Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Your name always reminds me of those cute stuffed animals I had two of when I was young.

That's exactly where I got my name! I still have my favorite pillowcase and bedsheet from when I was two with them on it.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

“Inventing Anna” actress Julia Garner has been offered the role of Madonna in a forthcoming biopic about the pop icon, sources familiar with the project told Variety.

Garner has emerged the favorite from over a dozen candidates, one insider added, and has for months been speculated as a frontrunner for the part — a performance Madonna will shepherd herself as director. Garner’s team is considering and expected to accept the offer, said another source.

The film is set up at Universal Pictures, and will follow the early days of the oft-controversial artist and queen of perpetual reinvention. Universal Filmed Entertainment Group chairman Donna Langley won the script in a multi-studio bidding war, and Amy Pascal is attached as a producer.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/julia-garner-madonna-biopic-lead-role-1235287260/

Also Diablo Cody left the project and was replaced with Erin Cressida Wilson but who knows how much Cody ruined the script before that. I haven't seen Inventing Anna yet (the voice is a lot) but I did like Julia in The Assistant.

Edited by aradia22
wrong link
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't care if he has enough money to support all of them. Children need love and attention from their parents and he is not going to be able to provide enough of that to all of them.  

I agree. Money is important when raising a child, but it's not everything.

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't care if he has enough money to support all of them. Children need love and attention from their parents and he is not going to be able to provide enough of that to all of them.  

It's amazing Nick doesn't grasp this. Has anyone in his life discussed it with him?

10 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

I agree. Money is important when raising a child, but it's not everything.

Agree. I'm NOT one of those "all you need is love" types. Money is needed for housing, clothes, food, health care, school, after school activities, etc. But children need their parents to be there, not just out making money and creating more and more babies. I used to be a big fan of Nick's, but he is so irresponsible. If he wants this huge, huge family, I wish he'd at least adopt. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

His attitude towards it all is just as disgusting as the fact he's producing so many kids in the first place.

I've seen women who have two or three kids by different fathers be called horrible things. But this guy impregnates I don't know how many women, I have lost track, and he thinks it's no big deal.  He is just being gross at this point.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

But this guy impregnates I don't know how many women, I have lost track,

According to the article linked above, five so far.

From that same article:

He recalled his therapist telling him that he "needed to chill out," adding: "So I was like, 'Yo, let's try celibacy.' And that was like October ... I didn't even make it to [January]. I was supposed to make it to the top of the year. Then obviously I started going through some stuff ... I got depressed with the loss of my son. So in December ... the thing is everybody saw I was so down. So everybody was like, 'Let's just give him a little vagina, and that's gonna cure it all.' "

Continued Cannon: "I fell victim to it 'cause I was in a weak state. So December, especially right before Christmas, I started f------ like crazy ... So I broke the celibacy. But I was probably celibate for a month and a half strong ... I was trying to do it. I had a new show, new energy, I was dealing with a lot."

Calculating the months, Lip Service co-hosts Angela Yee and Gigi Maguire asked if fans can expect Cannon to have a handful of children in September and October. Cannon laughed and answered, "Y'all are pretty good at math."

The fact this guy apparently never uses protection, since he just casually assumes his fuck sprees will result in a handful of children, is revolting. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Bastet said:

The fact this guy apparently never uses protection, since he just casually assumes his fuck sprees will result in a handful of children, is revolting. 

And he says he fell victim?  Get the fuck out of here.  He is beyond revolting.  Why any woman would sleep with him is beyond me. I don't care they will get child support.  You are still bringing a child into a situation where if you are lucky your child might get to see their father on a regular basis. Whatever that might mean to Nick Cannon.

• Applause 3
  • Love 19

Also, this is the least of his offenses, and I'm not normally one to get fussed about celebrities and their weird baby names, but reading it again reminds me:  One of last year's three Cannon babies is named Zillion Heir.  Come on, now.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

According to the article linked above, five so far.

From that same article:

Exactly, why is he justifying his need to have sex.  That's one thing.  He doesn't have to justify that.  What he should justify is his need to never use protection with these millions of Cannon kids already walking around.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Why any woman would sleep with him is beyond me. 

