Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: The Cost Of Love

• Start Topic

The sneak peek it up and the Americans are insufferable as usual.

Jenny - ugh

Brittany - ugh

Ari's mom - codependent

Deavan's mom - the judgement just oozes out of her bleached blonde head.  Not everybody has to live in gigantic mcmansions to be happy.

They need to realize that they/their kids are NOT In the USA, so fucking deal or leave.   

Everybody looks bad in HD, except Brittany's friend Angela.  BTW Brittany looks better without all that crap covering her face, but it still doesn't make up for her personality, or lack of it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I didn't find the talk with the translator to be all that helpful. Brittany and Yazan aren't exactly being truthful to each other. He doesn't want a modern American wife - he wants the traditional wife and Brittany is not it. She also hasn't really come clean about the divorce. Is the marriage registry person in Jordan not going to notice the actual day that the divorce was granted? She has lied to Yazan and has been playing games. Not the best place to do so.

Ariela dad left a few days ago to go back to work and now it is mom and Ari? Mom, your daughter chose this. She had a vacation type fling and now shares a baby with this foreign man that she barely knows, doesn't really trust, and doesn't like that he cut his hair. Her dreamy dude turned in to just a regular dude. He lives in a third world country, he makes very little money, and what he can afford is what she gets. At least until she can maybe do some online work to bring in some money and help out. Maybe then they can move out of the not so great home. This is where she hangs her hat now.

Deaven, why can't you help clean up that small apartment? I doubt that Jihoon makes all of the mess every day. Just something else to yell at him about. I can understand why he is terrified of your mother. Now he has her dad or stepdad to deal with. The 'hamh' box was funny. Who knew that there was a 'ham' tradition for Korean weddings?

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ariela dad left a few days ago to go back to work and now it is mom and Ari? Mom, your daughter chose this.

Interesting that no one got upset that Ari's dad had to leave to go to work.  Why get upset when Bini had to go to work?

Ari's mom screams CO-DEPENDENT.  If she's not careful she'll be taking care of Avi, plus future children that Ari might have with different foreign and "exotic" men.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Interesting that no one got upset that Ari's dad had to leave to go to work.  Why get upset when Bini had to go to work?

Ari's mom screams CO-DEPENDENT.  If she's not careful she'll be taking care of Avi, plus future children that Ari might have with different foreign and "exotic" men.

I agree that doctor Dad left and that is okay but Dancer Bini needs to hustle to earn a few is behavior unbecoming.

I think Ari's mom needs to talk to Deavon's mom:  Both daughters are going to have, how shall a say this, a variety of grandkids.  And I don't care, but man.....get things in line before popping out kids!

So this is Deavan and Jihoon's THIRD wedding ceremony?  "We need to get things lines up before WE GET MARRIED"   Lady, you are ALREADY MARRIED!!

I have had two weddings and I am 55.  Married the first guy ONCE and ditto for the second.  

• Love 7

There is a huge difference between "fool" and "appease".  Obaida said, "I don't want Brittany converting just to 'fool' us." The translator used the word "appease" instead.  I don't think that Obaida trusts Brittany.

During Avi's baptism, all I could think about was the temperature of the water.  It was probably ice cold.  It was nice to see Ari smiling for a change. I wonder if it's traditional for all the babies to be given Emperor Haile Selassie's last name when they are baptized in the Orthodox church.  

If I were a betting woman, I would bet that Jenny/Sumit and Tim/Melyza are no longer together.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Finally got my moneys worth tonight from Sumit parents. Quite the last scene with the four of them. Family Sumit blew up on them, 200% looked real. Not having any of this-want to take him home. They let loose with a couple of good ones like "you're turning old and gray because she's old". "Her kids are older than you". J and S are both looking a bit more on the worn out side.

Guess thats the consequence of beginning a relationship on lies.

And Jenny let it slip they have been playing around with this relationship for EIGHT years. 

