Type keyword(s) to search

S09E01: Surviving Together

druzy
  • Start Topic

In the midst of Covid, Amber struggles with her long distance relationship with Dimitri when he becomes possessive. Maci puts her personal feelings aside when Bentley wants to go to therapy with Ryan.

Airs January 26, 2021

Creepy cast photo alert

image.png.d06e825afd9b0d88433f71de16845be0.png

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Holy shit! Who took this photo? 

Can't wait for Amber's meltdown over Gary offering her to live in a trailer since she thinks she too good for that. 

And maybe it is a good thing Bentley goes to therapy with Ryan. Maybe Bentley will tell him how his drug addiction has affected him.

• Love 9

Amber: Same shit, different season.  Girl, kick that Dimitri character to the curb.  I wish some man would attempt to control me from thousands of miles away.  And quite frankly, he looks as scary as he sounds.  As for Gary’s newfound role as her errand boy, Christina certainly is understanding about it.  Hats off to her if it’s okay with her, but the whole thing screams codependency to me.  This poor woman will never, ever change and her kids are better off not living with her.

Mackenzie: I still don’t care one bit about her except to say that Josh is doing some pro-level gaslighting.  Sure, Mackenzie is definitely not the perfect wife and these two are probably better off apart, but still.  Wow.

Cheyenne: Ditto for Cheyenne.  I’m still not entirely sure why she’s on this show.  I don’t see much drama at all.

Maci: Here’s Bentley, a bona fide preteen, being forced to navigate his deeply personal issues with his father on national television. Great job, Maci! 

Catelynn: I laughed my way through all of her scenes.  Oh, what a difficult decision, trying to decide whether to send their daughter to school!  As if, haha.  There was never a chance in hell that they were going to choose to keep her home and give up an opportunity to sit around at home all day, pontificating.  Cate must have mentioned having a chance to decide what she wants to do five times during this episode.  Newsflash: You’ve had plenty of chances (and copious amounts of money) to do that, Cate.  It’s the kids’ time now.  I can remember falling backward into bed at night, exhausted from being a mom and working all day.  Zero sympathy for Miss Catelynn.  Be a vet, be a beautician, adopt and then give away another animal, sit around for another year like a sloth on the couch . . . who the fuck cares?  She clearly doesn’t.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
I never remember anyone’s names!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Sadly enough, I follow McKenzie on Instagram and it looks like she and Josh are together  now.

I, too, wish Maci wouldn’t discuss  entley’s therapy with him on camera. Come on, the kid is almost 11. Get a clue!

The unkind part of me is glad to see in the preview for the coming episodes this season that Leah is starting to clap back at Amber.

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I, too, wish Maci wouldn’t discuss  entley’s therapy with him on camera. Come on, the kid is almost 11. Get a clue!

Is Maci pulling a Chelsea?  The whole story is her (ahem) “clothing line” and oldest child’s relationship w/Bad Baby Daddy?

zzzzzzz ala Vicki Gunvalson

3 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Lol at Catelynn saying “when will I have time to pursue my dreams?” What dreams? The ones of sitting on the couch scrolling Instagram? I know it’s a foreign concept to her but the first step of a dream is TRYING something. The vet thing didn’t happen because it sounded hard. The retail line didn’t happen because it was Tyler’s passion project. What happened to the makeup master class thing? What about the baby food thing? 

I feel like Kristina will always have a hard time firmly vocalizing her concerns. She laughs while joking about Amber being their teenage daughter but I sense that she actually thinks it’s inappropriate. 

I don’t care who Cheyenne dates. 

There is no ambiguity about Mackenzie’s marriage. Josh doesn’t want to be in it, so how can she “save” it? She was incredibly childish to hang up right after she didn’t receive the answer she wanted. She had no follow up questions? Like “will you be initiating the divorce?” or “where will you live”? Mackenzies sister looks like she’s 50 years old. Just get a fucking divorce already. I’m sick of seeing them miserable. 

• Love 10

I fast forward through Cheyenne and Mackenzie segments. 
I hate watch the rest.  The “Rhyne” family is still in deep denial. I forgot how much Rhyne used to look like his dad.  Now he looks older than him. 
Amber is so awful. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Quilty said:

What the hell is going on with all the crap on the counter at Maci's house? Stuff just piled all over!

I noticed that, too. That would drive me insane.

As long as this show continues, I'll watch... but, boy, there really isn't much going on.