Nick Cannon is absolutely disgusting. He isn't making deals with these women to have his kids, he just doesn't want to use a damn condom. These women are in it for the money, I have no idea how much he has, but is it really enough? I'm sorry to say it (well, sorry, not sorry), but I hope he gets a nasty STD from all the unprotected sex.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Eddie Murphy has 10 children by 5 women, and was only married to one of them.  

He must be a god to Nick.  

In fairness, by most accounts, Eddie is a decent father. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
5 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

I mean, there are other ways to protect yourself besides condoms. He isn’t even trying.

Imagine a woman with multiple young kids from different fathers saying she fell victim to men and went on a sex spree after losing one of her children and became pregnant again. She would be called everything but a child of God. 
I feel sorry for all the kids. Siblings all over town…hopefully the boys will grow up to do better than their father.

Poor Kristina and Jack. That’s so sad.

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

In fairness, but most accounts, Eddie is a decent father. 

He also had 5 of those children with the same woman and in his defense he spread out his fathering  over the course of about 20 years*. Cannon, on the other hand, seems determined to have 20 kids in the space of 5 minutes.''

*Yikes, correction make that 30 years!  

Edited by SusanM
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Exactly, why is he justifying his need to have sex.  That's one thing.  He doesn't have to justify that.  What he should justify is his need to never use protection with these millions of Cannon kids already walking around.

Yep, two separate things.  If there are additional issues the therapist is privy to so that a period of celibacy was a good recommendation, fine.  But even setting that aside there's a big problem.  I'm sure far more than one person has advised Dude, wrap it up yet he doesn't quote that in laughing about his prolific spawn.

It's fundamentally not about how much sex he does or doesn't have, with however many women; as long as he's not forcing, coercing, or deceiving anyone, have at it.  That he frames it in binary terms, like he can either abstain from sex or shit out three kids in a year, is ridiculous.  And it's not just pregnancy as a potential consequence, so his enthusiastic attitude toward unprotected sex is fucked up even beyond the gross overpopulation result.

What an utter dipshit, and any woman churning out the same result with the same attitude would be raked over the coals exponentially more than he is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I mean, there are other ways to protect yourself besides condoms. He isn’t even trying.

I've seen several comments like this that make it seem like this is all on him. Is there no culpability for the women here? It takes two to tango. It is not only his responsibility to be responsible for birth control. Unless he's forcing himself on these women, they have the ability to open their mouths and say "no" or "put on a condom" or "let's discuss birth control." I swear, it feels like there's an epidemic lately of people - especially people who claim to be feminists - infantilizing women, especially when it comes to the CHOICES they make when it comes to sex. If Nick Cannon wants to repopulate the Earth, that's between him and his consenting bed partners. If they don't want to be baby mama number 99, they have options.

35 minutes ago, Bastet said:

And it's not just pregnancy as a potential consequence, so his enthusiastic attitude toward unprotected sex is fucked up even beyond the gross overpopulation result.

People can get tests for STDs before they hop into bed with anyone. I have no idea if Cannon is doing that, but won't assume that he isn't either.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I do wonder how much of a relationship Nick's twins with Mariah have with their half-siblings. Aren't Roc and Roe ten or eleven years older than all of these 'newer' babies?

Also, one of the children is named Powerful Queen?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
(edited)
59 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I've seen several comments like this that make it seem like this is all on him. Is there no culpability for the women here? It takes two to tango. It is not only his responsibility to be responsible for birth control. Unless he's forcing himself on these women, they have the ability to open their mouths and say "no" or "put on a condom" or "let's discuss birth control." I swear, it feels like there's an epidemic lately of people - especially people who claim to be feminists - infantilizing women, especially when it comes to the CHOICES they make when it comes to sex. If Nick Cannon wants to repopulate the Earth, that's between him and his consenting bed partners. If they don't want to be baby mama number 99, they have options.

People can get tests for STDs before they hop into bed with anyone. I have no idea if Cannon is doing that, but won't assume that he isn't either.

