Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: About Last Night

• Start Topic

Yara gives Jovi an ultimatum; Tarik and Hazel's ex causes new issues; Betty invites herself dress shopping; Natalie attempts to move forward; Zied makes new demands; Amira feels pressured to go to Serbia; Ryan's cousin joins Stephanie. Airs February 28, 2021.

Jovi is garbage, and I feel so sad for Yara. I'm glad she put him in his place. She is becoming my favorite cast member.

The segments with Stephanie are really painful to watch. I was really hoping Stephanie would have just left Belize by now. I mean, why are you sticking around and sleeping with a guy who doesn't even consider you his fiance? And when I saw her meet up with Harris, he looked like he was wearing a disguise.

The more I watch Ron and Betty and Brandon, Brandon is definitely like Betty, and it’s annoying. I hate that Brandon makes fun of Julia when she mispronounces things or says something that’s not a perfect translation. Also, after the way Betty has treated Julia, I don't blame her for not wanting her to go to the dress shop.

I don't like Natalie, but I cannot stand Mike. He’s manipulative, gaslighting and passive aggressive. He also had the power not to sponsor her for the fiancé visa, yet he did, so it’s all on him now. The ring thing is just an excuse to torment her. She says the wrong things but at the end of the day, she is putting more effort to make the relationship work than he is. He hasn't tried even a little bit. He's silently punishing her every day and that is very difficult to bear. Nothing is worse than the silent treatment. At least she says something. Sure, she’s wacko, but he’s calculated. I think she needs to go home.

Also, is Natalie's friend Svetlana the one who got a nose job? If so, it worked. Her nose is enormous!

• Love 22

Late last night I watched the expanded show from last week and the preview back to back so they are so intertwined in my brain it is hard to sort them.  I did watch the bonus sections in about 5 minutes or less as there were 2 concerning Hazel and Tariq which I did not watch at all.

All I got from both is there may be a wedding or two in the season.  Natalie is throwing in the towel and going to go all sweetie-pie on Mike because she is 35 and wants a family, not that that means she thinks Mike is perfect for her.  I am really meh about Mike,, but I would be concerned going into a marriage with a 35 year-old woman with two divorces behind her.  Of course, his first marriage ended in  divorce so there's that.  This truly does not seem the best combo for a successful marriage.

Julia is going wedding dress shopping.  She wants to take Brandon only, but,  of course, Betty wants to go as well.    Does anyone expect Brandon, mom, and Julia to agree on the perfect dress?  Nope, it will always be 2-1 and the one will always be Julia.   One is the loneliest number.....

The preview show is always about 1/3 preview for the show and 2/3 a sneak peak at stuff only on Discovery +.   Tonight is was Pillow Talk about the Single Life which is supposed to involves our favorite 90 dayers.   This reminds me I need to write them a letter--

Dear Discovery+. your terminology is a bit off.  The people on your show have viewers, not fans.  And if we have favorites, they are favorites because they make the best snark material.  Also the placement of your  ad on my screen is very annoying and occasionally has blocked my closed caps.   Snarkily yours,  Mrs. Twopper.

I did stop ff thru the Discovery+ because there was a scene with Brittany in a sex toy shop and they have Yazan watching her for PT.  He is with the translator from their season --David, I think?--  who is finding it very awkward trying to translate what is going on.  It was hilarious.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

Just watched the 20 minute preview.

Yara had every right to tell Jovi off, express her concerns about his drinking, him partying with his friends and leaving her alone. She doesn’t know anyone. What I didn’t like was her using being pregnant as a crutch - she can’t be left alone for five minutes. Jovi is immature and so is she. As a couple, you are not glued together and with his job, you will need to learn how to be a bit more independent.

Stephanie sure has a potty mouth. All those f bombs don’t make you a sophisticated, elegant, classy lady. She came across as trash. And no, don’t see Harris. Go home, get back to your life, and cut off the cash and gifts. And maybe do a little work on yourself and your need for control.

Poor Julia. Having Mother Brandon invite herself along to pick a wedding dress. Surprised Mother didn’t pull hers out and expect Julia to fit it and do some minor alterations. Betty will put her needs and wants and sense of style first. If Mom is paying for it, the dress will be what she wants. Drop her off at the shop and she can work with the sales people on a dress that she chooses within the budget available. Come back in an hour.

I got tired of Say Yes to the Dress. Very few unique or interesting dresses. A lot of brides chose a similar one to the person on the show the week before. Some had interesting stories but many came across as spoiled and entitled to go over the budget. I also had no idea of how you can bring 10 people to help choose a dress. You will never get a consensus. The snow should allow 3-4 at most. Go by yourself and then maybe bring a couple of people when you have chosen three gowns you like.

