Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: All-New Halloween Spooktacular!

Message added by formerlyfreedom

General spec is fine in the episode topic, but if you're going to speculate based on the comics, please consider taking it to the MU/MCU topic or spoiler tagging it in here. Posts with comic-based spec may be removed. Thank you.

• Start Topic

So very much to process. Every single second felt important. All the actors are just phenomenal. 

I did not see that ending coming. 

Whoever this version of Pietro is it’s interesting that he is fully aware and directly challenging Wanda. 

Of course, Darcy finds answers and is almost immediately caught in the sitcom world before she can tell anyone. I’d be annoyed but I can’t wait to see her in that world. 

Monica and Woo have really grown into amazing characters. 

I also have to give the show credit for the casting of the kids. It such a short time they made me care about them as people. 

The commercial was so creepy and unsettling. 

OK, that's really something.  Pietro isn't even pretending to really believe the scenario.  Wanda admitted that she's the one doing all this, but she's not sure how or for how long; she only knows that before this she felt incredibly alone.  Wanda and Vision are walking on eggshells around each other.  One of the twins has super speed and the other is able to 'hear' Vision's cry for help from a mile away.  We now know that Vision can't live outside the barrier, so Wanda expanded it to include Vision back in it again, but she was barely able to hold the entire town together before, trying to run an area twice the size isn't going to work.

• Love 8

Damn that was intense, especially inside  Westview with not that much happening until the final seconds. And this show always knows right when to stop as it really starts to move.

Poor Vision.

I'm not sure who this Pietro is, but he's NOT Wanda's brother. And she knows it.

Hayward is a super dick. I'm not sure on his agenda or his strategy at all. I just know he's a Super Dick. And not very charming either. I mean he went as low as possible when he told Monica it's a good thing she wasn't around when her Mom died. There's no redemption after that. Let Wanda change him into a frozen zombie forever.

I don't know anything about Monica's (eventual?) powers, but that's starting to feel key to how all of this resolves, one way or another.

Never thought Jimmy would start a fight. He's evolving in his own way, too.

I had to rewind to be sure, but yeah I didn't see Darcy once she was in the Hex.

Oh yeah, I'm more confused by Agnes than ever. Is she really trapped too like she was signaling to Vision or was that just "acting" her part?

Edited by vb68
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

The notion of a shark here to snack on Yo-Magic, seems to foreshadow someone/thing is snacking on Wanda's magic. 

Great observation. I wasn't sure how to interpret that.

And Vision can't stop or control the magic, either?

Edited by vb68

The commercial.  That was disturbing.  A shark jumps on a deserted island that contains one palm tree and one small child, gives the kid a package of Yo-Magic and leaves, taking the kids boogie? board with him.  The kid can't get the snack open and dies.

Are we supposed to infer that when things are bad in Wanda's world, don't accept the 'help' offered by the 'shark', it'll only lead to disaster?

Edited by Zahdii
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

So Wanda was finally the full fledged Scarlet Witch there at the end with her eyes red as she was expanding the town?

I don't know.  I've been trying to watch all the other movies to catch up on stuff, but I've apparently not watched the one where she is called the Scarlet Witch, or maybe it was a throwaway line somewhere that I just didn't catch.

But I felt her eyes glowing red made sense because the barrier is red when you're close enough to really see it.

• Love 1

So we have answers/semi-answers as to a couple of the issues raised last week. 

1) Wanda is consciously running things and it appears really doesn't know how it started.

2) Wanda really can't run and entire town 24/7 and yikes to the people basically frozen or half-running. So creepy.

3) Whomever Pietro is and however she brought him in, he has Superspeed within Westview and seems to be self aware, but also with at least some of MCU Pietro's memories.

4)  Confirmation there are kids, but Wanda has kept them out of her construct as much as she could. (Probably?)

And it, of course, also raised questions.  Like, how does Pietro have powers and some of her Pietro's memories while also seemingly somewhat self-aware.  What's happening to Monica?

The closer Vision got to the boundary, the higher my anxiety got.  I thought he might actually get out and die again.  I was so stressed for him and for Wanda... and for how Wanda would react.

Well... he didn't die, but she sure reacted. That circus was so unnerving. Fucking clowns, man.  So creepy. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 12

As always, wow and a hell of a lot to process! I still have very little idea of where this is going to end up, they're really good at explaining somethings and making it even more confusing. 

