Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: The Cost Of Love

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jenny is past her prime in looks, she is not financially well off, if she returns to the US she will be living on the couch in her daughters apartment maybe she if fighting so hard for Sumit because he is the only option for a life that her meager bank account can support.

Sumit's nasty "parents" don't care about Jenny's age.  If Jenny were a millionaire and said she was going to marry Sumit and they were going to live in her mansion in India, his "parents" would be too thrilled, happy to brag to their friends how their son was married to a rich American.  

They don't fool me at all. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Sumit's nasty "parents" don't care about Jenny's age.  If Jenny were a millionaire and said she was going to marry Sumit and they were going to live in her mansion in India, his "parents" would be too thrilled, happy to brag to their friends how their son was married to a rich American.  

They don't fool me at all. 

The parents would be happy to live with them, too. And have luxuries and parties and fancy dinners, etc. They would prefer a younger Jenny, but a wealthier one too.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, snarkish said:

I update my Ethiopian co-worker about this show. I told her about Avi wrapped in injera. At first she looked confused and then she said, "Ohhh...that's Orthodox". Best take away from those scenes was Areola's braids. I give her props on her braiding skills this season...and that's about it.

Yazan's brother's hair is amazing. And yes, he does (unfortunately) resemble Frank Zappa in the face. I'm a big fan of facial hair but his looks scraggly. Anyone else notice how the voice of the translator was so smooth and almost sexy, totally not matching his appearance? He has a face for radio. He should have appeared in the first episode of the season, as Brittney exited the plane, to get shit straight from the get go. (Don't get me started on the fact I can't stand these fools that can't even communicate with each other in any common language...)

Jenny NOW decides she's done enough damage to this family and is ready to go home?? Submit will never leave India, but that's what he needs to do if he doesn't want to live the traditional lifestyle and marry a woman arranged by the parents. I really wonder why he cannot come to the US. Did they ever specify? Was it because he was married? Because it seems like now that's the best idea for them. 

As with any other episode, Melyzzzzza looks indifferent/bored to Cheesy returning to the US. What did she expect him to do if he can't find a job? He can never do right by this woman so he just needs to go home, glad he's made that decision. 

I barely paid attention to the "Say Yes to the Dress - Korean Edition". Beyond stupid that they need to have yet another ceremony. And Deavan's folks ARE getting a ham for their daughter. Seems like a good trade to me. 

What would be epic is if he narrated the show, interjecting with the snark we're all thinking when we're watching, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The difference is that in India parents have more power due to the culture, and Sumit’s parents have chosen to exercise it on this issue.  But it’s all about their personal embarrassment, not about the culture.  

Perhaps it's a little of both. In the movie, "Bend it like Beckham", the Indian parents were worried that the football playing daughter, would ruin the chances of her older sister who was engaged to be married.  All they kept harping on was what their potential new in-laws would think of them.  In all fairness, I believe most parents would be upset if their child were to bring home a prospective mate who was older than them. Plus, Jenny had a sexual relationship with their son in their home.  That is unforgiveable!

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Adeejay said:

There is a huge difference between "fool" and "appease".  Obaida said, "I don't want Brittany converting just to 'fool' us." The translator used the word "appease" instead. 

I thought that translator was excellent. When you translate from one language to another, you are not translating word for word, you are translating the essence of what that person is saying/getting at. And in this case, the brother was inferring the same thing as 'appease'. It's possible the translator for the subtitles used the word 'fool' instead of 'appease' but any number of words could have sufficed and still meant 'appease' (fool, trick, pretend, smooth the waters, etc.) - in the contextof what the brother was saying, it was a correct translation.

However, the brother surprised me when he went over to her to console her and wipe her tears away because just touching her in that familiar manner is very frowned upon there, so I'm confused that the more traditional brother even did that and it makes me smell something rotten in TLC - so what else is new, right?!?

Sumit, I just don't get it. The parents are bummed out and I get that, but they clearly only care about what other people are saying, that's why they're so pissed off. Why the fuck can't Jenny just bring him to the USA and do a 90-Day visa OR get married that way the lawyer said and then apply for a spousal visa. He could literally get on a plane without his parents knowing and just leave the damn country and be done with it. I'll bet him going to the US would change Mother Sumit's tune real quick...She's a handful...

