Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Yebbut - she couldn't tell the truth because then she'd be admitting that she went on the show under false pretenses. I think she kind of panicked when, apparently, her plan actually worked and Mr. Ex called and wanted her back. She couldn't admit the truth on camera, so she just completely shut down because she didn't know what else to do.

I know, right? Since Ashley's left us guessing as to why she despises David so much, the only thing that makes sense is she has another guy hiding in the closet. But then I wonder why her mom is screeching on SM about how awful it is to be a cheater when her daughter is a cheater? Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 7

IOW, no candidate walks in one day and on a whim signs up and is instantaneously chosen for this lunacy. So...if I am to believe that someone goes through with this exercise purely for a payday (David? Sam?) or to make an ex jealous enough to propose marriage (Ashley?) then I must also believe that these are decidedly calculating, selfish, disturbed misfits. At the moment, I just can't go there.

My second observation is about Ashley. If she really set out to use MAFS as her weapon of mass manipulation against her ex, how was she doing it? The bf didn't have a Wicked Witch of the West crystal ball to be able to watch the Ashley/David show in real time, right? Which would leave Ashleys family or friends, or Ashley herself, contacting the bf DURING filming to advise him of events? That kind of maneuver approaches a dishonesty and manipulation hard to fathom to me. I need to know more before I can totally buy Ashley being THAT cunning -- phone-attachment/hostage-purse, or not.

As hard as it may be for people like us to fathom, people this manipulative exist.  I say "people" because it's by no means limited to women but the lengths some women will go to to trap a man are amazing to me.  In my own personal life 2 of my best male friends were trapped by manipulative women - One got pregnant to get him to marry her knowing that his sense of obligation would seal the deal while another married the guy under false pretenses claiming she was on board with him in having no children, then suddenly "oops" turns up pregnant when she was supposedly on the pill - And this guy is a DOCTOR and knew she trapped him into having kids against his will.....And these are just two cases I know of in my own life that would involve a lot of premeditation, cunning and manipulation that I never would otherwise believe either of these women possessed, but I can't deny that they did.  

So I personally have no difficulty believing that Ashley might be similarly manipulative to the extent of going on this show with at least a partial motive of making her ex jealous.  Seeing how her mother has acted on social media I don't doubt she had a lot of coaching and prodding from mom in achieving this so I don't think she did it on her own.  Plus I think mom seems more than likely to have been the one to leak the news via social media in such a way that at least friends of the ex would see it and tell him about it.  I also don't think making the ex jealous was Ashley's sole motive for going on the show.  In her situation being at loose ends she probably thought that if she didn't succeed at making him jealous she might actually meet someone to replace him with and it was worth a shot either way.  The fact that she was so rigid about what "type" of guy she would be attracted to tells me she was in no way over the ex and the only way she would replace him is if she found someone who reminded her of him in some way and David just did NOT at all.  So when rebounding from the ex didn't work out for her she only had her other motive of making the ex jealous left to act upon, which is why she was so careful to avoid looking at all receptive to David on camera.

Plus, and this might be the biggest reason I believe that Ashley et al. are capable of this kind of manipulation, is how quick they were to jump on social media to smear David negatively only AFTER they saw the public turning against her and for him.  That tells me he really didn't anger them himself and the only reason they wanted to make him look bad is to try to get the public to think better of her.  People who can do this to an otherwise innocent party for their own twisted reasons are definitely capable of other forms of equally as despicable manipulation, IMHO.

• Love 6

According to the link:

http://okhereisthesituation.com/2015/12/20000-people-applied-season-3-mafs/

More than 20,000 people applied for season 3.  Sure buddy, sure.  If you believe that Levkoff, Epstein, Celona and Pepper are experts.

I could believe that 20,000 people signed up but 19,999 of them would have been women. I still think that's really the biggest problem this show has (well, besides the aforementioned experts.)

• Love 3
I have a theory that Neil chooses to get a divorce and Sam is tweeting all this craziness to get sympathy from viewers. Based on body language I don't feel that Neil is interested in Sam. I think she just pushed him to the point of total exhaustion. I honestly get a strong vibe they are really not together romantically anymore. Just a theory.

I hope  to GOD you are right.  I will lose all sympathy and respect for Neil if he stays in that wretched marriage.

