Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

I do not understand all the Ashley bashing or the David love.  On other sites people who see David in another light think he comes across with a creepy fake personality and some have referred to him as a sociopath.  I don't know him well enough to see him that way.  However, I believe he has been edited as the good princess and a victim. 

According to David he goes into relationships much too fast.  The last girl he dated started a fight for no reason and dumped him, right before he was going to propose.  In his interviews he is always the one who tries, always positive, never admits defeat.  Now, these are great qualities if they are sincere.  Many of Ashley's family and friends have alluded that David is fake and I see that side of him at times. There are just things about him that don't add up.

Nobody loves David. Most people hate Ashley.

• Love 5

What is the difference between what you said and me saying I heard Ashley is a child molester? I am not saying she is a,child molester, I'm just repeating what some people say.

I'm not calling him a sociopath or saying that the rumors are correct, accurate, justified, etc.. The upstream poster said something to the effect of "he can't be a sociopath because he has a lot of friends", I was simply saying that that is not an indicator of who is a sociopath and who isn't.

What about the Criminal Damage charge? Why was it dropped? Could it be that the other party was perhaps trying to embellish the story, or was it so minor they just couldn't be bothered to deal with it? I don't know how these things work, so I'm just wondering.

I highly doubt he's had run-ins with the law since if he can hold down a job and all..

There was a plea deal entered which could have resulted in a drop of charges or lesser consequences. It happens all the time.

According to his linkedin, his longest job since graduating college has been just over a year.

Nobody loves David. Most people hate Ashley.

You must not be on other MAFS sites because everyone loves David.  It is almost cult like and if you don't agree there is something wrong with you.  That is why so many people think the texting thing was justified because Ashley is hated and he had no choice in order to find love. 

• Love 2

Being a sociopath isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as the person recognizes it and had good guidance growing up, meaning they are able to discern right from wrong and find constructive outlets for their impulses.

And some people are just plain shitty.

David is by no means my favorite -- he's certainly odd -- but nobody could live with such stone faced hatred and end up happy for having gone through it.

• Love 4

I will be glad when the reunion show airs so many of these rumors (true or false) will come out  Hope this is not going to be another Season 2 where the viewers were snowed and kept in the dark due to editing.

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 2

According to his linkedin, his longest job since graduating college has been just over a year.

This is not uncommon for this generation.  I receive many job resumes and job hopping seems normal to many of them.  Don't know what the reasons or issues are but some are always looking for something better. 

• Love 1

I certainly don't love David either. He seems a bit needy and deluded, but he was put in an impossible situation and having Ashley's camp attacking him is pretty crappy of them. She kept talking to the cameras about him being so nice and patient, and now we are to believe she was scared for her life or whatever because of her "female intuition"? Right. More like she just found him ugly. 

The fact it that he wasn't charged for domestic violence, even if he was ordered to take some DV classes, so violence can't have been involved. Spreading rumours that he attacked someone with a knife is just awful. I saw that the MAFS official Twitter account replied to that person and asked for details, but they didn't reply, at least publicly.

• Love 5

It looks like he keeps getting promoted, if he was moving sideways or lower than I would judge him. Looking at the other participants and Sam, Neil & Vanessa have the same job hopping.

Looking at Ashley's linked in she studied for her Social Work Masters for 5 years, worked  for less than 3 years and has been studying for the past 18 months again and will continue to study for the next 18 months does that mean she does not want to work. With the cost of a degree that seems to be a huge whack of money wasted.

• Love 2

This is not uncommon for this generation. I receive many job resumes and job hopping seems normal to many of them. Don't know what the reasons or issues are but some are always looking for something better.

Someone wrote about him being unstable because he changed jobs in another group... I was so ANGRY because I ve had 3job in 5yrs. It's easier to grow when you switch companies. I also moved for family reasons. How people come up with some assumptions is just mindblowing

• Love 4

Someone wrote about him being unstable because he changed jobs in another group... I was so ANGRY because I ve had 3job in 5yrs. It's easier to grow when you switch companies. I also moved for family reasons. How people come up with some assumptions is just mindblowing

They start with a narrative, then try to find anything to support it. It's completely disingenuous.

• Love 8

You must not be on other MAFS sites because everyone loves David.  It is almost cult like and if you don't agree there is something wrong with you.  That is why so many people think the texting thing was justified because Ashley is hated and he had no choice in order to find love.

