Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I know some folks were wondering if there had been a reunion show filmed for this season.  Tres posted this a few hours ago.

"Tres Russell Verified account 
‏@Tres_MAFS  
Tres Russell Retweeted Hailey Boggus

Last regular episode tonight. Decision day next week. Reunion show the following week #MarriedAtFirstSight"

• Love 1

I know some folks were wondering if there had been a reunion show filmed for this season.  Tres posted this a few hours ago.

"Tres Russell Verified account 

‏@Tres_MAFS  

Tres Russell Retweeted Hailey Boggus

Last regular episode tonight. Decision day next week. Reunion show the following week #MarriedAtFirstSight"

My understanding was the six month reunion was filmed around Jan 24-25 or so, and Jamie met with the participants for the "Unfiltered" interviews on Jan 26 and 27.   What concerns me is the TV Guide for my cable system lists next week's episode as "Final Decision Part 1". Nothing listed for a Part 2.  

Here is a link to Jamie's Twitter post about it: 

https://twitter.com/jamienotis/status/692565284088082432

I'm REALLY hoping they don't drag this out for another week.

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 2
Doubt it.  Though I haven't seen much support of women from other women on these boards (or others).  Usually, people jump on the man's side.  Especially in the housewives shows, it's the 'poor picked upon husband' when in reality, they are just as imperfect as the wife.  It's be nice if people were viewed more objectively but that ain't gonna happen either. #jmo

I guess you weren't on the MAFS board here last season - It was pretty much a landslide in favor of bashing the men, especially Sean and Ryan D., then later Ryan R. when the dirt came out on him too.  Perhaps we're more objective here than on other boards because a lot of us follow spoiler threads like this one for the REAL truth.

• Love 6

Also - I read somewhere (perhaps here) that Tres and Vanesa may no longer be together, due to their lack of SM interaction. I searched Twitter last night and the PP is correct - they are NOT communicating with each other on Twitter, and Vanessa posts things that make it seem like she's heartbroken (like last night, after Adele performed the break up song "All I Ask" on the Grammys, she posted "My boo!!! Adele ... Sigh. Sing my life girl."

I hope they are still together. It would suck is Sam and Neil were the only success this season.

That's the only thing that scares me about Tres & V. I've noticed since around December they stopped interacting... At least V stopped interacting with him. Tres mentions her sometimes but she doesn't respond lol. I feel like his damn family mentions her on Twitter more than them mentioning each other lol
  • Love 1

How about I start small?

Ashley never wore her ring when off camera. When she was confronted with this, sw told the 'expert' her classmate didn't know she was married.

Her parents came visiting when the show was filming. She didn't tell David or the producers. she secretly went to dinner with them without telling anyone. She only allowed Ashley houser and her roommate to stop by the house for a short period. She didn't want her people to communicate with David.

She was on her phone so much that David had to tell an expert about that. The expert intervened and told her to stop.

So is that all?

You are killing me. I'm having a very boring day at work and I need this.

Someone is going to get in trouble if I spill everything. 'WE' would carefully write it and post it tonight.

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 1

I feel like all this coy "oh, I know a spoiler, but I don't want to tell" is kind of rude. If you know a spoiler and don't want to tell, at least don't tell us "yeah, I know, but I'm not telling." I'm not trying to bash a fellow poster, but come on. You're just teasing us at this point and it's bothersome.

• Love 8

Someone is going to get in trouble if I spill everything. 'WE' would carefully write it and post it tonight.

You could always PM me and I would carry your secret to the grave.

Are you sure it's true though? I had a spoiler about Sam and Neil from what I thought was a very reliable source, but I have come to realize it's probably just a lie.

• Love 2

I'm over the Blue's Clue's Charade.....

Here are some preveiw of tonight's episode

1) I'm over Vanessa talking about legitimate issues and being painted as an insecure brat. Why can't she be concerned that Tres is not clear about their future living situation? He's clearly talking for the camera in the scence, I don't know why people are completely missing this. Off camera, he made no clear plans about their future and on camera he's trying to switch the focus on Vanessa while still not actually deciding on where they will live in the future

2) Sam pretending to care about Neil and making those stupid faces. So fake. She's totally playing it up for the cameras

• Love 1

I think it will/would be sad if T & V dont stay together, then months later she is watching these episodes and seeing what she could have had

on the other hand, it will be sad if Neil decides to stay and watches the episodes and see where he ended up

Im all out on D & A.  I kinda hoped she would see the error of her ways and they could ride off happily ever after.  Of course I dont think happy would be a good term for the two of them together

• Love 1

I have some info to share. Not going to share my source.

