Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: The Giving Peach

• Start Topic

Cynthia grapples with the decision of whether to invite her father to the wedding, knowing that her mother will disapprove. Kandi organizes a food drive to help provide groceries to local families in need. Porsha feels uncomfortable with the news that Dennis may be in attendance at Cynthia’s wedding. In the aftermath of Ralph’s father’s passing, Drew is even more determined to fight for her marriage. Kenya decides it’s time for the group to take a much needed break.

Airdate 01.17.2021

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Cynthia’s daughter has a lot more sense than Cynthia does.  And, honestly, how many big weddings does she need?  Tonight had just the right amount of Drew and Ralph.  Very little.

• LOL 7
  • Love 13

Oh my God. That blonde wig. This is the worse one by far. Drew's wigs are becoming more snatchable by the moment.

Cynthia's father was at her last wedding so why would his attendance at this one be of any consequence to her mother? Fake storyline.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

How is it that Noelle didn’t get either of her parents’ height? I’m always surprised by how much shorter she is than Cynthia. This episode was a huge nothing burger. Although kudos to Kandi for her event. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Kenya is such a miserable bitch. I say it every time but she’s just always got some bitchy comment.

Drew is so unnecessary on this show. Maybe she isn’t the worst but Ralph is just not someone I care to ever watch.

Falynn and Marlo should have peaches.

Cynthias dad seems like a douche. I agree with Noelle about the whole situation.

• Love 10

Kandi's food drive was awesome! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 I was waay too emotionally invested in those fresh produce bags. When people are food insecure, fresh produce is the first thing to go. I was all what!? No cabbages? Where are the tomatoes? Mmm.... all those cucumbers. They can make cucumber salad! The whole thing was nicely done. The different stations, all the ladies in the cute t-shirts, & Kandi made sure to feed them, too. How many families did she feed? 300-400? My girl Marlo came through w/ her $5,000 check. Where is her peach, Jesus!?

I completely tuned out Drew. If she wants to stay w/ that jerk... by all means. But I'm sick of hearing about it.

8 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Cynthia's father was at her last wedding so why would his attendance at this one be of any consequence to her mother? Fake storyline.

Oh, I didn't remember that. That does put a different perspective on things. I was hanging on Cynthia's mom's every word. She opened up, but it seemed like she really had a lot more to say. It's sad she faced backlash for the domestic violence PSA. Just because ole dude is all saved now doesn't mean he didn't beat her ass back in the day. I believe her. Cynthia's sister is my hero. Finally, finally!!! Somebody keeping their nose & mouth covered on this show!

• Love 16

I find the clear face masks they wear distracting.  Why don't they just wear one over their mouth?  I am guessing these women don't want their faces covered up and/or mess up their makeup and lipstick.  I'll be happy once most people are vaccinated so the masks can go away.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Kandi's food drive was awesome! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 I was waay too emotionally invested in those fresh produce bags. When people are food insecure, fresh produce is the first thing to go. I was all what!? No cabbages? Where are the tomatoes? Mmm.... all those cucumbers. They can make cucumber salad! The whole thing was nicely done. The different stations, all the ladies in the cute t-shirts, & Kandi made sure to feed them, too. How many families did she feed? 300-400? My girl Marlo came through w/ her $5,000 check. Where is her peach, Jesus!?

I completely tuned out Drew. If she wants to stay w/ that jerk... by all means. But I'm sick of hearing about it.

Oh, I didn't remember that. That does put a different perspective on things. I was hanging on Cynthia's mom's every word. She opened up, but it seemed like she really had a lot more to say. It's sad she faced backlash for the domestic violence PSA. Just because ole dude is all saved now doesn't mean he didn't beat her ass back in the day. I believe her. Cynthia's sister is my hero. Finally, finally!!! Somebody keeping their nose & mouth covered on this show!