• Love 2

Does Deavan ever smile?  She’s the Grumpy Cat of 90 days.  And she (like Chantal) speaks like she’s under water.

Why do Sumit’s parents think, if Jenny was out of the picture, he would marry someone else and have children?  He may never marry.  Jenny is 29 years older than Sumit.  Kenny is 26 years older than Armando, but no one seems to have a problem with it.  Jenny and Sumit may have only some years before death or disillusionment separates them, but they’d have those some years.

Hey, Ari!  Maybe it was the Old Testament side of the Bible shoved in your face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Plus, Jenny had a sexual relationship with their son in their home.  That is unforgiveable!

Please, it's not like Sumit was 12 years old and Jenny was 40 or something.  Both were adults. 

It's not right what they did, but I can't deal with Mama's self righteous anger and pearl clutching; when she has a very ugly personality.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think toddlers are more exhausting than newborns, just saying.  

I stand by my assessment of Ari's parents; just their looks alone said everything I needed to know.

Brittany is an idiot, I don't care about her at all.  She needs to go back to Florida and twerk until her ass falls off.

Again Sumit's parents, horrible, horrible, horrible people.  No wonder the Pillow Talkers were on Sumit and Jenny's side.  Their relationship sucks, but if I had Sumit's parents I'd either have to kill myself or kill them.  

My toddler slept thru the night at least, my newborn had to be fed every two hours and had colic and cried around the clock.

You may be  right about Ari’s parents but I think snobby rather than racist unless I hear them saying something racist. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

Does Deavan ever smile?  She’s the Grumpy Cat of 90 days.  And she (like Chantal) speaks like she’s under water.

Why do Sumit’s parents think, if Jenny was out of the picture, he would marry someone else and have children?  He may never marry.  Jenny is 29 years older than Sumit.  Kenny is 26 years older than Armando, but no one seems to have a problem with it.  Jenny and Sumit may have only some years before death or disillusionment separates them, but they’d have those some years.

Hey, Ari!  Maybe it was the Old Testament side of the Bible shoved in your face.

I do notice the Kenny and Armando age difference.  Armando does have life experience and he has had life's ups and downs. He's not 22 and fresh from university. It's a bit of a double standard that a 60 year old man can date and marry a 22-27 year old woman and no one bats an eyelash. However, if a 60 year old woman dates a 25-30 year old man, that is unacceptable.  Works both ways.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

There's a little thought in the back of my head.  We know Sumit was first catfishing Jenny with a picture of a really attractive guy, and then he confessed the truth and started sending real pictures of himself.

Kind of makes me wonder how many other "interesting" relationships his parents have had to watch him muddle through.  I wonder if they're just tired of dealing with him and his choices.  They probably thought that forcing him to marry a woman that meets their approval would put an end to it.  Turns out, it ended up costing them a LOT of money to get him out of it . . . and he's still making/continuing less-than-ideal choices.

The best thing they could do for all of them is to just say, "Go and live your life.  If you make this choice, it is your choice.  We will not support you (emotionally or financially), but we carry no hatred."  And then they need to just walk away . . . for their own sake.

The mom was so embarrassed that people see them kissing.....isn't India kinda large?  Can't they move where no one knows them?

I am 55, a bit younger than Jenny, and she is an embarrassment for what women will settle for in life in terms of a man.  And God help me if I have to hear her say or mention a "ring ceremony" one more time......

• Love 10
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Sumit, I just don't get it. The parents are bummed out and I get that, but they clearly only care about what other people are saying, that's why they're so pissed off. Why the fuck can't Jenny just bring him to the USA and do a 90-Day visa OR get married that way the lawyer said and then apply for a spousal visa. He could literally get on a plane without his parents knowing and just leave the damn country and be done with it. I'll bet him going to the US would change Mother Sumit's tune real quick...She's a handful...

