Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: The Grand Finale/Reunion

• Start Topic

On 10/30/2020 at 12:37 PM, Fallacy said:

I’m still mostly on Team Brett. I don’t think he was hitting on Henry’s friends during the bachelor party. He seemed more interested in whether or not she and Henry really were just friends, but not because he was interested in her, but because his drunken brain was trying to get the real scoop on that relationship. I also think Brett was being his usual sarcastic self. Of course, I also thought that woman was a self righteous bitch, so there’s that. So I don’t see his behavior at the bachelor party as some evidence of what a jerk he is. I also think the entire cast only heard Olivia’s side of the story because Brett isn’t the type to go whine and cry about Olivia to them.  

Watching that scene over again it really hit home for me that Brett was NOT hitting on Henry's friends.  He was drunk and clumsily asking one of Henry's friends whether she and Henry had ever been involved, and then doubted her denial - all stuff pretty much any one of us might have wondered privately but would never ask the person outright.  Jerk for that?  Yeah, but who isn't somewhat of a jerk when that drunk?  And who doesn't get drunk at a bachelor party, especially THEIR OWN?  I think a mountain was made out of a molehill here just to set the stage for Brett being the designated asshole of the season.  They didn't have anyone anywhere near as bad as previous seasons so they felt they had to make him look much worse than he was - not nice, and not fair, IMHO.  Plus we don't even know how badly any of the other guys may have acted but the show conveniently edited it out.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I would be disappointed in Henry for this if I was sure he never discussed his unhappiness with her past relationship with anyone from the show behind the scenes before this, like production or the experts.  But for all we know he may have done so, yet maybe the show was trying to be somewhat kind to Christina by not allowing it to be trotted out for the entire world to see, but only letting it "leak out" at the 11th hour of the final episode.  I think this might explain why Henry was making all these cryptic remarks all season long about her "pattern of dishonesty" without being specific.  The show wouldn't LET him be specific about it, meanwhile he was referring to her past relationship with a married man, which was BASED on dishonesty.  I kind of figured that that's what he was referring to ever since I read about her past in the spoiler thread.  It wasn't just about her being dishonest about where she lived, but that entire former relationship and how dishonest it was in general.  I know that Christina had fights with production and maybe they centered around her not wanting them to make a big deal about this extra-marital affair because of how it might negatively affect her and the other person involved.  She may have actually convinced them to skirt around it, which they did so until the final episode, which is why we never saw Henry address it with anyone until then.

I think he saw a lot more dishonesty than we did. She called herself a "flamboyant liar", or "past" one, which was another lie. I doubt production was willing to help her with anything as she was so rude to them too. He really couldn't talk to her about her behavior w/o her fake crying deflection either. She was only 'contrite' at the reunion because she was basically cornered in public, & I don't feel badly for her because I feel she was fake there too.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I think he saw a lot more dishonesty than we did. She called herself a "flamboyant liar", or "past" one, which was another lie. I doubt production was willing to help her with anything as she was so rude to them too. He really couldn't talk to her about her behavior w/o her fake crying deflection either. She was only 'contrite' at the reunion because she was basically cornered in public, & I don't feel badly for her because I feel she was fake there too.

I wouldn't put it past Christina to threaten them with lawsuits if they broadcasted it, who knows how she got them to do it?  Or maybe Henry himself didn't want to out her about that all the way through and that's why he kept mum, but then finally blurted it out at the end - he did tend to fall on his sword a lot.  He may have talked to her about it when the cameras were off but didn't want to go so far as to discuss it with the experts and have it appear on the show.  He may have been afraid of her too.  She may have threatened HIM if he outed her about it, but then he felt emboldened to mention it after seeing it posted online when the season ended.  He already told the show how she threatened to blackmail him with a phony text message, so she's certainly capable of that.  I just don't assume that he kept quiet about it when the season was filming for any selfish reasons. 

