Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Xemzsx said:

Taken from reddit, ask couldn't make one! 

RDT_20210529_2125485046854169896759786.jpg

ASHLINN AND MADELINE WHOOP WHOOP!!! Rooting for these two to make the team :) 

Also is that the same Tori from last year? She was so forgettable to me last year that I can't tell if it's the same person lmao. But I will say that even though she was never on my radar almost everything that had been said about Tori at TC last year was positive and she was robbed out of a spot on the team. So hopefully she makes it as well.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

ASHLINN AND MADELINE WHOOP WHOOP!!! Rooting for these two to make the team :) 

Also is that the same Tori from last year? She was so forgettable to me last year that I can't tell if it's the same person lmao. But I will say that even though she was never on my radar almost everything that had been said about Tori at TC last year was positive and she was robbed out of a spot on the team. So hopefully she makes it as well.

Same Tori. 😊

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

397300A9-FE4F-4F05-9981-8AC36D713713_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.86a66be6049e3f11bd6724664c35fb24.jpegUpdated Chart! My picture of Melanie is really old because her insta went private but oh well. 

Madisyn was a TCU girl? Not the TCU girl I secretly wanted to try out for DCC but I am keeping my eye on her. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, PepperM said:
7 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

I’m thinking Cassie Schroeder didn’t make it back to TC. 

Yeah it looks like she, Claire D, and Shannan do not appear to have made it again. 

I know K&J don't like to put girls into TC if they haven't improved from their former year but for the ratings perspective it would have been better to have let them in. I'm surprised they didn't let them in solely for ratings, I guess they thought 3 returning former tcc's were enough to get the ratings up. (Madeline S does have a great storyline)

6 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Kleine reminds me of current DCC Amanda

I totally agree !!

They look alike but not too much so I am totally #TeamKleine right now.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPeilM3hbXS/ another not-blonde! Tyra who was a Grand Canyon University dancer. 

She’s sexy swimsuit calendar ready to boot!  So many TCU and other college blondes today, and then BAM. Tyra comes in with the fire. (I know she did college cheer too, but she’s a wholly different style about her look that’s very needed on the squad I think.)

• Love 9

I think a lot of the issue with the look alike blondes is that their hair ends up the same shade, and that makes them look similar to me.  I think a lot of TCCs go for makeovers from the sponsor salon, and they do everyone the same shade.   I guess that there are trends in hair color too. 

I noticed a couple of seasons ago, that Judy, and all of the cheerleaders with blonde hair were the same shade.      I think a lot of the TCCs do the preliminary trip to the chosen salon, and at least have consultations, so Marshall or whoever is doing the makeovers that season has already decided what he wants to do, and then the actual makeovers aren't that much of a change from what the TCCs came to camp with.  

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, filishtay said:

For those of you who shat on Marissa for her TikTok’s, Christina, Kaydianna, and Madisyn all make TikToks. Christina and Kaydianna are big on TikTok. Kaydianna especially and she has a YouTube channel and all her stuff are all about JESUS JESUS JESUS. No thank you for me. TikTok’s the new normal and I guess everyone will have get over it. I have high hopes for Madisyn cause she was an Emerald Belle like Lacey and Jessica Bowman.

It's not the fact Marissa makes TikToks.  It's the fact that they suck:)

And no thank you for me either on Jesus Jesus etc.  It's why I tend to avoid Kat's social media.

• Love 15

Has Lauren Brummett appeared on anyone's radar? Private IG but followed other DCC. From Missouri now in Texas and a grad from Mizzou, danced for them.

I could be drawing a long line here but also could be a possible

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Presley Watson, Kleine Powell, ... these all sound like law firms 😂

Kleine means "small one" in my native language, has a weird ring to me 🤷‍♀️

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Xemzsx said:

Taken from reddit, ask couldn't make one! 

RDT_20210529_2125485046854169896759786.jpg

Wow. Very Ah...different looking group from last year so far lol. I'm on team Madeline S, Ashlinn, and Tori. I need to see the others in TC. But all are gorgeous! 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Dance videos of the confirmed TCC!

Melanie, Ashlinn, and Bre: https://www.instagram.com/p/COjuAzmN6wq/ 

4th slide on this one is Melanie in a neon top, Ashlinn in the middle, and then Bre. Ashlinn is by far the best. Melanie has some good power but is not always on beat.  

Ashlinn: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO4NaKMtdmU/ 

She soooo good. I really hope she makes it this year. 

