Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, JC2468 said:

Kinda weird that finals will be Monday- Wednesday 🤔

They have to schedule it with the stadium maybe that’s the only time they could give them 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

As much as I would love to see a mass retirement, it's nice to get some sense of normalcy back for the girls and the viewers.

And for us.  Last year was too freaking quiet on the forums without any instant updates.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

Wait, if no one is retiring does that mean vet cuts for rookies?

1 hour ago, DCCOracle said:

I think that all depends on who Kelli can make a good dramatic story out of. 

And who, if anyone, "offers" themselves up by being outspoken about something important to them that isn't important to Kelli or that upsets her.  Otherwise, she'll probably just randomly choose someone that isn't among her favorites but aren't the people who SHOULD go home (but won't).

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I’m sure there will be a few just not like a mass retirement

Yeah, I find it really hard to believe that there will be none.

I wonder if there ever was a year in which nobody retired. I doubt it.

• Love 4

If no vets retired...

It would make it (insert Chris Harrison voice) "The most dramatic season ever."

Cue Kelly turning off the studio light at the end of promo.

I could totally understand no vet wanting to retire on a crappy covid, socially distant season.

Edited by WoofDCC
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

If no vets retired...

It would make it (insert Chris Harrison voice) "The most dramatic season ever."

Cue Kelly turning off the studio light at the end of promo.

I could totally understand no vet wanting to retire on a crappy covid, socially distant season.

If no vets retire all hell would break loose. 

Ok I am being dramatic but I don't think I could handle it lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCOracle said:

DCC-Prep_1920x1080.jpg

Link provided on the image doesn't work - get it together SM team! Here's a link I found giving details: https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/news/dcc-auditions-intensive-prep-class/

They've also got four audition prep class videos available, $25 each. Jazz taught by Amy, Jazz Pom taught by Rachel W and McKenzie, and Kicks taught by Alora Rose. Didn't actually buy them, so I'm not sure how good they are - if someone is interested enough to buy one let us know all the details!

• Love 3
On 3/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, EricaShadows said:

And who, if anyone, "offers" themselves up by being outspoken about something important to them that isn't important to Kelli or that upsets her.  Otherwise, she'll probably just randomly choose someone that isn't among her favorites but aren't the people who SHOULD go home (but won't).

Like I’ve mentioned before, I love Briana, but if she isn’t highly considering retiring this year, I see her on the chopping block, especially what Kelli and Judy did to her at last year’s TC.  Same goes for Jalyn. She is one of my faves and I just don’t see her making it after this year if a lot of veterans are not retiring. I feel like I rarely see her on DCC advertising or any promotional events.  I also rarely see photos of her and other teammates and often wonder if she isn’t well liked on the squad? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I love Briana, but if she isn’t highly considering retiring this year, I see her on the chopping block, especially what Kelli and Judy did to her at last year’s TC.  Same goes for Jalyn.

I for one am worried for Kristin. I love her but last season's BLM drama makes me think maybe K&J just don't like her. 🙁

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
54 minutes ago, Lona said:

I for one am worried for Kristin. I love her but last season's BLM drama makes me think maybe K&J just don't like her. 🙁

I would say that once Kristin spoke up and showed the whole solo, is when K&J probably realized this gal doesn't drink the kool-aid.  That may help her at this year's auditions cause fans will be waiting to see how she is treated.  OTOH, she may just move on.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

That may help her at this year's auditions cause fans will be waiting to see how she is treated.

