Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Precious Cargo / S03.E08: Destination Unknown

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

Episode 7: Precious Cargo 

Mick questions Ben’s developing relationship with Eureka. A new adversarial group suspicious of Ben takes drastic measures to gain answers. Saanvi proves her worth through a scientific breakthrough. Angelina reaches a breaking point.

Episode 8: Destination Unknown 

Mick and Ben join forces to aid a desperate Flight 828 passenger. Saanvi grapples with a discovery at Eureka, and the burden of secrecy that comes with it. Grace and Angelina’s bond deepens. A maturing Cal enlists Zeke’s help in a personal matter.

Originally aired May 6, 2021

These two hours were more engaging than I was expecting.  Even though it was a bunch of random stuff thrown out of a volcano, but what else is new.

Dr. Gupta sure did a 180.  Now she thinks she can recreate a miracle by studying the remnants of Noah's Ark?   Is the Ancient Egyptian phase of the season over?

I don't get the dark clouds over Eureka.  So The Callings don't want them studying the driftwood?  I suppose The Callings was against science the whole time, and that's why Saanvi lost her Splitting Headache and Disorientating Visions privilege.  Well, if that dumb cloud Calling didn't happen, then maybe Ben would have more insider information and would be better able to stop it?  I'm a little disappointed in Vance in shutting Ben out and swearing Saanvi to secrecy.

Speaking of Saanvi, I actually liked her in these episodes for the first time in a long time.  It's nice she gets to be smart.  And it was sort of fun to see them consulting different scientists.  Ben got to be pretty smart with that refrigerator thing too.

Cal was being rather annoying in the first episode, but I actually did like how he connected Grace donating her brother's things, to Grace getting rid of his things after Flight 828 disappeared.

So previously important supporting characters like Zeke and Angelina now get to fill the all-exciting role of Babysitter.

I like Michaela's partner and it's more fun that she now knows about the Callings.

Olive was being so nice to Angelina, so I hope Angelina isn't going to turn crazy and try to replace Olive.  That was super creepy music when she was looking at herself in the mirror wearing that dress.

The Callings doesn't want that passenger killing her abusive ex-boyfriend who tried to murder her in a car accident, but The Callings can go ahead and kill the two methheads who saw their errant ways.

They did a great job casting The Major's daughter, who has the same cold dead eyes.  Good luck, Jared.  You sure know how to pick 'em.  It was kinda funny how judgemental Ben was when he saw Jared with her.

So Zeke senses Michaela being jealous or something?  What a juicy storyline for Zeke, eh?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Has anyone ever really counted how many times the characters have said “callings” during any one episode?

Did anyone notice the gigantic hinge on the door in the model home where Ben was being held? And it was in the middle of the door, not one on top and one on the bottom (at least I think it was a gigantic hinge). 

Why do you suppose in every scene with baby Eden, she (or is she a he?) has on a hat or cap of some kind? 

Ben’s hair, so long and unruly, but I like it.  Speaking of hair, has anyone counted how many times Saanvi pulls her hair away from her face to behind her ears? And the last one:  Rachel looked like she borrowed an old Cher wig for her part. 

I liked how the whole volcano thing came together--the volcano “snow globe”, the volcano Tarot card, Mr. Ararat (I didn’t realize it was a dormant volcano) = Noah’s Ark.. but really? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Camera One said:

These two hours were more engaging than I was expecting.  Even though it was a bunch of random stuff thrown out of a volcano, but what else is new.

Dr. Gupta sure did a 180.  Now she thinks she can recreate a miracle by studying the remnants of Noah's Ark?   Is the Ancient Egyptian phase of the season over?

I don't get the dark clouds over Eureka.  So The Callings don't want them studying the driftwood?  I suppose The Callings was against science the whole time, and that's why Saanvi lost her Splitting Headache and Disorientating Visions privilege.  Well, if that dumb cloud Calling didn't happen, then maybe Ben would have more insider information and would be better able to stop it?  I'm a little disappointed in Vance in shutting Ben out and swearing Saanvi to secrecy.

Speaking of Saanvi, I actually liked her in these episodes for the first time in a long time.  It's nice she gets to be smart.  And it was sort of fun to see them consulting different scientists.  Ben got to be pretty smart with that refrigerator thing too.

Cal was being rather annoying in the first episode, but I actually did like how he connected Grace donating her brother's things, to Grace getting rid of his things after Flight 828 disappeared.

