Type keyword(s) to search

B&B : In the Media!

• Start Topic

In fairness, when Grace was mad at Carter, she looked appropriately mad. KA flutters about, looking pouty, JMW just has perma-RBF, TK should’ve recused himself for the travesty he put on-screen this year, none of them portray mad, or, any emotion, really, as well as Grace’s portrayer, in my opinion. If someone from B&B wins, it should be Douglas, but she’s 2nd. How can DD & KB not be nominated for the RoboBill & Sheila storyline? Who chooses the actual nominees? Absolute travesty. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I've been watching GH and wondering, with Ned thinking he's Eddie Maine, if they were going to grab Rena to play Lois again. I'm glad to see they did. I feared them having Lesli Kay playing her again instead.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Well, B&B's loss is GH's gain on that score.

On 9/14/2023 at 1:03 PM, KerleyQ said:

Lesli Kay

And talk about B&B fumbles! My God, they revived Felicia from the dead almost solely due to her popularity, had Kay win what was once a very rare acting aware for this show, only to have her and Thorne whine about Mommy and Daddy's marriage two years later.

Just ugh.

• Like 2

Once they wrote him into a corner with the Flo nonsense, then she left, Wyatt lost most of his purpose. The saddest part (besides a father of 2 small children being fired), is that Liam is only tolerable in scenes with Wyatt. I’ll genuinely miss the scenes of the Spencer men, & I’d rather spork my eyes out than watch Liam scenes most days.

• Like 10
On 10/23/2023 at 11:41 AM, nkotb said:

Once they wrote him into a corner with the Flo nonsense, then she left, Wyatt lost most of his purpose.

Yeah. One of the things that made Wyatt stand out was his devotion to the women he was with ad being a true partner that supported them. Even if TIIC didn't speedrun her forced redemption down everyone's throat and was generally a better person, having Wyatt pull a Liam turned him into as much of a slag as his brother and ruined the one thing I did like about the guy.

As for Liam, SC seems like a decent enough guy, but if they aren't gonna be rid of the character, they can at least give him something new to do. Like....anything besides whine and moan to anyone who will give him the time of day (which includes Thomas now apparently *sigh*)

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

.anything besides whine and moan to anyone who will give him the time of day (which includes Thomas now apparently *sigh*)

It's like without Wyatt, they still need someone for Liam to talk to who will lay some truth on him, so they just gave Thomas the Wyatt role in that conversation, listening to him whine and then getting in some sarcastic digs. They could have just dragged Bill out of mothballs so he could play that role, though. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

I know we all detest Liam, most of us, anyway, but this clip is funny. SC is by far the funniest, with Donna as a close second, in my opinion; it’s the actors suggesting how to dress up as the character they play, for Halloween. Maybe SC can pull some rank & fix that sinking Liam ship. I think he could be salvageable. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cyy2SMpsHkx/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

If Liam could be more like Scott, I could learn to like him.

Love Annika's shorter hair. 

• Like 4

I was watching a new comedy movie called Old Dads (Netflix). Guess who  popped up as the young girlfriend of a middle-aged guy: Reign Edwards, formerly B&B's Nicole Avant.

And while I was marveling over what a great wig Reign had on, guess who popped up next: Katrina Bowden, formerly Wyatt Spencer's girlfriend Flo Logan.

It was like a small B&B reunion, lol.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I do feel bad for those actresses playing two of the most maligned, hated characters in B&B canon (albeit somewhat intentionally for Nicole, at least at first). I've heard people say Edwards' acting has improved considerably after leaving B&B.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/19/2023 at 9:36 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I was watching a new comedy movie called Old Dads (Netflix). Guess who  popped up as the young girlfriend of a middle-aged guy: Reign Edwards, formerly B&B's Nicole Avant.

Reign was also in The Wilds (Prime Video), a series that had me on the edge of my seat throughout. She played the older, driven sister, and did a really good job. 

• Useful 1

Getting rid of Taylor with her children in stories on canvas is stupid.  Let's fire a fan favourite and Emmy nominee.

Did she make others threatened because she actually had chemistry with TK? 

• Like 9

I didn't think she had chemistry with TK, but I put that on him, because she had chemistry with everyone on the canvas but him. The only people TK has had chemistry with are DD, JMW (you could have had an inappropriate chemistry faceoff between Ridge/Steffy and Taylor/Thomas), and the actress who played Caroline (until the show decided they were bored with that pairing). I could have been all in on Taylor with Bill, Deacon, or Brooke. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Getting rid of Taylor with her children in stories on canvas is stupid.  Let's fire a fan favourite and Emmy nominee.

Did she make others threatened because she actually had chemistry with TK? 