I've noticed this as well, and it really turned me off from the movement. What's far more offensive than referring to an adult as a girl is literally seeing her as one. 

I do expect the focus to be Nick just because he's the celeb, but I did think what you did and nervously made a similar post awhile back. I expected lots of posts picking mine apart and screaming misogyny. Surprisingly, I don't recall much (if any) negative feedback. Whether you are a man or woman, I think it's nuts to bring a child into this world knowing they won't have a proper father, no matter how rich and famous he is. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Bastet said:

His attitude towards it all is just as disgusting as the fact he's producing so many kids in the first place.

I think he's trying to catch up with Kody Brown 🙄

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I was just assuming these were people that saw money signs when Nick approached them with the idea of unprotected sex.  There are a lot of people in the world who would jump at the chance to have unprotected sex with a rich (and famous) person in the hopes of possibly procreating and securing money for them and their offspring. So yes, both parties are being reckless with their health and their decision-making. I would just think that Nick would want  be smarter when it comes to his protecting his finances as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I do wonder how much of a relationship Nick's twins with Mariah have with their half-siblings. Aren't Roc and Roe ten or eleven years older than all of these 'newer' babies?

Also, one of the children is named Powerful Queen?

Since Mr.Cannon doesn't appear to have promised monogamy or fidelity to his other offspring's co-parents (and his track record for doing the opposite isn't a secret), I'm wondering if at least some of these co-parents' MO might possibly to believe that any children  conceived by Mr. Cannon being the half-sibs of Miss Carey's progeny somehow might get their babies to bask in Miss Carey's reflected/refracted superstar fame and talent. I  somehow don't think most if not all would be so eager to risk going through pregnancy, childbirth and essentially single motherhood if Mr. Cannon had had no links to a superstar (even though they and any potential offspring will see ZERO of Miss Carey's fortune). I don't think they'd have named their offspring Golden, Powerful Queen,etc. if they didn't somehow think they'd be more likely to be special via being the link to celeb 'royalty' glory than if everyone involved were totally obscure unknowns.

Yes, I feel very sorry for the offspring regardless of how or why they were conceived.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

And Eddie didn't give interviews talking the way Nick talks about it.  

7 hours ago, Bastet said:

What an utter dipshit, and any woman churning out the same result with the same attitude would be raked over the coals exponentially more than he is. 

This all day every day. 

6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Whether you are a man or woman, I think it's nuts to bring a child into this world knowing they won't have a proper father, no matter how rich and famous he is

There are millions of women who raise their children without the father in the picture.  Some  by choice and some because the father chooses to not be in the picture.  I don't know what Nick's baby mama's think when they conceive a child with him but it seems like Nick is already thinking about the next woman he is going to conceive a child with.  I would like for someone interviewing Nick to ask him how often he sees his kids. 

I do wonder how child support is being handled. Are all the kids receiving the same amount? Does he have formal agreements with the mothers?  Is child support just a line item on his monthly budget?  

33 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Yes, I feel very sorry for the offspring regardless of how or why they were conceived.

Are the siblings even going to know one another?

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Good to hear. 

But what really matters are if these accounts are from the mothers, or from his children.

I know most are grown adults now, but that's usually when the facts of the parent/child interactions get aired out.  

We haven't had any tell-all books, so that's encouraging.  Of course the Mel B. baby kerfuffle made the media, but probably the only real salacious story. 

• Love 5

Probably not but somebody in the Cannon family better keep current documentation of all the siblings and where they are so when they come of age they don't accidentally date each other.

At this point I think Nick Cannon is likely some degree of mentally ill. I don't believe in 'sex addiction" but I do think he's trying to work out some kind of psychological problem via seemingly careless sex.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I don't know what Nick's baby mama's think when they conceive a child with him but it seems like Nick is already thinking about the next woman he is going to conceive a child with.  I would like for someone interviewing Nick to ask him how often he sees his kids. 

Most of those women are either thinking "this time it's me he's going to marry" or "hot damn, child support for at least 18 yrs" I guess.  What I wonder about is how many women though are sleeping with him and not getting pregnant or does he only sleep with women with both of them intending pregnancy to be the result,

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

We haven't had any tell-all books, so that's encouraging.  Of course the Mel B. baby kerfuffle made the media, but probably the only real salacious story. 