I wonder how many of the brides in the show are still married and how many resold their dress for a fraction of its cost. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

She came across as trash. And no, don’t see Harris. Go home, get back to your life, and cut off the cash and gifts. And maybe do a little work on yourself and your need for control

Where is Jesse when you need him? He’d be happy to be Stephanie’s life coach. She can shower him with expensive watches while he shows his gratitude with a paltry friendship ring.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3

The Betty/Julia/Brandon wedding dress shopping trip has struck a chord with me.  I feel bad for Betty, I think she'll feel terribly left out if she can't be a part of that.  I'm sure though, that she'll try to influence the dress decision, but Julia can try and be a big girl and not be talked into something she doesn't want.  I like Julia, just thinking maybe she needs to keep trying to support a good relationship with her MIL.  Not including her in this shopping trip won't help.

• Love 8

Natalie has come to her senses and says she’s going to forgive Mike and move forward... for about 8 seconds.  She’s going to drag the “cheating” accusation around like a dead cat for the rest of Mike’s life. 

I’m liking Yara more each week. It must be very hard to be pregnant in a foreign country with no support except the useless Jovi. The poor girl is  sitting there crying and Jovi gives zero fucks. I feel sorry for her.  She should take herself and her baby bump back to Ukraine asap  Jovi won’t even notice she’s gone  

Lunatic Natalie has some completion from psychotic Stephanie. Repeatedly screaming , “Fuck off and die Ryan” and running to the arms of cousin Harris shows us exactly what she is: a crazy, aging, desperate shrew.  Good luck to the poor schmuck who ends up with her. 

I don’t feel badly for Mommy Brandon. Her bitchy, jealous attitude is practically forcing Julia to hate her. No one wants or loves a mother-in-law with those traits. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
16 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Where is Jesse when you need him? He’d be happy to be Stephanie’s life coach. She can shower him with expensive watches while he shows his gratitude with a paltry friendship ring.

What about that dude thar was the relationship coach???  The guy with the boxes and the squiggle lines.  

My brain is an empty box because I cannot remember his name, something with an A

• LOL 9
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

What about that dude thar was the relationship coach???  The guy with the boxes and the squiggle lines.  

My brain is an empty box because I cannot remember his name, something with an A

Ash.  Oh, how I've tried to forget he existed lol

• LOL 12
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I can understand Betty not having a daughter and this would be a dream for her.

I get that.  But I am an MOB (mother of boy) and I am resigned to the fact that I won't be part of that; OTOH I don't have to pay for it or wedding either!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, nytonc said:

Lunatic Natalie has some completion from psychotic Stephanie. Repeatedly screaming , “Fuck off and die Ryan” and running to the arms of cousin Harris shows us exactly what she is: a crazy, aging, desperate shrew.  Good luck to the poor schmuck who ends up with her. 

Don’t forget her spanking her phone and viciously stabbing the Mylar love balloons. Didn’t she say something about “maybe I should be with Harris?” Is she going to go back to Michigan “engaged” to him instead? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

During her scenes with Harris, it's clear to see that Stephanie is either drunk or high.  Instead of filming her, I wish production would step in and help, because surely, they can see that she needs help. 

If Yara hates America so much, I can't help but wonder why she agreed to move here.  Drunken Jovi is no Brad Pitt or Jon Hamm, so she can miss me with her talks of giving up her great life in the Ukraine for love.  

• Love 24
(edited)

Did Rebecca suddenly  forget she’s marrying a Muslim man?  Why is she surprised about Ramadan?  Does she want to marry her 27 year old fiancé Zied or does she want the wedding in the woods? The decision should be a no-brainer but, in Rebecca’s case, she is the no-brainer. 

Aw give poor lonely, betrayed Stephanie a break. She needs a good friend warm dick right now. 

She’s either really drunk or stoned out of her mind in her TH segments. 

6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Don’t forget her spanking her phone and viciously stabbing the Mylar love balloons. Didn’t she say something about “maybe I should be with Harris?” Is she going to go back to Michigan “engaged” to him 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 21
(edited)
On 2/27/2021 at 5:36 PM, Frozendiva said:

Just watched the 20 minute preview.

Yara had every right to tell Jovi off, express her concerns about his drinking, him partying with his friends and leaving her alone. She doesn’t know anyone. What I didn’t like was her using being pregnant as a crutch - she can’t be left alone for five minutes. Jovi is immature and so is she. As a couple, you are not glued together and with his job, you will need to learn how to be a bit more independent.

Stephanie sure has a potty mouth. All those f bombs don’t make you a sophisticated, elegant, classy lady. She came across as trash. And no, don’t see Harris. Go home, get back to your life, and cut off the cash and gifts. And maybe do a little work on yourself and your need for control.

Poor Julia. Having Mother Brandon invite herself along to pick a wedding dress. Surprised Mother didn’t pull hers out and expect Julia to fit it and do some minor alterations. Betty will put her needs and wants and sense of style first. If Mom is paying for it, the dress will be what she wants. Drop her off at the shop and she can work with the sales people on a dress that she chooses within the budget available. Come back in an hour.

