Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

On 8/18/2022 at 6:37 PM, aradia22 said:

Could that potentially cause issues with two Taylor Lautners living at the same address?

Probably not. I have the same first and last name as my mother, we never had any serious problems, just sometimes you must open a letter to find out which one is it for. I know other cases like that, with children having same name as parents and no additions like jr. or sr.

• Useful 4
On 8/16/2022 at 9:22 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

He's 6 years older than my husband was when we started dating (I was also 26).  We will be celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary in two weeks (we let it brew for 5 years before marrying).  I know that 6 years is 6 years, but still, it can work.

I think there's a case by case basis you need to get into where it comes to this type of stuff. Florence Pugh and Zach Braff made me raise an eyebrow, but it didn't creep me out like the Aaron Taylor Johnson and Sam Taylor Johnson situation as she was, you know, directing him in a movie that was important for his career at the age of 18. That shit was straight up grooming.

Change it to a 25-year old and a 49-year old, and it's not. It's really a discussion that has to have nuance to it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think there's a case by case basis you need to get into where it comes to this type of stuff. Florence Pugh and Zach Braff made me raise an eyebrow, but it didn't creep me out like the Aaron Taylor Johnson and Sam Taylor Johnson situation as she was, you know, directing him in a movie that was important for his career at the age of 18. That shit was straight up grooming.

Change it to a 25-year old and a 49-year old, and it's not. It's really a discussion that has to have nuance to it.

What infuriates me is the double standard that is still extremely prevalent. If a man is 5-10 years older than a woman in a relationship, it’s rarely mentioned. Reverse the sexes and people have all kinds of opinions. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

What infuriates me is the double standard that is still extremely prevalent. If a man is 5-10 years older than a woman in a relationship, it’s rarely mentioned. Reverse the sexes and people have all kinds of opinions. 

True.  Convention takes a long time to evolve.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Yep. Speaking of that, Demi Lovato has a new single calling out the inappropriateness of 29 year old Wilmer Valderamma pursuing a relationship when Demi was 17. It’s so frustrating how little outrage situations like that generate 

6 minutes ago, Dani said:

Yep. Speaking of that, Demi Lovato has a new single calling out the inappropriateness of 29 year old Wilmer Valderamma pursuing a relationship when Demi was 17. It’s so frustrating how little outrage situations like that generate 

Way back in the 90s Seinfeld and Shoshanna.  She was what 17, him 38 when they met though he seemed to claim they didn't date until she was 18

I guess she is a fashion designer now. Seems like she came from and married money. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Way back in the 90s Seinfeld and Shoshanna.  She was what 17, him 38 when they met though he seemed to claim they didn't date until she was 18

I guess she is a fashion designer now. Seems like she came from and married money. 

Yet, despite her folks being well-heeled, they  appeared to have raised no objections to their barely legal offspring dating someone more than twice her age!  What was THAT about?!

• Love 6

I only hope that the female celeb's family had wanted her company on a more constant basis before she sold her old place and made her move closer- or else they'll all wind up being sorry.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Danielle Bregoli, who gained fame as the 'Cash me outside' girl, and has gone on to  successful music and OnlyFans careers is launching scholarships for technical and trade schools.

Bregoli’s non-traditional pathway to financial security and success on her own terms has also inspired her to help others forge their own path, which is why she has partnered with Educapital Foundation to create the “Bhad Scholarship” Award. The $1.7M scholarship will help 1,000 students enroll in technical and trade schools nationwide, with those awarded the Bhad Scholarship having the opportunity to pursue careers in various trades, ranging from cosmetology to cybersecurity to the business of cannabis.

“I know that there's a lot of kids out there that really want to get real jobs and want to work hard, but they just don't have the money to provide it,” she tells Yahoo Life of why she is excited by the scholarship opportunity. “I thought it was an amazing idea.”...

Bregoli’s interest in trade schools is partially inspired by her own passion for cosmetology. Had things gone differently, she says, she could see herself pursuing a career as a nail technician. She hopes to pursue opportunities within the beauty space in addition to continuing with her music career.

“I want to get into owning more businesses,” she explains. “I want to own a nail salon. I want to hopefully end up having it become a franchise and putting them in multiple different areas.”

She's often treated as a joke but she turned a few minutes of viral fame into a lot of money, on her own terms.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

She's often treated as a joke but she turned a few minutes of viral fame into a lot of money, on her own terms.

