Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, LilyD said:

At first I thought “What? No way! There’s absolutely no way that Madeline M is able to step up and carry a podcast. She’s a train wreck as a spokesperson.”  And then I realised there’s another Madeline M... 🤭 so I take it you meant Madeline Molloy here?

Maddie.... well, when I think about her, I just cannot get past all those awkward moments in MTT where she had to speak up. Most notably the scene where the four group leaders had to give feedback about their team members. She looked so nervous, nothing like a leader, and when Brennan was discussed, Kash took over and just blew her out of the window!

I legit had the same thought, Maddie carried the podcast good Lord what a snoozefest but then realized it was Madeline M... please make Maddie retire she lost her charm to me years ago with all the fawning TPTB give her such a turn off... and ps: i'm sure she's a lovely, level headed young lady but its time...

• Love 4
On 4/29/2021 at 10:01 PM, Kamal said:

image.thumb.png.337e4020be21da2629fd308d5cfc57f5.png

What did you guys think of this ranking I made from the recent poll? 

I'm pretty happy my girl Chandi ranked pretty high but can't believe Amber ranked pretty low. I also didn't notice Daphne was the least impressive girl in her rookie year until I made this ranking.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Don't get me wrong. She looks fantastic! And I am all for celebrating. But lately I've been fixated on these shorter than short shorts-again. Happens to me every few years or so.  I get that it's iconic. Yes entertainment. Yes talented dancers. But I'm wrestling again with what they're selling the drunk football guy in the stands. Anyone think these shorts should be just a touch longer in 2021? Feel free to help me make sense of this.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.29.57 PM.png

The same thing happened to Hannah. I think sometimes they’re just so concerned about making everyone’s look exactly the same that they’re not concerned about how it will fit the individual. “Custom-designed for each body” my half-hanging-out ass.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, filishtay said:

I think it’s cause Taylor’s tall is why the shorts appear shorter on her. On one picture of Melissa W. I had to take a double glance because they appeared longer on her but she’s short. The shorts will be super short on everyone regardless of height. I feel like asking for the shorts to be longer so they’re not in favor of what they’re “selling” (a word I don’t like in this context) to the drunk football guy in the stands would take us back from 2021 to 1950. The shorts are fine for a uniform.

IMO there's a happy medium between 1950 and ass hanging out. At least they are wearing tights, but still. An inch longer wouldn't = "frumpy."

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Kamal said:

What did you guys think of this ranking I made from the recent poll? 

I'm pretty happy my girl Chandi ranked pretty high but can't believe Amber ranked pretty low. I also didn't notice Daphne was the least impressive girl in her rookie year until I made this ranking.

Based on what I've seen on this board, I can understand Amber being ranked low, though she's one of my favorites! It seems like a lot of people forget her, just because she hasn't been featured much at all despite being an amazing dancer. She's a little like Kinzie to me, who is probably my favorite of all time - beautiful, fantastic dancer, SG for most/all of her tenure, 2GL, but near invisible on the show. She got a bit of coverage her rookie year, but there were so many new girls that year and so many dramatic storylines with Victoria, Dayton, Malena, etc. that she didn't stand out too much on the show unless you really paid attention to her dancing.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Raffthelaugh said:

I loved watching Bridget- did she say why she retired? I tried searching the threads but didn’t see anything. I think as a second year, she would’ve been a far better choice than Maddie for 2nd point (am I allowed to say that? I know everyone loves her). 
I think Amber is fabulous and one of the best girls on the team I just don’t know that I ever see her being a ‘point-girl’. Maybe it’s because I’m newer to the show and the threads and don't quite understand the politics of it all but I feel the same way about Gina. As amazing as they are, I just don’t see them being the best person for that role. I should add that I would be thrilled to be wrong of course 

A.  You are allowed to say it even if no one agrees.

B.  I don't love her.  There are about 25 DCCs I would have put at point before her.

12 hours ago, Raffthelaugh said:

I loved watching Bridget- did she say why she retired? I tried searching the threads but didn’t see anything. I think as a second year, she would’ve been a far better choice than Maddie for 2nd point (am I allowed to say that? I know everyone loves her). 
I think Amber is fabulous and one of the best girls on the team I just don’t know that I ever see her being a ‘point-girl’. Maybe it’s because I’m newer to the show and the threads and don't quite understand the politics of it all but I feel the same way about Gina. As amazing as they are, I just don’t see them being the best person for that role. I should add that I would be thrilled to be wrong of course 

Me again.  There was one performance last year with Amber at point.  She was amazing.  AMAZING.  Someone said she was too short for point?  I don't get that.  Jenna would have been point if she hadn't blown it and she was a shortie.  Big Amber fan here.......