I think the parents are concerned about their own old age more than Jenny’s.   In India, unless you have one of the rare and coveted jobs with a pension, it is your children who look after you in your old age.  All Sumit has done for them is increase their debt...and with Jenny, there is no possibility of grand children.  

As for Sumit going to the US, I believe he has a criminal record.   And even if he didn’t, Jenny’s paltry Social Security wouldn’t provide enough income for her to sponsor him... or for them to live on in the US.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

My toddler slept thru the night at least, my newborn had to be fed every two hours and had colic and cried around the clock.

But a toddler toddles and you've got to make sure they don't get into anything; at least an infant stays in one place.  I used to work as a volunteer in a city hospital, maternity ward;  infants who were born addicted to drugs/alcohol, many were HIV+, and many were unwanted.  The older the infant, the more stimulation they wanted, which was hard because we had to move on to feeding the next one, but the newborns, after you finally got them down, pretty much slept every 3-4 hours.  At least I didn't have to run after them.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pattycake2 said:

I do take note of the age difference between Armando and Kenny - I am not a big fan of large age differences, no matter which gender is which or the genders are the same.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Especially now, people from other countries don't just "get on a plane" and come here.  Even without Covid, waiting lists for K-1 (90-Day Fiance) and spousal visas are long.  If it were that easy, there would be a lot more fake relationships wherein the American could get paid for marrying (and then quickly divorcing) multiple "spouses." 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

But a toddler toddles and you've got to make sure they don't get into anything; at least an infant stays in one place.  I used to work as a volunteer in a city hospital, maternity ward;  infants who were born addicted to drugs/alcohol, many were HIV+, and many were unwanted.  The older the infant, the more stimulation they wanted, which was hard because we had to move on to feeding the next one, but the newborns, after you finally got them down, pretty much slept every 3-4 hours.  At least I didn't have to run after them.

Honestly, I think it depends on the infant and the toddler.  I had an easy infant and I had an easy toddler, but they weren't the same person, lol. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, snarkish said:

I update my Ethiopian co-worker about this show. I told her about Avi wrapped in injera. At first she looked confused and then she said, "Ohhh...that's Orthodox". Best take away from those scenes was Areola's braids. I give her props on her braiding skills this season...and that's about it.

I agree that they looked great at the baptism.  Plus she said they had to be there at 6:30 a.m. and the braids didn't look like they'd been slept on, so I assume she did them that morning.  Impressive.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Especially now, people from other countries don't just "get on a plane" and come here.  Even without Covid, waiting lists for K-1 (90-Day Fiance) and spousal visas are long.  If it were that easy, there would be a lot more fake relationships wherein the American could get paid for marrying (and then quickly divorcing) multiple "spouses." 

Like 30 years ago there was a movie called Green Card with Andie MacDowell and Gerard Depardieu along those lines.

• Love 5

JiBum andWednesday:  I want one of those smelly squid masks to wear in public and at the supermarket.

The In-Laws:  The in-laws are killing it this season, and in the case of Yaz' dad and Sumtwit's mom, literally.  Papa Yaz' decree that he would murder his son would have made Don Corleone proud.  And the murderous intensity in Mama Sumtwit's face as she imagined the different ways she would end Jenny was chillingly delightful.   Don't mess with these parents, they';re hard core!

Cheesedick and Melyzzza:  Even when they part ways they're boring.

Binky and Areola:  I kept imagining them adding lettuce and mayo to the baby's bread outfit.

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m not sure now much of the parental disapproval of Jenny and Sumit is cultural.  Plenty of American parents would be embarrassed if their 30~year-old son wanted to marry a 60-year-old woman.  Sumit’s mother says things like people will talk and we have to keep our eyes down.  That is the same shame reaction parents might have anywhere if they are invested in what their peers think. The difference is that in India parents have more power due to the culture, and Sumit’s parents have chosen to exercise it on this issue.  But it’s all about their personal embarrassment, not about the culture.  They are not objecting to her religion or race, they are objecting to her age.

Yep. Both DESIGNING WOMEN and THE GOLDEN GIRLS both had episodes about this back in the 80's. 

I think it's a combination of things: she's old (for him, not for life), he tore his marriage apart for her (which his parents had to pay for), they're doing this on and international stage, and Jenny originally lied to them and broke their trust when she first visited India. I wouldn't like her, either. 

