Type keyword(s) to search

Extreme Sisters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Think you’re close to your sibling? Chances are, you have nothing on the stars of Extreme Sisters. The new reality TV series from TLC follows five pairs of sisters who share an “obsessive” and “inseparable” bond. It premieres April 25. 

• Love 1

Oh wow.  Just when I thought things couldn't become more psychologically messy than Smothered or Mama's Boy, TLC continues to exploit the messy and messed up.  Whew chile.  It's interesting that you can pinpoint some trauma (divorce, death of parent, disability, etc) in all of these women's lives that put them firmly on a path in addition to some natural tendencies.  While some have some weird stuff going on (moving to a city, sleeping in bed with husband, etc), the Aussie twins take the cake.  Jesus Christ on a cracker it is uncomfortable.  The weighing of the food and counting of cereal, the tooth extraction, the shared bf, the clear dual surgeries, etc. Their talking heads and their interactions with others is so creepy b/c of their The Shining way of speaking to the camera and to people.

I'm not sure I'm in, TBH, but it's something, I guess.

P.S. Atlanta sisters - I live in Orlando.  Trust, you are fine where you are.  It's fine (I actually like living here a bunch), but visiting and living here are very different things.  Honestly, we don't need no more crazy up in here. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

These twins are annoyingly unpleasant. If the twins from Australia really stand there and pretend one is vacuuming while watching the other twin vacuum they have many screws loose. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

What the hell is wrong with these people? They seriously don’t need a tv show they need deep deep therapy ... not seeing how weird it is that your sister sleeps in a bed with you and your husband ( she was obviously sleeping in her own bed alone when she was living with her parents just weeks ago) keeps a picture of her and her bf in your bedroom and you ignore your husband obviously having an issue with it like it’s his problem is FUCKED up. Seriously if he divorced her I wouldn’t blame him she clearly is choosing her sister over her husband over a simple issue of her sleeping in a separate room. And don’t even get me started on the twins GOD GOD. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11

Twins are always a bit creepy, but those Australian twins need serious help. They've either devised an elaborately pathetic schtick to get on American TV or they are actually living in an untreated OCD spiral and no one is helping them. Even the mom seemed a little afraid of them. Their dentist started off good with that firm "no!" but then he followed it with the waffling about there being no official guidelines. Bro, I bet there are. I'm not admitted to the Dental Society of Down Under or whatever, but I'd wager my best molar that they frown upon extracting healthy teeth so that two grown-ass adult humans "can be the same."

Then there's Patrice and Patrix. Like first of all, may I speak with your mother, ladies? Because I know sometimes we like to give our twins matchy names, but ma'am. That is the same name. Don't act all shocked that they consider dinner their "special private time together" when they banish everyone else. You started this. 

I spaced out toward the end, and when I looked up, there was a pretty but odd/Mormonic widow with seven shrieking children and I kept waiting for her creepy sister to appear, but all we got was a slightly unnerving widower and for more pollywog-looking kids, and I realized TLC Go had pulled a fast one and autoplayed The Blended Bunch after Extreme Sisters ended. Nice try, TLC. I only watched most of that show.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

Those two morons from Australia need help, they should have been cast on "My strange addiction". I think the other sister stories are amped up, at least I hope, but the ones from Australia, she seemed like she was devastated not to have a perfectly good tooth yanked out. And what the heck was with the cereal  counting, they are too f*cked up for words.

• Love 13

The Australian twins were on "Botched" a couple years ago because they were worried one of them had a slightly larger bust than the other.  There was a scene of the two of them in a restaurant obsessively trying to make sure their glasses of orange juice were exactly the same amount.  Disturbed doesn't begin to cover it (though I do think that a reality show has always been their endgame).

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
On 4/27/2021 at 5:13 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

The Australian twins were on "Botched" a couple years ago because they were worried one of them had a slightly larger bust than the other

I was just coming here to comment that in their THs, their breasts don’t look identical. I’ve noticed that with the Silva Twins, too.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I taped this show on my DVR, and at first I was hesitating to watch it but I finally watched it this morning. And all I can say is oh my Jesus, that was so cringey!

All of these twins were cringey, but the ones that made me cringe the most were the Australian sisters, Lucy and Anna. These two are WAY off the meter! And OMG, sharing a boyfriend?! So disturbing! 

So I need help figuring this out. If Anna stubs her toe, does Lucy stub hers intentionally? If Anna gets a paper cut, does Lucy give herself a paper cut? If Anna breaks a bone, does Lucy break hers too? I have so many questions!!! Come on! One won't have a bad tooth extracted because her twin can't take out a good tooth! These two are sick! And it's annoying how hard they TRY to finish each other's sentences.