So much good stuff going on, verbal, visual, and subtitles. Had to watch 3 times.

Those scenes were gold, Jerry, gold! The worst blow was "This is all you could find?". Sorry not sorry for Jenny or Sumit. It's the "sunk cost fallacy" all over again. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

Last show before the finale. Yay. Time for snarking on others.

Deaven and Jihoon: Both of you live in that nice apartment. Both of you can clean it. It was probably Drascilla. At least mom liked the place. Why you are having another 'wedding' is beyond me. What a waste of money. You are already married. Too soon to be renewing the vows. Would like more of an explanation of the hamh box and why it didn't come up for the other weddings. Elecia remains unpleasant. Her daughter rushed in to marriage with the baby daddy and doesn't really know him and probably doesn't really even like him, much less love him.

Ari and Bini: Ari, your mom is preparing and suggesting an exit plan for you. However, you are almost 30 years old and an adult and can make your own choices and deal with the consequences of them. You had a vacation type fling, got knocked up and now are tied to the baby daddy - not like you actually know him, but it is what it is. You chose to move to Ethiopia. This is what happens. Too bad you didn't like the baptism. You may need to talk with the baby daddy about pressure from him and his family to do what they want you to do. Sucks for you, but this is reality. Nothing stopping you from also teaching Avi some of the Jewish traditions as that is part of his heritage. This is something you need to talk to with Bini. With Easter also comes Passover, with Christmas comes Hanukkah. You don't need to fully celebrate everything but make your son aware of the rites and holidays.

Cheezy and Melyza: Fromage can only stay so long in Colombia and he doesn't seem super-rich. His employer also cannot give him extensive time off. The relationship is probably over and unless there is a one last ditch try, move on. Both of you will continue to go in to the jealousy and infidelity spin cycle.

Brittany and Yazan: Another relationship that will most likely not work out. The translator was there to translate. He has no idea who either of them are, what they see in each other, what they want from this relationship. No idea if anyone is being truthful. Obaida did seem wise, but most was lost on Brittany. She's too vapid, too self-absorbed to really do much of anything. Too bad Yazan's life is at stake in terms of his decisions regarding her. Go back home, apologize to Yazan and his family.

Jenny and Sumit: Finally! You either accept your parents' law - well, you are over the age of 30 so maybe you can stand up for yourself and make your own choices. Sure, you may be excommunicated by them and have zero relationship, but that is sometimes the choice you need to make. Be miserable and not marry Jenny or anyone your parents disapprove. They can threaten, manipulate, whatever to get their own way. If you want the old lady, fight for her, and walk away. Otherwise, stay with your parents and accept the loss. Maybe eventually you will find a more suitable wife. The whole deal has been going on for 8 years? Have the fling, have the affair, and go back to your tradition and dysfunction. Parents win, you lose. Jenny is old enough to know better and this is what the culture is. Maybe if he lived in the UK things may be different. It is easier to avoid the parents when they are an 11 hour flight away.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

There is a huge difference between "fool" and "appease".  Obaida said, "I don't want Brittany converting just to 'fool' us." The translator used the word "appease" instead.  I don't think that Obaida trusts Brittany.

It's functionally the same thing. Muslims view Islam as something that has to come from inside you. It's illegal to force someone to convert for that very reason, and becoming a Muslim just to gain acceptance is considered worse than not converting at all.

1 hour ago, Barbara Please said:

Not sure why  Unibrow was upset that Cheesedick had to go back home. He'd have to return home as his visa would expire and he doesn't have employment there. Another TLC fake moment.

side note: I find Obaida very attractive.

If Cheesestick had really wanted to work things out, he would have told her before buying a plane ticket. Telling her after he's purchased a (likely non-refundable) ticket makes the whole thing a fait accompli.

Obaida reminded me of Frank Zappa for some reason.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Father Sumit asking his son if Jenny was the best he could get, was such a scorching burn that I felt it. “Parents law is greater than all other laws.” Would that this was so.

