Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Being introverted doesn't mean that you're paralyzed with fear at social interaction. It just means that it takes you longer to open up about deep issues. Most introverts I know are completely capable people socially, but they usually require low-key and often private recharge time which I would assume isn't often available when shooting a docu-series.

I thought David was being pushy with the ferris wheel kiss. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if she had told him repeatedly that there wasn't a romantic connection (honeymoon), and on a seperate occassion that she wasn't attracted to him, the kiss seemed presumptuous and rude.

Not trying to start drama but I think you are reading way into this David Ashley thing. Seems like the majority around here are sick of talking about them. I'd love your take on Vanessa and tres rumor that came out early today.

• Love 3

Maybe the Tres and Vanessa rumor was planted to make sure we all tune in for the six months reunion show.

Maybe the Tres and Vanessa rumor was planted to make sure we all tune in for the six months reunion show.

• Love 1

I am a bit confused by why Ashley and her crew are so bitter on SM. I actually thought she said Yes and David said No. Why this level of bitterness and the need to destroy his reputation?

I think it was to divert the attention from herself and her shitty attitude during the 6 weeks.

• Love 6

I am a bit confused by why Ashley and her crew are so bitter on SM. I actually thought she said Yes and David said No. Why this level of bitterness and the need to destroy his reputation

I know many people say they know everything that goes on behind the scenes but I wonder about that.  

• Love 1

I know many people say they know everything that goes on behind the scenes but I wonder about that.

I don't care what happened behind the scene.. After 6months, she is still this bitter after she asked for a divorce. They started the destroy-the-reputation campaign after the 2nd episode.. it's just crazy..

The whole digging up his past and spreading the rumor about David attacking his ex with a knife so she could look innocent, it's just WRONG.. just unnecessary.

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 11

I don't care what happened behind the scene.. After 6months, she is still this bitter after she asked for a divorce. They started the destroy the reputation campaign after the 2nd episode.. it's just crazy..

The whole digging up his past and spreading the rumor about David attacking his ex with a knife so she could look innocent, it's just WRONG.. just unnecessary.

I agree that many of the SM posts were made early in the season which makes me believe there is more going on than we know.  Now, if they did it for some of the reasons we heard in the rumors and they are all true then it is sad.   My opinion is I don't believe everything but I am not privy to all the facts.

spreading the rumor about David attacking his ex with a knife so she could look innocent, it's just WRONG.. just unnecessary.

Has it been proven in some capacity that they authored those tweets? Is it too far fetched to think that David may have other enemies out there? We can disagree, that's fine, but this is speculation.

• Love 1

Has it been proven in some capacity that they authored those tweets? Is it too far fetched to think that David may have other enemies out there? We can disagree, that's fine, but this is speculation.

They were spreading it even though they were not sure if it was true. Its not speculation when everyone has the screenshot of Houser doing that on numerous occasions. We definitely dont have to agree but screenshots don't lie.

• Love 4

This is the scared girl who was forced to marry a woman beater.. pleaseeeee let's get real.

Ashley reminds me of Neal that way -- very stiff when the camera crew is around, more relaxed when they aren't.

I'm not surprised that the arrest isn't exactly as David recounted to People and shame on People mag for not fact checking.  I continue to be surprised at people who go on reality shows with skeletons who seem surprised when the stuff comes out. 

I am also not surprised that those who proclaimed the arrestee (making up a word) wasn't MAFS David but if it was, it wasn't serious, are now proclaiming that they are tired of the subject and it's time to move on.  Ashley's bike riding ex-bf's blog was dissected at length and that was just his opinion.  An arrest record isn't really an opinion.  Ashley's mustache gets more mentions than David's arrest record. 

What I would like to know is - do we have a copy of the participant's contract?  How is Ashley in breach?  Is there a "no frigid bitch" clause?  Or is it just people's opinion that she didn't do the show in good faith and didn't put forward enough of an effort for the cameras?

I will be sorely disappointed if the only couple that makes it is Sam and Neal.

• Love 5

Giggling is not a valid reason to divorce someone.

