Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Three Little Words

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Also a case of opposites. He’s a serious deep thinker and she’s just over here eatin her doughnuts. But unlike E&V, I feel like these two balance each other out and compliment each other. If he will just “get there” emotionally, I think they will be ok.

I think they could be OK too. I can't remember what Ryan's job is, but sometimes people just work because they have to, not because they are driven by a passion for whatever they're doing - and Clara may have a passion for things in her life that aren't work. I know a lot of people who like their jobs fine, but aren’t passionate about them, especially after the recession where some people just took jobs because they needed jobs and couldn’t afford to wait for The Perfect Job. I also know people who just aren’t career-oriented and never will be, but they throw themselves into hobbies or volunteering or parenting or taking care of other family members.

I think Ryan has some "I am my ancestors' wildest dreams" stuff happening as a Black man, and Clara doesn't have those same pressures. Ryan does seem more serious than Clara, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing assuming she can be serious when the situation calls for it and he can loosen up a little.

... And she should eat some vegetables. Not even for Ryan; at some point, her doctor is going to tell her to eat some vegetables. We need to eat vegetables. 

7 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Jake would've been happier about the shirts if they were from a woman who really liked & cared about him. Haley wants to make him more acceptable for her. She wasn't putting anything over on him as his expression said it all. He knew & I felt sad for him, because she's already told him she's not attracted, now she's trying to change him to fix that, which won't work. I think Jake wants to be set free but Haley is trying to 'play the show' out.

Yep. On d-day, he's going to call it. He's smarter than Haley is giving him credit for. 

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Jake would've been happier about the shirts if they were from a woman who really liked & cared about him. Haley wants to make him more acceptable for her. She wasn't putting anything over on him as his expression said it all. He knew & I felt sad for him, because she's already told him she's not attracted, now she's trying to change him to fix that, which won't work. I think Jake wants to be set free but Haley is trying to 'play the show' out.

1 hour ago, JAndy said:

I feel like if a man bought a women clothing on the show though, it wouldn’t be perceived as well. She basically was saying she’s buying the clothing because she doesn’t like what he wears. 

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t find that to be thoughtful - it was for her, not him.

1 hour ago, spunky said:

I'm officially done with Paige.  She keeps dragging God into her bad decisions and I'm not here for it.

When Pastor Dwight quoted James1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all of his ways".  That was him very professionally and subtly telling her to GET OUT. Does she need a flashing neon sign telling her to leave?

Lord, woman, this man's own pastor is telling you to RUUUUNNNN.

56 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I think she did him a big favor picking out those shirts.  In the future, maybe he'll have better luck finding a woman when he's dressed in normal casual wear, instead of those (unfunny and maybe even off-putting to some people) "message" t-shirts.   

Does anyone think that maybe Hailey did not buy those shirt, but maybe they were provided by production? Like they are pulling her aside and asking what is wrong and she says her usual...I don't know...maybe if he dressed better....and boom. Some lackey was sent out to get those shirts and cheap gift bags. 

The reason is that I think this is I just do not see Hailey putting that much effort in Jake. I mean what size does a man with muscles that big wear in regular shirts (sometimes dress shirts can be different sizes then t-shirts)? My own brother wears an XXL and he has much smaller arms. I think Hailey knows she is not staying with Jake and might just be a little to polite or nice or shrewd enough to say it on camera.

Jake knows Hailey is done with him and just wants clarification, so he could move to the separate bedroom and not get his hopes up.

He really did look like a ranch hand in the checked shirt.  Jake might have women all over him if he dressed a little better but he would probably rather have a woman who loves him for his true self, which includes his quirky wardrobe. 

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

I think Jake wants to be set free but Haley is trying to 'play the show' out.

Jake even told her that - "Let's just agree to get through this as friends," but she keeps saying she wants to make it work. I am glad they had that conversation about her not being attracted to him because he just wasn't getting it and kept wondering. I do feel bad for him, but I am glad that the guys liked his house. 

People keep saying that Jake should date her friend instead, but I think the main reason Haley went on this show is that all her friends are married and she felt left out, so I doubt that her married friend would leave a relationship for Jake.

I won't even watch when Paige and Chris are on. I saw a bit of them but when they decided to RESET, that was my final straw. (LOL - my final final straw!)

I just wonder if Ginny has any kind of intelligence. All she says is, "yeah," to anything he says, while her face says the opposite. Maybe he doesn't give her enough time to talk while he keeps explaining life to her. She is very insecure, but seemed happy when he said he loves her. That is not going to be enough when he wants to have kids and can't get her off the booze.

Sorry, Vincent and Brianna are boring. They will be fine without the production directed drama.

I am interested in seeing next week with Dr. Viv and Clara coming right out saying that she wants sex and he won't give it to her.

3 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Does anyone think that maybe Hailey did not buy those shirt, but maybe they were provided by production?

