Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Non-Essential

• Start Topic

On 3/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Me, too. It feels like much longer than 5 minutes, though.

Totally!  On more than one occasion, I've said out loud to myself "Seriously, HOW is Grey's Anatomy STILL a thing?!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I just cannot stand Maggie.  Her ridiculous dancing while doing dishes was horrendous, she made Elaine from Seinfeld look like a good dancer.  I don’t think the baby is Gary’s, they were broken up a long time going back to her being in love with the guy who lied about getting her brother’s heart.  Wonder what is going on with the Delilah character?  She is stuck in France because her Dad fell but now the borders are closed so she is stuck there indefinitely.  Charlie will be 5 before she gets back and apparently Eddie doesn’t give a shit, he is too busy trying to figure out how to get pills.  Eventually he will drink again to numb the pain when he cannot get his hands on meds.  Katherine will have an affair with that kind lawyer.  Where was Theo when they were at the table reading?  I hope they don’t screw over Darcy, she is much more likable than Maggie.

I looked it up......According this, Gary and Maggie broke up in the fall finale of Season 2, and then the second half of season 2 picked up 3 months later. I don't recall them hooking up again after they split, but I could be missing it.  Since there was another time jump after Maggie went to England, and then more time passed before this last episode, I don't see how Gary could possibly be the father.

Season 2 seems like a really long time ago.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 3/12/2021 at 10:25 AM, Trillian said:

Does no woman on tv keep track of her period? The surprise pregnancy revealed by a doctor running a routine test looking for something else is getting really old.  Maybe Maggie will later say something like “I’ve been so irregular since the last chemo, it didn’t dawn on me” but, c’mon.

I'm not on TV but I stopped bothering trying to track my period because it was too irregular to make it meaningful.  I just went by physical pre-mentrual symptoms.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:31 PM, KaveDweller said:

She first slept with Jamie a couple episodes ago before Deliliah left for Europe. And didn't they say Delilah was there over a month? So that is enough time to get pregnant.

As far as I remember from middle school biology classes, one time is enough to get pregnant.

On 3/13/2021 at 10:39 AM, circumvent said:

Then we can have the whole drama of Gary possibly being the father of two babies at the same time because, as we already concluded, this show takes the  (physics?) notion that time, and probably space, don't really exist as we need them to exist (or we would all go bananas, and our brains would explode). Hey, maybe we are bashing their lack of a coherent timeline when they are actually way too advanced and can actually understand those concepts in a way we cannot. Who knows?

Can you explain why Gary couldn't be the father of two babies at the same time?

Edited by Leeds

It takes about 2 seconds for me to hate Maggie as much as ever.  She sarcastically asks her landlord, "Do you mind?" as he hears Catherine talking about looking forward to learning about who Maggie has been screwing.  Hey Maggie, you're the one with the open door and the phone on speaker.

Newsflash to Gary, England is part of Europe.

Rome at the table read to Gary's girlfriend who's sitting in for Delila:  "Don't worry about the French accent, it's too hard for the read."  Tells me she would be pretty authentic if she did try - she'd probably come up with Delila's wandering accent.

Edited by Leeds
"to" not "tp"
  • Love 1

It took me 3 tries to get through this episode! I kept sitting down to watch it and getting easily distracted by something else.

My read was Maggie was hesitant to tell Gary she's pregnant because she thinks that will ruin any chance they have of getting back together in the future, not because there's a chance he's the father. She (seemingly) freely tells Jamie in the preview for the next ep because it's his. Not that it takes more than one time, but based on their conversation in the kitchen while she was on hold, I got the impression they'd continued sleeping together.

I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to feel bad for Eddie, but I don't. I find the whole storyline obnoxious.

I hope Delilah stays in France for the rest of the season and we have to deal with her minimally.

Maybe I should stop watching this show... 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Prediction: We suddenly find out that there was that one time post-breakup (when Darcy was having cold feet about the relationship) - making Gary Maggie’s baby daddy after all.

3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Prediction: We suddenly find out that there was that one time post-breakup (when Darcy was having cold feet about the relationship) - making Gary Maggie’s baby daddy after all.

It’s possible because AMLT is all about being dramatic. Jamie the father vs Gary the daddy... Gary will have more dramatic impact 🤣

Came here for a completely different, though insignificant, reason. What was Theo's musical? Katherine and Eddie said they were going to see "Oklahoma!" The singer of "Surrey with the Fringe on Top" is Will, the lead. So was Theo the playing the lead??? If so, why was he responsible for making a surrey costume? The day before the show.... Odd things bother me.

If Maggie can fly home for a cancer screening, why can't Delilah's father fly home with a broken leg? Injured people fly all the time. And as we know, pretty much all Americans came home at the beginning of the pandemic. Are they getting some medical extension on their visas?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, smartymarty said:

Came here for a completely different, though insignificant, reason. What was Theo's musical? Katherine and Eddie said they were going to see "Oklahoma!" The singer of "Surrey with the Fringe on Top" is Will, the lead. So was Theo the playing the lead??? If so, why was he responsible for making a surrey costume? The day before the show.... Odd things bother me.

If Maggie can fly home for a cancer screening, why can't Delilah's father fly home with a broken leg? Injured people fly all the time. And as we know, pretty much all Americans came home at the beginning of the pandemic. Are they getting some medical extension on their visas?

but then we get Delilah back on the show and having her gone is a good thing

• Love 1
On 4/2/2021 at 10:00 AM, smartymarty said:

If Maggie can fly home for a cancer screening, why can't Delilah's father fly home with a broken leg?

I thought he had a broken hip. If so, I can see where that would be harder for a long flight.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:00 AM, smartymarty said:

I think he was playing the actual surrey, in that weird way elementary school musicals stretch to give everyone a role. Katherine mentioned that he had only one line. I guessed he was singing that one line she quoted ("chicks and geese and ducks better hurry," or something like that), since it comes right before the line about the surrey in the song. (Yes, I thought about this too, haha)

• Love 2