As a fan, I was waiting to see how two of my faves Brennan and Hannah were treated and we all know how that turned out 😑😣.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lona said:

Kelli did a special "happy birthday" to her, she'll be fine.  Although, perhaps unpopularly, I don't understand how she ever made it in the 1st place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Kelli did a special "happy birthday" to her, she'll be fine.  Although, perhaps unpopularly, I don't understand how she ever made it in the 1st place.

lmao i sound so cynical here, but she's been doing that for every dcc birthday so i think NOT doing it for hers would just make people talk

so basically i'd be surprised it means anything one way or another

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, vanillagum said:

lmao i sound so cynical here, but she's been doing that for every dcc birthday so i think NOT doing it for hers would just make people talk

so basically i'd be surprised it means anything one way or another

Good point 😼

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Kristin spoke out - but she's done a total reversal and lots of kiss up posts since then. I think she'll retire to concentrate on her fitness business. She needs DCC support to keep that going (hence the kiss up). I can't imagine that Brianna would stay either. They will probably get a some air time with their "Retirement" videos (Vs the disgraced cut veterans who don't ever get to say good bye on the show).

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I feel like I rarely see her on DCC advertising or any promotional events.

Who are the girls doing promos or dance classes and who are the ones who had done nothing?

• Love 1
On 3/21/2021 at 2:34 PM, Kamal said:

I bet Ashlee will be in the second row next year. She's not point material but sure deserves to be in the front triangle. (She'll also be the most senior WOC since Briana may not come back)

I'm changing my mind about the second point. Until today I thought it will be Rachel W as first point and Gina or Caroline as second, but now I noticed that K and J will want a blond and a brunette to share point to have a "different look" (Amy and Maddie, Rachel W and Maddie). Gina is a blond and Caroline is in the lighter end of brunettes. I'm a Amanda fan but she also has to wait until Rachel W retires. 

So I'm betting second point will go to either Amber or Ashly. (Kelcey is also great but have they put tall girls for point?)

• Love 2

Is anyone keeping a list of people to watch on Insta that we think are auditioning? I have some that I’ve found from Jenn Amburn’s videos, but I don’t wanna make a repeat post if that exists elsewhere. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PepperM said:

Is anyone keeping a list of people to watch on Insta that we think are auditioning? I have some that I’ve found from Jenn Amburn’s videos, but I don’t wanna make a repeat post if that exists elsewhere. 

Nobody has posted a list 

• Love 1
On 3/27/2021 at 6:07 PM, DCCOracle said:

There are three things that we all know are set in stone.

1. It will be the most diverse and talented group ever. (because it always is 🙄)
  2. They will make the hardest decisions they've ever had to make. (because they always are 🙄)
  3. After last year, Kelli will be as vindictive as ever. I'd watch my ass if I were Kristin and Briana since they've already been on the chopping block.

Kelli will be amazed at the rookies talent (because she always is). 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Alora Rose is in New York. Screenshots of IG hint she may be staying there?

FA106E9A-B31B-49D8-B269-6E0215111C06.png

Isn't this her first visit back in awhile?  I'm going to be the same way if I ever get back to San Francisco:)

• Love 1
On 1/27/2021 at 4:27 PM, scorpio1031 said:

She is working at the dance studio owned by Evan Anderson, former DCC, and family.  Her dancing has gained power, but probably won't be on the squad while the other blonde legacy is there

There is something about Madeline S that make me wanna root for her, so I do hope she makes it back to TC.  Was she spectacular in the dance dept? Nah. But, she has the dance technique potential, is really pretty, and doesn't say dumb or annoying things for attention. That seems to be a big ask for legacies now a days! Judging by her latest dance video on her instagram, it looks like she has improved her power and dance style. I thought her and Shaina got robbed that year. It should of been an easy decision to take a chance on either of them on the team over Meredith.  