I got tired of Say Yes to the Dress. Very few unique or interesting dresses. A lot of brides chose a similar one to the person on the show the week before. Some had interesting stories but many came across as spoiled and entitled to go over the budget. I also had no idea of how you can bring 10 people to help choose a dress. You will never get a consensus. The snow should allow 3-4 at most. Go by yourself and then maybe bring a couple of people when you have chosen three gowns you like.

I wonder how many of the brides in the show are still married and how many resold their dress for a fraction of its cost. 

I’m a New Yorker and don’t like “Say Yes to the Dress”.  They are expensive and all have the same drab look.  I’ve seen other states that have gorgeous dresses.  The only person going is a Mother or Sister .. not a whole gang, even men.  Actually, I went by myself.  I did go with my two daughters tho, cried when they came out, and paid for everything.  I also gave them the lace handkerchief to wear under their bracelets that I carried many many years ago at my wedding.  I also made them white satin money bags for the gifts.  It is a thrilling moment for a Mother.   Sorry, but Betty did not belong there after the way she treated Julia like a slave.  She didn’t even allow her a cup of tea that morning before slopping the pigs.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 15

How many more episodes of this season are left?

Jovi and Yara: Jovi, you have been sober for a couple of hours. Maybe Vacation Jovi was more fun than reality Jovi. Not easy to see where he lives and what he actually does when he is not jetting off somewhere to have some fun. He was a bit rude to Yara at the party - he could have spent some time introducing her to people and introducing her to some of his friends and maybe their wives or girlfriends. Nope, leave her high and dry not knowing anyone, and go off and spend time with the guys (esp. the ones at the crawfish party earlier). What did you give up to come to America, Yara? You know that your fiance will be working a lot from outside his home base and did you figure out what you were going to do when he was gone for a month or so? It is tough to move to a new place and not be a tourist in the city. Right now he is based in New Orleans and you have to settle for living there. She is the more mature of the two and that is not saying much. It's unfortunate that an unplanned and maybe unwanted by his father right now is coming in to the world. Maybe things will change when the reality of parenthood and putting another before you happens.

Brandon and Julia: Why did Brandon's mother invite herself along for the wedding dress shopping trip? She really hasn't been treating Julia like a new member of the family. More like farmhand help. Has she ever spent an afternoon getting to know her future daughter in law?  It was really awkward to have both her and Brandon there. At least she had her mom on a Facetime or other call. Brandon knows nothing about clothes and didn't care. Mother wanted her own way. The bridal shop must be very good in terms of alterations to get a dress ready for a very short notice wedding. You would need to be the sample size and just maybe have a nip and tuck in terms of getting the proper fit. They could have gone to Nordstrom or Saks or other department store in the area and found a nice cocktail type dress.

Stephanie and Ryan: Now they are over and she wants Harris? To comfort her for four days until she leaves.  Lady, enjoy the condo or whatever you are living in for that time and have some me-time to do what you want. Who cares about another dude so you won't be alone for a couple of days. I might feel a bit betrayed by Ryan, but the reality is that she hasn't seen him in almost a year and he has moved on. He likes the money and selling the stuff she buys him. That's about it. A long term partnership? Don't think so. Destroying the balloons was immature.

Hazel and Tarik: Why are they together? Hazel, if you want a girlfriend, get a different visa. Get a job as a nanny or other temporary foreign worker. Even though Tarik is boring, he deserves someone who wants to be with him and his daughter. Minty seems a better fit for him, but you don't want her because she is more attractive than you and Tarik will choose her over you. What will marrying him do? Pickings are slim in Covid times.

Andrew and Amira: Amira, listen to your father. Plan B Serbia may also not work. What has Andrew done to step up? The immigration lawyer may be right about asking for an extension because of Covid restrictions. Andrew has shown who he is and do you really want this? Is it about the Green Card? You're an attractive French woman who could find a better dude in Paris or Lyon.

Rebecca and Zied: Isn't Ramadan convenient? A big, fancy fourth wedding is a bit much, Becky. You have had three tosses of the bouquet already. The garter is stretched waaaaaaaaaaaaay much. Instead of planning a fancy day that you really can't afford just go to the courthouse or hire a justice of the peace and get married in a park or your apartment. Newsflash. It's nice to have a romantic getaway, but you could have put the money for that on renting a truck and moving the furniture to your apartment. Ramadan is tough and you may have a hangry Zied for 30 days. The 90 days isn't to see if this is what you really want, it is to plan the wedding and start the paperwork. Zied could have mentioned Ramadan or you could have spent some time online learning about the Muslim culture instead of gnawing at your face.

Mike and Natalie: Nats does look softer and prettier without the face warpaint. Her friend had some good advice for her. She did apologize to Mike and finally got out of him that he was still angry that she returned/threw the ring. There is a lot to fix and maybe some may not be fixable. At least they did have some sort of breakthrough and maybe now that they each know the other is hurting and lashing out, maybe there might be some movement. Otherwise, let the visa run out and send her home. She shouldn't have to settle for some dude just to get married and have a baby. The baby's job isn't to bring the parents together or tie a bandaid to a relationship. 22 days is a short time to get any kind of wedding together.