I don''t think anyone buys anything on this show. I believe they are all getting money for presents.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Does anyone think that maybe Hailey did not buy those shirt, but maybe they were provided by production? Like they are pulling her aside and asking what is wrong and she says her usual...I don't know...maybe if he dressed better....and boom. Some lackey was sent out to get those shirts and cheap gift bags. 

The reason is that I think this is I just do not see Hailey putting that much effort in Jake. I mean what size does a man with muscles that big wear in regular shirts (sometimes dress shirts can be different sizes then t-shirts)? My own brother wears an XXL and he has much smaller arms. I think Hailey knows she is not staying with Jake and might just be a little to polite or nice or shrewd enough to say it on camera.

Jake knows Hailey is done with him and just wants clarification, so he could move to the separate bedroom and not get his hopes up.

He really did look like a ranch hand in the checked shirt.  Jake might have women all over him if he dressed a little better but he would probably rather have a woman who loves him for his true self, which includes his quirky wardrobe. 

No I don't believe that.

She got a chance to shop. That is probably also something she enjoys doing. So, in a way, it was all for her. 

Also, that was a way to make it look like she is putting in effort while doing an activity that didn't involve him.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Jake even told her that - "Let's just agree to get through this as friends," but she keeps saying she wants to make it work. I am glad they had that conversation about her not being attracted to him because he just wasn't getting it and kept wondering. I do feel bad for him, but I am glad that the guys liked his house. 

People keep saying that Jake should date her friend instead, but I think the main reason Haley went on this show is that all her friends are married and she felt left out, so I doubt that her married friend would leave a relationship for Jake.

I won't even watch when Paige and Chris are on. I saw a bit of them but when they decided to RESET, that was my final straw. (LOL - my final final straw!)

I just wonder if Ginny has any kind of intelligence. All she says is, "yeah," to anything he says, while her face says the opposite. Maybe he doesn't give her enough time to talk while he keeps explaining life to her. She is very insecure, but seemed happy when he said he loves her. That is not going to be enough when he wants to have kids and can't get her off the booze.

Sorry, Vincent and Brianna are boring. They will be fine without the production directed drama.

I am interested in seeing next week with Dr. Viv and Clara coming right out saying that she wants sex and he won't give it to her.

Bingo....thanks for answering why Hailey went on the show. She is embarrassed at being the 3rd, 5th, and 7th wheel in her group of friends and not because she actually wants to put the time and effort into being in a relationship.

I once saw this horrible movie with Jennifer Anniston. She was at a wedding and the bride asked all the unmarried women to assemble for the traditional throwing of the bouquet. Jennifer A was the only in who came forward since all the rest of the women were married. The bride just handed her the bouquet because it would be stupid to throw it with only one person standing there.

I bet this is how Hailey is feeling. I was often the third wheel in college and actually really enjoyed hanging out with my friends and their boyfriends. My friends liked that the boyfriends did not mind me but I also made sure never to cross the line and flirt with them. I actually became quite good at being the third wheel.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

No I don't believe that.

She got a chance to shop. That is probably also something she enjoys doing. So, in a way, it was all for her. 

Also, that was a way to make it look like she is putting in effort while doing an activity that didn't involve him.

She’s making up for going to see Paige all night the night before instead of working things out with her husband.  She’s very cunning, always having to have the last word and putting him in his place.  She’s always right, she thinks.  If he comes back at her, she gets very defensive.

• Love 10

Is Erik blind or what?  Does he not see that his wife has to have a drink in her hand morning, noon and night?  She probably doesn’t even remember having sex when they do, as by then she’s probably bombed.  She can’t have a baby.  She doesn’t want a baby.  She’d have to stop the alcohol.  Why is he so crazy about her?  Plus, he talks too much to change the subject.  He’s a wimp.

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

He went along with it.  He has manners.  That’s what I like about him.  He’s respectful, kind and soft spoken.  But no fool.  She makes fun of his house, his clothes, the 80’s and just about everything.  Who exactly does she think she is?  Why didn’t someone snatch her up by now?

I'm still waiting to see what's wrong with this guy besides his 80's thing, which with the right person - & OFF teevee - would probably be downplayed more in his life. It seems from Unfiltered that the women don't like him, maybe because they're all good friends with Haley, but both Paige & Brianna had obvious attitudes toward him there (haven't noticed too much with Clara yet).

Paige is no Christian - she's a paid 'actor' or just a bitch. First off & most important her story line is offensive to women. Also, she couldn't get far enough away from Jake when they were on together on the Unfiltered but she's okay having sex with someone like Chris. Yeah, no, GTFO. Then she's at Jake's home & felt it was okay to make fun of his dogs. Someone else did with her I think but she was the worst laughing at them. Jake was very patient but I'd want them all to GTFO of my home & life. Maybe he did call them out on it that's why they don't like him.