Yeah, that story doesn't paint Eddie as the best father.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

And Eddie didn't give interviews talking the way Nick talks about it.  

This all day every day. 

There are millions of women who raise their children without the father in the picture.  Some  by choice and some because the father chooses to not be in the picture.  I don't know what Nick's baby mama's think when they conceive a child with him but it seems like Nick is already thinking about the next woman he is going to conceive a child with.  I would like for someone interviewing Nick to ask him how often he sees his kids. 

I do wonder how child support is being handled. Are all the kids receiving the same amount? Does he have formal agreements with the mothers?  Is child support just a line item on his monthly budget?  

Even though the people who freak out over anything remotely critical said about women annoy me, I absolutely know  those who hold women to higher standards are still out there and would judge them much more harshly. I hate that attitude as well. 

In case anyone takes my post the wrong way when I say not have a father, I’m not judging anyone whose relationship doesn’t work out, who adopts solo, who is in a same sex relationship, etc. Despite not being big on some feminist rhetoric, I have quite a liberal outlook on most things. It’s someone like Nick and anyone who thinks it’s a great idea to have a child with him when he can’t possibly see all his kids very much. Will he even be able to remember their names and birthdays? Is he going to stop once he gets to a certain number? I would rather have kids with a man who doesn’t have a fraction of Nick’s money but would be there for my child.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Is there no culpability for the women here? It takes two to tango. It is not only his responsibility to be responsible for birth control. Unless he's forcing himself on these women, they have the ability to open their mouths and say "no" or "put on a condom" or "let's discuss birth control." I swear, it feels like there's an epidemic lately of people - especially people who claim to be feminists - infantilizing women, especially when it comes to the CHOICES they make when it comes to sex.

They're either being ignored, which makes sense since Nick is the celebrity.  They aren't.  Or they're being talked about as if they're making a financial decision which gives them complete agency. I haven't seen anyone imply that they're victims or without choice so I don't see the infantalizing at all. 

On 6/8/2022 at 7:43 AM, Notabug said:

I'm not sure that getting to play Madonna in a biopic directed by Madonna herself is such an honor.  I am trying to imagine the dynamics of working with her directing the story of her life.  Sounds like torture, IMO.

Julia's great.  And I like Madonna.  I think it'd be a great part for her but yeah, I do not think I'd want the women I'm supposed to be portraying directing me.  Especially since she's not well established as a director.

• Like 1
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They're either being ignored, which makes sense since Nick is the celebrity.  They aren't.  Or they're being talked about as if they're making a financial decision which gives them complete agency. I haven't seen anyone imply that they're victims or without choice so I don't see the infantalizing at all. 

After being unbelievably stupid as a teenager as an adult woman I was responsible for my own birth control.  That was my choice.  I never stopped being astounded at how many men never brought the subject up.  At this point any woman who sleeps with Nick Cannon who isn't on birth control I'm going to assume she is hoping to get pregnant.  

37 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

In case anyone takes my post the wrong way when I say not have a father, I’m not judging anyone whose relationship doesn’t work out, who adopts solo, who is in a same sex relationship, etc. Despite not being big on some feminist rhetoric, I have quite a liberal outlook on most things. It’s someone like Nick and anyone who thinks it’s a great idea to have a child with him when he can’t possibly see all his kids very much. Will he even be able to remember their names and birthdays? Is he going to stop once he gets to a certain number? I would rather have kids with a man who doesn’t have a fraction of Nick’s money but would be there for my child.

@RealHousewife I knew what you meant.  Maybe these women have rose colored glasses on and think Nick will be a present father but unless he has some big compound with lots of houses for each family I don't see  how that will be possible.  Does he even see his kids with Mariah Carey?

• Applause 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

After being unbelievably stupid as a teenager as an adult woman I was responsible for my own birth control.  That was my choice.  I never stopped being astounded at how many men never brought the subject up.  At this point any woman who sleeps with Nick Cannon who isn't on birth control I'm going to assume she is hoping to get pregnant.  