I felt awful for Bentley when Maci asked if he thought therapy would help and he whispered "I don't know." 😥

• Love 4

This show is a trainwreck. These girls are women now. Behave like adults and do the right thing by your families and quit. I feel so sorry for the children, especially the older ones who are entering their tween years and have to have their parents lives on full display. My heart aches for Bentley who has so much to deal with...a selfish and cruel father who basically wants nothing to do with him. Even his grandparents are not in his life now...they seem to be supporting their lowlife mooching lazy ass son and are not reaching out to Bentley. They seem to have given over all their love and affection to the new babies. Bentley is being discarded like a worn out shoe. Ryan is possibly one of the most toxic and pathetic dads on this franchise. Blames everything on everyone else, takes no ownership of his behavior or things he does and says and treats everyone like crap. His parents are codependent enablers. This family is highly dysfunctional and they all need family therapy. Ryan is the end result of parents that never said no to him...they coddled him and allowed him to engage in disruptive and destructive behaviors...all the while crying over his nasty remarks and even nastier treatment of them. Somehow, HE is the victim and plays the victim card constantly. Taylor should formally adopt Bentley and they should move to Texas where he can be closer to grandparents that won't drop him like a hot potato in order to appease a brooding, immature, self centered slob of a son .

Amber...Gary and Christina placating Amber and making themselves "available" to her is wrong on so many levels. Christina needs to set some boundaries for Gary dealing with Amber. And he's so wrong...Amber has plenty of people that can help her...she has family in the area and friends. What Amber needs is a job! She has never worked a day in her life...ever. She justs sits on a couch with a blanket wrapped around her or is in bed. She's probably clinically depressed but if she had a purpose and a reason to get up everyday instead of just hanging out in her rented house, she might be able to move on and have an adult life. Gary makes me sick.

Cheyenne...she justs keep going back to old boyfriends. This guy didn't impress me the last time...he seems like a guy looking for celebrity. So of course she's having a baby with him. I predict this won't end well.

Cate and Tyler: I really don't like Tyler. He's always yelling at the baby and loudly voicing his dopey opinions. Cate is just disgusting. From her trashy t-shirts like the one she had on last night to her constant whining about what to do when she grows up. She has proven herself to be a lard ass so why even entertain any ideas about having a job that would require training, classes and actual work. Please.

Mackenzie: Ugh...her kids are going to be effed up.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Cheyenne...she justs keep going back to old boyfriends. This guy didn't impress me the last time...he seems like a guy looking for celebrity. So of course she's having a baby with him. I predict this won't end well.

This isn't the guy from last season (although she definitely has a type).  Cheyenne dated Zach as a teen, before MTV & Corey. Doesn't mean he isn't a famewhore, just not the same one from last season, who hoped to immediately move in with her.  

I said I wasn't going to watch this, and then...

The outside of Tyler/Cate's place looks rundown.  Never was a fan of the house, and it's now obvious they've done no exterior maintenance since moving in.  The cheap above ground pool right next it certainly doesn't help either.  I thought they had 10+ acres?

If anything, all these women should all use the Teen Mom money to invest in good, solid real estate...after paying their taxes, of course.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, snarts said:

This isn't the guy from last season (although she definitely has a type).  Cheyenne dated Zach as a teen, before MTV & Corey. Doesn't mean he isn't a famewhore, just not the same one from last season, who hoped to immediately move in with her.  

I said I wasn't going to watch this, and then...

The outside of Tyler/Cate's place looks rundown.  Never was a fan of the house, and it's now obvious they've done no exterior maintenance since moving in.  The cheap above ground pool right next it certainly doesn't help either.  I thought they had 10+ acres?

If anything, all these women should all use the Teen Mom money to invest in good, solid real estate...after paying their taxes, of course.

I remember Zach from her first season on Teen Mom. He was living with her, her sister and Ryder. He was annoying as hell and seemed to have nothing going on in his life. They had a fight at her mom's barbeque/pool party and she broke up with him. As I recall, he invited a bunch of his homeboys who Cheyene disliked and she was having none of it. After that ended she hooked up with Corey again and wanted to pursue a realtionship with him but he was already hooking up with his future baby mama so that ended that. Then she met Matt online and started "dating" him. There was zero chemistry between them and he moved out to LA to be with her but she never really warmed up to the idea of him being there full time. She broke up with him. Now she's back with Zach. Are we all caught up? LOL!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

All these stupid tshirts advertising crap....are these girls all billboards  ?