16 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I really liked Deaven's wedding dress-so much more elegant and flattering than what I see on SYTTD.  However, I really dislike all this angst about their 97th wedding...that ship has sailed.

I think Brittany realized that she could no longer play her game of trying to become a social media influencer once she was told that Yahzan's family might kill him.  I really think her tears were for herself and not for Yahzan.

Sumit and Jenny totally see themselves as the greatest love story never told.  I agree with others that if they do marry that Sumit will very quickly realize that it was the drama he loved, not Jenny.  I also observed that they were furnishing their home very nicely-huge AC unit, living room furniture, etc.  So, they are totally living off of the TLC paychecks which go much farther in India than in the U.S. 

The parts of Andrei and Libby will be played by Deavan and Jihoon this season...Not that I normally care what the parents think, but if she's going to play that game...That's right, Deavan, worry about what your mother thinks NOW. Not when you first started dating him, when you got pregnant by him, when you had his child, moved to South Korea, left, moved back to South Korea, and got pregnant a second time. 

Brittany is still working her influencer ass off. She probably just realized that she needed to appear more sympathetic if she was going to continue getting invitations to collab. 

IMO their TLC paychecks aren't purchasing the stuff in their apartment. Money in India goes far for things light transportation, rent, utilities, and food but not for furnishings. That stuff, including portable AC units, can sometimes be even more expensive there than they are here. I think they're either renting them on a weekly basis, like you can do here, or they're funding their lifestyle through Cameos and social media donations. Some of these 90DF are making bank right now. TLC barely pays shit, but the side gigs they're all doing are through the roof. 

15 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I can't thank TLC enough for my early holiday gift...

A nice long scene with Brother Yazan, over whom I've been drooling since his first scene this season.  😜

I wouldn't mind a few more scenes with the silver fox, Father Yazan. 

15 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Thinking about it some more, I'm now of the opinion that Sumit is only doing this to spite his parents. He's resentful of their control over his life and so is deliberately marrying the most objectionable person (a poor old American they personally hate) he can find. They're used to having control, as evidenced by their attitude when they first sat down: his father said something like "You've had your fun and we're not mad, but now it's time for you to come home with us." We're seeing a childish tantrum from a guy in his 30s who thinks he's been wronged and wants to personally hurt those responsible: he's thrilled that his parents feel humiliated in front of their friends and family. Methinks Jenny walking out was less about Sumit's recriminations to his family and more about the realization that she's being used in this manner.

At first I thought that this whole thing was weird but probably true. There are all kinds of strange couples out there. But after watching Sumit for what feels like half a dozen seasons, I agree. There's something going on here. Maybe it started out as "love" but Sumit's now playing a different kind of game. Maybe now that he's no longer married he wants to sow his wild oats. Or maybe they're gunning for a spinoff. Either way, Jenny needs to leave. The only "ring ceremony" we're going to see is when Jenny gets on the plane and Family Sumit dance in a circle and cheer. 

15 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Just wondering something - while I totally agree with all the negative opinions in this forum about the various cast members, I see a totally different perspective from the Pillow Talkers. They’re very supportive and sympathetic to all the self-inflicted woes being experienced. Two different thoughts: They’re coached by the producers to be that way and not show disgust or disdain. OR their sympathy comes from their own personal experiences when on the show. Thoughts?

I feel very strongly that they're following a basic storyline on PT. PT is less about what they really think and more about trying to gently steer these narratives in the direction in which TLC wants them to go. They may not have actual scripts, but I think they have talking points. And that may be why some of the people were never asked back. 

14 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

So I think what attracted Ari and Bini to each other, besides superficial physical attraction, was the free spirit, rebellious attitude that each of them possess- except they don’t balance out. 

Plus I cannot imagine Ari’s family allowing their grandson to be raised in an astoundingly impoverished neighborhood.  Sacrifice future - and safety - of an innocent little child for the “happiness” of an adult man who has made multiple bad choices?  Oh, hell no.  

