Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

From her linked in Ashley studied for her masters in social work from  2005-2010, worked as a social worker for Georgia division of Family & Children for nearly 3 years and has been studying nursing for the past 18 months with 18 months more to go.

• Love 1

based off of the last couple eps im pretty confident sam and neil are together ive been told they stayed together but im still not sure but why would the network bring a show back where they know the fans want couples to last if they go another last with all failed couples the fans will be pissed

• Love 1

When the show has shown things to come, they had shown Ashley writing "welcome home" on the chalkboard. Did that ever happen? Was it meant for her dog after a tinkle break? I don't remember seeing it again.

Yup. it's on A&E's TV schedule: decision day part 1 airs on the 23rd of February, decision day part 2 airs on the 1st of March.

Next week's show is a 2hrshow. Maybe that's the 1 and 2

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 1

If only one couple stays married, this show is a failure and should be cancelled.

I think 2 stay married at the 6weeks mark but I am unsure of what happens to Tres and Vanessa at the 6months mark.

• Love 4

Yup. it's on A&E's TV schedule: decision day part 1 airs on the 23rd of February, decision day part 2 airs on the 1st of March.

Any chance that part 2 is actually the reunion show? Tres tweeted that there were only 3 episodes left: last night's episode, the finale, and the reunion show. David also tweeted that last night was the last night he was going to be live tweeting the episodes, because he was having a party for the finale next week.

Edited by sniglet
  • Love 2

Any chance that part 2 is actually the reunion show? Tres tweeted that there were only 3 episodes left: last night's episode, the finale, and the reunion show. David also tweeted that last night was the last night he was going to be live tweeting the episodes, because he was having a party for the finale next week.

I think you are right. I can't believe they would spend the 2hrs airing the decision and not get to the decision

• Love 2

Havr you guys actually clicked on the link? I'm not making shit up. A&E TV schedule shows 2 consecutive weeks of final decision. The schedule isn't even showing the reunion so it's airing in 3 weeks.

I saw it. It's probably wishful thinking on my part. I can't imagine sitting through 3-4 hours of decisions. Just the thought makes me want to smack someone.

• Love 6

Ugh to 2 parts. It might be part of their effort to try to do more with less and somehow try to spin this into a satisfying season.

If Ctbabe's spoilers are true, I also wonder if it had been challenging to edit the reunion show around the disaster that is Ashley and David.

• Love 2

Ashley and all the men from last season totally gamed the system for their own purposes.  The experts obviously have no more insight into human nature and behavior then an observant house cat.

I think Jamie also came on the show for not the most authentic reasons.  However, Jamie would happily run over her own grandmother if it brought her another 15 minutes of fame, so she decided to stay married.

I also will have to question Neil's sanity and emotional well being if he stays married to Sam.  Either he really enjoys being pushed around or there are other reasons...I just do not believe he fell in love with a woman who treats him with so little respect.

• Love 7

I think if any of these three couples stay together the show is a failure.

I wish I could tahnk you 100 times. None of them should be together. Especially Neil and Sam. Vanessa and Tres should fizzle out pretty quickly after the cameras are gone. Tres is already showing signs of wanting out. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 4

I was asked if I had any questions for the insider. I wanted to know what Ashley was really like. The insider said she is nice but very cold..

If you were to ask the insider one question, what would it be?

If your insider is close to production I would like to know more about how Ashley was selected. Does the insider think Ashley fooled the experts, they selected her because they thought she would make good TV, the experts didn't really select her but the MAFS producers did . . . something else entirely?

• Love 4

Certain alcohol brands will hire girls to wear skimpy clothes and waltz around the bars passing out promotional material, like key chains, bottle openers, etc. Some young women think they pay well and give them the opportunity to meet men. Saw a lot of it when I worked as a server in a sports bar in the early 2000's, to earn Christmas/vacation money.

Thank you. I'm so old.

I remember when there were just bars and alcohol, but no models.

Edited by BBDi
  • Love 3

Havr you guys actually clicked on the link? I'm not making shit up. A&E TV schedule shows 2 consecutive weeks of final decision. The schedule isn't even showing the reunion so it's airing in 3 weeks.

There is a big twist on the decision day.. that might be why they are stretching it out.