Tres wanted to be on TV and was recruited by production. I guess he fulfilled his contract as he played the romantic husband role to a T. They didn't have a chance.
I also believe the rumor about his preference for white women. But he is to slick to openly admit to it or act on it in front of the camera.

• Love 2

They were spreading it even though they were not sure if it was true. Its not speculation when everyone has the screenshot of Houser doing that on numerous occasions. We definitely dont have to agree but screenshots don't lie.

Everyone doesn't have screenshots (me). Do you have a screenshot of Houser or any of Ashley's other friends saying specifically that David held a knife to his gf's throat? If you do, please direct me towards it so I can consider changing my feelings about it.

I am also not surprised that those who proclaimed the arrestee (making up a word) wasn't MAFS David but if it was, it wasn't serious, are now proclaiming that they are tired of the subject and it's time to move on. Ashley's bike riding ex-bf's blog was dissected at length and that was just his opinion. An arrest record isn't really an opinion. Ashley's mustache gets more mentions than David's arrest record.

This. This all day.

• Love 4

So on another subject...Back in mid January I saw a friend and we got to talking about crap tv. I mentioned this show and she said omg I know someone whose friend/relative went on that show (I'm trying not to give away the source). I was all like, who? It turned out to be Sam. The source was at the wedding and is close enough to Sam that she should have accurate information.

My friend said, oh yeah, they got divorced right away, like right after the wedding. My friend had never watched the show so she didn't understand the timing, so I don't know if that literally meant right after the wedding, or maybe just at 6 weeks.

Given that my friend doesn't understand how the show works, she didn't ask the questions I would have and prob won't have any opportunity to ask follow up questions.

So since she told me this I've been confident that they would divorce, but now I'm not so sure. I wouldn't put it past Sam to think it would be a fun prank to have friends/relatives spread that they were divorced even if they had stayed together.

Or maybe they did divorce and we are just seeing nonsense, something happened and they decided to keep trying. Who knows?

• Love 4

So on another subject...Back in mid January I saw a friend and we got to talking about crap tv. I mentioned this show and she said omg I know someone whose friend/relative went on that show (I'm trying not to give away the source). I was all like, who? It turned out to be Sam. The source was at the wedding and is close enough to Sam that she should have accurate information.

My friend said, oh yeah, they got divorced right away, like right after the wedding. My friend had never watched the show so she didn't understand the timing, so I don't know if that literally meant right after the wedding, or maybe just at 6 weeks.

Given that my friend doesn't understand how the show works, she didn't ask the questions I would have and prob won't have any opportunity to ask follow up questions.

So since she told me this I've been confident that they would divorce, but now I'm not so sure. I wouldn't put it past Sam to think it would be a fun prank to have friends/relatives spread that they were divorced even if they had stayed together.

Or maybe they did divorce and we are just seeing nonsense, something happened and they decided to keep trying. Who knows?

She sounds so happy, positive and lovey dovey on twitter. I am thinking they kept trying.

Ashley reminds me of Neal that way -- very stiff when the camera crew is around, more relaxed when they aren't.

I'm not surprised that the arrest isn't exactly as David recounted to People and shame on People mag for not fact checking. I continue to be surprised at people who go on reality shows with skeletons who seem surprised when the stuff comes out.

I am also not surprised that those who proclaimed the arrestee (making up a word) wasn't MAFS David but if it was, it wasn't serious, are now proclaiming that they are tired of the subject and it's time to move on. Ashley's bike riding ex-bf's blog was dissected at length and that was just his opinion. An arrest record isn't really an opinion. Ashley's mustache gets more mentions than David's arrest record.

What I would like to know is - do we have a copy of the participant's contract? How is Ashley in breach? Is there a "no frigid bitch" clause? Or is it just people's opinion that she didn't do the show in good faith and didn't put forward enough of an effort for the cameras?

Like I said before it's not that I don't care about the arrest record it's that now that it's out there is no reason to beat a dead horse. I also believe that I stated over a week ago I was sick I'd dicussing the David Ashley thing. It's out now so I don't know why some people are so insistent about keeping on talking about it and refuse to answer questions about others. Makes me think some have a stake in this rather than just being a fan of the show. Its fine if they are part of ashleys family or friends but own it! One person on here claimed to be bored at work but this level of not liking David has gotten past bored at work. I've said before I don't really like either of them.

