Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Ground Control to Sara Lance

• Start Topic

Con really does Glare of Outrage brilliantly. 

Ava should be in The Hague for mind wiping Bowie. And it really drives home how dull a character she is that she’s unfamiliar with Bowie. She doesn’t have to be a fan but to not even know who he is? She’s so sensitive about being called a clone yet everything about her just reiterates that fact. Broaden those horizons and then we’ll talk.

Sara never liked to be alone? Ava’s just making things up now. She and Alex hooked up before Ava so there’s no reason asking for help should be weird except Ava that is excessively possessive about Sara and can’t handle that she had other hookups and relationships. I still think that she’d be horribly rude at best and try to kill Nyssa at worst if they were to meet. She needs to get over her jealousy about Sara. 

I liked Sara teaming with Spartacus and kicking ass on the ship. They had an Odd Couple vibe and I’m sad he was eaten. 

Of course Gary’s really an alien.

Way to be heavy handed show. We saw everyone show concern about Sara and do their part to help find out what happened yet all anyone could focus on was how Ava was feeling. I get it, Sara was going to propose, but Ava’s not the only one who cares about her nor is she the only one Sara cares about. Con almost died tonight for fuck’s sake! By only focusing on her reaction it diminishes the rest of them.

I like Spooner. Healthy skepticism and attitude. Perfect for a new Legend.

Still shipping Zari and Con. It’s cute they’re both insisting that they’re only casual when it’s clearly not. Take your time guys and you’ll get it.

I like that Nate and OG Zari being together still creeps her out. HE’S the one who doesn’t like to be alone so it’s in his best interest to be single for a while. Don’t hook him up with Astra or Spooner is my point.

• Love 6

I had fun yelling "Damn it, Gary!" when he turned out to be the alien. 

The Legends are fun. They just are. Esperanza looks super familiar, but checking IMDB I don't really watch the things she's on. I like her and her tinfoil hat.

The "Sara never liked to be alone" line felt a little fake. No, Sara likes sex and has fun with people. Not saying loneliness isn't a part of it, but it just didn't sound true. I did kind of hope we could get an awkward moment between her and Alex Danvers. But guessing crossovers during COVID are basically an impossibility. 

• Love 7

It was a good premiere! This is the tone that I wish they'd keep majority of the season. Legends tends to lose me when they go to far into the goofy.

They remember that the DEO exists and could help which was great. I wonder if Alex would've shown up if COVID hadnt happened (though I feel like it shouldn't stop since they film right next to each other but whatever).

Why did Legends put the last 6 seasons of Supergirl to shame in the alien department? Supergirl makes 99% of their aliens boring humans, J'onn is a Martian for 5 seconds an episode but here we got 2 different types of aliens that played major roles. 

Am I excited to have another original character join the show? No. DC has a plethora of characters to use, adapt them (and well)

• Love 6
(edited)

They remember that the DEO exists and could help which was great. I wonder if Alex would've shown up if COVID hadnt happened (though I feel like it shouldn't stop since they film right next to each other but whatever).

I loved that they mentioned Alex and the DEO. It would have been fun to see a mini crossover between the shows this season.

The "Sara never liked to be alone" line felt a little fake. No, Sara likes sex and has fun with people. Not saying loneliness isn't a part of it, but it just didn't sound true. 

I liked that Ava wasn't bothered by her hookup with Alex but that line did annoyed me too. 

This retcon about Gary being an alien feels like a stretch even for this show but it was a fun episode. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They remember that the DEO exists and could help which was great. I wonder if Alex would've shown up if COVID hadn't happened (though I feel like it shouldn't stop since they film right next to each other but whatever).

17 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

I loved that they mentioned Alex and the DEO. It would have been fun to see a mini crossover between the shows this season. 

The Legends must be unaware that Alex quit the DEO (which no longer exists, by the way) after Lex Luthor took it over last year.  She, J'Onn, Brainiac 5, Nia Nal (aka Dreamer), Supergirl,  M'Gann, and Lena Luthor have been working together as an independent group ever since then.

Of course, the REAL crossover that people want to see now is with Nia and Brainy, since they've now time-traveled (they're currently in 2009 Midvale) and have already managed to screw up the timeline in Legendary fashion (see what I did there?)