• Love 1

There is a big twist on the decision day.. that might be why they are stretching it out.

Ok girl/dude? Could you tell us all you know in just one post? Pretty please? 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 5

I think the twist is that Ashley refused to face David and Dr Pepper interviewed them separately

That's for the reunion.. Our source doesn't know what the twist but we know it affects Ashley & David and Neil & Sam.

• Love 3

I won't miss the show when S3 ends because it was really awful, but I will miss reading all these awesome posts from all you amazing peeps. /cry I've really liked all the insights from different perspectives.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 9

If only one couple stays married, this show is a failure and should be cancelled.

Well even if none did you have to look at the Bachelor and how long that has been on. How many of those have failed compared to ones that worked? Yet that show still goes on and on and on. 

I think if any of these three couples stay together the show is a failure.

I couldn't agree more with this! These so called experts have no damn clue what they are doing when it comes to matching people. 

• Love 1

It sounds better to everyone to say she was fired. Everything is her fault now.

Lol. She lost her job. I already explain in my previous post. It probably could have been phrased better. I would update it.

• Love 1

Ah! Thanks Lola16, I did read that. So did she never have a real social work job? And how do you go from bar model to social work?

Bar model is just a fancy name.  It's promotions. Like the people in Costco that hand out samples.  It's usually something people do part time.  Probably did it to earn some extra cash while in college (one of the college times).  Probably enjoyed the flexibility of it.  Gonna guess the nanny job was more of the same.  Probably took a job as a nanny (mother's helper) while pursuing this latest degree.

I went to A&E's website and it shows one hour next week for part one, and one hour on March 1 for part two. No mention of a reunion show, so no way to know if it's included in part two. Same thing for FYI's schedule. Ugh.

Edited by BonnieLass

I went to A&E's website and it shows one hour next week for part one, and one hour on March 1 for part two. No mention of a reunion show, so no way to know if it's included in part two. Same thing for FYI's schedule. Ugh.

My DVR shows it as the one hour and whatever odd mins on FYI next week. So it looks like it could be dragged out for 2 weeks. UGH 

• Love 1

For me, Ashley's past boyfriend means nothing. There are two sides to every pancake, so that is a very personal situation without clarity.

My concern is the selection process. Why was David selected with his arrest record? An arrest record that reflects court ordered Domestic Abuse counseling, Psychological Counseling and the order for restitution? This is all court public record as is his employment record that reveals he was living in that area at the time of arrest, the same birthdate and first, middle and last name?

What is the selection criteria? If my son or daughter went on this crazy show I would not want them married to some one with aa criminal record.

• Love 1

For me, Ashley's past boyfriend means nothing. There are two sides to every pancake, so that is a very personal situation without clarity.

My concern is the selection process. Why was David selected with his arrest record? An arrest record that reflects court ordered Domestic Abuse counseling, Psychological Counseling and the order for restitution? This is all court public record as is his employment record that reveals he was living in that area at the time of arrest, the same birthdate and first, middle and last name?

What is the selection criteria? If my son or daughter went on this crazy show I would not want them married to some one with aa criminal record.

Welcome to the forums!  

It would be really bad if the producers knew about convictions for violent crimes and allowed the character to move forward.  Do you have proof of convictions for our DN and an "order for restitution"?  Please share!

Are you interested in Ashley or the other characters?  Any opinions about the 4 posers who are listed as experts? 

Always good to have new posters especially this late in the season!

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 3

It's all speculations until the mug shot is provided. Why was Ashley also chosen too? She was emotionally unavailable for this process? Very very wrong for this process..

BTW if Ashley's past means nothing then David's past shouldn't mean anything. Just saying

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 7

It's all speculations until the mug shot is provided. Why was Ashley also chosen too? She was emotionally unavailable for this process? Very very wrong for this process..

BTW if Ashley's past means nothing then David's past shouldn't mean anything. Just saying

In the last 4-5 years you can find mug shots of people arrested on the internet.  However, depending on where you are arrested some states did not publicize mug shots over 5 years ago.   So could that be why it is not available?  I have family with similar situations.