Tori: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPZyLlyt9mx/ 

3rd slide is Tori in the light pants and Erin in the blue top. I think Tori is better than Erin.

Amanda: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO1sh3jJTMB/

I can totally see why they took Amanda into training camp but she needs to work on her facials for sure. 

Cailey: https://www.instagram.com/p/COMbbLDHSVw/

Its not DCC style but she's good.

Kleine: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNtVtwsnk-f/

No clue if this was just hamming it up for the camera but 😬 she's kinda spazzy- like too much power?

I could not find any videos of Kylie, Jensen, or Jordan

I did this math last year! 

Season 9:

• 27 vets
  • 16 TCC
  • Total: 43
  • 9 spots, 7 extra rookies

Season 10:

• 20 vets
  • 25 TCC
  • Total: 45
  • 16 spots, 9 extra rookies

Season 11:

• 21 vets
  • 26 TCC
  • Total: 47
  • 15 spots, 11 extra rookies

Season 12:

• 25 vets
  • 19 TCC
  • Total: 44
  • 11 spots, 8 extra rookies

Season 13:

• 20 vets
  • 24 TCC
  • 16 spots, 8 extra rookies

Season 14:

• 27 vets
  • 17 TCC
  • 9 spots, 8 extra rookies

Season 15:

• 29 Vets
  • 21 TCC
  • Total: 50
  • 7 spots, 14 extra rookies

Until last year the highest number of extra rookies was 11. With 27 vets this year (if Victoria is really not returning) that would mean 9 open spots. We have 10 confirmed TCC. So we are waiting on possibly 7-13 more girls to announce/find out. 

This is Kleine's hip hop team at nationals, even if it's not pom i imagine she'll be pretty good. They got 2nd place!

https://www.instagram.com/p/COQ4U_EpP2C/

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tulip86 said:

Kleine means "small one" in my native language, has a weird ring to me 🤷‍♀️

How is Kleine pronounced? Like in Calvin Klein, or ?  There are some lovely girls in the TCC's. I think it is mainly that the older I get, the more all young people look beautiful, lol!

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Yay! Isn’t U Montana where DCC Alumni Megan (C.) Hurley is a coach of their dance team? Or was? Either way, Good Luck Amber L.!

I don't think Megan works for them anymore. Or does she? I seem to remember she quit DCC after Kelli decided to have that weight talk with her, asked her back and then cut her again and she then got a job at her alma mater as co director at University of Arizona then left that after like 2 or 3 months and then moved to Montana and then got that dance job and then left to move back to California somewhere? Or is Montana kind of in California? 

Judging by Megan's IG she hasn't posted anything about the University of Montana's dance team since Feb 2019.  So its a bit weird of nothing about that for over 2 years and a little digging it seems she might be living in Minesota now so unless thats pretty close in commuting times to wherever Montana dance team do their practices I would safely say she probably do not work there anymore. Love to know what she is doing now tho. 

17 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Word of advice…Be Careful when it comes to reposting Reddit posts 🤦🏻‍♂️😃😁😆😂

I would tell you my favorites, but I don’t want to jinx them, so I’ll sit here & read quietly & secretly stress that they make it. I just hope no veterans get cut. 

Why? Do the reddit posters like the facebook groups in terms of some of the "nastiness/narrowmindedness" etc?

19 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I just rewatched on Pluto an earlier season (4 or 5?) where Judy said something like "we actually took all our vets back to training camp this year!" and she seemed genuinely surprised that no one got cut at auditions. So if they are taking all 27 vets back this year, I feel like they are bound to cut a veteran or two in training camp. Lessons not learned well from last season, unfortunately. Good for the new rookies, I guess?

Not sure of the season but there was that season Kirsten Hagger and someone else had done their rookie year, then had got cut/retired for personal reasons for a year and then came back and had to start from the bottom at prelims.

Now that VK is going to retire for the next year, I wonder how far Kelli would let Madeline Salter go in terms of being a DCC. Because she now does not have VK to overshadow her or be a threat her. I hope she does make the team because damn shes a good better dancer than VK

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Pau84 said:

OMG I am soooo #TeamKleine, it's crazy! (me how much I am on #TeamKleine, not Kleine).

I am so excited! What a great TCC! It is going to be great!

My favs (besides Kleine): Kylie, Ashlinn (I love her and I never stopped being #TeamAshlinn), Christina (anyone with that kind of eye make up on has got something to say),  Melanie, Tori and ...

