Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Customer Satisfaction

Aulty

When Jeff returns to push customer satisfaction surveys, Mateo enlists Garrett’s help to hide his relationship with Eric. Dina, Glenn and Cheyenne’s plan to boost the scores creates new and bigger problems. Jonah tries to convince Sandra and other workers to value themselves.

Original Air Date: 03/11/2021

• Love 2

More details for tomorrow’s episode.

Spoiler

While there’s been no word on America Ferrera’s potential return as Amy, Superstore fans can look forward to return of at least one familiar face: In the March 11 episode — airing at a special time, 8:30/7:30c, following President Biden’s COVID address — Mateo’s ex-boyfriend Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin) returns to push customer satisfaction surveys. Upon Jeff’s return, “Mateo enlists Garrett’s help to hide his relationship with Eric.”

Excellent episode! Jeff is a treat. I miss him! Maybe it's the flood and destroyed merchandise that triggers the store closing rather than Carol's lawsuit. Poor Sandra, reschedules the guy's dentist appointment and had to give herself a 1 star. lol.

WHAT THE BLEEEEEP IS WRONG WITH THIS STORE??

• Love 12

This is an interesting choice to wrap the series.  After a year of retail workers, who don't usually make a lot of money, were forced to risk their health to keep stores like this open, the show is choosing to depict our favorite crew as store risking incompetent?

I mean they've always had their moments but yeeesh.

Seeing Jeff makes me sad.  I loved Mateo and Jeff and that hidden relationship/fake relationship with Sandra was the story that hooked me on the show.  It was the funniest ongoing story I had seen on sitcoms in years.  Plus, they actually somewhat addressed the power imbalance in their positions in a way that they basically ignored with Jonah and Amy. 

Ah season 2, how I miss you.  I might need to go back and rewatch it.

• Love 8

Getting rid of Amy really was the best thing this show could have done. I laughed a lot. I died when Glenn was all, "Jeff, did you do this?"

I worked retail and a customer putting weird shit in. a toilet is not unheard of. 

• Love 15

Sandra singing Superfreak to Jonah while stroking his back - I died! And great to have Jeff back, too.

1 hour ago, Maya said:

What was up with Cheyenne’s eye makeup? That was disturbing LOL. 

I noticed that as well. Maybe she's been watching The Queen's Gambit and was inspired by the 60s makeup looks.

• Love 9

I have a feeling the writers had a version of this story stowed away somewhere for quite a while in case the series got the axe. It would have worked at any time, even with Amy around. Granted its a bit much on the back of Covid, but not ooc. They tried to manipulate the fitbit challenge and there was an episode about Social Media numbers iirc.

Did they bring Jeff back to indicate that there  is place - a more tedious one - at Cloud 9 even for the most incompetent people?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Court said:

I worked retail and a customer putting weird shit in. a toilet is not unheard of. 

No kidding. I could easily see that happening. That they didn't cut water, call corporate and close the store right away is a management problem that could put the store in danger, as was losing all that product that didn't get shelved. But the idea that a customer would damage the toilets for a laugh is very believable. If Jeff doesn't believe that, I don't think he's spent enough time around customers.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Maya said:

What was up with Cheyenne’s eye makeup? That was disturbing LOL. 

Especially compared to last week where she looked amazing with her hair down. 

Also. Jonah is literally the worst. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Court said:

I died when Glenn was all, "Jeff, did you do this?"

Glenn was on fire. I cackled when he said "WHAT?!" at the news that their store was a problem store. His delivery was amazing. And when he came up to Jeff completely drenched, I fell out. 

(I actually do fill out those surveys if I got excellent customer service. If I can, I tell the manager too. I make a point of saying "Is your manager around? I'd like to tell her how helpful you were" or something so they know I'm not complaining.)

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 14

I actually like the idea of the store being closed down for the finale. Realistic. 

And that actually was a good idea on how to get better customers ratings And responses.  Underhanded and they messed it up but the idea what good

Jonahs arrogance once again gets the best if him.   Not everyone finds you charming and witty.   

