Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Even if it is him.  That was almost a decade ago.   He hopefully learned something and doesnt have an issue anymore ( a one time thing can teach you alot)

Ashely doesnt, didnt, wont like him.  period.  her family and friends started the mud slinging.

Editing does make a difference.  I am sure the producers want drama or none of us would be watching.

• Love 5

With the accusations thrown out by camp Ashley if they had concrete proof that it was David IMO we would have seen it by now. They have proven over and over that they are not above slinging mud and making insinuations about David to excuse Ashley's behavior during the experiment. They seem to forget Ashley shut down straight after the ceremony and she could not have found out that early.

She is an adult who married a stranger even if David turned out to be a serial killer that is on production and the experts for not weeding him out. Cortney did an interview in the last few day that said that the requests she made before matching even went into penis size so surely Ashley could have made any criminal record a deal breaker, the experts have ignored them in the past but she would have had a legitimate beef against production/experts if they ignored that.

On location of the honeymoon having to do with his criminal past (if it is him) I looked at the record and it was all completely closed long ago Sean was still on probation from his DUI and had to seek permission from the courts to leave the state for his honeymoon. They are completely different scenarios.

• Love 4

She is an adult who married a stranger even if David turned out to be a serial killer that is on production and the experts for not weeding him out. Cortney did an interview in the last few day that said that the requests she made before matching even went into penis size so surely Ashley could have made any criminal record a deal breaker....

penis size?

• Love 3

On location of the honeymoon having to do with his criminal past (if it is him) I looked at the record and it was all completely closed long ago Sean was still on probation from his DUI and had to seek permission from the courts to leave the state for his honeymoon. They are completely different scenarios.

There is always the possibility of something more recent on one of their records. For example, I did also see a rumor of a DUI in David's case, too. Just saying that it's strange that the others were wisked away to tropical islands while they went to glorious phoenix. Could mean nothing, could mean something.

It hasn't been confirmed via mugshot, but David's full name, birthday, and physical location all match up. It even has him listed as being from a town that is 30 minutes away from both the college where he went and the job he took after he left Arizona. Not confirmation, but enough coincidences to make it seem likely.

Also very interesting that the arrest record was requested on June 4, 2015! Timing directly around the marriage!  Another interesting thing is that the honeymoon was in Phoenix, near where he was arrested in Peoria, AZ. 

Also very interesting that the arrest record was requested on June 4, 2015! Timing directly around the marriage!  Another interesting thing is that the honeymoon was in Phoenix, near where he was arrested in Peoria, AZ. 

Why would he request a honeymoon in the one state he had a conviction in, to me that is just stupid. I believe the honeymoons would have been set up before the couples were even confirmed as production would have been trying to get as much comped as possible and the participants have no say, like I believe production sets up 2-3 houses for the participants to choose from on return.

On the record request timing from hints in David's twitter he knew he was getting married 23rd May so why wouldn't production request the record then in not before when they were down to final selections. Production has said that they do an initial cull to about 50, they then outsource psychological testing and background checks before they are even presented to the experts. Surely a background check with full name, DOB would turn up more than our random internet sleuthing. The timing to me seems to close to the wedding as they had 3 months prior to access the record why wait until 2 days before the wedding when family, friends, crew, reception, honeymoon etc would already be in place, even if he turned out to be a serial killer there would be questions.

• Love 4

Well, if that's him that explains a lot - Gag me with his little puka shell necklace and Abercrombie top (and are those earrings??).  Doesn't look like the kind of guy who would be ready to settle down to me, especially with Ms. Ice Princess.  If she wants a guy who's ready to settle down she would have to go for a different type, perhaps someone who's not so "exciting" or hunky or whatever.  Maybe she's the type who goes for "bad boys".....She is so immature it hurts.....

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 5

For me personally anything said on social media is free reign, I personally will not publish addresses and even if I am aware of it I will not publish names or personal information with people connected with the participants. I do not mind light research but digging for dirt does make me uneasy especially when it is rumor and unsubstantiated.