I think what partly attracted them to each other was the Vacation Haze. When they met Ari was on Traveler Time. As a former backpacker, I can relate. You don't have to worry about schedules or work or responsibilities. Backpack Ari could sleep all day, drink all night, etc. Backpack Ari probably thought it was fun to stay in hostels and hang out with other backpackers because you become part of this hippie-like subculture. Backpack Ari enjoyed posting on Insta and sending pictures to people back home, showing off her "immersion" into the culture and how SHE was getting off the beaten path...Real World Ari, though, isn't a free spirit. Real World Ari is spoiled, doesn't appear to be that capable of handling real world stuff, and, much like my mother, seems to think that "roughing it" is staying at a hotel without indoor corridors. Trying to make a long-term relationship with a vacation fling is tough. It was over before he cut his hair. 

13 hours ago, kittle1974 said:

Ok, so the scene at the end with Jenny, Sumit, and his parents (who had some great one-liners) was amazing, but I thought the previews from last week also showed an epic Jenny meltdown.  I hope she didn't end up on the cutting room floor and we will get to see it next week.  But, seeing as how they showed her walk out of the room at the end, I'm worried that we are being dealt a horrible blow and won't get to see it.

What a blow we were dealt! Jenny better turn her ass around and march back in there. We were promised more . After approximately 27 seasons of Angela and Darcey, haven't we paid our dues? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Both DESIGNING WOMEN and THE GOLDEN GIRLS both had episodes about this back in the 80's

You are my BFF - loved those shows.  In GG, however, Michael's fiance Lorraine (I know this from memory) was pregnant and could give Michael a family, and it memory serves it was more of a twenty something year age difference not 30.  With DW, Payne knew all along he was an annual plaything.  Primmie (again, not looking it up) had a young plaything every fall, no intentions of marrying.  

The only "ring ceremony" we're going to see is when Jenny gets on the plane and Family Sumit dance in a circle and cheer. 

Okay, I literally chocked on my coffee on this - it paints a wonderful picture.

I wouldn't mind a few more scenes with the silver fox, Father Yazan. 

Or Father Brittney, Greg.  He is easy on the eyes.

I think what partly attracted them to each other was the Vacation Haze. When they met Ari was on Traveler Time. As a former backpacker, I can relate. You don't have to worry about schedules or work or responsibilities. Backpack Ari could sleep all day, drink all night, etc. Backpack Ari probably thought it was fun to stay in hostels and hang out with other backpackers because you become part of this hippie-like subculture. Backpack Ari enjoyed posting on Insta and sending pictures to people back home, showing off her "immersion" into the culture and how SHE was getting off the beaten path

As a backpacker I can relate.  I was staying in hostels (and I was 51 at this particular time, not married but engaged and NOT looking for any side action, lol, and man.....the hookups were insane!  No judging but man, you just met her at noon!   Then you go home and the fog lifts and apparently Hot Backpacker has a stressful job and he ISN'T so easygoing.  I was really glad when I got to my single campsite!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I agree that they looked great at the baptism.  Plus she said they had to be there at 6:30 a.m. and the braids didn't look like they'd been slept on, so I assume she did them that morning.  Impressive.

My hubby notices the same thing!!  "Nice braids for such an early event!"  I wonder why baptisms need to be at 6:30 am?  

Sumitt's parents appear to be frustrated with his life choices.  Something tells me this isn't the first time he's done something embarrassing to them. This time he broke up his marriage, causing them to pay thousands of dollars to get him out of his arranged marriage.  Plus Jenny lied to them while having a sexual relationship with their son in their home. Plus dealing with whatever cultural pressure they're now under because of his choices.  I would be angry too. 

I'm getting covert racist vibes from Ari's parents.  They also seem like total snobs who think they're better than everyone.  

Judging by Yazan's words when Brittany was drunk and the receipts she's posted on Instagram,  I'm not going to call this young woman dumb or stupid.  Yazan seems to say one thing in front of his parents and another thing in front of her. She also needs to evaluate why she's attracted to controlling men.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Dobian said:

The In-Laws:  The in-laws are killing it this season, and in the case of Yaz' dad and Sumtwit's mom, literally.  Papa Yaz' decree that he would murder his son would have made Don Corleone proud.  And the murderous intensity in Mama Sumtwit's face as she imagined the different ways she would end Jenny was chillingly delightful.   Don't mess with these parents, they';re hard core!