Madeline Salter. Madeline Salter. Say it soft and it is almost like praying, say it loud and there is music playing. Madeline Salter: the real deal Legacy. I hope they don't bring her back to crush her. I hope she makes it.

And honestly, I think we have an Abigail Klein-scale-beauty on our hands:
Jordann! What a pretty face. She looks like a movie star!

964288406_Screenshot2021-05-30at00_57_32.png.bb52aea26a5a539222452a8c6ec654f9.png

Kleine is a genuinely sweet young lady (so is her entire family... she has a younger sister who graduates UK next year but I don't think she dances like Kleine) ...I think she would be an awesome DCC❤️ 

I hope Madeline makes it this year ... she should have made it two years ago imo...I'm pulling for Tori and Ashlinn as well!! I don't know anything about Jordann but she is a beauty for sure!! 🤗

5 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

How is Kleine pronounced? Like in Calvin Klein, or ?  There are some lovely girls in the TCC's. I think it is mainly that the older I get, the more all young people look beautiful, lol!

Kleine= Kline (long I ) 🤗

• Love 3
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's not the fact Marissa makes TikToks.  It's the fact that they suck:)

And no thank you for me either on Jesus Jesus etc.  It's why I tend to avoid Kat's social media.

Oh I remember quite a few who said it made her an ‘attention whore’ or at risk for making the dcc look bad, etc.  People really ragged on her for it.  I always saw them as just part of the times and harmless. To me a whole lot of them are just eh but it’s part of our culture now.  My kids are her age and these girls ages and they all do it. 
But whatever.  In my opinion, if you don’t like someone for whatever reason, you’ll come up with lots of reasons.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I don't think Megan works for them anymore. Or does she? I seem to remember she quit DCC after Kelli decided to have that weight talk with her, asked her back and then cut her again and she then got a job at her alma mater as co director at University of Arizona then left that after like 2 or 3 months and then moved to Montana and then got that dance job and then left to move back to California somewhere? Or is Montana kind of in California? 

Judging by Megan's IG she hasn't posted anything about the University of Montana's dance team since Feb 2019.  So its a bit weird of nothing about that for over 2 years and a little digging it seems she might be living in Minesota now so unless thats pretty close in commuting times to wherever Montana dance team do their practices I would safely say she probably do not work there anymore. Love to know what she is doing now tho. 

Lol. None of those states are near each other 🙈.  She did do a goodbye to Montana Instagram post and mentioned that the next move was to Minnesota. I don’t think she ever moved back to Southern CA, just that she visited her parents who seem to still be there. It seems like most of her moves are precipitated on her husband’s job. Which is something I understand - 3 states in 5 years all because my husband kept getting promoted and assigned to a new office. Maybe shes currently unemployed in her new city or has a job that isn’t worth posting about in IG. I do hope she’s still dancing though!

1 hour ago, Lynnbo said:

Oh I remember quite a few who said it made her an ‘attention whore’ or at risk for making the dcc look bad, etc.  People really ragged on her for it.  I always saw them as just part of the times and harmless. To me a whole lot of them are just eh but it’s part of our culture now.  My kids are her age and these girls ages and they all do it. 
But whatever.  In my opinion, if you don’t like someone for whatever reason, you’ll come up with lots of reasons.  

I have no opinion about Marissa, and I never made any comments about her during TC.  But for me, it never really seemed like anyone had a problem with Marissa actually Tic-Toc-ing (is that a verb now?), it was more the content she was posting. I know some were put off by maybe Marissas personal opinions creeping into her content, which may in turn have a negative effect on her employer (here being DCC). I never really saw that.  But I did think her content was embarrassingly cringeworthy. She was trying so hard to be funny. And she just isn’t. Or maybe she is, but it wasn’t translating into her videos. TicTocs? I don’t know what they are called. 

• Love 5
(edited)
47 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Lol. None of those states are near each other 🙈.  She did do a goodbye to Montana Instagram post and mentioned that the next move was to Minnesota. I don’t think she ever moved back to Southern CA, just that she visited her parents who seem to still be there. It seems like most of her moves are precipitated on her husband’s job. Which is something I understand - 3 states in 5 years all because my husband kept getting promoted and assigned to a new office. Maybe shes currently unemployed in her new city or has a job that isn’t worth posting about in IG. I do hope she’s still dancing though!