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I wouldn't put it past Christina to threaten them with lawsuits if they broadcasted it, who knows how she got them to do it?  Or maybe Henry himself didn't want to out her about that all the way through and that's why he kept mum, but then finally blurted it out at the end - he did tend to fall on his sword a lot.  He may have talked to her about it when the cameras were off but didn't want to go so far as to discuss it with the experts and have it appear on the show.  He may have been afraid of her too.  She may have threatened HIM if he outed her about it, but then he felt emboldened to mention it after seeing it posted online when the season ended.  He already told the show how she threatened to blackmail him with a phony text message, so she's certainly capable of that.  I just don't assume that he kept quiet about it when the season was filming for any selfish reasons. 

I definitely think he was intimidated by her, very much so actually. I can't believe there are many men she could've pulled this shit on without them immediately calling her out - on camera. Henry was easily bullied, which is why he needed a group of supporters around him to finally 'confront' her.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm married and my husband doesn't let me wear anything. I, like the spouses on MAFS, am a grown ass adult and I choose my own clothes.

Count me as one who loved the way Amani looked. She was casual sexy. I don’t mind the bra less look. It was popular in the 70s.  I’m not shocked by the outline of a nipple. These women, with the possible exception of Karen, can’t sport the look when they get older, so go for it now.  None of them poked vulgar to me.  

As for Woody, those studio lights can be hot. I thought he looked good.  

• Love 3

Perhaps I'm at a table for one, but I still think it's possible Christina did get a text saying Henry's closeted, and I think it's possible he is indeed closeted.  Even Henry said he believed the text was real at first because why else would she think she could hold it over him.  Clearly someone in production was fucking around by sending the cast anonymous texts this season, so I dont think it's out of the realm of possibility.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I actually think Brett was doing that to hide his feelings from appearing on the show - but it's probably not how he would be IRL.  I felt like he was doing that or else he might explode at her in a fit of anger and then really look like the villain they were trying to make him appear to be.  I think he realized that if he did that he would be double screwed in terms of how he would look to the public.  So he just engaged in this passive-aggressive side-swiping behavior instead.  Of course he should have found a way to be more open with her without either exploding or engaging in sarcasm and snark, but I think her constant disapproval of him insulted and angered him, and I really can't blame him for that.  It was a tough situation to be in, I'm sure.

I certainly hope that Brett knows how to share how he feels without exploding in a fit of anger.  If he doesn't then he really shouldn't be married to anybody at this point.

• Love 1

I enjoyed this season to the end. I did disagree with making Brett the villain when it was Christina. Why did she keep weighing in on things? I didn’t need to hear her opinion on Brett. Brett didn’t threaten anyone the way she did. Henry didn’t like her and she was offended so took it too far. 
I also had enough of Amelia and Bennett’s song but do wish them continued happiness. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I certainly hope that Brett knows how to share how he feels without exploding in a fit of anger.  If he doesn't then he really shouldn't be married to anybody at this point.

Well my point was he didn't explode at anyone, so that's moot, but his anger was understandable given how she was so down on him all the time.  I don't think he knew how to approach it without worrying that the show would make him look even worse than it already was.  And I really don't fault him for that.  I think he was between a rock and a hard place because no matter what he did they would find a way to make him look like the bad guy.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Linarina said:

Perhaps I'm at a table for one, but I still think it's possible Christina did get a text saying Henry's closeted, and I think it's possible he is indeed closeted.  Even Henry said he believed the text was real at first because why else would she think she could hold it over him.  Clearly someone in production was fucking around by sending the cast anonymous texts this season, so I dont think it's out of the realm of possibility.

My previous post mentions these scenarios as possible truths.

Henry,  IMO,  was WAY out of line to reveal ChristinA's "five-year affair with a married man." 

First of all, how did Henry find this out?

Secondly, what's it to him, to be so self-righteous as to cast the first stone? 

Thirdly, did he think that being a snitch of private behavior, even if that behavior, though not illegal, was less than admirable, would make him look the better person? 