The only reason people are on David's side is because Ashley is so horrific. I don't know any objective person who thinks it's ok the way Ashley is treating David. I think David SHOULD text other woman and have sex with them. I don't know any man who wait sin weeks while a woman decided whether they were going to allow a man to kiss her on the cheek. I'd be peace out after the first date. Do you know any men this patient?

• Love 7

The only reason people are on David's side is because Ashley is so horrific. I don't know any objective person who thinks it's ok the way Ashley is treating David. I think David SHOULD text other woman and have sex with them. I don't know any man who wait sin weeks while a woman decided whether they were going to allow a man to kiss her on the cheek. I'd be peace out after the first date. Do you know any men this patient?

I agree. And David is delusional if he actually still wants to kiss that cold slab of a cheek after her treatment of him. But then I kinda think he might be, anyway.

• Love 1

I agree. And David is delusional if he actually still wants to kiss that cold slab of a cheek after her treatment of him. But then I kinda think he might be, anyway.

I think in the preview for next week, she actually kissed his cheeks.. I wonder how the producers got her to do that

• Love 2

"46. Tell me about your most memorable condom/safer sex buying experience."

We're all in agreement that this lady is the worst, right?

"Safer sex buying"? Alrighty then. Hope none of these people have been buying sex, safe or unsafe.

• Love 7

This is not uncommon for this generation.  I receive many job resumes and job hopping seems normal to many of them.  Don't know what the reasons or issues are but some are always looking for something better. 

There are many reasons they do this. My friend's daughter is about 21-22 now. She has job hopped so many times I was wondering if anyone would ever take her after awhile because of it. She would constantly find the lamest excuse for quitting her jobs. Well that one that lasted a day because she didn't want to have to clean up popcorn from the theaters. My friend and her husband paid for her to go to beauty school too. After that was over it still took FOREVER for her to keep a job. I think this is the longest she has stayed at one with where she is now. Which I was know my friend is glad and I told her it was about time. She has been in a relationship with her boyfriend since around 18-19 yrs old as well. So she has kept a stable relationship for a few years now. I just think some have a hard time finding jobs that they either like or can put up with (depending on how their parents raised them), or there can be jobs that only want them hired for so long (such as extra holiday/summer help) and some can be not enough hours.

It looks like he keeps getting promoted, if he was moving sideways or lower than I would judge him. Looking at the other participants and Sam, Neil & Vanessa have the same job hopping.

Looking at Ashley's linked in she studied for her Social Work Masters for 5 years, worked  for less than 3 years and has been studying for the past 18 months again and will continue to study for the next 18 months does that mean she does not want to work. With the cost of a degree that seems to be a huge whack of money wasted.

They way you talk about Ashley's schooling reminds me of this dad I knew at my daughter's old school. He was a nice enough guy and all but he only ever went to "college" while his wife was off working for the family. Another parent with both knew, had know him longer then I had. She was telling me that he was a professional student. There was never anything directing to a real career in the end with how he talked about this stuff when you really listened. They moved to Boston a couple years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if he continued on that path of "student for life" if he could. LOL I just can't imagine wasting money like that. I also can't see her being a nurse or even picture the kind of social worker she was. 

Someone wrote about him being unstable because he changed jobs in another group... I was so ANGRY because Ive had 3job in 5yrs. It's easier to grow when you switch companies. I also moved for family reasons. How people come up with some assumptions is just mindblowing

I think those that would say such things have never worked jobs that are min wage types or they might not say such things. Wonder how many ever picked up a job that was hiring only for the holidays or summer? Or just needed a summer job when they were not in school or whatever other job (like a teacher, etc). I don't believe that shows someone is not stable. Sometimes you do have to bounce around a little to find the right job/pay/hours/etc.When you look at those that have had stable jobs, how many don't have a stable relationship? So I would say that one can have nothing to do with the other. 

• Love 1

Oh yeah I love what color is your personality I have no idea of mine but I know Ashley's is black.

Her questions suck, some them sound more like a survey rather than intimate partener questions

Black is not the evil representative this society makes it....

• Love 2

I do not understand all the Ashley bashing or the David love.  On other sites people who see David in another light think he comes across with a creepy fake personality and some have referred to him as a sociopath.  I don't know him well enough to see him that way.  However, I believe he has been edited as the good princess and a victim. 