• Love 1
(edited)

Hey, time-traveling in the Arrowverse with actual experts! I mean, it does go to shit and scatters aliens throughout time . . . but at least they're in the Legends' jurisdiction!

I like how Ava's way of coping is through writing dossiers and predicting how the team responds. I also like how Nate was with her, since he's the most senior member after Sara and Mick. Of course, my fear for other fans is that they'd hook up, which might blow up the fanbase. So fingers crossed THAT doesn't happen.

Awesome that Sara could bail herself out and kick some ass. But, of course, there's Gary. At this point, I'm thinking he's more of a figure representing nerd culture in general rather than being just a really annoying one-dimensional spazz. Of course he was an alien this whole time. Hell, he'll probably have another origin next season.

Still a fun episode. I'm good with Spooner so far. Conzari? Eh, why not? And you gotta love Nate explaining to David Bowie that his Zari is in the totem.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

The Legends must be unaware that Alex quit the DEO (which no longer exists, by the way) after Lex Luthor took it over last year.  She, J'Onn, Brainiac 5, Nia Nal (aka Dreamer), Supergirl,  M'Gann, and Lena Luthor have been working together as an independent group ever since then.

I’m not surprised the Legends are unaware the Superfriends are now independent as there isn’t even have a call button for the Legends in the Tower. Though I’m glad someone brought up contacting Alex. In the first scene where they were talking about little green aliens I was yelling at the TV that they should just call Supergirl. 

I didn’t hate the “Gary has secretly been an alien”. Not sure if it makes much sense with what we’ve seen but at least they didn’t blame it on Crisis (yet). Glad to see Sara handle herself well and Gary wasn’t too bad so I’m looking forward to their adventures in space. I’m kind of tired of the Legends (specifically Sara in this case) causing the timeline screw up they have to fix.

I love how Legends varies its team ups from the Nate/Ava friendship to the random pair of Mick and Behrad. 

New girl seems cool. No attachments and just weird enough fit in with the Legends.

I was never a fan of Nate/Zari but if his pining for her leads him to take a trip into the totem to visit OG Zari I won’t complain. I miss OG Zari.

• Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow is finally back, baby!  Still can't believe this show made it to six seasons and is already up for another one.  D.C.'s Crazy Train should never be underestimated!

So, not only has Sara been captured by aliens, but it turns out that, of course, freaking Gary has been one this entire time.  He "abducted" Sara for his boss/wife (?!), because she apparently feasts on the best of humanity and alien or something, but he naturally finds a way to secretly spring Sara out, because he just loves her and the Legends that much!  Classic Gary, that big weirdo!  But it looks like Sara and Gary failed to jump into that portal, so I guess they're going to crash into some kind of alien planet?  Oh, and there is the whole dropping the cargo full of humans, alien, and Beebo knows what into the time stream, so I'm sure that's going to cause a whole lot of problems.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of her, I keep trying to give Ava the benefit of the doubt most of the time, and I thought she started out well with the whole binder thing and clearly knowing how the Legends would act at first.  But then there was that whole "Sara doesn't like to be alone" thing and then already freaking out when things go a little sideways at the barn (which... getting tied up by a tin-fold hat lady that claims she can communicate with aliens is far from the craziest things this group has gotten themselves into), and I once again wonder why she is the captain, whenever Sara isn't available.  I know some of it was her freaking out over Sara's abduction, but I feel like this always seems to happen when she's in charge.  At this point, I'd trust every other Legend to run the show.  Including a blazed out Behrad or Mick after his tenth beer (for the day.)

Speaking of which, glad that Behrad is a regular now and I enjoyed the pairing of him and Mick.

Astra is still claiming she isn't going to officially be a Legend, but since Olivia Swann is still a regular, I suspect that won't be the case.

Oh, Constantine!  You keep telling yourself that you and Zari's relationship is just a fling, buddy!

Nate didn't do much this episode, but I enjoyed him talking about his screwed up love life with David Bowie (naturally!) and being a support system for Ava throughout the mission.

Still prefer OG Zari, but any Zari is good in my book and I still think Tala Ashe is one of the best performers out of the entire Arrowverse cast.

The Spartacus appearance was fun, although I was slightly bummed it wasn't Liam McIntyre (of course he's already in the Arrowverse as Weather Wizard.)