I wonder if all of these relationships are exaggerated for television or if these people really have some sort of mental health issue. They all need help.

• Love 13

I don't understand the situation with the Pats squared.  They want to move to  be near Disney than what is the issue? The husband? 

The Aussie Twins are just creepy. I think they need therapy and time apart.  Just because you are a twin doesn't mean you have to do everything together or have to be an exact the same (i.e. tooth situation).  Wanna bet those two will end up on Only Fans??

The one who lets her sister sleep in the same bed as herself and her husband. I think that might just be amped up for tv time. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

The "psychic" twins are about as convincing as the Australians who "finish each other's sent--" "SENTtences." It's interesting how often with sets of twin sisters that one will marry and the other won't -- same with Patrice and Patrice or whatever.

Psychic Sidekick wasn't very subtle with her "anxiety" meltdown over her sister's relationship. (Sorry, literally no idea what their names were. Marry-Date and Trashley? IDK.) Girl, you are not "sensing" a damn thing. You're reading the same non-verbal cues most neurotypical adult humans can pick up on, plus a splash of paranoia and three pumps of raging insecurity. Ask for decaf next time.

The bed-sharing creep sister needs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She went off on her whole list of problems and reasons she can't do anything except share a bed with her unwilling brother-in-law. Not a house, but the whole ass bed. The way she presented it, there were only two options: Adult Co-Sleeping or life on the temperate streets of Gig Harbor. I can't tell if she really thinks in such catastrophic dichotomies or she's just a manipulative little bloodsucker. 

• Love 15
On 4/27/2021 at 2:23 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Those two morons from Australia need help, they should have been cast on "My strange addiction". I think the other sister stories are amped up, at least I hope, but the ones from Australia, she seemed like she was devastated not to have a perfectly good tooth yanked out. And what the heck was with the cereal  counting, they are too f*cked up for words.

There were some twins on My Strange Addiction years ago that did the same. Obsessed with being the same as her twin. Same thing, measured out cereal, dated the same guy together. I just can’t handle their voices. The nasal sing-songy trying to harmonize and finish each other’s sentences are too much for my ears.  

• Love 7
On 5/1/2021 at 2:52 AM, magemaud said:

I was just coming here to comment that in their THs, their breasts don’t look identical. I’ve noticed that with the Silva Twins, too.  

The Silva Twins are normal compared to these freaks. 

All of these sisters are hamming it up for the reality fame and money. They think they are cute and are going to be the next Olsen twins. 

Are the sisters who sleep in the same bed with the husband twins?

The creepiest pair are the Australians. 'World's most identical twins' share same boyfriend, plan to get pregnant at same time

The "world's most identical twins" have revealed they plan to get pregnant at the same time to their shared boyfriend.

Anna and Lucy DeCinque, who both live in Perth with their partner Ben Byrne, say they do everything together, including shower and sleep in the same bed.

Now the twins have revealed they want to experience pregnancy together along with their shared lover.

Lucy said: "We want to experience pregnancy together, we want to do everything in life together, we'll die together, we'll grow old together."

They admitted: "We may have to go down the IVF route.

"We will freeze our eggs at the same time, it will be a challenge but we just want to be the same."

The sisters often wear matching outfits and put in a lot of effort to look as identical as possible.

But the pair admit they're prepared to have children of a different gender as long as "they're happy and healthy".

In the past, the sisters have had different boyfriends, but say they're happier sharing Ben with one another.

"Ben treats us equally and it's been equal from day one. There's no jealousy whatsoever.

"He gets double the love, double the attention so he's never complaining. Twinning and winning."

The sisters say they eat, drink, go toilet and shower together. They also take turns to have sex with Ben.

Ben is a non-identical twin.

While the sisters would both like to marry Ben, Australia law prevents polygamy.

Previously the twins, who have admitted undergoing surgery, told The Sun: "We knew some guys might think it was kinky to date twins and see us as a trophy, so we had to feel sure that Ben genuinely liked both of us before we agreed to meet him."

Identical twins claim one 'died' in botched anti-aging cryotherapy treatment

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I thought this was going to be Silva Squared, but it's not.  I agree with those who posted that these women are behaving this way for tv time and nothing else, and the Australian ones belong in a zoo.  I'll give it one more episode, but I'm real close to checking out.  And my sister Mortha agrees with me.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

Okay, so Australian Sister 1 won't take her tooth out because the dentist won't take out Australian Sister 2's teeth? This identical shit might kill Australian Sister 1. WTF is happening? If one needs a heart transplant, what will they do? They are irritating and apparently pretty reckless.