So previously important supporting characters like Zeke and Angelina now get to fill the all-exciting role of Babysitter.

I like Michaela's partner and it's more fun that she now knows about the Callings.

Olive was being so nice to Angelina, so I hope Angelina isn't going to turn crazy and try to replace Olive.  That was super creepy music when she was looking at herself in the mirror wearing that dress.

The Callings doesn't want that passenger killing her abusive ex-boyfriend who tried to murder her in a car accident, but The Callings can go ahead and kill the two methheads who saw their errant ways.

They did a great job casting The Major's daughter, who has the same cold dead eyes.  Good luck, Jared.  You sure know how to pick 'em.  It was kinda funny how judgemental Ben was when he saw Jared with her.

So Zeke senses Michaela being jealous or something?  What a juicy storyline for Zeke, eh?

All good observations, CAMERA ONE. I forgot about Ben and the fridge; clever thinking, but was that realistic? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Camera One said:

I like Michaela's partner and it's more fun that she now knows about the Callings

I wish this could be the whole show. 

I thought Angelina was going to kidnap Baby Eden so she could have her own family, but replacing Olive is a better fit for the show. 

They did a great job casting The Major's daughter, who has the same cold dead eyes.  Good luck, Jared.  You sure know how to pick 'em

Yeah, it looks like the ol’ character switcheroo of making an annoying character (Jared) likable right before they get stabbed or shot or zapped or shoved off of a cliff. Wardrobe doesn’t even need to put a red shirt on Jared, but it might be a nice Star Trek homage. 

• Love 5

The baby leaning over to get one last look at Angelina (or whoever was off camera) as they were leaving was cute and effective for the scene. Can't tell if she wants to replace Olive or take the baby. Or both.

Dr. Gupta's expression and attitude shifted so dramatically that I thought they changed the actress for a second.

I just assumed the dark clouds were another representation of a volcano.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Dr. Gupta's expression and attitude shifted so dramatically that I thought they changed the actress for a second.

Yeah, Dr. Gupta has to have been taken over by a body snatcher. At least that's what the actor seemed to be conveying.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

There seems to be a recurring water and drowning theme.  Is there another cataclysmic flood coming? Are the Flight 828 survivors going to be - like Noah's Ark - responsible for ensuring the survival of the human race?

At this point, that makes about as much sense as anything else.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

I'm personally getting uncomfortable with the religious vein.  Not everyone is a Christian, which seems to be the audience here: Noah's ark, resurrection...

• Love 5
7 hours ago, alvajon said:

All good observations, CAMERA ONE. I forgot about Ben and the fridge; clever thinking, but was that realistic? 

With all due respect, if you are looking for realistic, you have the wrong show😃😀 That said, I am actually still enjoying the wild ride. Raise your hand if you had Noah's Ark on your Bingo card😃

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, chlban said:

With all due respect, if you are looking for realistic, you have the wrong show😃😀 That said, I am actually still enjoying the wild ride. Raise your hand if you had Noah's Ark on your Bingo card😃

The show has kind of embraced the crazy and borderline nonsensical this season, and in a strange way it works.  

13 minutes ago, jabRI said:

I'm personally getting uncomfortable with the religious vein.  Not everyone is a Christian, which seems to be the audience here: Noah's ark, resurrection...

I am still not sure if the callings and the driving force is good, so it will be interesting to if they go down this route or it ends up being something different.  They have also covered ancient Egyptian religious beliefs, so it might end up being a broader picture and even if religious might be something more all-encompassing and not a specific religion like Christianity.  Aren't sources of the flood story actually predating Noah and included in a number of cultures?

8 hours ago, Camera One said:

Shows tend to overdue to crazy woman, but it might be more interesting than her being a star crossed lover with ?Pete?  With how her parents treated her, she is someone who is probably already on the edge.  For a while there I thought it was going to be that she had a crush on Olive, but it looks like they are going a different route.  That said, if Major's daughter ends up being crazy - that might be a bit overkill.

8 hours ago, Camera One said:

He and Mick have been so conflict free, that they need some tension, and I think it is pretty realistic that she would have some lingering feelings that would trigger jealousy.  Even when you have moved on, the history and residual feelings deep inside do not completely vanish for a long time, if ever.  Zeke just learned the lesson of what happens when you read someone's journal.  You don't really want to know every inner thought of someone.   I wonder if he had no control of feeling her thoughts there, or if he was suspicious and wanted to know even at a subconscious level.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CCTC said:

Aren't sources of the flood story actually predating Noah and included in a number of cultures?