• Love 19

Whoo boy, its rare that I finish an episode and really kinda hate everyone, but it is what it is.

1. Julia - I get that Brandon probably told her a few doozies and made things seem much better than they are.  But in what universe do you expect that a man who has to live with his parents BEFORE you get married is going to suddenly move you off the farm after he has paid for this big wedding you seem intent on having?  Does she think she is going to land a six figure income right away?  They are going to live on that farm forever, and her willful ignorance is annoying

2. Brandon - why does he think he is amusing?  But good on him for telling Betty to shut her piehole.  You just know she was dying to pick the dress.   However, it doesn't seem like Brandon likes Julia and he certainly doesn't respect her. 

3. Andrew and Amira - I am now convinced that they are more equally to blame for the situation.  The fact that she is even willing to consider the Serbia caper after being detained in Mexico.....I just can't, does she have some sort of Stockholm syndrome.  And why does she keep trying to talk herself into going.  Even if Andrew was pushing her, she should say no, but even when Andrew says its okay she is freaking out.  However, I am completely team Amira's father who was dropping all sorts of truth bombs.  Andrew never even bothered to leave the hotel, and he is seriously like "well why is she mad at me?" mf'er you had an entire 2 week vacation while she was locked up because she tried to do this plan!  

4. Tarik and Hazel - It seems fairly clear to me that Hazel would like a woman to satiate Tarik sexually, but she doesn't want to lose the perks of being his wife/girlfriend/fiance , such as money and getting her son into the US.  

It takes all type to make the world go round.  But, from Tarik's comments they have to find a woman that will be content to be "number two" to Hazel's "number one"  and I think thats a tall order.  Some women are going to be okay with that....I don't think there are a LOT of women though.  Which is why when they went looking on a website, they were innundated with escorts.  There is probably a lot of demand and lot a lot of supply for women who want to be "number two" or a third wheel in an already committed relationship.  And both Tarik and Hazel seem very clear that whoever joined their relationship wouldn't be an equal, she would be a subordinate.  Hazel seems to want a sister wife, but even then, I don't think its going to work the way she and Tarik see it.  They should probably just hire an escort regularly if this is what they want to do.  

And are they going to expect this "number two" to never want to get a relationship of her own, is she supposed to spend her life just happy to be "number two" to Hazel?  

5. Gwen - can kiss my entire ass, and then she can kiss yara's too.  I hope Yara shuts her all the way down.  She HAS to be at the wedding, how can she NOT be invited.  And then when Yara says no, she starts looking at Jovi.  Bitch, what the hell is he going to do!  Drag her to a wedding she doesn't want to go to, because of you?  

"Well thats not cool"  Bitch, who asked for your commentary and opinions Gwen...oh thats, right, no one.  Shut your trap before you end up never seeing your own grandchild. 

6. Rebecca - I just can't with her....how is she nearly 50?  You have been married three times, maybe enough with the big ceremonies and the fluffy white dress.  

She is just a drip.  She can't marry Zied before Ramadan because when she married her ex-husband, he changed immediately.  Girl, what are you even talking about?  You are going to either marry Zied before Ramadan, or after Ramadan......if you're worried about him "suddenly changing" then he is either going to "suddenly change" in a week, or in 90 days.  So you should have never committed to marrying him if you think he is going to "suddenly change" once you marry him.  That is nothing you can control, and if you're this worried about it, you should have never brought him here on a K1 visa to begin with.  

Also, who the hell is going to come to her wedding in the middle of a pandemic?  No one is trying to go to her super spreader wedding.  If she NEEDS to have a wedding ceremony, then she can get a basic court marriage for the time being and do a giant affair after Ramadan.  Why is this so hard for her?  

7. Mike/Natalie - LOL, they only have a "few more weeks" until the visa expires, it'll be interesting to see if Natalie is able to hold back her crazy for a few more weeks.  I'm guessing not, but she REALLY wants that ring, so....maybe?

8. Stephani - there is a whole lot to dig into, but first, she walks a lot older than her age.  I wonder if she had a hip replaced.  She walks so stiffly.  I've said it before, but its still true, there is some kind of methamphetamine in those "youth shots" she is taking.  

Harris must be awful in the sack, she didn't even offer him a couple of watches in exchange for sex.  

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Southwest now flies into and out of Belize.  Surely she could have taken a ferry to the mainland and gotten a flight back home.  

Harris is ready for the come up.  And I'm not going to lie, it would be a total come up for him.  I don't think he would be earning the money he assumes he would in the states, but a farm hand in belize is a tough job that probably doesn't pay very well.  

I do think it sucks for Ryan, who assumes that he has this posh resort job so he doesn't have to rely on Stephanie and he can tell her to pound sand.  Its going to suck when he learns the truth.  

• Love 18
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Don’t forget her spanking her phone and viciously stabbing the Mylar love balloons. Didn’t she say something about “maybe I should be with Harris?” Is she going to go back to Michigan “engaged” to him instead? 