Finally some real ( or most convincing performance ) in our reality teevee.

Someone take the Emmy away from cuomo and give it to Parents Sumit. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Dobian said:

No, to me they're evil.  I'd never want to sit in the same space with any of those people IRL.

I'm getting covert racist vibes from Ari's parents.  They also seem like total snobs who think they're better than everyone.  

I worry how they'd treat Avi.  I bet they'd try to whitewash him, try to erase his Ethiopian heratage.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The parents would be happy to live with them, too. And have luxuries and parties and fancy dinners, etc. They would prefer a younger Jenny, but a wealthier one too.

Yep, if Jenny had enough dough to support them and herself since Sumit seems incapable; they'd welcome her with open arms.  As others have noted, it is customary for children to help support their parents when they reach old age.  I have a feeling that at least part of Mama and Papa Sumit's objection to Jenny is that she doesn't have a solid income to support herself and Sumit and it doesn't seem likely that, married to her, Sumit is going to be able to earn much himself since she apparently refuses to be left alone while he works.  There's also the fact that it was Jenny's return to India and inserting herself back into Sumit's life that caused the ultimate failure of his marriage and cost them 20 grand.  That Jenny and Sumit don't even seem grateful or understand the sacrifices they made would be enough for many parents to disapprove of the relationship.

They cannot go to the US as others have noted because Jenny doesn't make enough money to sponsor him; she doesn't even have her own place to live in the US.  The only person who might conceivably be able to sponsor Sumit is Jenny's daughter; but why would she?  She's already stuck letting Jenny live with her, probably for free, when she's in the US, she probably doesn't have enough couch space for Sumit, too.  

I also agree that Sumit is having second, third and fourth thoughts about marrying Jenny.  He probably loves her in his way, but not enough to put up with her constant bellyaching and demands that people who don't like her or approve of her marrying him immediately change their minds because she wants it.  The clingy neediness isn't going to wear well, either.  He's no prize himself; but he is holding most of the cards in the relationship.

48 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My hubby notices the same thing!!  "Nice braids for such an early event!"  I wonder why baptisms need to be at 6:30 am?  

I think the custom in many Orthodox churches is that the baptism takes place before the first Mass on Sundays; so it would have to be pretty early in the day.  Looks like the service is generally 30-45 minutes long, so they probably had to be there at 6:30 because Mass was at 7:30 or 8:00 AM.

However, the brother surprised me when he went over to her to console her and wipe her tears away because just touching her in that familiar manner is very frowned upon there, so I'm confused that the more traditional brother even did that and it makes me smell something rotten in TLC - so what else is new, right?!?

I was surprised when Yazan's brother and then the Pillow Talkers remarked on how genuinely upset poor Brittany was; how sincerely she must love him since she cried.   I  guess I'm just a cynic, but, to me, Brittany looked to be crying crocodile tears; very phony and fake crying, IMO, done on cue, for the camera.

2 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Anyone buying Brittany's crying on the rock with Yazan's brother?

No, not even a little bit; she was playing to the camera, IMO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I was surprised when Yazan's brother and then the Pillow Talkers remarked on how genuinely upset poor Brittany was; how sincerely she must love him since she cried.   I  guess I'm just a cynic, but, to me, Brittany looked to be crying crocodile tears; very phony and fake crying, IMO, done on cue, for the camera.

I dislike cynics, but Brittany is on this show for Instagram/YouTube followers.

• Love 9

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the brother and translator say only that "some people" might want to kill Yazan? The "some people" is Yazan's father, who has unequivocally stated that he will kill his son if he stays with the American booty skank. So they haven't told Brittney the real truth about how much Yazan is at risk. "His father will kill him, he has already vowed to do so" is much more impactful than "some people might want to kill hm."