I suspect we might have gotten a Supergirl/Alex crossover had it not been for COVID, but I did get a kick over how they handled that part.  Despite their ability to go anywhere at anytime, I can totally buy that the Legends don't actually pay attention to what is going on with the rest of the shows!

Spooner has potential.  Recognized the actress and it seems like I mainly know her for bit roles in various shows (Murder in the First, Lucifer, The Night Shift.)

Welcome back, Legends of Tomorrow!  Can't wait for another season of crazy!  Praise Beebo!

• Love 3

Forgot to mention how I laughed hearing the phone ring in the ruins of the DEO. I think that’s a wink to how the Arrowverse shows are staying apart for this season.

• Love 2

So, Alien Gary definitely seems like a retcon since I know we've seen Gary without glasses before, perhaps as recently as AFTER Crisis hit. Still, if they ARE chalking it up to a Crisis change, then what a weird change for Gary to suddenly become another species. I can't say that this won't distract me for a while. It just felt like a weird way to get Sara to interact with another series regular for a while. Plus, too much Gary has always been a miss (see: S4). 

Ava/Sara...meh. I mean, I've never been fond of the couple and I've loathed that Ava's increased presence has decreased Sara's. But I do think Jes did a great job with the material this time around and I did feel something other than neutrality or dislike with Ava/Sara and the proposal stuff, so...that's something. But still, not too fond of Ava becoming the new Captain. 

But, with regards to all of that, Sara was a badass on the alien spaceship and I loved seeing her kick ass and solve her own problems. 

Spooner is an...interesting addition, I guess? It depends what route they take with her, for sure. She could become grating if she continue on the path that they have her on. At least I'm intrigued with her Alien GPS. I assume she was born with the GPS, so to speak, and it's part of her power...or she's an alien herself. That was my first thought, that she was an alien and that's why she's able to track aliens. 

Zari/John is still fairly interesting to me. Hey, it beats Nate/Zari! 

I liked the role of everyone else, although them making Behrad a 100% stoner could be toned down on...a lot. 

I loved Astra and Mick's roles this episode. 

Fun episode, fun premiere, so hopefully it doesn't go season 4 levels of bad. 

• Love 5

TBH, this episode was a bit meh for me. There were a few funny moments, but I cringed at all the marriage proposal scenes (seemed a bit abrupt that Sara suddenly tells David Bowie she's going to propose), and when Gideon called Ava "Captain" twice.

I think the highlight for me was Mick being obviously concerned about Sara's disappearance. I hope they get a scene together when Sara's back. And it's very needed in this episode, because I kinda felt like the team didn't care too much about Sara being gone. They were mostly trying to find Sara for Ava's sake.

I had already guessed that Gary was an alien and the whole alien thing was about his origin story, and that's the reason why Sara is there. At least we got a few Sara fight scenes out of it. Has no one ever seen Gary without his glasses on? And Constantine never noticed the chrysalis the whole time they were sleeping/living together?

Zari/Constantine were rather cute this episode. I'm warming up to them.

• Love 1
(edited)

I could have sworn Gary's been without his glasses before. Also, and I hate to bring up the evil nipple storyline, but why would it have maintained its human form? But hey, now Constantine can say that he's had sex with a pansexual man-eating alien. Guess those glasses are really effective.

Interesting that this is the third Arrowverse show to have its female lead trapped in another dimension/lost in space this season.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Interesting that this is the third Arrowverse show to have its female lead trapped in another dimension/lost in space this season.

They love doing this. Arrow had Oliver doing his own thing in prison for half a season, Iris was in the Mirrorverse, Sara’s in space, and Kara’s in the Phantom Zone. Melissa was the only one with a real life reason for the separation so I think a CW decision maker likes it as a story/character choice. 

You know my first thought when seeing the person I love look like they are in pain would be are you okay? Not say yes to a proposal that they didn't ask yet. But it's Ava and it's always about what she wants first. Also considering the whole point was to find Sara and she didn't even ask Sara if she knew anything about where she is. 

Their engagement probably turned me off the rest of season because I don't want Sara's endgame to be spending the rest of her life with Ava. She deserves so much better. 

Gary being an Alien is a complete retcon. We've seen him without his glasses before. It seems like they just needed an excuse to keep him part if the story since they made him a regular. 

The new girl seems okay. I'll need to see more of her to decide. 

