Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E37: Finale

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

What a truly boring season this was.And,yes, Enzo we WERE laughing at you - I thought that’s what you wanted.

I was not laughing at him. He is naturally funny. That is hard to pull off. I think they were laughing because his comedy shtik is priceless. 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

It’s exhausting listening to Enzo, would drive me up the wall cooped up with him for 3 months. I’d give Cody the win just for his patience with Enzo.

Yes...I think Cody deserved the win for just dealing with him and Nicole for so long. They are both exhausting. 

It was an awful season but a surprisingly satisfying finale. I loved seeing Enzo go down 9-0. He didn’t deserve any votes. I’m lukewarm on Cody -can take or leave him - but he definitely deserved the win, IMO, and seeing him cut Nicole.....yes! That was the only suspenseful moment of the whole season. Loved that Day got AFP!

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

RIP to the OTEV curse. You held on for 14 years but you just couldn't make it to 15. I'll miss you, buddy.

If David hadn't gone for the $$, Cody probably would still have won the whole game, but the curse would be standing as he would've been first out.  David truly is the Disruptor!  

Speaking of which, why wasn't his comic The Disruptor?  That would have made more sense than David and Goliath.  Was it still supposed to be a secret that he won that power?  More importantly, Why do I care??  The season is over.  I am FREE!

Edited by leocadia
Clarification
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Maya said:

This is the first season I’ve watched. Is that voting wheel always a crappy piece of cardboard or is that a covid thing? 

That's the finale version of the key wheel and yes. They used to use a key wheel to do nominations every week: the HoH would put the keys of the HGs into the wheel and the two keys that weren't in there were the week's nominees. It was a production because the HoH would pull the first key, say "(HGs name), you're safe", spin the key wheel on the lazy susan that used to be part of the dining room table, that person would thank the HoH and put the key around their neck, and then pull the next key, and so on and so forth. Now we have the Bluetooth Wall of Doom and Bad Pictures. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I loved seeing Enzo go down 9-0. He didn’t deserve any votes.

To be fair to Enzo - when he got up this morning, I fully expect the very LAST fucking thing he thought he would be doing this evening was making a F2 pitch to the Jury.  Enzo didn’t even have a serious contingency speech prepared.

4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That's the finale version of the key wheel and yes. They used to use a key wheel to do nominations every week: the HoH would put the keys of the HGs into the wheel and the two keys that weren't in there were the week's nominees. It was a production because the HoH would pull the first key, say "(HGs name), you're safe", spin the key wheel on the lazy susan that used to be part of the dining room table, that person would thank the HoH and put the key around their neck, and then pull the next key, and so on and so forth. Now we have the Bluetooth Wall of Doom and Bad Pictures. 

God, I still miss the Cheese Wheel of Doom. Sometimes you could tell SOOOO much just from the order in which the HoH had arranged for the keys to be withdrawn....

Edited by Nashville
Typo, grammar
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

God, I still miss the Cheese Wheel of Doom. Sometimes you could tell SOOOO much just from the order in which the HoH had arranged for the keys to be withdrawn....

It could be such a strategic tool but unfortunately, only 1 in 19 HGs were smart enough to figure it out. I just miss watching them all try to walk it in and out of the room. It was massive and heavy and Franzel would have cried for a big, strong man to carry it for her. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Was Julie wearing Janelle’s bracelets that she wore every day in the house? She had the same teal Hermès bracelet and 2 beaded bracelets. Did Janelle leave them there? Anyone else notice this? Speaking of, WHAT was... KevinDaniNicoleCody... erm, EVERYone wearing? Like they all had an existential crisis at the same time. Ian in a barn jacket? 😂 twice? 

oh and yay Cody. He deserved it. 

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

So Cody wins, surprising no one. What a boring season. Hate that DaVonne won AFP, yelling loudly doesn’t make you right. She was my least favorite player.

Huh. I don’t remember Da’vonne yelling that much.

• Love 15

So that happened...was there anyone in the known universe who didn't see that coming? It was a foregone conclusion from the very first episode and we were all dragged along kicking and screaming until the bitter end. One of the worst final two the show has ever produced. The Annointed one and his stooge.

Only two things made tonight's slog bearable.