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Opine said:

I don't love her.  There are about 25 DCCs I would have put at point before her.

Bridget? Whew, I thought I was alone there 😁

• Love 1
On 4/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Now watch K and J put VK as center just to spite us. But then again Cassie was never the center girl in the squad photo. 

I can totally see that happening. I'm still expecting a manual override for VOTY. But also, Cassie was never less than third row as a rookie/2nd year and was in the center floor formation 3rd, 4th and 5th. I've always lobbied that Sunni was one of their best liked/well rounded cheerleaders and they had her stashed in the back her first two years and finally gave her a semi-prominent spot her third/final year.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, LilyD said:

At first I thought “What? No way! There’s absolutely no way that Madeline M is able to step up and carry a podcast. She’s a train wreck as a spokesperson.”  And then I realised there’s another Madeline M... 🤭 so I take it you meant Madeline Molloy here?

Maddie.... well, when I think about her, I just cannot get past all those awkward moments in MTT where she had to speak up. Most notably the scene where the four group leaders had to give feedback about their team members. She looked so nervous, nothing like a leader, and when Brennan was discussed, Kash took over and just blew her out of the window!

Yes! I mean Madeline Molloy! Haha she was on the podcast with Lexie and Kelli Finglass. They talked about their shoot in Bimini. I’ve never listened to a podcast with Maddie Massingill so I don’t know about her speaking skills. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

IMO there's a happy medium between 1950 and ass hanging out. At least they are wearing tights, but still. An inch longer wouldn't = "frumpy."

You didn’t get my point with the 1950 comment. Whoever made the comment about the shorts selling to the drunk football guy was talking about what can be done to the women’s shorts work around men’s lust is what would take us back to 1950 where men’s thoughts are considered a factor in how women dress. Having women wear shorts longer so men won’t lust is just as wrong as having them wear shorts shorter so men can lust. An inch longer will still be too short for some. Look at all the shorts in the world there will always be someone with a complaint about them. 

2 hours ago, Opine said:

Me again.  There was one performance last year with Amber at point.  She was amazing.  AMAZING.  Someone said she was too short for point?  I don't get that.  Jenna would have been point if she hadn't blown it and she was a shortie.  Big Amber fan here.......

1. This is what I love (and hate sometimes) about opinions, everyone has their own.

2. Like I don’t care for Bridget, Amanda, Hannah, and Amber like many people, but Madeline Molloy is one of my personal favorites but I feel as if no one likes her or they feel indifferent.

3. Someone may have asked this before because the Jenna point situation has been talked so much, but do you guys think Jenna even stayed for a 6th year just cause she was hoping to be able to maximize her point position as she couldn’t the year before with Jennifer Amburn mostly having point? The 2016 season, Jenna had point for like one game and I did the research. Some people wouldn’t even consider Jenna point that season. I felt bad for Jenna cause after five years under my belt, I would’ve just left the team if I lost point, but also having invested 5 years and so much to this team, would anyone wanna leave on a bad note? 

• Love 5

Well that's life. Lol we have people we like and don't like, even if other people think differently. 

I think someone has said before that they might have encouraged Jenna to try out for a 6th year because a lot of really good dancers retired that year. She was also one of their top girls. Maybe they felt she could be convinced. Don't quote me on it! Lol

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Opine said:

I didn’t mean it to neg Amber! I think she’s amazing. I don’t see it so much as a height thing. Just from what I’ve seen in terms of being a leader with your performance. I tried googling the performance but can’t find it. Any chance you know when it was? I’d love to see it- totally open to having my mind changed and eating crow (:

58 minutes ago, filishtay said:

You didn’t get my point with the 1950 comment. Whoever made the comment about the shorts selling to the drunk football guy was talking about what can be done to the women’s shorts work around men’s lust is what would take us back to 1950 where men’s thoughts are considered a factor in how women dress. Having women wear shorts longer so men won’t lust is just as wrong as having them wear shorts shorter so men can lust. An inch longer will still be too short for some. Look at all the shorts in the world there will always be someone with a complaint about them. 