For a premiere it was just okay or it's just my interest in this show is not what it used to be. 

• Love 5

So glad that this show is back. The beginning with Mick was amusing and the rest of the show wasn’t bad. The new girl was okay and seemed to fit in the rest of the cast. 

Did we actually see the DEO destroyed on Supergirl? It was a long time between last season and this season, so I don’t remember if it actually happened. 

(edited)

Welcome back to the Beeboverse/Arrowverse's best show!

I need to know when the CW gave them a bump in budget enough to do an entire season centered around CGI aliens lol. It's definitely appreciated.

Not sure what to think of the new character but for the most part, Legends tends to intergrate new people well in this show so I'll follow whatever direction we're going with her.

For all the talk of Ava here, Gary is the character who most annoys me. If I could pick one person to boot off the show, it'd be him because I've honestly have had enough of him and even retconning him to be an alien hasn't made me like him more.

Ava may not be my favourite character but I like her relationship with Sara because it feels like one of the most grounded relationships I've seen on any of the Arrowverse shows. Would I like more Sara and less Ava & Sara together? Sure because Caity Lotz is a powerhouse but if not, the two of them together don't bug me all that much and if they get married, good for them.

I'm annoyed we didn't get a mini crossover though. It'd been fun to see Alex and other Supergirl characters in the Legends world.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Did we actually see the DEO destroyed on Supergirl? It was a long time between last season and this season, so I don’t remember if it actually happened. 

Yes. Lex himself torched it during the battles with Leviathan. That's why the Superfriends have been operating out of their private tower. But even if the DEO still existed, Alex quit her job there when Lex took it over, and if the Legends had known that, they would never have bothered trying to contact her there.

• Love 2

Welcome back Legends, praise Beebo! I feel like its been forever, but after a few seasons of magic I am excited to do aliens this season. This was a pretty good season premier, with some hits and some misses, but I am just really happy to have this show back again. They also seemed to have had a bump in the budget, those aliens look pretty cool, not like the aliens that always either look like humans or terrible CGI. Gary being an alien is clearly a huge retcon, I don't buy at all that this has always been the plan for him, even if we don't actually know his backstory. I am pretty sure we have seen him without his glasses before, and I would have guessed Neron would have known that Gary wasn't a human when he gave him his magic eye nipple or that Gideon would have realized his DNA is different than a humans. Was it a change in Crisis? Lets say it was Crisis, the giant cosmic retcon to end all cosmic retcons. I don't love it as a plot twist, but if anyone could be an alien who managed to totally bone their assignment to find a most human human then bone the mission to save said person when they become friends, it would be Gary. Gary's Gary no matter what species he is. 

Glad to see Sara getting to kick some alien ass, although I hope she can find everyone again soon, she needs to take over captain duty ASAP. I usually run from "she's alright" to "Ugh shut up" with Ava and her relationship with Sara, mostly because I feel like Ava tends to overtake Sara's importance on the show and has taken up all of Sara's time at the expense of her other relationships, even though I think Jess does fine, so I am hoping to see Sara return to the captains chair sooner rather than later. Ava making the binder of everything the Legends will do that will end up helping to find Sara was funny, but I mostly don't know what qualifies her to be captain besides being Sara's girlfriend. So of course while everyone is upset about Sara disappearing everything is mostly about Ava and Sara contriving to tell young David Bowie that she plans on proposing to Ava and even Sara can only think about Ava and her feelings. I also give serious side eye to that "Sara hates being lonely" comment, sometimes it feels like Ava hardly even knows Sara. Sara did sleep with a lot of people before she got serious with Ava, but it was because it was fun, not because she was just desperate for human connection. Sara has certainly dealt with feeling lonely and isolated, but that's not why she slept with people, and Ava acting like she dated around a lot because of some issue Sara has seems rather insulting. I wish we had gotten a cameo from Alex (damn you COVID) I would have liked to have seen a conversation between her and Ava. I did also like Nate being paired with Ava, honesty Nate might be the most qualified person on the ship to be captain at this point. 

The references to them calling the DEO and the Supergirl cast was a good idea, it makes sense that they would call the resident alien experts even if the DEO isn't around anymore. I like Spooner, but this show already has an enormous cast, I don't know if we have room for another character joining the Waverider. Hopefully she has thrown out a few I Told You So's about being called crazy for saying she was abducted by aliens considering how common aliens are now on Earth 1, especially if everything that has happened on Supergirl is now cannon to this Earth. 

