Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E37: Finale

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, candall said:

It was funny when Enzo was asked about his plans to spend the money and he reverently referred to his beloved children.  I'm pretty sure I've heard him mention a big screen tv on more than one occasion.

And don't forget the bidet he was going to buy if he won the 10K luxury comp.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Not just you.   His finale outfit looked like he borrowed it from Dani - right down to the shoes.   When she told him, "I like your cardigan." I thought, "probably because it's yours Dani.  Clothes you left behind when evicted."  

That’s probably exactly what Dani thought as well - and was trying to communicate to Cody in a very passive-aggressive (i.e., very Dani) kind of way. 😆

1 hour ago, springbarb said:

It's hard to judge the game when nothing went wrong.

IMHO this is the best single-sentence sum-up of this entire season.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

And at the end we saw how the eviction interviews should have been done.  Julie Chen on screen, meaning no masks needed.

After watching all the evictees wear masks for their interviews with Julie all season, it finally occurred to me last night that they didn't need to be.  Julie should've been the one wearing one.  They were all cooped up in a covid-free house and masks supposedly don't protect the wearer, but others.  I'm sure Julie's been out in the world.  She should've been wearing the mask!

• Love 18
2 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Which would have been far more interesting, from our viewer perspective.

Maybe from your perspective, but I was delighted to see Cody win in a landslide. He made a great choice to take Enzo and it paid off. And Enzo (who I like) should be happy. 

On another note: I am having severe BB withdrawals which is weird because I hardly watched the feeds and skipped a few episodes because as it ran it was so boring for me. 

There is something psychological that goes on with me: These nuts must get inside my head in some way because when the show ends, I feel "loss." It passes in a few days every year, but this year for some reason I cannot get them out of my head and miss them. How is that even possible? Does anybody else experience this phenomenon? 

ETA: I don't understand all the snark above. It is not easy to be cooped up in a house with so many other people and I know my worst sides would come out. I think these HGs on BB get over analyzed. My worse complaint as the season ran was that it was boring. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
added content
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

After watching all the evictees wear masks for their interviews with Julie all season, it finally occurred to me last night that they didn't need to be.  Julie should've been the one wearing one.  They were all cooped up in a covid-free house and masks supposedly don't protect the wearer, but others.  I'm sure Julie's been out in the world.  She should've been wearing the mask!

I think we've been regularly saying this every episode!  It's really egregious.

• Love 6

3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think we've been regularly saying this every episode!  It's really egregious.

Ah, ok!  I just got on the BB board last week, so didn't know it had been talked about.  Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

Maybe from your perspective, but I was delighted to see Cody win in a landslide. He made a great choice to take Enzo and it paid off. And Enzo (who I like) should be happy. 

On another note: I am having severe BB withdrawals which is weird because I hardly watched the feeds and skipped a few episodes because as it ran it was so boring for me. 

There is something psychological that goes on with me: These nuts must get inside my head in some way because when the show ends, I feel "loss." It passes in a few days every year, but this year for some reason I cannot get them out of my head and miss them. How is that even possible? Does anybody else experience this phenomenon? 

ETA: I don't understand all the snark above. It is not easy to be cooped up in a house with so many other people and I know my worst sides would come out. I think these HGs on BB get over analyzed. My worse complaint as the season ran was that it was boring. 

But you said it was boring to you, Enzo contributed to that by playing for second/third place and giving Cody all the information he needed.  And 'boring' in an entertainment show is really an important flaw.

I'm not one of those who hates people for comments in the house, it's a game.  But I do prefer entertainment in reality shows, and in Big Brother that means people making moves rather than just talking about making moves.  And I'm not interested in external stories, I prefer it where all contestants start level at the first episode.

• Love 5

I was really hoping for a tiebreaker question at least in one comp that had to guess the number of rubber duckies.... hopefully they all go to a good home...

Enzo and his bro-yo tirade, I like Enzo, but that self pity crap he was pulling made me want to slap him down a few exits on the turnpike. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I think these HGs on BB get over analyzed.

Of course they are!  That’s half the fun!  Heck, read most of the comments in the Live Feeds thread and you’ll think the BB House has been home to more sociopaths than the SuperMax prison in Florence, CO.    😄

Edited by Nashville
Merge didn’t work
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Just read Enzo’s exit interview...he comes off a bit delusional. He thinks that Nicole did nothing in the game, that he would’ve beaten her. And he says that he would’ve voted for her anyway had Cody cut him because he was going to be “petty” this time.... his words. 