• Love 6

I have an insider friend who told me that it's in the contract that they cannot file for divorce until after the decision show airs. That means that everyone is still legally married whether they want to be or not. It makes sense in the event that someone could sleuth the records and ruin the decisions.

I'm pulling for Sam and Neil.

Edited by sniglet
  • Love 3

I work 8 hours 6 days a week and usually love coming to these forums and reading about all my favorite TV shows, I still come here and skip most of what's said bc I'm so sick of hearing about david and ashley. Who gives two ducks if he has a record? It doesn't effect my life. And for 20 pages it seems like nothing but david this ashley that. There are others on the show and I for one would love to see what you all have to say about the other couples. The forgotten four as I'll call them.

• Love 3

I'm not surprised that the arrest isn't exactly as David recounted to People and shame on People mag for not fact checking.  I continue to be surprised at people who go on reality shows with skeletons who seem surprised when the stuff comes out. 

I am also not surprised that those who proclaimed the arrestee (making up a word) wasn't MAFS David but if it was, it wasn't serious, are now proclaiming that they are tired of the subject and it's time to move on.  Ashley's bike riding ex-bf's blog was dissected at length and that was just his opinion.  An arrest record isn't really an opinion.  Ashley's mustache gets more mentions than David's arrest record. 

What I would like to know is - do we have a copy of the participant's contract?  How is Ashley in breach?  Is there a "no frigid bitch" clause?  Or is it just people's opinion that she didn't do the show in good faith and didn't put forward enough of an effort for the cameras?

I am on many of the MAFS sites and the majority of people think the arrest record was nothing. Before the article the posts read---- not David MAFS, no mugshot, no police record etc Then when it came out they all changed the subject to other things instead of the arrest, not interested, 8 years ago, changed man, tired of hearing it.  Not everybody who read the police record is trying to bring him down.  Just like reading the personal blogs about Ashley is not trying to bring her down.

Well, I have been trudging through droves of hating Ashley comments and making fun of her for months and did my best to ignore most of them.  There are so many.  I don't understand the level of extreme hate that this woman has generated.  Now if we all knew the "secrets" that others seem to know maybe I could see the real picture.  No matter what the reasons are I will not hate her.  

We all have different opinions and many people are tired of reading about this or that.  Yes, I know, I was tired of reading the Ashley and Sam hate. 

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 4

It will be disappointing if the spoiler about Sam and Neil is true. That would mean none of the couples stay together.

I seriously don't know my opinion about Sam. Some moments I'm not so fond and some moments I like her. I do ultimately want everyone to succeed and fund love so I hope they are together

I seriously don't know my opinion about Sam. Some moments I'm not so fond and some moments I like her. I do ultimately want everyone to succeed and fund love so I hope they are together

I also want them to stay together but I don't think it's easy to forget all the disrespect at the beginning. It was just excessive...

• Love 1

Here is the problem.  We don't really know much about how Neil feels since he keeps things inside.  He brought up to his mother about all the disrespect from Sam early in the relationship but in the car he seemed happy.

I can see these two staying together and I can see them splitting up.  There is not doubt in my mind that if they stay together all their fights will be one sided.

• Love 3

Many of you have taken our advice about using the Report/Ignore functions and not engaging in rude and aggressive back-and-forth- and many have not.  A few bad apples can spoil the bunch, and as such, this thread has been locked for the remainder of today and tonight.

The thread will re-open tomorrow morning so that everyone can take a breather.  In the meantime, we ask that you all consider the following.

When you've made your point, you've made your point.  Don't continue posting over and over again trying to get everyone to believe you or side with you.  This is what's called "beating a dead horse."  It's completely ineffective and also it ruins everyone's good time.  No one ever agrees with Dead Horse Beater. 

If you think someone is breaking the rules, click on "Report this Post" underneath the offending comment.  Enter your comments about why you think it's breaking the rules and a report will be submitted to our PTV Mods team for action. 

