Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: The Grand Finale/Reunion

• Start Topic

Kevin: “When you got that message, what did you think?”

Christina: “I thought that Henry must be gay if he wasn’t interested in having sex with me.”

That’s what she should have said.  Henry, you are amazing, buddy.  You escaped this wackadoo woman. 

• Love 11

Miles looking like "Okay Henry! Look at you finding your voice" as Henry is calling out all of Christina's bullshit is giving me life. Woody and Miles just looked at each other like "Peep this!" as Henry called these allegations "laughable" and I cackled.

Edited by Empress1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

Oh Cristina, cry me a river!  It is too late for the fake tears.

I can believe the tears are real if it's true that she was dating a married man and Henry just put that on blast on TV. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Suzy Rhapsody said:

YES!  Woody is Henry’s hype man!  I love it!  😂 

Me too. I think Henry is an introvert who opens up when you get to know him, and it seems like he and Woody have gotten to know each other and bonded. I think that is so cool. They left Miles out of drinks! 

(For real: does COVID not exist in NOLA?)

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I didn't think it was fair for the group to dump on Brett since he wasn't there.   If Brett had been there, at least he could have had an opportunity to apologize for hitting on Henry's friend since he brought it up.  And ChristinA definitely had some nerve talking about someone else's behavior.  It was a dump fest and it gave Olivia a chance to just sit there and look victimized.  

At least ChristinA's getting roasted now.

That reminds me of when Brandon wasn't at the reunion.

• Love 3

Karen is really bothered by the viewer response to her. You can tell. (So is Olivia.) 

"The world will always be invested in your life." In this economy? Nah. Plus there's a new season of the show starting in January, I think.

• Love 9

So season 12 is in Atlanta.  They already did one there.  Is there a reason why they can't do some on the West Coast?   I just checked and the farthest west they've gone is Chicago and Dallas.  

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I don't think Olivia garnered any sympathy for herself when she started screeching about how much Brett was dating and that all her friends were matching up with him on Tinder. She sounded like a woman scorned to me. I don't think I'll miss her.?

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

So season 12 is in Atlanta.  They already did one there and Wikipedia says season 13 will be Houston.  Is there a reason why they can't do some on the West Coast?   I just checked and the farthest west they've gone is Chicago and Dallas.  

I used to live in LA.  The state has tons of laws regarding filming, maybe that is too big of a hurdle to overcome?  

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

Olivia sounded like she might be hinting about getting a do-over. I missed the first part with Brett and Olivia and Woody and Miles, so I’ll have to watch that on demand tomorrow but can anyone share what the “news” was that Woody announced. I’ll really miss most of the crew and I’m glad to see some solid friendships resulting from the show. Love how close Wamani and Kiles are, like three doors down. 

• Love 3
Just now, Meowwww said:

I used to live in LA.  The state has tons of laws regarding filming, maybe that is too big of a hurdle to overcome?  

Perhaps, but what about Seattle, for example?  I know they filmed the first few seasons in NY, NJ and PA but they seem to just go farther down the East coast.  I just think a different location would be more interesting. 

• Love 8

Karen and Miles seem to be thriving now that the cameras are gone. Woody and Amani also seem to be doing great. I'm not surprised that both couples now live just a few footsteps away from each other.  Also thank you producers for choosing black people who don't I've up to the negative stereotypes we usually see on TV (looking at you Bravo).

At first I thought Brett was getting a bad edit like Karen was. However it seems like no one likes him. Olivia just needs to let it go and move on. She can be very annoying at times. 

Henry had his guard up because of what he was told at the reception. Five years is a long time to be in a relationship with a married man. Hell five minutes is too much.  Christina definitely killed her marriage with the whole gay accusation. Karen looked disgusted during that whole conversation. 

• Love 12

Oh geez, I just finished viewing Olivia and Brett's segment. Olivia is delusional. Brett was correct in saying that Olivia just wanted a husband to slide into her already busy life; one who could accompany her on her expensive trips. I'm annoyed with Kevin Fraser because I guess to earn his Lifetime paycheck he has to follow the MAFS narrative and dump on Brett. His "But I know how you acted" comment pissed me off. Olivia, why are you stalking Tinder to see what he's up to? None of your business, chickie, if he wants to date every day of the week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

Olivia, why are you stalking Tinder to see what he's up to?