Might be an UO but I find the women this season (yes including Brianna who has also shown attitude toward Jake & who knows why, with her man-baby Vinny she has to feel superior to while she tortures him with that obnoxious baby voice) to be a bunch of mean gurls.  (again, maybe not Clara; haven't seen enough yet)

ETA: I don’t like the men either except for Jake until I find out what heinous thing he’s done to deserve their ire 

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Jake was very patient but I'd want them all to GTFO of my home & life. Maybe he did call them out on it that's why they don't like him.

You can tell Jake wouldn't interact with these people, including Haley, were it not for the show. I think he was shading Virginia when she wanted a cookie for being on time for work once, subtly pointing out that she was on "Virginia time." Virginia giggled because she clearly thinks it's cute that she's late all the time (people, including her job, must be letting her get away with it), but Jake does not (and neither would I).

28 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Does he not see that his wife has to have a drink in her hand morning, noon and night?

I think he's getting it - I think he was surprised that she wanted a mimosa at all, and then when she said she barely uses any OJ, I think he was put off. I don't think it's putting him off as much as it would me, but I do think he's noticed.

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yep. On d-day, he's going to call it. He's smarter than Haley is giving him credit for. 

I actually think Haley would welcome him being the one to say "no" so she doesn't come off looking like the bad one.   Then he can give her a hug, walk off the set and go on to eat his steak and eggs.  

Now that I think about it, maybe he should have been paired with Clara.  He could chow down on the steak and eggs, and she could chow down on donuts and cookie dough.   

Edited by Crashcourse
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm still waiting to see what's wrong with this guy besides his 80's thing, which with the right person - & OFF teevee - would probably be downplayed more in his life. It seems from Unfiltered that the women don't like him, maybe because they're all good friends with Haley, but both Paige & Brianna had obvious attitudes toward him there (haven't noticed too much with Clara yet).

Paige is no Christian - she's a paid 'actor' or just a bitch. First off & most important her story line is offensive to women. Also, she couldn't get far enough away from Jake when they were on together on the Unfiltered but she's okay having sex with someone like Chris. Yeah, no, GTFO. Then she's at Jake's home & felt it was okay to make fun of his dogs. Someone else did with her I think but she was the worst laughing at them. Jake was very patient but I'd want them all to GTFO of my home & life. Maybe he did call them out on it that's why they don't like him.

Might be an UO but I find the women this season (yes including Brianna who has also shown attitude toward Jake & who knows why, with her man-baby Vinny she has to feel superior to while she tortures him with that obnoxious baby voice) to be a bunch of mean gurls.  (again, maybe not Clara; haven't seen enough yet)

ETA: I don’t like the men either except for Jake until I find out what heinous thing he’s done to deserve their ire 

Very simple.  Jake has all their numbers, and they know it.  He’s no fool.  It bothers them.  F um all.  Obnoxious bitches.  What happened to Vinny?  Didn’t want to come to Jakes house?  He’s a weirdo too.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Chris is going to dare to be mad at the Pastor for not coming to him first? Oh no buddy. You get no more say in Paige’s life. She needs to cut ties and go. He wants his cake (well two) and to eat it too. 

I was waiting for him to say, once again, that it was "disrespectful" for him to meet with her. But Chris disappointed me again and didn't say it. Chris, if everyone around you is "disrespectful" to you, do you think it might be you and not them you marble mouthed dolt?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Is Erik blind or what?  Does he not see that his wife has to have a drink in her hand morning, noon and night?  She probably doesn’t even remember having sex when they do, as by then she’s probably bombed.  She can’t have a baby.  She doesn’t want a baby.  She’d have to stop the alcohol.  Why is he so crazy about her?  Plus, he talks too much to change the subject.  He’s a wimp.

I really do not get it, either. When he was saying that she is the first person that he truly loved since his ex-wife and he has dated many women, I was like...say what?  If he just wanted to have a young cute thing on his arm there are plenty of women Virginia's age who do not drink like a fish and probably would welcome the chance to settle down and have children.

He would seem less controlling because they would probably not be passed out on various couches when he has to be off for his job. I don't think he is perfect but he seems totally smitten with Virginia when it seems like he would go much more for a Hailey type (who is not much older than Virginia).

• Love 17
31 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think it's pretty telling that the women seem put off with Jake.  I don't think it's his fault though.  I think he's unaware that he has a rather intense, creepy demeanor, and I think a lot of women and men don't get his sense of humor.  He's the kind of guy you'd really have to get to know over a period of time, but if you'd only known him for a few weeks, you might write him off.   

Regarding Haley, specifically, throw in sex that might have been bad, then there's nothing there to look forward to.  I could see them parting amicably though.        

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think he's getting it - I think he was surprised that she wanted a mimosa at all, and then when she said she barely uses any OJ, I think he was put off. I don't think it's putting him off as much as it would me, but I do think he's noticed.