Now that you said that I looked at her IG a little properly, just saw that post. I wonder what he does.

Megan and Mandy are two DCC I always been curious of their after DCC life.

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, KoKo said:

Hence the term "Friday Night Lights" in re: playing football as a kid.  The term was represented into a movie with Billy Bob Thornton and spinned off into a series for several seasons - it wasn't an exaggeration!!   Just Texas alone, it epitomized the attitude and obsession how the whole community supports their high school football team/coaching staff and all that that implies! Very serious business.       I'm the daughter of a high school football coach and the mother of a high school/college quarterback~in both communities that I lived in, the whole town was present in the stands on Friday night and it was electric, the stands were packed !!   My adrenaline still flows just from the amazing memories, esp. watching my son play with his team, my daughter on her cheer/dance team, the parents who were more like family, the crowds......all this still doesn't really describe it.   I'm absolutely not singling out Texas, I know it's important in every state in the US, but only living in Texas, I know it's HUGE. 

It's why church ends at 11 a.m. on Sundays. So everyone can be home in time to watch the game! :D

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Wait, what? Megan C. was cut over weight? That must of been off camera? That seems ridiculous because she seemed so classic DCC (but brunette), and loved by K&J. They still use her image in the intro on the show, unless they finally changed it with the song. 

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Wait, what? Megan C. was cut over weight? That must of been off camera? That seems ridiculous because she seemed so classic DCC (but brunette), and loved by K&J. They still use her image in the intro on the show, unless they finally changed it with the song. 

No, that is not correct. Megan's last season on the team was 2016. She did not audition in 2017. Below are the finalists from the 2017 auditions. That was the year Allie, Raylee, and Heather Hamilton were cut.

veterans 18444468_1546779222035204_4554460007319470080_n.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I seem to remember she quit DCC after Kelli decided to have that weight talk with her, asked her back and then cut her again

33 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Wait, what? Megan C. was cut over weight?

Kelli had the weight talk with Mandy, who quit, was asked back and then quit again.  Megan retired.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

No, that is not correct. Megan's last season on the team was 2016. She did not audition in 2017. Below are the finalists from the 2017 auditions. That was the year Allie, Raylee, and Heather Hamilton were cut.

veterans 18444468_1546779222035204_4554460007319470080_n.jpg

ETA: Shelly Bramhall confirmed March 17, 2017: "Jennifer, Jessica, Danielle, Melissa, Megan, Amy T, Claire & Jax are not returning"  It's on page 4 of the "2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included" thread in season 12. I'll try to link it.

• Love 1

I added the new TCC's to KITKATKITTY's chart for overview

All in all, a very promising list of training camp candidates. Dare I say, best in a long time?

287160710_TCC2021new.jpeg.7be132f360ff72b4abaa1d52a776aaf0.jpeg

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Why? Do the reddit posters like the facebook groups in terms of some of the "nastiness/narrowmindedness" etc?

No…I had posted some Reddit info awhile back (thinking I was onto something first) & it was totally false info. Kind of embarrassing, but it happens 😆 so now, I stay away from Reddit & only trust this website 👍🏽😉

• Love 1
Just now, Tuxcat said:

Yes! I think its probably going to be the season in which they've had the highest number of applicants EVER and the most talented training camp candidates EVER! Just a guess.

And the most veterans returning!!!!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

All in all, a very promising list of training camp candidates. Dare I say, best in a long time?

Well if there ends up being 20 rookie candidates, I hope the last 3 r woc🤷🏼‍♀️ 

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

This is the first season I paid any attention to potential rookies prior to MTT airing. It makes me a bit sad already to know their journey - excitement for TC, meeting new people, and being so close to your dream, then to be called out again and again with office visits for some, and others being good enough to make the team but still getting cut, your anonimity gone but still not making the team, or being one of the lucky few that actually does earn a spot. What a journey they will be on. 

Also - there are a few vets that should be *very* concerned, looking at this group of TCC.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli had the weight talk with Mandy, who quit, was asked back and then quit again.  Megan retired.

Yea I couldn't remember who it was that was cut for weight in private thought it was Megan for some strange strange reason. 

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

And the most veterans returning!!!!

Surely you don't mean to imply this year will be the most competitive training camp ever?!?!??!!?

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Dare I say, best in a long time?

We'll have to wait to see them dance before we can assess if they are the best, but I can certainly say it's the whitest we've seen in a long time!

