry about what people in your parents' church are going to think about you not being a virgin at Ryan's age, that's in my opinion ridiculous and unhealthy.  That wouldn't be the case in my church.

• Love 6

WTF is WRONG with Hypochris?!! SERIOUSLY! WHY doesn't he know how to control himself?? He looks ridiculous acting a fool like that! They brought out PD to upset him & he played right into it. Then KF tried to calm him. Weird. Like. WHERE does that come from??? If the show really wanted to film him for all the segments, they knew better. Looks like they wanted to capture him acting out. I'm tired of that foolishness & seeing Paige's dumbazz following him. He's a GROWN MAN BABY, LET HIM GET HIMSELF TOGETHER!! One last episode & it's finally DONE! So glad to NEVER see them EVER AGAIN!!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Healthy Christianity doesn't teach one to be repressed and inhibited sexually the way Ryan presents himself. 

I understand and agree with this, but I guess I don't see Ryan as repressed so much as protecting his privacy. I also understand not wanting to embarrass his parents on national t.v. I am a Christian, and although I am not as conservative as my parents, I would not want to do something that would embarrass them if I was doing something like this because I still love and respect them. I think that's where he was coming from when he jokingly apologized to his mom.

I think Ryan and Clara will be fine in the short term, but I do think they have both swept the big issues under the rug. Kids are going to be a sticking point because they are nowhere near agreeing on how to raise them.

• Love 7
On 5/20/2021 at 11:41 AM, greeneyedscorpio said:

That's Haley for you, always keeping it klassy. 

Well everybody's wondering why she didn't like him. She was honest. IDK what it is but he makes my skin crawl.

• Love 3

I'm wondering is Pastor Dwight is single. I think it would be great if he & Paige hooked up (if he is single).  It's all TV hocus pocus but he did seem like he was genuinely concerned for her in that initial meet up they had. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, lauralu said:

I'm wondering is Pastor Dwight is single. I think it would be great if he & Paige hooked up (if he is single).  It's all TV hocus pocus but he did seem like he was genuinely concerned for her in that initial meet up they had. 

For some reason, I think he is married but I don't know why I think that. Otherwise they would be a good match.

• Love 1

I looked at Pastor Dwight's website and he's selling a book he just wrote for an $18.95 preorder called "5 Things Every Man Needs....And Every Woman Should Know About Men" by "America's Relationship Coach from Married at First Sight Dwight Buckner Jr."  I think that he  might have wanted to be on the show to benefit financially by association with MAFS.  

• Useful 3
35 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I looked at Pastor Dwight's website and he's selling a book he just wrote for an $18.95 preorder called "5 Things Every Man Needs....And Every Woman Should Know About Men" by "America's Relationship Coach from Married at First Sight Dwight Buckner Jr."  I think that he  might have wanted to be on the show to benefit financially by association with MAFS.  

Seriously?! I thought anyone who comes on these shows is totally in it for the right reasons and are not at all interested in gaining social media followers or shilling things!

And Chris is actually upstanding, sincere, and chock full of integrity and ethics. 🤡 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

So the good pastor just went on the show to make a few bucks.  Yeah...good luck with that. 🙄

Plus, Steve Harvey's already written a similar book.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 4
(edited)

Other cast members have things to shill...

Clara's Non Smear Lip Stick

Red light district

No Shame Fluorescent Orange

Tickle My Pink...that what she said, hoped and dreamed

Taste the Flavors of the Rainbow...multi garish colors mashup, what comes out of the tube is a mystery

Jake's Jorts

Dress your inner Okay, Boomer

Ryan's and Vincent's Fun House Mirrors

The Sure Sure...distorts the user's perception of his hair, mustache, and choice of hats

The RolyPoly...user appears slimmer, chins gone

Brianna's Mouthguards...

Protect your mouth while holding your tongue

Haley's Bridal Wear Retreads

1 wedding dress

14 bridesmaid's dresses (3 new dress TBD)

assorted color shoes, costume jewelry accessories all used once

Erik's Locator Tags and Breathalyzer

Keep track of your loved one as they bar hop and couch surf

One blow to know if choking on own vomit imminent, automatic 911 optional

Virginia's Skank Stank Away

Go from Blackout drunk crashing on a friend's couch to work Fresh as a Daisy (clothing included option coming out in Fall 2021)

Whore's Bath Eau de Toilette the Ocean-splash here, splash there, Up here, down there....

Toothbrush and whitening polish

Eye drops to clear the scleras

Dry shampoo...brush out the smoke from the bar, the old beer smell and sweaty BO from strangers

Single use Makeup remover packet

Hairbrush

Travel size stick deodorant

Single use concealer

Single use liquid foundation

Single use blush

panties

Soap gel to wash feet

Pink Pot O'Gloss

Mini bar size vodka...hair of the dog to get out the door and calm shakes and DTs

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4