Finally, maybe the real problem for Henry was that ChristinA simply didn't wear sufficiently "nice shoes" 👠.  MEOW. 🐱

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Well my point was he didn't explode at anyone, so that's moot, but his anger was understandable given how she was so down on him all the time.  I don't think he knew how to approach it without worrying that the show would make him look even worse than it already was.  And I really don't fault him for that.  I think he was between a rock and a hard place because no matter what he did they would find a way to make him look like the bad guy.

I thought Brett was down on Olivia like, "you RENT?"  Whoa Brett.

The only person who made Brett look like a bad guy was Brett.  I can understand why he didn't physically show up at the reunion, but he could have come back for the part with all the couples, I thought that was tacky, kind of a Brandon move.  I thought, "Brett probably thinks he's better than everybody." 

I don't see Brett as a victim of the show or anybody else.  And I think Olivia looked down on him the same way he looked down on her and her life choices.  I guess we should worship King Brett the Saver.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Finally, maybe the real problem for Henry was that ChristinA simply didn't wear sufficiently "nice shoes" 👠.  MEOW. 🐱

Oh I think it’s more than the shoes - he also likes “good hair”, and considering hers was always a mess, or tied up with a weird lace rag, I don’t think she ticked that box either. The reality is that this was over the moment he saw her and he said “she’s tall”...... she could have been super nice, had a lovely apartment in the CBD, been polite to the crew and as patient and honest as all get out, and I still think he wouldn’t have made a move or want to stay married because he just wasn’t ever attracted to her.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

My previous post mentions these scenarios as possible truths.

Henry,  IMO,  was WAY out of line to reveal ChristinA's "five-year affair with a married man." 

First of all, how did Henry find this out?

Secondly, what's it to him, to be so self-righteous as to cast the first stone? 

Thirdly, did he think that being a snitch of private behavior, even if that behavior, though not illegal, was less than admirable, would make him look the better person? 

I thought it was petty AF to say Christina had a five year affair with a married man.  I think Henry found that out because some of Christina's "friends" mentioned that to Henry's friends (sounds like a game of telephone to me).

Henry just seemed petty and catty to me, so here's a double MEOW.😼😼

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I can understand why he didn't physically show up at the reunion, but he could have come back for the part with all the couples, I thought that was tacky, kind of a Brandon move. 

Brett was with the couples when they were standing around having drinks, and he was with them when they gave Amelia and Bennett their farewell.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Brett was with the couples when they were standing around having drinks, and he was with them when they gave Amelia and Bennett their farewell.

I was talking about the finale, in the studio, talking to Kevin Frazier.  

Edited by Neurochick
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I was talking about the finale, in the studio, talking to Kevin Frazier.  

Well, when they were all meeting up outside, it was a bit safer than being in the studio and, do we know the location of the studio? If it was not in NOLA, maybe he didn't want to spend the time traveling if it meant time away from work or was concerned about safe traveling to that location.

• Love 3
Just now, cinsays said:

Well, when they were all meeting up outside, it was a bit safer than being in the studio and, do we know the location of the studio? If it was not in NOLA, maybe he didn't want to spend the time traveling if it meant time away from work or was concerned about safe traveling to that location.

He could have joined them via video, which is what he did in the first part of the show with Kevin Frazier.  I don't think he would have been at risk if he had done that.

14 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Or maybe he saw Kevin Frazier last season and he didn't want to sit there while Kevin goaded the other couples into bashing him.  Kevin is a bitch.

Yeah, and he knew the way he was being portrayed and that the process totally failed him and he wanted no part of that.  I don't see that as him being weak or difficult.  His choice.

• Love 8
On 10/31/2020 at 8:26 PM, Mollypup said:

I really like Henry.  He has some endearing qualities.  But was he really a good fit for this show?  It would have been hard for a lot of women to build a relationship at the pace he needed.  Karen is a good example of this as well.  People who sign up for this experience need to dive in and not hold back.  Neither Henry nor Karen were quite prepared for this.  

