Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Honestly, I can see through his supposed humor in his Instagram posts to see the toxic Christianity he practices.  This whole post reads like something the Duggars would post

image.png.b6d1047d9f1466d75bf29d5ef05db9ad.png

Making a point to mention how healthy his new infant daughter is when his child with his ex wife has health issues is disgusting.

• Love 9
(edited)
15 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Wow, I'm glad my husband wasn't famous, people would have hated him too.  Like, that's a cute post, and dumb.

Did you give him the adoring wifely gaze in SM photos? She looks just like the brainwashed Duggar women, as another poster mentioned.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Cinnabon said:

Making a point to mention how healthy his new infant daughter is when his child with his ex wife has health issues is disgusting.

With what happened with his son, he's probably super grateful that his daughter was born without issues.  And his son is apparently ok?  Like, if he had been all, "Katherine is obviously a better mother because our daughter wasn't premature" that would be one thing, but I don't go reading into what people post online looking for the most dickish possible meaning.

1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Did you give him the adoring wifely gaze ? 

I rolled my eyes mostly, or laughed at him.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Ok, I need someone to tell me why Chris Pratt gets so much hate.  Like, I know about the flashing thing on Parks and Rec and how he's a shit for still thinking it's cute and funny, but that doesn't explain all of the hate.

So many reasons. It started when he decided rehome his elderly cat on social media and posted a classy blog post in response to criticism. Here’s an exert:

Bottom line, and not that this is any of your fucking business weirdos, but my wife and I want to start a family and we ABSOLUTELY CANNOT have an animal that sh*ts all over the house. Sorry. If you are a parent you will understand. And if not, that probably explains why you have such a hard on for cats. Just sayin’.

1 minute ago, Dani said:

So many reasons. It started when he decided rehome his elderly cat on social media and posted a classy blog post in response to criticism. Here’s an exert:

Now THAT is an asshole post.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Wow, I'm glad my husband wasn't famous, people would have hated him too.  Like, that's a cute post, and dumb.

It's designed to be cute and a bit dumb.  The religious right is not all fire and brimstone.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ouinason said:

Now THAT is an asshole post.

I think that he has learned to hide his doucheness most of the time. It leaks through in minor ways that could be easily written off but rubs many people the wrong way. Like when he won a stupid worst Chris Twitter poll and a ridiculous number of celebrities jumped to his defense in an extremely bizarre way. Little things combined with bigger red flags like the pet rehoming and his Parks and Rec antics have given him a reputation as an asshole. 

27 minutes ago, Dani said:

Wow, I mean I am glad that he doesn't have that cat anymore, but what an asshole way to put it.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Dani said:

I think that he has learned to hide his doucheness most of the time. It leaks through in minor ways that could be easily written off but rubs many people the wrong way. Like when he won a stupid worst Chris Twitter poll and ridiculous number of celebrities jumped to his defense in an extremely bizarre way. Little things combined with bigger red flags like the pet rehoming and his Parks and Rec antics have given him a reputation as an asshole. 

He thinks he’s hiding it but it’s evident to those who read between the lines.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:

Wow, I mean I am glad that he doesn't have that cat anymore, but what an asshole way to put it.

Hopefully the poor cat found a better home. My precious cat is about 18 years old now, and has had some gastrointestinal issues that caused her to poop all over the place for a few weeks. Yes, it really sucked to have to clean all that up, but I would never even think of getting rid of her because of it. Luckily, we got that issue under control with steroids every other day. In his case,  I’m sure he has hired help who would’ve been the ones cleaning up. Giving away a senior cat because they develop health problems is beyond selfish.

• Love 20
34 minutes ago, Bastet said:

He and his ex-wife Ana Faris abandoned two pets we know of and he attends a homophobic church.  His post extolling the virtues of his second wife including praising her for providing him a "healthy" child when his child by Faris has had health problems since birth can perhaps be explained as not considering the implications of the wording, but those two facts of his life, nope.  Fuck that guy (and her, for the pets).  Add in the creepy way he talks about this wife and their relationship, and whenever his name is mentioned and I try to remember which Chris is which, I think, "He's the gross one, right?"

Then there is his brother...

Why are people more offended about the way he treats a cat than the way he treats women? Sorry, but I can forgive someone for rehoming a pet. I cannot forgive him for flashing his dick. 

• Love 15
On 5/21/2022 at 5:37 AM, Enigma X said:

Fair, but Jenifer Lopez was already getting recognition before Selena. Mainly as a dancer within the hip hop world. I think she always had her eyes set on something bigger. Whether we believe she can act or not, I think she does have charisma. It may have taken her longer to get where she is today but she would have still been famous today (I think).

