Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Three Little Words

• Start Topic

Erik is missing the traditional  "help" by standing close to Virginia, putting his arms around her to place her hands correctly on the club (and if I used the correct golf terminology here I'd  blush! 😊😉🏌‍♀️).

ETA: I'm not sure why or how I posted  this again!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 4

Virginia is being weird right now. Does she not understand  the significance of Erik's special composition for her?

Previews:

Uh-oh. Looks like the topic of having children will make Erik's music his Unfinished Instrumental. 

Haley is not attracted to Jake, Instant Re-play. 

AND RYAN IS NOT ATTRACTED TO CLARA.  Actions speak....

Paige and Chris stay determined to collect their full compensation.

Vincent gets schooled. 

• Love 12

I’m trying to understand what Ryan’s issue with Clara is. Aside from her many romances (only because he’s not wired that way), or her meh to his raising kids with faith, but tonight, they showed him being okay with sugary treats because she likes them. And Clara? Putting them all in her donut hole while making fun of his describing his feelings about healthy eating. That’ll be a deep hole she’ll need to crawl out of!

Get some therapy, Vincent. We can pretend it’s your idea.

• Love 11

Gah! This stupid show! 
I love how they show us the producers telling Paige to go back and tell Chris she’s done, and then she does, but wait! He bullshits her into taking him back AGAIN! I think the show showing the producers was their way of letting us know that no, they aren’t forcing them together, this is all Paige being dumb and believing this clown. She can now take her place next to Amber and Kate as the idiots who stayed with assholes. Why do women do this??? Why???

I was all prepared to say “Vincent and Brianna, welcome to couples cam!” But then came the salsa lesson. Salsa lessons should be banned on this show. I had a flashback to Dave melting in Mexico taking a miserable salsa lesson with Amber.....but seriously Vincent, grow a pair stop being a freaking baby!

Jake has Haley’s number - she is not attracted to him and he knows it. No amount of new shirts are going to fix that. And I don’t agree with her - you can grow to like or love someone but I’m not sure you can become more physically attracted to someone. She wants to just be friendly and joke around but he already tried that with her on the honeymoon and she thought he was weird and she ditched him. These two do not belong together. I hope Jake finds a fun 80’s loving lady who loves his sense of humor, and his pool, gym and sauna, but unfortunately it’s not the lady he’s currently married to....Also, who puts White Claws in a can cooler???

I can’t figure Erik and Virginia out. On paper they make zero sense. Straight laced conservative guy with wild alcoholic lady. Yet here we have our second set of “I love you” being said tonight! He’s vaguely patronizing, and she’s a hot mess who drinks like a fish! How is this happening??? Maybe they will defy the odds and be like Jamie and Elizabeth - makes zero sense but there they are! Erik and Virginia, welcome to couples cam?

I like Ryan and Clara. I hope they make it. Also a case of opposites. He’s a serious deep thinker and she’s just over here eatin her doughnuts. But unlike E&V, I feel like these two balance each other out and compliment each other. If he will just “get there” emotionally, I think they will be ok. I think her comments on Unfiltered say a lot - that he doesn’t commit easily but once he does he is all in. The fact that unfiltered is done after the fact gives me hope that she is saying this because it’s true.

Lastly, is anyone else amused by the Keith and Queen Kristine Nexium commercials? I freaking love them! “Kristine made chili and told me to eat it so I did. Nexium!” 😂😂😂

Edited by Ilovepie
stupid auto correct
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

I think Ryan is the smart one in terms of how measured he is in saying I love you.

After tonight I'm seeing two couples throwing out I love you but they are far from on the same wavelength. 

I can't give Virginia anymore chances. It's not editing. She drinks too damn much. She's also not ready for a mature relationship at all.

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Gah! This stupid show! 
I love how they show us the producers telling Paige to go back and tell Chris she’s done, and then she does, but wait! He bullshits her into taking him back AGAIN! I think the show showing the producers was their way of letting us know that no, they aren’t forcing them together, this is all Paige being dumb and believing this clown. She can now take her place next to Amber and Kate as the idiots who stayed with assholes. Why do women do this??? Why???

I was all prepared to say “Vincent and Brianna, welcome to couples cam!” But then came the salsa lesson. Salsa lessons should be banned on this show. I had a flashback to Dave melting in Mexico taking a miserable salsa lesson with Amber.....but seriously Vincent, grow a pair stop being a freaking baby!