• Love 11

This episode had me laugh out loud laughing at times,  Mateo being 'jealous" of Jeff's new BF, Trevor the hunk, and then Jeff admitting he wasnt his BF, and Mateo mentioning his well-kept Suburu :).  The Convo with Jonah & his 'gang" outside was a good one.  I am guessing that the series will end with Corporate closing down Glenn's store(just a guess on my part)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HyeChaps said:

Just once, can they have an episode where Jonah isn’t an a—hole?

6 years of working retail, and he still believes he is better than his co-workers.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

Poor Sandra, reschedules the guy's dentist appointment and had to give herself a 1 star. lol.

It amuses me that Sandra's so honest she gave herself the 1 star. Clearly old dude wouldn't have known if she had said she was worth 5 stars (which clearly she is). 

I liked it up until the flooding and then I couldn't get past that. The toilets at my work clog up every once in awhile. I don't think they've ever flooded enough to flood an entire store. Unless the handle is somehow blocked open once you stop flushing the water stops flowing. 

• Love 9

I wish they would write a better ending for Jonah.  I was hoping that with the female lawyer he'd start to have some sort of self awareness that he needs to move on, and we'd see him making those steps before the series ended.  With 3 eps left, they could still do that but it will feel rushed.  I guess they could use this incident as a catalyst.  I mean, getting schooled by Sandra has to have some effect and lead to a little self reflection.  So many of the characters have really grown, especially in this last season, but Jonah has more or less stayed the same.  There seemed to be glimmers of hope for him since Amy left, but then they backtracked to the "Jonah thinks he's better than everyone, causes a mess" plots. 

Just like lawyers groan at law shows, cops groan at cops shows, I'm sure any plumbers watching this week were just screaming at the TV.  That's not how toilets work!  😉

• Love 10

With 3 eps left, they could still do that but it will feel rushed. 

Are there three left?

The visuals in this episode were exceptional. Shoppers wading around in ankle-deep water and seemingly oblivious. Glenn lying down next to the door trying to stop more water from coming in. OMG. Everything was hilarious.

It's ironic the show has been so good this season after some pretty lackluster seasons the past couple years and now they cancel it.

• Love 10

Everyone sloshing around in that flooded toilet water was just so nasty that it became hilarious. This is certainly one hell of a way to end the show, with the store possibly shutting down. I actually think that could be a good way to end the show, see where everyone ends up when they don't have Cloud Nine. This still isn't exactly the show at its best, but its a lot better than it has been in ages so it sucks that its ending now. 

Cool seeing Jeff again. "Fake boyfriend?" "Oh yeah, fake boyfriend." 

• Love 9

The actress who plays Sandra is so good at this character.  "Have you tried the orange flavored one?  It's like nothing I've ever tasted."

Glad to see Jeff again before the finale.

Edited by MisterGlass
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I've sort of binge watched this series in the past 2 weeks and the Jonah character keeps getting more annoying. He has this affectation where he starts WAY too many sentences with a stammer/stutter, followed by verbal diarrhea. He also uses the device of immediately backtracking and trying to explain what he just said WAY too much. Like, he says something and then right away the stammer comes and it's "No, I ...I... didn't mean it that way etc.  Amy was doing it as well, but at least she's gone - and is not missed. I wish Jonah would have followed her because it's lazy acting and no one in real life that I've ever met talks like that. No one else in the show does either.  His arc through the entire 6 seasons has gone no where. He failed at the union organizing, he hasn't moved up the ranks at work, he hasn't taken extra classes in anything to better his education,, he's a wimp 99% of the time and it's hard to see how this lawyer lady would be interested in him.  Anyway, the last couple episodes have had me laughing again - except when Jonah comes on and we get the completely predictable dialogue. 
The realistic ending would be for the store to close - mainly because management is a complete disaster, which is no surprise at all, because all it takes is a one day seminar to become a store manager.  The store has been trashed multiple times including a couple episodes back when the hooligans came in, wrecked the place and stole lots of expensive items to boot,  last week they wrecked the electronics, this week they flooded the place, etc.  They  would never pass a health inspection with the rats and racoons fouling up the place, not to mention all the frozen food that was spoiled when Jonah was training the new kid how to stack the freezer.  The employees seem to use the store products whenever they want, and they  slack off the majority of the time - yes, I know, we need that to happen for the comedy scenes.  We'll see what happens, but in any realistic scenario, either new management would be brought in or the place closed. 