Yes, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cultures suggest a great localized (not global) flood occurred about 4,000 years ago. Probably not really long enough to 'fossilize' a piece of the Ark, but let's pretend.

Is this the first time a TV show has used a smart refrigerator as a plot point?

Am I the only one who thinks the Major's daughter looks too young for Jared? 

9 hours ago, alvajon said:

Did anyone notice the gigantic hinge on the door in the model home where Ben was being held? And it was in the middle of the door, not one on top and one on the bottom

Not only that, but in the kitchen, high up on the tiled wall behind the sink, there was a tiny window that had sheer curtains over it. Why would there be a window so high you couldn't look out of it, and more importantly, who uses sheer curtains any more, especially in a high end contemporary kitchen?

9 hours ago, alvajon said:

Ben’s hair, so long and unruly,

I was lol'ing at the way both he and the bad guy (the one who had him tied up) had these perfect little symmetric curls hanging oh-so-casually over their foreheads.  

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I was lol'ing at the way both he and the bad guy (the one who had him tied up) had these perfect little symmetric curls hanging oh-so-casually over their foreheads.  

Covid stylin' doncha know.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Not only that, but in the kitchen, high up on the tiled wall behind the sink, there was a tiny window that had sheer curtains over it. Why would there be a window so high you couldn't look out of it, and more importantly, who uses sheer curtains any more, especially in a high end contemporary kitchen?

That was the basement of the “model” home. The window just clears ground level. Sheers for maximum light. I got the impression it was an in-home studio apartment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:
14 hours ago, mertensia said:

Noah's Ark!?!? Seriously???

Well it wasn't going to be the NBC peacock.

There was some peacock mention, but it was quickly forgotten again.
The religious bits annoy me because they are both random and "important!" and then fade away. I mean, the evil scientist who appears to be an immigrant from a non-Christian-majority nation is suddenly Little Miss Sunshine who believes in "miracles" of the seemingly Judeo-Christian variety. This seems bound to annoy agnostics, atheists, and believers alike.
So is Noah's Ark going to trump science, the peacock, sapphires, Tarot cards, and Egyptian scrolls? They haven't lately mentioned the favorite Bible verse of the character who died in the pilot "Romans 8:28." Oy. Very irritatingly random. I guess the Smoke Monster has gone back to the land of Lost. I'd hate to have to clean the kitchen on pasta night in the writers' kitchen when they throw it against the wall to see what sticks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

So they are really going there with the biblical stuff huh? But they also had the connection to ancient Egypt, and as other people have said already floods are a part of many mythologies throughout the world, usually as a metaphor for cleansing an evil world and replacing it with a better one, so maybe its not exactly about Christian stories of the old testament and about spirituality in general? Of course they have also now thrown Noah's freaking Arc into the mix, which I admit I actually laughed about out loud because I was so surprised at their audacity. Most network shows will usually avoid religion or Judeo-Christian mythology like the plague unless its some half assed Christ allegory or it involves demon fighting, as any reference to religion will inevitably ruffle feathers, so I am actually surprised they are going in this direction. I am still down for an alternate universe, and I have long suspected aliens, but a more spiritual answer is at least interesting, I am actually curious about where this is going. Especially if they are going to go further into folklore and world mythology like they kind of had been. With Noah's Arc in play (still shook) I half expect them to find Atlantis next. And Atlantis is in the Bermuda Triangle because it was moved from Greece by the aliens who built the Sphinx in collaboration with the angel Gabriel! 

If there really is some kind of higher being involved in this, they must be seriously old testament because The Calling seems like a real prick. So killing a domestic abuser is bad, but killing two methheads who were trying to improve their lives is good? Yeah murder is bad and all, but this all seems so ridiculously unfair. Any infraction by any of these 200 or so people will lead to ALL of them dying? Including the kids? Is that really something benevolent? And its decided that the fate of everyone is up to one college math professor who looks like he's about to pass out from stress, and the only way to get in touch with him is to give him vague prophetic visions, thanks for that real helpful. How is he supposed to keep all of these people on the straight and narrow, especially if they're like the head methhead and are just deranged and murderous and no one can stop them from doing awful things except by killing or imprisoning them? Everyone has to die because of a person like that? I know I don't want my life tied to the crazy eyed hustle and his well stocked murder basement. 