I give Karen credit for admitting that on the reunion.  She thought it would be 10× easier and wasn't prepared for how difficult it would be. Henry as much I like him, doesn't seem to have that level of self-awareness.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Or maybe he saw Kevin Frazier last season and he didn't want to sit there while Kevin goaded the other couples into bashing him.  Kevin is a bitch.

So is Brett. 😛

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 1
On 10/31/2020 at 2:19 PM, Leazy said:

My gut instinct is that Henry’s friend Kristin sent the text to Christina. Just to mess with Christina and create more problems in the marriage.

I like it!  And I'd like it even more if you could drag in Trishelle as an accomplish.

On 10/31/2020 at 2:19 PM, Leazy said:

Everyone seems to love Amani and Woody. I must be the only one who can’t stand them. I fast forward through all of their scenes. Amani has one of the most annoying voices (and cadence) I’ve ever heard.

I can see Amani's voice being annoying in real life, but it makes it easy to watch her segments on 1.3 speed and still catch every word.  But if it were even .001% more babyish(?), it would be dealbreaker.  She's pushing that line hard.

There's just something about Woody that bugs me, other than the obvious mugging and shoulder dancing.  I can't quite bring myself to like him.  But then I realized I can't quite bring myself to like Miles, either, because he seems so raw in his emotions.  I don't like Henry for any number of reasons.  Same for Bennett, although that's more of a "not for me" situation.  Which brings me to Brett, and the horrifying prospect that I dislike him the least of anyone.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:32 PM, gingerandcloves said:

I would've loved to see more of New Orleans. I know it probably wasn't possible due to the lockdown, but I sure got sick of seeing ninety thousand shots of the Gotham and practically zero of anywhere else.

And they didn't even live at the Gotham.

• Love 3

They should've shown or explained that they followed safety precautions, quarantined, & tested before meeting up. Just having the "experts" and them together, like the world isn't different isn't right. We don't need to see normal during very different times. It should reflect real life, a respect that covid is around. Then again, this experiment isn't real life. 😞

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Oh I think it’s more than the shoes - he also likes “good hair”, and considering hers was always a mess, or tied up with a weird lace rag, I don’t think she ticked that box either. The reality is that this was over the moment he saw her and he said “she’s tall”...... she could have been super nice, had a lovely apartment in the CBD, been polite to the crew and as patient and honest as all get out, and I still think he wouldn’t have made a move or want to stay married because he just wasn’t ever attracted to her.

Has Henry ever made a move? I don't think he's capable. The woman's gotta do everything! He let "experts" find him a wife. They were supposed do the marriage for him too! While he "sees what happens." 😂

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Has Henry ever made a move? I don't think he's capable. The woman's gotta do everything! He let "experts" find him a wife. They were supposed do the marriage for him too! While he "sees what happens." 😂

Yeah, I don't really understand him. He's very reserved. He has a gaggle of girlfriends, including one who did date him and said he was "boring". I really think he's in love with his "friend" Kristin. I guess we'll see how his love life goes post-MAFS, eh?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, because Kevin Frazier was doing his job.  Brett has no excuse.😣

I don't think Brett needed to sit there and suffer any more abuse. He came, said what he needed to say, and left. If he saw how Kevin bullied Michael last season over Brandon, this was the correct choice, especially if he's aware that he's being treated like this season's vilian. And after watching Christina get raked over the coals, I am glad he left because it was extremely uncomfortable to watch Henry going off on her for what felt like 15 minutes even if she does deserve it.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I don't think Brett needed to sit there and suffer any more abuse. He came, said what he needed to say, and left. If he saw how Kevin bullied Michael last season over Brandon, this was the correct choice, especially if he's aware that he's being treated like this season's vilian. And after watching Christina get raked over the coals, I am glad he left because it was extremely uncomfortable to watch Henry going off on her for what felt like 15 minutes even if she does deserve it.