Jake has Haley’s number - she is not attracted to him and he knows it. No amount of new shirts are going to fix that. And I don’t agree with her - you can grow to like or love someone but I’m not sure you can become more physically attracted to someone. She wants to just be friendly and joke around but he already tried that with her on the honeymoon and she thought he was weird and she ditched him. These two do not belong together. I hope Jake finds a fun 80’s loving lady who loves his sense of humor, and his pool, gym and sauna, but unfortunately it’s not the lady he’s currently married to....Also, who puts White Claws in a koi is???

I can’t figure Erik and Virginia out. On paper they make zero sense. Straight laced conservative guy with wild alcoholic lady. Yet here we have our second set of “I love you” being said tonight! He’s vaguely patronizing, and she’s a hot mess who drinks like a fish! How is this happening??? Maybe they will defy the odds and be like Jamie and Elizabeth - makes zero sense but there they are! Erik and Virginia, welcome to couples cam?

I like Ryan and Clara. I hope they make it. Also a case of opposites. He’s a serious deep thinker and she’s just over here eatin her doughnuts. But unlike E&V, I feel like these two balance each other out and compliment each other. If he will just “get there” emotionally, I think they will be ok. I think her comments on Unfiltered say a lot - that he doesn’t commit easily but once he does he is all in. The fact that unfiltered is done after the fact gives me hope that she is saying this because it’s true.

Lastly, is anyone else amused by the Keith and Queen Kristine Nexium commercials? I freaking love them! “Kristine made chili and told me to eat it so I did. Nexium!” 😂😂😂

Has anyone considered Hailey might not be into men and came on the show for a beard? I am not saying this because she is not attracted to Jacob but because she seemed to be seeing no one for 7 years. She is a blandly attractive woman...it should not be that hard.

Jacob has a nice chest and his arms are a good size. Bird chested Chris should look at him to see what a real huge chest looks like. 
It felt like Haley was much more excited to be in Paige’s bed than with Jacob...not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Eric kind of has a grandpa body. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 3/11/2021 at 1:59 AM, qtpye said:

Has anyone considered Hailey might not be into men and came on the show for a beard? I am not saying this because she is not attracted to Jacob but because she seemed to be seeing no one for 7 years. She is a blandly attractive woman...it should not be that hard.

Jacob has a nice chest and his arms are a good size. Bird chested Chris should look at him to see what a real huge chest looks like. 
It felt like Haley was much more excited to be in Paige’s bed than with Jacob...not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Eric kind of has a grandpa body. 

Uh, no to your first question.

We've heard very clearly why she's been single for seven years. She's super picky and quick to walk way for whatever reason she comes up with.

People not dating for years is not that hard and doesn't have to mean anything. It's easy to not date when you don't try to date. It has nothing to do with attractiveness. If you continue to be busy, have other things you care about or don't feel like "settling" among other examples, being single for years is literally nothing. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 23

I empathized with Virginia over not having good role models for marriage. It's hard when you don't have examples of loving relationships to go by. On the other hand, seeing your parents divorce can make you more committed to staying married than ever. She is just immature still, and her drinking is very concerning. Having an older husband may turn out to be a good thing for her, because she probably does want stability and security.

Haley is still keeping Jake at arm's length. I guess it's progress that they're having conversations, but it feels like she always is one-upping him. It sucks for him because he's trying and he seems like a fairly introspective guy. I loved how the guys were all geeking out over his house.

Ryan, I get that you are slow to fall in love, but maybe you should have thought that out before going on a show that requires everything to be at warp speed. Poor Clara is going to spend the whole time tied in knots waiting for Ryan to figure out his feelings.

The ladies were doing their best to get Paige to face reality but she's still deep in the Kool-Aid. Chris is dead to me.

OMG, Clara chowing down on all those donuts. I mean, I used to love a donut every once in a while, but no way could I eat that many without being sick. Eat some veggies, girl, they're good for you and can be delicious! Although I totally relate to having no internal drive or passion. Pretty much a good cup of coffee is what motivates me to get up and go through my day.

Vincent is a little too touchy. I'm terrible at dancing and I have no coordination so I would've been miserable too although I would've try to laugh it off. I'll never forget the one and only time my husband went skiing (before we were married). I've never heard him cuss so much before or after. It was sweet of Vinny to buy Bri the bike and to want to teach her Spanish.

The lack of masks was stressing me out. What alternate universe do these people live in?

• Love 12

Admittedly, I’m a Virginia and Erik fan. I thought the scene at the end of the show was really cute. I hope that they both are able to make the compromises to make their relationship work. I think they genuinely care about each other. 