@RealHousewife I knew what you meant.  Maybe these women have rose colored glasses on and think Nick will be a present father but unless he has some big compound with lots of houses for each family I don't see  how that will be possible.  Does he even see his kids with Mariah Carey?

Maybe they're hoping that somehow Miss Carey will treat THEM as 'sister wives' and want all their kids to bond with hers.  Stranger things have happened. 

1 minute ago, Blergh said:

Maybe they're hoping that somehow Miss Carey will treat THEM as 'sister wives' and want all their kids to bond with hers.  Stranger things have happened. 

Not even thinking about Mariah but I do wonder how all the other baby mama's interact.  Do they know one another?  Do they all get together on Mother's Day? Or Father' Day. Other holidays?  Haven't some of them been pregnant at the same time?

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I haven't seen anyone imply that they're victims or without choice so I don't see the infantalizing at all. 

I do see negative commentary - usually suggesting, or downright stating - that these women are golddiggers.  Which, to be honest, is fair IMO.  Unless these women are living under rocks or are sub-par mentally they have to know his history.  To give him credit here he's not exactly subtle and he isn't, as far as we know, lying to anyone about his intentions.  He wants to have lots of kids, with lots of different women.  

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, SusanM said:

I do see negative commentary - usually suggesting, or downright stating - that these women are golddiggers.  Which, to be honest, is fair IMO. 

I don't know that I feel that way about the first woman he had kids with after Mariah.  Nick and Brittany Bell had a child a year after his divorce from Mariah was finalized (but they'd been separated for longer than that).  It had been 6 years since his first twins were born. She had her second child with him at the end of 2020.  I don't know if they were together that whole time but that's not an unreasonable decision on her part. 

It wasn't until the next year (2021) that he started having multiple children per year with different women.

Usually I think Ryan Reynolds has a good sense of humor to leap on zeitgeist moments but I just don't find it ha ha funny to see Nick Cannon bitching about his lack of sleep (oh really, how many of these babies do you live with?) or like he didn't realize that having so many kids would be work.  And we all know damn well he's likely not going to get a vasectomy.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Given his utter lack of caring about protection, I'm perfectly comfortable assuming he isn't because he simply doesn't give a shit.

• Like 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:
13 hours ago, Bastet said:

Expand  

This can’t be stressed enough!

• Love 5

"So I was like, 'Yo, let's try celibacy.'...Then obviously I started going through some stuff ... I got depressed with the loss of my son. So in December ... the thing is everybody saw I was so down. So everybody was like, 'Let's just give him a little vagina, and that's gonna cure it all.' "

This strikes me as a very unhealthy view of the grieving process and sex.

17 hours ago, Bastet said:

That he frames it in binary terms, like he can either abstain from sex or shit out three kids in a year, is ridiculous. 

Yeah, this is bizarre. Does he not believe in birth control?

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Probably not but somebody in the Cannon family better keep current documentation of all the siblings and where they are so when they come of age they don't accidentally date each other.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Bastet said:

Yep, two separate things.  If there are additional issues the therapist is privy to so that a period of celibacy was a good recommendation, fine.  But even setting that aside there's a big problem.  I'm sure far more than one person has advised Dude, wrap it up yet he doesn't quote that in laughing about his prolific spawn.

It's fundamentally not about how much sex he does or doesn't have, with however many women; as long as he's not forcing, coercing, or deceiving anyone, have at it.  That he frames it in binary terms, like he can either abstain from sex or shit out three kids in a year, is ridiculous.  And it's not just pregnancy as a potential consequence, so his enthusiastic attitude toward unprotected sex is fucked up even beyond the gross overpopulation result.

A woman who had children with multiple men would be called a slut. She would be accused of neglecting her children while she had sex.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

There are many women who want a child without dealing with a co-parent. Some of them may be fine with having kids with Nick because they get the child mostly to themselves without worrying about how to support them. Not that any of them have spoken up to say if that's why.

It's very disturbing he doesn't just want to get laid a lot, but specifically to have sex to impregnate the woman.

• Like 1
  • Love 10