Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

the real problem with ashley is during the casting process to get on this show the experts and casting asked her a series of questions about if she would be open to all different types of guys she answered yes so when she answered yes that was her first mistake or lie because its clearly shown on this show shes not open to all different kind of guys shes open to the kind of guys she dates and thats it thats why i say this is her own fault because she knowly went on a show where the experts were likely to give her a different kind of guy then she normally dates and wasnt open minded about the process and then went on twitter instead of saying listen i went on this show expecting a certain type of guy i didnt get it so me and david didnt work or she didnt own anything and tried to blame david for anything their is a lesson here NEVER GO ON A REALITY SHOW AND PLAY THE VICTIM IF YOU REALLY ARENT THE VICTIM 

Maybe Ashley thought she should try a different kind of guy and agreed to be more open.  But then reality hit and she decided that she really wanted what she wanted and wasn't open after all.  Most people have a type and stick with it. 

My problem with this is why did she not drop out at the wedding?

We had a couple drop out and Sam/Neil was the replacement.  This is why they were married three weeks later then the other pairs.  Ashley went through with the wedding, with no intention of making this marriage work (she might have even been trying to make an ex boyfriend jealous), because she wanted the money and to manipulate her image as the poor put upon wife, who is trying so hard.  This was her sole motive for going forward with the marriage.

This is an absolutely shitty thing to do to David, who sincerely was looking for someone to share his life .

I don't think we know yet what her 'sole' motive is.  Can't agree that David was sincerely looking for someone to share his life.  Though he did say he sucked at dating and I think I'd agree with him on that.  To me, it looked like David wanted insta-wife and it didn't matter who it was as long as she was attractive and played the role that he envisioned. 

Instead she doesn't explain anything, she just turns off. We're left wondering what the hell is going on in her head. What's she hiding? What's wrong with her? She's confusing poor David! What a cold hearted bitch!

Either that bitch Ashley went on the show for nefarious reasons and didn't care whose emotions she toyed with when she signed up 

Posters rail on Ashley for being a robot, a cold hearted bitch, who hasn't given David any affection or attention.  How then is she toying with him?  How is she confusing him? She's been consistent -- fairly distant and aloof on camera all along.  All the 'toying' comes from David's assertions of "falling in love" etc that don't seem to be borne out of anything we see on TV.

Wait, wasn't it Tres that was found off Tinder? Not David? 

Not sure how they found Tres but that's how they found David.  It was linked to many pages back.

• Love 3

Found it posted on this forum in September.  I copied and pasted.......

OK guys, here's some of the BEST information about MAFS 3 you will read ANYWHERE. This information comes DIRECTLY from one of the participants (David) mothers. I will copy and paste her entire message to me!!

"The show is done filming and will air in Nov. They filmed me a lot also because I was the only parent for both of them in Atlanta. I have a lot more respect for actors now, filming is exhausting work. I had to walk into a restaurant and we must of done that one scene 15 times to get all the angles right. We'd start filming early and not finish until past midnight, plus my son still had to work at his job.I'm glad it's over and Ashley, my son David's wife is sweet. I don't know how it ends because my son and his wife have to stay apart until it airs, kind of like the bachelor. If they break secrecy then they don't get paid and they would be out $100K. I got 3 Checks from the producers today in the mail, the movie industry pays well and they pay for everything. My son was tricked to be on the show. He was on Tinder and met this girl. When they met in person, she confessed that she was really a producer and asked him to be on the show David refused until they told him how much they would pay him. It was fun but exhausting. My son really wanted to be married and settle down, but I have a feeling Ashley did it for the money because she was unemployed. We're having a preview party here with all the people that were on the show. I think you'll like the show, some parts are funny. Hope you're all doing great. Hugs.

^^^^ This message was written from David's mom to a friend of hers.  However, this friend leaked this text/email on a huge MAFS site with many other comments about David.  Saying he had many issues.   Word got out about this ^^^^^^ message and she removed herself from the MAFS site and we heard David's mom was upset.  She also deleted all her comments.   

Since this message was posted months before the start of the season I cannot remember the comments this friend said about David.  We were not as focused on all the postings because the show had not aired yet.

