Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Precious Cargo / S03.E08: Destination Unknown

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

44 minutes ago, jabRI said:

I mean, it's a tv show, wouldn't you expect a phony address? Not trying to be snarky, just not remembering this part of the episode you are referring to?

It's where Ben was being held prisoner.  Thought they were really interesting when Michala and her partner were outside searching for Ben.  Would like to look that area up on line.

11 hours ago, cameron said:

It's where Ben was being held prisoner.  Thought they were really interesting when Michala and her partner were outside searching for Ben.  Would like to look that area up on line.

This is not really helpful, but somewhere around NYC, since that is where the show is filmed. Or maybe Long Island?

(edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 10:06 AM, Biggie B said:

To drive the point home (as if we couldn't tell) that Eden is a BABY. Every freaking show does this...over on "New Amsterdam," Max's daughter Luna has been wearing this sort of cap for a year. It's really something you'd put on a newborn. We get it...Eden's a defenseless, vulnerable BABY. But come on...it's such a lame, obvious gimmick.

Huh. Now that you mention it, I recall Walter White's baby always having a cute hat on. 

But babies' hair can change a lot in a very short period of time. For instance, a baby can be born with lots of straight black hair, and within 6 months it's all fallen out and been replaced by brown hair. Or the opposite.
And assuming they're working with twins, the hair of one may be on a slightly different time schedule even if they are likely to wind up in the same place with the same look.
And even just growth. Babies would look funny with haircuts (IMO) and with shooting schedules, not cutting the hair could wind up having a baby with longer hair at the beginning of an episode than at the end.
So hats make sense.

But Eden seems to be seen mostly indoors, so the hat is a little distracting on its own, even if hair variations would be worse.

P.S. I love the name "Eden." Likely nobody is going to want to use it based on having seen it on this show, which is actually a plus to using it. 
       --not that potential grandma's are ever consulted these days when considering baby names

Edited by shapeshifter
On 5/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, LucidDreamer said:

Noah's Ark, because that's a real thing...

Really, show? 

They've also incorporated Egyptian gods and Chinese mythology. I'm not sure why Noah's ark coming into play is such an issue.

• Love 1
On 5/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

The actress playing the Major's daughter is 26, J. R. Ramirez (who plays Jared is 40).

I don't have a big problem with their apparent age difference, considering that within the show Jared is probably supposed to be just a little older than Mick--maybe his character is early or mid-30s to her late 20s. But I do have a problem with the other age-inappropriate romantic relationships: Olive and TJ, and even more Angelina and Pete. Although they seem to be making Olive look older in the last couple of episodes (heavier makeup, I think) and have had dialogue suggesting she is a senior now (that does not seem to fit with the timeline, but maybe @ottoDbusdriver can help with this), I think they are just trying to make the relationship with TJ seem more acceptable. When they first met in current time (not in the flashbacks to waiting to board the plane), she was apparently 15 or at most 16, and he was a college freshman before the plane disappeared so was at least 18 when they met (and was at least 23 in terms of time passing, even if he hadn't aged). Although the age difference was not significant in number of years, it was significant in stage of life and maturity. Plus, they were apparently having this romantic relationship while he was living with her family, though neither parent expressed any concern about this. Still, I wonder if the writers sent TJ to Egypt because they realized this was not a good look, and at the same time they aged her up so that she will also be in college by the time he returns...or else she will get involved with the dark-haired college hunk working on the papyrus.

The apparent age difference between Angelina, who looks the same age or younger than Olive, and Pete was just creepy, so it's just as well that he died before they could have a sexual relationship.

With all these age differences in the characters and actors, I wonder if the writers did this consciously or if it's just another symptom of poor plotting and writing.  

Another question about age differences just occurred to me, in light of Cal's crush on Stella--who looks older than him. Since Cal did not age and (obviously) did not go to school while missing for 5 years, I assume that when he came back he would be in the same grade that he was in before the disappearance. So he will always be 5 years behind his former peers in school, life events, and physical maturity. The writers did address this a bit when he first encountered a former friend who was now Olive's boyfriend (before TJ entered the picture). But what grade or age is Cal supposed to be now, and what grade or age do we think his crush is? I know it's not important relative to the other elements, but given all the other age differences in romantic relationships, I'm a bit worried that with Cal apparently entering puberty we are going to see him having a relationship with a high school girl while he is still in middle school. (Kidding, mostly, but I wouldn't put anything past these writers.) 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Paloma said:

Another question about age differences just occurred to me, in light of Cal's crush on Stella--who looks older than him.  But what grade or age is Cal supposed to be now, and what grade or age do we think his crush is? I know it's not important relative to the other elements, but given all the other age differences in romantic relationships, I'm a bit worried that with Cal apparently entering puberty we are going to see him having a relationship with a high school girl while he is still in middle school. (Kidding, mostly, but I wouldn't put anything past these writers.) 

I think I assumed that Stella was someone in Cal's class.  The actor who plays Cal is currently 13 years old, and the actress who plays Stella has an Instagram which states she is 12, so they are around the same age, it seems.  Real life Stella looks a bit like Olive.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

I think I assumed that Stella was someone in Cal's class.  The actor who plays Cal is currently 13 years old, and the actress who plays Stella has an Instagram which states she is 12, so they are around the same age, it seems. 

Then I guess this is just a case of girls that age sometimes growing taller and developing earlier than boys.