Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Non-Essential

• Start Topic

As COVID-19 becomes more widespread across the U.S., Boston goes into lockdown putting Rome’s movie in jeopardy and forcing Maggie to return home from Oxford. Because the hospitals are overwhelmed with coronavirus patients, Eddie’s back surgery is cancelled, leading him to take desperate measures to cope with the severe pain.

Airing Thursday, March 11, 2021.

• Love 1

Well...I was REALLY hoping Maggie wouldn't be pregnant. But lo and behold, she is. It's been a while since the show has really aired, especially since last season, but I assume the baby is Gary's? Hence, her hesitation on telling him? I don't remember the last time they even slept together, granted. Great, I figured that Gary/Maggie would get back together and Darcy would get screwed over. I was just hoping that a convenient baby plot wouldn't be the go-to. We don't need another child on this show, especially if Rome/Regina are looking to adopt this season still. Watch, next it'll be Katherine who gets pregnant.

Ah, so they have introduced COVID, which is kind of surreal. We've had a whole year to experience it ourselves, so now we have to relive it through these characters. I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that. I really wish they had skipped out on it altogether, but I also get that it was probably too tempting to pass up. With Regina having her own restaurant to Rome's move ending before it began, and Eddie's surgery being cancelled, and even Delilah now perpetually stuck overseas for who knows how long, it kind of works for this show. But it depends how they approach it for the rest of the season. 

As for the other plots, interesting for them to bring it back to Jon's last phone call and Katherine getting to lawyer up again. Meanwhile, Eddie's spiraling at home and he can't go on much longer without someone noticing that he's taking pills, especially stealing pills from his friends.

And, again, gonna reiterate this: poor, poor Darcy. Her relationship is over and she doesn't even know it yet. Granted, neither does Gary and this was always a relationship with a clear expiry date but still.

• Love 7

Well, after that loooooooong wait.... I was hoping for something better.

I don't know--I don't want shows I watch to do Covid. I watch shows like this to escape my troubles, my pain, my sorrow, my anxieties for a few minutes. I mean, my life is better than theirs! I know I watch The Connors, and Covid has been a huge part of that show this season, but The Connors takes place in more of the real world.

A Million Little Things does not exist in our reality. It's a soap opera. I mean, after all, a director of commercials gets a chance to write and direct a vanity project for his first movie (it being called off is not a tragedy, Rome!) Even Michael Bay didn't do that! And Maggie getting in to see her oncologist the next day (!!!!) even in a pre-Covid world does not happen.

You're not part of the real world, show. We would be fine with no Covid storyline.

Of course, maybe they need some reason not to have the actress who plays Delilah. Is everything all right with her? I'm genuinely asking. I hope she and her family is all right.

But, at least Maggie coming back to Boston did not have to do with Gary's call to her. Was not expecting her to be pregnant, but not exactly surprised.

Of course the landlord's lawyer had something to do with Jon.

Wow, they are starting to write Gary really clueless, aren't they. Casually rattling off that there's Vicodin here, to someone who's a recovering addict and who is clearly in extreme pain. Yep. Brilliant.

Should we just call it now that Eddie's going to OD?

I'm surprised that Theo's play wasn't cancelled. Because boy, that was essential, wasn't it?

Edited by historylover820
Adding more info
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

There was once an NBA agent who had an underling who forgot to file the paperwork for one of the agency's client to opt into a $5 million contract and so the player had to settle for a $1 million deal (the agent paid the player the difference out of his own pocket), but even that seems less stupid than filing your aunt's letter in your law firm's files with an important unmailed letter.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

There was once an NBA agent who had an underling who forgot to file the paperwork for one of the agency's client to opt into a $5 million contract and so the player had to settle for a $1 million deal (the agent paid the player the difference out of his own pocket), but even that seems less stupid than filing your aunt's letter in your law firm's files with an important unmailed letter.

Oh, yeah. There's another example of this not being in the real world. Real world, he's fired. 

• Love 5

One of the good things about the lead time is that they can easily do time jumps, so I suspect we won't be stuck in the worst days of COVID for TOO long. 

The thing that confuses me is that Darcy is an official cast member now, so when Gary and Maggie inevitably get together, what the heck do they do with Darcy?!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

The thing that confuses me is that Darcy is an official cast member now, so when Gary and Maggie inevitably get together, what the heck do they do with Darcy?!