I agree. I think he notices but he likes (loves?) her and he’s letting it slide right now. I think if he wasn’t into her, it would be a bigger deal 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, qtpye said:

Jacob has a nice chest and his arms are a good size. Bird chested Chris should look at him to see what a real huge chest looks like. 
It felt like Haley was much more excited to be in Paige’s bed than with Jacob...not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I love Seinfeld. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I just wonder if Ginny has any kind of intelligence. All she says is, "yeah," to anything he says, while her face says the opposite. Maybe he doesn't give her enough time to talk while he keeps explaining life to her.

OMG yes! When they were playing golf (very badly) and he basically said "Well this was my first time away and it went well" and she just stood there shuffling around! Why didn't she speak up and tell him to stop telling her how she feels, and maybe ASK HER how she thought it went? It was so frustrating when she just mumbled "I think there should have been a little more communication" and then stared off into distance! He should have been called out - if you expect me to text you every 10 minutes when I leave the house, I expect a little more from you as well. And by the way, I DIDN'T think it went well!

He needs get off his high horse and stop acting like her dad. It's creepy. Also, he's in his thirties, not his eighties - he hasn't lived long enough to claim to be so world weary and wise.....

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Erik was ready to love and would have fallen in love with whomever they plunked down in front of him. 

Isn't that what each person cast for MAFS signed on to do (rhetorical question)?

To grow love with any one "the experts" (production) match them with?

Erik, Clara, Briana, Jake actually read the memo.....

The rest's memo is in their spam box....

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

It felt like Haley was much more excited to be in Paige’s bed than with Jacob...not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I knew right then there.  She would rather talk with Paige than work things out with Jake.  It’s over and done.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Very simple.  Jake has all their numbers, and they know it.  He’s no fool.  It bothers them.  F um all.  Obnoxious bitches.  What happened to Vinny?  Didn’t want to come to Jakes house?  He’s a weirdo too.

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

You can tell Jake wouldn't interact with these people, including Haley, were it not for the show. I think he was shading Virginia when she wanted a cookie for being on time for work once, subtly pointing out that she was on "Virginia time." Virginia giggled because she clearly thinks it's cute that she's late all the time (people, including her job, must be letting her get away with it), but Jake does not (and neither would I).

He definitely wouldn't, nor would they as he & the rest are just too different. Where we are right now it looks to me like even with all his quirks Jake is the adult in the room this season. He knows who he is & is comfortable with it. He's in this for the right reasons since he's going along with every BS request made of him (give up his interests, wear different clothes, have a production inspired 'pool party' so the gurls could make fun of his house & dogs). He's older than everyone, & that may be part of the issue since the others seem a bit stunted.

• Love 11

I am once again calling out the process by which they choose participants.  For one thing, I question the alleged number of people who apply for this “ experiment” and how much actual “ vetting” is done. I had more people contacted from my personal and work life by a Federal employer than these people do. Otherwise, why do they not know ahead of time that Chris is/ was in a serious relationship only 6 weeks before he walked down the aisle. Why weren’t Hailey or Virginia’s drinking habits ( which appear excessive to me) noted somewhere along the line. Why are there not questions about how comfortable people are with physical affection, premarital sex or even pets asked?  Why is their no probing of what they feel has been a problem in past relationships?  These ladies that obviously prefer being out with friends or men who have difficulty with workaholism are never discovered until they move in with a spouse.  I’m convinced that the only people who are choosing these people are “casting agents”.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Why are there not questions about how comfortable people are with physical affection, premarital sex or even pets asked?

In some of the scenes in the matchmaking shows, they always show Dr Viv asking these questions. Some of the answers are really bizarre, but I don't remember if we actually see the clips from the people who are selected. That would make an interesting show. I would love to see the clips of the interviews of the people they selected after we have gotten to know them. Which they will NEVER show because then we would all see what we already know. These people were not selected for any reason other than drama and a wishful maybe it will work. And we also know that they lie, as evidenced by Jamie and Elizabeth both admitting to lying saying they want to have kids, when neither of them did- at the time.

ETA: We also know they ask about pets because, in some cases, they match them just because they both like cats (or dogs).

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 4

I think that the fact that Clara keeps telling Ryan how easily and often she falls in love is giving him pause as it may be a red flag that she doesn't really understand what love is and that it needs to last through ups and downs.  I get that Clara feels that Ryan is too serious, but I think he is really trying to get to know her which involves knowing how she thinks.  I know that she feels frustrated (because she keeps telling us) but she should also maybe consider that the way she always did things did not apparently work out for her so maybe she should be willing to take more time before sex.

As soon as Paige said that she would do whatever God led her to do in the morning I knew that she uses God as a "crutch" to deny responsibility for her decisions and actions.  I agree with others that if Chris' own pastor tried to steer her away from Chris that she should have seen that as God trying to provide direction to her (since she wasn't listening to Pastor Cal or any of the other new marrieds).  Chris seems to not be able to tolerate not being the center of attention.  The way he just cut off Pastor Dwight is just another red flag and a great insight into him.