I had little use for Taylor but she managed to step into the shoes to replace a rather beloved actress in a role with many dedicated fan and cultivate a fanbase on par w the one Tylo had and it's nothing short of bizarre that Bell would just let that go.

Bizarre but not at all surprising.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I had little use for Taylor but she managed to step into the shoes to replace a rather beloved actress in a role with many dedicated fan and cultivate a fanbase on par w the one Tylo had and it's nothing short of bizarre that Bell would just let that go.

Truth. We've seen it happen time and time again, with both characters and whole story lines. But why can't they be bothered to give a decent exit story?

• Like 3

As an unapologetic Sheila fan, I could have gone for some more back and forth story between Taylor and Sheila. Taylor thinks she can reach the psychopath, Sheila cons Taylor, for a while anyway. There could've been more meaty fun there. 

And in all seriousness, wouldn't it be fun to see Taylor "die" yet again. ;)

• Like 1

The show is awfully consistent at writing Taylor out in the worst possible ways. It's either fake deaths where she stays away from her children for years or she just randomly disappears one night in her nightgown. 

What even was her last scene this time?  

• Like 3

I was never a fan of the new actress playing Taylor. Of course, I wasn’t a fan of HT in her last sad iteration- bad face lift and fake crying. I won’t miss this character or either actress. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 12/16/2023 at 7:30 AM, Lilac2000 said:

JMW  and Thorsten Kaye won lead actor daytime Emmys...I have thoughts but cannot express them eloquently so will just leave it there.

They are two of the worst actors on the show.  What kind of blackmail material does Jackie Wood have over the Daytime Emmy voters that has enabled her to win THREE times?!  Will Katherine Kelly Lang ever win?  I personally would have given the award to Sharon Case this year.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
On 12/16/2023 at 7:31 PM, Anna Yolei said:

It's typical Bradley Bell.  I get that it's his show but often times it seems lhe is like a petulant child, it's almost like if the actor looks at him wrong one day, they are dead to him and suddenly he stops writing for them.  It happened with Flo and Wyatt who just mysteriously disappeared (Flo several years ago, Wyatt a few months ago) with zero explanation. 

This has happened time and time again on this show.  Characters just disappear overnight.  Then suddenly one day they pop up again with zero explanation, as if they have always been in town, just offscreen.  This has happened with Felicia several times.  She had this huge cancer storyline, she had a frontburner pairing with Prick, then she just disappeared.  The next time we see her at some holiday/family gathering it's years later and nobody asks her where she has been.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:53 AM, SweePea59 said:

As an unapologetic Sheila fan, I could have gone for some more back and forth story between Taylor and Sheila. Taylor thinks she can reach the psychopath, Sheila cons Taylor, for a while anyway. There could've been more meaty fun there. 

And in all seriousness, wouldn't it be fun to see Taylor "die" yet again. ;)

The actress who played Taylor had a lot of potential, so strange but not surprising that she is gone.  I agree that I would have enjoyed another round of Sheila vs. Taylor, and they could have written her out with yet another death.  Then resurrect her again later when they need her.  Instead, just gone.  I guess there's little room on the B&B canvas for anything except mostly Liam / Hope / Finn / Steffy.

• Love 1
On 12/18/2023 at 8:43 AM, blackwing said:

It's typical Bradley Bell.  I get that it's his show but often times it seems lhe is like a petulant child, it's almost like if the actor looks at him wrong one day, they are dead to him and suddenly he stops writing for them.  It happened with Flo and Wyatt who just mysteriously disappeared (Flo several years ago, Wyatt a few months ago) with zero explanation. 

It reminds me much of when my brother and I would get a new video cassette (back when those things were expensive as hell, especially the Disney ones!) and we'd play the damn movie for weeks until we get bored and never look at the movie again.

Easily, the biggest stand out example of this was Nick Marone, a guy whose presence ate up the show for years to the point that even his own fans grew sick of him, whose actor was allowed to get whole storylines scrapped because of his vanity and for who Schae Harrison, who'd been on the show as Darla for 15 years, was reportedly let go to pay for his salary.

And yet when Crap Wagner demanded more money than Bell was willing to pay? Poof, gone. No exit story, no goodbye to Brooke or even Donna, who he had just started a thing with a few months (or possibly even weeks!) earlier. I was discussing this recently on Reddit about how much story telling real estate Nick was given, only to never be referenced or discussed ever again, save for his brief appearance in the 35th anniversary special.

Edit: now that I think of it, while Jack Wagner wasn't wrong that the show had run outta things (and Logans) for him to do, I suspect the reason he was cut loose was because they had a new heel for the Forresters in Bill Jr, who was cheaper to pay for and who fans at the time hadn't gotten burned out over. But it's astonishing that they made up no story about him feeling the sea calling to him and going back to sailing or whatever to explain his absence.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 2