Here goes: David and Ashley were friendly and were coordinating tweets until she began to get bombarded with SM hate and began to resent David. They were talking and even explaining things to each other that aired that the other one was not privy too. David wanted to remain friends and handle the way things played out positively and as a united front. Ashley was agreeable to this until David got all the viewers love and she didn't.

Ashley went on the show to make her ex jealous and it worked. They are back together. Their relationship ended 6 months before the wedding because Ashley wanted to get married and the ex apparently didn't.

Ashley thought the facebook message would turn the tide to her. When that didn't her camp decided to go for the jugglar. Even though the info about David being shady has been out there, the level of interest and digging has really hit the fan. It is not a coincedence that all of this is coming out about specific information regarding David's alleged past after the season 2 girls have been involved.

Ashley Houser and Ashley's roommate are the only people that David ever got to speak to after the wedding. They came to the house for about 10 minutes. Ashley's parents were in town during the 6 weeks and Ashley went to dinner with them but never informed David. None of the horrible things being said about David are because of the marriage, but all about trying to improve Ashley's public image. David is considering a defamation lawsuit but does not want to harm the show especially after the debacle that was season 2. Ashley's family and friends are the ones who created the anonymous twitter accounts bashing David.

Dr. Pepper talked to Ashley about her never wearing her wedding ring in public. Her defense was that her classmates didn't know she was married. Ashley never wore her wedding ring off camera. (My thoughts: she didn't wear in her diary cams she shot at her home nor the interview with Jamie for unfiltered). Dr. Logan addressed Ashley always being on her cell phone.

At the wedding venue, there is a bathroom close to where ashley walked down the aisle. Prior to her walking down the aisle, nobody was suppose to be there but one of the guests did. Ashley cursed what the f&$% are you doing here. (My thoughts: Doesn't exactly go with image she portrays).

Ashley didn't quit her job. She lost her job because the father to the child she was sitting lost his job.

Decision day has a twist for both Sam/Neil (emotional) and David/Ashley. The reunion show will be very different because Ashley refused to attend. Supposedly she didn't want to face David because she knew he was going to go after her for all of the crap she has pulled. Therefore, instead of having all 3 couples interviewed together and on stage at same time, Dr. Pepper interviews David and Ashley each separately. They did not see each other. Dr. Pepper did call her out on some of this and she stormed off the set but came back. The info Olivia gave out will be found to be untrue.

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 15

Thanks for the previews

Tres is totally playing her in that scene, I get the feeling that if they stay together he wants them both in his place and just think he needs time to convince Vanessa and if they break up down the track then he goes straight back to the life he had before marriage.

Sam is just weird she tells Neil that is question is weird, turns it back on him and then gets offended when he doesn't answer how she wants yet didn't answer herself. I can see why Neil is confused after 5 weeks of put downs and tantrums she suddenly misses him after 24 hours.

BTW I like to more playful video chat Neil, I think he is sweet

This was up as well

Ashley seriously thinks that we believe she did not go to Buffalo out of respect for David's family, I find it more disrespectful that she made plans with them and then didn't show, does she realize that even if there was tension with David that they can put a lid on it for a few hours act like a human and not involve other people. Two days, she needed to 2 days to simmer down enough to discuss textgate, wow that girls needs to let it go, how is she a qualified social worker that is supposed to help people sort these issues out when she cannot do it herself

Gee I am an idiot it has taken me all season to work out how to embed the videos and it was so simple

Ooh thanks ctbabe so in a nutshell Ashley is having a toddler tantrum because the public did not love her.

• Love 10

Ok why isn't it important for Tres and Vanessa to figure out living arrangements before the big day? I understand the show will make it so we won't know for sure and they want us to feel like its a big mystery on what they decide to do but I think having a talk about where they would live after is something that should be done. Especially when they both act like they have. To me keeping leases on 2 places is a bad move. IF they were to stay together that gives one or the other a place to run to whenever they want. For him to say she doesn't look at him when talking was a joke because he does the same thing I noticed. I've never felt he was in it for the long haul though and I wouldn't blame her for questioning him about it. 