• Love 5

I wouldn't be totally shocked if Neil and Sam decided to give their marriage a little more time after the six weeks, just because of how contrite and mature Sam has been on SM since the show's been airing. I can envision the editors deliberately choosing not to air some scenes that showed them getting closer as the weeks went on, because of the surprise factor. I would personally hard-roll my eyes if Neil agreed, but out of all the couples am most interested in hearing their decision and explanation during the finale.

• Love 3

I wouldn't be totally shocked if Neil and Sam decided to give their marriage a little more time after the six weeks, just because of how contrite and mature Sam has been on SM since the show's been airing. I can envision the editors deliberately choosing not to air some scenes that showed them getting closer as the weeks went on, because of the surprise factor. I would personally hard-roll my eyes if Neil agreed, but out of all the couples am most interested in hearing their decision and explanation during the finale.

She called someone a c*** on twitter 2 weeks ago. She hasn't changed

• Love 7

My second observation is about Ashley. If she really set out to use MAFS as her weapon of mass manipulation against her ex, how was she doing it? The bf didn't have a Wicked Witch of the West crystal ball to be able to watch the Ashley/David show in real time, right? Which would leave Ashleys family or friends, or Ashley herself, contacting the bf DURING filming to advise him of events? That kind of maneuver approaches a dishonesty and manipulation hard to fathom to me. I need to know more before I can totally buy Ashley being THAT cunning -- phone-attachment/hostage-purse, or not.

Well, some of it would be luck, to be sure. There may have been other applicants also on the rebound or hoping to make an ex jealous (hell, Jamie did the same thing on season one) but weren't chosen. It could be that such a motivation made both Jamie and Ashley look especially enthusiastic. For whatever reason, they did get lucky and they did get chosen. And they ran with it.

As far as how Mr. Ex would find out? Are you kidding? "Ashley's going on MAFS!" would be all over SM the minute Ashley found out she'd been picked, and unless Mr. Ex lived in a cave he'd be bound to hear about it from somebody. No problem there.

• Love 1

Where does she work? Seems they wouldn't want to be associated with someone who would say something like that on SM.

At a bank. And she's a branch manager. Scary stuff. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 2

I also don't think making the ex jealous was Ashley's sole motive for going on the show.  In her situation being at loose ends she probably thought that if she didn't succeed at making him jealous she might actually meet someone to replace him with and it was worth a shot either way.  The fact that she was so rigid about what "type" of guy she would be attracted to tells me she was in no way over the ex and the only way she would replace him is if she found someone who reminded her of him in some way and David just did NOT at all.  So when rebounding from the ex didn't work out for her she only had her other motive of making the ex jealous left to act upon, which is why she was so careful to avoid looking at all receptive to David on camera.

Exactly. Either way, once she got chosen Ashley figured she couldn't lose. She'd either get Mr. Ex back by making him jealous, or she'd have a shiny new husband as a replacement.

Except she never seemed to think of what she'd do if (1) Mr. Ex DID call right before the show started filming but after she'd signed the contract, or (2) Mr. Ex didn't call but she didn't want her new groom, either.

The fact that both of those things seem to have actually happened is just a little bit of karmic justice that I, for one, am enjoying. Because the third thing Ashley never seemed to think of was what a rotten thing this was to do to the other participant, who turned out to be David. Her answer was, "throw him under the bus." Worser and worser . . . 

• Love 4

At a bank. And she's a branch manager. Scary stuff. 

I'm surprised people haven't found out which one and bombarded the bank's twitter/facebook demanding that they address her behavior. People can be rabid. 

Who is this Mr Ex?

Ashley's ex-boyfriend. The one she said on the show she'd had a nine-year relationship with. It's mostly speculation, along with spoilers from someone unverified but who claims to have the facts, that she went on the show to make an ex jealous. Pretty much like Jamie did in season one.

Where does she work? Seems they wouldn't want to be associated with someone who would say something like that on SM.

I am on many of the MAFS sites and it amazes the language that is used over and over with the persons real name attached.  What they don't realize is many of the members might actually be a future prospective employer one day.  They might remember the candidates name, yep, talks trash like a sailor and gets into FB or twitter wars........  Move on the next candidate.

I'm surprised people haven't found out which one and bombarded the bank's twitter/facebook demanding that they address her behavior. People can be rabid. 

I thought someone posted it before here. I won't repeat it myself since I would have no clue if that was the correct place and don't feel like its something for me to post anyway but I am surprised as well with how people are at times. While I can't stand her and think she is the worse person on this show, I would never do such things myself. Usually people like her end up doing more harm then good to their own lives (either personal or professional). 