I really am feeling for Ben, stuck trying to keep these crazy people from dooming them all due to their poor life choices. Especially the crazy eyed hustler who kidnapped him and his lackeys, these people are freaking exhausting. Not even his longer fabulous hair can help. So this whole "my spouse is missing presumed dead better get with any of their friends or relatives in sight" thing was pretty common? I was so not surprised that the husband was sketchy, he just reeked of smug. 

I've liked the friendship built between Olive and Angelina, I really hope that Angelina doesn't turn out to be a crazy stalker. Don't we have enough going on already? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, chlban said:

Yes I know this crazy and wild show is not realistic--how dumb of me to ask if the refrigerator thing was realistic... I’m enjoying the wild ride as well.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, jabRI said:

New drinking game: take a healthy sip of white wine every time someone says 'LIFEBOAT.

The use of the word 'life boat' is driving me crazy and it has only been two episodes.

Anyway, Ben's obsession with the theory is in character, but super annoying. If someone approached me ranting about having to follow some voice to keep 200 people alive, I would get a restraining order. He doesn't even know if he's right. None of the meth heads followed the callings, because the callings told them to kill Michaela. Then they decided it was a test. But maybe it wasn't a test, and they didn't die because they were judged together, they died because they didn't kill her.

18 hours ago, alvajon said:

Why do you suppose in every scene with baby Eden, she (or is she a he?) has on a hat or cap of some kind? 

Maybe she is played by twins and their hair is starting to look different, so they cover it up?

10 hours ago, jabRI said:

Yeah, I am not a fan of it getting too biblical. I don't mind some references, but I like when it isn't attached to a specific religion, or when I feel like I have to know the bible references to follow the plot. Hopefully it will stay pretty general.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, sempervivum said:

29 minutes ago, jabRI said:

Regarding the Major's daughter, I don't trust her yet. Not sure why, but there it is

I also thought the Major's daughter looked too young for Jared.  I really don't see what they have in common either.  

I don't trust the Major's daughter either.  I just can't fathom what she thinks she can get out of Jared, though.  His only value is knowing the 828-ers, and Jared is pretty much in the periphery in terms of what he knows.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, jabRI said:

Regarding the Major's daughter, I don't trust her yet. Not sure why, but there it is

Hey, why not date a good-looking cop?  But of course we all know she must have some kind of ulterior motive--don’t think she was introduced just to be Jared’s love interest.  Will be interesting to see where it goes. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, jabRI said:

All cultural religions reference resurrection,  Noah's Ark is Old Testament not Christian, plus references to Egyptian religions etc. Where do you get the idea that it is specifically Christian, which hasn't thus far been referenced?

• Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Terese said:

All cultural religions reference resurrection,  Noah's Ark is Old Testament not Christian, plus references to Egyptian religions etc. Where do you get the idea that it is specifically Christian, which hasn't thus far been referenced?

Although the Christian scripture of Romans 8:28 has only been mentioned a few times since the pilot episode, the flight number 828 was suggested in the dialogue to be some how linked to Michaela and Ben’s Mom’s favorite bible verse. 
While that’s not much, it may be just enough to set a trigger those who are negatively sensitive to such references. 

The flip flopping from science to religion and/or magic is what bothers me, but they’ve been doing it since the beginning of the series, so it’s my own fault for not quitting. 
ETA: And now I see this crossover type of fiction is really not new. Apparently astronomer Johannes Kepler (1571 – 1630) wrote such a story: 

Edited by shapeshifter
32 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Although the Christian scripture of Romans 8:28 has only been mentioned a few times since the pilot episode, the flight number 828 was suggested in the dialogue to be some how linked to Michaela and Ben’s Mom’s favorite bible verse. 
While that’s not much, it may be just enough to set a trigger those who are negatively sensitive to such references. 

The flip flopping from science to religion and/or magic is what bothers me, but they’ve been doing it since the beginning of the series, so it’s my own fault for not quitting. 
ETA: And now I see this crossover type of fiction is really not new. Apparently astronomer Johannes Kepler (1571 – 1630) wrote such a story: 

It is a big world with a vast history of humans exploring their physical and spiritual place in it.  Maybe many others, who are not "sensitively and negatively triggered" enjoy exploring that. I am certain, that from the 1st episode various cultural religions and myths were to be a dominant over-arching theme in this story. This is no surprise; and clearly among the government operations, sci-fi, and drama all religion and spirituality was going to be a component. I like it!