23 hours ago, Empress1 said:

(I actually do fill out those surveys if I got excellent customer service. If I can, I tell the manager too. I make a point of saying "Is your manager around? I'd like to tell her how helpful you were" or something so they know I'm not complaining.)

Bear in mind that, at some companies, only getting the highest rating matters - For example, on a scale from 1-5, with 5 being the highest, giving someone a 4 counts the same as giving them a 1.  They get rated based on the percentage of surveys that they got the highest number on, instead of getting an average of all the surveys. It makes no sense to me - if you are only going to count the highest option, then why give options?  But this is how it works for a friend of mine.  I have asked a few customer service reps, and some have said the same thing, it has to be the highest number to count.  

18 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The visuals in this episode were exceptional. Shoppers wading around in ankle-deep water and seemingly oblivious. Glenn lying down next to the door trying to stop more water from coming in. OMG. Everything was hilarious.

I was impressed by the man pushing the shopping cart less than a foot ahead of the oncoming flood, oblivious to the fact that he was being followed by gallons of water.  That was timed perfectly.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, needschocolate said:

Bear in mind that, at some companies, only getting the highest rating matters - For example, on a scale from 1-5, with 5 being the highest, giving someone a 4 counts the same as giving them a 1.  They get rated based on the percentage of surveys that they got the highest number on, instead of getting an average of all the surveys. It makes no sense to me - if you are only going to count the highest option, then why give options?  But this is how it works for a friend of mine.  I have asked a few customer service reps, and some have said the same thing, it has to be the highest number to count.  

Yep I worked at a company that had 1-10 and only 9 and 10 were postive,  the rest were "detractors". So dumb, most people would think giving someone an 8 would be good.  It is NOT. I always fill out surveys and give the highest score. This espisode gave me some bad flashbacks. 

I'm really loving Cheyenne the last few episodes, she's really starting to mature but she's still herself. I may be interested in her spinoff. 

Jonah needs to go, he hates his job and needs to move on, which if fine but he doesn't need to make the other people feel bad about what they do.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Really good, funny episode, especially when they got creative about the customer surveys and when things got crazy once the flooding started

I wonder if Jeff will survive if they shut the store down given he seems to be under pressure running 2 districts. The higher ups could put the blame on him for the flooding, the lawsuit, etc

Jonah was more a pain than usual. He needs to find a job where it's ok for him to antagonize people or to stir up trouble (like getting places to unionize)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Clare said:

Yep I worked at a company that had 1-10 and only 9 and 10 were postive,  the rest were "detractors". So dumb, most people would think giving someone an 8 would be good.  It is NOT. I always fill out surveys and give the highest score. This espisode gave me some bad flashbacks. 

I'm really loving Cheyenne the last few episodes, she's really starting to mature but she's still herself. I may be interested in her spinoff. 

Jonah needs to go, he hates his job and needs to move on, which if fine but he doesn't need to make the other people feel bad about what they do.  

I know people asking for ratings have told me that before And I always wondered if it was true or they just said that to get a higher rating.  I guess it's true then.  

• Love 4
On 3/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, needschocolate said:

I was impressed by the man pushing the shopping cart less than a foot ahead of the oncoming flood, oblivious to the fact that he was being followed by gallons of water.  That was timed perfectly.

On 3/13/2021 at 5:06 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

I know people asking for ratings have told me that before And I always wondered if it was true or they just said that to get a higher rating.  I guess it's true then.  