Edited by tinypeanut

I don't know if it was Tinder or another dating site.  Before the show started a copy of an email or txt from his mom went around some of the sites.  She stated David signed up for a dating site and went on a date but did not know it was a producer for this show.  He was not interested until she mentioned how much they pay if selected for MAFS.   

She also mentioned she would be on the show and get paid for her appearances.  How tiring it was to do the show because they shot many takes before they got the scene right.

I am sure someone can find the text/email since it hit many of these sites in November or December. 

So, David only did it for money and not for love?  By his mother's admission?  Interesting.  Here's the link:  http://starcasm.net/archives/335998

• Love 1

Posters rail on Ashley for being a robot, a cold hearted bitch, who hasn't given David any affection or attention.  How then is she toying with him?  How is she confusing him? She's been consistent -- fairly distant and aloof on camera all along.  All the 'toying' comes from David's assertions of "falling in love" etc that don't seem to be borne out of anything we see on TV.

If the speculation is true that she only did the show to make her ex jealous, then she was toying with the emotions of someone she didn't know. She could have been matched with someone who was sincerely doing the show to find a wife, but none of that mattered to her. It wouldn't have mattered who was at the altar, she would have treated them the same way she did David. If the rumors are true, then David was a casualty of her selfishness, no matter what his intentions regarding the experiment happened to be. He never stood a chance.

Also, and this isn't directed at anyone specific, but why is it so hard to believe that one can not like Ashley and also not be in love with David? It's not a Coke or Pepsi situation. We're all human (I'm assuming), which means we can carry more than one thought in our minds at one time. I don't like the way Ashley has treated the dude, period. I think either he's playing it up for the cameras, doing/saying what production wants him to or he's delusional. I'm not in love with him and I don't want to marry him. I wouldn't let that woman near me as a nurse, social worker or a bagger at a grocery store. 

• Love 12

IF Ashley did the show to make ex jealous, seems like a big chance to take that she would make the cut, anyway I wonder what she would have done if the guy at the alter had been a gorgeous dark haired successful man. Just her type that was all about her, would it have been so sorry Mr ex? Just speculating and hanging out with you guys is fun. I also think it would be interesting to hear Mr x's take on all this, seems like he would want to defend her.

• Love 4

So, David only did it for money and not for love? By his mother's admission? Interesting. Here's the link: http://starcasm.net/archives/335998

In the copy of the email that was pasted his mom said that he really wanted to get married and settle down. It's toward the end of the email. I can't tell if that's in general or specifically with Ashley. It's right there in the email that was cut and pasted.

Sounds like he was reluctant to go on the show, though. That doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't want to get married.

Also wrt Tinder - I have 2 daughters in their twenties who have met and dated (not hooked up with) men from Tinder. The oldest dated someone she met there for >8 months and the youngest has been with her guy from Tinder for >1.5 years.

I asked them a lot of questions about it due to my lack of familiarity and inherent discomfort with Tinder and they said that some people use it to hook up while others use it to date.

So I do not infer anything about David's intentions from that.

Edited by BBDi
  • Love 3

Ok thanks tinypeanut for that copy. I do remember it now. I swear there is so much at times that sometimes info does get blurred by this point in time which is why I asked if he had or if it was Tres or heck even both. LOL

BBDI, I know Tinder is mostly used as a hook up but really any dating site/app could be the same or used as a legit way to find someone as well or just turn into more from the hook up. Heck I meet my husband from a dating site long before it became the "thing to do". There was no Match or EHarmony or any of the stuff there is now. It was a time when it was actually looked more down upon. Yet we are coming up on our 15th wedding anniversary and 17 yrs together total this summer. So honestly I think with how it is nowadays the apps/sites are used for many different reasons. Yet I do think if this show is going out there using things like Tinder or whatever else to find singles for the show that it doesn't look good. It looks desperate on their part.

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 4

Heck I meet my husband from a dating site long before it became the "thing to do". There was no Match or EHarmony or any of the stuff there is now. It was a time when it was actually looked more down upon. Yet we are coming up on our 15th wedding anniversary and 17 yrs together total this summer.