I wasn't suggesting that women should conform in order to reduce the lust of men. I was suggesting the reverse. The hot pants movement of the past was born with a direct goal. Use women to lure men to games. And lets pay these women next to nothing. The intention was to exploit. So I do question why in 2021 we are still operating from that business model. We can chant female empowerment and celebrate the body - all we want but those cheerleaders are still there for a very viable economic and potentially exploitive reason. Now if they were paid more and they used a variety of costumes to enhance their dance/craft, I suppose I would think differently. And hey, maybe they love having the shortest of short shorts and if that's the case fine. To me though -every few years - I pause. And I think  it just all looks a little bit much when we know what the true intention was from the start. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Raffthelaugh said:

I didn’t mean it to neg Amber! I think she’s amazing. I don’t see it so much as a height thing. Just from what I’ve seen in terms of being a leader with your performance. I tried googling the performance but can’t find it. Any chance you know when it was? I’d love to see it- totally open to having my mind changed and eating crow (:

@Bytor will remember!  I know they were wearing those football uniform things with the hoods?

Amber led the football costume themed dance the way that Holly P did the same (or similar) before. And she did totally kill it!  Is that what you’re talking about? 

Thankfully she has it posted on her Instagram Bc I never would have found it on YouTube. I feel like I’ve seen another version where she was better than this one, but I’m not willing to dive into the archives 😂

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Z6W68Bwca/?igshid=f6lnz4vhfjb7

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I wasn't suggesting that women should conform in order to reduce the lust of men. I was suggesting the reverse. The hot pants movement of the past was born with a direct goal. Use women to lure men to games. And lets pay these women next to nothing. The intention was to exploit. So I do question why in 2021 we are still operating from that business model. We can chant female empowerment and celebrate the body - all we want but those cheerleaders are still there for a very viable economic and potentially exploitive reason. Now if they were paid more and they used a variety of costumes to enhance their dance/craft, I suppose I would think differently. And hey, maybe they love having the shortest of short shorts and if that's the case fine. To me though -every few years - I pause. And I think  it just all looks a little bit much when we know what the true intention was from the start. 

Okay I understand. I definitely don’t agree with the origins and first purpose of the hot pants, but they really don’t cause problems now unless people create them. The shorts will be fine left alone. I feel as if men would still come to football games regardless of cheerleaders or not like there’s a reason they still watch from home. I understand questioning still doing things that come from problematic origins, but wearing hot pants or short shorts as long as you’re okay with it is completely fine. The girls who try out for DCC know what they’re getting into, so they probably don’t mind the uniform 

Edited by filishtay
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Amber is point for "show groups first performance" aired 10/18/2019 

Highlight. not sure if you all can access this link or not

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/a9sfj6/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-show-group-s-first-performance

Thank you!  That's it!  (Thanks to all of you that posted it.)  Bridgette was awesome on her point piece, too.  I also was impressed by Rachel W and Lexi.  I liked the curly girls - Amanda and Maddie offsetting each other.

Edited by Opine
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, filishtay said:

1. This is what I love (and hate sometimes) about opinions, everyone has their own.

2. Like I don’t care for Bridget, Amanda, Hannah, and Amber like many people, but Madeline Molloy is one of my personal favorites but I feel as if no one likes her or they feel indifferent.

3. Someone may have asked this before because the Jenna point situation has been talked so much, but do you guys think Jenna even stayed for a 6th year just cause she was hoping to be able to maximize her point position as she couldn’t the year before with Jennifer Amburn mostly having point? The 2016 season, Jenna had point for like one game and I did the research. Some people wouldn’t even consider Jenna point that season. I felt bad for Jenna cause after five years under my belt, I would’ve just left the team if I lost point, but also having invested 5 years and so much to this team, would anyone wanna leave on a bad note? 