This episode showed the clip of the father and brother walking Cynthia down the aisle. I don't know if Cynthia is making different claims about knowledge of the abuse but in the end she wants her dad to attend. The only thing the PSA changed for the mother was to rile up a bunch of gossiping old biddies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

When did Noelle leave school?  Last I remember she was in school somewhere around Washington D.C.  

She left after the first semester when she realized that she actually had to do school work, be responsible for her own laundry and cleaning and could not lay around all day.  She had no idea how lucky she was, no student loan, no part time job.

Now she is a social media influencer which strikes me funny that she can influence anyone to buy anything with her flat affectation.  

Dollars to donuts that Cynthia pays the rent on that LA apartment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I find the clear face masks they wear distracting.  Why don't they just wear one over their mouth?  I am guessing these women don't want their faces covered up and/or mess up their makeup and lipstick.  I'll be happy once most people are vaccinated so the masks can go away.

But in the meantime, the careless people will still go on living an actual life and not taking others into account.

Until everyone is vaccinated, I am extremely limited in my interactions with people I don’t know.

I am in a woman’s service organization in Metro Atlanta where COVID is running crazy. Our annual banquet last week was the first time I have shown up in person since COVID Hit. We had a club member who “gets anxiety from wearing masks” says she’ll wear a face shield. She walks in holding said face shield not wearing it. The face shield didn’t even cover her nose.

We have a board meeting on Wednesday and 70% of the women decided we should meet in person. The majority of these women are in their 60s and 70s. I’m 56 and one of the younger ones, but probably the most high risk.

I don’t understand this mentality since one of our club members died Saturday night from COVID. She was extremely reckless and yet these women are being cavalier. 

I am so sorry for my complete digression but I really hate self-centered clueless people.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

So Porsha and Marlo both gave 5 thousand.  And Ken is so jealous of Porsha.  Wonder how much she gave.  Tired of her shitting on everything .

On a recent episode of Bravo's "Chat Room" Porsha said Kenya didn't donate anything to the grocery giveaway. (If you haven't seen it, "Chat Room" is like a Zoom call w/ Porsha, Gizelle from RHoP, Kate Chastain from "Below Deck," & another lady. It's alright. Porsha makes the show.) Kinda shady that she didn't donate but is sponsoring a trip. I thought I saw a glimpse on Kandi's face. Talking about Porsha showing up for her photo op--- um, Porsha donated her $5,000, Ken!

Rewatching. Still obsessed w/ those beautiful fresh produce bags, lol! Soo many working poor live in food deserts, & end up w/ obesity & other dietary related health problems due to a lack of fresh fruit & veg. Kandi fed 549 families. Wow. 

What was up w/ that one lady criticizing Kandi for going after past due child support!? Even after Kandi explained the situation, she was still rolling her eyes & saying Kandi wouldn't be awarded the money because she is too well off financially. Girl, bye! Also, $92,000 over 10 years = ~$766 per month. Very little for someone w/ "millions" who hasn't done anything else for his child. If she had even the most rudimentary relationship w/ her father, I don't know that Riley would have pursued legal action. Perfect that Kandi will put anything she is awarded in a trust for Riley.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

So Porsha and Marlo both gave 5 thousand.  And Ken is so jealous of Porsha.  Wonder how much she gave.  Tired of her shitting on everything .

Kenya is such a miserable person. I wouldn't be mad if she exited again next season. She can take her bi-curious buddy Toya along with her as well.

Good on Porsha and Marlo for donating, but I find it tacky when donation amounts are mentioned. It turns into a game of one-upmanship.

Drew's presence is unnecessary. I don't dislike her, but I also don't care for her segments with that shitty husband of hers. The less of them the better. She's separated from the rest of the cast, so it doesn't even make sense that she got a peach.

I hope this storyline with Cynthia inviting her father to her wedding is fake. He was there at her first wedding, so why not this one? I completely understand why Barbara doesn't want to see him, but it's not as if they didn't co-exist in the same room during Cynthia's wedding to Peter, so... 