I am on many of the MAFS sites and it amazes the language that is used over and over with the persons real name attached.  What they don't realize is many of the members might actually be a future prospective employer one day.  They might remember the candidates name, yep, talks trash like a sailor and gets into FB or twitter wars........  Move on the next candidate.

I will never understand those that use real names on anything then behave like that. This is why SM type things are bad. People don't think about this stuff and it will come back to bite them one day possibly. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 3

I am pretty much over this season...I do feel it reinforces my long held belief (backed by many shows swirling down a toilet LOL) that after the first one or two seasons of a reality show we see a totally different sort of "cast" member.

Maybe Ashley did come on to make an ex reconsider.....but then many go on the bachelor/ette etc after a breakup don't they?  Others go on to promote their modeling/acting etc careers . The first season of any of these shows is most sincere...and even the first season of this show had the fame hungry retread Jamie.

If there is a next season I fully expect to see a "husband" who is NOT attracted to his wife and watch the hating and the attention that will garner LOL

In the AU version one of the hubbies was NOT attracted to his older, divorced new wife - Oh being a guy he stepped up to the plate but after that did not want to even be in the bed with her or have her touching him it seemed.

Edited by still hoping
  • Love 1

This has been bothering me.. So we can all agree that Ashley was cold on camera but David said in his first interview that they once hid in an empty bath tub and they really talked and laughed. He also said they drank 2 bottles of wine and kissed and spooned off camera. Did he lie or that really happened? I am thinking if he was lying, she would have denied it on twitter. why would she act like he has ebola on camera and be all cozy offcamera? I am confused..

I guess that's why David Said there were mixed signals.

• Love 8

This has been bothering me.. So we can all agree that Ashley was cold on camera but David said in his first interview that they once hid in an empty bath tub and they really talked and laughed. He also said they drank 2 bottles of wine and kissed and spooned off camera. Did he lie or that really happened? I am thinking if he was lying, she would have denied it on twitter. why would she act like he has ebola on camera and be all cozy offcamera? I am confused..

I guess that's why David Said there were mixed signals.

I don't believe it ever happened. 

If there was kissing then why did David say he got his first kiss ( the peck on the cheek he asked for) when he was jumping off that high tower on the last episode. I think he was lying because he wanted to get back at Ashley for being such a cold fish.

• Love 1

I know, Sam could get in big trouble for her behavior.  Companies are not being forgiving these days when it comes to people's public behavior, online or otherwise.  My company went out with an update to their policy recently telling employees that they could be terminated if they were found acting in a way that management felt was inappropriate in a public venue, such as the internet.  I work in a department where I have seen the reports on the situations where people were brought in for disciplinary action up to and including termination.   I can't imagine that a bank would like the bad press Sam's behavior would give them.....I'm hoping she gets a clue before it's too late if it's not already.  But how stupid could she be?  I just can't believe how someone in such a position of responsibility can have lapses of judgement like this.  And you can't excuse her based on not being aware of the possible implications - She should be.  I didn't even grow up with the internet but have some freaking common sense!

• Love 6

Back then it was consider strange to meet someone online or on a dating site. My friend went that route and is still married. Now days it is considered normal.

I have a friend who met her husband over 20 years ago before online dating through the personal ads in the New Yorker

I would like to speculate how this 2 episode finale ends.

episode 1 - reruns of the 6 weeks.  Ashley and David call it quits.  No on is mean.   Then Vanessa and Tres look over reruns and just before they speak.  End of show

episode 2 review of episode 1 and Vanessa and Tres say they will stick together.

Sam and Neil will be the final couple.  She says yes, he says no and she leaves.  She comes back and he agrees to stay

then Jaimie will discuss herself, new jobs, new shows, her hair, teeth and  then let the couples talk

I'm probably wrong and will change my mind before Tuesday night  :0)

• Love 8

Wait a minute  Jaime is hosting the two-parter????? Oh no, I have managed to avoid her to this point. 

No, I think this is her new hosting gig called "Unfiltered" where she is suppose to tell us the truth about what is going on in the show.  Since the producers are editing the crap out of it.  It is on for 15 minutes after each MAFS episode airs.

