Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Three Little Words

• Start Topic

(edited)

Got a little testy over at the Episode 8 thread...so let's let bygones be bygones for Episode 9...

I have a Box of Red, Box of White and a Box of Rose....and beer.

Fill up your mismatched coffee mug like from Ryan's collection...

Cheers us!

Help yourself to the taco bar, pigs in the blanket, barbecue ribs, chicken and sides...

We'll have a chugging contest and a MAFS trivial quiz....pick your teams...

Sample: What diagnostic test is Jake being evaluated for?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

After last week I have revised my opinions (I’m on the West Coast)

1)      Eric is kinda controlling.  Texting every hour is unnecessary.  In Eric’s defense, I would want my gf to text me all the time if she regularly passes out. VA drinks too much.  I don’t think it is editing.  She looks rough with all those hangovers.  If she stopped drinking for a while she would look 5 years younger. After being called out as an alcoholic by Chris, I cant believe she is still raging it out on alcohol.

2)      All of the friends are completely on fire. They are good people.  The preachers said the right thing, almost.  They were fine when they dragged Chris.  But they were wrong to tell him to make it work after he again told them he thought Paige was ugly. They said Paige was a diamond.  That was going a bit too far. I think the baby momma was going to stick with Chris until she learned that he went bareback on Paige. Paige was wise to mention it. I do think his ex is better looking and its not related to her shade. Chris thought he was going to watch a catfight, but the cats tore him apart. I loved it. This is what Jesus truly wanted.

3)      Vincent and Brianna are going to make it.  Vincent has to get it together and stop being insecure. Brianna has to be sensitive about joking at Vincent’s expense.

4)      80’s guy seems ok.  I agree he and Hailey’s friend should hook up. Hailey should at least try to get through this with dignity and be nice to 80’s guy.

5)      Clara and Ryan.  Ryan, can you please bone this lady?  She really wants you and is starting to feel insecure and desperate.  Clara, you should stop begging for it and act like you no longer want it. I don’t understand why Ryan is making this so difficult since he said he is attracted to her. He seems wound really tight. I wonder if the comments Clara’s friends made to Ryan about how he better have a huge penis has impacted things and have gotten inside his head.

• Love 13

On Unfiltered.  Jamie asking good questions.  Haley still blaming the 80’s.  That’s bullshit.  It’s more than that.  If she wants to go that same ole route, he should say she drinks too much and rather be out with her girlfriends than a man.  I would have more respect for her if she just tells the truth.  She just doesn’t like him, period, and he knows it.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

WHY is Paige talking to this Pastor? Why is the show dragging out this fake storyline with these two, ugh! 

Time filler? It’s just the same thoughts over and over. She knows what she should do. She’s probably filling in filming time to get the whole paycheck. 

3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

WHY is Paige talking to this Pastor? Why is the show dragging out this fake storyline with these two, ugh! 

• Love 7

VA complaining about not having enough time with Eric is a laugh. She wants days off from marriage to go clubbing (bar hopping, getting toasted...whatever she wants to call her binges) and then complains about their time together? Seriously. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Erik is missing the traditional  "help" of standing close to Virginia, putting his arms around her to place her hands correctly on the club (and if I used the correct golf terminology here I'd  blush! 😊😉🏌‍♀️).

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Jake is actually making sense.  They can be friends until the end of this mess.

They could, but that would entail her admitting that she was never into him. I can’t decide if she’s not being truthful because she’s trying to be diplomatic or she knows what she really thinks wouldn’t be polite of her to say. I think for now she’s just trying to make the best out of the situation. Instead of criticizing his wardrobe more, she went and bought him some new shirts. A productive way to get her feelings across without being mean. 

• Love 13

Haley is supposed to spend time with Jake to see if the marriage is worth saving.  Instead, she leaves him again and goes down to spend time talking with Paige.  Then, she gets defensive when he questions her nicely about it, like he’s out of line.  She is not for anyone.  She has to be alone.

• Love 14

I’m so confused about Erik’s previous marriage. I thought he said early on it was just a marriage for benefit purposes (fraud in the Military’s eyes, but I digress) and had no meaning? Now he hasn’t been in love since then? Did I make that up?

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

This is definitely a frustrating & unfair situation for Jake. He knows she's not attracted to him but he's still willing to try. He just wants to know what she wants to do & she keeps beating around that bush while running out whenever she can. Her words & actions don't match.

I think she's trying to make it to D Day but in the meantime, she's handling it the best way she can.  Sure, she keeps running out but at this point, how many more conversations does she need to have with him?  He's already acknowledged that she's not attracted to him, and she didn't dispute that.  So I think they'll try to stick it out until D Day.

• Love 10

In just a few short years, Virginia is going to look rode hard and put up wet all the time, not just when she’s loaded.  Bless her heart, I feel sorry for her, but only to a point.  No one has told her yet that it’s time to grow up.  I fear that Daddy Eric will inadvertently push her even farther into her party girl lifestyle with what she somewhat accurately perceives as his neediness.

As for Jake, he should be on the next bus out of here, seated right next to Paige.  Haley really does think she’s something.  It’s painful to watch Jake be slowly eaten alive each week.  She won’t leave.  She’ll just keep smiling (sort of) and wait until decision day, despite the fact that she made her decision before the first bottle of champagne was opened at the wedding. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

I think she's trying to make it to D Day but in the meantime, she's handling it the best way she can.  Sure, she keeps running out but at this point, how many more conversations does she need to have with him?  He's already acknowledged that she's not attracted to him, and she didn't dispute that.  So I think they'll try to stick it out until D Day.

The process itself is going to force them to keep coming together, or to at least keep trying. He probably doesn't want to waste the effort with someone who has already said she is not attracted to him & obviously doesn't want to take the time to even try. I think they'll stick it out too but it's going to be horribly awkward for all of us.

• Love 11
(edited)
20 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Erik is missing the traditional  "help" of standing close to Virginia, putting his arms around her to place her hands correctly on the club (and if I used the correct golf terminology here I'd  blush! 😊😉🏌‍♀️).

Shaft!...Watch your mouth...Can you dig it?

28 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

And from the neck down Erik looks like a frail 80 year old.

Reminds me of Benjamin Button.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Clara is a big, blonde ball of NEED.  She doesn’t really annoy me and I do sense that she’s a nice person, but she’s pushing Ryan away.  I’m not at all convinced that he was ready for this.  I’m not talking Chris levels of not ready, but he’s definitely holding himself back. 

• Love 19
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

Is it me or does tonight’s episode seem slow? There’s nothing really new to discover. Just the same old rehash. 

No, it’s not just you, I feel the same way, in fact it’s so slow and boring I keep falling asleep! 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I’m half an hour in and Virginia has already mentioned drinking beer while golfing and making mimosas with only “a splash” of OJ.

I don't think Virginia has the intelligence or maturity to see that Erik isn't in this for her quips about booze; that, while he seems amused and charmed, her behaviors are not those considered by most men as "long-term relationship. "

Haley's act pains me. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 12

I would say Virginia would be better with Jake but I don’t think alcohol is keto. But seriously, her drinking is creeping me out. 
Ryan comes off as a pill to me and acts like he’s morally superior to Clara. He seems like such a stick in the mud. 

• Love 18