Also, was Barbara implying that Cynthia wasn't forthcoming about what the PSA was about? If so, I don't blame Cynthia for being offended by that.

• Love 10

Am I the only one who thinks that Cynthia doesn't know what PSA stands for?  Even when trying to explain it to her mother (who was confused about it, and I don't hate her for it) Cynthia kept saying PSA - If you're trying to tell someone what some thing is wouldn't you just say "Mother, you did a Public Service Announcement"  Gavel banged, case closed.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

My dislike for Cynthia grows a little more with each episode.

She's a nice lady, but she's in full Bridezilla at the moment. I've seen it happen many times in real life. They come back to their normal selves afterwards. 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 1/18/2021 at 9:11 AM, gaPeach said:

The clear masks are more efficient protection than porous masks. You're right, they're more distracting!

In our area, only first responders are getting vaccinated right now, but public vaxx will be available shortly. I'm not sure getting vaccinated will change mask requirements until just about everybody is vaccinated.

Edited by renatae

I love Kandi, but I'm sure she couldn't have done that drive without a whole lot of other people who also cared. Did she say most of the housewives didn't contribute? Sad, if so.

I loved all those bags and fresh produce bags all lined up. So cute and colorful. It makes everything even more of a treat. Well done!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

But in the meantime, the careless people will still go on living an actual life and not taking others into account.

Until everyone is vaccinated, I am extremely limited in my interactions with people I don’t know.

I am in a woman’s service organization in Metro Atlanta where COVID is running crazy. Our annual banquet last week was the first time I have shown up in person since COVID Hit. We had a club member who “gets anxiety from wearing masks” says she’ll wear a face shield. She walks in holding said face shield not wearing it. The face shield didn’t even cover her nose.

We have a board meeting on Wednesday and 70% of the women decided we should meet in person. The majority of these women are in their 60s and 70s. I’m 56 and one of the younger ones, but probably the most high risk.

I don’t understand this mentality since one of our club members died Saturday night from COVID. She was extremely reckless and yet these women are being cavalier. 

I am so sorry for my complete digression but I really hate self-centered clueless people.

And I'm so tired of people, even employees in medical offices, wearing their masks like chin straps. I can't figure out why they think their noses aren't a source of infection! I guess it's the emphasis on coughing but really, people!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 1/17/2021 at 8:22 PM, nexxie said:

Anyone know why Drew got a peach instead of Marlo, Lauren and/or Tanya? 

I like Marlo but I think she screwed herself out of that Peach years ago, Marlo made some cruel comments against Kim and Sheree that they better be aware of her arrest records,  ( don't mess with me ) supposedly she's been arrested several times, she also got into an altercation in a club with a young woman over a man and sliced up her opponents face with a razor blade and some years later the victim committed suicide by jumping from a bridge leaving a young son behind. , I believe that turned Bravo off. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I found the whole exchange with Noel, Cynthia, and her mom weird.  I understood what Noel was saying, but I didn't understand why she didn't say exactly that in the car.  She knew Cynthia was going to talk about this and didn't say anything ahead of time. So it struck me as odd that Noel was essentially telling Cynthia to have her mom's back, while completely not having her own mother's back.  She's young, no biggie, but no matter if I were right or wrong, I would have been a little hurt if I were Cynthia.  And Mom was trying to say...she didn't know anyone was going to see the things she said...on camera?  I was legit confused.  Even if you don't understand what a PSA is, you do understand cameras and that your daughter is on a reality show, right??  And I'd say 99% of people who saw that footage saw it on RHoA, not as a stand alone PSA, so what's her point even?  I honestly couldn't figure that out.  And, I didn't like the way she looked so smug while Noel was handing it to Cynthia.

The clear masks are more efficient protection than porous masks. You're right, they're more distracting!