Jessica annoyed me really bad this episode. She's a completely imbalanced kook.

• Love 6

The tooth thing is weird enough but what happens if one of them falls and breaks a bone ? 
The compulsion to be identical in everything needs therapy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Are all of these sets of sisters twins so far?  I honestly can't tell the difference between any of them. They all have issues and I laughed out loud during the psychic sisters barbecue meltdown when the sister cried, "I'm getting bad energy from the chicken your boyfriend prepared." This show is ridiculous, but I will continue watching for the drama and outrageous codependency. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Color me confused. Why didn't the psychic twin with the younger BF know that her sister was so upset with the relationship. She had to hear it on the phone. Thought they were psychic. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

What is with the identical twins married to the identical twins and their "the baby actually has four parents and not two because we share the same DNA?" There's no  hope for such idiocy.

• Love 5

How we managed to stay alive without dry brushing? Our clogged lymphatic systems are killing us...Wut?
The Perth Two’s bf Ben has been their bf for 10 years..he’s our soulmate, he’s our future....

Bet donut to dollars he has a favorite...the one on the left has bigger boobs...she gets sex first then the other one gets her jollies...waiting patiently.

Their TLC spinoff: Aussie Sloppy Seconds

Brooke’s husband Denver’s tattoo is colorfully huge but unfortunately distracts from his handsomeness.

Baylee scratches her BIL’s feet as she sleeps in between them in bed...Denver is clearly traumatized.

Brooke needs to stop letting Baylee drive the bus but is very emotionally crippled and indebted to her twin when she had a baby as a teen.

Baylee uses her virginity to remind Brooke that she is superior to her 🙄

Baylee is hell bent in destroying Brooke/Denver’s marriage.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 5/1/2021 at 7:01 AM, Mothra said:

Holeee shit.

You bet your ass I'm in.

Well I am taping all of the episodes and then will binge watch or binge FF, but I am enjoying reading all of your comments first to see how big the crazy is first!

• Love 5
(edited)

Jess and Christina - interesting. They don't dress as identical, which is good.

I think it is Christina who looks to have had some stuff done to her face. The twin with the shorter hair seems more naturally pretty and hasn't been tweaked yet?

Those two have a similar story to another set of twins, can't remember which, but had a lot of turbulence and instability as children which seems to contribute to the intense relationships. Which on some level I can understand when they only had each other.

Aussie twins finishing each other's sentences - so fake.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 8

Insipid and idiotic all rolled into one. Add a dash of creepy.

Aussie twins and having to be exactly alike. "Dentist won't take out her healthy tooth. I'll just let mine rot. We have to fall pregnant at the same time. We share a husband."

Urghhh.

I like the black twins. They are normal. So far.

• Love 6
On 5/10/2021 at 7:37 PM, mittsigirl said:

Well I am taping all of the episodes and then will binge watch or binge FF, but I am enjoying reading all of your comments first to see how big the crazy is first!

Good call. I FF through a lot of this show. 

• Love 4

The two sisters with the twin husbands creep me out. I know identical twins have a special bond but the way these people behave is not normal in any way, shape, or form. The date they showed on the latest episode with one half of the couples was one of the most awkward things I've ever seen. This is a person you are married to and you can't have a dinner alone with them and have normal free flowing conversation. Imagine not being able to function normally unless a sibling was around.

Jessica may be psycho but Christina and John are just as annoying and immature. Although I suppose John gets a pass since he's basically a baby at that age compared to 37 year olds. Honestly, the whole situation is so toxic and ridiculous.

• Love 6

Yet again I am ashamed of myself for watching this junk. I did not think it could get weirder. The twins married to the other twins. The baby thing. I get a weird partner sharing/swapping vibe. Need therapy myself after watching them!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I know May-December relationships can work, but something is off to me about a 24 year old with zero relationship experience dating a recently divorced 37 year old with two kids and moving into her big house after only 5 or 6 months of dating- seems pretty impulsive and possibly opportunistic of him.  

• Love 3

Out of all the disturbed and disturbing pairs on this show, the lawyer twins married to the doofus twins are the biggest nightmare for me. The first three seconds they were on screen, stage-whisper-giggling with that saliva clacking around in their maws, like eating CHOACKLIT in the DARK was the most hilarious and quirky thing that only twins would think to do, I was already yelling for someone to mute the TV. There’s hardly a full brain between the two of them. I wouldn’t let them represent me pro bono.