If you find someone extremely annoying but they aren't breaking the rules, IGNORE THEM.  It's very easy to do, here are the instructions:

1.  Go to the top of your screen and click on the icon shaped like a person's head and shoulders, next to the bell icon.
2.  Click on "Manage Ignore Prefs".
3.  Type in the annoying person's name.
4.  Click the little boxes to the right that give you options on what to ignore.
5.  Click "Save Changes."
6.  Enjoy your PTV experience without comments from the annoying person showing up to ruin your good time. 

When this thread reopens in the morning, posters who have learned nothing from the timeout and continue to be rude and obnoxious to other posters will be suspended without additional warning. 

Your MAFS Mods

• Love 11

The floor is open and yours; please enjoy.

As a reminder, anyone who is rude/disrespectful/interrogatory toward other posters will be suspended without further warning. 

Your MAFS Mods

So apparently Amazon Video accidentally posted the wrong finale part and actually posted part 2 instead of part one. I have the details if anyone wants them. Not trying to be coy, just don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to wait until tuesday. PM if you're interested.

• Love 1

Tres and Vanessa are staying together.

Sam went first and said that she had become a better person through knowing Neil, cherishes him, and definitely wants to stay married. Neil said he agreed and was wholeheartedly committed to ... a divorce. That's when Sam ran out. Neil said too much of their time together had been unhappy for him, despite any very recent changes Sam had tried to make. Sounded like he never really forgave her for her ugly behavior early on.

Sam and Neil met up on a later day to have a final discussion since Sam left the taping after Neil told her no. She was deliberately blithe and insisted she was fine when Neil apologized. She brushed everything off as a learning experience. She said she was on her way to Costa Rica and had to run. She did manage to accuse Neil of never telling her what he felt the whole time, so pretty much her last word was to lay the blame on him for their communication problems. Neil, to the camera: We had plenty of time to talk if that was what she wanted.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 14

She did manage to accuse Neil of never telling her what he felt the while time, so pretty much her last word was to lay the blame on him for their communication problems. Neil, to the camera: We had plenty of time to talk if that was what she wanted.

Not surprising.  Sam is the same person who said she wasn't responsible for her poor behavior because Neil "never told her" that he hated being bullied, emasculated and abused. 

sniglet, no PMs necessary for spoilers here as this is the Spoiler thread.  Anyone who doesn't want the ending ruined won't be coming around here. 

• Love 6

Not surprising.  Sam is the same person who said she wasn't responsible for her poor behavior because Neil "never told her" that he hated being bullied, emasculated and abused. 

sniglet, no PMs necessary for spoilers here as this is the Spoiler thread.  Anyone who doesn't want the ending ruined won't be coming around here. 

Gotcha! 

• Love 1

Wow, so my spoiler was right after all. I remember when I first heard it, it was kind of a no-brainer, but Sam's recent behavior led me to think otherwise. Good for him. He's a smart guy and probably realized there's a fundamental problem with her.

• Love 6

I have to admit that I did feel slightly bad for Sam. She ran out and was pretty hysterical. Dr. Pepper had to go comfort her. I don't think she was doing it for the cameras either or for sympathy. I think she genuinely started to fall for Neil, but for Neil, the damage was already done. I certainly don't blame him for that though. 

Any chance Sam and Neil are together at the 6 month post show? With her social media I would think maybe they reconnected

I was wondering that. I wasn't around for either of the first two seasons so I can't vouch for their SM behavior. At this point, I have no idea, but she certainly is working it on twitter. But then again, Sam has always been an odd duck....

• Love 3

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them reconnecting off camera.  The SM has been convincing (unless Sam is a total whack-a-do) and several times Sam's dad Bob has referred to him as "son", so I would assume that at the very least they've remained good friends.  Like I said in a previous post, they don't file for divorce until after the decision show airs so they're still legally married either way.

Edited by sniglet
  • Love 2

It's weird, but I have this sort of gut feeling that Tres and Vanessa, who both decided to stay married, are not together anymore, while Sam and Neil who were destined for divorce might be romantically involved. I doubt I am right though. Just  a weird feeling.

Despite whatever happened off camera between Sam and Neil, I still don't feel like Tres and Vanessa make it in the long term. 

• Love 5

Tres and Vanessa are staying together.