Back then it was consider strange to meet someone online or on a dating site.  My friend went that route and is still married.  Now days it is considered normal. 

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 2

A way to fix the show would be for the couples to talk to each other & offer support/advice. I think we would see more real thoughts & feeling rather than speaking to the diary cam. And it would make good TV!

Or how about having an after-show like on Bachelor in which they could discuss the episode that just aired. That would take the fake "story line" out of the equation. Everyone should get an opportunity to explain their thoughts & feelings.

Clearly filming hundreds of hours & editing down to 15 minutes a week is NOT WORKING!

It leads to mass confusion & participants feeling like they need to defend themselves except they can't because they are not allowed to discuss the show contractually.

I believe things would not have gotten so ugly and out of control had they had a chance to discuss what their real feelings. Instead the show just picks story lines & airs the parts that fit with them.

Edited by Meliss
  • Love 1

So honestly I think with how it is nowadays the apps/sites are used for many different reasons. Yet I do think if this show is going out there using things like Tinder or whatever else to find singles for the show that it doesn't look good. It looks desperate on their part.

If I were casting for people supposedly serious about trying to find a spouse but haven't found one yet and willing to be fixed up by an expert, I'd be very suspicious of anyone who hasn't tried on-line dating. If you are not willing to go on computer assisted blind date, you can't possibly be willing to do a "blind marriage."  I think they might use TInder more than EHarmony or one of the other sites with more of a reputation for people seeking permanent partners because they are looking for people in their mid-20s, rather than 30 or 40-year-olds.  It's TV and they never want to cast someone with wrinkles. TInder apparently skews much younger than EHarmony.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2015/04/06/online-datings-age-wars-inside-tinder-and-eharmonys-fight-for-our-love-lives/

If the speculation is true that she only did the show to make her ex jealous, then she was toying with the emotions of someone she didn't know. She could have been matched with someone who was sincerely doing the show to find a wife, but none of that mattered to her. It wouldn't have mattered who was at the altar, she would have treated them the same way she did David. If the rumors are true, then David was a casualty of her selfishness, no matter what his intentions regarding the experiment happened to be. He never stood a chance.

Also, and this isn't directed at anyone specific, but why is it so hard to believe that one can not like Ashley and also not be in love with David? It's not a Coke or Pepsi situation. We're all human (I'm assuming), which means we can carry more than one thought in our minds at one time. I don't like the way Ashley has treated the dude, period. I think either he's playing it up for the cameras, doing/saying what production wants him to or he's delusional. I'm not in love with him and I don't want to marry him. I wouldn't let that woman near me as a nurse, social worker or a bagger at a grocery store. 

(bolding mine)

If what David's mother said is true, then David did it for the money.  Is that more honorable than doing it to make someone else jealous?

I don't like Ashley and I don't think she's a good fit for the show.  I am not sure though how she's the worst people to ever live and deserving of such outrage and anger on these boards and other sites.  I also don't like David based on what I have seen  on the show.  I don't think he's the worst person ever either nor do I think he's some poor rube who is being hoodwinked by devious Ashley.  He doesn't get my sympathy.  He seems to have gone into this for his own reasons and with eyes wide open.  On this show, I'd vote for Sam being the worst for how she spoke to Neil on camera. 

• Love 2

(bolding mine)

In the copy of the email that was pasted his mom said that he really wanted to get married and settle down. It's toward the end of the email. I can't tell if that's in general or specifically with Ashley. It's right there in the email that was cut and pasted.

Sounds like he was reluctant to go on the show, though. That doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't want to get married.

Also wrt Tinder - I have 2 daughters in their twenties who have met and dated (not hooked up with) men from Tinder. The oldest dated someone she met there for >8 months and the youngest has been with her guy from Tinder for >1.5 years.

I asked them a lot of questions about it due to my lack of familiarity and inherent discomfort with Tinder and they said that some people use it to hook up while others use it to date.

So I do not infer anything about David's intentions from that.

If we are to believe that his mother wrote that, then I think his intentions are pretty clear.  "David refused until they told him how much they would pay him." Not David refused until he learned that he could skip all the dating part that he sucks at (by his own admission) and wind up married to his soul mate... no, it's 'how much they would pay him".  No need to infer, the intention is laid out.