I mean, she IS Katherine's friend so that's at least some sort of tie-in. There are ways they can keep her tied to the show if they have her befriend more than just Katherine as well. However, I kind of expect her to be dropped back to recurring after this season, if the show is renewed.

Also, I realize now, thinking about the various time jumps, that this baby is most likely British Dude's, not Gary's, which is good, at least.

• Love 6

Maggie dancing to “on hold” music while drying & putting away dishes makes me hate her even more. I doubt the director/writer had that intention.

Almost every Maggie scene screams, “How adorable am I?!?”

At what point did Maggie give a urine sample? She checks in with the front desk. She deletes a text to Gary about the pink wig. Then an assistant tells her that the doctor wants to speak with her, before the MRI.

• Love 20

I feel like Eddie's story isn't being handled well. Yes, he is an alcoholic, and we (and he) now know the root of his problem and that it wasn't actually his fault. Does being an alcoholic automatically make you predisposed to being a drug addict? I don't recall him showing any desire for other drugs before. Refusing pain meds in the hospital, where they are controlled seemed unnecessary and contrived to make drama. And then immediately hiding his use now, when nobody would side-eye him for needing pain relief and every one of his friends (and his wife) would help him? Nah.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, I realize now, thinking about the various time jumps, that this baby is most likely British Dude's, not Gary's, which is good, at least.

If it's British Dude's, I expect an abortion, or a miscarriage, either one attributed to her cancer/treatment.

• Love 8

Oh, Eddie. I know that he's an addict but he's doing the dumbest things. I'm not even talking about stealing drugs from his friends. I'm talking about how he stole drugs from his friends and kept them in the original prescription bottle with his friend's name on it. And then he decided that the best time to take said drugs was in the hallway of an elementary school. You know, as opposed to the privacy of the bathroom at his house before he left for the elementary school. It's like he wants to get caught.

This group of friends is permanently joined at the hip 24/7 but Eddie and Katherine were the only ones who attended Theo's play? That was the most absurd thing that happened in this entire episode.

Even though being an entire year behind real life feels kind of weird, I also really like that it's giving us an opportunity to look back on what's happened in the real world for the last year. Most shows that have included COVID were dealing with it in a present tense way (wearing masks, staying six feet away). This is one of the first episodes I've seen with the characters dealing with the onset of the pandemic and how people initially reacted to it. Even though it was exactly a year ago, it many ways it feels like a lifetime ago that people thought that everything would go back to normal in two weeks.

I had to really think about how much time had passed on the show when the doctor told Maggie she was pregnant. Gary mentioned that he and Darcy had been watching the kids for four weeks and Maggie left for the UK shortly before Delilah took her dad to France, so I'm guessing her dilemma is that she doesn't know whose baby it is.

One thing I liked is that Gary immediately apologized to Darcy after she realized that Gary had talked to Maggie about her nightmares. I actually hadn't jumped to that conclusion. When Maggie said she used to work near the cookie place, I thought that Gary had just gotten the new therapist's name because she had taken over Maggie's office or that she worked in the same building and that's how he found her.

I like Sophie so much more when she's smirking about the Gary/Darcy/Maggie awkwardness and telling her brother that they had to tell their mom immediately about the drama.

Fingers crossed that Delilah will be stuck in France for the entire sesason!

23 hours ago, historylover820 said:

I'm surprised that Theo's play wasn't cancelled. Because boy, that was essential, wasn't it?

Not everything got cancelled on March 11 of last year. I had tickets to shows on 3/19 and 3/21 and they were not officially cancelled until the governor banned gatherings of more than 250 people. The tickets I had for the 3/21 show were through Ticketmaster and I contacted them on 3/16 to get a refund but they refused, saying that the show wasn't technically cancelled yet (despite the fact that the venue holds way more than 250 people and the show was sold out). And even then, lots of gatherings of less than 250 people were still happening, so I could see Theo's school play not being cancelled.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

My recording ended abruptly before the end of the final scene (probably because the beginning of the recording ate up a few minutes with the drama(?) of scenes from next week’s Greys Anatomy/Station 51 crossover event). Which I don’t watch or care about.  And I have no way to set my recordings to record a few minutes before or after. Grrrr.