I thought that was one of the most evil things I've heard on this show, as if Sumit is some kind of prize.  

Like I said, if Jenny was wealthy, Sumit's parents would be happier than pigs in shit.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I’m not sure now much of the parental disapproval of Jenny and Sumit is cultural.  Plenty of American parents would be embarrassed if their 30~year-old son wanted to marry a 60-year-old woman.  Sumit’s mother says things like people will talk and we have to keep our eyes down.  That is the same shame reaction parents might have anywhere if they are invested in what their peers think. The difference is that in India parents have more power due to the culture, and Sumit’s parents have chosen to exercise it on this issue.  But it’s all about their personal embarrassment, not about the culture.  They are not objecting to her religion or race, they are objecting to her age.

• Love 22

I really liked Deaven's wedding dress-so much more elegant and flattering than what I see on SYTTD.  However, I really dislike all this angst about their 97th wedding...that ship has sailed.

I think Brittany realized that she could no longer play her game of trying to become a social media influencer once she was told that Yahzan's family might kill him.  I really think her tears were for herself and not for Yahzan.

Totally fast-forwarded Cheesestick and his ex-girlfriend (who could not summon any effort to appear sad about his leaving).  I have no idea why they were even on this season as nothing ever happened in their story.

Sumit and Jenny totally see themselves as the greatest love story never told.  I agree with others that if they do marry that Sumit will very quickly realize that it was the drama he loved, not Jenny.  I also observed that they were furnishing their home very nicely-huge AC unit, living room furniture, etc.  So, they are totally living off of the TLC paychecks which go much farther in India than in the U.S.  Jenny is totally about the deception-she lied to his parents when she first stayed with them and then she encouraged Sumit's brother and SIL to lie to his parents.  I'm so glad they did not go along with that.  Gee Jenny, you're confused about why Sumit's parents are not accepting of you when YOU started that relationship with a huge lie?

Ari's mother with her "there are three against one (referencing Ari alone in Ethiopia with Bini and his family)" doesn't make the connection to three against one when it's Ari and mom and dad against Bini?  And, if Ari did move back to the U.S, Bini would have absolutely NO say whatsoever.  I also cringed when mom told Ari that if she never felt that happy feeling to come home.  You know what?  Life isn't always happy but that doesn't mean one should immediately run away.  It also supports Ari's view that she should always get her own way.  I did like seeing the baptism and celebrations and thought Ari looked nice in the traditional clothing.

• Love 17

I can't thank TLC enough for my early holiday gift...

A nice long scene with Brother Yazan, over whom I've been drooling since his first scene this season.  😜

Unfortunately, I think my stroke-addled brain went into overdrive and shut down, because I couldn't focus on the rest of the episode after that and didn't even make it to the end.  

Apparently, I missed some glorious shit with Family Sumbitch, so I need to watch the episode again soon.

(I'll just make sure I pick up *after* the scene with Brother Yazan so I can focus this time around.)

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Sumit and Jenny totally see themselves as the greatest love story never told.  I agree with others that if they do marry that Sumit will very quickly realize that it was the drama he loved, not Jenny.  I also observed that they were furnishing their home very nicely-huge AC unit, living room furniture, etc.  So, they are totally living off of the TLC paychecks which go much farther in India than in the U.S.  Jenny is totally about the deception-she lied to his parents when she first stayed with them and then she encouraged Sumit's brother and SIL to lie to his parents.  I'm so glad they did not go along with that.  Gee Jenny, you're confused about why Sumit's parents are not accepting of you when YOU started that relationship with a huge lie?

Ari's mother with her "there are three against one (referencing Ari alone in Ethiopia with Bini and his family)" doesn't make the connection to three against one when it's Ari and mom and dad against Bini?  And, if Ari did move back to the U.S, Bini would have absolutely NO say whatsoever.  I also cringed when mom told Ari that if she never felt that happy feeling to come home.  You know what?  Life isn't always happy but that doesn't mean one should immediately run away.  It also supports Ari's view that she should always get her own way.  I did like seeing the baptism and celebrations and thought Ari looked nice in the traditional clothing.