That was so bizarre!  The phone spanking thing....I was like "girl, you know this isn't how a phone works just because he is talking to you on the phone doesn't mean he can feel it when you slap the phone, I mean, you know that right?"

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Ugh...so mach to say. So mach. 

You know what, Rebecca? If you don't want a man who cares about his culture and religion then quit looking for men in other countries...Hell, it's hard enough marrying a foreigner from a country that's similar to ours-like England. I'm Team Zied for this one. 

I gotta say, Betty is THE VISIT crazy but I actually thought it was sweet the way she seemed genuinely excited to help Julia. When I was pregnant and abroad I tried to get my crazy mother in law invested in the birth of her grandson. Tried to being her on doctor visits, help me buy maternity clothes and baby clothes. I was thousands of miles away from my own mom and I wanted to be close to his. She couldn't give AF. I think Betty wants to think of Julia as a daughter-it's just that she wants to think of her as her internationally adopted teenager and not her son's future wife. 

I ff through Hazel and Tarik. 

Brandon's a little shit. 

I continue to think that Andrew has sold a pack of lies to Amira about what life in the US is going to be like. She can do better, but she's also a few fries short of a Happy Meal to continue on with this. 

Stephanie is either overly medicated or needs to be. 

I maintain that those "youth serums" are barely legal synthetic meth or speedball.  There is no way she got a loan to start a business and was acting this insane. 

I can see it now

"My name is Stephani and as you can see from my prospectus id like to start a med spa in the local area"

"Ma'am, this is a Wendys"

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

It's a real toss up for the most ridiculous person this episode.

We've got high as a kite Stephanie, wailing and slapping her phone, and then, newly single for 5 minutes, hooks up with her ex's cousin.  Yeah, that relationship with Ryan was obviously a deep and meaningful one.  I wonder why her first phone call wasn't to her friend that she's paying to employ Ryan.  Maybe after she hits the sheets with Harris.  Apparently she's yet to have a good lay in Belize.

Next up is Rebecca.  Zied claims he can't marry during Ramadan, but maybe Rebecca was watching Danielle and Mohammad, and thought he could? Either way, you'd think this would have come up in conversation.  Someone needs to tell her to quit chewing on her cheeks and take off her damn Indiana Jones hat when she's sitting in the house.  And quit saying you can't have more kids because you had a hysterectomy.  You can't have more kids because YOU'RE 50.

• Love 23
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

During her scenes with Harris, it's clear to see that Stephanie is either drunk or high.  Instead of filming her, I wish production would step in and help, because surely, they can see that she needs help. 

I came here to say this. She is a high on Rx drugs sex tourist. If the gender roles were reversed like Big Ed we would be crucifying Stephanie. They shouldn’t film her anymore. She is not kooky she is getting a bit of a pass cuz  she is thin white blonde and fair skinned she is a sex tourist with a substance problem.  

That said she didn’t deserve an assault.

also that said, Hair-usss is better looking by ten miles than Ryan. Gawd this show ! Did I really just type that ? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 14

If Rebecca is so worried about Zied using her like her (barley legal) ex husband, then WHY on earth is she putting herself in the exact same position (and circumstances), that it could happen again? Idiot KEEPS making the same dumb mistakes and choices all cuz she wants young tail. I also think that religion is one of the foundations to a successful marriage. I am not religious, therefore I would never marry a religious man, Kids, religion, politics and money are deal breakers for me. I would think these are fundamental differences that personally, I could not overcome at my age. Nor would I want to even try. 

Have no idea why these American women all seem so surprised at the Muslim men's religious requests/rules. Though Ramadan, suspiciously, does seem to be used on this show out of convenience? But maybe that is done on purpose as a plot line ever since Danielle and Mohamed.  BTW, when I google them, "Danielle and Mohamed smell" is the first search option 😆  What a legacy! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Chloe Dog said:

It's a real toss up for the most ridiculous person this episode.

We've got high as a kite Stephanie, wailing and slapping her phone, and then, newly single for 5 minutes, hooks up with her ex's cousin.  Yeah, that relationship with Ryan was obviously a deep and meaningful one.  I wonder why her first phone call wasn't to her friend that she's paying to employ Ryan.  Maybe after she hits the sheets with Harris.  Apparently she's yet to have a good lay in Belize.

Next up is Rebecca.  Zied claims he can't marry during Ramadan, but maybe Rebecca was watching Danielle and Mohammad, and thought he could? Either way, you'd think this would have come up in conversation.  Someone needs to tell her to quit chewing on her cheeks and take off her damn Indiana Jones hat when she's sitting in the house.  And quit saying you can't have more kids because you had a hysterectomy.  You can't have more kids because YOU'RE 50.

And this is where I question her being raped by Ryan, if you have been sexually abused would your first move the next day be finding your next lay?  I hate to call anyone who has been raped or abused a liar but it is really hard for me to believe her. I think her drug use has fogged her brain, her antics are juvenile and if Harris or Hairus as she says was smart he would not answer her calls, no matter how many trinkets he would get, "crazy" is a trinket he does not need. Did we get confirmation about Ryan cheating?  I LOVED how Harris said he could do better than Stephanie to get to the states but he should know, not everyone is rich, reality check is needed because that will be a rude awakening if he ever does get here.