So Wanda basically knows this isn't her Pietro and he's "whatever I'm just here to do the irresponsible, charming Uncle Jesse thing". And he's fully aware and telling her she "did the best she could in the scenario" keeping couples together, not brainwashing kids etc. That's why I don't think they're going to completely do the Wanda =the villain in this scenario, no matter how it shakes out. I might be wrong. Pietro was also kind of a dick in this, even if he did really just get yanked there from elsewhere to play the part. 

Billy and Tommy were cute, especially with the explaining to the camera that Mary Kate and Ashley did A LOT of in their twin shows as well as the cool twin versus dorky twin. And I suppose MITM did it a lot. Great theme tune again and Agnes has been promoted to regular on the show!

Snack on Wanda's Magic to stay Alive! That wasn't for Vision or Pietro, something is using Wanda's breakdown for their own purposes. Pretty creepy with the kid unable to open the pot though. 

Maria's cells are changing and getting powers! In time for CM2. 

So Anges is dressed as a witch.., Hmm and seemed to be pretty big on the cackling. I thought there was something else behind that moment when she said "all is lost" like she's not just Angie from down the street who got caught up in this but I don't think she was faking her panic about being dead because she knows Vision is. 

Vision has autonomy and his Vibranium is possibly Hayward's real target but he can't exist outside Westview. I that mind stone "real?" Hayward didn't seem shocked when he said "he really does want out" more going on there possibly and it was insanely callous to watch someone disintegrate even if he's supposed to be dead. Hayward has no feelings for people who are powered. Shades of anti mutant  sentiment there. Why were the townspeople stopped when Vision went near them? 

Hayward's just a dick, Woo was dead right there was no need to be demeaning about his colleagues just because they're throwing out sensible suggestions that don't fit with what he believes. I can certainly understand the Snap nearly brought the world to its knees but actually asking the questions rather than just nuking Wanda is the hard choice because it isn't simple. 

So Wanda can expand the Hex and stop the people moving but she still doesn't remember how it started or anything concrete. The harder the show pushes "it's all Wanda" in Ep 6 the more I think it's going to be revealed to be something else as well as her even though she's clearly doing a lot of this. I don't think she's actually controlling the residents all the time. And she seemed genuinely confused at certain points about why Herb and others asked her if she wanted to do things differently. She definitely didn't seem angry that many of them are starting to openly walk around like they're actors in her sitcom. She can't be in all their heads. 

I'll have a lot more thoughts later...

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 13

So they full on skipped the 90s and/or tried to merge it in with the 80s, huh. Malcolm in the Middle is definitely a 2000s sitcom. I assumed the Halloween ep would be Modern Family just because I guess I assumed there would only be one single cam sitcom. That sure looked like a dead on MITM inspired title sequence, not that I ever watched MITM. To be honest I'm surprised to learn some other sitcom besides Scrubs did the whoosh-cutaways.

Hayward is 1000% a bad guy. In retrospect it's weird that he even sent Monica to Westview rather than a more trusted agent.

I think there's something interesting about Vision walking up to the edge of Westview. In previous Avengers movies (or esp Civil War, the unofficial Avengers movie), and even in this episode, he flies most of the time. It makes him seem aloof and invulnerable. Walking up to this suggests to me that he's afraid; he wants to do the right thing for Westview but he's not eager to face the barrier either so he doesn't rush up to it.

(side note: the shot of him walking up to the barrier also reminded me of a longstanding gripe with the MCU that I agree with: the color grading is upsettingly desaturated. It's almost difficult to tell where Vision's real look is supposed to be red or green.)

Vision snarkily saying he had no choice but to wear his costume really shows he hasn't forgotten (or been mind-wiped of) the fight from last episode.

Pietro/Peter wearing a very weaksauce version of his 1980s (?) costume from the comics was terrific.

Seems like Hayward's secret plan to do unethical research with Vision's body was called "cataract". People love their clever code names, yeah? Were they trying to restore Vision to life?

Edited by arc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

There were 2 separate occasions when Billy's lines could barely be heard.  Did anyone else experience this?