Thinking about it some more, I'm now of the opinion that Sumit is only doing this to spite his parents. He's resentful of their control over his life and so is deliberately marrying the most objectionable person (a poor old American they personally hate) he can find. They're used to having control, as evidenced by their attitude when they first sat down: his father said something like "You've had your fun and we're not mad, but now it's time for you to come home with us." We're seeing a childish tantrum from a guy in his 30s who thinks he's been wronged and wants to personally hurt those responsible: he's thrilled that his parents feel humiliated in front of their friends and family. Methinks Jenny walking out was less about Sumit's recriminations to his family and more about the realization that she's being used in this manner.

Ari's mom was practically begging her to get on that plane. Meanwhile, the baptism ceremony was straight Eastern Orthodox, which is why Ari was a little weirded out by it. Eastern Orthodox and western Christianity split apart well over a millennium ago (after which one evolved in Constantinople and the other in Rome) and their practices have grown different with time. 

• Love 10

Just wondering something - while I totally agree with all the negative opinions in this forum about the various cast members, I see a totally different perspective from the Pillow Talkers. They’re very supportive and sympathetic to all the self-inflicted woes being experienced. Two different thoughts: They’re coached by the producers to be that way and not show disgust or disdain. OR their sympathy comes from their own personal experiences when on the show. Thoughts?

Also have to say that Angela never disappoints with just how trashy she can be, as in her discussion with daughter Skyla about pulling worms out of the puppy’s ass

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I can't thank TLC enough for my early holiday gift...

A nice long scene with Brother Yazan, over whom I've been drooling since his first scene this season.  😜

Unfortunately, I think my stroke-addled brain went into overdrive and shut down, because I couldn't focus on the rest of the episode after that and didn't even make it to the end.  

Apparently, I missed some glorious shit with Family Sumbitch, so I need to watch the episode again soon.

(I'll just make sure I pick up *after* the scene with Brother Yazan so I can focus this time around.)

Yeah the brother is much better looking.  Yazan is like a cartoon version of him with large goofy eyes and often with a stunned or dazed expression.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Just wondering something - while I totally agree with all the negative opinions in this forum about the various cast members, I see a totally different perspective from the Pillow Talkers. They’re very supportive and sympathetic to all the self-inflicted woes being experienced. Two different thoughts: They’re coached by the producers to be that way and not show disgust or disdain. OR their sympathy comes from their own personal experiences when on the show. Thoughts?

I assume it's more sympathy for being in the reality TV fishbowl and having your every move examined. I think the only things they're coached to say are the "I can't wait for next week's episode!" stuff.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Also have to say that Angela never disappoints with just how trashy she can be, as in her discussion with daughter Skyla about pulling worms out of the puppy’s ass

I wondered the same thing last night. How is it all of the Pillow Talkers are on Jenny’s side? Maybe anything negative they say is edited out?

Angela and Skyla...no words. Between the dog issue (which hello, get him to a vet please), asking what the hell is Judaism, and is there war there? Good lord people, read a damn book.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Thinking about it some more, I'm now of the opinion that Sumit is only doing this to spite his parents. He's resentful of their control over his life and so is deliberately marrying the most objectionable person (a poor old American they personally hate) he can find. They're used to having control, as evidenced by their attitude when they first sat down: his father said something like "You've had your fun and we're not mad, but now it's time for you to come home with us." We're seeing a childish tantrum from a guy in his 30s who thinks he's been wronged and wants to personally hurt those responsible: he's thrilled that his parents feel humiliated in front of their friends and family. Methinks Jenny walking out was less about Sumit's recriminations to his family and more about the realization that she's being used in this manner.

