Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E28: Eviction #11, Head of Household #12

• Start Topic

Julie, why are you dressed like my parents couch circa 1985? You look like you would feel nubbly and be uncomfortable to stretch out on to watch TV. Also, can we talk about this God thing? Look, I'm glad that you found religion your programming found the Wikipedia page on God, but this is Big Brother. The fuck outta here with that. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 24

I think Enzo or Xmas will win HoH. Enzo doesn't want to though so Xmas. Will she put up Cody? Should do Cody and Nicole. Cody should see the block this week if any of these idiots have even a tiny bit of thought process in them. Just a little bit. If not.. he wins next HoH and he's golden. I think it will be a Cody and Nicole F2. Blah.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Julie, enough with all the “I love that you love God!” crap. 

I was surprises by it, but I liked it! Refreshing to me.  

Nooo! Not Tyler!!! There is no one left to root for! 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Julie, enough with all the “I love that you love God!” crap. 

I find it interesting that the show was afraid of alienating viewers by Julie outright saying "Black Lives Matter" (and instead the golden rule shit in the first episode) but they don't worry or think they will alienate people by shoving God in their faces. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Julie stumbled saying Moonves.  "I'm Julie Chen......Ma - ma - Moonves" hahahahahhahahaha.

Ian's salmon coloured shorts made me think he was naked from the waist down when I was pressing fast forward.

Dani using the word "Heartbroken".  Does she really not get all the rumours that are going on, how she is coming off?  It's so weird that she just does not care at all!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Cody:  " I should have known that people would have their own agenda at this point in the game"

Ya think???  I mean, he didn't seem shocked by it, but why didn't he say "Obviously people have their own agenda at this point in the game"?  The way he expressed it makes it sound like the thought just occurred to him. 

He dumb.  Please let Happy Hanukah win and at least put his ass in jeopardy for a few days.  

Also, Dani,  it's great that you're not bitter about Cody, now how about saving some of that magnanimity for Nicole cause you sure sound bitter that she's trying to do exactly what you wanted to do--be the last woman standing.

Edited by leocadia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I too am done with the Julie Chen-MaMoonves Power Hour as it's getting more extreme every week. Seriously someone should have a talk with her about her using her live mic to proselytize. Time and place Julie, and this is neither, lest you find yourself removed from your platform.

Oh and there was also some talk with some salty jurors which entertained me.

• Love 9

I always look forward to the jury house segment, but this time it felt a little flat. Where's all the Bitter Betty's ? Where's all the rage that they got duped because everyone lied to them ?? I think they've all been smoking weed for a couple of weeks  ?( it is California, correct ? Even Dani can only muster sadness, not rage !🙂

• Love 7

Hey well props to me for making it to the end of the episode. Last night's I quit watching after Cody won veto. But it was the jury segment that got me through but even that fell flat with an unlikable Ian, Kevin and his stupid facial theatrics and Dani refusing to be bitter at getting back stabbed by Cody and will be his biggest cheerleader on the jury. I don't even care anymore at this point and now will only finish watching the season out of a twenty year force of habit.

All Star status should be immediatly revoked for those left in the house. An All Star comes to play their own game to WIN. I hate Cody but he's the only true All Star left because he is the only one playing for his game...inexplicably like Lemmings going over a cliff the rest of them are all vying for how to best to posistion themselves for second place.

Everything about this season has been horrible from Jaysar going out early and the producers who are notorious for their manipulation doing nothing to help them...not even a chance to re-enter the game instead sending them home all the way up tonight's episode signaling the end of the game. There is not one person left who would nominate Cody much less vote him out.

Please, please, please next year...no returning players, no coaches, no gimmick to shoe horn in a past player. Let's do all new...in fact lets borrow from that season of SURVIVORL and level the playing field...an equal number of black, white, latino and asian players but BB would never have the guts to do that because in their minds they would lose viewers if the majority of the players weren't Malibu Ken & Barbie types.