Anyway, the last part that I saw was Rome making a speech, and the camera panned to a pained Maggie and then a concerned Gary.

Did anything noteworthy happen after that? Thanks.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I had to really think about how much time had passed on the show when the doctor told Maggie she was pregnant. Gary mentioned that he and Darcy had been watching the kids for four weeks and Maggie left for the UK shortly before Delilah took her dad to France, so I'm guessing her dilemma is that she doesn't know whose baby it is.

It's a weird timeline, but Maggie has been in the UK for two months now. There was a time jump in the premiere, and Maggie had been leaving for Oxford at that point, and then they did another time jump when Delilah took her dad to France. But even before all of that, Gary and Maggie hadn't been together for at least a couple of months. So it SHOULDN'T theoretically be Gary's unless she's at least four months along. But I'm not even remembering when the last time Gary/Maggie slept together was. I feel like it's been a lot longer than I'm thinking.

• Love 2

Does no woman on tv keep track of her period? The surprise pregnancy revealed by a doctor running a routine test looking for something else is getting really old.  Maybe Maggie will later say something like “I’ve been so irregular since the last chemo, it didn’t dawn on me” but, c’mon.

i couldn’t help but think during the table-read scene that someone would notice Maggie wasn’t drinking.  Especially when someone made the comment about no more drinks for Maggie.  I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I personally know of when a woman’s pregnancy  was outed when she declined a drink or a cigarette. It happened to me:

Friend: if you want a smoke, go ahead, it won’t bother me.

Me: no thanks, don’t feel like one.

Friend: oh my God!  When are you due?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

At what point did Maggie give a urine sample? She checks in with the front desk. She deletes a text to Gary about the pink wig. Then an assistant tells her that the doctor wants to speak with her, before the MRI.

When she's sitting in the waiting room I think I saw a pink arm bandage like the ones you get after a blood draw - although my doctor uses blue.   So presumably, Maggie had a blood draw before waiting for her MRI?   

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

When she's sitting in the waiting room I think I saw a pink arm bandage like the ones you get after a blood draw - although my doctor uses blue.   So presumably, Maggie had a blood draw before waiting for her MRI?   

Yeah, I saw that too. She already had some tests finished and was waiting for her MRI.

This timeline is weird, but I'm pretty sure Maggie has been in the UK longer than two months.

She left on the night of Eddie's accident. He was in the hospital for a month. The second episode, he had been home for a month. I'm not sure how many months it is now, but Delilah has been in France for 2 months, and she was planning this on the second or third episode?

So, I'm thinking Maggie has been in the UK for 4-6 months. That would fit in, if she's, say, 2 months pregnant.

It's definitely not Gary's child. It's definitely Jamie's.

I don't know why she was awkward at bringing it up to Gary and why she'd even need to have drama about whose baby it is. Unless this doctor doesn't know the gestation period of humans. (Or, more likely, this will be the longest pregnancy known to mankind because the showrunner doesn't know the gestation period of humans. He certainly doesn't know how babies age.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Its funny that this show is basically going back a year to do COVID as it happened because another show I am watching is doing the exact same thing. Starting in early 2020 when it was just starting and just spending the season catching up to now. Its interesting I guess, I would have probably preferred this show just skip COVID  or go directly to now with a time jump, but there are so many ridiculously dramatic stories that they could tell with COVID that they couldn't resist. Eddie's medical treatments are being pushed back, Regina is worried about her restaurant, Rome's movie getting pulled, LOTS of big dramatic speeches and melodramatic scenes in hospitals, how can they say no to that? The silver lining? This means that Delilah might have to stay in France all season long, relegated to Zoom Call cameos. 

Eddie is making such bad choices but I do really feel bad for him. He seems so lonely and that he still isn't really dealing with how hard this is for him, and that's making him do really stupid things. For as much as everyone has focused so much on checking in with each other and seeing each others problems, I feel like people should be more aware of how much Eddie is struggling. Stealing pills from Gary's house? Really? How can he not get caught? How can Gary not notice? Of course, Gary is the guy who told his recovering addict friend who is in terrible pain where the pain pills are and lied to his girlfriend about getting medical advice for her from his ex girlfriend...