I assume Wanda's "Kick Ass" comment was a nod to the movie Kick-Ass which starred Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who played "her" Pietro in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

ETA: Evan Peters was also in Kick-Ass, so a double reference.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 13

I love that Wanda and Vision's traditional comic book costumes are explained as being a Sokovian fortune teller and a Mexican wrestler, respectively. Also, the movies on the marquee were The Incredibles, which is about a family of superheroes, and The Parent Trap, which is about twins who were separated. Nice.

Pietro isn't even pretending to stick to the script at all. He says he just remembers getting shot "for no reason at all" which is suspect, and then he heard Wanda calling him. The Pietro we know from AOU would never say, "It's not like your dead husband can die twice." I cheered when Wanda yeeted him across the square. All this time we've been focusing on Wanda and/or Agnes controlling everything but now I'm side-eyeing Pietro. I don't think he's Pietro from any version of Earth.

God, Hayward is such a douchebag. When he told Monica it was a good thing she wasn't around when her mother died, holy shit. He has something against superheroes since he accused Monica of defending superpowered individuals, and he's clearly up to something. What I don't get is why he would even send her on this case, or why he showed everyone Vision's dismembered corpse in the security videos.

So Agnes is the one to tell Vision he's dead outside of Westview. I still don't know what to think about Agnes' role in everything. She does seem genuinely scared, but again, she could be acting. Seeing everyone near the edge of the hex just frozen was creepy. I didn't expect the scene with Vision crossing the hex to happen already.

In the commercial, maybe the dead body represents Vision and how he can't survive without Wanda's magic. Or the mind stone. 

Billy and Tommy's powers are getting stronger, and so are Wanda's. And Darcy's in Westview, now! 

Edited by phalange
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, arc said:

So they full on skipped the 90s and/or tried to merge it in with the 80s, huh. Malcolm in the Middle is definitely a 2000s sitcom.

Yes, this was very Malcolm in the Middle/Even Stevens-y. I’m surprised they didn’t do some sort of Roseanne/Home Improvement type show in between. 80’s/90’s family sitcoms do have a pretty similar aesthetic and structure though. 

• Love 8

In terms of TV influences, by the 2000s you’re getting into the period where the family sitcom that this show is riffing on had started to really dwindle as a cultural force — I wasn’t quite sure what they were going to do for that decade, even, but I had forgotten about Malcolm in the Middle.

• Love 1

So is this how they're going to introduce mutants into the MCU?  Traveling through the barrier changed Monica, so who's to say being inside during all of the shifts isn't doing the same thing.  Speaking of Monica, I'm a little surprised she didn't slug Hayward when he brought up Maria dying. 

I'm also assuming that in-universe all of this will be wrapped up in a few hours. A giant red energy sphere in New Jersey is going to make the news and that's something that would attract the attention of the Avengers.

• Love 4

Holy crap. I got serious Once Upon A Time vibes from that ending of the barrier expanding, along with the revelation that Vision can’t survive outside of the town. And now Darcy’s stuck in it.

“Uncle Pete” going all meta and not even pretending to go along with the show proves that he’s NOT Wanda’s Pietro. My theory is that he’s the manifestation of Wanda’s conscience and that she made him look different subconsciously because she didn’t want to admit that it’s all a lie. She doesn’t know how it started, but she wants to keep it going.  Yup, someone’s pulling the strings. Might not be Agnes but it’s somebody.

Hayward is a dick on the level of Secretary Ross. I’m 100 percent sure he planted a tracking device on Vision while dissecting his corpse, how else could he track him?!

Woo, Monica, and Darcy are a Golden Trio and I love it!

Three more episodes left! Oh I really hope this show is not the origin story of Wanda becoming a supervillain.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 10

I think the commercial was simply about Wanda's time in the raft. You know, alone (since she wasn't housed with the other Avengers), her magic directly in front of her but unable to reach it due to the collar they put on her. But yeah, that was the creepiest thing ever.

"dick" is a too nice word for Hayward.....

So I guess this means that we can scratch Agnes from the list? But I still don't think that this is just Wanda on her own...there is still too much pushing into specific directions. Only that now "Peter" is doing the pushing….

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

I'm not going to scratch Agnes from the list just yet. I still think there's something off about her, even though I think she was also genuine in her "am I dead, because you're dead" moment. Interestingly we didn't see Town Overload Dottie directing the Halloween festivities though. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, phalange said:

God, Hayward is such a douchebag. When he told Monica it was a good thing she wasn't around when her mother died, holy shit. He has something against superheroes since he accused Monica of defending superpowered individuals, and he's clearly up to something.