• Love 1

Whiny Cal needs to go.   Are we done ?  I didn't have a choice about coming here. Why can't I go to the book fair ?  Are we there yet ?
Cal is that upset about a guy that he has known for all of 5 minutes.  Plus that kid actor that plays Cal is just a terrible actor.

Have we ever seen Cal's crush from school on this show before ?  Will we ever see her again ?  I highly doubt it.

Michaela: "I seriously think you are jumping to conclusions on that".
That's all they do on this show -- jump to conclusions based on incredibly vague callings.

Ben: "He sunk their lifeboat".
You sunk my battleship !!

Angelina is done with the Callings and she threatens to leave the Stone home.  Uh sure, keep telling yourself that.  
And where does Angelina expect to go -- her actual home is in Central America where her parents live.

Apparently plenty of 828ers have been indulging in personal intimate activities -- plenty of glowing hands to go around, even though they didn't touch the tailfin.

Lifeboat really is the catch-phrase of these 2 episodes.  Especially when you are dealing with a piece of Noah's Ark -- quite literally the greatest lifeboat in Biblical history.

Ben: "I meant what I said Eagen.  You asked me to remember what side of the fence I belong on.  This isn't proof I don't know what is."
That's a bold statement when you are literally standing on one side of a fence.

Dr. Gupta is a horrible manager.  You guys all report to Dr. Bahl now because you suck and are lucky to have jobs while she figured all this out in 5 minutes.

That building where the Spotless Oasis cleaning service was located had horrible door security.  
Plus evil husband went through that same door just minutes beforehand and didn't have to jimmy a physcial lock at the bottom.

Rachel: "Stop talking or I'll shoot you."
Ben: "Alright."
Which should have been followed immediately by a gunshot.

Ben's lifeboat theory is bullshit -- so many 828ers have already died, there's no way that all of them will even be alive when the death date finally arrives, let alone all be good people worthy of surviving the death date.

• Love 7
On 5/7/2021 at 11:54 AM, sempervivum said:

-Silicon Valley did it years ago, but the result was much cruder.

-Good God, yes.  She looks 21.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:
On 5/7/2021 at 11:54 AM, sempervivum said:

-Silicon Valley did it years ago, but the result was much cruder.

-Good God, yes.  She looks 21.

Oh that jogged my memory.  Modern Family did something with an "intelligent refrigerator".  I can't remember the details but I remember commenting on it at the time.

(edited)
6 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Cal is that upset about a guy that he has known for all of 5 minutes. 

That really is the problem.  Grace's brother was on the show for only a few episodes, and there was no genuine connection or chemistry with Grace or Cal.  That's why I personally thought it worked better that Cal was also struggling with how Grace threw away all his stuff after he "died".  I think Cal's acting is fine, but it's always hard since teenagers are no longer "cute", and it often throws a wrench into shows that started out with kids.

Michaela: "I seriously think you are jumping to conclusions on that".
That's all they do on this show -- jump to conclusions based on incredibly vague callings.

That is so true.  

Dr. Gupta is a horrible manager.  You guys all report to Dr. Bahl now because you suck and are lucky to have jobs while she figured all this out in 5 minutes.

At first, I thought she had an ulterior motive, like she wanted everyone to hate Saanvi to get her pushed out.  But apparently, she's now Saanvi's number one fan?  

That building where the Spotless Oasis cleaning service was located had horrible door security.  
Plus evil husband went through that same door just minutes beforehand and didn't have to jimmy a physcial lock at the bottom.

He must have had a key or something since that was his office.  

Ben's lifeboat theory is bullshit -- so many 828ers have already died, there's no way that all of them will even be alive when the death date finally arrives, let alone all be good people worthy of surviving the death date.

I was actually more on board with what Ben was saying than Michaela, who still believes The Callings are out to protect them.  The Callings have already let multiple passengers die.  The death of all three meth heads did suggest that it's not automatic that following the Callings and redeeming yourself means you are saved.  But Ben thinking that he can somehow rein in every passenger in 828 and sway them to the "right" path is ridiculously unrealistic, but what else is new.  Ben will probably be the one everyone finds so annoying he needs to be tossed off the "lifeboat".   I really don't see any "explanation" that would be remotely satisfying at the end of the "planned" six seasons, so in a way, so I find it hard to be invested.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Camera One said:

At first, I thought she had an ulterior motive, like she wanted everyone to hate Saanvi to get her pushed out.  But apparently, she's now Saanvi's number one fan? 