Kaysar and Janelle! At least somewhere out there is a universe where one of them was the winner tonight and Cody was voted out first.

Second: Nicole's expression and body language from the moment she joined the jury was PRICELESS...it was the most human reaction I think I have ever seen on the show...the stunned aftermath of a complete betrayal. I bet she's kicking herself right now for not casting a vote for Enzo and denying Cody getting to crow about a unanimous win.

Enzo will go down in the books as having the worst jury performance in BB history...saying he should win while giving credit to Cody. To think this man child is 42 years old and is responsible for  young children (which by his account only recently became "humans". I hope we never have to see him again. Ever.

Finally I am dumbfounded that Alison Grodner did not drag out either one of her pets to host the "Camera Hog" because that descirbes Paul and Franke Grande to a "T"

Not one single returning player next year...not one...that's all I'm asking for. Please.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Enzo will go down in the books as having the worst jury performance in BB history

That's impossible because "I'm GinaMarie. You know me, I'm just GinaMarie and I can only be the best GinaMarie that I can be!" will never be dethroned. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

That couldn't have gone any better.  I'm happy.  This is the first season of this show I've watched all the way through.  Honestly, I enjoyed it and I think I would try next season.

I would have voted for David for "Favourite Houseguest".  I know nobody on the planet agrees with me, but honestly, he was my fave!  Good for Da'Vonne and I find Tyler really likeable too.

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Kevin's line is Sporty Blanketwear.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 11.49.16 PM.png

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Cody really is emotional, not faking it. He was shaking.

Yes, the jeggings do look stupid.

I honestly think he looks hot AF

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Cody deserves to win after having to spend the last half hour alone with Enzo.

He did Jury management AND Enzo management

How much money does 3rd place get?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

I am happy Cody won. I am happy because he made the right f2 choice to make sure he won. And that counts for a lot. I think choosing Nicole would have been a close split vote. And Nicole already won money; Enzo needed the money more. I like Enzo, I am glad he did not go home empty handed. 

• Love 11

My thoughts on this finale:

1. Having suffered through Crying Nicole all season, I feel this last round of tears was a well earned gift. Thank you, Nicole, for giving the fans what they really needed.

2. I was really pulling for Enzo to win, but after that horrible jury performance, I would have voted for Cody, too. “It was really easy for me, even easier than last time.” “I sat back while Cody did everything”, or words to that effect.  Good grief, Charlie Brown.  I actually think Enzo had a good case for winning, but clearly he was not the best one to present it.

3. “They were laughing at me! Were they laughing because I suck?” Thank you, Enzo, for Enzoing it all the way to the end. You at least gave me the best laugh of the night, bro. Yo. It is what it is. (Had to get them all in, one last time.)

4. Julie needs TWO crosses around her neck? I think one should be hanging down her back, so she can combat the evil in both directions, coming and going. Or maybe one is for praying and one is for vampires. (Is Dr. Will still on the lot?)

5. If someone had to snatch the well-deserved AFP from Moolan, I’m glad it was Da’vonne. Suck it, Tyler!

6. I hope Dani remembers to get her pants back from Cody.

Edited by 30 Helens
Numbers count!
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6

I would have liked to see more of the prejury, and how they felt about some things this season, especially stuff that wasn't on the show! I guess I'm not too mad Cody won. He was a comp beast and ran the game. I am glad he cut Nicole. I wish Enzo would have gotten some votes though. But his answers weren't very good, saying he used Cody and didn't have to win much. And it was all about his social game even when they asked what he had to contribute besides that. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Cody deserves to win after having to spend the last half hour alone with Enzo.

I feel I too should get paid for listening to that, it was excruciating after a while. Enzo is that    guy that continuously obsesses about what he did and what he didn’t do, what he said and what he didn’t say, and how others are responding to him.  Cody has more patience than me I was yelling at my tv for him to let it go already, Enzo, enough!

• Love 10

Why are Cody’s shoes & skinny jeans are showing up in my feeds from the woman’s section? Just asking. Congratulations to Cody & made the ending so much better voting out Nicole. Bad season.....good ending. See you next year!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

Was Julie wearing Janelle’s bracelets that she wore every day in the house? She had the same teal Hermès bracelet and 2 beaded bracelets. Did Janelle leave them there? Anyone else notice this? Speaking of, WHAT was... KevinDaniNicoleCody... erm, EVERYone wearing? Like they all had an existential crisis at the same time. Ian in a barn jacket? 😂 twice? 

oh and yay Cody. He deserved it. 