He's the worst, isn't he? He said something about how much trouble they had trying to 'keep the lights on', presumably about the Snap, but.....dude, come on. You left Darcy handcuffed to a Jeep while you ran, so fuck you. I'm actually mad because the Hex didn't grow enough to pull him into it. He could be a garbage man or something.

So, Pietro is definitely not Wanda's actual brother, though he seeing him riddled with bullets was a nice touch. "I got shot in the street like a punk for no reason." I liked the repeated mentions of him not being the original version, especially Darcy's grouchy, "He brought the wrong face." Heh.

Wanda's kids have powers!

Lots more to pick through. Can't believe there's only three episodes left.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Hahaha! House of M! Reverse House of M! "Bring on the mutants!" Well, technically, they haven't said the "M-word" yet, but it's only a matter of time... Honestly, I never expected mutants to come into play so soon. I would've thought they'd only arrive officially in Phase 5 (since the Disney/Fox rights are probably still processing or something), so this is a pleasant surprise. It's like not expecting Spidey to arrive so early in Captain America: Civil War. It's like Feige saying, "Hey, Christmas comes early. You get your mutants early."

I know I sound like a broken record by this point, but it's just a great feeling watching Wanda's powers grow every episode. It's pretty much proven now that Wanda's at least responsible for the reality bubble and seems to have control over anyone within it (as opposed to another party pulling the strings). My guess though

Spoiler

, after hearing about those rumors about Mephisto appearing at the series finale, is that Mephisto probably granted her that power-boost after she made a wish or something. It's like House of M meets One More Day.

I've got a feeling that Pietro is indeed neither Wanda's actual brother nor the Fox-verse version either. I feel like he's most probably just a delusion or a fabrication of Wanda's reality-bending.  The way Wanda saw the wounds on his body, it felt like it was Wanda's delusions falling apart for a second there.

I think that out of all the time periods, this one definitely connected to a '90s baby like myself the most. I had a big smile on my face when I saw the sitcom intro for this episode. That edgy '90s music and that cheesy fourth-wall narrating. Brings back memories. I haven't seen it myself, but I think the reference here was supposed to be Malcolm in the Middle, as others have confirmed on Twitter.

And now we're onto the 2000s! I think I've moved on from sitcoms that early on in my childhood though, so most references here are probably gonna fly over my head (I mean, what references would you have anyway? Two and a Half Men? Friends? How I Met Your Mutant?). Maybe I might catch some Big Bang Theory references when we arrive in the 2010s, but that's about it.

I think that the drama so far is still decent, but a lot of us now are more interested in how this mutant element is going to play out. Like are they going to bring in Magneto? Is Fassbender gonna appear as a cameo? At this point, I wouldn't put anything past them, because it seems like literally anything could happen. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Michael just walks in and goes, "Hello, daughter," no explanation. lol Because man, that Evan Peters appearance is still blowing my mind, even though I was spoiled before I watched episode 5.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the rest of the mutants are going to spread across the MCU right now. What about Storm in Black Panther 2? Do all mutants come from Wanda's bubble of molecular manipulation? Or were they already present? Or will Wanda's powers grow so much more over the next three episodes that reality itself will be entirely rewritten beyond just that bubble, such that mutants have always existed? How are they going to differentiate a mutant and a non-mutant superhero in the MCU?

So many questions, and only three episodes left!

Edited by saoirse
spoiler tag added to spec based on comics
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

The commercial.  That was disturbing.  A shark jumps on a deserted island that contains one palm tree and one small child, gives the kid a package of Yo-Magic and leaves, taking the kids boogie? board with him.  The kid can't get the snack open and dies.

Are we supposed to infer that when things are bad in Wanda's world, don't accept the 'help' offered by the 'shark', it'll only lead to disaster?

Yeah that was the creepiest part of the episode, and considering how creepy seeing the townspeople frozen in place and the SWORD agents and Darcy getting sucked into the barrier was, that says A LOT.

• Love 5

Maybe the commercial is supposed to represent that no matter how much you use yo magic! The people who are dead stay dead, it's not a real source of god like power? It was creepy. The Shark is temptation and false promises?

Also Agnes seemed like she was fully aware last episode like Herb was and this one she wasn't until Vision touched her. 