• Love 1

I agree about David- we do not know if it is him without a mug shot. I have said it before, I had the same address (one digit diference) with a woman with the same name as me in a small town! How crazy was that! We did not share the same birthday but we were the same age.

Personally I would rather deal with David (even if he DID do whatever he did...it was long ago) than deal with a purse carrying snake.

• Love 4

Would you want your son going on the show just to get matched with someone who's only trying to make her ex boyfriend jealous?

• Love 6

First let me just say that past relationships do mean something. It can show a pattern with some on how they are with relationships.Now, I wouldn't say its David unless you have 100% proof its him honestly. Just like I don't know if what is said about Ashley on certain things is true yet or not. I can't stand her for how she has behaved on this show but unless proof is there its just rumor. While let's say no mugshot can be provided, I would still think that some site out there (tabloid like one or even some person) would have come up with hard proof that it is him. As was said before also, IF it was him by chance, it was how long ago? If he did all he was suppose to and has never been arrested for such things after then why is he a bad person? I don't think he has shown one sign of being a violent abusive person. He has shown more patience with Ashley then most of us EVER could have. BTW, not sure if its true or not but if Ashley did this show to make an ex jealous that isn't exactly someone I would think they would want to be in a relationship with themselves or their kids. That might not be criminal but its wrong on so many levels. 

Honestly if one of my kids came to me and said they wanted to do this show I would ask them why and tell them to watch other seasons if they hadn't to see why its a bad idea. I wonder though what happens if your son or daughter brings home someone to date and later on wants to marry? Do you do a background check on whoever when they start dating or before getting married? In the real world that is not usually done so you (or anyone really) wouldn't even know if the person had been arrested at some point in time unless they had said so. 

Anyway, IMO I think past relationships and how those were/ended and so on really is important in a show like this and finding people for it/them getting to know each other. As well as any kind of background/criminal check should be done for reality shows. I thought someone said they do that but maybe I am wrong that it was said.  

• Love 4

This is why things escalate the Arizona record only has a month of birth, so that gives a range of 31 days for somebody with the same first, last name and middle initial to be a possibility. Yes it could be him it could also be another person with similar statistics, no matter what unless he pulled that sort of behavior with Ashley it does not excuse her behavior and if he had shown any sort of aggression I have no doubt Ashley would have screamed it to the rooftops with the way she handled text gate.

Some people on twitters behavior is appalling, I made the mistake of looking at Carrie's twitter to see if she had added snark this week and there is a group of  5 women from a forum (not us) who proudly bombard her with this information as proof that her brother is a criminal and then boasted on the forum about it. My personal opinion is leave the family members alone they did not sign up for this. For the record she says it is not him

carrie10.jpg

• Love 4

Observation from twitter.

Tres and Vanessa: these 2 do not refer or tag each other on twitter. This all started from December. I think they might have separated in December. I am still hoping they are together.

Neil and Sam: they are so lovey dovey on twitter especially Sam. Tagging him every second.. Sam practically lives on twitter so every other tweet references Neil.

David and Ashley: this week David stopped tagging Ashley in his tweets. Even though he still write team dashley, he no longer add her to his tweets. I am thinking he saw all the things that her people wrote about him. Her mum calling him a cheat and a liar. Ashley just kept liking favorable tweets as usual.

BTW David is hosting a big party for decision day.. he invited all the cast. I wonder if his wife would attend.

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 3

My husband lived in Arizona while he went to graduate school, and there was a guy with the same name as his in the same town who had a criminal record. My husband would frequently have trouble in grocery stores when he paid with a check, because his name matched that of the other guy. So yeah, stuff like that can happen.

• Love 7

Ratings and ability to sell advertising is the success/failure measure. This show, like the batcholor doesn't need successful marriages IMHO. It needs the wacky. Sam and Neil, Ashley and Dave. Many said the Vanessa and Tres were boring - they weren't wacky. I watch to see who would do this? Can any of the matches stay together?

We've discussed the DN possible arrest record several pages back, over and over.  Until someone can definitely say it is him (and don't you think the tabloids would have done so if they could?), it seems pointless to me and makes me very uncomfortable (as if we are stalking David) to bring it up.  I actually feel the same way about researching Ashleys' past from 7 years ago.   YMMV

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6