Virginia needs help that Eric is not able to provide.  Until she acknowledges that she has a drinking problem, she will not slow down.  Maybe his declaration of love will provide the stability for which she may have been looking.

"That's so Vinny" for him to be angry about not being the best dancer.

Haley needs to just agree with Jake about being friends for the remainder of their contracts.  That way they can both relax about the marriage and their issues.  Just be friends with no expectation for anything more and maybe, finally, have some fun.

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Where we are right now it looks to me like even with all his quirks Jake is the adult in the room this season.

I agree. I've thought so since the end of honeymoon dinner when he was like, fuck all this drama, I just want my food to get here (I'm paraphrasing). I would put Ryan second.

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Haley needs to just agree with Jake about being friends for the remainder of their contracts.  That way they can both relax about the marriage and their issues.  Just be friends with no expectation for anything more and maybe, finally, have some fun.

I agree, Jake gave her an "out" and she should have taken it, but she didn't want to look bad.  However, towards the end of this episode, I started to think that they were in a place where they could just be comfortable with each other until the end of the experiment.  I hope that's the case.

• Love 5

Vincent's pouting at the salsa lesson...It's been my fantasy since about Season 2 that the couples wear shock collars and are viewed in real time by experts who will shock them whenever they do something stupid. I would have shocked Vincent there. I would have given a mild shock to Ryan for going on too long about his goals. I would have given Clara a mild shock for her comment back. I would have shocked Virginia every time she reached for alcohol. I would have turned up the juice and given Paige a big shock for considering getting back with Chris. Okay, I know they'll never use shock collars. But it seems like in the earlier shows, the couples had more interactions with the experts who would show them clips of when they did good things for building the relationships and clips of "mistakes."

As to Chris, I think he's only back because he knows he's going to come across as a bad guy when the show airs, and he wants to rehabilitate his image. Paige, Paige, Paige, just walk away and keep away. He lied to the show; he lied to his ex-fiance. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
51 minutes ago, Kip1 said:

Vincent's pouting at the salsa lesson...It's been my fantasy since about Season 2 that the couples wear shock collars and are viewed in real time by experts who will shock them whenever they do something stupid. I would have shocked Vincent there. I would have given a mild shock to Ryan for going on too long about his goals. I would have given Clara a mild shock for her comment back. I would have shocked Virginia every time she reached for alcohol. I would have turned up the juice and given Paige a big shock for considering getting back with Chris. Okay, I know they'll never use shock collars. But it seems like in the earlier shows, the couples had more interactions with the experts who would show them clips of when they did good things for building the relationships and clips of "mistakes."

As to Chris, I think he's only back because he knows he's going to come across as a bad guy when the show airs, and he wants to rehabilitate his image. Paige, Paige, Paige, just walk away and keep away. He lied to the show; he lied to his ex-fiance. 

There’s no way that shock collar would last through one episode of Virginia’s drinking. Even with Energizers, Chris and Paige would kill it dead. 

This episode was boring. I didn’t like how Jake assumed Hailey would be agitated IF he had texted her but that aside, I agree that he seems the most stable man of this disappointing season. Everyone else has issues.

Clara should get a toy to get herself together and tell Ryan to go give a motivational speech to a plate of vegetables while she’s otherwise occupied.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 3

Holding out hope for Clara and Ryan.  Holding out hope for Brianna and Vincent. That sulking Vincent crap needs to get shut down.  The next time it happens, Brianna needs to say "I see something has upset you, when you are ready to talk about it, let me know" and leave.  He'll stop very quickly if she doesn't take the bait and feed those insecurities.  My husband pulled that once when we were dating and I had him leave calmly saying "hey somethings bother you. I want you to go home. If you want to talk about it let me know."  Never happened again.

It's too bad there's not a Marriage 101 that some of these folks could attend.  Some have no good examples of what is normal shit-to-work-through and what is unacceptable. Virginia has no clue. I hope she can step up and become a mature woman. I say this for Erik cuz I love him and want him to be happy!  

Jake. Jake. Jake. Jaime wasn't initially attracted to Doug and Doug handled that so much better than Jake.  Jake tries for brief moments to be mature but can't keep it up.  For example, "Thank you for the clothes that was nice BUT..."  I think Haley could work it out if he was fun/reasonable/not quirky and not attractive to her OR very attractive to her and not so fun/not so reasonable and quirky.  There'd be a place to go.  Grow more attracted or work on personality stuff.  

PAIGE! How many times do you need to touch that stove to know it BURNS?!?  My god, just open the door and crawl in...