But the whole scene started to ring fake to me when whe cried and the brother suddenly became Hugh Grant rushing over to gently caress her cheek and promising to stand by the starcrossed lovers. Not consistent with who we've been told his brother is or the severity of the threat to Yazan.

I did love that priest shoving the Bible in Ari's face. He was really getting it in there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

The Pillow Talkers seem to be following a script or narrative to me.  They are familiar as to how reality tv works so to get this worked up over something shown just seems odd.  Take for example David & Annie--they are fun to watch but honestly David becoming so invested in Jenny's well being or if Cheesestick is going to be o.k. just seems way too over the top.  Having said that I do enjoy Pillow Talk because most of the people are funny and make catty comments but good lawd enough with this overly dramatic reaction to these couples.  If anyone can see through Brittany's b/s it should be fellow reality t.v. stars.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

No, to me they're evil.  I'd never want to sit in the same space with any of those people IRL.

I worry how they'd treat Avi.  I bet they'd try to whitewash him, try to erase his Ethiopian heratage.

Or they may tell him that they love him because he's one of "the good blacks"

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ari matter of factly telling us that her father had to fly back earlier than mom because he has to work. Bini should have thrown a tantrum and told her how unacceptable that was.... good grief. Ari was sounding all adult in the car with her "This is my decision. I want to live here and make a family," however, she'll no doubt be constantly asking mom and dad to wire her some cash so there's little adulting going on there if that's the case.

Deaven and Jihoon, Melezya and Tim and Sumit and Jenny remain on the FF train, so I got nothing.

No crying Kenny this week... 

And again, the weight of the world is clearly breaking down Yazan. He looks like he is on the precipice of mental collapse. 

• Love 3
On 11/22/2020 at 11:57 PM, itsadryheat said:

And Jenny let it slip they have been playing around with this relationship for EIGHT years. 

Thank you. I have serious memory issues (medical) and the most significant is my lack of ability to determine past time passage (did something happen a month/a year/10 years ago e.g.) but when she said that even I thought “wait a minute, there’s no way I’ve been watching this shitshow for 8 YEARS!!!! Did I mishear that or am I misremembering?” It never even occurred to me that this could be show manipulation!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Anyone buying Brittany's crying on the rock with Yazan's brother?

Haven't seen anything so convincing since my 3 year old granddaughter was having a hissy fit in the living room and we all got up and went into the family room. She stopped crying, got up, came in the family room, threw herself back down on the floor and continued with the fit!! 

• LOL 16
On 11/23/2020 at 12:10 PM, Colfrmb said:

Plus I cannot imagine Ari’s family allowing their grandson to be raised in an astoundingly impoverished neighborhood.  Sacrifice future - and safety - of an innocent little child for the “happiness” of an adult man who has made multiple bad choices?  Oh, hell no.  

Allowing does not enter the picture when your "child" is approaching 30.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:32 PM, OFDgal said:

I couldn't believe she had on her Jewish star necklace that I noticed when they were in the cab.  Really? We've seen her with other necklaces on so it isn't as if she never takes it off.  

I thought that was in extremely poor taste. Almost like an F-you type thing. I don't care if people there did not know what it meant. Ari did and it was a bitchy thing to do.

On 11/23/2020 at 5:36 PM, gingerella said:

This was HUGE to me. That is simply not done there. Ever. I was truly shocked at that and began thinking that this may be some sort of con. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

“wait a minute, there’s no way I’ve been watching this shitshow for 8 YEARS!!!! Did I mishear that or am I misremembering?” It never even occurred to me

When we first met Jenny and Sumit, they had already known each other five years. First he catfished her, then admitted his true identity but it was too late, they were in love. Then Jenny traveled to India for the first time which is when she stayed at his parents house under the pretense that she was an American woman who Sumit had befriended online who always wanted to see India. She stayed for a few months, getting close to his mother while deflowering their son and when his parents found out what was going on they sent her packing back to the US. Sumit stayed out of touch with her for a while and this appears to be when he was forced into an arranged marriage but eventually contacted her again. Viewers didn’t “meet” Jenny until she was giving up everything (including her car!) to move to India and be with Sumit but their relationship had been going on for several years before that.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