Rebecca is so effing stupid, why does she speak like Tarzan? If I were Zied I would be insulted if she thought that was the only way I understand English. "Look, we have big time, love much pizza and see horse, ride carriage, see many tree, rain bad, visa much hurry, run out."  

Did Zied know to put detergent in the dishwasher? If he home all day alone, why much beer can and ashtray mess? Garbage no take out?  Rebecca is stupid, she has been thru this 3 other times (did you know her ex is from Morocco?), 

With Covid being a real thing why do these dolts think they are going to have any sort of wedding with a lot of people or how the could even afford a big venue?  

Stephanie spent a whopping $15.99 on her large lipstick and rubiks cube purse, she has quite the shaped purse collection, Yara spend under $20 for her sparkly dress (not thousands, hahahaha), those items are all over Amazon.

Do the imports have to surrender their passports in the 90 process, get married, file the paperwork then get temp status and get passports back?  At one time or another each import have said they would go back to their country (for stupid reasons) but wouldn't that mess up the process already in place?  Anyone have clarification on that?

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

I think each couple's at a different point in the beginning of the pandemic this season.  Last March when schools here went virtual, I can remember naively lamenting with my friend that our kids might have to be in virtual school for a whole month!  I think most of the people on the show are morons, but to be fair, in the beginning, most of us really didn't know what the pandemic was going to mean.

• Love 9
(edited)

Stephanie looked high AF.  Her desperation with Harris actually was pathetic.  And it actually scared me too -- like she's begging someone to completely take advantage of her.  Or maybe it's to continue to have a storyline.

This storyline of two people trying to meet somewhere after the first failed attempt is so ridiculous that I can't even believe they needed filler material so bad.

Hazel continues to make me feel sorry for her.  I think she wants a best friend, not a lover.  I don't know she just seems really sad.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 8

Guys, I've been an avid fan of 90 Day Fiance for almost 2 years, but I'm really not feeling this season at all. The drama seems very manufactured, some of the couples' storylines are ridiculous and boring, and there's way too many overbearing parents. Also, the season is lacking a Pillow Talk. At this point, I only watch the show just to read all of your comments and snark. Anyone else wish this season would be over already?

• Love 16
20 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Hazel continues to make me feel sorry for her.  I think she wants a best friend, not a lover.  I don't know she just seems really sad. 

I get the feeling that nothing makes Hazel happy.

She seems dim when it comes to wanting a girlfriend to join the mix, she became jealous of Menty/Minny/Minty when Tarik who loves all things Thai, women and food, etc...so now she wants a brown girl, they join a website and see there is much catfishing according to Tarzelique, he must spend a lot of time on the sites if he knows what girl is real vs. catfishers.  So they call Menty/Minny/Minty to ask her advice?  Didn't they find her on line, why would they need help now?  Has Hazel and Tarzel made any inroads towards a wedding of any type, shouldn't they do that first before involving themselves in another 90 situation?  Will TPTB even okay a second request in a year from the same person?  That would raise a red flag, right? If I were Tarzel I wouldn't go there, Hazel seems the jealous type, whatever girl could get here and in a week Hazel would decide she didn't like her so back she goes?  Why wouldn't they concentrate on getting her kid here first before going for broke on a gf for them?  Oh, is this one of those times where her kid is the most important thing in her life?

Hazel and Tarik should go to a swingers club and look for a local unicorn, see if they can last a hour or two without her getting jealous.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

So it's you've waited 2 years for him to come over, you've been married 2x before, why is getting married the 3rd time in a way you didn't exactly expect such a big fucking deal?  And of course, there's the cherry picking of religion.  I can sleep with you as an unmarried couple, except for the month of Ramadan.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Cammi said:

Have no idea why these American women all seem so surprised at the Muslim men's religious requests/rules.

I agree.  I worked with a Muslim woman and she explained Ramadan this way:  If you want to be intimate, be intimate - that is your spouse.  Some Muslims may be more strict on this rule, but she said her and her her hubby did not skip out on the shim sham during this time.  I do think Mohamad used it at an excuse not to kiss Danielle but he could have explained it before the ceremony.  

9 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

I had to Google it.  Ramadan 2021 begins on Monday, April 12.  Zied arrived in mid- or late January - a few days before entry into the US was restricted.  So, Zied was at worst pushing that they marry before Day 75 or so. 

But this was filmed in 2020, correct?  Ramadan was 4/23/20 through 5/23/20.  It really does not matter as I can't stand Rebecca and her fedora hat wanting a carriage ride to her fourth wedding.  Did you know she has an ex from Morocco?  

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I agree.  She is Debbie Downer.  "Tarik is too into Minty.  I miss Harrey."  Lather rinse, repeat.

