Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Hello From the Other Side

druzy
  • Start Topic

Kailyn hears from her estranged mom. Briana gets the results of her STI test. Jade graduates beauty school but family complications threaten her big day. Chelsea guides Aubree as she considers inviting Adam to the Father/Daughter dance.

Airs September 22, 2020

• Useful 2

Kail is a fucking kunt.  Sorry I don’t use that word but it’s warranted here.

Chelsea telling her prepubescent daughter that she shouldn’t cheat on her diet is setting her up for that kind of thinking.  Healthy eating is great, eat healthy and she will model that behavior.  Act like you can’t have a lick of ice cream or it’s “cheating” and she will learn that it’s bad to eat even a SPOONFUL of ice cream. 

Jade’s grandpa looks like he’s 40.  He’s also kinda hot in a dirty way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Jade's mom needs to get her stuff together! She shouldn't have been late for sure. But couldn't they have called her sooner, or just sent someone to go pick Kloie up and bring her there? Instead of just sitting around waiting, do something! Make Sean go get the car seat and get her! And why was he so damn late too? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Kail is a fucking kunt.  Sorry I don’t use that word but it’s warranted here.

Chelsea telling her prepubescent daughter that she shouldn’t cheat on her diet is setting her up for that kind of thinking.  Healthy eating is great, eat healthy and she will model that behavior.  Act like you can’t have a lick of ice cream or it’s “cheating” and she will learn that it’s bad to eat even a SPOONFUL of ice cream. 

Jade’s grandpa looks like he’s 40.  He’s also kinda hot in a dirty way.

I don’t watch the episodes, so I have to ask: Chelsea had Aubree on a diet? Or is Chelsea on a diet? Either way, it’s messed up. 

• Love 2

I actually felt for Kailyn this episode. I know what it’s like to have a shitty mom. I wasn’t bothered by anything she said to her mother and the cards and letters?? That’s total BS. She’s never sent anything.  I think that’s part of why Kail keeps having kids. She wants to have a family that she didn’t have growing up. 

And Jade, ugh so sad. Jade, cut your mother out of your life completely. Kick her out of your house and never speak to her again. She is of absolutely no value to you or your kid. SHE WILL NEVER CHANGE AND SHE WILL FOREVER DISAPPOINT YOU!!!

• Love 6

No Briana, you should be mad at yourself.  Judging by the preview, Luis must continue to suffer the wrath of the coven.  I guess the only thing that makes her segments worth watching is that they promote Planned Parenthood.

I’m glad to see Jade graduate, but she knows her mom by now.  I’d give the show another season to see Jade cash in a little more, but it’s time to pull the plug.  The kids are all turning 10.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

I don’t watch the episodes, so I have to ask: Chelsea had Aubree on a diet? Or is Chelsea on a diet? Either way, it’s messed up. 

Chelsea and Aubree were at a frozen yogurt place, and Aubree offered Chelsea a spoonful of hers and she said, "I said I wouldn't cheat today" and then took a tiny lick like she was eating poison.  

I think this is exactly what you DO NOT do with a young girl, small or large.  Also, think about how that looks from Aubree's perspective.  Not only is she teaching her that eating a spoonful of ice cream is bad, but she is also putting her on tv eating a whole bowl which will click with Aubree as bad and wrong. 

Aubree needs to not be on camera for this or the discussion about her dad.  This is really gross.  You are smart to stop watching, I keep threatening but I need to stop.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Jade's mom needs to get her stuff together! She shouldn't have been late for sure. But couldn't they have called her sooner, or just sent someone to go pick Kloie up and bring her there? Instead of just sitting around waiting, do something! Make Sean go get the car seat and get her! And why was he so damn late too? 

I suspect Jade's  mom is Kloie's  full time caregiver.  Whenever Jade is coming or going, Kloie does not seem to care at all.  She has no reaction to her mother, which makes me think Jade is barely involved.  And yes, why couldn't Sean figure out how to get the kid there? 