Ari's mom was practically begging her to get on that plane. Meanwhile, the baptism ceremony was straight Eastern Orthodox, which is why Ari was a little weirded out by it. Eastern Orthodox and western Christianity split apart well over a millennium ago (after which one evolved in Constantinople and the other in Rome) and their practices have grown different with time. 

Yeah on a 90 Day Fiancé spinoff they recently showed an  Orthodox (adult) baptism and wedding in Moldova.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Maybe Jenny can look at her relationship with fresh eyes. Or maybe both deserve each other. Sumit is fighting against his parents’ control, he is immature, Jenny is older, clingy, and needy. Recipe for codependency and disaster. I would walk out if I felt used like this and suspect that the man hasn’t dealt with his demons and issues.

• Love 3

So I think what attracted Ari and Bini to each other, besides superficial physical attraction, was the free spirit, rebellious attitude that each of them possess- except they don’t balance out.  They each require someone else to care for/support/coddle them in order to continue chasing their dreams.  And neither of them really likes conceding to the other because, for one thing, they get jealous of each other’s opportunities.  Ari is not a domestic goddess nor a businesswoman of any kind.  Bini is not the Fortune 500 business executive or even the star of his own Broadway musical.  Never gonna happen.  Plus I cannot imagine Ari’s family allowing their grandson to be raised in an astoundingly impoverished neighborhood.  Sacrifice future - and safety - of an innocent little child for the “happiness” of an adult man who has made multiple bad choices?  Oh, hell no.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, MinDC76 said:

Can Ari ever just stop being awful?  If she could just cease doing one of the following, I would find her more tolerable (i) whining; (ii) crying (iii) making any kind of facial expression;  or (iv) speaking.  Her constant bloviating causes me to rage spiral.  I am trying to follow the logic where it is okay to raise Avi Jewish without any question because that is her religion, but any ask from "Baby" to incorporate his religion is pressuring her and making her feel uncomfortable.  I cannot abide her.  She is an entitled, racist (yes-I am going there), terror.  

I couldn't believe she had on her Jewish star necklace that I noticed when they were in the cab.  Really? We've seen her with other necklaces on so it isn't as if she never takes it off.  

• Love 5

Ok, so the scene at the end with Jenny, Sumit, and his parents (who had some great one-liners) was amazing, but I thought the previews from last week also showed an epic Jenny meltdown.  I hope she didn't end up on the cutting room floor and we will get to see it next week.  But, seeing as how they showed her walk out of the room at the end, I'm worried that we are being dealt a horrible blow and won't get to see it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mean Jeanne said:

10000% believe that the Pillow Talkers are told to be kind, upbeat, and not rag (too much) on the those on the show.   Same thing with that other show B90 Strikes Back.  Don't you think they would lash out at those on Instagram or the Pillow Talkers for making negative comments?  I bet they're told to be nice and positive or the money stops right here and now. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Yeah, they keep talking about how they live in a shitty part of town but their building looks very nice, with a beautiful gate, they have all the amenities, including a private courtyard/garden where Jenny can hang out her undies. They seem to be quite comfortable. Sumit, not being especially good at scamming, set his sights low. A measly social security check. Like Azan, going for dumbass Nicole's barista pay. 

Ari's mother whining about "three against one" really took the cake! Bini and his family are not adversaries and they are not "against" anyone! Framing it in those terms is setting her up to fail. But maybe Ari's parents are very accustomed to her repeated failures.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Totally fast-forwarded Cheesestick and his ex-girlfriend (who could not summon any effort to appear sad about his leaving).  I have no idea why they were even on this season as nothing ever happened in their story.

Malaise probably fell on a dick before Cheeseball's plane could taxi to the runway.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Angela and Skyla...no words. Between the dog issue (which hello, get him to a vet please), asking what the hell is Judaism, and is there war there? Good lord people, read a damn book.