I forgot she was a dancer on In Living Color.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Why are people more offended about the way he treats a cat than the way he treats women? Sorry, but I can forgive someone for rehoming a pet. I cannot forgive him for flashing his dick. 

I have ample storage for being offended by multiple things, but I'd never heard the latter story.  I just looked it up and, yep, add that to my "fuck that guy" list.

I hadn't heard about this brother, either.  Yikes.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
28 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Crisp Rat's list of Yikes is so long that it's hard to keep track of all of them.  I completely forgot about his on set behavior.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Ok, I need someone to tell me why Chris Pratt gets so much hate.  Like, I know about the flashing thing on Parks and Rec and how he's a shit for still thinking it's cute and funny, but that doesn't explain all of the hate.

There is, of course, all the stuff others have already mentioned, but repeatedly exposing one's genitals at one's place of employment to people who do not consent to it is itself an adequate reason to be hated, in my opinion.

• Applause 1
  • Love 12

Thank you for the information guys, I appreciate it.

HOWEVER, you can't blame the actions of his brother, or even other celebrities defending him, on Chris himself.  Honestly, he's got enough marks against him, blaming him for other people's actions is just piling on.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ouinason said:

HOWEVER, you can't blame the actions of his brother, or even other celebrities defending him, on Chris himself.  Honestly, he's got enough marks against him, blaming him for other people's actions is just piling on.

I can when it happens in way that makes to obvious that he or someone in his camp reached out and asked other celebrities to speak up of his behalf because he got his feelings hurt over a ridiculous Twitter poll. The reaction was completely bizarre. It reflected poorly on him and his Marvel friends considering they were all silent while their female costars were dealing with an appalling amount of hate just for existing. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dani said:

I think that he has learned to hide his doucheness most of the time. It leaks through in minor ways that could be easily written off but rubs many people the wrong way. Like when he won a stupid worst Chris Twitter poll and ridiculous number of celebrities jumped to his defense in an extremely bizarre way. Little things combined with bigger red flags like the pet rehoming and his Parks and Rec antics have given him a reputation as an asshole. 

OMG. I remember that. I was embarrassed for Chris and every actor that jumped to his defense. Did they have NOTHING better to do with their time? And it was especially fucked because Brie Larson has been hounded by trolls, and not a single one of them stood up for her and defended her.

ETA: @Dani jinx! Basically said the same thing.

Edited by PepSinger
  • Love 23
15 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Thank you for the information guys, I appreciate it.

I don't blame him for his brother's actions. I do blame him for promoting his brother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

He thinks he’s hiding it but it’s evident to those who read between the lines.

Yeah.  Sometimes douchiness hides behind apparent innocuousness.  And when someone catches the small tells, points them out, and makes a judgment based on lived experience, they often are seen as "overreacting." Time often exposes them. Not always but often.

1 hour ago, Dani said:

I can when it happens in way that makes to obvious that he or someone in his camp reached out and asked other celebrities to speak up of his behalf because he got his feelings hurt over a ridiculous Twitter poll.

Right.  It was a silly "which is the worst Chris" Twitter poll of Marvel actors whoses name are Chris.  Someone needs to be the worst Chris out of Hemsworth, Evans, Pine and Pratt.  The worst Chris doesn't even mean the "winner" is a bad person. I can't imagine why other actors jumped in on that unless they knew he was sensitive to it or collectively don't get stupid Twitter polls.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Sorry, but I can forgive someone for rehoming a pet. 

So can I but not when said rehoming involves an elderly pet with apparent health issues and Twitter. The dog he and Anna Faris rehomed ended up abandoned and starving on the streets. That dog was originally adopted from a rescue that would have taken him back. It’s possible to rehome a pet in a responsible manner but that’s not what they did. They deserve every ounce of crap they get over how they treated those poor pets who were carelessly discarded. 

53 minutes ago, Dani said:

So can I but not when said rehoming involves an elderly pet with apparent health issues and Twitter. The dog he and Anna Faris rehomed ended up abandoned and starving on the streets. That dog was originally adopted from a rescue that would have taken him back. It’s possible to rehome a pet in a responsible manner but that’s not what they did. They deserve every ounce of crap they get over how they treated those poor pets who were carelessly discarded. 

I’m not saying that’s not horrible, but people who are fine with his poor treatment of women are appalled by his treatment of animals. As if women have less inherent value or are somehow deserving of poor treatment. I’m not okay with that mindset.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Dani said:

I read a couple of articles about the dog, and she never even called and told the rescue the dog was missing.   I find the fact that she claims she couldn't keep the dog because her son was allergic to be unbelievable, since they still had the two pugs.   

• Love 4

You'd think this would have happened before now.