So ready to peace out of this sham.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I seem to recall an old Looney Tunes cartoon featuring Bugs Bunny and some guy (a salesman, or game show host, or something similar) who wore a plaid suit or jacket.  What was striking about the guy was when he moved, the pattern of the plaid didn’t move with him; the plaid pattern stayed static like dude’s suit wasn’t really a suit at all, but some kind of wormhole portal to view a World of Unmoving Plaid - and the only thing moving was our view of it.

That magical suit of static plaid? - THAT’S what Julie’s dress reminded me of tonight.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Cody has final 2 deals with nearly everyone left. Which makes every one of those deals meaningless. 

From the first episode it seemed that Cody was going to be the winner. It still seems that way. I don't like him, but there isn't anyone left i like.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

She isn't throwing it in everyone's face.  It was a one and done comment.  Not a big deal.

One and done? Julie has been preaching at us and mentioning God every chance she gets.  If anything, it ramps up a bit every episode. It was annoying at first, but now it’s borderline offensive.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

They brought that on themselves.  They have no reason to be salty.  They could have all joined together to beat the meathead alliance.  They all could have won competitions in a season where competitions for the most part have been so easy anyone could have won them.

In the immortal words of Kierkegaard (or maybe it was Dick Van Patten): “Coulda woulda shoulda”.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Well damn. Tyler was the last likeable winner for me. I will continue to watch, but only because I’ve come so far... for not much of a reward. I agree with many people, Cody seems set up for a clean win, especially if he sits next to Nicole. I could see Enzo winning over him, only because he hasn’t made as many final two deals as Cody. He also seems as though he had  more personable with every houseguest. But I only watch what they show me.

this season was such a sad disappointment.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It was a one and done comment.  Not a big deal.

Have to disagree with you here. Every time she is on live tv she has mentioned something recently. She earlier declared a passed contestant was "Sitting in the arms of god now." I don't so much care about the stupid platitudes she's added at the end of every show but the "looking for any way to bring up god while I've got a live mic" approach is what bothers me. That needs to stop. I'm sure some people love it but when speaking to a broad audience on live tv you shouldn't be pandering to a certain portion of the audience while offending others.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, harleybeanswind said:

I could see Enzo winning over him, only because he hasn’t made as many final two deals as Cody. He also seems as though he had  more personable with every houseguest. But I only watch what they show me.

I also thought Enzo had a shot, but it seemed like the jury members weren't as enamored with him as I thought they'd be. At this point, I can't imagine anyone beating Cody.

• Love 3

The entire thing is playing out exactly as everyone predicted back in Week 1. It's just all so inevitable and predictable, it's like I'm watching a rerun instead of a new show. Why everyone wants to go to the end with Cody is beyond me when he's beating the pants off everyone in these competitions. They're all idiots.

I always look forward to the jury house segment, but this time it felt a little flat. 

It all felt very scripted and performative, especially Dani.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

One and done? Julie has been preaching at us and mentioning God every chance she gets.  If anything, it ramps up a bit every episode. It was annoying at first, but now it’s borderline offensive.

I've only heard her say God twice, hardly preaching 🙂 

Everyone's offended by something these days, I'm trying not to be.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Julie stumbled saying Moonves.  "I'm Julie Chen......Ma - ma - Moonves" hahahahahhahahaha.

Ian's salmon coloured shorts made me think he was naked from the waist down when I was pressing fast forward.

Dani using the word "Heartbroken".  Does she really not get all the rumours that are going on, how she is coming off?  It's so weird that she just does not care at all!

I think that when you're in a situation, you might not be aware of how it could be perceived by those looking at it from the outside. I doubt she thinks she's done anything scandalous. As for the rumors, she's in sequester and wouldn't have heard any of them.

20 hours ago, phlebas said:

Is Nicole actually cute or do I have a thing for squirrels?

Cody is boned next week.

WHOA. Okay, typo.  I meant to say MEMPHIS but I said CODY. Total typo. MEMPHIS is boned.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, greyflannel said:

I think that when you're in a situation, you might not be aware of how it could be perceived by those looking at it from the outside. I doubt she thinks she's done anything scandalous. As for the rumors, she's in sequester and wouldn't have heard any of them.

Yes, I understand what sequester is, but Kaysar said the words "love triangle" to her face.  She knows what normal human beings are thinking.