Briana and Vincent were cute too. Too bad one of the last scenes with them was him overreacting about the dancing lessons. 

I like Clara, but sometimes I don’t know if he likes her. I do think she kind of blew him off after he made the long speech. 

haley and Jacob are done. She’s not into him. I think they are just going through the motions now. 

I can’t even with Paige. Omg  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Uh, no to your first question.

We've heard very clearly why she's been single for seven years. She's super lucky and quick to walk way for whatever reason she comes up with.

People not dating for years is not that hard and doesn't have to mean anything. It's easy to not date when you don't try to date. It has nothing to do with attractiveness. If you continue to be busy, have other things you care about or don't feel like "settling" among other examples, being single for years is literally nothing. 

Not dating for years or wanting to settle is fine but it is odd to be that picky and sign up for a reality show where you will be marrying a total stranger. This is the opposite of being selective particularly with the bad track record this show has.

She just may not be relationship material or just not into Jacob, who is not everyone’s cup of tea. Her friend even commented that her reasons for not liking Jacob seem superficial. I think the only reason she is even halfway trying is because her friends seem to kinda like him for her.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 10

Jake is a Guys Guy, not a Ladies Man. But he can learn! Step 1: Shave, or don't. No half-measures!

Chris fancies himself a Ladies Man, and has found enough dimwits to reinforce his self-image.

Ryan and Vincent take themselves too seriously. Life is short, bro.

Erik sees himself as the Wise Somewhat -Elder Who Has BT, DT. But he forgets that one cannot hurry the process. Virginia can't  be 38 in mind or spirit, until she is in body. Can she be older than her imagined 19? Well, yes! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 5

Done with Chris and Paige. If Zack can up and decide he doesn't want to move in or film scenes with the sweet Mindy- then Paige can certainly leave Chris and still fulfill her contract obligations. At this point she is either severely mentally ill, or they're actors. Period. 

Vinny has the emotional maturity of a 12 yr old. That schtick would have already gotten old with me. I am not coddling anyone's ego THAT fragile! Have fun and laugh at yourself Mr. Dad Bod! It IS ok to make a fool out of yourself. Most couples bond the most at those awkward times. Man child- if Brianna stays, she will be part time mother/coddler.

Clara, honey. I ate like that in my 20's too. Then gained 20lbs overnight in my early 30's out of no where. Definitely can NOT eat junk like I used to, and I have always exercised frequently. Her cookie dough and donut binging days are numbered. The extra weight will sneak up on you! One day you'll wake up and- BOOM- your size 6's wont fit and you'll be in a 10. And it will take FOREVER to lose it. Best to curb all that sugar intake now. Ryan is not into her. He reminds me of myself. As a demi sexual, I need a deeper emotional connection before sexual attraction. I can't get that if someone is shutting me down when I ask serious questions. Ryan's timing was off (never interrupt a sugar addict with your monologuing) - however, I feel his heart was in the right place.  I imagine Clara is sexually frustrated, but after her harsh words, I don't see sex happening this point. She talks so dang much, Ryan decided he probably had to stuff her mouth full just to get a chance to share his thoughts.  

• Love 18
11 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Sister was going to town on those donuts!! “I am not really a vegetable gal”.  Yeah, these two are doomed.

Well, the poor girl isn’t having SEX, so she has to have something satisfying.  What’s wrong with him already?

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

What a shit show last night.  Salsa lessons, ceramics, all kinds of fillers.  The best was Jake getting new clothes.  How nice.  A slight hint that you dress crappy and i hate being with you because you dress crappy.  She’s very thoughtful, then talks to him like she’s better than him. This is a girl that always has to be right, and has all the answers.  I wish he would date one of her girlfriends and call it a day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Haley bought new shirts for Jake so she wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with him.

That was a chop on him.  He was a gentleman about it too.  He should buy her a flask for her pocketbook.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4

Oh and anyone that thinks production advised Paige to go back and work things out with Satan- they told her to go back and tell him "to delete your number"! That is what I heard. Paige decided to reset with Satan all on her own. She is NOT smart. Bet that dumbass can't decide whether to take a crap, unless it is ordained by a higher power. Never in all my days... ever- seen anyone so willfully STUPID. Not ignorant mind you- she is FULLY aware of who Satan is at this point. She is just DUMB as a box of unsharpened pencils. This has to be an act right? Though, I honestly question either of them being smart enough to act out this ridiculous scenario. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I’m so confused about Erik’s previous marriage. I thought he said early on it was just a marriage for benefit purposes (fraud in the Military’s eyes, but I digress) and had no meaning? Now he hasn’t been in love since then? Did I make that up?