Is Tinder solely a hook-up site?  No, but is it the go-to dating site for marriage minded folks?  I think that answer is also no.

If I were casting for people supposedly serious about trying to find a spouse but haven't found one yet and willing to be fixed up by an expert, I'd be very suspicious of anyone who hasn't tried on-line dating. If you are not willing to go on computer assisted blind date, you can't possibly be willing to do a "blind marriage."  I think they might use TInder more than EHarmony or one of the other sites with more of a reputation for people seeking permanent partners because they are looking for people in their mid-20s, rather than 30 or 40-year-olds.  It's TV and they never want to cast someone with wrinkles. TInder apparently skews much younger than EHarmony.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2015/04/06/online-datings-age-wars-inside-tinder-and-eharmonys-fight-for-our-love-lives/

I agree that using a dating site in general isn't a bad way to go.  Tinder is an interesting choice because it's kinda like the old AOL Am I Hot feature where it's all about initial impressions.  OKCupid is another hook-up site but people claim to have met their future spouse on there.  Not impossible, but is it probable?  Match claims the most marriages.  EHarmony claims the highest success rate (percent versus quantity).  I'd feel the show would get more qualified participants if they advertised on the sites instead of tricking members by asking them out on dates.

• Love 3

I think finding him on Tinder wouldn't be an issue if they were transparent about it.  They're advertising it as a show where deserving applicants have tried everything with no success and seek this out to try to find love.  What they're really doing is hitting people up on Tinder and offering them cash to do a show....  It's just disingenuous.

• Love 4

(bolding mine)

If what David's mother said is true, then David did it for the money.  Is that more honorable than doing it to make someone else jealous?

I don't like Ashley and I don't think she's a good fit for the show.  I am not sure though how she's the worst people to ever live and deserving of such outrage and anger on these boards and other sites.  I also don't like David based on what I have seen  on the show.  I don't think he's the worst person ever either nor do I think he's some poor rube who is being hoodwinked by devious Ashley.  He doesn't get my sympathy.  He seems to have gone into this for his own reasons and with eyes wide open.  On this show, I'd vote for Sam being the worst for how she spoke to Neil on camera. 

Agreed. Sam is the worst.

If David just agreed to do the show for the money then no, he's no more honorable than she is. But at least he tried to take part in the experiment. Maybe the money persuaded him to do it (and his admitted difficulty with dating), but it's really not the same thing as going on the show with the intention to make your ex jealous. That means, to me, that she never had any intentions to actually do the experiment. She was just going to wait it out and see if her ex was bothered by it. That's a cruel trick to pull on someone.

It is completely possible, some would say probable, that Ashley wasn't honest when she signed up for the show. She had an ulterior motive. Also possible that David was convinced by the money. 

Y'all gone get this thread locked. It's really not that serious.

• Love 6

They need to take the money out of the equation and they might get more honest people who really want to get married.  Make the money a small amount so that it is not the reason most people do the show.  Some people say 100,000 is not a lot of money but it is too much.  They should pay them 20,000 or so.

Edited by tinypeanut

They need to take the money out of the equation and they might get more honest people who really want to get married. Make the money a small amount so that it is not the reason most people do the show. Some people say 100,000 is not a lot of money but it is too much. They should pay them 20,000 or so.

That would be a great idea. How big is the contestant pool do you think? I wonder if it is big enough as is to do that and still have an adequate number. For some reason, I thought they had a pretty small pool but that could just be me in thinking that.

I'm going to throw down a conspiracy theory I read about on another site: (if it was on here & I missed it, I apologize)

David & Ashley figured out on their honeymoon that it was not going to work so they came up with the plan together to put out a narrative that would keep people watching & keep them on the show. He would be over the top for her & she would have a hard time liking or being interested in him.

If true, it does explain some of the confusing parts of the show. Also if true, their idea backfired on Ashley & he ended up with lots of women swooning over him. (Check Facebook if you don't believe me). I can see how Ashley would be pissed & feeling like she got the bad end of the deal & since they were equal partners David should have tried to help her image. And, he did say a few things along the way that put her in a positive light on Twitter & in interviews. So maybe he tried to meet his end of the deal but Ashley didn't think it was enough--deal over.