I like Enzo well enough, but outside of understanding that he’s awful at comps, he doesn’t have a great grasp on reality. I couldn’t help but laugh at his comment about getting to the end with 20 year olds.....says the person who got out Kaysar (hardly a super athletic young buck) and didn’t align with any of the older players in the house, other than Memphis. Please! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Yes! It was fascinating! 

Is it just me or did Cody look awful at the beginning? Huge circles under his eyes. I've never seen a more miserable final three. 

I thought he looked nervous as all hell ! And that made him look a bit sickly. I think he wasn't sure he made the right call by cutting Nicole, but it turns out it was the right move by  long way. Nicole might have gotten a few votes & made him sweat it out even more. I still think he would have won, but he doesn't have our prospective or all the info that we have to call the winner. And yet, we the viewers still get it wrong sometimes. It's just this season seemed like such a blowout, at least it did to me.

I guess he's not the worst winner by any means, but it sure seems like he had smooth sailing to the win. Of course, he thinks it took a lot of work, and it did kind of, but we saw everyone protecting him and that he was never even considered for the block, so yeah, he had it pretty good.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

But you said it was boring to you, Enzo contributed to that by playing for second/third place and giving Cody all the information he needed.  And 'boring' in an entertainment show is really an important flaw.

I'm not one of those who hates people for comments in the house, it's a game.  But I do prefer entertainment in reality shows, and in Big Brother that means people making moves rather than just talking about making moves.  And I'm not interested in external stories, I prefer it where all contestants start level at the first episode.

Yes I did say it was boring and I skipped many episodes. That is what makes my withdrawal such a phenomenon with me. I miss the people who I had the option of seeing for many weeks. I suppose it is like having a neighbor (who you not too often interacted with) who lives next to you for many years and one day they move away. I feel the loss of something that was never even really a part of my life. I am unable to understand the feeling myself. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, dolphincorn said:

Thanks for all the great posts this season. I usually participate, but this really was the most boring season ever. What really frustrated me, though, was that three women who could have mopped the floor with the guys played the same dumb game they always play by handing power back to the guys. Cody, Tyler and Memphis shouldn't have been anywhere near the finale.

Wake me up when an all-female alliance actually accomplishes something in this game. Of course, that would mean the casting director would have to stop casting women who would take a showmance over a victory playing the game. Both times I auditioned in-person for BB Canada, one of the first questions I was asked was "How do you feel about showmances?"

I feel the same. There were so many times the women could have teamed up to become a viable threat, but, as happens every season, they chose not to and allowed the menfolk to dictate their games until they were no longer useful, at which point they were tossed aside, discarded like an old pair of shoes.

I think you, me, and many other viewers are going to be waiting a long time for a worthwhile all-female alliance.

Haven't bothered with the finale, I've barely watched anything Big Brother-related for the past month (the last eviction episode I watched live was Da'Vonne's) and, as predicted, this season has death-crawled to its drearily inevitable conclusion. Cody wins, Nicole doesn't. Enzo bros and yos. I don't think I missed much. At least this week's episodes will clear up 3 hours on the PVR.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I was really hoping for a tiebreaker question at least in one comp that had to guess the number of rubber duckies.... hopefully they all go to a good home...

Enzo took 2 for his kids. So along with Moolan, they have the start of a great plastic barnyard.

I also saw a few more empty spots where ducks used to be, so he wasn’t the only one to pocket 1 or 2.  As for the rest, coming soon to a shooting gallery near you! 

Edited by 30 Helens

I saw Nicole on RHAP (which I kind of shocked by) and, she was still upset. She didn’t sugar coat it. She was pissed and said while she’ll get over it she doesn’t seem to be in a rush to see him again. It never occurred to her that he wouldn’t take her because he never let on. She said he totally played on that. While the season sucked the ending was somewhat exciting. Cody and Enzo got money and Nicole will have to live on her entry 40k, stipend and the other 10k she won (I think that’s right). 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I saw Nicole on RHAP (which I kind of shocked by) and, she was still upset. She didn’t sugar coat it. She was pissed and said while she’ll get over it she doesn’t seem to be in a rush to see him again. It never occurred to her that he wouldn’t take her because he never let on. She said he totally played on that. While the season sucked the ending was somewhat exciting. Cody and Enzo got money and Nicole will have to live on her entry 40k, stipend and the other 10k she won (I think that’s right). 