Of course Maggie is pregnant, and of course she finds out in the most dramatic way and in the most dramatic time. I forget how long Maggie has been gone, is it even possible that the baby is Gary's? Its been awhile since they were together, wouldn't it be more likely that the baby is Jaimie's? Everyone knows that Gary and Maggie will get back together, but her having a baby with another guy could put that off for even longer. It could also lead to a big thing where Gary tells Maggie he wants to raise the baby with her and they cry and hug and Darcy and Jaimie will have to go fuck themselves while the heartwarming music swells. Poor Darcy has no idea this relationship is already over. 

The table read was cute, but if its totally based around what has happened to them, wont that get awkward sometimes? Do Eddie and Katherine really want to act out their marital problems for everyone? 

"This is us!" Yeah sure show, you wish. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's a weird timeline, but Maggie has been in the UK for two months now. There was a time jump in the premiere, and Maggie had been leaving for Oxford at that point, and then they did another time jump when Delilah took her dad to France. But even before all of that, Gary and Maggie hadn't been together for at least a couple of months. So it SHOULDN'T theoretically be Gary's unless she's at least four months along. But I'm not even remembering when the last time Gary/Maggie slept together was. I feel like it's been a lot longer than I'm thinking.

Well, we know that Charlie has been an infant for a while, maybe the babies in that circle of friends have a different schedule

3 hours ago, Trillian said:

Does no woman on tv keep track of her period?

I guess they will blame the chemo, but I think that in this case would be that the pill gets useless due to the chemo meds, so she should know that. They should blame the condom, also silly because you can see if the condom broke. 

1 hour ago, historylover820 said:

It's definitely not Gary's child. It's definitely Jamie's.

You and your logic! In this show you can never use logic.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, circumvent said:

I guess they will blame the chemo, but I think that in this case would be that the pill gets useless due to the chemo meds, so she should know that. They should blame the condom, also silly because you can see if the condom broke. 

I was referring, not to the fact of the pregnancy, but to knowing or suspecting that it had happened.  I don’t even know if chemo can interfere with cycles, but it might’ve given them an out. 

I can hand-wave a pregnancy.  I have a relative who swears up and down that she took the Pill exactly as directed, at exactly the same time every day as directed.  Her daughter is lovely.  99.9% effective still is not 100%.

As a chronic pain patient who takes pain pills responsibly, I am tired of the trope that a patient can't be in actual pain and take their pills as directed. I belong to a couple of chronic pain online groups and there are a lot more of us out there than TV would have you believe. On TV, either you are 'brave' and refuse all pain medication or you are an addict who will steal pills at any costs. This does a disservice as it causes people including nurses and doctors to treat everyone like an addict. Rant over, I hope Eddie can get some relief from his pain and some appropriate treatment. Maggie seems like the last person who would have a surprise pregnancy since she is so controlled about everything, but surprise pregnancies are another TV staple I guess. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

I thought the text of the show indicated that she had only just started sleeping with UK guy.  Has she been sleeping with him long enough?   I guess it doesn't take that long.  /shrugs.   

THings shut down weirdly where I am.   Everything shut down then like a week later the schools shut down for 2 weeks and everybody was all, "okay in two weeks" and I was like, "No kids are going back to school until fall."  And not many people believed me.  I can believe Theo had a play March 11.  I wouldn't believe Theo had a play on Mar 18.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bybrandy said:

I thought the text of the show indicated that she had only just started sleeping with UK guy.  Has she been sleeping with him long enough?   I guess it doesn't take that long.  /shrugs.   

She first slept with Jamie a couple episodes ago before Deliliah left for Europe. And didn't they say Delilah was there over a month? So that is enough time to get pregnant.

Time on the show is super-weird though, it is hard to tell.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, historylover820 said:

11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Not everything got cancelled on March 11 of last year. I had tickets to shows on 3/19 and 3/21 and they were not officially cancelled until the governor banned gatherings of more than 250 people. The tickets I had for the 3/21 show were through Ticketmaster and I contacted them on 3/16 to get a refund but they refused, saying that the show wasn't technically cancelled yet (despite the fact that the venue holds way more than 250 people and the show was sold out). And even then, lots of gatherings of less than 250 people were still happening, so I could see Theo's school play not being cancelled.

Because of Facebook memories, I know I attended my niece’s band concert on 3/12/2020. Stuff here started truly getting shut down on March 17th - I remember people rushing to get to the bars for a St. Patrick’s Day drink before they closed at 2pm by state edict.