Edited by Stee
  • LOL 10
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Stee said:

We'll have to wait to see them dance before we can assess if they are the best, but I can certainly say it's the whitest we've seen in a long time!

Yeah this bunch is so white it's not funny . Kelli is so transparent... 

• Love 13

Nah Kelli isn't transparent. Shes just getting old and her eye sight is just gone down hill That or the sunglasses all see the same thing ... that they are ALL WOC ... (sorry did not mean to be rude etc and I apologise now)

• LOL 2
(edited)

19 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

If this is the stats from the buccaneers it will be interesting to see what numbers Kelly comes up with.

Got this from Katelyn Pittmans ig - doesn't appear she reauditioned for DCC or if she did got in

Screenshot_20210530-144147_Instagram.jpg

It certainly gives some perspective on the DCC talking every year about their numbers and how they attract women from other regions, and other pro and semi-pro teams.

(Although I suspect if the Seahawks or Panthers had 600+ candidates, that number would've been proudly displayed on IG. 😆 )

Incidentally, Katelyn just announced that she was chosen for the Bucs training camp, so good on her!

seahawksdancers_CPWhE67B7UV_192711100_534897950865224_2081041754700661970_n.thumb.jpg.ee215ea90e6994b9236d4914b29b92a7.jpg

topcatstats.thumb.JPG.a06179eea659217a75a5a3a92c43a74a.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Great job! Now we have our own chart!

Are we sure about the number of TCC? Perhaps KayDianna McKenzie is also a TCC.
Why would KayDianna McKenzie (TCU Showgirl) say 'So excited to meet you' with Jensen replying 'Can't come soon enough?'

1791281541_Screenshot2021-05-30at04_54_13.thumb.png.f6f3006a6223cd86f9e1d2862c926e58.png

Also just found the attached pic on Madisyn’s IG story so it sounds like KayDianna is confirmed 

19 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Madisyn was a TCU girl? Not the TCU girl I secretly wanted to try out for DCC but I am keeping my eye on her. 

Yes, looks like 3 TCU grads. Who were you looking at? 👀👀 I’ve had my eye on Sundvold, Marvel, Smith, Miles, and Hinson over the last year 😂

16 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Has Lauren Brummett appeared on anyone's radar? Private IG but followed other DCC. From Missouri now in Texas and a grad from Mizzou, danced for them.

I could be drawing a long line here but also could be a possible

Yes! She’s on my radar. Friends with the Sundvolds (makes sense bc Caroline was a Mizzou Golden Girl as well) and followed by several others on the team, from Gina to McKenzie and at least one in each year in between. Requested to follow her but not accepted yet 🤷🏻‍♀️

5C885D9A-555B-42F6-8D8D-735F1CFBB80C.jpeg

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Nice catch! I had Alyssa herself on my watch list since she was both a Showgirl and an Ice Angel. I guess I'll cross her off.

If she weren’t graduating, I’d say hold out hope for next year, but maybe not 😞

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Also just found the attached pic on Madisyn’s IG story so it sounds like KayDianna is confirmed 

Yes, looks like 3 TCU grads. Who were you looking at? 👀👀 I’ve had my eye on Sundvold, Marvel, Smith, Miles, and Hinson over the last year 😂

Yes! She’s on my radar. Friends with the Sundvolds (makes sense bc Caroline was a Mizzou Golden Girl as well) and followed by several others on the team, from Gina to McKenzie and at least one in each year in between. Requested to follow her but not accepted yet 🤷🏻‍♀️

5C885D9A-555B-42F6-8D8D-735F1CFBB80C.jpeg

Whatever happened to TCU dancer Sheridan donevant?  Such a doll, and a red head for KFines bouquet!  Any other pageant girls make it to TCC?

(edited)
On 5/29/2021 at 5:02 PM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I'm really bad at figuring out lookalikes so I'm sure no one will agree with me on these 😂, but...

Amber reminds me of Molly from S12 (I think it's the face shape)

Jensen reminds me of Heather O from S11 (something about the eyes and Blonde hair)

Kleine reminds me of current DCC Amanda

And Melanie reminds me of Sydney Durso 

I think that's why I like Kleine already so much, very similar in appearances to Amanda. She seems spunky from her insta and I love her natural/ish hair so i'm excited lol

Edit: UKDance is also where Lily danced in uni so high hopes for Kleine!

Edited by BunnyHop96
  • Love 4