According to David he goes into relationships much too fast.  The last girl he dated started a fight for no reason and dumped him, right before he was going to propose.  In his interviews he is always the one who tries, always positive, never admits defeat.  Now, these are great qualities if they are sincere.  Many of Ashley's family and friends have alluded that David is fake and I see that side of him at times. There are just things about him that don't add up.

David seems fake because he's being scripted by producers to act a certain way.  There is very little he could do in the situation being under contract on TV and having to pursue an imaginary relationship with a stone wall that wants nothing to do with him.  Of course it's going to make him look fake under those circumstances.  I think it's amazing and commendable that he didn't just walk out and say "forget this" after the first week.  I'd like to see what other men would act like with her.  They'd probably have a lot less grace to put up with her bullshit.  Of course it's going to seem crazy and like too much with a woman who is not interested in him, but what choice does he have at this point?  There is absolutely no way any of what he says is a reflection of the truth, whether that's due to selective editing or scripting or both, but I wouldn't consider that a reflection on him any more than Jaclyn acting over-optimistic about Basement Ryan to the very end made her fake either.  It came out later that Ryan wasn't even staying in the apartment with her and other things she knew at the time but the way she acted you'd have thought she was still all in with him.  Did that make her clingy and desperate?  No.  So I take what I see on this show with a double grain of salt and I definitely would not listen to anything Ashley or her family have to say on the subject.  They have more to gain by discrediting David unfairly to take attention away from the real fake person in this relationship - which is Ashley herself.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 7

Hi! I've been lurking for a while but decided to post a theory to see what everyone thinks or someone may have already had this theory. I know that Neil and Sam got married 3 weeks after the other 2 couples, I was thinking maybe the death of Sam's grandmother could've been the delay because she was alive when Sam found out she would be on the show.

• Love 2

David was determined to follow the script as crazy as that makes him appear to be.  I doubt he realized at the time just how ridiculous it would make him look.  But then again he had no way of knowing at the time of filming just how horrible Ashley was going to look on TV.  I think he might have thought they'd spin her lack of interest in him differently so he just went along with what they asked of him because he couldn't seriously pursue a relationship with a woman who was shutting him out completely.  I don't want to judge him for seeming like he was doing that because there might have been good reasons for it going on behind the scenes that make sense out of it.  When things look this warped and out of sync with reality and I know the guy is not seriously delusional, I suspect producer manipulation.  I won't judge David for what he seems like on this show.  Ashley, however, is another story.  The bitch has just been dead set against him from day one so she looks like the reason he's flailing around looking ridiculous.  I can't fault him for that.  Unless he was going to walk out after the first week or devolve into a series of negative arguments with her all the way through (like Ryan and Jessica last season) which could only make him look even worse, what choice did he have but to keep on with the charade?

• Love 6

I've read that it's much easier these days to move companies to advance than to stay put.  Promotions from within my company are much scarcer these days than ever so I know there's good reason for it.  But truthfully I've known for some time now that 20 somethings always move around a lot.  Even when I was that age 30 years ago the wisdom was not to stay anywhere more than 3 years.  Now it may have shrunk to 1 year but it's been relatively short for a while now.

• Love 1

Hi! I've been lurking for a while but decided to post a theory to see what everyone thinks or someone may have already had this theory. I know that Neil and Sam got married 3 weeks after the other 2 couples, I was thinking maybe the death of Sam's grandmother could've been the delay because she was alive when Sam found out she would be on the show.

Good theory but Sam did say her grandmother knew she applied but died sometime during the matching process and she never knew Sam was matched. How close to the wedding that was I do not know as the matching process took a little over 2 months.

From my understanding once the participants are matched they are married in a very short period, David starting cryptic tweeting about big changes and surprises on May 22nd, thats 15 days before his wedding. The weddings venues would have to organised by production well in advance and finding a new venue at such short notice would have been a huge headache not to mention moving the honeymoon and expert visits, I just can't imagine production doing all that out of compassion.

• Love 1

Actually I just had a thought about who could have requested David's history in Arizona(if it even is his), when they were discussing the finances of housing David commented that at his new job he was expected to make some decent money. So it could have been a background check for his new job and production might not have requested it as they should have checked it before final approval especially with the Ryan Douche fiasco fresh in their minds as they had just filmed the 6 month later in mid May where they had to provide security for Jessica.

• Love 2

I wanted to say- David was at his dad's grave with a beer in one hand and a six pack in the other? Is that correct?