On 1/27/2021 at 4:08 PM, onthebubble said:

I loved Bret! I hope she auditions againI can’t remember if it was S14 or S13 but I want UCLA Katy to try out again too 

I was so hoping to see  UCLA Katy last year. She was a favorite of mine during auditions. I don't know if she will come back. It seemed like Charm and Judy really liked her, but I was worried that the comments about her... "fluff" would make her not wanna try out again. She lost all the weight so really hope that wasn't the case. If it is, Kelli's mean girl mouth lost her a really talented dancer.😞

I hope to see Tori and Ashlinn back. Still baffled that neither of them made the team. I think they came down too hard on Ashlinn and Tori for media training day. I think it was just nerves. Even if they had good media days, I would of cut Alora-Rose and Jessica instead of Tori and Ashlinn. I keep forgetting Jessica even made the team. 😅

I think Bri, Savannah, and Kristen should retire. Not because I don't like them, but for their own good. I don't want to see any of them featured as the struggling veteran next TC.  I would love to see Jalyn get her SG redemption but sadly don't think that will happen, so she should go too.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

Alora Rose is in New York. Screenshots of IG hint she may be staying there?

FA106E9A-B31B-49D8-B269-6E0215111C06.png

If this is correct wasn't this heavily speculated that she would bounce once covid got better

• Love 1

Starting the Insta watch list of potential DCC hopefuls!

Last Year’s TCCs:

Tori Skillings (@toriskillings) - local, attending lots of prep classes, getting lots of support from current DCCs

Cassie Schroeder (@cassieschroeder) - moved to TX, is living with Alanna/Dani/Elli, attending lots of prep classes

Ashlinn Maze (@ashlinnmaze) - has been to recent prep classes, moved to Dallas and has graduated now

Claire Doolin (@whoop_claire_it_is) - moved to TX, been spotted at several Jenn classes recently

Shannan Slattery (@shannanslattery) - has gone to a few prep classes recently

Other Previous TCCs: I think I saw someone say Gina Marie and Madeline S are auditioning again? If so, they’re @ginamariecampagna and @mmadeline.grace, but I haven’t seen anything that would necessarily point to them auditioning except Madeline posting a few dance videos here and there. 

Other Pro Dancers:

Kennedy Jo Wright (@kennedyyjo): Made callbacks last year, current AAIA (2nd year, captain)

Kelsie Kunkel (@kels.renae): Current Sidekicks dancer, has auditioned at least once before, followed by a few current DCCs

Lindsay Barnes (@lindsaymbarnes): Current DSIG, started going to prep classes again back in Jan

Abby Stockton (@abby_stockton_) and Sarah Parton (@sarahraquel1_): both have auditioned at least once, now have a year of AAIA under their belts

Elaney Dominguez (@laney_christine): Same as Abby and Sarah, but two years of AAIA now

Crystal Rose (@crystalssglamour): Has auditioned at least once before, now has a year of semi-pro cheer under her belt (Venom/Marksmen Hunnies, NAL/SPHL) but still pretty young and lives in NC

Others who have auditioned in the past and look like they’re still dancing:

@alexamay13, @madisonreneeee_, @jaycieseta (made TC last year but dropped out prior to start), maybe @alifloyd and @ohmymegann_? These last two were in former DCC classes in January but haven’t been seen dancing since

Still in school but has attended prep classes either this year or last year: @brookemarvel, @annakatesundvold, @ttmiles19, @amberlaiche, @florencequickly, @jourdan_blight

There are also newbies to the scene but I’ve lost track of most of them 😂 I think @hannahlizkal and @breharker are two. Hopefully this is a good starting place and people can add as we find more!

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Starting the Insta watch list of potential DCC hopefuls!

Last Year’s TCCs:

Tori Skillings (@toriskillings) - local, attending lots of prep classes, getting lots of support from current DCCs

Cassie Schroeder (@cassieschroeder) - moved to TX, is living with Alanna/Dani/Elli, attending lots of prep classes

Ashlinn Maze (@ashlinnmaze) - has been to recent prep classes, moved to Dallas and has graduated now

Claire Doolin (@whoop_claire_it_is) - moved to TX, been spotted at several Jenn classes recently

Shannan Slattery (@shannanslattery) - has gone to a few prep classes recently

Other Previous TCCs: I think I saw someone say Gina Marie and Madeline S are auditioning again? If so, they’re @ginamariecampagna and @mmadeline.grace, but I haven’t seen anything that would necessarily point to them auditioning except Madeline posting a few dance videos here and there. 