I love Madeline. But I love them all! Do you think she will be back next season? I feel like I have liked all the DCC since they moved past season 12 (Yes, I even like VK, Maddie, Alora-Rose, love 'em). I only feel a touch indifferent to the rookies, since season 15 was so different.

My take on Jenna is that she was really young when she made the team and wasn't ready for adult life after DCC. She called Holly "really young" when she was in hot water, but she was also talking about herself. When professional athletes retire young, they find themselves lost after working their entire life for one goal. That was Jenna  - quitting during her 6th year would have been the harder path. She would have been a great point too, at least for a season or two. Jennifer was a beautiful dancer, but something didn't quite fit right with her as point. I would have taken Jenna any day over Jennifer.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I love Madeline. But I love them all! Do you think she will be back next season? I feel like I have liked all the DCC since they moved past season 12 (Yes, I even like VK, Maddie, Alora-Rose, love 'em). I only feel a touch indifferent to the rookies, since season 15 was so different.

My take on Jenna is that she was really young when she made the team and wasn't ready for adult life after DCC. She called Holly "really young" when she was in hot water, but she was also talking about herself. When professional athletes retire young, they find themselves lost after working their entire life for one goal. That was Jenna  - quitting during her 6th year would have been the harder path. She would have been a great point too, at least for a season or two. Jennifer was a beautiful dancer, but something didn't quite fit right with her as point. I would have taken Jenna any day over Jennifer.

I wanna say Madeline Molloy will come back just cause all of the girls must feel as if they’ve been robbed of a normal season, any other year, I don’t see her going past three years which is how many years most girls do.

Yeah quitting during her 6th year or any year in the middle of training camp is not a path most girls will take cause just coming back to training camp itself is a commitment to being on the team made by veterans. I don’t know if Jenna was in school while DCC so the girls who come to DCC with college degrees are already experiencing adult life. She probably felt a lil salty her fifth year by being point for like only one game and with Jennifer retiring she thought she’d get it more but… Even if she was in college, 5 years is enough time to get a degree so I don’t know if she was just stuck on where to go after DCC in adult life. Jennifer Amburn had the leadership for point but I don’t think power even tho I know she’s been on SG her entire tenure. 

• Love 1

Guys this is the Madeline Molloy podcast episode I was talking about. Kelli talks for a good third of it which I didn’t like cause we always hear Kelli talk. Even tho she’s soooo irrelevant Courtney McKenna, the DCC podcast host, always annoys me like who are you and what are you doing here? Haha here it is

• Love 2

watching the podcast with Lexie and Madeline they both do so well.  Their friendship shines through and they are eloquent and sincere.  Rachel A did so well on the boots in the bubble during training camp.  It baffles me that they have cheerleaders that are much more eloquent speakers and they keep going back to Maddie and then Amy the year before.  Jenn A and Kashara did well speaking even off the cuff but not all points have that ability.   Speaking on a podcast and in public is a skill set and just as they try or should  put a good dancer with pop as point they should be, they should use those that can speak for the podcasts and news clips.  One of my favs Kelsey Bond was used more for speaking her last years.   She was on show group and in the diamond her last year but never a group leader.  However, Kelsey could talk especially when Mia was the point who may be beautiful but sounds like a child.  Meredith Oden is another one who could speak better than most of her teammates and they used her.  

• Love 8

I’m sorry I don’t know how to post a pic but are we assuming by Kritstin’s post that she’s returning for another season? 

‘Can’t wait to see the cowboys beat the saints this  season’ 

https://www.instagram.com/p/COVVg8xBd5W/?igshid=1raowpcqd0kfu

I’m actually quite shocked she would want to return after how her solo was treated last year and I hope she’s not opening herself up for a training camp cut to cause drama for the show 🙈

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Emchammy said:

I’m sorry I don’t know how to post a pic but are we assuming by Kritstin’s post that she’s returning for another season? 