OMG Sam is pathetic. I have noticed her start eye rolls way to many times during all this and they always seem to never show it fully happen because the scene changes or they show Neil or whatever else. Then the way she looks at the ground or all around when talking. The lip thing was just stupid and pathetic. Only the reason her feelings would be hurt was because it wasn't all about her so again he would have to apologize to her for not being/feeling the way she wants. We are suppose to believe she misses him though and likes him now? Sorry only thing I believe she is missing is having him around to bully. The turn around is one of the biggest jokes when she clearly has shown on SM she is just as mean and nasty as ever. I think most of us saw this lie coming for the end. Which to me says they won't call her out at all on her behavior. SMH

• Love 4

ctbabe, who is Olivia? (If you edit the name in your above post, I'll delete it here, too.)

It will be interesting to see if Ashley really refused to do joint interviews with Dave for the follow-ups. If so, she's a toughie. Btw, she looks like a different person in biker guys pix. Happy and relaxed, instead of prunesville. Her sour demeanor overall on this show has put her in a bad light; but she did it to herself, imo.

Sam, based on previews, seems to be playing a role (isn't that her last name? Ha.)

Vanessa doesn't look good above. I think she's genuinely hurt. If she entered this insane show in good faith, I can see her feeling true betrayal. Tres gives off that nice guy, lumbering, easygoing, slow-moving, cool vibe. But if he agreed to be matched and married as a six-week trip and blip on his radar, then he's contemptible.

And, re ALL the couples, what about the Experts? What did they know and when did they know it? When SHOULD they have known it? I feel that Season 3 was staged in many ways to redeem the Experts' disgraceful failures of Season 2. Season 2's men were all proven to be bastards in their unique ways. So? This season's guys are up for canonization? Ridiculous. One extreme to the other. Ph D's and rabbis, etc,, know better about the human condition. And if they don't know better, why not?

Money is a powerful incentive. It's difficult to witness how easily scruples and character can be cast aside in the pursuit of cash though.

• Love 5

Speculation here, but it seems like the spoiler is comprised of info only info a cast member would have.

Anyone think that maybe Ashley found out about David's possible questionable history exactly when everyone else did? I don't doubt that if David has enemies that they wouldn't come to her with their info as soon as they found out who was matchced with whom. Just food for thought, but the spoiler sounds too far-fatched to be completely true.

Edited by sniglet

Speculation here, but it seems like the spoiler is comprised of info only info a cast member would have.

Anyone think that maybe Ashley found out about David's possible questionable history exactly when everyone else did? i don't doubt that if David has enemies that they wouldn't come to her with their info as soon as they found out who was matchced with whom. Just food for thought, but the spoiler sounds too far-fatched to be completely true.

It doesn't seem that far-fetched to me. It matches what we've seen in the show, with her being totally uninterested in David, not seeming to even want to get to know him, having very little involvement from family and friends, and doing what appears to be the minimum required for the show.

It jives with what we've seen of David where he seems to be playing a scripted part, apparently to try to work around what little she is giving the producers to work with.

I don't necessarily believe everything wrt getting back with her ex or being fired from her job.

I don't necessarily believe David is perfect either.

But the fundamental thing is that she appears to have made no effort pretty much from the beginning and she didn't care enough to fake it better.

• Love 6

What about the place that Vanessa and Tres are in now? They don't want to stay there? :/

I think the marital homes are always temporary rentals arranged by production for the six-week terms.

Cortney and Jason, and Jamie and Doug, moved into new places after their season 1 ended. Any participant planning to stay married would have to discuss future residences. Otherwise, he/she is just playing a Game.

• Love 2

Anyone think that maybe Ashley found out about David's possible questionable history exactly when everyone else did? i don't doubt that if David has enemies that they wouldn't come to her with their info as soon as they found out who was matchced with whom. Just food for thought, but the spoiler sounds too far-fatched to be completely true.

You do realize that not only cast members are present during filming and the wedding had lots of guest. Believe watever you like but most of these are facts not speculations.