I think my problem is that I don't see it as bullying.  Just because someone asks you tough questions doesn't mean you're getting bullied IMO.  

Kevin didn't bully Michael, he called him on his nonsense when Michael tried to pull the "black" card.  Kevin reminded Michael that he too is black, so that didn't work with him.  

Years ago people used to just sit and smile and say nothing because they didn't want to make another person look bad, today that's not happening.  IMO that's not bullying.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I think my problem is that I don't see it as bullying.  Just because someone asks you tough questions doesn't mean you're getting bullied IMO.  

Kevin didn't bully Michael, he called him on his nonsense when Michael tried to pull the "black" card.  Kevin reminded Michael that he too is black, so that didn't work with him.  

Years ago people used to just sit and smile and say nothing because they didn't want to make another person look bad, today that's not happening.  IMO that's not bullying.

I think we just have to agree to disagree. When Michael said he didn't want to discuss Brandon, Kevin refused to stop asking him about him which is why he got up and left the stage. That is what I am referring to. It was pretty inappropriate to me because Michael is not Brandon's keeper. He should not have been forced to answer for him and Kevin just would not stop badgering him about it. I realize Michael was pretty awful, but in that instance I felt sorry for him.

Regarding Brett, it starts to feel like bullying because it's 9 people vs. himself, several of whom are vocalizing their dislike. Not just the person he was married to, but also Christina, Henry and Amani as well. That's a lot of piling on. These people do not like him. He knows this. Why would he sit there and suffer their commentary on him? He made a (probably contractually required) appearance, said why the marriage failed and left. He had nothing else to say. They are not his friends. And he has said nothing derogatory about any of them on camera, I might add. Not even Olivia, other than calling her insecure when she was lecturing him for the thousandth time.

I say all of this knowing that you do not like Brett, nor are you the only one who feels this way. He is very abrasive. But he is not a villain, especially compared to some of the other guys and gals that have preceded him in other seasons.

• Love 14
On 11/2/2020 at 4:52 PM, Ilovepie said:

I say all of this knowing that you do not like Brett, nor are you the only one who feels this way. He is very abrasive. But he is not a villain, especially compared to some of the other guys and gals that have preceded him in other seasons.

Maybe it's not that people like Brett, but this show has a habit every season to make someone the villain.  I remember they did that with Shelia a few seasons ago.  They made her look like an "angry black woman" when the reality was that Nate was cheating on her the entire time they were married.  The shoes Dr. Pepper saw in his car (I think it was his car) supposedly belonged to the woman Nate was cheating on Shelia with. 

I think the reason Shelia was made into the villain was because she wouldn't cooperate with the producers, wouldn't give them the emotions they wanted; maybe that happened with Brett too, he wouldn't tell the producers that Oliva really hurt him when she looked down on his home.  

Heck, I still don't like Brett, but he's no jerk like Luke.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe it's not that people like Brett, but this show has a habit every season to make someone the villain.  I remember they did that with Shelia a few seasons ago.  They made her look like an "angry black woman" when the reality was that Nate was cheating on her the entire time they were married.  The shoes Dr. Pepper saw in his car (I think it was his car) supposedly belonged to the woman Nate was cheating on Shelia with. 

I think the reason Shelia was made into the villain was because she wouldn't cooperate with the producers, wouldn't give them the emotions they wanted; maybe that happened with Brett too, he wouldn't tell the producers that Oliva really hurt him when she looked down on his home.  

Heck, I still don't like Brett, but he's no jerk like Luke.  

I totally agree! I think this show has done this to a lot of people, and I do think Brett responds in sarcasm when he is hurt. I wonder how he would have reacted to her apartment if they had gone there first? I really think he needs some therapy to deal with his ex that cheated on him. I also think the cockiness is also a front. He seems pretty intelligent to me, but he is afraid to be vulnerable, and being with Olivia just reinforced that. And I don't think Brett is for everybody - he obviously wasn't for Olivia!