Did something happen with Gideon? She sounded way too gleeful about chopping up brains. I continue to really like Constantine and Zari, come on guys no one is buying the "we're just a fling" thing. I also like how Constantine is freaking out about not being in his element, I feel like watching people from basically different genres interacting (warlock vs aliens) is a fun idea to play with after so much magic stuff. Behrad and Mick were also a fun combo, and I love Mick not giving a single fuck about any captain who isn't Sara. 

I am taking the random appearance by Spartacus as a shout out to the countless Spartacus alums who have been on the Arrowverse, including Sara's assassin ex Nyssa (I miss Nyssa) among others. Also, was that "avenging sucks" supposed to be a Marvel shot? Because if that was, that's super cringy. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why did Legends put the last 6 seasons of Supergirl to shame in the alien department? Supergirl makes 99% of their aliens boring humans, J'onn is a Martian for 5 seconds an episode but here we got 2 different types of aliens that played major roles.

Probably because it's the first episode of the season, so they throw in a little more into the effects budget to draw us in. I'd bet money that the alien chick whatever her name was will be in a human guise the next time we see her and will hardly spend any time whatsoever in her "normal" form to save money, along with nearly all the aliens they run into. It's noteworthy that the vast majority of the aliens in those pods weren't actually seen.

22 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

This retcon about Gary being an alien feels like a stretch but hey, CRISIS!

Fixed that for you. That's what the writers will say if they ever have to acknowledge the fact that Gary being an alien makes no sense.

22 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I like how Ava's way of coping is through writing dossiers and predicting how the team responds.

And how incredibly good Ava seems to be at predicting what each of the Legends is going to do and planning for it. Certainly an improvement over the first time Ava tried to lead the team and being terrible at it despite being the only other member of the team who has actual command experience. Still, Nate would be a lot better leader than Ava by far. Hell, MICK would be a better leader than Ava, she just plain sucks at it.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Did something happen with Gideon? She sounded way too gleeful about chopping up brains. 

I think Gideon was just being sarcastic in her own way,  like,  sure I'm a supercomputer but I might be wrong but let's take her apart and see if I can find anything else. Like in Andromeda when the characters asked her if she could be wrong and she just looked at them like they were idiots,  cause no. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 1
On 5/2/2021 at 6:11 PM, bettername2come said:

The Legends are fun

They are fun again. I skipped all the Constantine in Hell, whiny little bastard crap.  Now he's an equal to everyone else on the team, and he has his soul back (thanks, Spike!), he's much more tolerable.  I don't even mind that Gary was an alien (because of course he was -- this show has never needed stuff like the Crisis to make stuff up).  That just adds to the crazy that was LoT's trademark until Mr Angst joined the crew.

(edited)

I guess I miss the old days of Legends, when people actually had powers and actually used them.  It seems like whenever someone on this team uses powers, the rest of the team acknowledges that and tacitly says "ok, you used your powers, and now there's not enough money left in the budget, so I will just find some excuse not to use mine".

In this case, it appears all the money was spent on the alien CGI and Gary.  Zari used her wind once and Constantine chanted but apart from that... no powers.  I think Nate has completely forgotten he has powers.  I'm not sure if now that Astra is mortal, has she lost her powers?  If she still has them why wouldn't she have aided Constantine?  Mick used his flame gun once.  Ava, Sara and new girl all have no powers.

Taking bets on how many episodes we go before Nate actually uses his steel powers for three seconds and then turns them off again.  I'm saying... five.

I liked Spartacus and I would love to see what other historical figures/warriors have been collected by Gary and the now-dead female alien.  Hoping we can see who else is in those pods in future episodes.  Would have loved to have seen Spartacus join the team... it fits right in line with this show, he's a warrior so they don't need to spend CGI on any powers.

Not sure what to make of Gary being an alien all along.  I don't buy it.  The thing with the third nipple... really?  If he was an alien all along that doesn't really make sense.  And why would an alien take on this persona of a neurotic wimpy human?  I get that they decided to keep Gary full time and therefore needed to have something for him to do, but really.  I don't care for Gary and I would rather they have introduced a new character.