The only thing that I could imagine explaining Dr. Gupta's personality turn around is that she has been taken over by an extraterrestrial entity --which, if I am correct, has been done much better on other shows, for example, BrainDead (amazon.com/BrainDead-Season-1/dp/B01H0KB7RW).

Or, in other words:

5 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I really don't see any "explanation" that would be remotely satisfying at the end of the "planned" six seasons

13 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Cal is that upset about a guy that he has known for all of 5 minutes

In TV time, but I thought they were living there for a few months?

Also, I predict Angelina is going to kidnap the baby to 'save' her or some nonsense.

Lastly, I am not anti-religion or anti-Christianity, I've just never seen this handled very well in supposed 'science fiction' type shows.  Except for the brief Lost moment where Charlie asked "Are you going to hit me with your Jesus stick?" Still makes me chuckle

• Love 2
On 5/6/2021 at 10:50 PM, Camera One said:

I thought it was a slip that went under a dress or something to wear to bed. That's a dress?? (Okay, boomer.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I thought it was a slip that went under a dress or something to wear to bed. That's a dress?? (Okay, boomer.)

It could have been a nightgown, but Angelina called it a dress (from what I understand, the kids today don't wear slips under their dresses). 

I thought it was pretty skimpy to wear out of the house though. And rather boring looking.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

It could have been a nightgown, but Angelina called it a dress (from what I understand, the kids today don't wear slips under their dresses). 

I thought it was pretty skimpy to wear out of the house though. And rather boring looking.

It wasn't Olive's prom dress? Or similar? 
When my niece got married 15 years ago, my sister referred to her wedding dress as a "slip." I think it's a style, especially for fancy occasions?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Camera One said:

"planned" six seasons

Yikes, really? When will these shows realize they are not all "Lost?" (And "Lost" couldn't even provide a satisfying conclusion, even WITH a carefully scheduled run.)

The current burn-off situation bodes very badly for this show.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

Yikes, really? When will these shows realize they are not all "Lost?" (And "Lost" couldn't even provide a satisfying conclusion, even WITH a carefully scheduled run.)

Agreed.  Except *this* showrunner claims he had all 6 seasons planned from inception, whereas the "Lost" producers were honest that they thought the show would be cancelled in Season 1 so planned one or two seasons ahead at a time.

So technically, this show is supposedly all plotted out, LOL.  I'll believe it when I see it in my Callings.

Edited by Camera One
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

It wasn't Olive's prom dress? Or similar? 
When my niece got married 15 years ago, my sister referred to her wedding dress as a "slip." I think it's a style, especially for fancy occasions?

I thought her prom dress was blue and the one Angelina wore was green?

Slip dress is definitely a style of dresses, yes. But different from "slips" that women used to wear under dresses.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Camera One said:

I'll believe it when I see it in my Callings.

You mean all those phone calls marked "spam risk" that I deleted were Callings?  Well, I failed my trials.  Sorry guys.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The actress playing the Major's daughter is 26, J. R. Ramirez (who plays Jared is 40).

Melissa Roxburgh (Mick) is 28. Matt Long (Zeke) is almost 41. Not far off.

• Useful 1
On 5/8/2021 at 9:08 PM, Scout Finch said:

That's a dress?? (Okay, boomer.)

Me too!  (both). I wouldn’t wander as far as my living room in something like that. But then, I’m no fashion plate. I did cringe a bit for the kid, though. I am enjoying watching the actress, and seeing a bit more range than in her pitiful “Americans” role. 

On 5/7/2021 at 1:55 AM, alvajon said:

To drive the point home (as if we couldn't tell) that Eden is a BABY. Every freaking show does this...over on "New Amsterdam," Max's daughter Luna has been wearing this sort of cap for a year. It's really something you'd put on a newborn. We get it...Eden's a defenseless, vulnerable BABY. But come on...it's such a lame, obvious gimmick.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cameron said:

Does anyone know where those 300 tudor homes are actually located.  Looked up using the address on her phone and it's not there.  Phony address.

I mean, it's a tv show, wouldn't you expect a phony address? Not trying to be snarky, just not remembering this part of the episode you are referring to?