• Love 4

Sigh. I don't know someone who knows him. I know someone who works at that shop.

The fact that this person from the shop confirmed his address is one that makes me uneasy, while he applied for a reality show and should expect his people to look into his past some random guy that happens to work at a shop where he got his hair cut at giving out his address is too much. If I was David I would complain, information available to the public on the internet is different. To be honest I am sick of talking about David's past.

• Love 5

I've just removed a bunch of posts dealing with the discussion of David's address. For the record - we don't allow addresses to be posted here. The court case and stuff is fair game, as he's chosen to be on TV, but we don't want to encouraging any stalking-type behavior.

Some information on how to deal with things like this going forward:

1. If you need a post deleted, you can either edit it to be empty, or just PM me or another mod. We can delete posts. You can also report your own post and just write 'please delete' in the report box. The system doesn't keep count of reports against you or anything, so it's totally cool to do this.

2. If you see something in a thread that you think is crossing a line, PM a mod or hit the report button on the post. Don't engage on it, or criticize or snark your fellow posters.

Thanks!

• Love 4

You are right... could she have shut down because of season 2 drama? Maybe she was thinking that David might turn out like Ryan D. Just Thinking

You know, I had the same thought.  I remember when the Season 3 couples were getting married Season 2 was in full swing and a lot of dirt was coming out around that time about Ryan D.  My gut is telling me Ashley would have found Ryan D. attractive but then to hear all the dirt on him must have flipped her out and sent her into an even worse tailspin fearing that David could be as bad or worse.  She could have gone to TPTB and demanded that they tell her if he had any record and they may have told her about this one offense long ago.  Perhaps finding out about that along with the stress of marrying a stranger sent her into a panic and she didn't want to be a part of it anymore, but she stuck with it so as not to break the contract and suffer any penalties.  Who knows if that mysterious couple who backed out early this season out didn't learn this stuff before they actually married and it became a factor in their backing out.  I actually remember we had some discussion here wondering whether the Season 3 couples would be affected by what they might hear about Season 2 while they were filming.  This could be some evidence of that.

• Love 1

Cortney did an interview in the last few day that said that the requests she made before matching even went into penis size so surely Ashley could have made any criminal record a deal breaker.

Did she mention how big the penis needed to be? Inquiring minds want to know. Also until I see a mugshot, I'm not going to believe anything coming out of Ashley's camp.

• Love 4

To be honest I am sick of talking about David's past.

Amen, I have popped in here occasionally to see if any of these couples has posted interesting stuff, and have to wade through the sludge of "is this criminal the same David?" posts. It'd be different if anyone had definite proof of anything.

• Love 6

Im not sure it matters if it IS him or not.  That was a long time ago.  Appears no one was harmed,  He has been patient in the editing of the show.  If she knew before the wedding she could have refused to continue, if she was there to be married and not just the $$.  She was also a Social Worker, they know how the courts work and how accounts are worded.

I am not sure of the timing of Season 2 ending and the marriages in Season 3.  Possible she didnt see the end of Season 2.  She couldnt compare the two

She has been accused of her friends and family starting the mudslinging, posting on fake accounts etc.  Not sure how she thought this would help

• Love 2

Ash-Hat and her family and friends are desperate to find some dirt on David so they exaggerated something so minor out of control just to make him look bad, AND we really don't know if it IS him or not.  So pfffftttttt.....They just make themselves look bad, not him.  Theorizing he's got "anger issues" based on one possible minor offense almost a decade ago when he was basically a kid and might not even have been him is just ridiculous, IMHO.

• Love 4

Perfect!

Although I don't agree with the way Ashley has handled things (or at the least the way she was shown to handle things), I also am not ok with David. Even before he contacted another woman and lied about it, I would have been put off by him. I would have faked interest, but there is no way I would want him to be intimate with me in any way whatsoever. He seems like a normal guy, but there are things about him that put me off. Ashley didn't care for him from the beginning, and now she has a concrete reason to dislike him. David had an opportunity to open a dialogue, but like many others caught in wrong doing he chose to lie. It's an understandable mistake, but a mistake that compounded the first mistake. So often, it's the coverup that is the real issue. Maybe David always wants to be the good guy even when he's not.