I noticed they toned down the awful platinum blond dye job on Constantine.  It still has blondish tinges but he looks much better with his naturally darker hair, considering they have shown him with dark stubble and chest hair.

23 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, Alien Gary definitely seems like a retcon since I know we've seen Gary without glasses before, perhaps as recently as AFTER Crisis hit. Still, if they ARE chalking it up to a Crisis change, then what a weird change for Gary to suddenly become another species. I can't say that this won't distract me for a while. It just felt like a weird way to get Sara to interact with another series regular for a while. Plus, too much Gary has always been a miss (see: S4). 

Spooner is an...interesting addition, I guess? It depends what route they take with her, for sure. She could become grating if she continue on the path that they have her on. At least I'm intrigued with her Alien GPS. I assume she was born with the GPS, so to speak, and it's part of her power...or she's an alien herself. That was my first thought, that she was an alien and that's why she's able to track aliens. 

I liked the role of everyone else, although them making Behrad a 100% stoner could be toned down on...a lot. 

I'm going with "grating".  What exactly is her role?  She was abducted by aliens so has an alien chip in her head?  That's it?  I find this actress annoying, and I'd be interested to know if that is her real accent.  Because it sounds like some over-the-top "this is what I think people from Texas sound like, y'all" accent that isn't working for me. 

I also feel like they are just trying to check off a box in the name of diversity.  So far in the history of this show, of the core team members, there have been three black females (Kendra, Amaya/Charlie, Astra), two black males (Jax, Wally), one mixed race (Snart), one Asian female (Mona), two middle Eastern characters, several gay/bi characters (Sara, Ava, Constantine, Gary).  They only needed a Hispanic character, an Asian male, and an Indigenous person to complete the slate.

I agree re Behrad... the "I'm a stoner" is getting old.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I liked Spartacus and I would love to see what other historical figures/warriors have been collected by Gary and the now-dead female alien.  Hoping we can see who else is in those pods in future episodes.  Would have loved to have seen Spartacus join the team... it fits right in line with this show, he's a warrior so they don't need to spend CGI on any powers.

It certainly didn't hurt that he was hot, even if he was also a little on the dumb side (or at least of a one-track mind)!

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Another reason for me to dislike Ava, she erased David Bowie making a song about Sara. Sara would've loved that. :D

In my head star man is still about Sara

• Love 1
(edited)

Well.  

It wasn’t terrible.  And I will freely admit my bias upfront and say that I probably would have liked it more if I hadn’t developed such a deep dislike for Ava and Avalance at this point.  As it is...well, let’s just say I would have liked it a whole lot more if Ava hadn’t been front and center.  I am SO not here for Captain Sharpe. And the less said about the engagement the better.  Nyssa.....please come rescue Sara!  Or Alex! I could work with Alex.  

The rest of it was....fine.  *shrug*  I pretty much agree with what every one else has said.  Alien!Gary makes no sense whatsoever.  I mean, I would really like to forget the whole demon nipple thing, but unfortunately it happened, and I’m not sure how the glasses were supposed to work on it once it was bitten off.  Not to mention that I’m pretty sure there’ve been some times that Gary has lost his glasses, so how is that supposed to work? And you’re telling me that Constantine is just now discovering the alien chrysalis in his guest bedroom?  *sigh* Whatever.  The writers clearly don’t care, so I guess we’re not supposed to either. 

As for the rest of it, it kind of seemed like Mick was the only one more worried about Sara than about Ava’s feelings.  Behrad’s super-stoner shtick is getting old.  Zari apparently found time to get six inches of her hair chopped off between meeting David Bowie and watching the video.  Not sure where they’re going with Astra.  So far Spooner is ... fine?    Constantine/Zari are cute...we’ll see how long that lasts.  And Nate is apparently stuck as Ava’s emotional support person, with Sara not on the ship right now.

No surprise - Sara in space is the most interesting storyline for me right now.  If only she was stuck with someone more interesting than alien!Gary.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It wasn’t terrible.  And I will freely admit my bias upfront and say that I probably would have liked it more if I hadn’t developed such a deep dislike for Ava and Avalance at this point.  As it is...well, let’s just say I would have liked it a whole lot more if Ava hadn’t been front and center.  I am SO not here for Captain Sharpe. And the less said about the engagement the better.  Nyssa.....please come rescue Sara!  Or Alex! I could work with Alex.  