I did a little research (not being a Christian).  Paige said early on "god never gives us more than we can handle".  That is the exact OPPOSITE of what is actually written.  What I discovered is this comes from the Christian new testament and the writings of Paul.  He wrote, “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).   What it's saying is that god doesn't give you a temptation you cannot resist.  In Paige's case I would think her NOT having sex with Chris is the temptation she needs to bear!!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

When Ryan asked Clara what motivates her, she should have responded "great ANY KIND OF sex, good, bad, short, long, top, bottom, sideways, vanilla, any entrance hole, exit hole, doggy, reverse cowgirl, lights on, lights off any and everything you got to offer sweet cheeks."  

Fixed it for you.....

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

WHY is Paige talking to this Pastor? Why is the show dragging out this fake storyline with these two, ugh! 

I'm not the only one shipping Paige with one of The Pastors, right? Come on, show. Bring Paige back for another season. Paige and I share the same faith (I don't know what denomination she is).  I don't know what she needs to see/hear to see the giant red flags that read NOT THIS ONE. Chris says his indecision is about his kid, but didn't he tell Paige he was in love with his ex?  Also, his idea of comforting his ex at a funeral is to have unprotected sex. Like, couldn't you just send flowers, champ? Why would Paige want to "start over" with this tool?

17 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I like Ryan and Clara. I hope they make it. Also a case of opposites. He’s a serious deep thinker and she’s just over here eatin her doughnuts. But unlike E&V, I feel like these two balance each other out and compliment each other. If he will just “get there” emotionally, I think they will be ok. I think her comments on Unfiltered say a lot - that he doesn’t commit easily but once he does he is all in.

I'm rooting for them, too. I think Clara could bring some lightness to Ryan's life, and Ryan brings some seriousness to Clara's. It also helps that both are quirky but likeable.

4 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I am once again calling out the process by which they choose participants.  For one thing, I question the alleged number of people who apply for this “ experiment” and how much actual “ vetting” is done. I had more people contacted from my personal and work life by a Federal employer than these people do. Otherwise, why do they not know ahead of time that Chris is/ was in a serious relationship only 6 weeks before he walked down the aisle. Why weren’t Hailey or Virginia’s drinking habits ( which appear excessive to me) noted somewhere along the line. Why are there not questions about how comfortable people are with physical affection, premarital sex or even pets asked? 

It's like how American Idol would also purposely include bad /oblivious singers just for Simon to humiliate. They only LIGHTLY screen for serious personality disorders or mental health issues, but don't filter all that stuff out because it's Fuel for Drama. But as Briana said, it's hard to watch.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Devvie said:

Holding out hope for Clara and Ryan.  Holding out hope for Brianna and Vincent. That sulking Vincent crap needs to get shut down.  The next time it happens, Brianna needs to say "I see something has upset you, when you are ready to talk about it, let me know" and leave.  He'll stop very quickly if she doesn't take the bait and feed those insecurities.  My husband pulled that once when we were dating and I had him leave calmly saying "hey somethings bother you. I want you to go home. If you want to talk about it let me know."  Never happened again.

It's too bad there's not a Marriage 101 that some of these folks could attend.  Some have no good examples of what is normal shit-to-work-through and what is unacceptable. Virginia has no clue. I hope she can step up and become a mature woman. I say this for Erik cuz I love him and want him to be happy!  

Jake. Jake. Jake. Jaime wasn't initially attracted to Doug and Doug handled that so much better than Jake.  Jake tries for brief moments to be mature but can't keep it up.  For example, "Thank you for the clothes that was nice BUT..."  I think Haley could work it out if he was fun/reasonable/not quirky and not attractive to her OR very attractive to her and not so fun/not so reasonable and quirky.  There'd be a place to go.  Grow more attracted or work on personality stuff.  

PAIGE! How many times do you need to touch that stove to know it BURNS?!?  My god, just open the door and crawl in...

I did a little research (not being a Christian).  Paige said early on "god never gives us more than we can handle".  That is the exact OPPOSITE of what is actually written.  What I discovered is this comes from the Christian new testament and the writings of Paul.  He wrote, “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).   What it's saying is that god doesn't give you a temptation you cannot resist.  In Paige's case I would think her NOT having sex with Chris is the temptation she needs to bear!!!  

How Doug handled a woman breaking down into a puddle of tears and her female family members basically forcing her to continue the ceremony is something that I will never understand. She acted like he was the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Of course she did not have sex with him twice that night, either....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

When Ryan asked Clara what motivates her, she should have responded "great sex."  

Yes! That would have been soooo good! I don't care for Ryan. He's not a bad guy but he does come off a lecturing a lot. He should become a motivational speaker. I don't see hope for them. These are two people that see the world differently. It's not gonna work. I will say that scene in the donut shop had me lmao. She's stuffing donuts in her face with her eyes glazed over as he goes on and on and on.... and kudo's to her for telling him exactly what she thinks. I just wanna sit here and enjoy my donuts! 

Chris waits until Paige has had enough, he can sense when she is really ready to end it, then he reels her back in. It's a sadistic game to him and she falls for it every time.