I don't think many of the 90-Dayers realize that there is more to the internet than "hookupwithaforeigner.com."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Plus I cannot imagine Ari’s family allowing their grandson to be raised in an astoundingly impoverished neighborhood.  Sacrifice future - and safety - of an innocent little child for the “happiness” of an adult man who has made multiple bad choices?  Oh, hell no.  

But Avi is Ari's baby, not her mom's.  

Ari's parents have raised their own children, and they have to let Ari raise her child the way she sees fit.  If she comes back to the US, fine but they shouldn't make her.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

I get annoyed at the PT'ers when they see things through the eyes of people who have the emotional maturity of 14 year olds, which is why I headed to bed early and skipped PT for the first time all year.  I could not have handled the "Oh poor Jenny!!!  Poor Sumit!" when they are BOTH in the wrong in the way this whole relationship was started and handled.  I think they are all told to be nice no matter what and then get all excited for next week's episode.  I would have been yelling:  "That is what you get, Jenny!!!"  and "Devan, what is your thing with marrying this man child over and over?" and Cheesestick and Maylisa:  "Pack it up and go home, Cheesy!  She. Does. Not. Want. You."

2 hours ago, kittle1974 said:

Ok, so the scene at the end with Jenny, Sumit, and his parents (who had some great one-liners) was amazing, but I thought the previews from last week also showed an epic Jenny meltdown.  I hope she didn't end up on the cutting room floor and we will get to see it next week.  But, seeing as how they showed her walk out of the room at the end, I'm worried that we are being dealt a horrible blow and won't get to see it.

They had some AWESOME ones!!!  "This is the best you can do?"  "No law is above parental law!"  It would indeed, be a blow if we were unable to see the Epic Jenny Meltdown but then again, we have seen a few in the past.

• Love 8

I was wondering the same thing last night.   The show is on past my bedtime, and I usually record it to watch later.  I  think it was just more apparent this time that they were so supportive of everyone while this was one of those episodes where almost everyone seemed much more deserving of lots of snark.  I guess I thought at least one person on PT would join in, but they didn't.  It really annoyed me how much they seemed to want Jenny and Sumit to have a happy ending.  I finally figured anything negative was edited out or they were told not to criticize.    I was going to put a similar comment to yours in the PT thread, but I didn't get around to it.

I was wondering if Sumit set Jenny up about the ring ceremony so that he could be appalled when she let it "slip out" to Amit and his wife.  To me, Jenny seemed pretty annoyed at Sumit about it.   Sumit seems like a rebellious teen but one who is also a mama's boy; he  will never marry Jenny as long as his parents object.  They really should use some reverse psychology on him and pretend to be supportive because I think Sumit would get scared of the idea of actually marrying and being stuck with Jenny; he would be a run-away bride groom.  I would watch that.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

of actually marrying and being stuck with Jenny; he would be a run-away bride groom.  I would watch that.

I would pay to watch that.  I may watch PT later tonight just to see what people say.  If Angela is on I will have to mute her as always.

• Love 2

I don't know, maybe we're all just a bunch of negative Nancy's.

On the other hand, maybe we don't sugarcoat shit.  Some may see Jenny and Sumit and say, "why are his parents so nasty?" (and IMO they are two nasty pieces of work, some of the nastiest people I've seen on this show).

But maybe Sumit's parents are nasty because they have played the tape all the way through.  They wonder, "what is Jenny bringing to this marriage?"  And let's face it, even in the US people don't 100% marry for love which is why you rarely (or never) see a CEO of a Fortune 500 company married to a homeless person.  They look at Jenny and see a woman whose already had her family, a woman who's penniless and who will eventually need Sumit to take care of her.

I sense a nasty racial component with Ari's mom.  It's like she's saying to her daughter, "you're a white woman.  How will you deal with all these brown folk?"

And I can't believe Ari's never seen a Baptism in her life, even in the movies.  