This theory is interesting but they would have to be very good actors to pull it off--idk.

I don't know the number of people who signed up for the show but I heard it was a large amount.  100,000 would make many people (especially unemployed) sign up.

I think on the first show of this season when we saw them in a room they had eliminated many of them and just picked the cream of the crop.  OK, wrong wording......

This show could be more successful if the people were not actors, models, attention seekers, people trying to promote their future or people wanting money.  

I'm going to throw down a conspiracy theory I read about on another site: (if it was on here & I missed it, I apologize)

David & Ashley figured out on their honeymoon that it was not going to work so they came up with the plan together to put out a narrative that would keep people watching & keep them on the show. He would be over the top for her & she would have a hard time liking or being interested in him.

If true, it does explain some of the confusing parts of the show. Also if true, their idea backfired on Ashley & he ended up with lots of women swooning over him. (Check Facebook if you don't believe me). I can see how Ashley would be pissed & feeling like she got the bad end of the deal & since they were equal partners David should have tried to help her image. And, he did say a few things along the way that put her in a positive light on Twitter & in interviews. So maybe he tried to meet his end of the deal but Ashley didn't think it was enough--deal over.

This theory is interesting but they would have to be very good actors to pull it off--idk.

I read that in the past few days but don't know if I believe it.  I also read that Ashley refused to go to the reunion show.  Now, that was shocking to me.  She and David had their "reunion" interview alone with one or two of the experts.

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 1

According to the link:

http://okhereisthesituation.com/2015/12/20000-people-applied-season-3-mafs/

More than 20,000 people applied for season 3. Sure buddy, sure. If you believe that Levkoff, Epstein, Celona and Pepper are experts.

For 100,000 I'm sure a lot will sign up. Though I don't believe the "experts" at all. I am in grad school for clinical psych and I can't believe that diploma mill doctor is on there. But then again, if you are a legitimate psychologist you wouldn't be on this show.

• Love 2

Personally, I think they could fix the show but it would have to change drastically. Six weeks is a joke. One year, with unlimited counseling. Payoff is a strong and happy marriage or they pay for your divorce. Maybe only pay for lost wages, travel, that sort of thing. Maybe fewer couples, maybe just one. No social media so it doesn't become a pissing contest. More like a documentary, but then I like documentaries. Fame whores would melt away. As it is, it fits nicely into an hour slot and can be recycled ad nauseum so they can make bazillion of advertising dollars. My version would have to be on PBS, LOL! !!

• Love 3

That would be genius if they did that. If it's true, Ashley should play up the villain role and embrace it. On other reality shows if the villain owns it, they become a legend and have tons of fans. If not, they are hated.

• Love 1

PLEASE stop sniping at each other about your opinions. Especially after things have calmed down around here.

We're not going to lock the thread at present, but if it blows up again, we may be forced to. We don't like doing that.

Also, I will say again (and try to get a t-shirt made, for emphasis): Report, do NOT Engage.  If you see a post that violates our be civil rule or you feel attacked or find something troublesome or over the line, hit the report button, and we'll get here pretty fast. Do not escalate things in the thread by replying.

Thanks!

• Love 2

On this show, I'd vote for Sam being the worst for how she spoke to Neil on camera. 

I could not agree more!!! I have thought from the get go she was the worse person on this show and that someone should have stepped in during the beginning. As well as that those so called experts should have been calling her out each time they were trying to speak to them and she is looking at the ground or all over and bobbing the head up and down, clearly not listening. Any real expert I would think would have said something like "excuse me Sam. Are you listening and understanding anything I am saying?" Of course why would they bother though. Instead the show tries to give her this turn around at the end and I for one will never buy it since she has been a horrible bitch on SM as well from what has been posted here of her stuff. If anyone is a bitch it is her IMO and it is beyond that. 

I'd feel the show would get more qualified participants if they advertised on the sites instead of tricking members by asking them out on dates.