Then Davonne said to her face that Cody had Danielle on one hand and Nicole on the other and that eventually he had to choose one.

I think she's being really clueless or wilfully ignorant.

I also found it really interesting how I think Davonne (?) worded things, that there's no way a woman will win and everyone seems to know it.  Kind of sad.  I think she said Cody has Nicole and Memphis has Christmas so between Cody and Memphis who will win out?  

1 hour ago, illini1959 said:

It's not a church show.  If an American TV host was mentioning any other religion as much as Julie is mentioning hers, trust me, people wouldn't like it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I”m offended your’re NOT offended! (Kidding) 

I am offended that nobody let Dani win! Gosh! It’s so frustrating! They got her out when they had the chance because she’s a good game player! I mean, Dani....respect the game, they are just doing it better than you. Isn’t that what they are supposed to do? I especially loved the outrage over David and Kevin’s not winning veto because it would have saved her. She’s such an asshole. 

God I hate these entitled people. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, illini1959 said:

Seriously, if she’s gotten strong in her faith good for her.  It takes courage these days.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Seriously, if she’s gotten strong in her faith good for her.  It takes courage these days.

I don't have a problem with Julie's faith, I have a problem with her spouting it at work - especially when it has nothing to do with her job.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 10/9/2020 at 4:57 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's not a church show.  If an American TV host was mentioning any other religion as much as Julie is mentioning hers, trust me, people wouldn't like it.

I had no idea mentioning God a couple of times was so offensive. Well. Yes, I did. Just kinda sad that it's such an issue. 

You can see bibles by the beds of some of the houseguests, even see them reading one from time to time. I'm thinking people might not dislike it so much.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2020 at 1:04 PM, Cosmocrush said:

I don't have a problem with Julie's faith, I have a problem with her spouting it at work - especially when it has nothing to do with her job.  

Just like celebrities and athletes speaking about issues that have nothing to do with their job. I suppose what's good for one should be good for all, at least that's what I keep hearing, right? Tolerance, etc...

There's too much animosity in this world 🙂

1 minute ago, Wandering Snark said:

This is the only text allowed in the house.

I suppose they have the choice of not bringing anything if they don't want to.

• Love 1

I didn't even hear the God stuff, I never see the point looking at a 4 minute H0H teaser so I just switch off.  It always seems a waste of time which could be used for more of the interview, but it's one of those pointless traditions along with pleas.  It's quite common that the eviction episode isn't a HOH one too, the next one is often that (despite the threat titles).

Just like celebrities and athletes speaking about issues that have nothing to do with their job.

Celebrities and athletes have platforms outside of movies and their sports games because people love them, all aspects of them.  In a sports game you cannot hear athletes speak - only when they're interviewed after.  We don't know an actor's thoughts when he or she is reading a script that is somebody else's words.

When Julie is on the show, that's the equivalent.  When she's interviewed outside of the show, she can talk about God all she wants and no one would have an issue.  That's where the analogy would fit perfectly.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Celebrities and athletes have platforms outside of movies and their sports games because people love them, all aspects of them.  In a sports game you cannot hear athletes speak - only when they're interviewed after.  We don't know an actor's thoughts when he or she is reading a script that is somebody else's words.

When Julie is on the show, that's the equivalent.  When she's interviewed outside of the show, she can talk about God all she wants and no one would have an issue.  That's where the analogy would fit perfectly.

There are plenty of sporting events where the platform may be during the event both individually and as a team/league. It can be in the form of attire/patches, etc., - in the NFL it can be written on the field. None of which (no matter the cause, I'm not pointing at any one thing) have anything to do with football, baseball, etc.

But that's ok - I just wish everyone could give a little leeway, that's all.                                                                                           

I hope you have a good day and thank you for the kind exchange of thoughts/ideals 🙂

• Love 2
2 hours ago, illini1959 said:

You can see bibles by the beds of some of the houseguests, even see them reading one from time to time. I'm thinking people might not dislike it so much.