Even better, she is using what she got from becoming a punchline to help others.   Scholarships for trade school is awesome.   In the trades you have to buy your own tools.   The GOOD ones (not the home improvement weekend stuff) can get EXPENSIVE.   Good for her.

• Like 2
  • Love 15

That whole thing about the tattoo on his arm that used to be her face but is now the dog from Rocky, which his publicist claimed was because the tattoo of her was unsalvageable when in reality she'd filed for divorce, is a journey, to put it mildly. A journey that reminds me of something that would happen to one of my cousins. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Not sure what this means, but Im guessing it's not complimentary.

LOL it is most certainly not complimentary. They always just have these incredibly convoluted, bizarre, and melodramatic ends to relationships. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
23 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yep, his publicist issued a statement that SS was madly in love with her and only covered the tattoo of her because it couldn't be fixed.  SS also recently posted a lovey dovey message about their 25th anniversary while Mrs Stallone posted and then deleted one.  Anytime a publicist claims a celeb couple is madly in love and all rumors to the contrary  are false; you can be certain that the divorce filing is coming shortly.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Did some quick math on their ages when they met/married. 54 is still young enough to find happiness on her own. Though I don't know why anyone would choose to live in Florida. I wonder if there's anything to the accusation that he's spending recklessly or burning off assets, or if that's just an attempt to get more money out of the divorce.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Yep, his publicist issued a statement that SS was madly in love with her and only covered the tattoo of her because it couldn't be fixed.  SS also recently posted a lovey dovey message about their 25th anniversary while Mrs Stallone posted and then deleted one.  Anytime a publicist claims a celeb couple is madly in love and all rumors to the contrary  are false; you can be certain that the divorce filing is coming shortly.

Yeah I can't figure out if he's in denial or if he just thought he was somehow keeping it quiet for the media, but she was apparently unfollowing him and posting things that seemed to insinuate she was very over him earlier this month, well before the tattoo weirdness. 

Her accusation he “engaged in the intentional dissipation, deplete and/or waste of marital assets" is an interesting one. 

• Useful 6
20 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Here we go again. Yikes. This guy has a fetish for knocking up women.

I'd say he just has an insatiable need for sex. 

The women appear to have the fetish for gestating his offspring.  They're getting a lot of publicity for being "one of the gang" and participating in the mass stupidity of getting within 10 feet of that walking sperm bank. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

Here we go again. Yikes. This guy has a fetish for knocking up women.

The same women, apparently. It's the third with this woman (and please let them pick out a better name than Powerful Queen if it's another girl) and it said in the article that the mother of the twins (Zillion and Zior) is pregnant again but it's not public knowledge if Nick is the father. 

It wouldn't be so bad if he had all of these children with the same two/three women if he didn't have two or three children born in the same year or within a few months. The newest newborn is only a couple of months old. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I don't think it's just that. He talks about children being inevitable like he is somehow unaware that various forms of contraception exist.

• Sad 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Celebrities (and people in general) don't need to say out loud every little thought that they have. Geez. 

Agree. I used to think Nick was so cute, but he's lost me between everything he says and does lately. 

• Like 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Until he was 37 he only had one set of twins so it’s not that. Seven in 2 years can’t just be chance. 

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It actually will be his 10th. People named all of them but apparently decided not to include the one he lost to brain cancer in the total. 

In addition to a divorce, Stallone has been outed as one of the worst for excessive water use. This is a big deal since southern California and all of the Southwest are currently experiencing a severe drought.

Comedian Kevin Hart, former NBA star Dwyane Wade and his wife, actress Gabrielle Union, and Sylvester Stallone have also continued to exceed district limits despite repeated warnings and fines. Now, the water department could install flow restriction devices that can reduce gushing showers to a mere trickle, and would almost certainly turn the rolling lawns surrounding their respective mansions brown...He noted that the district is 100% reliant on imported water from the Sierra Nevada mountains 400 miles away. "We have no groundwater, we have no other alternative sources to draw from," he added...

Meanwhile, a representative for Sylvester Stallone and his model wife, Jennifer Flavin, told the Times that their property has many large, mature fruit trees that would be at risk without sufficient watering. In June, the couple used 230,000 excess gallons of water – more than 533% than their allocated budget.

• Mind Blown 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Looks like her to me.  Just no hairstyling, makeup or stage lighting.  I'd say she looks more real than most in Hollywood.  Not that she hasn't had work done, it just doesn't look to me like she's reached Meg Ryan or Nicole Kidman levels of cosmetic procedures.