Gah, that was a dreadful scene.  For some reason my DVR stopped recording the episodes.  Gonna have to watch it on demand I guess.

So David... visiting his father's grave with beer.  OK. Poor some out for his homie?  Share one with dad?  Dad's favorite beer was the 6-pack?  Weird to me.  He was 7 when his dad died - his memories include his dad's fave beer?  Whatevs.   Then tells us that he shares his big / special moments with dad.  OK.  Then says he hasn't been there since he was 21.  Um.  OK?   So he hasn't been there in 8-9 years and he comes with a camera crew?  Says he really wishes he had his dad's guidance - I get that ... except he makes it sound like he was used to getting dad's help with the big stuff.  But his dad died when he was 7.  What big stuff was there?  Maybe it is his mom who won't let go and that's why David can't (or won't).  Then he professes his love again for Ashley.  Oh c'mon dude, who believes that?  What an empty hollow fake thing to say.  Guess he is good at sales.

I have no idea if the AZ charges are his.  The name, dob, timing and his leaving his job all line up.  But it's a common name so yea, an admission by him or a mugshot needs to be found.  Whoever that DN is though, doesn't mean that he wasn't violent, he got a DV counseling as part of his sentence -- that's not to be taken lightly.  What did Ray Rice get?  Yea, first time offenders can get off easy. 

Did they ever explain why Ashley and David's honeymoon was in the states (AZ) versus the other couples?  Did one of them not have a passport?

• Love 2

Looking at David's sisters and brothers facebook there are a lot of references to his dad and what he would do between the family especially around family events. His mothers has even more she posted a lot about how she still loves him and misses him even after all this time and what a great man he was. So I just put it down to his mother keeping the memory alive and keeping it positive so his father has reached almost saint status with David. I still find the grave scene a bit icky but I after looking at the families post history on his father I do not doubt that he is very much spoken about still.

• Love 5

So David... visiting his father's grave with beer. OK. Poor some out for his homie? Share one with dad? Dad's favorite beer was the 6-pack? Weird to me.

He stated that he visited his dad on his 21st birthday to share a beer with him. Dave went in with a six pack and left with a five pack. It's not like he got wasted; everyone has different traditions.

My grandfather liked to have an occasional drink, my grandmother was a teetotaler Southern Baptist. They came upon a compromise he was allowed one shot of vodka every Friday night (she used to say, "he stormed the beaches at Normandy, God will be fine with it). They were married for sixty three years. In my grandfather's will he asked that if we ever visited his grave or marked his memory we shoukd do it with a shot of ice cold vodka in hand, he wrote we could have it over ice if we wished. When the lawyer read that part of the will my grandmother who had never had a drink in her life laughed for the first time since his death and vowed to always keep vodka in the freezer for when people visited her or wanted to go to his grave.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12

Wow. Things escalated very quickly here.

Anyway, here's a preview of Tuesday's episode. I'm hating the whole "Sam is turning things around" narrative And of course Neil doesn't miss the verbal abuse. Idiot.

http://www.aetv.com/shows/married-at-first-sight/season-3/episode-12/preview-last-chance-for-romance-0

Another preview of Sam and Neil. I'm not buying this for one seond. Sam is probably realising her meal ticket is escaping from her so she finally decides to have a crush on Neil. And I'm so tired of the stupid faces she makes. You're not cure Sam. Stop.

https://twitter.com/FYI/status/697905305632559104?lang=eng

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 3

Anyway, here's a preview of Tuesday's episode. I'm hating the whole "Sam is turning things around" narrative And of course Neil doesn't miss the verbal abuse. Idiot.

http://www.aetv.com/shows/married-at-first-sight/season-3/episode-12/preview-last-chance-for-romance-0

Another preview of Sam and Neil. I'm not buying this for one seond. Sam is probably realising her meal ticket is escaping from her so she finally decides to have a crush on Neil. And I'm so tired of the stupid faces she makes. You're not cure Sam. Stop.

I'm not buying Sam at all neither. Everything just seems so fake, especially the way she acts on social media
  • Love 4

Ashley always sits far away from David like he has a contagious disease.