Those are HGs. Jocasta in BB16 was a preacher. There's regular Bible study sessions on the feeds some seasons. Kaysar is a practicing Muslim. No one complains about that because they're living as well as playing a game. That's different from Julie who shows up and is on camera for one hour a week, throwing out "But First"s and vote counts. She's not hosting the 700 Club or The Hour of Power. She's hosting a trash reality show. Religion isn't a factor when it comes to her job. And if it is to her, as much as I would miss Chenbot throwing errors week after week, maybe she should find an avenue where she can burble about how much she loves that someone else loves God somewhere else. 

• Love 6

It also makes me suspicious that the show would favour the openly Christian contestants.  If Jeff Probst ran around spouting about God in Survivor, I'd worry about the non-Christian contestants since he's a producer.  But Jeff doesn't do that.  He at least tries to check himself on his biases (which everyone has).  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2020 at 12:32 AM, Diana Berry said:

Amen! I’m proud of Julie and happy for her that she has turned to God. And in this time of upheaval, I’m sure it makes her happy when she finds someone else who loves the Lord as she does. 

• Love 3
On 10/10/2020 at 1:04 PM, Cosmocrush said:

10 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Those are HGs. Jocasta in BB16 was a preacher. There's regular Bible study sessions on the feeds some seasons. Kaysar is a practicing Muslim. No one complains about that because they're living as well as playing a game. That's different from Julie who shows up and is on camera for one hour a week, throwing out "But First"s and vote counts. She's not hosting the 700 Club or The Hour of Power. She's hosting a trash reality show. Religion isn't a factor when it comes to her job. 

Let’s be at least reasonably objectively fair here; to the best of my recollection, Julie has never unilaterally inserted religious discussion into the narrative.  I only recall Julie ever even using the word “God” in the broadcast three times:

1. Once in response to statements made by Da’Vonne in her final Block speech.
  2. Once again with Da’Vonne, in response to mention Da’Vonne made in her post-eviction interview.
  3. Once with Christmas, in response to a mention of God she made in her final Block speech.

Each of these mentions was in the context of an interaction with a HG, and response to a HG-initiated mention - so in that respect, yes it was a part of Julie’s job.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Let’s be at least reasonably objectively fair here; to the best of my recollection, Julie has never unilaterally inserted religious discussion into the narrative.  I only recall Julie ever even using the word “God” in the broadcast three times:

1. Once in response to statements made by Da’Vonne in her final Block speech.
  2. Once again with Da’Vonne, in response to mention Da’Vonne made in her post-eviction interview.
  3. Once with Christmas, in response to a mention of God she made in her final Block speech.

Each of these mentions was in the context of an interaction with a HG, and response to a HG-initiated mention - so in that respect, yes it was a part of Julie’s job.

Disagree. How many other things have been mentioned during final exit interviews, final plea speeches, and random conversations with Julie that Julie has chosen not to mention or comment on? Da'Vonne and Christmas didn't invite conversation about God, they literally said "God" and Julie fell all over herself to make sure that everyone knew that she too knew God. I get it, she's excited to have God in her life (maybe again). That doesn't mean she has to comment on it. Da'Vonne said "Black Lives Matter", Julie wasn't immediately saying "Yes, I love that you love Black Lives Matter." I'm pretty sure the bidet was mentioned at some point to Julie, she wasn't proclaiming her love (or love for someone else's love) of the Tushy. It only happened with God. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Those are HGs. Jocasta in BB16 was a preacher. There's regular Bible study sessions on the feeds some seasons. Kaysar is a practicing Muslim. No one complains about that because they're living as well as playing a game. That's different from Julie who shows up and is on camera for one hour a week, throwing out "But First"s and vote counts. She's not hosting the 700 Club or The Hour of Power. She's hosting a trash reality show. Religion isn't a factor when it comes to her job. And if it is to her, as much as I would miss Chenbot throwing errors week after week, maybe she should find an avenue where she can burble about how much she loves that someone else loves God somewhere else. 

To be honest, I don't remember the other encounter, but the first one she was just responding to DaVonne, who was thanking God all over the place. Julie (at least that time, my memory is gone) didn't start it or push anything. Mentioning the name of God isn't "burbling". She isn't preaching or pushing. She mentioned the name of God. Shoot her now. 😉 

Carry on, I won't keep belaboring the issue 😄 

• Love 3