I’m totally expecting the baby to be Gary’s, simply because this show’s sense of days, months, time, and logic seem to live in some sort of PowerBall wheel, to be plucked at the writers’ convenience.

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, historylover820 said:

This timeline is weird, but I'm pretty sure Maggie has been in the UK longer than two months.

She left on the night of Eddie's accident. He was in the hospital for a month. The second episode, he had been home for a month. I'm not sure how many months it is now, but Delilah has been in France for 2 months, and she was planning this on the second or third episode?

So, I'm thinking Maggie has been in the UK for 4-6 months. That would fit in, if she's, say, 2 months pregnant.

Gary specifically said in this episode that he and Darcy had been watching Sophie and Danny for four weeks.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
7 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Gary specifically said in this episode that he and Darcy had been watching Sophie and Danny for four weeks.

Gary and Darcy have been on Charlie's timeline. She ages only a few days for every week other babies do

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Well, Theo is no less annoying after all these months. 

Maggie landed and went all the way to the house without thinking to turn off airplane mode on her phone (not even to let Delilah know she was on her way)?

Prediction as I'm watching: other lawyer is going to take pity on Katherine & crew and lie to his client about the letter having been mailed so they don't get evicted. -Hey, I'm psychic! Okay, his reasoning was a little different than I expected but still.

I really don't care about Rome's movie. I just find it too unbelievable that he'd get it made and get big stars on board. He's an unknown writer with a script about his own life. Who would really care?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 3/12/2021 at 1:59 AM, Brian Cronin said:

Hey, I have an idea.  Let’s make Darcy pregnant too.  The only thing better than one baby story is two. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, Fable said:

Hey, I have an idea.  Let’s make Darcy pregnant too.  The only thing better than one baby story is two. 

Then we can have the whole drama of Gary possibly being the father of two babies at the same time because, as we already concluded, this show takes the  (physics?) notion that time, and probably space, don't really exist as we need them to exist (or we would all go bananas, and our brains would explode). Hey, maybe we are bashing their lack of a coherent timeline when they are actually way too advanced and can actually understand those concepts in a way we cannot. Who knows?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I thought they said 8 weeks. My bad.

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I really don't care about Rome's movie. I just find it too unbelievable that he'd get it made and get big stars on board. He's an unknown writer with a script about his own life. Who would really care?

That's been my whole deal with Rome's movie as well.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gibasi said:

Are we really supposed to think that Gary might be the father? I didn't pick up on it if true. 

I think we are supposed to think that the British guy is the father because the "previously" montage before the episode showed us how he and Maggie hooked up. But I guess some of us are just sarcastically speculating that the writers will make Gary a possibility since they don't care about time.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, gibasi said:

Are we really supposed to think that Gary might be the father? I didn't pick up on it if true. 

11 hours ago, circumvent said:

I think we are supposed to think that the British guy is the father because the "previously" montage before the episode showed us how he and Maggie hooked up. But I guess some of us are just sarcastically speculating that the writers will make Gary a possibility since they don't care about time.

Honestly I wouldn’t put it past the writers to try to retcon it to be Jon’s baby at this point.

Nah, I’m kidding. Mostly.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The time space continuum on this show is usually non-existent so anything is possible!

Yep, just like Nash was; "Well, we really won't deal with COVID until we need a reason to screw up Rome's and everyone else's lives again." 

It's a bad call on the writers' part to put us thru Covid again at this point of time, just because you need to kill Rome's movie and also need a reason for Maggie to be/stay in Boston for a little while.

I hope Maggie will fade away in Oxford, but that wasn't happening. Then I really hope that Maggie's cancer is back & she has 3 months to live, but this isn't happening either, ughhhhh! Of course she is now pregnant, throw in another pregnancy & let the guessing game begin, more storyline for precious Maggie, yay! Maggie only hooked-up with Jamie once, right? So I bet the baby isn't Jamie's, Gary is the daddy, maybe around 4-5 months along??? Hey writers, would it be possible for Maggie to die due to complications in giving birth, let Rome & Regina adopt her baby. OR can you make Darcy pregnant too, it will be fun to watch!