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 3

No, I think this is her new hosting gig called "Unfiltered" where she is suppose to tell us the truth about what is going on in the show.  Since the producers are editing the crap out of it.  It is on for 15 minutes after each MAFS episode airs.

Instead we hear about how crap Doug is in bed and how awesome Ashley is.

She really is a terrible interviewer, we learn more about her and her opinions than what the couples actually think. How this drivel makes it to air astounds me, her producer mate must really love Jamie.

• Love 10

i believe we might have an successful couple this year but ive liked this years show way better then last years show its truely amazing how little we know yes i have my sources telling me whats going on but its not 100 percent the first two seasons we had good solid spoilers to go off of

i believe we might have an successful couple this year but ive liked this years show way better then last years show its truely amazing how little we know yes i have my sources telling me whats going on but its not 100 percent the first two seasons we had good solid spoilers to go off of

Please could you tell us what your source told you?

• Love 1

Since the "Final Decision" is in two parts, I may skip it until next week and watch them together....but then we have to wait ANOTHER week for the reunion. Argh!  I'm so tired of them dragging this crap out.  

Why do I let myself get sucked into this every year?!?

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 1

Sounds like a non-issue as expected: http://www.people.com/article/married-first-sight-david-norton-denies-domestic-violence-rumors-exclusive

"It also seems some people are looking to find dirt on me. And let me tell you, I'm not perfect. I was arrested when I was 21, after I got into a loud fight with my brother when I caught him with my girlfriend. I smashed a phone in anger, and I wanted nothing more than to get them out of the house. While I was angry, I never hit anyone. I was cited for disorderly conduct, and I ended up attending one two-hour class. Neither my girlfriend nor my brother ever filed charges, and I was never convicted of any crime. I was young and stupid – it's something that I deeply regret and it isn't something that I'm proud of. But I learned and grew as a person, and as the years passed, I reconciled with both my brother, and my ex-girlfriend. Today I can tell you one constant in my life has been that I'm human, and I make mistakes, but I would never hurt anyone, and nothing even remotely close to this has happened since. As much as I wish I could change the past, I cannot. All I can continue to do is to improve the man I am now, who is a far cry from who I was in 2007."

• Love 11

David has spoken out about the rumors

http://www.people.com/article/married-first-sight-david-norton-denies-domestic-violence-rumors-exclusive

So he smashed a phone and had a loud argument after catching his brother with his girlfriend, after all the digging and social media threats it seems to me to be a storm in a teacup.

Thanks for posting, crazychicken. I must admit, I love being right (haha); I told my coworker he probably just slapped a phone out of someone's hand during an argument. Never guessed his brother was involved, but I'm glad he's addressed it so folks can talk about something else now (lol)!

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 6

David has spoken out about the rumors

http://www.people.com/article/married-first-sight-david-norton-denies-domestic-violence-rumors-exclusive

So he smashed a phone and had a loud argument after catching his brother with his girlfriend, after all the digging and social media threats it seems to me to be a storm in a teacup.

Thanks for the link you 2. Who could blame him for what he did during that? Heck many wouldn't have been throwing a phone but worse in that situation. So now we know it was him and the story behind it. What amazes me is how he was towards Ashley in the article. He could have tossed her, her family and friends all under a bus for that whole crap about his arrest and how it got out of hand BUT he didn't. He even said how it was wrong of those that made threats to her (which I still am not sure those happened since there was no proof). Glad he has cleared it all up and even more so for those that saying some of things they had about him because of how out of control the stories were that got made up for this. SMH He lived and learned from it obviously. 

• Love 5

David's version.  Maybe 100% accurate. Maybe not.  What he is saying though, is that it involved his brother.  That would seem to me then, that his sister would have known about this.  Yet didn't his sister deny that the David T. Norton in the AZ case was her brother? 

I hope that it was just a case on temporary rage and that he learned how to manage it going forward. 

• Love 1

I was just thinking that David could have cleared all this up months ago, when the rumor mill first started grinding, but then, the producers would have missed out on any new interest in the show that was brought about by the controversy. Just seems strange that they wouldn't have him jump out in front of this after the train wreck of Ryan Douche of Season 2.

• Love 4

I was just thinking that David could have cleared all this up months ago, when the rumor mill first started grinding, but then, the producers would have missed out on any new interest in the show that was brought about by the controversy. Just seems strange that they wouldn't have him jump out in front of this after the train wreck of Ryan Douche of Season 2.