My understanding is that it was a real relationship and they loved each other.  Due to his military commitment he had to live on base.  Because of that they would have very little time together.  Given the options of drifting apart or getting married to be able to be together they decided to get married.  It isn’t that uncommon in the military and isn’t considered fraud.  It usually is done without much fanfare at the time and the understanding that if the couple makes it they will have a big celebration later, when the enlisted person’s commitment is less stringent.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

What a shit show last night.  Salsa lessons, ceramics, all kinds of fillers.  The best was Jake getting new clothes.  How nice.  A slight hint that you dress crappy and i hate being with you because you dress crappy.  She’s very thoughtful, then talks to him like she’s better than him. This is a girl that always has to be right, and has all the answers.  I wish he would date one of her girlfriends and call it a day.

I feel like if a man bought a women clothing on the show though, it wouldn’t be perceived as well. She basically was saying she’s buying the clothing because she doesn’t like what he wears. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

A slight hint that you dress crappy and i hate being with you because you dress crappy.  She’s very thoughtful,

I don’t find that to be thoughtful - it was for her, not him.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Cammi said:

And WHY does Virginia’s voice shake and break when she talks? Is it a tic? She sounds unstable and incoherent. Sorry she’s the least attractive bride this season. 

She is going through withdrawal, which can cause your voice to shake. That's also why she's so fidgety and her hands move in such a herky, jerky manner. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

I'm officially done with Paige.  She keeps dragging God into her bad decisions and I'm not here for it.

When Pastor Dwight quoted James1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all of his ways".  That was him very professionally and subtly telling her to GET OUT. Does she need a flashing neon sign telling her to leave?

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t find that to be thoughtful - it was for her, not him.

It's another version of buying a gift for someone else that's really for you. He didn't ask for or need new clothes. She got them because it's what she wanted. Never the best type of gift. He could end up liking the shirts. It's just not a random gift I would give.

3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Not dating for years or wanting to settle is fine but it is odd to be that picky and sign up for a reality show where you will be marrying a total stranger. This is the opposite of being selective particularly with the bad track record this show has.

She just may not be relationship material or just not into Jacob, who is not everyone’s cup of tea. Her friend even commented that her reasons for not liking Jacob seem superficial. I think the only reason she is even halfway trying is because her friends seem to kinda like him for her.

Damn near every person you could ask why are you hear with this show. At the end of the day, this is a shortcut to love and that's most of the people are here. They get a spouse without having to put the work in. 

But if she's this picky, why would you not try to control who you end up with?

If you are Ryan and you need this deep emotional connection, why not date the old fashion way and build that?

If you are Virginia, why not get a drinking partner instead of a spouse if that's all you really want.

Also I may sound callous but I'm tired people saying they are bad at things like relationships because they didn't have any personal good examples. Stop with that. Even if your examples are bad, those are the examples. Do the opposite. I watched my dad throw away a great marriage by cheating. I saw what it did you my mom. I've seen countless friends to the same to people over the years. Which is why I've always been determined to the opposite. You don't hurt the one you love. 

I also... watch TV and movies. Plenty of actually good examples there.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Jake actually did look better in grown men’s shirts!! Haley picked out some winners for him.

I think she did him a big favor picking out those shirts.  In the future, maybe he'll have better luck finding a woman when he's dressed in normal casual wear, instead of those (unfunny and maybe even off-putting to some people) "message" t-shirts.   

• Love 10
13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Vinnie didn't like looking less than excellent, thus the sulk. Like the dancing lesson itself "disrespected" him. 🕺 Brianna didn't dare joke about it. 

He's just a big ole baby. For heaven's sake, Vinny, lighten up. Briana is so playful and just seems to enjoy life. They could really have a good marriage if he were not so insecure and just went with the flow. I don't like her baby talk however; it's such a stark contrast to her intelligent way of speaking in her TH's. I dunno. They may make it on Decision Day but if I were Briana I'd be looking forward to walking on eggshells all of my life with Vinny as my spouse. 

If he were so adept at dancing the bachata, why didn't HE take HER dancing?  And yeah, mad props to Bri for dancing in those heels. I never mastered walking in them, let alone dancing.

• Love 12

I don’t think I can get behind Vincent and Brianna. She will constantly have to make herself “small” so it doesn’t hurt his ego but then he does something sweet and gets her a bicycle based on one of their first conversations.  
Neither Hailey or Ryan seem very interested in relationships. Almost asexual to me  based on what I’ve seen on this show. 

• Love 12