• Love 2

Holy sh*t, that was creepy 😳 The cul-de-sac on the edge of town, with the flickering lights and people who couldn’t move, straight-up gave me Stephen King vibes (The Langoliers, if any of you’ve read that).

I’m unfamiliar with the Young Avengers. Are the twins part of that? If so, do they have the same powers here as in the comics?

I had goosebumps when Wanda was expanding the Hex. Also, I almost felt like crying, because she’s so bereft that she will do whatever she can to protect her illusion of Vision and of her perfect world.

Another outstanding episode!

Just now, Capricasix said:

Holy sh*t, that was creepy 😳 The cul-de-sac on the edge of town, with the flickering lights and people who couldn’t move, straight-up gave me Stephen King vibes (The Langoliers, if any of you’ve read that).

I’m unfamiliar with the Young Avengers. Are the twins part of that? If so, do they have the same powers here as in the comics?

I had goosebumps when Wanda was expanding the Hex. Also, I almost felt like crying, because she’s so bereft that she will do whatever she can to protect her illusion of Vision and of her perfect world.

Another outstanding episode!

(I didn’t mean to quote myself but I hit the wrong button 😄)

Darcy while the Hex boundary was approaching - “FuUUUUUDGE” 😆😆😆

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Yes.  Billy uses the codename "Wiccan" and has Wanda's magic, Tommy uses "Speed" and has Pietro's, well...

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

So is this how they're going to introduce mutants into the MCU?  Traveling through the barrier changed Monica, so who's to say being inside during all of the shifts isn't doing the same thing.

I would truly doubt it.  That's not mutants, that's just some kind of event.

I've been saying since I've heard about this that it's going to be a reverse House of M.   At the climax, she's going to be losing her brother, and instead of "No more mutants", it's going to be "No, more mutants" or similar.

• Love 4

I mean, this scientist Monica's planning on meeting is getting the full super-foreshadowing treatment and will have to be some kind of big BIG deal.  I almost feel like it being the rumored Reed Richards would be a bit too much, mutants AND FF introduced/teased all at once?  Seems a little ham-handed.

Agnes's rumor of being a big deal seems almost that now, just a rumor.  If she had mentioned some other power involved or ANYTHING to make me think she was connected to Agatha Harkness, that would been something, but her importance just seems like a massive red herring at the moment.

• Love 3

Why were the townspeople stopped when Vision went near them? 

Also Agnes seemed like she was fully aware last episode like Herb was and this one she wasn't until Vision touched her.  

I'm guessing Wanda's "animation" powers dwindle the farther away from her (or maybe the center of town?) you get. So the people who live on the edge of town are barely animate, and Agnes got caught in that - maybe she was trying to escape at the time? I wonder how Wanda and the town will be affected now that she's expanded the Hex so much.

As for Pietro, I kind of appreciated what a dick he could be. Being her "brother", he might be the only one at this point who has the ability/influence to get Wanda to question her own actions. Now to find out who this Pietro really is...

Edited by Abra
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Abra said:

Now to find out who this Pietro really is...

I'm really hoping he'll pull his face off - Mission: Impossible style - and reveal himself to be... Deadpool!!!

Or that Deadpool will end up being Ralph, and this is why we haven't seen him so far

• LOL 15
15 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Agnes's rumor of being a big deal seems almost that now, just a rumor.  If she had mentioned some other power involved or ANYTHING to make me think she was connected to Agatha Harkness, that would been something, but her importance just seems like a massive red herring at the moment.

I still think Agnes is the Big Bad of this show, whichever character she turns out to be. I think she was putting on an act to get Vision to the boundary, possibly to provoke Wanda to take out the SWORD camp. Otherwise, after Vision put her back in Agnes mode, she should have been catatonic again, I would think.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

Yeah, that's something I wondered about, too. If everyone else so close to the boundary is "glitching" why wouldn't she? And why would she end up in the wrong place? That doesn't quite make sense, but if she put on a performance, it was a convincing one….

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I know I am supposed to think Wanda is being a bad person controlling the minds of an entire town but every time Director Hayward says or does something I want to punch him in the nose.    I mean handcuffing Darcy and running away was cowardly for someone who is supposed to be a soldier.  But then again it is gonna be fun to see Darcy in Wanda’s  world. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I still think Agnes is the Big Bad of this show, whichever character she turns out to be. I think she was putting on an act to get Vision to the boundary, possibly to provoke Wanda to take out the SWORD camp. Otherwise, after Vision put her back in Agnes mode, she should have been catatonic again, I would think.