AGREE! Instead of using those things and acting like they are going on a "date" with whoever they should set up some agreement with the sites to see if they can find people for their show and in return throw advertising in for their dating site/app. Don't go out and lie/trick people into this stuff.  

Agreed. Sam is the worst.

If David just agreed to do the show for the money then no, he's no more honorable than she is. But at least he tried to take part in the experiment. Maybe the money persuaded him to do it (and his admitted difficulty with dating), but it's really not the same thing as going on the show with the intention to make your ex jealous. That means, to me, that she never had any intentions to actually do the experiment. She was just going to wait it out and see if her ex was bothered by it. That's a cruel trick to pull on someone.

It is completely possible, some would say probable, that Ashley wasn't honest when she signed up for the show. She had an ulterior motive. Also possible that David was convinced by the money. 

I will agree that if it was for the money its not ok.....BUT at the same time he is the one that came off looking like he tried and she came off like she checked out the second she saw him. And IF she came on for the rumored reasons mentioned then its bad as well. 

Now I honestly think no money should be paid to these people. If anything the ONLY thing to do with money should be either 1) helping pay for the rentals/mortgages on the places they had before getting married or 2) paying for the temp rental they are to live in during the show. Obviously they should pay for the weddings and all that comes with that (a limit set I am sure), the honeymoon and toss in an a few extras paid for that would be things each person likes to do that can be done as a couple to help get to know each other. I also thing they need to have it set in stone that they HAVE to live together the whole time. Filming or no filming being done it was VERY obvious this season who was not living together at all. I think if they do that money is cut off on which ever is being paid for their living arrangements. I think if you make things clear in this and its not a payday show you might get different people. You might not. Still may see those that want that 15 mins no matter what in hopes of either 1) they get another season like 2 couples form the first season, 2) move on to some other type of show that will pay them, or 3) a dating show similar to like Monet did. Another thing dump the so called experts and hire on new ones. Cut it down to 2-3 of them and make sure they aren't such jokes as the ones we have now. 

• Love 2

Moving on to a new subject--

I wouldn't be so hard on the experts except they claim to be the ones who make the matches.

Tres & Vanessa are pretty easy to match out of everyone this year. But they should not have been matched together. Tres works a lot of hours & likes to go out with friends. Vanessa prefers to have a husband home more & prefers to stay in.

Tres has to be matched with someone who:

A . Also likes to go out a lot with friends or

B. Doesn't mind it if her husband goes out while she is at home.

They are who they are and never should have been matched. This was a major oversight.

• Love 1

Personally, I think they could fix the show but it would have to change drastically. Six weeks is a joke. One year, with unlimited counseling. Payoff is a strong and happy marriage or they pay for your divorce. Maybe only pay for lost wages, travel, that sort of thing. Maybe fewer couples, maybe just one. No social media so it doesn't become a pissing contest. More like a documentary, but then I like documentaries. Fame whores would melt away. As it is, it fits nicely into an hour slot and can be recycled ad nauseum so they can make bazillion of advertising dollars. My version would have to be on PBS, LOL! !!

LOL I have to say I agree on the SM. I honestly wish they would make them stay off it until the show has finished airing. As well as family and friends saying anything. It would really help cut down on that pissing contest for sure. Then again I am VERY anti SM and find it to be the problem for many issues with people nowadays. I do think 6 weeks is 2 short a time to really know if you want to stay together or not for some. Yet it might help if they lived together the whole time with that issue. Or double the time frame for how long they live (and really live) together. No matter what something needs to change with this show.

BTW, I like PBS. They have 2 shows I love and are one of the few places that ever plays Anne of Green Gables...which I love. LOL 

• Love 1

Is Tinder solely a hook-up site?  No, but is it the go-to dating site for marriage minded folks?  I think that answer is also no.

I agree that using a dating site in general isn't a bad way to go.  Tinder is an interesting choice because it's kinda like the old AOL Am I Hot feature where it's all about initial impressions.  OKCupid is another hook-up site but people claim to have met their future spouse on there.  Not impossible, but is it probable?  Match claims the most marriages.  EHarmony claims the highest success rate (percent versus quantity).  I'd feel the show would get more qualified participants if they advertised on the sites instead of tricking members by asking them out on dates.