Adam the translator is baller! He needs his own show lol I want to know more.  He has a completely sexy time voice and accent and the body that is not made to match as he shuffles up the mountainside with the grace of Pol or Coltee in more layers of clothing than are necessary.  Then sits there dramatically translating with confident posture and armwaving I loved it he was so compelling and likeable! Lol

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Adam the translator is baller! He needs his own show lol I want to know more.  He has a completely sexy time voice and accent and the body that is not made to match as he shuffles up the mountainside with the grace of Pol or Coltee in more layers of clothing than are necessary.  Then sits there dramatically translating with confident posture and armwaving I loved it he was so compelling and likeable! Lol

I thought middle eastern food is healthy.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

When we first met Jenny and Sumit, they had already known each other five years. First he catfished her, then admitted his true identity but it was too late, they were in love. Then Jenny traveled to India for the first time which is when she stayed at his parents house under the pretense that she was an American woman who Sumit had befriended online who always wanted to see India. She stayed for a few months, getting close to his mother while deflowering their son and when his parents found out what was going on they sent her packing back to the US. Sumit stayed out of touch with her for a while and this appears to be when he was forced into an arranged marriage but eventually contacted her again. Viewers didn’t “meet” Jenny until she was giving up everything (including her car!) to move to India and be with Sumit but their relationship had been going on for several years before that.

Yet Summit was an adult over 25 the whole time. And Summit’s parents wouldn’t have to pay the $20,000 if they didn’t force their son into a marriage he didn’t want. They could just accept the fact their son is in his 30’s and can and should do what he wants. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Yet Summit was an adult over 25 the whole time. And Summit’s parents wouldn’t have to pay the $20,000 if they didn’t force their son into a marriage he didn’t want. They could just accept the fact their son is in his 30’s and can and should do what he wants. 

I still think that if I were that against my son/daughter marrying someone as much as Sumit's parents are, I would not borrow money from my relatives, banks, and even friends to finance his divorce from wife #1. I guess the difference would be if I were responsible for the original marriage, but no, even then...

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I still think that if I were that against my son/daughter marrying someone as much as Sumit's parents are, I would not borrow money from my relatives, banks, and even friends to finance his divorce from wife #1. I guess the difference would be if I were responsible for the original marriage, but no, even then...

I sure wouldn't borrow money . . . I'd make arrangements with the ex-wife for regular payments that would be Sumit's responsibility. 

I can't wrap my head around a culture that COULD force an adult man to marry someone he didn't want to marry because of his parents' insistence.  Not to say I don't believe that might have happened (especially after hearing Yazan's father say that he would kill him if he continues to dishonor the family).  But if I had a son who was in his mid-20s who fell in love with a woman 30 years older, I'd say, "Good luck with that" and let him live with the consequences (good or bad) of his decision.  If family or acquaintances say something to the parents (shaming them) about it, they have the right to say, "This was not our choice.  Thank you for feeling badly for us as we live with our unhappiness every day."  That HAS to be a better option than what's happening now.  

Honestly, chances are that if they'd left him alone to face consequences back then, Sumit and Jenny would probably never have married, or they would be divorced and THEN Sumit might make a better choice the second time around.  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

He and Laura's friend Ludwing need a show.  I bet they'd have all kinds of interesting things to talk about.

• Love 5
On 11/23/2020 at 4:48 PM, AZChristian said:

I'm fully aware of this. She could get the ball rolling though as they both know his parents will never accept this shit. So just get married the way the lawyer said to, and then go in person to the US Embassy and start the fucking ball rolling. Yes it will take time, but India is far more doable for a K1 visa than say, Syria. That's my point. They KNOW this. Ditto Britface, she should KNOW if she really wanted to be with Yazan that he'd have to come to the US, and Jordan is one of the very few Middle Eastern countries that has always enjoyed a very friendly and positive relationship with the US. She could try, but she's just in it for the 15 minutes of famewhoredom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, magemaud said:

Thank you!!!! I do now remember the backstory thanks to you but hadn’t realized/remembered it had gone on for so long. And it also explains why his parents (especially his mom) hate her so much. Doesn’t make them any less detestable ... just understandable.