• Love 6

If anyone missed it, they're rerunning the episode now, and Sumit's parents just arrived.     The rest of the meeting with homewrecker Jenny, and the parents will be in the last part of the episode, so if you haven't seen this, you still have time.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I guess I thought at least one person on PT would join in, but they didn't.  It really annoyed me how much they seemed to want Jenny and Sumit to have a happy ending. 

I think that's because people, especially young people, believe that love conquers all.

Sadly it doesn't.

And that sucks.

And I still think Sumit's parents are awful people.  They remind me of people who do horrible things like use the "N" word.  I hate nasty ageist bastards.  I'd never speak to another human being that way.  It's not funny and it's not cute.

I'm 61, how old is Sumit's mom?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I think Summit’s parents are awful people who would have their son depressed and suicidal than with Jenny. Summit is and was an adult and I get the cultural components here but people all over the world buck the expectations of their parents for a chance at happiness.

In Ari’s case I haven’t seen anything to suggest she or her parents are racist. She is in a place with no friends or family, very little money and with a husband who expects everything to be done in his customs only . I don’t believe his family wants to spend time with or be friends with Ari. Those who said she could take up all kinds of hobbies have never been the primary caregiver of a newborn. Newborns are exhausting and leave little room for anything else. I would think about coming home if I were her because she would have some support. If she really loves Bini she may choose to stay.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

In Ari’s case I haven’t seen anything to suggest she or her parents are racist. She is in a place with no friends or family, very little money and with a husband who expects everything to be done in his customs only . I don’t believe his family wants to spend time with or be friends with Ari. Those who said she could take up all kinds of hobbies have never been the primary caregiver of a newborn. Newborns are exhausting and leave little room for anything else. I would think about coming home if I were her because she would have some support. If she really loves Bini she may choose to stay.

I think toddlers are more exhausting than newborns, just saying.  

I stand by my assessment of Ari's parents; just their looks alone said everything I needed to know.

Brittany is an idiot, I don't care about her at all.  She needs to go back to Florida and twerk until her ass falls off.

Again Sumit's parents, horrible, horrible, horrible people.  No wonder the Pillow Talkers were on Sumit and Jenny's side.  Their relationship sucks, but if I had Sumit's parents I'd either have to kill myself or kill them.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I stand by my assessment of Ari's parents; just their looks alone said everything I needed to know.

Brittany is an idiot, I don't care about her at all.  She needs to go back to Florida and twerk until her ass falls off.

Unfortunately, I agree about Ari's parents.    Both parents' visible relief when they saw the baby was very light told me everything I needed to know about them.   They're certainly snobs, and think that their daughter should be living in the style that they have accustomed her to, and that's simply not possible unless Bini was very rich.    

Ari is so dismissive of everything Bini values.    Her eyerolling on the way to the baptism was despicable.  

Melyza and Cheesestick are both pathetic.   She was crying at the airport because the cat was leaving, not Cheesestick.

Brittany is going to keep on until Yazan ends up dead, and then she'll twerk her way home, and never care.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10

I update my Ethiopian co-worker about this show. I told her about Avi wrapped in injera. At first she looked confused and then she said, "Ohhh...that's Orthodox". Best take away from those scenes was Areola's braids. I give her props on her braiding skills this season...and that's about it.

Yazan's brother's hair is amazing. And yes, he does (unfortunately) resemble Frank Zappa in the face. I'm a big fan of facial hair but his looks scraggly. Anyone else notice how the voice of the translator was so smooth and almost sexy, totally not matching his appearance? He has a face for radio. He should have appeared in the first episode of the season, as Brittney exited the plane, to get shit straight from the get go. (Don't get me started on the fact I can't stand these fools that can't even communicate with each other in any common language...)

Jenny NOW decides she's done enough damage to this family and is ready to go home?? Submit will never leave India, but that's what he needs to do if he doesn't want to live the traditional lifestyle and marry a woman arranged by the parents. I really wonder why he cannot come to the US. Did they ever specify? Was it because he was married? Because it seems like now that's the best idea for them. 