Dmitri is so creepy. We have all gained weight during covid but Amber gains weight in such odd places. It looks like her upper body and face get heavy.

McKenzie, its over.

Maci, shame on you for airing Bintley's personal issues on camera. I think there is probably some truth to Ryan's side of the story. Maci is vindictive and co-parenting with her would be an 18-y nightmare. 

Cate and Tyler are slobs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, snarts said:

OMG! That looked like a scene from Hillbilly Elegy! Just discarded trash and junk thrown everywhere and goats hopping all over the place. What a mess.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Maci shame on you!  Bentley doesn't want his life on tv!  Get something new to talk about!

Is Ryan on drugs again.  His eyes get big and round when he's using.

Mackenzie get off the phone and raise your kids!

Tyler clean up your property!

I guess we live with what we created by watching teen mom!

• Love 5

I’m sorry but Christina looks like she gained 30 pounds since last season. 
and Catelynn with the “it’s my time” stuff, omg! I don’t understand  they want more kids???

• Love 4

I'm no longer monitoring weekly viewership, but the first episode of the season is always interesting because MTV hypes the Hell out of it for weeks.  TM2 hovered around 500K - 600K viewers per episode all season, except for the premier, which was over 800K.

TMOG's season premier this week was a measly 687K, which does not bode well for the rest of the season.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-1-26-2021.html

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I'm no longer monitoring weekly viewership, but the first episode of the season is always interesting because MTV hypes the Hell out of it for weeks.  TM2 hovered around 500K - 600K viewers per episode all season, except for the premier, which was over 800K.

TMOG's season premier this week was a measly 687K, which does not bode well for the rest of the season.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-1-26-2021.html

I enjoy the data you share, @Snarky McSnarky - thanks for doing it when you can!

• Love 4
On 1/26/2021 at 6:27 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Amber: Same shit, different season.  Girl, kick that Dimitri character to the curb.  I wish some man would attempt to control me from thousands of miles away.  And quite frankly, he looks as scary as he sounds.  As for Gary’s newfound role as her errand boy, Christina certainly is understanding about it.  Hats off to her if it’s okay with her, but the whole thing screams codependency to me.  This poor woman will never, ever change and her kids are better off not living with her.

Mackenzie: I still don’t care one bit about her except to say that Josh is doing some pro-level gaslighting.  Sure, Mackenzie is definitely not the perfect wife and these two are probably better off apart, but still.  Wow.

Cheyenne: Ditto for Cheyenne.  I’m still not entirely sure why she’s on this show.  I don’t see much drama at all.

Maci: Here’s Bentley, a bona fide preteen, being forced to navigate his deeply personal issues with his father on national television. Great job, Maci! 

Catelynn: I laughed my way through all of her scenes.  Oh, what a difficult decision, trying to decide whether to send their daughter to school!  As if, haha.  There was never a chance in hell that they were going to choose to keep her home and give up an opportunity to sit around at home all day, pontificating.  Cate must have mentioned having a chance to decide what she wants to do five times during this episode.  Newsflash: You’ve had plenty of chances (and copious amounts of money) to do that, Cate.  It’s the kids’ time now.  I can remember falling backward into bed at night, exhausted from being a mom and working all day.  Zero sympathy for Miss Catelynn.  Be a vet, be a beautician, adopt and then give away another animal, sit around for another year like a sloth on the couch . . . who the fuck cares?  She clearly doesn’t.

I just can’t with Cait anymore either. She had tons of opportunity to do whatever she wanted after Carley. She wanted to be a wife and mother and focused pretty damn hard on making that happen. So actually be a wife and mother already.

• Love 11
On 1/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, SilverLake0315 said:

I felt awful for Bentley when Maci asked if he thought therapy would help and he whispered "I don't know." 😥

It is really messed up what Maci puts him through.

On 1/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

This show is a trainwreck. These girls are women now. Behave like adults and do the right thing by your families and quit. I feel so sorry for the children, especially the older ones who are entering their tween years and have to have their parents lives on full display. My heart aches for Bentley who has so much to deal with...a selfish and cruel father who basically wants nothing to do with him. Even his grandparents are not in his life now...they seem to be supporting their lowlife mooching lazy ass son and are not reaching out to Bentley. They seem to have given over all their love and affection to the new babies. Bentley is being discarded like a worn out shoe. Ryan is possibly one of the most toxic and pathetic dads on this franchise. Blames everything on everyone else, takes no ownership of his behavior or things he does and says and treats everyone like crap. His parents are codependent enablers. This family is highly dysfunctional and they all need family therapy. Ryan is the end result of parents that never said no to him...they coddled him and allowed him to engage in disruptive and destructive behaviors...all the while crying over his nasty remarks and even nastier treatment of them. Somehow, HE is the victim and plays the victim card constantly. Taylor should formally adopt Bentley and they should move to Texas where he can be closer to grandparents that won't drop him like a hot potato in order to appease a brooding, immature, self centered slob of a son .