• Love 1

I am an educated person, but this just struck me dumb

how can an educated, decent person actual agree to go on a reality program, seeing previous seasons, and do it to make someone jealous.  that is just wrong..... You are really getting married, you really had a honeymoon, you really moved in with someone, you really spent 6 weeks trying to get to know them before the decision is made.  You are not the only one making the decision.  it involves real people.  just sick

• Love 10

It doesn't seem that far-fetched to me. It matches what we've seen in the show, with her being totally uninterested in David, not seeming to even want to get to know him, having very little involvement from family and friends, and doing what appears to be the minimum required for the show.

It jives with what we've seen of David where he seems to be playing a scripted part, apparently to try to work around what little she is giving the producers to work with.

I don't necessarily believe everything wrt getting back with her ex or being fired from her job.

I don't necessarily believe David is perfect either.

But the fundamental thing is that she appears to have made no effort pretty much from the beginning and she didn't care enough to fake it better.

I somewhat agree with you. some of these stuff feels unbelievable. David is NOT a saint.. I just hate that she didn't try and is pointing fingers now. At least put a little effort into it, even if it doesn't work you tried.

• Love 2

how can an educated, decent person actual agree to go on a reality program, seeing previous seasons, and do it to make someone jealous. that is just wrong..... You are really getting married, you really had a honeymoon, you really moved in with someone, you really spent 6 weeks trying to get to know them before the decision is made. You are not the only one making the decision. it involves real people. just sick

Sadly enough, educated people are not exempt from being really sick. I don't think David is perfect at all but next to Ashley.... Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 4

You do realize that not only cast members are present during filming and the wedding had lots of guest. Believe watever you like but most of these are facts not speculations.

I'm aware. Wasn't trying to be snarky, just offering my 2¢ like everyone else.

Some producers of these reality shows go from show to show so the source could be a producer or even the film crew. 

Dr. Pepper talked to Ashley about her never wearing her wedding ring in public. Her defense was that her classmates didn't know she was married. Ashley never wore her wedding ring off camera. (My thoughts: she didn't wear in her diary cams she shot at her home nor the interview with Jamie for unfiltered).

This part here makes a ton of sense. I remember when Ashley was professing how hard she was working at the marriage and said, "I'm wearing my ring...." At the time I thought that was such a strange thing to say as proof that she's trying to make the marriage work. But now, after reading this, of course she would say that because she was being told to wear it and in her book that would count as her "trying to make it work." Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 11

I'm aware. Wasn't trying to be snarky, just offering my 2¢ like everyone else.

BTW we are looking into your speculation about David's salon having his address.. one of our contacts made a reservation with that same salon but wasn't asked for his address. Howcome they only had David's address on file? We are still digging.. ;)

• Love 2

If ctbabe's spoiler is accurate re Ashley not wearing her ring or informing her classmates that she had married, then my (and others') speculation that she never invited anyone from her side to the Fourth of July bbq is borne out. But, still, it begs the question of who exactly were her guests at the bachelorette party and the wedding.

Now that I've seen the photos of Ashley's ex, I'm more confused than ever at her instant dislike of Dave based on type. Sure, hair/eye color are different but Bike Boy really could be Dave's cousin.

Not only did Ashley look displeased as she first saw Dave, but I remember Mother looking disappointed too. Not concerned or fearful, but sour. Could it be that Ashley and her mom somehow convinced themselves that Biker would be the groom? I don't think such delusional thinking from them would be too much of a stretch.

I would love to know the WHOLE truth of the negotiations and revelations discussed during the matching phase for ALL these people.

• Love 5

how can an educated, decent person actual agree to go on a reality program, seeing previous seasons, and do it to make someone jealous.  that is just wrong..... You are really getting married, you really had a honeymoon, you really moved in with someone, you really spent 6 weeks trying to get to know them before the decision is made.  You are not the only one making the decision.  it involves real people.  just sick

It takes a hardened, utterly self-centered person.

• Love 8

If her motivation was to make her ex jealous, it was flawed for two reasons. 

1) "You didn't want to marry me, so...I'll marry someone else! THAT'LL show you!" ????

2) "I'll show you how amazing and blissfully happy I am to be married to someone else...by being totally miserable and a huge bitch." ????