But in this theory, how would Agnes know or suspect that Vision might even see her at the end of town, let alone come track her down? How would Agnes faking being terrified get Vision to check out the boundary?

When Vision put her in "Agnes" mode, she was seemingly rebooted back to the sitcom friendly neighbor mode and returned to the center of town. That seems consistent with Norm, the other time he touched someone and touched them again. 

3 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Yeah, that's something I wondered about, too. If everyone else so close to the boundary is "glitching" why wouldn't she? And why would she end up in the wrong place? That doesn't quite make sense, but if she put on a performance, it was a convincing one….

Seemingly Agnes did glitch. She was utterly frozen when Vision found her. Could be that she staged the whole thing. Could be that she was driving and as she got closer to the border became inanimate. That the car was stopped perfectly at the stop sign may make it fall more in the suspicious category....we'll have to see.  

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I still think Agnes is the Big Bad of this show, whichever character she turns out to be. I think she was putting on an act to get Vision to the boundary, possibly to provoke Wanda to take out the SWORD camp.

I mean, maybe.  Seems a bit clumsy, though.  I'm thinking no.

Wait...hold on...a giant cloud thing dragging people into a weird little town seemingly controlled by one unstable magical women forcing people to act out a creepily quaint suburban life and changing their memories and identities to act out she me kind of weird time loop in some kind of fantasy town for said magical women, including possibly pulling people from outside of their own universe to continue their own fantasy?! Oh my God I know who's behind all of this...its Regina from Once Upon a Time!! God Empress Regina is continuing her brutal conquest of the multiverse, not happy merely subjugating her own kingdom and her neighbors, and is trying to use Wanda to get into the MCU, which can lead to her finally conquering the entire multiverse and turning everyone into her brainwashed slaves! Its happening! Call the Avengers! Call Doctor Strange? This shit is not a drill! 

Seriously though, every time we get an answer, we get even more questions. This Pietro seems to totally know what is going on and approves of what Wanda is doing, which is certainly convenient if someone wants Wanda to to keep this going, and right after Vision almost got through to her during the last episode. This whole thing with not Pietro is super weird, he is clearly not Pietro but also seems to have some of his memories, and I am still not sure if this is X-Men Pietro (AKA Peter) or if this is just some random guy who is being puppeted like the other residents, but Uncle Jessie Pietro clearly exists to keep Wanda in this place willingly and not to question anything. Like, NOW all of the kids show up after Vision questioned why there were no kids? This was a hail mary by whoever is the real villain in all of this. 

Loved seeing Wanda, Vision, Tommy, and Billy in their classic comics costumes, and it looks like Billy and Tommy are getting their comic book powers as well, which seems to line up with them being real kids who are Wanda's and Visions. Now, what was that Pietro said about the kids? "Unleash Hell, demon spawn!"

Spoiler

You know who helped to spawn the kids in the comics? Mephisto the demon lord, I am so calling it, he's the one really behind this!

I am also still on Agnes being more than just another victim, even if she seemed like she was trapped here with everyone when Vision saw her. Some of her phrasing seemed really weird, like going "all is lost" and cackling, and, again, she is the one who keeps moving the plot and keeping things going, like telling Vision that he's dead. And is also dressed like a witch...

Its like this episode was constantly trying to out creepy itself, appropriate for a Halloween episode. We got that disturbing ass 90s commercial with the kid rotting on the island, so close to getting magic, Vision in the abandoned part of town where everyone is stuck permanently on freeze mood, then him being torn to pieces trying to escape, and then, because this hasn't been fucked up enough, freaking clowns. Of course. 

This show is so flipping good, I cant believe we only have a few episodes left.  

Edited by saoirse
spoiler tag added to spec based on comics
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

4 hours ago, phalange said:

I love that Wanda and Vision's traditional comic book costumes are explained as being a Sokovian fortune teller and a Mexican wrestler, respectively.

Wanda looked amazing by the way!

4 hours ago, phalange said:

The Pietro we know from AOU would never say, "It's not like your dead husband can die twice." I cheered when Wanda yeeted him across the square.

That was a dick thing to say, and I was also delighted when Wanda hex-bolted his ass into next week.