Hey Julia  - news flash for ya:  No church is gonna allow that number with your boobs on display.  Heard of a modesty panel?  You will when the reverend gets a hold of that dress.  Maybe some looser churches won't care, but more strict religions might not like you coming down an aisle with all the gifts God gave you on display.

Andrew/Amira:  Girl, just drop this fool.  He has a way of talking that grates me.  He seems like the type to manipulate everything and turn it against you.   You are a beautiful girl, find a better man in France.  

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She seems dim when it comes to wanting a girlfriend to join the mix, she became jealous of Menty/Minny/Minty when Tarik who loves all things Thai, women and food, etc...so now she wants a brown girl, they join a website and see there is much catfishing according to Tarzelique, he must spend a lot of time on the sites if he knows what girl is real vs. catfishers.  So they call Menty/Minny/Minty to ask her advice?  Didn't they find her on line, why would they need help now?  Has Hazel and Tarzel made any inroads towards a wedding of any type, shouldn't they do that first before involving themselves in another 90 situation?  Will TPTB even okay a second request in a year from the same person?  That would raise a red flag, right? If I were Tarzel I wouldn't go there, Hazel seems the jealous type, whatever girl could get here and in a week Hazel would decide she didn't like her so back she goes?  Why wouldn't they concentrate on getting her kid here first before going for broke on a gf for them?  Oh, is this one of those times where her kid is the most important thing in her life?

Hazel and Tarik should go to a swingers club and look for a local unicorn, see if they can last a hour or two without her getting jealous.

At first I thought Hazel was just hoping that Tarik would leave her alone if she brought someone else to the bedroom so her jealousy was surprising.  Imagine how bad your situation is if you are jealous over that guy.  And this is bad but they both ugly.  Minty can do WAY better.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
Just now, Mrs. Hanson said:

But this was filmed in 2020, correct?  Ramadan was 4/23/20 through 5/23/20.  It really does not matter as I can't stand Rebecca and her fedora hat wanting a carriage ride to her fourth wedding.  Did you know she has an ex from Morocco?  

You're right.  I corrected my post.  Rebecca's still chewing her cheek over a 2- or 3-week remainder on his K-1 visa, as if she needs every single one of the 90 days to decide if she should marry him (because he's not allowed to divorce her).  

Zied arrived in January 2020.  Their camera crew hasn't had to drop everything and run yet, like Tarzel's did two episodes ago.  Julia may have arrived in Fall 2020, pre-election, based on their scenes.  Stephanie's story was filmed in October 2020, with our introduction to her filmed in July or August 2020.  The timelines of the couples this season are scattered.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

You're right.  I corrected my post.  Rebecca's still chewing her cheek over a 2- or 3-week remainder on his K-1 visa, as if she needs every single one of the 90 days to decide if she should marry him (because he's not allowed to divorce her).  

Zied arrived in January 2020.  Their camera crew hasn't had to drop everything and run yet, like Tarzel's did two episodes ago.  Julia may have arrived in Fall 2020, pre-election, based on their scenes.  Stephanie's story was filmed in October 2020, with our introduction to her filmed in July or August 2020.  The timelines of the couples this season are scattered.

It is sad that I cared  enough to look it up!!

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

Stephanie looked high AF.  Her desperation with Harris actually was pathetic.  And it actually scared me too -- like she's begging someone to completely take advantage of her.  Or maybe it's to continue to have a storyline.

This fucking storyline of two people trying to meet somewhere after the first failed attempt is so ridiculous that I can't even believe they needed filler material so bad.

She could easily be taken advantage of, and in a far uglier way.  

I dont feel sorry for hazel because I think she wants some subordinate to do the work of having sex with tarik (which she seems very uninterested in) while she reaps the benefits of the relationship, like financial stability and an opportunity to bring her son here. 

They are looking for a "girlfriend " who has to essentially be a secret, cannot be introduced to anyone and has to be a subordinate to Hazel. Can this third have their own relationship, and no one expects the girlfriends s/o to have an issue with her being the third in another relationship?  

I'm sure there is a girl who is down for all this. I'm just not sure there are as many women desperate to have sex with the two of them under these conditions as they think. 

They are basically looking for an employee they don't have to pay.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She could easily be taken advantage of, and in a far uglier way.  

I dont feel sorry for hazel because I think she wants some subordinate to do the work of having sex with tarik (which she seems very uninterested in) while she reaps the benefits of the relationship, like financial stability and an opportunity to bring her son here. 

They are looking for a "girlfriend " who has to essentially be a secret, cannot be introduced to anyone and has to be a subordinate to Hazel. Can this third have their own relationship, and no one expects the girlfriends s/o to have an issue with her being the third in another relationship?  

I'm sure there is a girl who is down for all this. I'm just not sure there are as many women desperate to have sex with the two of them under these conditions as they think. 

They are basically looking for an employee they don't have to pay.  

Right -- my initial thought is that Hazel was looking for someone to have sex with her dumb BF (are they married yet?) so she wouldn't have to. But her disdain of the Thai woman b/c Tarik loves Thai women was puzzling.  Although I suppose she could be worried he would dump her.