The writers love seeing Eddie & Katherine in on-going pain & misery so much - alcoholism, infidelity, unemployment, Eddie possibly murdered someone, accident, depression & pill's addiction etc. For next storyline, can they make Theo "go away"? E&K can mourn the loss of their child, in painful way and I don't have to watch Theo again, please! Re Carter, in the real world, he'll be fired for that clerical error. But hey, this is AMLT, anything is possible.

Will Regina be having a good, solid storyline this season? She's a better actress than Maggie and Delilah. Speaking of Delilah, what happened to Stephanie Szotak IRL? She's unable to resume shooting or something?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 3/13/2021 at 12:23 PM, ams1001 said:

Prediction as I'm watching: other lawyer is going to take pity on Katherine & crew and lie to his client about the letter having been mailed so they don't get evicted. -Hey, I'm psychic! Okay, his reasoning was a little different than I expected but still. 

Um...don't we already have a psychic on this show? 

• LOL 3
47 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Speaking of Delilah, what happened to Stephanie Szotak IRL? She's unable to resume shooting or something?

Apparently she'll be in next week's episode.

48 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I see, thanks for the update. Am guessing there'll be a time jump in the next episode.

The thing I saw (skimmed, really) said something about her "predicament" being part of the drama so I expect we'll be seeing her stuck in France. (Also they didn't say "the drama" but I will.)

4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

It's a bad call on the writers' part to put us thru Covid again at this point of time, just because you need to kill Rome's movie and also need a reason for Maggie to be/stay in Boston for a little while.

I think this episode was most likely slated to air last year. Filming got delayed and the season started later than normal. If this episode would have aired late last fall, we would only be a few months behind “real time”. Plus, we then had the several months hiatus. So, the writer’s aren’t putting us through Covid again now, they were putting us through it then. 

I thought Maggie and British Guy only just slept together the night or two before. When they met up in the kitchen, they agreed to never bring it up again...so the baby must be Gary’s. Plus, in the preview, we see Maggie telling British Guy she’s pregnant. That’s Soap Opera speak for “it’s the other guy’s, what do I do?”

• Love 1
On 3/12/2021 at 7:48 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maggie dancing to “on hold” music while drying & putting away dishes makes me hate her even more.

You would not wanna hang out with me. Particularly in a grocery store.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:16 AM, LoveIsJoy said:

My recording ended abruptly before the end of the final scene (probably because the beginning of the recording ate up a few minutes with the drama(?) of scenes from next week’s Greys Anatomy/Station 51 crossover event). Which I don’t watch or care about.  And I have no way to set my recordings to record a few minutes before or after. Grrrr.

Anyway, the last part that I saw was Rome making a speech, and the camera panned to a pained Maggie and then a concerned Gary.

Did anything noteworthy happen after that? Thanks.

No, nothing else happened-- it was just a montage of the gang doing a read-through of Rome's script, over some music.  And, surprisingly, I don't believe the song was a terrible cover of an 80s or 90s song, as it usually is.  P.S.  I also have to endure about 5 minutes of the end of Grey's Anatomy on all my AMLT recordings, which I find annoying.

On 3/12/2021 at 2:48 PM, tennisgurl said:

Its funny that this show is basically going back a year to do COVID as it happened because another show I am watching is doing the exact same thing. Starting in early 2020 when it was just starting and just spending the season catching up to now. Its interesting I guess, I would have probably preferred this show just skip COVID  or go directly to now with a time jump, but there are so many ridiculously dramatic stories that they could tell with COVID that they couldn't resist. Eddie's medical treatments are being pushed back, Regina is worried about her restaurant, Rome's movie getting pulled, LOTS of big dramatic speeches and melodramatic scenes in hospitals, how can they say no to that? The silver lining? This means that Delilah might have to stay in France all season long, relegated to Zoom Call cameos. 

Eddie is making such bad choices but I do really feel bad for him. He seems so lonely and that he still isn't really dealing with how hard this is for him, and that's making him do really stupid things. For as much as everyone has focused so much on checking in with each other and seeing each others problems, I feel like people should be more aware of how much Eddie is struggling. Stealing pills from Gary's house? Really? How can he not get caught? How can Gary not notice? Of course, Gary is the guy who told his recovering addict friend who is in terrible pain where the pain pills are and lied to his girlfriend about getting medical advice for her from his ex girlfriend...