• Love 11

BTW we are looking into your speculation about David's salon having his address.. one of our contacts made a reservation with that same salon but wasn't asked for his address. Howcome they only had David's address on file? We are still digging.. ;)

My salon doesn't have my address but my stylist keeps my information in her personal file and I get a b-day card every year. Smart of her to keep client cards because if she ever moves she'll contact me and I can move with her if I want.

how can an educated, decent person actual agree to go on a reality program, seeing previous seasons, and do it to make someone jealous.  that is just wrong..... You are really getting married, you really had a honeymoon, you really moved in with someone,

and really got some money for the charade.

Quite likely "an educated, decent person" would not be able to "agree to go on a reality program.... to make someone jealous."  Other types of people could do it, but not "an educated, decent person".

• Love 6

And why didn't any of the four experts catch a whiff of the gamesmanship being played? Instruments galore, personal interviews, home visits, meet the friends, meet the pets, listen to hopes, dreams, disappointments and sad, sad family histories! All for nothing?
  • Love 5

My salon doesn't have my address but my stylist keeps my information in her personal file and I get a b-day card every year. Smart of her to keep client cards because if she ever moves she'll contact me and I can move with her if I want.

That's possible :) I think my salon might also have my address. This salon did not ask for one but we are still working on verifying this info.

Edited by ctbabe

If ctbabe's spoiler is true (and I'm sure it's probably not far off), I would think that Ashley be in breach of contract, punishable by law. Why does this make me feel giddy?

Be in breach? I done embraced myself! :\

Edited by Nffftshewasgone
  • Love 6

Just because I am avoiding work I thought I would google Ashley and found some old photos

From MyPromoJobs back in 2008 she wanted to be a bar model

https://mypromojobs.com/AshleypatriceD/#]

Proving that Ashley had aspirations toward a "show biz/entertainment" type of career or life dating back a while. I just find it interesting and wonder if production and the Experts knew about her desire to be "apart" of a more exciting life.
  • Love 4

My salon doesn't have my address but my stylist keeps my information in her personal file and I get a b-day card every year. Smart of her to keep client cards because if she ever moves she'll contact me and I can move with her if I want.

I would assume it's something like this. I didn't ask why he had it or how he had gotten it, only if he could verify it. According to their own website he has been a longterm client. I would assume that that warrants a birthday card or two.

Edited by sniglet
  • Love 1

Wth is a bar model anyway?

Certain alcohol brands will hire girls to wear skimpy clothes and waltz around the bars passing out promotional material, like key chains, bottle openers, etc. Some young women think they pay well and give them the opportunity to meet men. Saw a lot of it when I worked as a server in a sports bar in the early 2000's, to earn Christmas/vacation money. 

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 3

BBDi, let me know if you find out! :)

Wasn't Jaclyn a "bar girl" repping her vodka at bar events, like trivia nights or sports nights? Maybe that's a bar model?

Or maybe Ash was planning on a law school pictorial? Ha!

Eta: And what BonnieLass said! :)

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

How about I start small?

Ashley never wore her ring when off camera. When she was confronted with this, sw told the 'expert' her classmate didn't know she was married.

Her parents came visiting when the show was filming. She didn't tell David or the producers. she secretly went to dinner with them without telling anyone. She only allowed Ashley houser and her roommate to stop by the house for a short period. She didn't want her people to communicate with David.

She was on her phone so much that David had to tell an expert about that. The expert intervened and told her to stop.

It's been obvious (to viewers at least), that Ashley wasn't interested day of wedding or during the honeymoon.  And then she got even less interested once they were back.  So none of that is surprising.  I don't think she should have signed up for this show even if she wanted it to work (and there's nothing suggesting that she did).  20K wouldn't been enough to me (even though 6 weeks, that's not bad, being married to someone and having to get divorced for a paycheck, nah). If the above and what you posted later are all true, it doesn't make Ashley look good. And I don't think she did herself any favors in agreeing to the show, how she behaves in most scenes and her alleged off screen behavior.  Doesn't change my opinion of her or David.  Still don't think much of either.

I guess you weren't on the MAFS board here last season - It was pretty much a landslide in favor of bashing the men, especially Sean and Ryan D., then later Ryan R. when the dirt came out on him too.  Perhaps we're more objective here than on other boards because a lot of us follow spoiler threads like this one for the REAL truth.

Nope.  This is my first season watching this show.  Never heard of it before.  My mom DVR'd it and showed it to me when I went out for a visit.  I saw it from the wedding ceremonies on.