Why? She has 5 competitive Tony awards. Arguably, the Academy Honorary Award (Oscar) does a better job of recognizing people who've been nominated for competitive awards and never won. Of course, it also reflects how terrible the Oscars has been at handing out awards. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

Why? She has 5 competitive Tony awards. Arguably, the Academy Honorary Award (Oscar) does a better job of recognizing people who've been nominated for competitive awards and never won. Of course, it also reflects how terrible the Oscars has been at handing out awards. 

Because she has 5 competitive Tony awards. It’s a lifetime achievement award and shouldn’t be about recognizing people who haven’t won.

She is tied the second most Tony awards and made her Broadway debut 65 years ago. Waiting until she is 96 seems like a bizarre choice. The other person with 5 wins got the lifetime achievement award 20 years ago. The actress with the most wins is only 51 so I could see her not getting the honor yet.

1 hour ago, Dani said:

She is tied the second most Tony awards and made her Broadway debut 65 years ago. Waiting until she is 96 seems like a bizarre choice.

Maybe she turned it down before.  I could see her thinking she had more to give to the theater world and didn't feel like capping it off quite yet (even though, of course, she could still work after getting it.)

• Love 2

It could be that she didn't want to accept this particular honor until now. Is she still acting? If she's stepping away from acting or has retired then I could see her being on board to accept this honor.

• Love 1

Hahahahahahahahaha.   NFTs are dumb.   He still has the Bored APe.   What he does NOT have is the token that says he owns it somewhere on the blockchain.   Just go draw another freaking Bored Ape.   Problem solved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Hahahahahahahahaha.   NFTs are dumb.   He still has the Bored APe.   What he does NOT have is the token that says he owns it somewhere on the blockchain.   Just go draw another freaking Bored Ape.   Problem solved.

It’s all just incredibly inane.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

But then he cannot sell any content he created using Bored Ape.  I do agree that NFTs are dumb.  I also think attempting to sell content created by "owning" a NFT is a boneheaded decision.  IP law has not advanced (and I suspect will never) to the point of making it crystal clear who has the right to sell content related to a NFT.  Why did Seth not get it in writing that he owned the rights to Bored Ape?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But then he cannot sell any content he created using Bored Ape.  I do agree that NFTs are dumb.  I also think attempting to sell content created by "owning" a NFT is a boneheaded decision.  IP law has not advanced (and I suspect will never) to the point of making it crystal clear who has the right to sell content related to a NFT.  Why did Seth not get it in writing that he owned the rights to Bored Ape?

Not if he draws another one.   Copyright only extends that PARTICULAR version.   So if he draws an Ape and calls it "Ennui Ape" and it has a different tie say -- then no problem.   

What the main problem as I have fallen down this rabbit hole appears to be is that the contract says whoever holds the token for the NFT holds the copyright.   Instead of, just the token being the right to possess the thing.    This was probably in reaction to the people who bought the NFT of the gutenberg bible thinking that gave them the rights to publish the gutenberg bible.    Or was it some Dune thing?    

Anyway, NFTs are dumb.   They only exist on the blockchain.   Once you have the tangible item it is not an NFT anymore.   So again, just draw another one.  

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

<raises hand> From reading the header before the actual article, I was thinking "Wait, what? Seth Green had an ape he says was bored and somebody stole it? What the hell?" 

Totally. I was thinking he was going to have a show with a monkey on it. I was honestly a little concerned that someone stole the monkey. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
44 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Totally. I was thinking he was going to have a show with a monkey on it. I was honestly a little concerned that someone stole the monkey. 

I thought at first glance it must be a toy monkey. Because he's made stop-motion-type animations with toys before...

Honestly, my respect for Seth Green just took a nose dive if he's dabbling with NFTs. 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Llywela said:

I thought at first glance it must be a toy monkey. Because he's made stop-motion-type animations with toys before...

Honestly, my respect for Seth Green just took a nose dive if he's dabbling with NFTs. 🙄

Same.  And yet, it has increased substantially from about 10 minutes ago when, upon reading the headline, I thought he kept an ape as a pet around the house.

Non-NFT participation > NFT participation > animal cruelty. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

Reading these posts about NFT makes me momentarily think I've forgotten English. That is how little sense it all makes to me. I read a sentence three times and I'm still all, nope, that's not a real sentence. It can't be. LOL

• LOL 10
  • Love 14

Count me as another one who thought it was a real monkey. I was envisioning something along the lines of Lady Gaga's dog being stolen and was wondering how Green knew who to ask for it back on social media without being able to retrieve a stolen animal. I'm in my early 30s and have never felt as old and confused about a news article as I felt when I started reading the article and realized it was about a stolen NFT. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9