Vincent needs therapy. He has to resolve why his mood switches on and off like that. It's a form of abuse for a partner to have to deal with that. He gets pissed off then doesn't want to explain why. He needs to grow up. 

Erik. He says in his confessionals that he is crazy about Virginia, tells her he loves her, but all we see are them disagreeing on just about everything. The dogs, the drinking, the partying, having kids. He cooks a nice dinner and she's suspicious about it. So what does he love? Must be the sex. Mind blowing sex with drunk Ginny. 

Haley and Jake. Every scene is so awkward. The one time she really opened up to him telling him all about her travels which I thought was interesting, he barely had anything to say. Another complete mismatch. 

These therapists need to understand that opposites do not always attract. They keep pushing this idea that your opposite will force you to open up to new things and adventures in life when maybe two people with similar interests and personalities would be a better match. A real novel idea, huh ? 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

It seems from Unfiltered that the women don't like him, maybe because they're all good friends with Haley, but both Paige & Brianna had obvious attitudes toward him there (haven't noticed too much with Clara yet).

Totally! I never understand the way the girls in these casts act like they are ride or die besties when they are barely acquaintances who have only known each other for a matter of weeks and would not be friend IRL but for a stupid show where they were thrown together.

Jake has done nothing to Haley except go off one time when she hurt his feelings. He apologized, yet I don't see her apologizing for ditching him or even for the misunderstanding because she feels entitled to need a break from him, which, on it's own, is really rude. She acts affronted by his questions about their relationship. It makes no sense when she was the one who signed up for this. He has every right to question where things are going after she admitted she wasn't attracted to him!

Unless something else happens that we have yet to see, Jake's biggest crimes are that he doesn't meet Haley's approval. And if there isn't anything else, it just makes these women look worse to be treating him rudely for doing absolutely nothing. I felt the same last season when they all sat there bagging on Brett after he left the reunion. Shut up and mind your own business ladies!

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

My theory about Chris and Paige is that as she walked down the aisle and he said,”%#@+&” which I interpreted as a negative reaction, he realized that this wasn’t who he wanted.  He got in touch with his ex ( she may have been his current, if he was in this just for TV exposure) and had her fake the pregnancy so he could leave the marriage - while holding his nose and having unprotected sex at least twice with Paige. Meanwhile, the producers probably informed him that he wouldn’t be paid if he didn’t fulfill his contract.  They may have also let him know that he was being perceived as the asshole we all love to hate. Along the line, he may have informed Paige that her payday would be over soon as well.  That’s why even though she now looks like a terrible fool, it’s apparently worth it to her.  Fame & money - I guess it’s worth selling your self esteem to some.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

-Take Chris and Paige...please. Paige is becoming a human bowling pin. She sets herself up only to get knocked down again. There is nothing good about her pathetic pandering to this man who is indeed unstable in all his ways. Her lady friends on the show have done all the can but to render their shirts and make her see the light. In the words of Judge Judy its time to put a period after it. He is unsuitable to marry, befriend, business partner with or associate in any way.

Chris is just flat out evil. He is getting some perverse kick out of playing Paige like a yo-yo. He had a devilish grin on his face. He must have filed down the horns. I wonder if he's planning on having some sex before he rips here beating heart out again?

Jake did look better in the shirts Haley bought. The I'm not attracted to you is the hardest objection to over come. It means had they met somewhere and socialized she'd turn down an offer to go out with him. However clearly harping on the matter and becoming self conscience is the worst way to handle it. The best thing Jake can do is become comfortable in his own skin and be who he is without shame or regret. Regardless of physical attributes people respond to confidence, humor and being a good person. Maybe he can get an extension. If not, I'm sure he'll meet a lot of woman who like him fine as is.

~Ryan holds to a very traditional view of marriage and in some ways I think he could be a great husband for her if she allows him to be. She has a bad engram in her head from her parents ugly divorce and this could be the source of her constant need to be intoxicated. Having kids probably is a deal breaker for her because it will mean no drinking for nine months (or should mean it). There is a lot of passion and desire but change will have to happen for it to work. 

That was really horrible TV watching Clara inject glucose into her veins. I hope she brushed and flossed. Between the two of them I like Clara more but she's not a blonde without a reason. This isn't a person who thinks about life, death, why do we exist? How did the universe come to be? It seems like a lot of the couples are projecting or attempting to conform their spouse into their ideal man or woman. But this show isn't lets make a deal...its this is the deal. If you want lets make a deal find your own mate. The purpose of dating is to find a suitable partner who already possess the traits you want or are the most important. I can't imagine this match gets an extension. Why prolong the agony?