And Sheila got a totally raw deal. Nate was horrid and the show made her look crazy. One of the worst gas lighting edits this show has ever done.

• Love 4

I agree, I don't see why everyone is piling on Brett. He has his issues, certainly, but he's far from the worst person to ever be on this show. Olivia was no prize herself. Although I really just put it down to being a terrible match - they could act completely differently with different spouses. Brett is the designated villain this season, but he doesn't deserve that title.

And I still think ChristinA is a pathological liar.

• Love 8

I'm late to the party didn't watch until last night.

I guess 3 out of 5 isn't bad and the three appear to be really solid. I think Karen and Miles are the shakiest however.

Amelia and Bennett seem like nice people but they take their kookiness to a nearly bizarre level for me. Apparently made for each other though.

I didn't watch the bachelor party show but I heard Brett made an ass of himself. From what I hear that's not exactly unheard of at bachelor parties.

Still the misfires of season 11 seemed easily predictable. Brett is unsuitable for any marriage at the moment. Olivia is by her own admission suitable to marry the right kind of person. Since she clearly knows what she wants in a man and what they are good for why did she let 'experts' pick someone for her. I don't know why she'd do it again doesn't she know they don't just pick whatever you want? Brett even as is would be acceptable if he was earning more, didn't want kids and enjoyed the finer life. I hope Brett doesn't have children, I can't imagine in his current disposition how he could be a father anyone would want.

Christiana in the past must have had great success manipulating people by turning on the water works but I saw it have zero affect on Henry. Probably too much exposure. I could see from the others it wasn't getting much sympathy either. My opinion is she never got such a text. Plan B when the water works didn't accomplish its goal was to use another method of manipulation. No matter how accepting of same sex couples one is you still don't want to be accused of being something you're not. By simply saying you're not gay you make it sound like you have issues with it. Christina was making sure she was politically correct by assuring Henry there was nothing wrong if he was. That's not true it certainly would be wrong to marry someone of a sex you're not attracted to. Henry isn't as phobic or introverted as at times he seems. I'm glad his circle of friends has grown. I hope these guys can encourage Henry to meet the woman of his dreams, he doesn't need a show to do it. He's doing the right thing by not jumping on any of the many woman I'm sure are pounding on his door. I have to hand it to Henry for not becoming physically involved (as far as we know) with Christina. Faults and all I don't think I could have resisted. Water works affects me a few times but not indefinitely. This was a MAFS fail. It wasn't really good for viewing and it had no chance of succeeding. Why don't they drag out the people who select these couples and put them in the hot seat?

Lets have a fan selection season! Weed it down to 20 woman and 20 men then let the fans weed it down to 10 then five each and match them up.

Do you think the couples involved are reading what we write in here? I probably would...

• Love 5

I really don't like Henry.  It was a very dick move at the end of him to bring up her being with a married man.  He clearly wasn't interested in her from the beginning.  Why stick around if you aren't even going to try?  Grow a spine and make a tough decision.  He couldn't even confront her about anything without having a witness there to take his side.  That's a very weak man.  One last thing I don't understand is the blackmailing issue.  Blackmail is done with truth.  So why did he allow her to hold that over his head if it wasn't true?  Is it because he's just that weak or was there some truth involved?  I could understand Henry more if he was 25 but he's 35 and a lot of these social behaviors he should have been working on in his 20's and overcoming in his early 30's but he's pretty much content being socially incompetent.