Sam went first and said that she had become a better person through knowing Neil, cherishes him, and definitely wants to stay married. Neil said he agreed and was wholeheartedly committed to ... a divorce. That's when Sam ran out. Neil said too much of their time together had been unhappy for him, despite any very recent changes Sam had tried to make. Sounded like he never really forgave her for her ugly behavior early on.

Sam and Neil met up on a later day to have a final discussion since Sam left the taping after Neil told her no. She was deliberately blithe and insisted she was fine when Neil apologized. She brushed everything off as a learning experience. She said she was on her way to Costa Rica and had to run. She did manage to accuse Neil of never telling her what he felt the whole time, so pretty much her last word was to lay the blame on him for their communication problems. Neil, to the camera: We had plenty of time to talk if that was what she wanted.

Interesting... Edited by Paddywagon

...She did manage to accuse Neil of never telling her what he felt the whole time, so pretty much her last word was to lay the blame on him for their communication problems.....

Seems kind of sick to blame the victim of the abuse for the abuse.

Thanks a million Lordonia

• Love 8

It's weird, but I have this sort of gut feeling that Tres and Vanessa, who both decided to stay married, are not together anymore, while Sam and Neil who were destined for divorce might be romantically involved. I doubt I am right though. Just  a weird feeling.

Despite whatever happened off camera between Sam and Neil, I still don't feel like Tres and Vanessa make it in the long term. 

You are not alone. Sams is referencing Neil a lot, and with stuff that you only would say about your boyfriend/husband. Things like "Oh, I don't care, Neil likes me without makeup" etc. Poor guy got trapped in the end.

With Vanessa and Tres, I'm pretty sure they stayed together till about December/early January. That's what she posted on December: https://twitter.com/Vanessa_MAFS/status/674409560925462528I'm sure she wouldn't have done that if they had split up at that point.

They/she used to reference her marriage a lot, used to give the Tweets by Tres' father likes, etc. - and now she isn't. She's keeping silent about the Russells and is mostly talking about food, her blog, her work and God. Also, after the Jenna episode, she wrote she met Jenna only one more time and Jenna ignored her. With Jenna being Tres' good friend, she would have probably met her more than that and wouldn't have been so openly dismissive if they were still together.

To some extent, I understand it. Neil oozed this patient "She will come around" aura. So I can kinda see why she'd think he should have given her a heads up.

But of course, at the end of the day you are right. She's an abusive a**hole (not just cold and insecure, but straightforward abusive), and is starting to miss her doormat.

• Love 4

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them reconnecting off camera. The SM has been convincing (unless Sam is a total whack-a-do) and several times Sam's dad Bob has referred to him as "son", so I would assume that at the very least they've remained good friends. Like I said in a previous post, they don't file for divorce until after the decision show airs so they're still legally married either way.

Interesting that her dad has been calling Neil son. Thanks for the information!

So when would divorce papers be filed? after next week?

Most abusers tend to do that. I'm up in the air about Sam though like maybe she didn't know how abrasive she was. That doesn't excuse her behavior but it would explain some of it.

• Love 4

You are not alone. Sams is referencing Neil a lot, and with stuff that you only would say about your boyfriend/husband. Things like "Oh, I don't care, Neil likes me without makeup" etc. Poor guy got trapped in the end.

With Vanessa and Tres, I'm pretty sure they stayed together till about December/early January. That's what she posted on December: https://twitter.com/Vanessa_MAFS/status/674409560925462528I'm sure she wouldn't have done that if they had split up at that point.

They/she used to reference her marriage a lot, used to give the Tweets by Tres' father likes, etc. - and now she isn't. She's keeping silent about the Russells and is mostly talking about food, her blog, her work and God. Also, after the Jenna episode, she wrote she met Jenna only one more time and Jenna ignored her. With Jenna being Tres' good friend, she would have probably met her more than that and wouldn't have been so openly dismissive if they were still together.

Haha, good to know that I'm not crazy in my thinking!

Very interesting about the timeline of Vanessa/Tres and the possible breakdown of their relationship. I wouldn't be surprised. The truth of the matter is, none of these three couples had the best communication. 

• Love 3