• Love 7

Regarding changing jobs....interesting topic and was just discussing this with my husband a few nights ago. I've always thought changing jobs frequently to be a negative, for many reasons. Both my parents have worked for the same companies since before I was born, as have most of my other close older relatives/family friends. So I guess I just thought that was how it was to be done, and I'd also heard plenty of advice about not job-hopping. Fast forward to the present...I'm a 38 year old attorney and in the 15 years I've been practicing, I've had 7 jobs....which kind of horrifies me. That seems like about 5 too many in my estimation. But, when you look at why.... my first job was with Americorps and was only a 2 year position regardless. I also got married and moved halfway across the country, necessitating a job change obviously (and another bar admission, which sucked). One company decided to close all their Texas offices...so again, another new job was necessary. Anyway, short story long is that all but 2 of my job changes have been dictated by unavoidable circumstances, not by an inability on my part to keep a job. I've also increased my salary and responsibilities with each move. However, there's still part of me that keeps thinking that while that's all well and good, must. keep. current. job. no. matter. what. (A little over 3 years there, and still love it....but not a ton of opportunities for advancement).

My husband, a computer engineer for a huge company, is in management and does lots of hiring. He contends that moving companies is almost always the best way to advance and is now so common that when they get a CV from someone who's been in one place forever, they wonder about the person's ambition, if he/she will be a go-getter or is just complacent, etc.

Personally, I find his views on the matter to be pretty surprising, but at the same time, I have to acknowledge that he's much more in the know about this kind of thing than I am by virtue of being management in a company that dominates that particular industry world-wide. All of that to say, I'm willing to at least consider that frequent job changes don't necessarily mean anything negative, as I've always thought. And in fact, can apparently indicate the exact opposite. (-:

Edited by MommyToMyCats
  • Love 3

I'm not buying Sam at all neither. Everything just seems so fake, especially the way she acts on social media

Agree!! There is no way she changed like that or ever will. You can see on SM how off her rocker she is too. She doesn't like things she will go nuts. 

• Love 3

After what we've seen of Sam plus what her roomie said about her at the bbq (after living with her for seven years) we're supposed to believe she's now transformed into this wonderful person who is in love with Neil? PUH-LEEESE. Dumbest storyline ever. Neil's in for a world of hurt if he doesn't get out.

• Love 8

"What could you do for each other that would make you feel hopeful enough to go on?"

Pepper is reaching hard here, she's desperate to have a win. That's the kind of language you use when you're trying to bribe a public official.

Ahh  the spin doctors doing what they do best.

• Love 2

We all know Sam is fake as hell, but why the hell would Neil go along with this?  I know Indian people and mixed Indian people in my family and no, nowadays people do not stay in an arranged marriage with someone they hate just for the sake of "tradition".

I have an Indian friend who divorced "the guy who she was arranged with after one year" and her family supported her.

Either Neil is doing it for the money and fame or he truly enjoys being with a woman like Sam.

• Love 2

David seems fake because he's being scripted by producers to act a certain way.  There is very little he could do in the situation being under contract on TV and having to pursue an imaginary relationship with a stone wall that wants nothing to do with him.  Of course it's going to make him look fake under those circumstances.  I think it's amazing and commendable that he didn't just walk out and say "forget this" after the first week.  I'd like to see what other men would act like with her.  They'd probably have a lot less grace to put up with her bullshit.  Of course it's going to seem crazy and like too much with a woman who is not interested in him, but what choice does he have at this point?  There is absolutely no way any of what he says is a reflection of the truth, whether that's due to selective editing or scripting or both, but I wouldn't consider that a reflection on him any more than Jaclyn acting over-optimistic about Basement Ryan to the very end made her fake either.  It came out later that Ryan wasn't even staying in the apartment with her and other things she knew at the time but the way she acted you'd have thought she was still all in with him.  Did that make her clingy and desperate?  No.  So I take what I see on this show with a double grain of salt and I definitely would not listen to anything Ashley or her family have to say on the subject.  They have more to gain by discrediting David unfairly to take attention away from the real fake person in this relationship - which is Ashley herself.

I agree!  For all that he often seems to be in Lalaland, moments of truth sneak out, like when he asked her if she was just waiting out the 6 weeks (no answer), or when he pointed out last week that she won't talk to him or introduce him to any of her friends or family.  And I don't know what his real motivation for contacting that other girl was, but I don't believe he just wanted to cheat, couldn't wait two more weeks, and happened upon the one mutual acquaintance of theirs to do it with.  Nor do I believe her indignation that he "ruined what they had" or "wasn't talking like an adult/30 year old" or whatever.  So once again - fake fight, fake Ashley.  I would love to be behind the scenes of a reality show just to see what really happens :)

Edited by princelina
  • Love 4