I am 100% sure Jen and Larry love Bentley and would love to see him.  Larry goes to his games.  There is no WAY they dropped him like a hot potato.  They do coddle Ryan and make some excuses, but show me parents of an addict who don't make mistakes along the way.  Some people have trouble with tough love, I do not fault them for that.  But Maci is WRONG for the way she handles all of this.  

When she was telling Taylor that Bentley never asks to see Ryan, it did not ring true to me - that kid loves his dad.  Then, when she was asking Bentley about therapy - Bentley himself said, "then I will be able to see him more?"  So, of course, Maci is full of crap.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 9
On 1/26/2021 at 11:24 AM, Marisagf said:

That photo looks like a composite.  I'm sure COVID prevented them from getting together for a photo shoot.

But even individually, each of them looks weird.  I wonder if they have the same photographer who took the big pictures of Jesus in clouds you see hanging on people's walls.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:03 AM, MaggieG said:

Tyler is still manic and talking over everyone. 

He was manic even when he was saying he's too dim to help with online schooling.  Why does he act like that??

On 1/28/2021 at 7:03 AM, MaggieG said:

Ryder is still the cutest. 

I watched maybe 1/3 of the show--just couldn't be interested in the rest.  I think I may be ready to break up entirely. 

I've never figured out who anybody around Cheyenne is, but I have laughed at the preview where Ryder is eating a french fry and Cheyenne tells he not to dip it in the milk just as she does it, and Cheyenne pauses and then asks, "Is it good?"  That's pretty much all of this show I need.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

He was manic even when he was saying he's too dim to help with online schooling.  Why does he act like that??

I've never figured out who anybody around Cheyenne is, but I have laughed at the preview where Ryder is eating a french fry and Cheyenne tells he not to dip it in the milk just as she does it, and Cheyenne pauses and then asks, "Is it good?"  That's pretty much all of this show I need.

I think Ty-ty *really* likes attention

Chey might be the best mom of the OGs.  Maci’s not terrible, but I’m disgusted how she’s using poor “Benny” for her storyline.  Go make some pants or something!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I am 100% sure Jen and Larry love Bentley and would love to see him.  Larry goes to his games.  There is no WAY they dropped him like a hot potato.  They do coddle Ryan and make some excuses, but show me parents of an addict who don't make mistakes along the way.  Some people have trouble with tough love, I do not fault them for that.  But Maci is WRONG for the way she handles all of this.  

When she was telling Taylor that Bentley never asks to see Ryan, it did not ring true to me - that kid loves his dad.  Then, when she was asking Bentley about therapy - Bentley himself said, "then I will be able to see him more?"  So, of course, Maci is full of crap.  

Of course Jen and Larry love Bentley but not seeing him for extended periods could make a kid feel like they don't care. So Larry goes to Bentley's games but where the hell is his daddy?  I'm sorry, I don't think it's Maci's fault that Jen and Larry don't have him over to their house or do stuff with him...and it's not Maci's fault that Ryan is a man child that blames everyone else for his addiction issues, bad parenting and lack of responsibility. That whole family blames Maci for everything that is wrong with Ryan and their relationships with Bentley. Good grief...enabling a grown man with three children who just sits around the house complaining and whining about how badly he gets treated is just pathetic. They all have co-dependency issues. It's a hot mess.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 10
On 1/27/2021 at 1:26 AM, alotmorestupider said:

Lol at Catelynn saying “when will I have time to pursue my dreams?” What dreams? The ones of sitting on the couch scrolling Instagram? I know it’s a foreign concept to her but the first step of a dream is TRYING something. The vet thing didn’t happen because it sounded hard. The retail line didn’t happen because it was Tyler’s passion project. What happened to the makeup master class thing? What about the baby food thing? 

I feel like Kristina will always have a hard time firmly vocalizing her concerns. She laughs while joking about Amber being their teenage daughter but I sense that she actually thinks it’s inappropriate. 

I don’t care who Cheyenne dates. 