Alex is already in a committed relationship with Kelly Olsen, Jimmy's sister. In fact, Alex just asked Kelly to move in with her, and Kelly agreed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Alex is already in a committed relationship with Kelly Olsen, Jimmy's sister. In fact, Alex just asked Kelly to move in with her, and Kelly agreed.

Ah.  Never mind then.  Obviously I haven’t been keeping up with Supergirl. 😄

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I'm somewhat surprised to see mostly positive reactions to Spooner.  I suspect she is going to be Mona 2.0 (which, IMO, is decidedly NOT a good thing).  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I'm somewhat surprised to see mostly positive reactions to Spooner.  I suspect she is going to be Mona 2.0 (which, IMO, is decidedly NOT a good thing).  

I agree.  I find her annoying.  Mona was decent in small quantities but then she got especially irritating, particularly the whole Konane protector thing.

It's funny, when I google for Mona and Legends of Tomorrow, two of the auto-suggestions from Google are "Mona Legends of Tomorrow annoying" and "I hate Mona Legends of Tomorrow".

I'm thinking this Spooner is going to be the same.  The kooky, loud, in-your-face, "how could you not love me" character.  Even her nickname is annoying.  Why can't she be called by her given name of "Esperanza"?  It means "hope" and it's a nice name.

For some reason, I get a lesbian vibe off of her.  If so, I'm sure she's going to be making a play for Ava while Sara is gone, cause, you know, everything on the show these days revolves around Ava and Ava's feelings.  Ugh.

(edited)
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

For some reason, I get a lesbian vibe off of her.  If so, I'm sure she's going to be making a play for Ava while Sara is gone, cause, you know, everything on the show these days revolves around Ava and Ava's feelings.  Ugh.

Good luck with that, since Ava just got engaged to Sara.  Some people actually DO manage to remain faithful to their intendeds for more than five minutes even when separated by circumstances!

Edited by legaleagle53
38 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I’m actually guessing they’ll pair her off with Behrad.  But I don’t really have a good reason for thinking that. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Of course. Now that Behrad is solidified as a member of the team and he's not going to disappear in a puff of time logic he HAS to hook up with the new chick on the team. Either that or shell hook up with Nate. Despite the fact that shoehorning in romance plots have never worked in the history of fiction surely THIS time it'll just be peachy!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

Good luck with that, since Ava just got engaged to Sara.  Some people actually DO manage to remain faithful to their intendeds for more than five minutes even when separated by circumstances!

This is a TV show though and relationship drama always plays a big part and they could try to float the idea especially if they are looking to get rid of Sara the last remaining original team member. So they can focus on their favorites, Ava, Constantine and Gary.

It's not like they care much about writing for Sara's feelings, it's only Ava that matters. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, immortalfrieza said:

Of course. Now that Behrad is solidified as a member of the team and he's not going to disappear in a puff of time logic he HAS to hook up with the new chick on the team. Either that or shell hook up with Nate. Despite the fact that shoehorning in romance plots have never worked in the history of fiction surely THIS time it'll just be peachy!

Eh.  I’m neither pro nor con, but really, at this point, what’s one more? 🤷🏻‍♀️

17 hours ago, Bulldog said:

One episode in & I already love Spooner. I didn't get any Mona vibes at all.

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

This is a TV show though and relationship drama always plays a big part and they could try to float the idea especially if they are looking to get rid of Sara the last remaining original team member. So they can focus on their favorites, Ava, Constantine and Gary.

It's not like they care much about writing for Sara's feelings, it's only Ava that matters. 

They may not care much for Sara as an individual, but I think they’re still invested in Avalance because it’s their main ship and having Ava stray isn’t a good look. Legends hasn’t been great with relationships but I appreciate that they haven’t had love triangles and any misunderstandings are solved pretty quickly. If Behrad has to be in a relationship I hope they follow through with Astra.

I don’t mind Spooner right now. She gives me an early season 3 Zari vibe. She’s used to living alone, attacked the Legends when they first met and now she’s only on the team because she has something the team needs. Time will tell if she becomes more likable.