Shouldn’t people admitted to the bar in at least one hapless state understand that a child cannot have “four biological parents” in any legal or logical sense, no matter what slapdash claims one makes about DNA? 

I cannot imagine being married to someone for two years, yet afraid to go on a solo date with him. I’ve had better conversations with the people seated next to me on an airplane. What is it like to have a career, a husband, a shared baby, but no soul?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 5/3/2021 at 7:06 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

There were some twins on My Strange Addiction years ago that did the same. Obsessed with being the same as her twin. Same thing, measured out cereal, dated the same guy together. I just can’t handle their voices. The nasal sing-songy trying to harmonize and finish each other’s sentences are too much for my ears.  

I figured out the voices. Has anyone watched the original "Grey Gardens" documentary from 1975? They sound just like whackjob Edith Bouvier Beale. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/14/2021 at 2:35 PM, snarkish said:

On 5/3/2021 at 7:06 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

I figured out the voices. Has anyone watched the original "Grey Gardens" documentary from 1975? They sound just like whackjob Edith Bouvier Beale. 

The Australian twins remind me of this: 

I noticed that in the twins married to twins foursome, the wife who parts her hair on the left is married to the husband who parts his hair on the right and vice versa. I believe they are what is called “mirror twins.” I have a friend with a mirror twin and one is right handed and the other left handed. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/14/2021 at 11:35 AM, snarkish said:

I LOVED Grey Gardens!  
WTF with Bailey and Brook’s mom’s hair/look!?

Edited by For Cereals
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

The Australian twins remind me of this: 

I noticed that in the twins married to twins foursome, the wife who parts her hair on the left is married to the husband who parts his hair on the right and vice versa. I believe they are what is called “mirror twins.” I have a friend with a mirror twin and one is right handed and the other left handed. 

Maybe it's just me, but I would appreciate a spoiler tag when you post sensitive material like this.  TIA.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Who names their daughter, “Ace” and considers the name, “Messer” for any child?

It isn't really Ace.  It's Candace--all the women in the family are named Candace, as the mother explains, "Like George Foreman, George Foreman, George Foreman"--and are referred to by middle names.

I am deeply ashamed that I pay close attention to this show.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Mothra said:

It isn't really Ace.  It's Candace--all the women in the family are named Candace, as the mother explains, "Like George Foreman, George Foreman, George Foreman"--and are referred to by middle names.

I am deeply ashamed that I pay close attention to this show.

Yes, I heard this after I posted my comment. I with you on feeling the shame. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 4/27/2021 at 3:23 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Do these two always dress for a cocktail party that never happens?  Their mother, too, seemed ready for a Rob Roy while just hanging around the house alone.  The three of them have a penchant for velour that I wonder about, too--is Australia ever chilly enough for velour during the daytime?  And while I'm being picky, Mom's dress looked home-made (and there's nothing wrong with that; in fact hooray for home-made), so now I'm wondering if someone (Mom?) makes the twins' outfits, too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Do these two always dress for a cocktail party that never happens?  Their mother, too, seemed ready for a Rob Roy while just hanging around the house alone.  The three of them have a penchant for velour that I wonder about, too--is Australia ever chilly enough for velour during the daytime?  And while I'm being picky, Mom's dress looked home-made (and there's nothing wrong with that; in fact hooray for home-made), so now I'm wondering if someone (Mom?) makes the twins' outfits, too.

Are they all independently wealthy? I really wanted to bitch-slap the twin who was talking about how terrible the world is for them right now with all the regulations!  Oh, the inhumanity!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I was only half paying attention with this on in the background but did she just say her husband got his shit together got cleaned up and got off drugs? so he did all that BUT she cant have her sister sleep in another room? she cant dare be that far apart from the woman that sleeping under the same roof is just not close enough? what a fucking selfish bitch I'm sorry the only thing he is asking is for personal space and boundaries in their bedroom and she cant even give him that? that is beyond fucked up and selfish ... dude run far far away from this train wreck of a woman .. let them be spinster sisters and go be happy with someone else because any man is gonna be 4th in their lives no matter what if she is this codependent about not having her sleep in another room and crying about it like asking her to stay in a room down the hall is like death .... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, Mothra said:

Maybe it's just me, but I would appreciate a spoiler tag when you post sensitive material like this.  TIA.

Oh, Mothra, I’m so sorry! I forgot those twins singing must be hard for you to resist. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Oh, Mothra, I’m so sorry! I forgot those twins singing must be hard for you to resist. 

I just flew back from Kyoto, and boy are my wings tired.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1