Whatever the case, if I had to be anywhere close to that idiot, I would have to be talked down from the nearest ledge.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Even though I think Betty is generally portraying herself as batshit crazy I didn’t mind her in the bridal shop. While she should never have invited herself she was interested and excited in Julia’s choices. She was welcoming to Julia’s mother and has obviously learned some of the language. It could have been so much worse.

My now DIL invited me when she was looking at dresses. I only have sons. I thought it was really sweet and touching. I only expressed my opinion when asked , well aware it was her wedding and not mine. I was lucky and she looked lovely in everything.

• Love 21
24 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Right -- my initial thought is that Hazel was looking for someone to have sex with her dumb BF (are they married yet?) so she wouldn't have to. But her disdain of the Thai woman b/c Tarik loves Thai women was puzzling.  Although I suppose she could be worried he would dump her.

Whatever the case, if I had to be anywhere close to that idiot, I would have to be talked down from the nearest ledge.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  She doesn't want to risk having someone around that Tarik might be interested in having a relationship with because it risks her position as "number one"  I don't think its anything more than that.  But she is perfectly happy for someone else to have sex with Tarik while she reaps the benefits of whatever other perks he can provide.  

I have no problem with the transactional relationship between two adults.  But you gotta hold up your end of the deal if you're in one.  Shifting your job duties to an unpaid intern isn't fair. 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

My now DIL invited me when she was looking at dresses. I only have sons. I thought it was really sweet and touching. I only expressed my opinion when asked , well aware it was her wedding and not mine. I was lucky and she looked lovely in everything.

I have only sons too, and it is my hope to never have to go dress shopping!  If I am invited I will go and be gracious and quiet but if not......phew!  

9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I have no problem with the transactional relationship between two adults.  But you gotta hold up your end of the deal if you're in one.  Shifting your job duties to an unpaid intern isn't fair. 

This exactly.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Does Rebecca not understand Covid though....its not like she can have a huge wedding anyways.

If you wants a "nice" wedding couldnt they book this place they are at and stay a week there and hire a justice of peace to come there and marry them in the woods. Surely they can pull that off in a few weeks.

also is tarik actually this much of and idiot...

Edited by Aradea831
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

That would be the trade-off so that she could have the 4th wedding of her dreams, with a horse-drawn carriage, chicken buffet, fedora veil and strapless gown to show off her tattoo sleeves.

Haha and a tiered wedding cake w/the cascading staircases! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Haha and a tiered wedding cake w/the cascading staircases! 

She's trying to score a bigger time block on her episode.  "But you have to film us cutting the cake!!!!"

• LOL 3

Rebecca's talk of a "real wedding" as opposed to a justice of the peace is really insulting to those folks who did have a justice of the peace wedding.  That IS a real wedding.  You get married in your living room?  That is a real wedding.  I don't like the dismissiveness her tone.  Then again I don't like her, so there is THAT factor.

That phone call to Minty was so cringy - it was obvious it was to see if Minty was still into Tarik.  He probably wants to send Hazel home and get with her.  

Stephanie - I have no words for her Xanax-ed soul.  She is just a hot dumpster fire of a mess.

• Love 16
(edited)

I’m trying to figure out why I don’t remember a lot of this but I decided it’s because I’m tired from getting my second covid shot.  So I better pull up the episode and rewatch.  
I think we can safely say that love preferences that draw an American abroad are unique and often based on fantasy ideals.  
I still think Natalie (2failed marriages) and Mike (1failed marriage) both need individual and marriage therapy and it will take a lot longer than 22 days.  
Rebecca is aiming for her 4th marriage.  She needs serious therapy as well.  Maybe pay for that instead of fillers, Botox, etc - but please get your hair done.  I know lots of people are team Zied, but why does he need this?  Her marriage track record speaks for itself, she deliberately defies his culture in his country, forces him to defy his culture and religion, she brings nothing to the table other than a gaming unit (Xbox 🤣) and an expert level at face tuning apps... that’s it.  If Rebecca was not American but a local Tunisian, would Zied be willing to accept this much compromise?
Clearly, Brandon’s mom created his dating app profile and cherry picked Julia for whatever reason - and paid for her to come over.  Brandon paid for the courtship fancy vacations.  But Betty feels she deserves to participate because she picked out a daughter, not her son’s wife.  
Stephanie needs to go to rehab more than she needs to be in that cabana bonking the help.  I want to see Ryan’s face when he hears that he’s fired because Steph canceled her checks to the resort owner.  
I hate Andrew and I cannot see why Amira would be attracted to him.  For him to suggest that she go to Serbia next, well my first words would be “are you going to pay for it all?” And then I would say, “well, you go first.”

Edited by Colfrmb
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

This week's winner in a tight contest for most contrived storyline is Amira and her dad. First of all, he couldn't issue his ultimatum without half a smile, and she almost laughs too. And there's no chance any real human being would remotely consider going to Serbia for two weeks to get with this fucking LARPer. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6