Sara's only around because of Avalance. If they can get Ava fans to ship her with someone else they would jump at the chance. They seem to hate that Sara was still considered the lead so they made Ava the co-lead and made sure the press and everyone called her that with the stupid co-captains thing. If they can have Ava without Sara they would love it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Ava being the Captain now sticks for good. They'll just go with Sara's to traumatized to be the Captain. Sara will be the new Mick. She'll say some lines, maybe have a fight scene and then spend the majority of her time being Captain Ava's cheerleader. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

16 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

13 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Sara's only around because of Avalance. If they can get Ava fans to ship her with someone else they would jump at the chance. They seem to hate that Sara was still considered the lead so they made Ava the co-lead and made sure the press and everyone called her that with the stupid co-captains thing. If they can have Ava without Sara they would love it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Ava being the Captain now sticks for good. They'll just go with Sara's to traumatized to be the Captain. Sara will be the new Mick. She'll say some lines, maybe have a fight scene and then spend the majority of her time being Captain Ava's cheerleader. 

I don't think Ava will stray but it's obvious that Ava is far and away the writers' and producers' favourite... so anything to give Ava more screentime and more story, at the expense of everyone else.  I fully agree that it's all about Ava now.  Ava is going to remain the Captain even after Sara returns.  "You did a great job minding the ship when I was gone.  You've earned this."

Caity Lotz was a huge draw for the show in the initial season because she was the connection that ensured all the "Arrow" fans would watch.  That's how I started watching this show, before Laurel came back again and I stopped watching "Arrow".  I was invested in her character and wanted to know what happened to her.  I've never cared for Victor Garber or Brandon Routh and I doubt I would have started watching this show if Caity Lotz hadn't been leading it.  At this point however, she has served her purpose.  I can't even remember the last time she was called "White Canary".  Her only purpose now in this alien spaceship storyline is to prop up Gary.  I feel like the writers don't think they need Sara anymore, because this show is All About Ava.  I'm so looking forward to the episode where they develop a catchy theme song for Ava and we will see a montage of her strutting around "her" Waverider and lovingly touching the surfaces and smiling and winking.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. They could have Sara pull a Rip, where she comes back and sees how the team is working so well with Ava now, and then give Ava this big talk about how she has earned her position as the sole Captain of the Legends and they no longer need Sara.

Spoiler

IIRC, Phil Klemmer said what happened during Sara's kidnapping by Bishop would still have an impact after Sara gets back. Sara giving up her Captain's role to Ava because she is too traumatized (and we never see her deal with the trauma) is probably it.

I liked this one. Enjoyed the dig at the Avengers, and I'm fine with the retcon of Gary being an alien as well as engaged. 

I didn't think anything was wrong about the "Sara never liked to be alone" bit. Ava's acknowledging that Sara had an active sex life, nothing deeper than that. She has probably had the most hookups in the Arrowverse besides Oliver. Ava started off very jealous of Constantine, and now has apparently gotten over it knowing that Sara wants to marry her.

Huh, I was a little slow on the uptake. When they showed the chrysalis and Gary as an alien, I thought Gary had been body snatched and replaced by one. I'm honestly surprised they're going with "Gary has always been an alien".

So good to have Legends of Tomorrow back.  It's still one of the shows I enjoy the most and it always delivers.

Sara getting engaged to Ava...I don't know.  I've never had an issue with Ava.  I like the character fine.  But I've resented the "co-captains" nonsense and the fact that the writers don't want to write anything else for Sara that doesn't involve her and Ava.  I think Ava is a logical first officer for the team and her taking over as captain makes sense.  We'll see how the writers handle it and I'm mixed on it so far.  I will say, it's immediately benefiting Nate to be in the first officer role, helping Ava.

I liked Bowie as the historical cameo.  The whole Spartacus thing was just weird, even from this show.

I like Spooner, I think she'll be a good addition on the show.

Gary as an alien works because Gary is pretty damn weird.

On 5/9/2021 at 9:16 PM, snarktini said:

Huh, I was a little slow on the uptake. When they showed the chrysalis and Gary as an alien, I thought Gary had been body snatched and replaced by one. I'm honestly surprised they're going with "Gary has always been an alien".

I just finished a binge of earlier seasons and was looking for this -- wow, the retcon is even more glaring on rewatch! For wacky plot reasons we'll all just roll with it but it's not even a little plausible that OG Gary was an alien all along. Oh well. This show always does benefit from shakeups.

• Love 1