Of course Maggie is pregnant, and of course she finds out in the most dramatic way and in the most dramatic time. I forget how long Maggie has been gone, is it even possible that the baby is Gary's? Its been awhile since they were together, wouldn't it be more likely that the baby is Jaimie's? Everyone knows that Gary and Maggie will get back together, but her having a baby with another guy could put that off for even longer. It could also lead to a big thing where Gary tells Maggie he wants to raise the baby with her and they cry and hug and Darcy and Jaimie will have to go fuck themselves while the heartwarming music swells. Poor Darcy has no idea this relationship is already over. 

The table read was cute, but if its totally based around what has happened to them, wont that get awkward sometimes? Do Eddie and Katherine really want to act out their marital problems for everyone? 

"This is us!" Yeah sure show, you wish. 

RE: the bolded part, I thought the same thing!  Rome couldn't even change the names?!  Talk about intrusive.  With this show's dramatics, the movie will get made, and then someone in the script will try to sue Rome for defamation of character, and he will have to get Katherine on the case. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'm seriously asking this:

How long has it been since Gary and Maggie has been a couple? In-universe timeline, not our real timeline.

Because I really can't see how this baby is Gary's. Gary and Maggie have been broken up for some time, right? I mean, long enough for Maggie's hair to grow back. 

Well, at least 6 months, because this announcement was prompted by her 6-month check. And I don't think they were a couple anymore when she was given the all-clear six months before this. But I could be misremembering. I remember Gary asking for her to let him know how her check went. But I think they had just ended their relationship at that time.

Because if she's 6 months pregnant, why isn't she showing? This would be more like 2 months along.

I think....

Stupid show timeline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, historylover820 said:

I'm seriously asking this:

How long has it been since Gary and Maggie has been a couple? In-universe timeline, not our real timeline.

Because I really can't see how this baby is Gary's. Gary and Maggie have been broken up for some time, right? I mean, long enough for Maggie's hair to grow back. 

Well, at least 6 months, because this announcement was prompted by her 6-month check. And I don't think they were a couple anymore when she was given the all-clear six months before this. But I could be misremembering. I remember Gary asking for her to let him know how her check went. But I think they had just ended their relationship at that time.

Because if she's 6 months pregnant, why isn't she showing? This would be more like 2 months along.

I think....

Stupid show timeline.

Gary and Darcy talked about babysitting for four weeks (I think) - and, if Maggie went to England around the time Delilah went to France, she could have been with Gary less than two months before learning about her pregnancy. This must be the classic Bridget Moynahan/Tom Brady/Gisele Bundchen storyline.

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Gary and Darcy talked about babysitting for four weeks (I think) - and, if Maggie went to England around the time Delilah went to France, she could have been with Gary less than two months before learning about her pregnancy. This must be the classic Bridget Moynahan/Tom Brady/Gisele Bundchen storyline.

Maggie went to England the night that Eddie got into his accident, and there was a month time jump when he got out of the hospital. So it's been at least two and a half months since Maggie went to England, but it was even longer when Maggie/Gary were together, since Gary/Darcy were together at least a couple of weeks in season 2. 

My best guess is that Gary and Maggie haven't been together for at least five months (I'm positive they had broken up well before season 2 ended, but I can't remember WHEN), so the baby should be Jamie's. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Maggie went to England the night that Eddie got into his accident, and there was a month time jump when he got out of the hospital. So it's been at least two and a half months since Maggie went to England, but it was even longer when Maggie/Gary were together, since Gary/Darcy were together at least a couple of weeks in season 2. 

My best guess is that Gary and Maggie haven't been together for at least five months (I'm positive they had broken up well before season 2 ended, but I can't remember WHEN), so the baby should be Jamie's. 

And that's what I'm thinking as well. Because Gary and Darcy didn't begin a relationship immediately after his breakup with Maggie. It was probably pretty quick, but there was a time where he was doing really stupid things, like starting fights and getting him and Rome arrested after his breakup.

Plus, I seem to remember Maggie and Gary talking at a school function (for maybe Theo?) after their breakup, and Maggie's hair had grown in. It was pretty short, and hair grows at different rates, but she was still wearing wigs when they broke up.

So, I agree--it's probably been at least 5-6 months since they were together.

• Love 1