There is no ambiguity about Mackenzie’s marriage. Josh doesn’t want to be in it, so how can she “save” it? She was incredibly childish to hang up right after she didn’t receive the answer she wanted. She had no follow up questions? Like “will you be initiating the divorce?” or “where will you live”? Mackenzies sister looks like she’s 50 years old. Just get a fucking divorce already. I’m sick of seeing them miserable. 

Oh yeah the baby food thing I forgot about that one...🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Bentley's uncomfortable with the way Ryan treats him. We've seen it ourselves, most notably last season at the golf course. He belittles & makes fun of him, more like an asshole big brother than a father. He either told his mom or she saw herself.  In any case, she is doing what she can to protect her son. Explaining to Jen & Larry that Bentley is uncomfortable and suggesting therapy is the right thing to do.  Unfortunately, they have a huge blind spot when it comes to Ryan and apparently always will.  It's easier for them to blame Maci than it is acknowledge and address Ryan's issues.

I feel Maci has been consistent all along in allowing Jen & Larry time with Bentley. However, they in turn consistently try to include Ryan in those visits when it's clear he resents it and has no interest. Bentley's now old enough to express his opinion about it.  I don't blame him nor do I blame Maci for trying to honor his wishes. 

It's similar to the situation Chelsea & Aubree have with Adam.  You can't force someone to be a father. The kids are older, they'd rather spend time with their friends or activities and they're articulate enough to express their discomfort. Yet, it's the mother who gets blamed for it. 

Edited by snarts
golf not gold
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, snarts said:

Bentley's uncomfortable with the way Ryan treats him. We've seen it ourselves, most notably last season at the golf course. He belittles & makes fun of him, more like an asshole big brother than a father. He either told his mom or she saw herself.  In any case, she is doing what she can to protect her son. Explaining to Jen & Larry that Bentley is uncomfortable and suggesting therapy is the right thing to do.  Unfortunately, they have a huge blind spot when it comes to Ryan and apparently always will.  It's easier for them to blame Maci than it is acknowledge and address Ryan's issues.

I feel Maci has been consistent all along in allowing Jen & Larry time with Bentley. However, they in turn consistently try to include Ryan in those visits when it's clear he resents it and has no interest. Bentley's now old enough to express his opinion about it.  I don't blame him nor do I blame Maci for trying to honor his wishes. 

It's similar to the situation Chelsea & Aubree have with Adam.  You can't force someone to be a father. The kids are older, they'd rather spend time with their friends or activities and they're articulate enough to express their discomfort. Yet, it's the mother who gets blamed for it. 

Well said and totally on point.

• Love 4

Waaaaay back in the day (like TM season 2 or 3) I theorized that Larry and Jen enabled Ryan because they were afraid he wouldn’t show any interest in Bentley unless they did EVERYTHING for him. I’ve always thought Jen was terrified that if Ryan had to do anything hard he’d just tell Maci he didn’t care about seeing Bentley anymore. They strike me as people who value family and having a son who wasn’t bonded to his own son must have been hard to accept. I think it’s easier to create a myth about how hard Maci makes it than really and truly accept that Ryan can’t be bothered to perform even the simplest of parenting tasks. I do think Maci makes things hard, but I don’t think that’s why Ryan doesn’t spend much time with Bentley. I think that unless his mom or wife is there to do it for him, he can’t be bothered.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 14
On 1/29/2021 at 9:04 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Of course Jen and Larry love Bentley but not seeing him for extended periods could make a kid feel like they don't care. So Larry goes to Bentley's games but where the hell is his daddy?  I'm sorry, I don't think it's Maci's fault that Jen and Larry don't have him over to their house or do stuff with him...and it's not Maci's fault that Ryan is a man child that blames everyone else for his addiction issues, bad parenting and lack of responsibility. That whole family blames Maci for everything that is wrong with Ryan and their relationships with Bentley. Good grief...enabling a grown man with three children who just sits around the house complaining and whining about how badly he gets treated is just pathetic. They all have co-dependency issues. It's a hot mess.

Yeah, Maci's not the greatest, and I wouldn't want to coparent with her either, but to pretend she's Ryan's actual problem is ridiculous. Jen and Larry (mostly Larry) let Ryan go on and on about how EVERYTHING is Maci's fault, and it's the height of coddling codependency.