It's so hard to tell with these people though since they never are shown to have conversations I think people would have in real life. Where were you born? Where did you go to school? What did you study? How did you end up in the job you have now? What is your family like? It's weird.

• Love 4

The fact that this person from the shop confirmed his address is one that makes me uneasy, while he applied for a reality show and should expect his people to look into his past some random guy that happens to work at a shop where he got his hair cut at giving out his address is too much. If I was David I would complain, information available to the public on the internet is different. To be honest I am sick of talking about David's past.

I am also sick and tired of the SPECULATIONS. You can't make hate go away with hate. That's what Davina didn't understand and that is the same mistake Ashley friends are making.

Nothing is going to change my mind that Ashley didn't know about this when she was acting up..

• Love 3

Just a note: I used to run official criminal background checks on people. You do have to be trained about how to look at the results. Normally, it's perfectly straight forward, but sometimes birthdates or social security numbers are entered incorrectly. Humans make mistakes. Sometimes people have fake documents.

So, I never make up my mind about someone unless I've got some hard data. I don't believe, and I don't disbelieve.

• Love 3

I am also sick and tired of the SPECULATIONS. You can't make hate go away with hate. That's what Davina didn't understand and that is the same mistake Ashley friends are making.

Nothing is going to change my mind that Ashley didn't know about this when she was acting up..

Nothing?

I mean, I think it is unlikely, but certainly there could be evidence that she did know -- even conclusive evidence. Personally, I think both of them have behaved peculiarly and I can't figure it out. I am not taking sides. It seems unfortunate.

And you know what would be just hilarious? If they wind up deciding to stay together at the final.

The Cortney interview had a link to the casting video from S1. One of the casting people said that they told people initially it was a dating reality show because if they told everyone it was an arranged marriage show, they'd get "the wrong kind of people." It seems to be prophetic now. Now that there have been 3 seasons and people know about the show, the success rate gets worse and worse. Only one couple even seems to be on MAFS. The other 2 are in a terrible sitcom about couples that accidentally gets married and can't stand each other.

• Love 3

If the insiders info I just got is true, Ashley is a big liar and a fake... She should be apologizing to David... I am so angry right now... Let's hope the rumor is just a rumor

Edited by ctbabe

I am just going to say a little bit of the gist. The insider is someone known to both David and Ashley. Insider stays in ATL.

Ashley and her exboyfriend broke up 6months before the wedding to David, not 1year as stated on the show. She did this show partly to make her ex jealous and also for the money. According to the insider, it's 20k not 100k. She got fired from her nanny job because the Dad lost his job and couldn't afford Ashley's fees. The reason why Ashley and her exBF broke up was because he wouldn't marry her.

Ashley's friend was badmouthing her at the wedding. She said that Ash did it for the money and to make her ex jealous. This same friend was taking pictures at the wedding and when confronted by the producer. She attacked the producer and was arrested.

David was playing along after being encouraged by production but was pretty fed up after 6weeks. They decided to divorce but He wanted to remain friends and show a united front (I paraphrased). Ashley agreed. They were friends when the show started airing. They would text during episodes and fill the other in abt what happened during a scene that the other wasn't aware of. People started bashing Ashley and everything changed.

*sorry I have to go back to work. I would finish it later.. ignore the typos

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 5

I am just going to say a little bit of the gist. The insider is someone know to bot David and Ashley. Insider stays in ATL.

Ashley and her exboyfriend broke up 6months before the wedding to David, not 1year as stated on the show. She did this show partly to make her ex jealous and also for the money. According to the insider, it's 20k not 100k. She got fired from her nanny job because the Dad lost his job and couldn't afford Ashley's fees. The reason why Ashley and her exBF broke up was because he wouldn't marry her.