Edited by Notabug
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 9

Poor Maria Shriver.    Her forehead is jacked up, her mouth is very crooked, something is seriously wrong, and I don't think it's lack of makeup.  I agree, I suspect photoshopping by some sleazy paper (NY Post in this case). 

The Stallone was issue will have to be settled by whichever one gets the house in the divorce, or resold to someone else. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Maria Shriver looks like a 66-year-old woman who put her hair back in a clip and didn't bother painting her face to go check on the progress at a construction site.  Some tabloid posting the photo - in which she was nice enough to smile at the photographer - with hyperbolic language doesn't turn that simple fact into celebrity news.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 3
  • Love 16
22 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:
7 hours ago, Notabug said:

Looks like her to me.  Just no hairstyling, makeup or stage lighting.  I'd say she looks more real than most in Hollywood.  Not that she hasn't had work done, it just doesn't look to me like she's reached Meg Ryan or Nicole Kidman levels of cosmetic procedures.

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Poor Maria Shriver.    Her forehead is jacked up, her mouth is very crooked, something is seriously wrong, and I don't think it's lack of makeup. 

The Stallone was issue will have to be settled by whichever one gets the house in the divorce, or resold to someone else. 

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Maria Shriver looks like a 66-year-old woman who put her hair back in a clip and didn't bother painting her face to go check on the progress at a construction site.  Some tabloid posting the photo - in which she was nice enough to smile at the photographer - with hyperbolic language doesn't turn that simple fact into celebrity news.

Those photos look photoshopped to me. There's something weird about the wrinkles on her forehead & the sides of her face. Other than that, she looks like someone who didn't bother to put on makeup & pulled her hair back when it's normally down. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
29 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I think the only thing that makes her "unrecognizable" is that her eyebrows aren't penciled in. Eyebrows can really change your face.

That was what I noticed. It looked like she had no eyebrows, or that they were super light and hardly visible and that can severely alter one's face. I speak as someone who has very sparce, light eyebrows and doesn't leave the house without brushing some on. 

• Like 2

It seems that only women feel they need to fix their eyebrows before being seen in public. How many 66-year old men think about that? So sad that we still think this  way. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it seems that Maria Shriver is one woman who doesn't feel the need to fix her eyebrows before being seen in public, given that we're discussing a set of pictures of her without penciled-in eyebrows.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, janie jones said:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it seems that Maria Shriver is one woman who doesn't feel the need to fix her eyebrows before being seen in public, given that we're discussing a set of pictures of her without penciled-in eyebrows.

And look at the ridicule she’s getting for it. When was the last time you saw comments about an older man’s eyebrows?

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And look at the ridicule she’s getting for it. When was the last time you saw comments about an older man’s eyebrows?

I rant about this a lot, but it's annoying all the stuff we're expected to do as women-groom your brows, remove every hair off the rest of your body, make sure the hair on your head is long, healthy, and gorgeous, put a face on, have a skin care routine, get your nails done, etc. If you actually do all this, it takes a tremendous amount of time. I know being a man isn't a walk in the park either, but they have it so much better on this issue. They can just be, and sadly, as much as feminists wish it were different, I don't think it will ever get easier on women, the expectations just get higher with time. For example, micro blading wasn't always a thing, now even more women have "perfect" brows, so more pressure for all women. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I rant about this a lot, but it's annoying all the stuff we're expected to do as women-groom your brows, remove every hair off the rest of your body, make sure the hair on your head is long, healthy, and gorgeous, put a face on, have a skin care routine, get your nails done, etc. If you actually do all this, it takes a tremendous amount of time. 

And it ain't cheap, either! I don't even do that much (a bang trim here, an eyebrow wax there), but that shit adds up!

Meanwhile, Martin Scorsese has buzzards' nests for eyebrows and Ed Sheeran's hair has probably never met a comb, but no one gives them any grief!

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I rant about this a lot, but it's annoying all the stuff we're expected to do as women

One time I counted to see that in the morning I could use upwards of 12-14 products and still be naked with no makeup on.  😕

Back to celebrities, can anyone explain why Olivia Wilde is still complaining about being served publicly, or did she just do the one interview and it’s still making headlines?  The only reason the public knows about it is because she opened the envelope onstage.  I don’t think she is helping her case in trying for sympathy, but I could be at a table for one.

Edited by Crs97
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5