I actually don't even understand why Maci and Chelsea let the parents of their deadbeat exes have so much involvement and say in Bentley's and Aubree's lives. Nurturing grandparent relationships can be a good thing, but 11 years on, it's just led to these enabling coddlers having waaayyyy too much control over their families' lives and schedules. I get they were young moms when it all started, and still trying to make it work with their baby daddies, but I wonder if they look back and regret that part.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

Yeah, Maci's not the greatest, and I wouldn't want to coparent with her either, but to pretend she's Ryan's actual problem is ridiculous. Jen and Larry (mostly Larry) let Ryan go on and on about how EVERYTHING is Maci's fault, and it's the height of coddling codependency.

I actually don't even understand why Maci and Chelsea let the parents of their deadbeat exes have so much involvement and say in Bentley's and Aubree's lives. Nurturing grandparent relationships can be a good thing, but 11 years on, it's just led to these enabling coddlers having waaayyyy too much control over their families' lives and schedules. I get they were young moms when it all started, and still trying to make it work with their baby daddies, but I wonder if they look back and regret that part.

Yep.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Waaaaay back in the day (like TM season 2 or 3) I theorized that Larry and Jen enabled Ryan because they were afraid he wouldn’t show any interest in Bentley unless they did EVERYTHING for him. I’ve always thought Jen was terrified that if Ryan had to do anything hard he’d just tell Maci he didn’t care about seeing Bentley anymore. They strike me as people who value family and having a son who wasn’t bonded to his own son must have been hard to accept. I think it’s easier to create a myth about how hard Maci makes it than really and truly accept that Ryan can’t be bothered to perform even the simplest of parenting tasks. I do think Maci makes things hard, but I don’t think that’s why Ryan doesn’t spend much time with Bentley. I think that unless his mom or wife is there to do it for him, he can’t be bothered.

Absolutely.  Ryan has never been interesting Bentley.  Take a look at the episodes when Bentley was a newborn and Maci begged Ryan to help her.  Never.  He just left.

The only person Ryan is interested in is Ryan.

Ryan will never be anything or do anything until Jen and Larry cut him loose!  They baby and enable him til I want to vomit!!!!

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I don't think Gary realizes that all of the support he is giving Amber will not keep Leah from figuring out she has a useless mother.

I honestly don’t think that’s why he does it. My guess is that he’s trying to make the best out of a shitty situation for Leah. Leah’s no dummy, she knows Amber’s a crappy mother.

• Love 6

Just came here to laugh at Cait saying how can she find her own dreams when she has to homeschool Nova.  

The Teen Mom 2 girls show so much more growth than these girls.  Why is that?  Did they get too spoiled with book, clothing, make-up line deals?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, heatherchandler said:

I think she does it to show off her parenting skills. So she can come across as "understanding" on TV and then she tells him how proud she is of him and does the fist bump or whatever. Mother and son - just so close. Gag. I'm the mom to two teenage boys. They would have been MORTIFIED in junior high to live that out in front of the world.

Maybe I'm crazy. But I'd rather work for a living than put my kids through that to enjoy a higher standard of living. These kids are learning the value of work from NONE of these people. All of their "jobs" or "businesses" are vanity projects. To her credit, I think Brianna from TM2 has been the only one with a regular FT job.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 10
On 2/1/2021 at 11:20 AM, MargeGunderson said:

I honestly don’t think that’s why he does it. My guess is that he’s trying to make the best out of a shitty situation for Leah. Leah’s no dummy, she knows Amber’s a crappy mother.

I think he's doing it primarily to keep himself and Kristina on every episode.  Otherwise, their role would be nothing more than Leah's pick ups and drop offs, sort of like Javi on TM2.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:I think he's doing it primarily to keep himself and Kristina on every episode.  Otherwise, their role would be nothing more than Leah's pick ups and drop offs, sort of like Javi on TM2.

I think you’re right, plus without that, would Amber even be on the show anymore, considering she doesn’t have primary custody of either of her kids? Gary, Kristina, and Leah’s participation is the only reason Amber is employed. I don’t think Gary wants to be “responsible” for taking away Amber’s only income (not that I think he would be responsible, but that’s certainly how it would be spun by Amber). 

• Love 3

Gary is really so much more than I ever expected from anybody on the show!  He seems to understand the value of money and feathering his nest if the show ends.

Hes doing a good job fathering Leah and making up for  Ambers lack of interest.  Kristina seems a good wife and step mother person.

I was looking at Garys property.  He takes such good care of everything especially compared to Tyler's dump property where nobody cares.s

on top of that he's a tv reality star who never works!

nice work if you can get it!

• Love 6