Another reason I liked Henry this episode (he came off very well overall, IMO) was that he said that when he ends a relationship, he likes to take time completely off to just detox. I firmly believe that the only way to get past a breakup is to cut off contact with the person you broke up with (when possible). If I'm Olivia, I'm telling my friends not to screen-shot me Brett's dating profiles because his dating profiles are none of my business. And if she's on the apps and she comes across him (I've come across exes on the apps before), she needs to swipe left and keep it moving.

• Love 19

Love Kevin Frazier.  He is the best interviewer who gets everything out of them.  Great job.

Im so happy Henry let it all out.  Christina is a vendictive bitch to practically ruin someone’s life with a lie.  She needs lots of therapy

After eight weeks or more of nothing, Karen overnight decided she wanted to sleep with Miles?  I think there was more to that story. Didn’t like her hair tonight.  Don’t care for her either.

Seems lots of people don’t like Olivia.  Everything has to be her way, and she really doesn’t want kids.  Brett had her number on Day 2, so he didn’t even try.

woody is too good to be true.  She’s a lucky woman.

I loved this episode the best out of the whole season.  Every question was answered.  I still don’t understand Karen, but Miles has a smile on his face, so things must be good.

Too many commercials.  Freakin annoying.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, karenbrady said:

Just combed her hair maybe?

She had an ombre kind of thing happening - her dark hair (which is her best feature, IMO) was caramel-colored at the bottom. But she looked the same to me otherwise.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I didn't think it was fair for the group to dump on Brett since he wasn't there.   If Brett had been there, at least he could have had an opportunity to apologize for hitting on Henry's friend since he brought it up.  And ChristinA definitely had some nerve talking about someone else's behavior.  It was a dump fest and it gave Olivia a chance to just sit there and look victimized.  

At least ChristinA's getting roasted now.

Did not like that one bit. The same thing happened at the last group science in the wrap up. Brett is not perfect but it feels like they made him the villian of the season. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I can believe the tears are real if it's true that she was dating a married man and Henry just put that on blast on TV. 

The married man won’t be married once the wife gets a load of this.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Myrtle Urkele said:

Brett is not perfect but it feels like they made him the villian of the season. 

I think that is what the show decided. But, the viewers aren't buying it this time. He may be annoying, but is no Brandon or Michael from last season. Plus, many of us have found ChristinA, Karen, or Olivia to be just as, if not more, unlikeable.

• Love 16

And ChristinA is off to Mexico, pronto.

Do we have any idea what this woman does for money? I know she is supposed to be a flight attendant but it didn't seem like she was working much before COVID shut it down altogether. Now some flights have restarted but she's apparently partying with friends in Mexico instead of working??? How is she paying for that?

• Love 7

Well, it’s over. I just watched the decision and the reunion. Woody made me cry! I wish them a long and happy marriage. I honestly skipped most of Amelia and Bennett on both shows. Their eccentricity is boring at this point. Still, I hope they make it.

Christina is a mess. I noticed Henry is quite popular on Instagram. Yeah, I followed.

Olivia seems so bitter. I do think Brett’s particular personality is a huge turn off for folks but she’s a pill.

Miles and Karen. *sigh* I’m glad he’s having sex. That’s about all I can say. Hopefully there was a lot more to this marriage that we didn’t see.

Olivia shouldn’t feel too bad because Karen isn’t a fan favorite either. Lol. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Agreed. The nipples and side boob were a little much.

Love that Woody has a great relationship with Amani's dad and stepdad since he doesn't have a good one with his own father. He got two bonus dads!

Olivia was furious. She was through with this from the get - you could tell from "how are you, Kevin?" Her tone screamed "I am contractually obligated to be here; let's get this bullshit over with."

She does. They fucked this up; kids/no kids is a fundamental incompatibility. Brett is the one who keeps using the word "compatibility" and he's right - they are not, were not, and will not be compatible. I agree with Brett that Olivia wants someone to slide into her life - I'm remembering how she said she sees her friends every day and talks to her mom every day, and Brett was like "where do I fit in?" It's a valid question. When she says "experience life with her," she means "do the stuff she wants to do."