I don't think Julie's green bracelet was Hermes.   Janelle's is the clic , I believe.  

It was Memphis' pants that got me.  Could they be any tighter?   Aren't they uncomfortable.   

Edited by weaver
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

It was an awful season but a surprisingly satisfying finale 

Yes! Maybe it's the wine talking but that was way more intense and satisfying than I expected. (That's what she said.) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Second: Nicole's expression and body language from the moment she joined the jury was PRICELESS...

Yes! It was fascinating! 

Is it just me or did Cody look awful at the beginning? Huge circles under his eyes. I've never seen a more miserable final three. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I have no clue how she won.  The way she treated David was absolutely disgusting.  I was hoping David would win AFP or Janelle.

The only reason I would want Janelle to win is simply because it would send a message to TPTB about how shitty the casting was for this season.   Granted, it wouldn't stop them from having another shitty casting season.

This episode was boring and predictable, just like the entire season.

I didn't watch the entire season but I agree with you on DaVonne.    My favorite player was Enzo.  He was the only one who provided real entertainment.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Why are Cody’s shoes & skinny jeans are showing up in my feeds from the woman’s section? Just asking. Congratulations to Cody & made the ending so much better voting out Nicole. Bad season.....good ending. See you next year!

Yeah, I feel like those went beyond skinny jeans and were flat out jeggings 😂. I would even wear that cardigan....

• LOL 6

I really hope Cody doesn't use the money for a nose job.  I know it sounds like I'm being facetious but I'm not..  He looks great!  Except for the dark eye circles.  And it seems like so many of these BB castmates use their money for plastic surgery :(. 

• Love 3

Enzo was annoying right to the end wasn't he?

Even the finale was a let down really, Cody v Nicole would have been a better final two, and maybe not unanimous.  Enzo finishing third again would have been funny.  I always think second place gets way too much money anyway, it's the goat/weak player money if the game is played ruthlessly.

And at the end we saw how the eviction interviews should have been done.  Julie Chen on screen, meaning no masks needed.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

As is the newschool way, Cody based his arguments around "comp wins" and "I made friends" versus any kind of gameplay. At least taking out Nicole was a big move. I guess he tried to take credit for Christmas' eviction because he ... won the Veto? But other than the comp wins, he was Tommy the fourth grade teacher from Survivor 39. If this is what newschool is now, you can have it.

One thing I will say, as someone highly skeptical they could pull this off, is this season proved reality TV can work in a bubble. Which is good news and bad news, I guess. Good on them for doing it, bad on me for watching it. There was more action in one episode of 2016 Australian Survivor than in this whole season.

The only thing I hope is it takes a little shine off Derrick, with Cody now a unanimous winner, because I'm so sick of hearing Derrick is the GOAT when he played once and won 6-3. That'd be like the greatest football player of all time playing in one Super Bowl where he won by 10 points.

Stay safe out there, you guys.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, dizzyd said:

It’s exhausting listening to Enzo, would drive me up the wall cooped up with him for 3 months. I’d give Cody the win just for his patience with Enzo.

Cody's best asset of the season was his patience.  He had to deal with Dani, Nicole, and Christmas too.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Queen Keesha, the smartest person this season for collecting a $40K pay cheque for one week in the BB house and two in sequester and then bouncing. Put some respect on her name, Cody. 

Janelle looked as Fucking Fabulous as always. 

I guess, if the "Peaked in High School" look is your thing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I'll be shallow and say I like skinny jeans on tall guys of a certain build (see Cody as a perfect example 🤤😍)

Well, I was rooting for Tyler but not disappointed with Cody winning. He really did deserve it. 

Lmao at Nicole actually suggesting that Cody should have thrown the HOH to her because she definitely would have taken him.  She'll claim until her final breath that she would never have cut Cody but I doubt that's true.  I'm surprised she didn't vote for Enzo to win out of spite. 