I’m actually quite shocked she would want to return after how her solo was treated last year and I hope she’s not opening herself up for a training camp cut to cause drama for the show 🙈

She could still be retiring just not moving with him 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Emchammy said:

I read that like she is retiring? A "short time" doesn't seem like an entire year, which would be her commitment to DCC. As a veteran and having her solo cut a certain way and trashed by Charlotte and Kelli - she took the high road, and finished her season on top. That took courage and grace. I would like to see her back for one more year, but at this point, there is nothing left to prove> TPTB won't stop picking on certain veterans for their TV show. I will be pleasantly surprised if she gives it one more go.

• Love 3

She says "Can’t wait to see the Cowboys beat the Saints this season."

This sounds like she's planning to cheer the team for another year.

25 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I read that like she is retiring? A "short time" doesn't seem like an entire year, which would be her commitment to DCC. As a veteran and having her solo cut a certain way and trashed by Charlotte and Kelli - she took the high road, and finished her season on top. That took courage and grace. I would like to see her back for one more year, but at this point, there is nothing left to prove> TPTB won't stop picking on certain veterans for their TV show. I will be pleasantly surprised if she gives it one more go.

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

She could still be retiring just not moving with him 

It’s just the comment about watching the cowboys beat the saints this year that made me think she was auditioning. 

It’s definitely mixed messages with her saying ‘short time’ but then about the Saints. 

I do hope she auditions but I also hope she’s not cut for the drama because she’s a great DCC. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Kamal said:

She says "Can’t wait to see the Cowboys beat the Saints this season."

This sounds like she's planning to cheer the team for another year.

Not to stir the pot, but the Cowboys play the Saints this year in NOLA 😁 

That said, he could be a Saints fan and she a Cowboys fan so jusy some general smack talking. Plus since the DCC don’t travel for games, that would be a perfect weekend to visit her fiancée if they’re doing long distance for a bit. 

• Love 7
(edited)
21 hours ago, StellaCL said:

My take on Jenna is that she was really young when she made the team and wasn't ready for adult life after DCC.

Maybe the wrong topic to post it but since the question was posted here....

I fully agree, she was a child in every aspect during her first year, especially when compared to more mature DCC's. I liked her from day 1, but I doubt she ever gave her future outside DCC much consideration. She lived and breathed DCC and may have believed that her future was somehow tied up with the Cowboys (whether as a footballer's wife, an All Star or within the DCC itself) I don't base this on facts or hearsay, just a gut feeling.

Morgan Simianer (from Cheer) reminded me of Jenna's situation when she opted for an extra year at Navarro, despite it being a 2-year program. She said she wasn't ready to let go and had nothing lined up if I remember correctly. Sounds a lot like Jenna...

Edited by LilyD
addition about topic
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

The worst part of this video is the zoom-in on washed-up T.K. dancing in the stands. Just stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.

Every time I see her dancing along, I just realize how outdated these dances actually are.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It’s banquet night!!!

Maybe this means we'll finally get some retirement announcements! We'll also get ROTY and VOTY - thoughts on who will win?

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Maybe this means we'll finally get some retirement announcements! We'll also get ROTY and VOTY - thoughts on who will win?

ROTY - Claire or Armani. Maybe Jada?

VOTY - Tess? Lexie? Someone close to retirement I think. Maybe the Savannah “leak” a few weeks ago was true LOL. 

Retirements - Tess, Lexie, Savannah, Alanna, Briana, Ashlee, Jalyn

27 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

My guesses for ROTY are Claire, Dani, or Elli. No real idea for VOTY - I’ll throw out Daphne for no good reason. I am not a Caroline fan so would be okay if it weren’t her but she seems loved by the girls so maybe.

25 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if she was one of the ones upset with K&J regarding the bubble, plus she was roomies with Heather and Bridget who both seemed over the DCC by the time they retired.  But it's hard to tell.  She is one of my faves, so I hope she stays, but on the other hand - RUN!!!!

I'm betting she was also a little disappointed she didn't get a leadership position. She's a fourth year, super powerful dancer, SG the last two years, and seems very mature and well-liked, but didn't even get 2GL.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

The little plaques look like place holders cause Erin had one too.

The big frame thing Rachel got no one else has posted them 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1