As with any other episode, Melyzzzzza looks indifferent/bored to Cheesy returning to the US. What did she expect him to do if he can't find a job? He can never do right by this woman so he just needs to go home, glad he's made that decision. 

I barely paid attention to the "Say Yes to the Dress - Korean Edition". Beyond stupid that they need to have yet another ceremony. And Deavan's folks ARE getting a ham for their daughter. Seems like a good trade to me. 

• Love 6

I don't know why they were ragging on Jenny's looks since neither one of them could pass for supermodels.   And that lady with Sumit's dad is NO mother.  No real mother would be so hateful to their child.  

If Sumit's parents can be nasty, then so can I. 😜

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, snarkish said:

I really wonder why he cannot come to the US. Did they ever specify? Was it because he was married? Because it seems like now that's the best idea for them.

If his catfishing activities gave him a criminal record in India, he may not be able to get a US visa.

• Useful 3
10 minutes ago, Kid said:

Can someone explain why they aired the ridiculous Johoon/Deavan story? Everyone knows the outcome.

Are they the only couple from TOW who have stayed together (during filming, at least)?

um, Cheese Stick, all those photos would take up absolutely no room in a suitcase if you took them out of the damn frames! 

• Love 3

There's a little thought in the back of my head.  We know Sumit was first catfishing Jenny with a picture of a really attractive guy, and then he confessed the truth and started sending real pictures of himself.

Kind of makes me wonder how many other "interesting" relationships his parents have had to watch him muddle through.  I wonder if they're just tired of dealing with him and his choices.  They probably thought that forcing him to marry a woman that meets their approval would put an end to it.  Turns out, it ended up costing them a LOT of money to get him out of it . . . and he's still making/continuing less-than-ideal choices.

The best thing they could do for all of them is to just say, "Go and live your life.  If you make this choice, it is your choice.  We will not support you (emotionally or financially), but we carry no hatred."  And then they need to just walk away . . . for their own sake.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't know why they were ragging on Jenny's looks since neither one of them could pass for supermodels.   And that lady with Sumit's dad is NO mother.  No real mother would be so hateful to their child.  

If Sumit's parents can be nasty, then so can I. 😜

The real punishment would be if they said it was okay to marry Jenny, Sumit would be so on the hook and the parents would love to see Sumit jump in to a marriage they know he would be as miserable in as he was with the first wife.  His parents need to should let him shoot himself in the foot, that would be the quickest way to teach a valuable lesson.

Jenny is past her prime in looks, she is not financially well off, if she returns to the US she will be living on the couch in her daughters apartment maybe she if fighting so hard for Sumit because he is the only option for a life that her meager bank account can support.

14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Are they the only couple from TOW who have stayed together (during filming, at least)?

um, Cheese Stick, all those photos would take up absolutely no room in a suitcase if you took them out of the damn frames! 

Why was he taking the cat, I thought it was Meyliza's.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

There's a little thought in the back of my head.  We know Sumit was first catfishing Jenny with a picture of a really attractive guy, and then he confessed the truth and started sending real pictures of himself.

Kind of makes me wonder how many other "interesting" relationships his parents have had to watch him muddle through.  I wonder if they're just tired of dealing with him and his choices.  They probably thought that forcing him to marry a woman that meets their approval would put an end to it.  Turns out, it ended up costing them a LOT of money to get him out of it . . . and he's still making/continuing less-than-ideal choices.

The best thing they could do for all of them is to just say, "Go and live your life.  If you make this choice, it is your choice.  We will not support you (emotionally or financially), but we carry no hatred."  And then they need to just walk away . . . for their own sake.

This is true. Be wise enough to let him do what he wants. Now that the chase is over and he can have the prize, he may not really want it. Who knows how long their relationship will last. They can easily divorce within 2 or so years.

• Love 8