• Love 3

Thanks for all the great posts this season. I usually participate, but this really was the most boring season ever. What really frustrated me, though, was that three women who could have mopped the floor with the guys played the same dumb game they always play by handing power back to the guys. Cody, Tyler and Memphis shouldn't have been anywhere near the finale.

Wake me up when an all-female alliance actually accomplishes something in this game. Of course, that would mean the casting director would have to stop casting women who would take a showmance over a victory playing the game. Both times I auditioned in-person for BB Canada, one of the first questions I was asked was "How do you feel about showmances?"

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I have no clue how she won.  The way she treated David was absolutely disgusting.  I was hoping David would win AFP or Janelle.

Day considers her treatment of David to be 100% Nicole's fault. It's classic "Look what you made me do!" behavior.

11 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Second: Nicole's expression and body language from the moment she joined the jury was PRICELESS...it was the most human reaction I think I have ever seen on the show...the stunned aftermath of a complete betrayal.

Nicole's whiny entitlement reaches its zenith: it takes some serious obliviousness to be sitting amongst a jury of people whose exits you helped engineer, then act offended to be sitting among them. You could tell she was furious that anyone DARE not let her win. As I told Mrs. RaiderDuck last night: Nicole could stab you in the back, stand there and watch you bleed to death, and consider it nothing more than part of the game. Meanwhile, if you brush up against her accidentally, it's the most heinous unforgivable personal insult EVER.

12 hours ago, Nashville said:

To be fair to Enzo - when he got up this morning, I fully expect the very LAST fucking thing he thought he would be doing this evening was making a F2 pitch to the Jury.  Enzo didn’t even have a serious contingency speech prepared.

I think he had a good speech prepared, but it was a speech to be used versus Nicole: "I glommed on to the alpha male of the house, let him do all my dirty work for me, then cut him loose at the end; meanwhile, I was super-nice and friendly towards everyone, yo." Not a bad argument in that situation, but a terrible one to be used when the guy you glommed on to is sitting opposite you; you're literally telling everyone that he did all the work. I took two things away from Enzo's speech and behavior:

1) If he'd won final HoH, he was 100% taking Nicole with him, and

2) He felt guilty as hell that Cody took him and ditched Nicole in the process. He literally did not feel worthy to sit beside Cody in a F2.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14

Great BB finale last night!  I was excited throughout, starting with Nicole getting completely blind-sided and taking it badly. LOL

The Meow-Meow was very entertaining.  I loved watching him fail so spectacularly in the HoH competition (37 minutes vs. 4 minutes!?!?) and then just completely ripping himself a new one, roaming through the house, bad-mouthing himself over and over.  Hilarious!  His Final 2 speech was terrible, but his constant wandering around the living room and throwing out the "Yo Yo Yo" and other various Enzo-schtick had me laughing right along with the Jury.  He spent 2 entire commercial breaks complaining to Cody about being laughed at, with Cody trying to patiently explain the concept of "laughing at" vs. "laughing with"! hahaha

(Having said that, though, I actually got a bit choked up when Cody cut Nicole and Enzo teared up thanking Cody for taking him to the final 2.  I think Enzo REALLY needed that $50k.).

AFP was interesting.  They usually name the top 3 finalists, but last night, they called Day and Tyler "two of the top vote-getters".  I wonder if Janelle or Kayser were in 2nd place (with Tyler in 3rd) but, because we had the entire cast in 3 different locations (well, 2 locations, plus Julie elsewhere), it was easier to just focus on the 2 who also made it to jury.

Looking forward to BB23 next year, but hope they come up with new challenges that aren't specific to "Cody-types".

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Is it just me or did Cody look awful at the beginning? Huge circles under his eyes. I've never seen a more miserable final three. 

Not just you.   Besides the dark circles, his finale outfit looked like he borrowed it from Dani - right down to the shoes.   When she told him, "I like your cardigan." I thought, "probably because it's yours Dani.  Clothes you left behind when evicted."  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

I appreciated Kaysar pointed out the he was gunning for Cody because Cody was basically set from the beginning--you win the first HOH and that means everyone talks to you, wants to set up alliances with you, and you have the power. Cody did a good job playing the game, but I wonder what the season would've looked like if someone else had won HOH. Though I'm sure people would still want to align with him.