• Love 3

@TJ N, How do you know what Henry said or didn't say to ChristinA when the cameras weren't there? Are you believing anything she says over what he says? As far as the blackmail thing goes, allegations, whether true or not, remain forever. Look at all the people who were falsely accused during the Me, Too movement or other charges who lost their jobs and families with absolutely no evidence? So, for Henry to be labeled as something he was not would definitely impact his life and he didn't want to have to always explain or make excuses for something not true. I still think that it was a very poor match from the beginning. I think that Henry could have been happy with a different choice and ChristinA would have been happy with a man who thought she was a goddess.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

@TJ N, How do you know what Henry said or didn't say to ChristinA when the cameras weren't there? Are you believing anything she says over what he says? As far as the blackmail thing goes, allegations, whether true or not, remain forever. Look at all the people who were falsely accused during the Me, Too movement or other charges who lost their jobs and families with absolutely no evidence? So, for Henry to be labeled as something he was not would definitely impact his life and he didn't want to have to always explain or make excuses for something not true. I still think that it was a very poor match from the beginning. I think that Henry could have been happy with a different choice and ChristinA would have been happy with a man who thought she was a goddess.

To answer your first question it's because every time Henry confronts ChristinA on the show it's always with witnesses.  He never said basically anything to her on camera and I mean that literally not just talking about confrontation.  He put no effort into their relationship and yet stayed with her the entire time.  He should have left her a long time of go but he was spineless in my opinion.  I didn't see anything on camera to remotely indicate that he had a spine.  

ChristinA is awful but I knew that right from the start.  I give her credit for actually trying in their relationship.  That's a lot better then I ever expected out of her from the start.  She seriously needs counseling but so does Henry.  

The blackmailing just makes zero sense.  She's not a reliable source.  Her word is meaningless.  So what's she really holding over his head?   Nobody believes she's telling the truth so why say your getting blackmailed.  It was just a really weird way to handle that situation.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2020 at 4:12 PM, TJ N said:

The blackmailing just makes zero sense.  She's not a reliable source.  Her word is meaningless.  So what's she really holding over his head?   Nobody believes she's telling the truth so why say your getting blackmailed.  It was just a really weird way to handle that situation.

I think he meant she was trying to blackmail him - as in "Start acting in love with me or I'll tell everyone about this text that says you're gay"

Blackmail only works if the person you are blackmailing goes along with it, but instead Henry told us all about the text himself.

• Love 4

Regarding the blackmail, Henry was the one who mentioned the text, not Christina; so if Henry never mentioned it on camera, would the audience ever have heard it?

Henry made up his mind when he heard Christina was with a married man for five years.  If he felt that way, why the charade?  Why even bother to continue?  Was he afraid of how he'd appear on TV?  Don't get it.

• Love 1

Henry made up his mind when he heard Christina was with a married man for five years.  If he felt that way, why the charade?  Why even bother to continue?  Was he afraid of how he'd appear on TV?  Don't get it.

Maybe he thought he'd learn more about the situation and change his mind? Maybe he felt obligated to the commitment he made to the show and figured he should stick it out?

• Love 6

I think Henry mentioned the whole blackmail scheme because he was giving reasons why he wanted out of the marriage and wasn't going to stay with her. He had a list of several examples, of which, that was a biggie. I don't think he made up his mind at the wedding when he heard about the long affair. I think he was done the minute he saw someone who was no way near petite and she was rude to him when he was trying to talk to her. I don't know if he knew that she forgot his name, but I am sure it wouldn't have surprised him. I hope he finds someone nice and is happy. 

• Love 6
On 11/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

I have to hand it to Henry for not becoming physically involved (as far as we know) with Christina. Faults and all I don't think I could have resisted.

I don't think there was any chance of Henry getting physically involved with her - I think it was over the moment he clapped eyes on her. Based on how he describes his ideal woman (importance of good hair and shoes, a petite Kate Beckinsale), and his own personal fastidiousness to his appearance, I think looks count big time for him and she was nothing that he was attracted to. At all.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I don't think there was any chance of Henry getting physically involved with her - I think it was over the moment he clapped eyes on her. Based on how he describes his ideal woman (importance of good hair and shoes, a petite Kate Beckinsale), and his own personal fastidiousness to his appearance, I think looks count big time for him and she was nothing that he was attracted to. At all.

I don't think Henry is the type to just have sex with a woman because she's willing, or, in this case, begging him. 

• Love 6