Vincent needs to get over himself. Geesh what a wuss and he's itching to lose a truly wonderful woman. Stop being so irritating petty. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

My theory about Chris and Paige is that as she walked down the aisle and he said,”%#@+&” which I interpreted as a negative reaction, he realized that this wasn’t who he wanted.  He got in touch with his ex ( she may have been his current, if he was in this just for TV exposure) and had her fake the pregnancy so he could leave the marriage - while holding his nose and having unprotected sex at least twice with Paige. Meanwhile, the producers probably informed him that he wouldn’t be paid if he didn’t fulfill his contract.  They may have also let him know that he was being perceived as the asshole we all love to hate. Along the line, he may have informed Paige that her payday would be over soon as well.  That’s why even though she now looks like a terrible fool, it’s apparently worth it to her.  Fame & money - I guess it’s worth selling your self esteem to some.

I could see Chris hanging in for the cash but I don't see such deviousness in Paige. Secondly she doesn't have to pretend she is falling for him again just to stay on the show. She can tell Chris the truth and watch him curl into a fetal position and such his thumb. Chris is a child-man.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

This is the first theory that makes sense of what I saw last night. Hell, Paige you should try to find out if that fine as hell pastor is single (he thought you were a diamond) or let him hook you up some nice truly sincere church going men. Instead, you just had to keep going with the broke and busted Wolfman of Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I could see Chris hanging in for the cash but I don't see such deviousness in Paige. Secondly she doesn't have to pretend she is falling for him again just to stay on the show. She can tell Chris the truth and watch him curl into a fetal position and such his thumb. Chris is a child-man.

Tragically, this would make me more sad then just deviousness. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Devvie said:

Seems like the experts were far more hands on at one time. Now they let them sink or swim.

Good for you doing some research.  The NT also says the husband should love his wife like Christ loved the church. Giving his life to her. Also the position of 'head of household' is a responsibility not a privilege.  Neither Chris or Paige is being led by God, they just drag him into this situation they put themselves in. The sad part is after this experience Paige might take out her heart break over Chris with the next few guys she dates.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Jake has done nothing to Haley except go off one time when she hurt his feelings.

Actually, I was bothered by something he did in last night's episode.  I think it had to do with Haley going to Paige's and staying there until late, when he had wanted to talk.  She said she's not a mindreader, and if he wanted to talk, he needed to tell her.  He countered that he didn't tell her because he knew how she would react, and launched into a recitation of what he knew she would be thinking and saying.  That sort of thing pisses me off no end, and it didn't seem to sit well with Haley, either.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Haley and Jake. Every scene is so awkward. The one time she really opened up to him telling him all about her travels which I thought was interesting, he barely had anything to say. Another complete mismatch.

Given her world travels, and her attempt at moving to Australia, I think there's a lot more to Haley than we're being shown.  Plus I like someone who can make an anecdote out of an allergic reaction to crabmeat AND announce she's going for the tie-breaking third time.  And, in a discussion about architecture in Prague, cite that it has the second ugliest building in the world.  Cincinnati may have the Underground Railroad Museum, but if somebody mentions Cincinnati to me, I'm bringing up chili spaghetti. 

Not much fuss is made about the age difference between Jake and Haley (which is bigger than the difference between Erik and Virginia), but I think we have a pushing-40-years-old man who's very settled, and a less-than-30-year-old woman who is adventurous.  Those differences can be worked out, of course, but usually people work their way into it, deciding they like each other enough to figure out how to make it work.  Or realizing they just don't like the same things, and break up.

Plus she's not attracted to him, and in last night's episode, looked genuinely uncomfortable about it.  As @Crashcourse pointed out, she's in a no-win situation, and I was wondering what I would do in her shoes, and I honestly don't know. 

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I will say that scene in the donut shop had me lmao. She's stuffing donuts in her face with her eyes glazed over as he goes on and on and on.... and kudo's to her for telling him exactly what she thinks. I just wanna sit here and enjoy my donuts!

I thought that was hilarious.  I'm a hot-out-of-the-grease-glazed-at-Krispy-Kreme girl myself--none of those fruity pebbles covered monstrosities for me.  But I will eat a load of them, and just want to enjoy the fat-and-sugar bliss.  I'll give a report on my lack of ambition at some other time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Hell, Paige you should try to find out if that fine as hell pastor is single (he thought you were a diamond) or let him hook you up some nice truly sincere church going men.

Unfortunately for Paige, I saw a wedding band on the fine pastor's finger.   

• Love 2

The experts on MAFS Australia are much more competent and actually give very good feedback and guidance. This lot just throws them to the wolves then try to absolve themselves of any responsibility yet take the credit when things go well. 
Clara stuffing her face with donuts was the least concerning thing on this episode. I would probably do the same thing if someone took me to do something I enjoyed and then tried to make me feel inferior for it. Clara will end up his project not equal. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Virginia's talking to the camera while she was in bed close up was not doing her any favors. Girl has nasty zits all over her face! Does she not wash her face? She always looks dirty to me. She's a mess. Erik looks like Mr. Squeaky Clean. I don't understand what he sees in her. 

• Love 15