6 hours ago, vb68 said:

Hayward is a super dick. I'm not sure on his agenda or his strategy at all. I just know he's a Super Dick. And not very charming either. I mean he went as low as possible when he told Monica it's a good thing she wasn't around when her Mom died. There's no redemption after that. Let Wanda change him into a frozen zombie forever.

Hayward was only good for one thing this episode: his, "Which one of you is the sassy best friend?" line.

2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

You're welcome:

image.png.98e81f26fe959af8874e8b45cd2bb539.png

Spasiba, indeed.

Speaking of--I hope they do something fun with Darcy in the Hex. I always liked the character, but I think she's coming into her own in WandaVision.

• Love 7

Maybe the point with Agnes was less that her glitch was weird and more that she took a wrong turn in the town she supposedly grow up in. What if she didn't? There is still someone in witness protection lost in the town after all?

Also, I don't think that Peter had any memories of Pietro. He did the whole fake psychic thing, where people just make general statements and then kind of hit the mark, but not really. Ie the idea that Wanda and Pietro celebrated Halloween as children was extreme odd, since Halloween is an English/American celebration. And I guess Mexican if you count Dias the Muertos as "their" Halloween (which I don't). But this is NOT something people in Europe, especially Eastern Europe (where Sokovia supposedly was located) used to celebrate. People have started to adopted some aspects of it, influenced by American television, but that is a very recent development. Granted, this should simply be a gaffe the writers made. But Peter also didn't answer when Wanda did her test question, he distracted her instead, and Wanda noted that what he mentioned about the past is not quite what she remembered.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, swanpride said:

But Peter also didn't answer when Wanda did her test question, he distracted her instead, and Wanda noted that what he mentioned about the past is not quite what she remembered

I'm curious. We know he's obviously not her Pietro, but either this Pietro was somehow shot (and captured?) to end up in Westview, or he's a plant who was told about how MCU Pietro died. He has Pietro's superspeed though, so that's either something Wanda can manifest in her dream world, even though she doesn't seem to have any control over him, another Marvel character can manifest, or it's really another version of Pietro.

• Love 4

A Malcolm in the Middle style opening.  God love this show. 

OK, how awesome was Billy in his not exactly Wiccan costume and Tommy in his Speed colors.  Tres bien, show.  And Elizabeth Olsen truly could pull off a real life version of the comic Scarlet Witch costume.  Just flawless.  And can we give it up for them recreating Pietro's weird comic book hairstyle.

Loved the bit with Wanda and Pietro trick or treating as kids.  The war torn background, getting pickled herring.

"Why didn't anyone tell me the plan?"  Oh, Darcy, you're adorable.

I did notice we're skipping the 90s and jumped straight into the 2000s style of sitcoms pre-"The Office".  It dawned on me why - the 90s were not a good time for Wanda.  It was a time for war in Eastern Europe and it's when she and Pietro got trapped in that bombed out building with the Stark missile ready to go off anytime.

And that commercial was actually frightening.  "The snack for survivors", huh?

Spoiler

Speaking of frightening, the scenes with Agnes and Pietro's bullet ridden body were scary.  I have a feeling that's not really Pietro, though.  Also, Wanda turned the SWORD agents into clowns and their base into a circus.  Wonder how this'll play in next episode.

Only two episodes left.

Correction:  Three episodes left.

Edited by bmoore4026
Because it thought two episodes were left but I was wrong.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Maybe the point with Agnes was less that her glitch was weird and more that she took a wrong turn in the town she supposedly grow up in. What if she didn't? There is still someone in witness protection lost in the town after all?

Also, I don't think that Peter had any memories of Pietro. He did the whole fake psychic thing, where people just make general statements and then kind of hit the mark, but not really. Ie the idea that Wanda and Pietro celebrated Halloween as children was extreme odd, since Halloween is an English/American celebration. And I guess Mexican if you count Dias the Muertos as "their" Halloween (which I don't). But this is NOT something people in Europe, especially Eastern Europe (where Sokovia supposedly was located) used to celebrate. People have started to adopted some aspects of it, influenced by American television, but that is a very recent development. Granted, this should simply be a gaffe the writers made. But Peter also didn't answer when Wanda did her test question, he distracted her instead, and Wanda noted that what he mentioned about the past is not quite what she remembered.

My feeling is that these writers don’t do anything by mistake.

• Love 4