I don't know why the site would not let me "like" your post.  Seems keeping the drama alive....good and bad.....is the number one goal of this show.  It is sad to think they allow this to go on so long with the David rumors and the Ashley trashing.  These are people.

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 5

David's version.  Maybe 100% accurate. Maybe not.  What he is saying though, is that it involved his brother.  That would seem to me then, that his sister would have known about this.  Yet didn't his sister deny that the David T. Norton in the AZ case was her brother? 

I hope that it was just a case on temporary rage and that he learned how to manage it going forward. 

I don't think his sister was totally denying David was arrested, she said the rumours weren't true as in he didn't attack anyone with a knife. She didn't claim it was someone else or anything like that as far as I recall.

• Love 2

With the shit storm from Season 2 and Season 3 this show seems out of control.  I feel bad for the couples who married in Miami a few weeks ago thinking that Season 3 was not that bad.

Can you imagine in the future nobody will go on this show unless they are friendly, perky, great people, no skeletons in their closet etc, clean lifestyle including family.  etc.  

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 1

With the shit storm from Season 2 and Season 3 this show seems out of control.  I feel bad for the couples who married in Miami a few weeks ago thinking that Season 3 was not that bad.

Can you imagine in the future nobody will go on this show unless they are friendly, perky, great people, no skeletons in their closet etc, clean lifestyle including family.  etc.  

Are the Miami couples already married I thought they were still casting?

With the shit storm that was season 2 I was amazed that any of the season 3 couples married, even before the insider information they had ragey Ryan & anxious Sean. First season we had Jamie 'issues' Otis & Vaughn then this season we had ball buster Sam and cold fish Ashley I do not know why anybody would sign up the track record sucks.

• Love 1

Are the Miami couples already married I thought they were still casting?

With the shit storm that was season 2 I was amazed that any of the season 3 couples married, even before the insider information they had ragey Ryan & anxious Sean. First season we had Jamie 'issues' Otis & Vaughn then this season we had ball buster Sam and cold fish Ashley I do not know why anybody would sign up the track record sucks.

I read that Season 4 was married early in February.  It makes sense because the network likes to marry them off before the current shit storm season ends.  

• Love 1

Concerning this new info from David that this was his arrest record, I'm baffled that his sister said it was not him and that this was not true on Twitter. On the other hand, maybe she was trying to protect him. The problem is that she called people out for lying & called the people who were reporting the arrest record as "creepy." Maybe she didn't know it was him?

Also this is so extremely sad that his own brother would hook up with his girlfriend in his own home. Talk about betrayal--most people would need lots of therapy to move forward from this. I can't imagine.

As far as his story about what happened, the fight had to be bad enough & out of control that the police were called. And he would have broken someone else's phone in order to be charged with this. Weird that it happened at his house & he claims he just wanted them out of the house. If that was the case, and they wouldn't leave, they would have been charged with something as well. And I can't imagine that they were refusing to leave.

So yes, I do not think this story makes sense.

I also think it's odd that he keeps saying Ashley's name as if they are together in fighting against all the haters. I don't see that as a reality at all. at first I thought it was kind of him to ask people to back off of both of them, but it seems like he is using her situation to distract from his own. And by the way, it worked because nearly every comment on the article was about how awful Ashley was & how he needed to get rid of her. So, this was a very successful tactic. No one is commenting on his arrest!

Edited by Meliss

This is why things escalate the Arizona record only has a month of birth, so that gives a range of 31 days for somebody with the same first, last name and middle initial to be a possibility. Yes it could be him it could also be another person with similar statistics, no matter what unless he pulled that sort of behavior with Ashley it does not excuse her behavior and if he had shown any sort of aggression I have no doubt Ashley would have screamed it to the rooftops with the way she handled text gate.

Some people on twitters behavior is appalling, I made the mistake of looking at Carrie's twitter to see if she had added snark this week and there is a group of  5 women from a forum (not us) who proudly bombard her with this information as proof that her brother is a criminal and then boasted on the forum about it. My personal opinion is leave the family members alone they did not sign up for this. For the record she says it is not him

carrie10.jpg

I don't think his sister was totally denying David was arrested, she said the rumours weren't true as in he didn't attack anyone with a knife. She didn't claim it was someone else or anything like that as far as I recall.

I think it was more of a blanket denial according to the above screenshots.  There might be other tweets from her but I don't follow the cast on Twitter so I may not have seen those.