See the thing is ... I don't think she would have taken him either. She says she would have but I don't think so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

See the thing is ... I don't think she would have taken him either. She says she would have but I don't think so.

True. She did say if she had taken Enzo and lost she would have died. I guess if she was going to lose she wanted it to be Cody since she was closer to him. Of course, Cody cut her so maybe they weren’t that close. LOL!!!!

• Love 1

Nicole says:

You looked shell-shocked when Cody voted you out. What was going through your mind and what sort of emotions were you feeling when he sent you out of the house?

You know, I was so hurt and it's so crazy to say because him and I got so close this season and he was like a brother to me. It just hurts. [Begins crying]

I can hear that it still hurts. I mean, you, you were so emotional even before he made the announcement. We were at a commercial break, so we didn’t see what happened, but did he tell you before he made the official announcement on TV?

Yeah. All he said was, he's crying, like “I don't want to blindside you.” And I looked at him and I said, “You're joking, right?” I would never have done this to you.” And he goes, “I know, I know.” And that was it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, willco said:

I guess he's not the worst winner by any means, but it sure seems like he had smooth sailing to the win. Of course, he thinks it took a lot of work, and it did kind of, but we saw everyone protecting him and that he was never even considered for the block, so yeah, he had it pretty good.

You're right about protectiveness, but his comp wins were crazy.  I couldn't do what he did.  Also , how does he have such a good memory that it's better than anyone else's?  And Nicole has played 3 times?  Her performance against him was kind of shameful.  He was the best at competitions by a mile.  Some people might not respect that, but considering I've only seen 2 or 3 halves of BB seasons before this one, I'm pretty impressed.

9 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Nicole says:

Ohhhhhhhhhh I don't believe any of that.   (I know you agree!)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

You're right about protectiveness, but his comp wins were crazy.  I couldn't do what he did.  Also , how does he have such a good memory that it's better than anyone else's?  And Nicole has played 3 times?  Her performance against him was kind of shameful.  He was the best at competitions by a mile.  Some people might not respect that, but considering I've only seen 2 or 3 halves of BB seasons before this one, I'm pretty impressed.

It’s not that he just won comps but that he won them in minutes. He even smoked Tyler. Enzo I could understand but with Tyler in there it’s amazing. The Part 2 comp took him 4 minutes +. It takes a minute or two to just get to the stairs from the back of the stage. WTH?!?! It’s simply incredible.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It’s not that he just won comps but that he won them in minutes. He even smoked Tyler. Enzo I could understand but with Tyler in there it’s amazing. The Part 2 comp took him 4 minutes +. It takes a minute or two to just get to the stairs from the back of the stage. WTH?!?! It’s simply incredible.

Yeah, I admit I don't remember the Tyler stuff already.  Is Tyler really good at comps?  The 40 minutes versus 4 minutes thing with Enzo though in the finale..... my goodness.  How are you THAT bad?  But if I tried to run like Cody did, I would have passed out so who am I to talk.

• Love 3

I liked Enzo okay up until the finale. Then he just wouldn’t shut up. And he kept saying “Yo.” Ugh. I’d rather listen to Cody say “like” every other word than listen to Sir Yos-a-lot.

Cody deserved to win. And I want to thank him for cutting Nicole (even though that meant more Enzo, yo).  The memory of her tears and pouty face will make me smile for months. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Also , how does he have such a good memory that it's better than anyone else’s?

He studied like crazy. Night after night, he was going through stats in his head, repeating them over and over until they became as readily retrievable as his own name. So that is something he really worked for and I have to give him props for that. Incidentally, he tried to tutor Enzo on how to study (and the importance of doing it), but Enzo didn’t have the patience. Not that it really mattered in the end, since Enzo didn’t compete in the memory comp. I saw Nicole running through stats, but not as often. Cody was definitely the most disciplined in that regard.

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I saw Nicole on RHAP (which I kind of shocked by) and, she was still upset. She didn’t sugar coat it. She was pissed and said while she’ll get over it she doesn’t seem to be in a rush to see him again. It never occurred to her that he wouldn’t take her because he never let on. 

This really shouldn’t delight me as much as it does.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I would love to know more about Enzo's back story. He has 3 kids and seems to have custody of all of them. Was he married with no kids when he was on BB the first time? 

What is RHAP?