I think that's backwards, but I'm not an expert so I'll just link someone who is: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html  What I'm seeing is that while they are not as effective as face mask, they are a good alternative for groups like deaf communities where being able to see someone's face becomes a far more important factor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 1/19/2021 at 8:05 AM, Mr. Miner said:

My dislike for Cynthia grows a little more with each episode.

I still like Cynthia (just not the Bridezilla version) but after all these years I honestly never realized what a dumb dumb she is.  Nice, beautiful but not so bright.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
On 1/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, renatae said:

In our area, only first responders are getting vaccinated right now, but public vaxx will be available shortly. I'm not sure getting vaccinated will change mask requirements until just about everybody is vaccinated.

Can you cite a source because that seems opposite of other information I have.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, byrd said:

I like Marlo but I think she screwed herself out of that Peach years ago, Marlo made some cruel comments against Kim and Sheree that they better be aware of her arrest records,  ( don't mess with me ) supposedly she's been arrested several times, she also got into an altercation in a club with a young woman over a man and sliced up her opponents face with a razor blade and some years later the victim committed suicide by jumping from a bridge leaving a young son behind. , I believe that turned Bravo off. 

"Check my charges, bitch!" is something that pops into my head every single time any of the ladies have a conflict with Marlo...

• LOL 2
On 1/18/2021 at 7:31 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Dollars to donuts that Cynthia pays the rent on that LA apartment.

It sounded like Cynthia is paying it, but is trying to transition part or all to Noelle. When Noelle pointed out that she had to go back to LA because she had rent to pay, Cynthia jumped back quickly "Yes, you do". I took from that either she had already transitioned from being the bank of Noelle, or she was trying hard to do so.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2021 at 9:50 PM, Stats Queen said:

Can you cite a source because that seems opposite of other information I have.

Well, mea culpa! I should have researched this more! I'm seeing the best use of shields is in tandem with masks. Which is rather distressing, because many of the employees in medical offices I've frequented (sigh, yes, a lot) wear face shields without masks. Of course, I also find several of them wearing masks as a chin strap covering only their mouths. 🙄

I'm happy to say that when I was in the hospital yesterday as a cardiac cath patient, ALL the personnel were wearing face masks. No N 95's, though.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, renatae said:

Well, mea culpa! I should have researched this more! I'm seeing the best use of shields is in tandem with masks. Which is rather distressing, because many of the employees in medical offices I've frequented (sigh, yes, a lot) wear face shields without masks. Of course, I also find several of them wearing masks as a chin strap covering only their mouths. 🙄

I'm happy to say that when I was in the hospital yesterday as a cardiac cath patient, ALL the personnel were wearing face masks. No N 95's, though.

That is awful and disturbing.
My doctors all wear N95 masks. All dental professionals at my dentist wear masks and face shields.

I hope you are doing okay.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

That is awful and disturbing.
My doctors all wear N95 masks. All dental professionals at my dentist wear masks and face shields.

I hope you are doing okay.

Thank you! I am recovering well. I do need surgery, but I already knew that. I also broke a tooth at the beginning of the month and one of the dentists came in with only a shield and she took it off while she was still speaking to me!

I hope you are doing well after your distressing exposure!

On 1/22/2021 at 8:43 PM, renatae said:

Thank you! I am recovering well. I do need surgery, but I already knew that. I also broke a tooth at the beginning of the month and one of the dentists came in with only a shield and she took it off while she was still speaking to me!

I hope you are doing well after your distressing exposure!

I haven't been to my dentist since the pandemic but when they reopened, one of the assistants texted a photo to me and they all looked like space cadets, covered from head to toe.  It was funny and comforting.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, politichick said:

I haven't been to my dentist since the pandemic but when they reopened, one of the assistants texted a photo to me and they all looked like space cadets, covered from head to toe.  It was funny and comforting.

If they are covered like that, I encourage you to go ❤️ If you can.

• Love 2