Her whole "he's dating! That means he's not ready to settle down!" thing makes no sense. You have to date in order to settle down. He is divorced, or getting divorced; he's out there trying to find a person to settle down with. (I think "tell me something positive" is a good opening line. I'd respond to that.) And even if he's not ready to settle down right away, he's allowed to date. He's single now.

The difference in color between Olivia's face and neck is fascinating. They're all shiny though.

Henry is killing it. I was seeing a guy briefly some years ago who told me he was divorced, but he didn't tell me until later that he had only gotten divorced nine months before and his marriage had lasted a decade-plus and ended abruptly (she was cheating). I was like, you are not ready for this at all. So I totally feel him on the concern that she was fairly newly out of a 5-year relationship.

When I tell y'all I HOWLED when Henry said he was "indifferent" about Christina seeing someone ...

Day job, I assume. I doubt very much he makes money as a writer, hence all his side gigs he had in NOLA. No shade to him; it's just hard to make money as a writer. Didn't he say he'd never made more than $20K a year?

I do not like Karen's faux locks. Her face looks great though. She's the only one whose makeup isn't all shiny.

I don't like her faux locs at all.

• Love 3

I wonder what was the time frame between Decision Day and the Reunion, because Olivia is still mightily pissed.  

Clearly some of Christina's wedding guests don't care for her; otherwise they wouldn't have gossiped about her being with a married man at her reception.  Yikes.

Karen and Miles are this season's Jamie and Elizabeth.  In that, viewers couldn't understand why they chose to stay together and yet,  somehow they manage to make it work.   

• Love 13

I can't believe this.  I posted in the "We need to get a divorce" episode this afternoon and forgot to switch over to tonight's Reunion episode.

I couldn't figure out where everybody was.  So I'm bringing my comments over to this thread, lol. 

I burst out laughing when Kevin said that, after he and his wife watched the reunion show and watched Woody give Amani a ring, his wife asked why he wouldn't give her some Woody.

Yes, I'm 12.

Edited by rebel2u
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Sounds like Miles finally told Karen that things were not ok--ie, put Karen in her place, which is what she said she wanted from a man--and then she decided she liked him after all.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Did Karen and/or Miles verbally state that they've had sex? Did I miss it? I do not like Karen's look. She still puts me to sleep and I just don't see any magic with those two but I wish them well. Armani, your side boob had me NERVOUS girl. I was stressed out for you. Lol. Best to you and Woody! Amelia & Bennet doing the most as usual. *Sigh*.

• Love 2

How come Kevin gave Brett a hard time---I can tell you how you acted!  Do you want to know how you acted? (I'm paraphrasing) -- and let ChristinA skate?  Boo!  Hoping we get more info on her actions--admitting she used to be a flamboyant liar, more info on the phone call she received stating Henry was gay, more info on her rudeness to the crew--when they have everyone together.

• Love 3

So Karen said that on Instagram, Miles was sharing more than she's accustomed to.  I knew it!  And I agree with @rebel2u that Miles finally put her in her place, or at least what she considers being put in her place, which turned out to be blessedly benign.

3 hours ago, TheMediumBopper said:

Watching Olivia's neck and upper chest turn redder and redder was pretty fascinating. I was waiting for her to burst into flames on the couch.

Yet her neck didn't have a bit of red when she said "I wish him the best," which means she actually said it much earlier in the interview than where they spliced it in.

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

This song is stupid... please staaahp.

Yet the one that Amelia wrote in an early episode was lovely.  So maybe she should stick to writing solo.

Plus, was that a theremin?  (Normally, I'd say, "That can't be a theremin, can it?"  But we're talking Amelia and Bennett and the possessions they deemed important enough for their small apartment.)

1 hour ago, karenbrady said:

Same Christina, same chins. Just combed her hair maybe?

Not well enough to get that one piece unstuck from her eyelid, so that lock moved ever time she blinked.  My eyelids have gotten baggy and I can't stand it when just one hair gets caught in there--I can't imagine a whole section of my bangs.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Perhaps, but what about Seattle, for example?  I know they filmed the first few seasons in NY, NJ and PA but they seem to just go farther down the East coast.  I just think a different location would be more interesting. 