And while I give kudos to Cody for playing the game, he also pretty much never faced any adversity. He was never in a bad position. Some of that was because of winning comps himself and his alliances, but a lot of it was also luck. It's hard to judge the game when nothing went wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, springbarb said:

I appreciated Kaysar pointed out the he was gunning for Cody because Cody was basically set from the beginning--you win the first HOH and that means everyone talks to you, wants to set up alliances with you, and you have the power. Cody did a good job playing the game, but I wonder what the season would've looked like if someone else had won HOH. Though I'm sure people would still want to align with him.

And while I give kudos to Cody for playing the game, he also pretty much never faced any adversity. He was never in a bad position. Some of that was because of winning comps himself and his alliances, but a lot of it was also luck. It's hard to judge the game when nothing went wrong.

Agreed. Although I don’t think the lack adversity was specific to him. It was more of a result of the power never changing sides. Half of the game was literally just non-Committee members getting picked off. The adversity that Tyler and Dani faced was basically self-inflicted, whereas Nicole, Memphis, and Enzo also had pretty easy rides through most of the game. Cody just had multiple people (Dani, Enzo, Nicole, Memphis) who seemed as invested in getting him to the end as he was about himself. It was odd. 

With random players next year, hopefully we won’t see all of the best comp winners get into an alliance. That killed the season. I can’t think of any other season (I skipped 21, so maybe that one) where the power never shifted. This season, the non-Committee members (I basically consider Enzo to be the Committee) couldn’t win an HOH, and even when they got small wins, like David winning the Disruptor power and Day winning veto, they didn’t control the votes. Just frustrating all around.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I'll be shallow and say I like skinny jeans on tall guys of a certain build (see Cody as a perfect example 🤤😍)

Well, I was rooting for Tyler but not disappointed with Cody winning. He really did deserve it. 

Lmao at Nicole actually suggesting that Cody should have thrown the HOH to her because she definitely would have taken him.  She'll claim until her final breath that she would never have cut Cody but I doubt that's true.  I'm surprised she didn't vote for Enzo to win out of spite. 

I agree with everything here!  Emphasis on the last point, but I agree with all of it.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

The Meow-Meow was very entertaining.  I loved watching him fail so spectacularly in the HoH competition (37 minutes vs. 4 minutes!?!?) and then just completely ripping himself a new one, roaming through the house, bad-mouthing himself over and over.  Hilarious!  His Final 2 speech was terrible, but his constant wandering around the living room and throwing out the "Yo Yo Yo" and other various Enzo-schtick had me laughing right along with the Jury.  He spent 2 entire commercial breaks complaining to Cody about being laughed at, with Cody trying to patiently explain the concept of "laughing at" vs. "laughing with"! hahaha

I agree.  The finale was so REAL.  I think it was so interesting in terms of human psychology.

• Enzo beating himself up for being so bad at the comp, and Nicole and Cody being so uncomfortable (and I think sympathetic towards him, especially Cody anyways) that they were actually crying in response to this.
  • Enzo having the total meltdown.  Getting all of his emotions out.
  • Cody winning the competition and moving towards cutting one of his top allies, and crying because of how he would upset Nicole.
  • Nicole being soooooooooo upset that Cody didn't keep her and let her make her case to the jury or win.

I thought that it was great.  They really power through things for the finale and I appreciate that.  I honestly thought there'd be more episodes but Julie kept saying it was Finale Night and it really was!

Nicole really shouldn't have screwed up that first question in the record comp.  What was she doing, not even paying attention?  Somebody pointed out that the first question was about Ian and she should have got it.  She also looked like she had problems reading.  She should simply get contact lenses.  Maybe she was really complacent because she thought 110% Cody would take her, but that's a dangerous bet to make.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I'm surprised she didn't vote for Enzo to win out of spite. 

Because he was that bad.

The memory competitions about events in the house are so expected now it isn't as much of a test as it's supposed to be.  But while the producers know most of the audience will just accept the same stuff every year they see no reason to change anything.  Just change the decor/theme and that will please most it seems.

• Love 2

I've never been a Nicole fan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand so tonight I was just fine with the person in power eliminating the stronger competitor.  Smart move.

It was funny when Enzo was asked about his plans to spend the money and he reverently referred to his beloved children.  I'm pretty sure I've heard him mention a big screen tv on more than one occasion.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3