I only know of 2 kids. I believe his ex wife has primary custody, but I’m not sure. He was married the first time he played, but has since divorced. They seem to be on good terms, based on how he spoke of her while in the BB house. When Enzo entered the house this time, he complained (probably jokingly) about the lack of single women, since he was single and could actually have a showmance this time.  Based on their current appearance, I think he had one kid when he first played and had another in the interim.

RHAP= Rob Has A Podcast. Hosted by Rob Cesternino, former Survivor contestant.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Nah Julie is the ChenBot.  Human viruses do not effect her.  After every show she is put behind a containment field and plugged into a outlet to recharge until the next time we see her.

• LOL 9

I started tuning out towards the end of this season, but whatever became of Dr. Will "moving in next door?" Did they ever even show him again after that first time? Or did that completely fizzle out as a big nothing burger after that one appearance he made on the balcony? Usually he comes and mediates the final jury discussion every season. He didn't even end up doing that, did he?

• LOL 4
23 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I saw Nicole on RHAP (which I kind of shocked by) and, she was still upset. She didn’t sugar coat it. She was pissed and said while she’ll get over it she doesn’t seem to be in a rush to see him again. It never occurred to her that he wouldn’t take her because he never let on. She said he totally played on that. 

Ok... I guess Cody does deserve the win then, if for no other reason than he now belongs to that exclusive cadre of HGs who had a secret and kept it secret throughout an entire season - and believe me, the membership roster in THAT club is still in the single digits.

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I started tuning out towards the end of this season, but whatever became of Dr. Will "moving in next door?"

Dr. Will took one look at his “neighbors”, and moved right the fuck back out.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

what kind of bothered me is the emphasis that was placed on the advantage of being first HOH and making alliances.  As you may remember, Cody went after another person when the stars were still wobbling and so was able to get thru fast.  after his run, they didn't let the next person go until the wobbling stopped.  

• Love 9
On 10/29/2020 at 10:06 AM, Samwise979 said:

I'll be shallow and say I like skinny jeans on tall guys of a certain build (see Cody as a perfect example 🤤😍)

Cody isn't that tall though? I do think he looked cute though 😍

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I had to google it lmao. He's 5'8". Since I'm 5'3" I guess he's tall to me. Either way, he looks good. 

I think his nutso brother Paulie is shorter. (Google said Cody is 5'10" while Paulie is 5'9" which means 5'8" and 5'7".) In any event, Nicole played her game like Dawn from Survivor: Caramoan and she didn't win and I'm happy about it. Crocodile tears while filling up the jury pool can be entertaining to watch (See BB2 Nicole and BB17 Vanessa Rousso) but both Dawn and Nicole were so damn self-righteous about it that killed the entertainment value. Too bad we didn't get to see the jury question her, although the Big Brother jury questioning is never as good as Survivor questioning. 

• Love 4
On 10/29/2020 at 12:12 AM, LoveLeigh said:

I am happy Cody won. I am happy because he made the right f2 choice to make sure he won. And that counts for a lot. I think choosing Nicole would have been a close split vote. And Nicole already won money; Enzo needed the money more. I like Enzo, I am glad he did not go home empty handed. 

Oh please the Production Pet had it wrapped up from the first week. So many dumbmotherfuckers kept him in when he shouldve been a big target easily making F2 the last time in one of the most boring seasons ever. No surprise this season sucked hard as well. Cody Nicole and Enzo shouldve never been allowed near F3. 

On 10/28/2020 at 11:48 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

That couldn't have gone any better.  I'm happy.  This is the first season of this show I've watched all the way through.  Honestly, I enjoyed it and I think I would try next season.

I would have voted for David for "Favourite Houseguest".  I know nobody on the planet agrees with me, but honestly, he was my fave!  Good for Da'Vonne and I find Tyler really likeable too.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 11.49.16 PM.png

I honestly think he looks hot AF

Meanwhile this boring trash season probably broke me of watching BB. Two straight boring as shit seasons watching 2 unlikable arrogant Assholes coast to wins cause The Showrunner just loves her Douchebag Assholes

On 10/29/2020 at 2:35 AM, ByaNose said:

Why are Cody’s shoes & skinny jeans are showing up in my feeds from the woman’s section? Just asking. Congratulations to Cody & made the ending so much better voting out Nicole. Bad season.....good ending. See you next year!

Season was still bad ending cause Cody won