There are also a lot of other cities in the West. Portland, Denver, Phoenix, Las Vegas, etc. Most of these bigger than New Orleans, so that can't be the issue. In fact, just looked it up. All those metro areas are bigger. Phoenix and Denver are 10th and 19th, respectively, by population in their metro areas. New Orleans is all the way down at 45 (though I get there are other reasons that New Orleans would be an attractive filming choice). So yeah, they should branch out a little.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

So that's what was missing- Karen just wanted him to be real.

I think we may have had a Deonna and Greg situation here. I remember her being labeled as cold and not appreciative of Greg but after filming things went great and they are still together. Some of these people just can't handle the cameras and lack of privacy. I will forever not shed a tear for them because they signed up for a tv show.

Edited by Racj82
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

The group scenes were fun. Amelia and Bennett's song was terrible. The timeline seems to be decision day at month four and reunion at month six.

For whatever reason Miles prefers Karen to the options presented in his DMs. They appear happier than they were most of the rest of the season. 

Amani changed her honeymoon stance about peeing in the shower.  

Woody is such a great guy that he checks up on everyone including Brett! Instead of Woody and Amani spin off, I might prefer a Drinks with Woody and Henry spin off. Or a Woody focused spin off with Amani as a supporting character. We could see Woody at the barbershop, hanging with Henry, Miles, Amani's dads, or his grandmother. Or a MAFS Second Chances with Henry and Olivia. Woody and Amani could make guest appearances.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I think we may have had a Deonna and Greg situation here. I remember her being labeled as cold and not appreciative of Greg but after filming things went great and they are still together. Some of these people just can't handle the cameras and lack of privacy. 

Yes. I saw a lot of myself in Deonna and rooted for her/them on the off chance that Greg was the great guy everyone else thought he was. They've done a few podcasts and YouTube interviews. Deonna is warm, funny, and engaging. So, Karen may get better with a little more distance from this initial run of the show, too. 

2 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Everyone keeps saying that Olivia only wants Brett to do what she wants to do.  If the “experts” had given any consideration to what Olivia told them she wanted in a partner, she would be married to someone who enjoys the same things she does. 

Agree. We don't have enough evidence to know how Olivia would have responded if she'd been paired with a less sarcastic man who was open to travel and football games.

The criticism is also that once Olivia realized she didn't get what she wanted, she should have made more effort to adapt. Even though she was put off by his personality and his actions as much as she was by the fact that he wasn't what she asked for. Sorta like Henry with Christina. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Amen! Everyone seems down on Olivia and her perceived attitude. She would be a completely different person if she had a dream match like some MAFS get. She knew they would give her either: 1) a perfect match (like Bennett/Amelia, Woody/Amani, Bobby/Danielle, Keith/Kristine) or 2) mismatch her terribly for show drama. She has every right to be angry. They effed up her life for ratings. She took a huge chance with her life, a huge chance for a perfect partner. And she got Brett.

Bragging about all his dating prior to the show, creepily hitting on women while engaged to Olivia, and didn’t skip a beat jumping back on every dating app there is (his own words). He was and is a serial dater.

Everyone keeps saying that Olivia only wants Brett to do what she wants to do.  If the “experts” had given any consideration to what Olivia told them she wanted in a partner, she would be married to someone who enjoys the same things she does. She told them she wanted someone to travel with, someone who wanted to create & enjoy the same kind of life experiences she does, someone who is social and enjoys hanging out with friends, and maybe even (gasp) spend more than $6.99 on a bottle of wine. These two are soooo far apart in what they want in life, what they enjoy doing, and their basic personality. They really fucked Olivia. They wasted a huge chunk of her life. Now she has a divorce in her history. And now everyone gets to pick her apart on social media and make her feel like 💩. Lovely.

Brett was an asshole the whole time because that’s who he is. The other MAFS saw it from the beginning and didn’t care for him. It started when he was hitting on every woman he saw before the wedding. He always has a smartass, sarcastic reply to people and he is not capable of having a serious conversation. He acts like every conversation is a jousting match where he gets points for all the little stingers he can deliver, and for each question he can avoid answering honestly. He personally attacked Olivia’s character for asking him to clarify his answers and feelings when he was obviously trying to, yet again, get his kicks from being difficult. He wasn’t even capable of interacting with her friends so he was an ass to them, too. He’s basically an ass to everyone.