Maybe it's more of an interviewing process.  Not sure how Tinder works, but if the casting person was able to make a date to meet with potential candidates, it's a way of screening.   People can look great in a profile but that doesn't necessarily translate to good on camera.    Although, based on what they say the "experiment" is about, how they translate on camera shouldn't be a big part of qualifying for a place in the show.  But you know that is does. 

We specifically asked our insider.. he said it's false.. David would never agree to look like a cheater while Ashley would never agree to look cold

• Love 2

Regarding the use of Tinder, I agree with the person earlier who said that Tinder skews to a younger crowd and that's the age range the producers need.  I think they want to avoid participants who have been previously married and divorced, nor do they want people with kids.  Speaking as a single woman in her late 30s, there are very few people in my age range that fit those two qualifications!  If they're going to use dating sites (which I'm not sure is a totally great idea) then they're better off with the ones where you find larger populations of younger people. 

I also agree they should have to go off social media until the show finishes airing!

• Love 1

According to the link:

http://okhereisthesituation.com/2015/12/20000-people-applied-season-3-mafs/

More than 20,000 people applied for season 3. Sure buddy, sure. If you believe that Levkoff, Epstein, Celona and Pepper are experts.

There was an article from Sam Dean the excutive producer (I think on Reality Tv with Bee) that the 20 000 was nation wide and once they threw out the undesirables that Atlanta had the best variety of participants. So there was a general casting call, then a more direct one with them actively seeking participants (aka men from dating apps) they also started Miami casting from the same applicants pool straight after confirming Atlanta's participants to try to avoid more rushed casting decisions.

It seems universal that they need to seek out men, a family friend was approached by casting people at his business for Australia season 2 he laughed in their face as he had never heard of the show plus he was only about 3 weeks out of a 4 year relationship. That did not bother them they reached out again about a month later to ask him again where he told them bluntly where to go.

When all is said and done, there are too many conflicting accounts and self-serving SM snipes and ping-pong matches from too many peripheral third-parties for me personally to figure out the truth vs lies and obfuscation.

There are a couple of things that do jump out at me though that make me want to comment:

As the Experts and narrator told us in the first two episodes, over 9,000 applicants came in to the open casting-calls to listen to the pitches and fill out preliminary forms. So let's say that 8,000 of them said no, thanks, once they heard the MAFS premise; dating or bachelor(ette)-ing, fine; marriage? Go to hell assholes.

That leaves 1,000 people (for argument's sake). If we believe the Experts' rendition of the stringency and comprehensiveness of the selection process, there has to be a decent amount of time involved to get the evaluations judged, do personal interviews, make home visits , do the decision-making with all the give-and-take necessary to reach a consensus, follow-up home visits to announce "you've been matched!" and to film the thrilled winners.

IOW, no candidate walks in one day and on a whim signs up and is instantaneously chosen for this lunacy. So...if I am to believe that someone goes through with this exercise purely for a payday (David? Sam?) or to make an ex jealous enough to propose marriage (Ashley?) then I must also believe that these are decidedly calculating, selfish, disturbed misfits. At the moment, I just can't go there.

My second observation is about Ashley. If she really set out to use MAFS as her weapon of mass manipulation against her ex, how was she doing it? The bf didn't have a Wicked Witch of the West crystal ball to be able to watch the Ashley/David show in real time, right? Which would leave Ashleys family or friends, or Ashley herself, contacting the bf DURING filming to advise him of events? That kind of maneuver approaches a dishonesty and manipulation hard to fathom to me. I need to know more before I can totally buy Ashley being THAT cunning -- phone-attachment/hostage-purse, or not.

• Love 3

This just popped into my head and is just speculation, but another poster upthread got me thinking when they asked why the ex-but-now-reunited boyfriend hasn't defended Ashley on SM: What if Ashley and said Ex actually conspired to BOTH get on the show, have their wedding paid for, make some money and both get famous? And when only she was matched, they decided to go through with it for the money, etc., but she had to promise that there was no way in hell she would be intimate with her match ... .. ... hmmmmm, IDK.