Ashley's friend was badmouthing her at the wedding. She said that Ash did it for the money and to make her ex jealous. 

I've been saying this for a while now - Ashley's got someone else and went on the show to make him jealous. It explains absolutely everything about her behaviour that we've seen. I'll be pretty amazed if this is not true.

P.S. Ashley = Jamie 2.0, except with coldness instead of hysterics. Jamie also did MAFS while still hung up on another guy. This makes Jamie's interview of David ("What were you THINKING???") look even worse now!

Edited by okerry
  • Love 5

BTW Her plan worked because She is back with her ex.

Well, that would make sense if her "make him jealous by going on MAFS" plan worked by the time of the honeymoon, because she really shut down after that!

Seriously, I think both Ashley and Jamie ought to be slapped with breach of contract for going on this show when they were NOT ready for a new relationship with ANYONE. And the "experts" ought to be sued for malpractice for not being able to tell when a person is still hung up on an ex and is doing the show on the rebound and/or trying to make the ex jealous.

• Love 4

BTW Her plan worked because She is back with her ex.

If he stays with her, that dude is in for a horrible life.

Id laugh if Ashley went through this, gets exposed as a liar, is publically vilified - all so she can be with her dream man - who uses her for sex for a few months before dumping her again.

• Love 10

See, this is why I couldn't dredge up an ounce of sympathy when text-gate came out, since it was obvious she didn't give a shit. But if this is true, then I feel bad for David, since she had an ulterior motive and really has no room to judge since she never intended to stick with the marriage. So, text away, David! She never wanted you anyway. Sorry, bud.

• Love 6

It wouldn't surprise me at all if CTBabe's findings are true because the circumstances led up to this conclusion as the most likely one and everyone posting here had a part in piecing it together based on many small factors.  It's kind of like the way Sherlock Holmes operated based on piecing the events together by reasoning backwards from effects to root causes.  Only here we are doing it in a group setting.  We all draw inferences from what we see and are told, and the most likely ones seem to resonate with the most people and become the "trending" theory.

• Love 7

I am just going to say a little bit of the gist. The insider is someone known to both David and Ashley. Insider stays in ATL.

Ashley's friend was badmouthing her at the wedding. She said that Ash did it for the money and to make her ex jealous. This same friend was taking pictures at the wedding and when confronted by the producer. She attacked the producer and was arrested.

David was playing along after being encouraged by production but was pretty fed up after 6weeks. They decided to divorce but He want to remain friends and show a united front (I paraphrased). Ashley agreed. They were friends when the show started airing. They would text during episodes and fill the other in abt what happened during a scene that the other wasn't aware of. People started bashing Ashley and everything changed.

*sorry I have to go back to work. I would finish it later.. ignore the typos

Amazingly how this selfish bitch can toy with somebody's emotions like this. These experts need to go.

• Love 11

It wouldn't surprise me at all if CTBabe's findings are true because the circumstances led up to this conclusion as the most likely one and everyone posting here had a part in piecing it together based on many small factors.  It's kind of like the way Sherlock Holmes operated based on piecing the events together by reasoning backwards from effects to root causes.  Only here we are doing it in a group setting.  We all draw inferences from what we see and are told, and the most likely ones seem to resonate with the most people and become the "trending" theory.

and some posters post as fact after possible scenarios are suggested. Just saying...

• Love 3

Makes the most sense. Her phone became her best friend during the honeymoon when David was trying his damnedest to get to know her. She could barely turn her head towards him when answering him. Red flag was when she said her longest relationship was NINE YEARS. ..seriously, WTF? I just wish the show paid nothing so we could watch genuinely interested people give marriage a go. Stupid contracts ruin everything.

• Love 9

Amazingly how this selfish bitch can toy with somebody's emotions like this. These experts need to go.

ITA. Ashley and Jamie both. Did neither of them remember that they'd be simply using another man to get back at an ex? Cold-blooded and selfish to a breathtaking degree - and the 'experts' saw nothing, or didn't care.

• Love 7