I agree with all of this.  I don't understand why Olivia gets hate for wanting to marry someone who enjoys the same things she enjoys.  Don't we all want that in a relationship?  She got nothing she wanted, and a smart-ass to boot.  

• Love 14

Man alive, Olivia is one bitter bitch. I have no problem calling her that since she had no problem calling Brett an asshole repeatedly. And for what? Recognizing that they were mismatched and incompatible? She knew it too, yet it’s his fault? I think she’s mad because he’s not upset it didn’t work out, and he refused to play the MAFS game. Who she should really be mad at is the producers and experts who matched them both with the absolute wrong person ON PURPOSE.

Christina might be a piece of work, but this woman bugs me more because of her self righteous attitude. I don’t blame Brett for leaving - what was left for him but more crap from Olivia and the rest of them? It’s not a good look for any of them to sit there trash talking Brett. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Rhiannon Hunter said:

The group scenes were fun. Amelia and Bennett's song was terrible. The timeline seems to be decision day at month four and reunion at month six.

For whatever reason Miles prefers Karen to the options presented in his DMs. They appear happier than they were most of the rest of the season. 

Amani changed her honeymoon stance about peeing in the shower.  

Woody is such a great guy that he checks up on everyone including Brett! Instead of Woody and Amani spin off, I might prefer a Drinks with Woody and Henry spin off. Or a Woody focused spin off with Amani as a supporting character. We could see Woody at the barbershop, hanging with Henry, Miles, Amani's dads, or his grandmother. Or a MAFS Second Chances with Henry and Olivia. Woody and Amani could make guest appearances.

I would so watch "Life With Woody"! Or "Mr. Randall's Neighborhood"! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Amen! Everyone seems down on Olivia and her perceived attitude. She would be a completely different person if she had a dream match like some MAFS get. She knew they would give her either: 1) a perfect match (like Bennett/Amelia, Woody/Amani, Bobby/Danielle, Keith/Kristine) or 2) mismatch her terribly for show drama. She has every right to be angry. They effed up her life for ratings. She took a huge chance with her life, a huge chance for a perfect partner. And she got Brett.

Bragging about all his dating prior to the show, creepily hitting on women while engaged to Olivia, and didn’t skip a beat jumping back on every dating app there is (his own words). He was and is a serial dater.

Everyone keeps saying that Olivia only wants Brett to do what she wants to do.  If the “experts” had given any consideration to what Olivia told them she wanted in a partner, she would be married to someone who enjoys the same things she does. She told them she wanted someone to travel with, someone who wanted to create & enjoy the same kind of life experiences she does, someone who is social and enjoys hanging out with friends, and maybe even (gasp) spend more than $6.99 on a bottle of wine. These two are soooo far apart in what they want in life, what they enjoy doing, and their basic personality. They really fucked Olivia. They wasted a huge chunk of her life. Now she has a divorce in her history. And now everyone gets to pick her apart on social media and make her feel like 💩. Lovely.

Brett was an asshole the whole time because that’s who he is. The other MAFS saw it from the beginning and didn’t care for him. It started when he was hitting on every woman he saw before the wedding. He always has a smartass, sarcastic reply to people and he is not capable of having a serious conversation. He acts like every conversation is a jousting match where he gets points for all the little stingers he can deliver, and for each question he can avoid answering honestly. He personally attacked Olivia’s character for asking him to clarify his answers and feelings when he was obviously trying to, yet again, get his kicks from being difficult. He wasn’t even capable of interacting with her friends so he was an ass to them, too. He’s basically an ass to everyone.

And yet Brett never called anyone a name on tv. He was never shown being asked what he thought of Amani or Miles. He seemed pretty respectful of Olivia, even when he was trying to defend his point of view. Was he blunt? Perhaps.  She was very insistent and didn't seem capable (by what we were shown) of enjoying much.  I really think she was very disappointed by the amount of money he earns. IMO. 

I think he was set  up to be the "bad boy" of the series, but I'm not buying it. 

• Love 24