• Love 5

Probably missed this but the girl David text was supposedly a mutual friend of David and Ashley. Ashley claims she didn't know her and she was a friend of a friend. Anybody know what the truth is?

Money is always a great incentive, which is probably the main reason these two decided to do the show...100k is a great salary for 6 weeks. Don't know what the twist is at the end, but if big money is involved anything is possible.

Nope. I don't think that's been sussed out yet.  According to David, it's someone they both knew (he backed off the friend claim).  Ashley said the girl was a friend of a friend and she knew her tangentially.  I'd wager a bet that it was someone in an outer circle.  Maybe it'll come out in the reunion.  Probably not though!

• Love 1

I have a theory that Neil chooses to get a divorce and Sam is tweeting all this craziness to get sympathy from viewers. Based on body language I don't feel that Neil is interested in Sam. I think she just pushed him to the point of total exhaustion. I honestly get a strong vibe they are really not together romantically anymore. Just a theory.

• Love 2

I have a theory that Neil chooses to get a divorce and Sam is tweeting all this craziness to get sympathy from viewers. Based on body language I don't feel that Neil is interested in Sam. I think she just pushed him to the point of total exhaustion. I honestly get a strong vibe they are really not together romantically anymore. Just a theory.

I believe in one of the previews for decision day that Sam runs out of the room. Maybe the twist is Neil says no and then says yes? or maybe he just says no.

• Love 3

I believe in one of the previews for decision day that Sam runs out of the room. Maybe the twist is Neil says no and then says yes? or maybe he just says no.

I think he said No then he changed his mind and said Yes.. that might be the twist

• Love 3

From the social media after text gate it sounds like David spoke to a friend who knew a woman that attended the same school as Ashley, David reached out the woman said she knew who Ashley was but didn't know Ashley so turned down the meeting. She then told Ashley's friend that David had reached out who relayed it to Ashley who then requested a screenshot. David's sister commented that there was a photo of Ashley & the woman together at a some event so Ashley knew who she was as Ashley denied even knowing her.

So they both had a friend that knew the woman but weren't friends with her themselves. In my opinion it just comes down to how you view friends David seems to be a guy that introduces himself and converses with his friends friends while Ashley seems to be one that goes to a party and only engages with people she already knows.

• Love 6

From the social media after text gate it sounds like David spoke to a friend who knew a woman that attended the same school as Ashley, David reached out the woman said she knew who Ashley was but didn't know Ashley so turned down the meeting. She then told Ashley's friend that David had reached out who relayed it to Ashley who then requested a screenshot. David's sister commented that there was a photo of Ashley & the woman together at a some event so Ashley knew who she was as Ashley denied even knowing her.

So they both had a friend that knew the woman but weren't friends with her themselves. In my opinion it just comes down to how you view friends David seems to be a guy that introduces himself and converses with his friends friends while Ashley seems to be one that goes to a party and only engages with people she already knows.

I totally agree with you. She just didn't believe him.

• Love 2

Found it posted on this forum in September. I copied and pasted.......

OK guys, here's some of the BEST information about MAFS 3 you will read ANYWHERE. This information comes DIRECTLY from one of the participants (David) mothers. I will copy and paste her entire message to me!!

..... I don't know how it ends because my son and his wife have to stay apart until it airs, kind of like the bachelor.....

How can this be true? People are expected to marry a stranger, spend six weeks together, decide whether to stay married and if so, stay apart for about twenty-eight weeks???!!! That's a really good way to sabotage a new marriage.

• Love 3

How can this be true? People are expected to marry a stranger, spend six weeks together, decide whether to stay married and if so, stay apart for about twenty-eight weeks???!!! That's a really good way to sabotage a new marriage.

Agree and doubt that they would honestly have to stay apart IF they decided to stay together. When you look at the Bachelor, the ones that did go past the show secretly met up or the show helped make those happen so they weren't apart for the whole time until the final rose happened. With this show I would think since its not as high profile as Bachelor is that it would be easier to be together for those that might want to do so after the fact. 

• Love 2

Season 1 stilled lived together and moved into different apartments, season 2 didn't but then they never really lived together during the experiment either so I think it is pretty safe to say we knew the outcome before the season started for David & Ashley.

• Love 2