Other Pro Dancers:

Kennedy Jo Wright (@kennedyyjo): Made callbacks last year, current AAIA (2nd year, captain)

Kelsie Kunkel (@kels.renae): Current Sidekicks dancer, has auditioned at least once before, followed by a few current DCCs

Lindsay Barnes (@lindsaymbarnes): Current DSIG, started going to prep classes again back in Jan

Abby Stockton (@abby_stockton_) and Sarah Parton (@sarahraquel1_): both have auditioned at least once, now have a year of AAIA under their belts

Elaney Dominguez (@laney_christine): Same as Abby and Sarah, but two years of AAIA now

Crystal Rose (@crystalssglamour): Has auditioned at least once before, now has a year of semi-pro cheer under her belt (Venom/Marksmen Hunnies, NAL/SPHL) but still pretty young and lives in NC

Others who have auditioned in the past and look like they’re still dancing:

@alexamay13, @madisonreneeee_, @jaycieseta (made TC last year but dropped out prior to start), maybe @alifloyd and @ohmymegann_? These last two were in former DCC classes in January but haven’t been seen dancing since

Still in school but has attended prep classes either this year or last year: @brookemarvel, @annakatesundvold, @ttmiles19, @amberlaiche, @florencequickly, @jourdan_blight

There are also newbies to the scene but I’ve lost track of most of them 😂 I think @hannahlizkal and @breharker are two. Hopefully this is a good starting place and people can add as we find more!

Claire d is roommates with Kat and Claire w Shannon lives with Chandi 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

I believe Melanie Parker @Melpark111 will try out this year.  She tried out last year. I didn’t see her audition but I thought her dancing looked very DCC to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Looks that way if you go by Kat's comment:

image.thumb.png.11ac4967516184d19370e1efc8fa9dd8.png

That's the one I saw. I just couldn't be bothered to log into IG on my laptop! Caroline looks great here btw

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

That's the one I saw. I just couldn't be bothered to log into IG on my laptop! Caroline looks great here btw

A friend of mine pointed out, though, that Kat has the laugh-cry emoji. Could she maybe be trolling us & Caroline is going nowhere?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

I believe Melanie Parker @Melpark111 will try out this year.  She tried out last year. I didn’t see her audition but I thought her dancing looked very DCC to me. 

Yes she did, I thought she would have made finals at least in a normal year but didn’t make callbacks iirc? I would love to see her have another go. 

37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

A friend of mine pointed out, though, that Kat has the laugh-cry emoji. Could she maybe be trolling us & Caroline is going nowhere?

I wish!! Caroline is one of my faves (a little biased bc that’s my name 😂) but I would be so bummed to see her retire before making GL. 

• Love 1
On 3/21/2021 at 10:01 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Angry men? Uh no no. 

I only say saw the last few episodes of season 15, but I wasn't impressed with Claire's looks. Idk about her dancing though.

I'm not impressed by any of the rookies to be honest.   i was all about Claire and Jada early on but they have proven to be lackluster.  Marissa is so plain compared to some of the others but she at least has energy.  Sydney is the one who looks the closest to an angry man, in my opinion.  

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 1
On 3/28/2021 at 2:13 AM, DCCOracle said:

DCC-Prep_1920x1080.jpg

I can't stand that middle part on Chandi ... just my opinion. bIt makes her hair look greased down.

29 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

image.png.419c4cbd7ec1786ee6a1f02eb823272e.png

she never really answered the question 😂

• LOL 4
On 3/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, Leila2 said:

I mean all subjective but I think LILY always looked feminine -- Brennan -- too cross eyed and scow-ly.  But you are definitely entitled to your opinion!

And I thought Lily looked masculine! I couldn't get past her jaw line. 

On 3/28/2021 at 3:13 PM, ByTor said:

They also used Brennan to welcome in the rookies then cut her. 

• Love 5