Yeah.... it's true and it sucks if you work for a company that uses the surveys in their KPIs. The last retailer I worked for had surveys and we were supposed to not only ask every customer to fill it out, but also to give us all 10's. 9's and 10's counted and anything less was basically a 0. My cashiers took to writing a 10 on the receipt and circling the survey link. I also had to tell them to make sure to NOT mention the survey if they had managed to piss the customer off or if they thought the customer had been crabby. It was ridiculous. It was bad enough for a retail store, but I smashed the tip of one of my fingers and had to go to urgent care and they basically were trying to do the same thing. As I was walking back to the exam room, I noticed there were a bunch of 5's on the floor. At first I didn't think anything about it, but then I followed the 5's from the exam room back to x-ray. I flat out asked the nurse about it when we got back to the exam room. Begging for scores in retail was one thing, but when you know urgent cares are having to do the same thing, you know the survey scores have gotten completely out of hand. Oh, and my "favorite" part of the survey nonsense.... your store could have 20 surveys from the previous week, 15  9s and 10s, and 5 8s and below, dragging your average down, and another store could have 1 survey that gave them a 10 and no other surveys at all and their one survey ranked them higher than your store in the company's eyes.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Yeah.... it's true and it sucks if you work for a company that uses the surveys in their KPIs. The last retailer I worked for had surveys and we were supposed to not only ask every customer to fill it out, but also to give us all 10's. 9's and 10's counted and anything less was basically a 0. My cashiers took to writing a 10 on the receipt and circling the survey link. I also had to tell them to make sure to NOT mention the survey if they had managed to piss the customer off or if they thought the customer had been crabby. It was ridiculous. It was bad enough for a retail store, but I smashed the tip of one of my fingers and had to go to urgent care and they basically were trying to do the same thing. As I was walking back to the exam room, I noticed there were a bunch of 5's on the floor. At first I didn't think anything about it, but then I followed the 5's from the exam room back to x-ray. I flat out asked the nurse about it when we got back to the exam room. Begging for scores in retail was one thing, but when you know urgent cares are having to do the same thing, you know the survey scores have gotten completely out of hand. Oh, and my "favorite" part of the survey nonsense.... your store could have 20 surveys from the previous week, 15  9s and 10s, and 5 8s and below, dragging your average down, and another store could have 1 survey that gave them a 10 and no other surveys at all and their one survey ranked them higher than your store in the company's eyes.  

Yes medicine has these too....not as bad as what you described but people still hate them.  Someone doesn't get their narcotic prescription or their excuse for work they are feigning illness for and they give you a low rating.   It's more than just an annoying problem.  It is as a part of the driving force of the opiate epidemic in some doctors opinions.  Doctors hate them too. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I've sort of binge watched this series in the past 2 weeks and the Jonah character keeps getting more annoying. He has this affectation where he starts WAY too many sentences with a stammer/stutter, followed by verbal diarrhea. He also uses the device of immediately backtracking and trying to explain what he just said WAY too much. Like, he says something and then right away the stammer comes and it's "No, I ...I... didn't mean it that way etc.  Amy was doing it as well, but at least she's gone - and is not missed. I wish Jonah would have followed her because it's lazy acting and no one in real life that I've ever met talks like that. No one else in the show does either.  His arc through the entire 6 seasons has gone no where. He failed at the union organizing, he hasn't moved up the ranks at work, he hasn't taken extra classes in anything to better his education,, he's a wimp 99% of the time and it's hard to see how this lawyer lady would be interested in him.  Anyway, the last couple episodes have had me laughing again - except when Jonah comes on and we get the completely predictable dialogue. 
The realistic ending would be for the store to close - mainly because management is a complete disaster, which is no surprise at all, because all it takes is a one day seminar to become a store manager.  The store has been trashed multiple times including a couple episodes back when the hooligans came in, wrecked the place and stole lots of expensive items to boot,  last week they wrecked the electronics, this week they flooded the place, etc.  They  would never pass a health inspection with the rats and racoons fouling up the place, not to mention all the frozen food that was spoiled when Jonah was training the new kid how to stack the freezer.  The employees seem to use the store products whenever they want, and they  slack off the majority of the time - yes, I know, we need that to happen for the comedy scenes.  We'll see what happens, but in any realistic scenario, either new management would be brought in or the place closed. 

• Love 1

I actually liked this episode.  Back-handed compliment: Cheyenne was actually pretty smart this episode.  They seem to have slightly altered her character. Had to laugh out loud at her, "It's pee-pee water, will I get Hep?"  Everyone else was annoying as always.  Jeff and Mateo are pathetic.  Marcus should be fired on the spot and he can take Justine with him.  People are popping up and dropping off screen so frequently, it's hard to keep up.  Don't know why Jonah has devolved into a clueless poser who lets his fellow workers put words in his mouth.  Mateo asking Jonah if he wanted to sleep with all the mothers really deserved a stern comeback, not a whimper of acquiescence.

• Love 2