Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Isaac's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

True, but we also don't get temperatures this low for this long. Hopefully ( but I doubt  it)a lessen has been learned.  I would not be surprised to see some lawsuits to many people have gone through to much. They knew this was coming and knew they were not prepared. They should have warned us.

I got an email today from my energy supplier. They were quick to say that we don't have turbine problems like in Texas (I'm in frigid Iowa) because of our stronger systems and being in a different grid. I've been here 12 years and have seen some stuff, but the only time I recall losing power (and not for long) is when the lines actually broke due to being ice covered or trees falling on them. It's been -23 at night and below 0 during the day for over a week and it never occurred to me that we'd lose power, because we don't.

I realize you don't usually have that kind of weather in TX, but as we learned with a devastating 500 year flood, stuff happens and you always have to be prepared, even if you think the event you're preparing for is an outlier. 

This has been really terrible for you guys. The broken pipes are gonna be something else and I can't imagine the woman who thought sitting in a running car in the garage w/her 8 year old was the thing to do. Y'all take care.

• Love 6

I always wonder...does the scale really take that long to register the weight or is there some editing going on for drama?

I love this Huggies commercial with the baby eating his foot. "Still not edible!" Too cute.

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

In a five hour period he has to stop several times to get food? 

But he didn't stop for the restroom?  That taxi just needs to be driven off an overpass and go up in flames after that fare.

• LOL 13
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I had a second interview for a job today, and they checked my references

Usually when they check references, a job offer will be in the future. You know, if your references don't tell them you showed up to work drunk and made copies of your butt cheeks or something.

Everybody, please send me some off topic good luck vibes. I had a second interview for a job today, and they checked my references....the money is crap, but I'm changing fields and this job is both the right experience to count towards my internship hours, and it has full benefits. 

I've been stuck in COVID-19 part time Hell for 11 months, and had to close my nanny service, so full time with benefits AND college credit would be wonderful.

Best wishes Suzywriter!

• Love 3

Everybody, please send me some off topic good luck vibes. I had a second interview for a job today, and they checked my references....the money is crap, but I'm changing fields and this job is both the right experience to count towards my internship hours, and it has full benefits.

Good luck! 

• Love 1

I was hoping the taxi ride would be a flat rate;  this looks like the meter ran the entire trip. 

It would have been cheaper for one of the relatives to take off a day of work and pay them to drive him.  Well, not if the relative would get fired, but maybe one could take the day off without pay.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Sorry his mom looks like she could be helping him. 

I found it interesting in that he was billed as the family caretaker after his mother's stroke, but no one can lift a finger to help him. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

@Pepper Mostly goes BIG!!!

I've been way over lately. I'm remembering the 800 pounders of yore.

3 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

He's so gray, how is that possible for a kid his age? I know it happens but reeally someone needs to check his thyroid among other things.

My husband started going grey in high school!

1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Are y’all guessing the weight or the cab fare?

Yes. 

Just now, Suzywriter said:

I've been stuck in COVID-19 part time Hell for 11 months, and had to close my nanny service, so full time with benefits AND college credit would be wonderful.

Sending super good mojo, @Suzywriter!! 

• Love 4

Good luck! I just got a new job a little over 2 weeks ago after 6 months of unemployment. Sending tons of good vibes! Reference checks usually mean an offer is around the corner.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I was watching a show yesterday where the commercials were for a new non hormonal birth control. Side effects are utis, yeast infections and vaginosis. Bring it on baby!!

Phexxi!!
You phexxi beast...

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Usually when they check references, a job offer will be in the future. You know, if your references don't tell them you showed up to work drunk and made copies of your butt cheeks or something.

Yeah. I forgot about that. We didn't call references unless we were going to make an offer. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I found it interesting in that he was billed as the family caretaker after his mother's stroke, but no one can lift a finger to help him. 

Right? And if he has WLS, who's gonna care for him? 

3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Knock ‘em dead — but not literally as that may nullify the chance at an offer. 

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Everything is crossed!

• Love 2