• Love 7

Welp, you'd think a chlamydia diagnosis would cause a person to wake the fuck up and take responsibility for her poor choices, but that's not the case for Briana and her head cheerleader Roxanne! Briana sitting there sulking while Roxanne railed against Luis as "reckless" seriously made me want to smack both of them. It is Briana and Briana ONLY who is accountable for her sexual health, and choosing TWICE to have unprotected sex with Luis is all on her. Yes, Luis was careless to not use a condom with Briana and any other women before her, but Briana isn't really holding much moral high ground here. She decided to forgo protection during sex with a man who she knew could have any number of partners, and as Brittany said, she's damn lucky she didn't catch anything more serious than chlamydia. The only point in Briana's favor is that she did go get tested and found out about the STI in time to treat it before passing it on to anyone else, though I honestly have my doubts she would have gotten tested if it weren't for MTV filming her. Instead of getting pissed at Luis, this should be an eye-opener that unprotected sex is something that should only be done within the trust of a committed relationship.

And my god, Briana and Luis talking about sex while sitting on bleachers in a gymnasium watching a kids' gymnastics competition is one of those mind-boggling scenes that makes me think I'm living in a different reality. Y'all really just run around hooking up and spreading chlamydia and talking about your sex life half a foot away from children, for real??

• Love 23
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Chelsea and Aubree were at a frozen yogurt place, and Aubree offered Chelsea a spoonful of hers and she said, "I said I wouldn't cheat today" and then took a tiny lick like she was eating poison.  

I think this is exactly what you DO NOT do with a young girl, small or large.  Also, think about how that looks from Aubree's perspective.  Not only is she teaching her that eating a spoonful of ice cream is bad, but she is also putting her on tv eating a whole bowl which will click with Aubree as bad and wrong. 

Aubree needs to not be on camera for this or the discussion about her dad.  This is really gross.  You are smart to stop watching, I keep threatening but I need to stop.

Agreed. I grew up with a mom who dieted, then later had friends who labeled food "good" and "bad," and that shit sticks with you. When I was Aubree's age, I remember looking at calories on packages because that's what my mom did. 

• Love 2

First let me start by saying Luis is trash. With that out of the way, I actually think him "giving" her an STI is probably the least offensive thing he has done to her. 

Seriously, he like most people unknowingly transmitted it to her and I'm sure has no idea he has it. Brianna is just as much to blame as he is. Abandoning Stella, conning her out of money, and being overall trash have all been intentional acts by him that are far worse. 

This is the thing with Jade, as screwed up as her family is, btw it's really her mom, step dad, and Sean, she also tends to revel helplessly in the chaos. 

Once it became apparent that Christy was running late, Jade should of went into "fix/recovery" mode. There was no reason why one of Jade's various family/friends couldn't of jumped in their car and drove the 10 minutes to Jade's house and got Kloie. Hell if I was Jade I would of said screw it and picked her up myself. Sean proved himself to be completely useless. He did absolutely nothing to help mitigate things then showed up late himself. 

Yes, Jade grandparents continue to look better and younger than her. Jade's grandfather is definitely hot. 

• Love 11
On 9/22/2020 at 9:59 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Here's the thing with people who have addiction issues...they cannot keep promises and have difficulty showing up on time to anything. Sean should have gone and retrieved the car seat and Kloie. What gets me us how her mother didn't call Jade and tell her that they had a problem and could Sean come and get Kloie. Instead, she ignores their phone calls and when she does pick up she yells complains that people are blowing up her phone. Her mother acts like a rebellious teenager...and Jade is the mother trying to get her unruly child to be responsible. Everything is ass backwards in this family.

I curse as much as the next person but I'm sorry...is it really necessary to drop the F bomb in front of your young children? Chelsea is now doing this in front of Aubrey. The others do it also...Jade and her mother have huge blow outs with every other word an expletive. Nothing looks more white trashy than using this language in front of small children and it's totally unnecessary. I'm done with Chelsea and her boring husband and boring life. I don't care how many time times she uses the F bomb...she's boring and full of herself. Cole is too.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Welp, you'd think a chlamydia diagnosis would cause a person to wake the fuck up and take responsibility for her poor choices, but that's not the case for Briana and her head cheerleader Roxanne! Briana sitting there sulking while Roxanne railed against Luis as "reckless" seriously made me want to smack both of them. It is Briana and Briana ONLY who is accountable for her sexual health, and choosing TWICE to have unprotected sex with Luis is all on her. Yes, Luis was careless to not use a condom with Briana and any other women before her, but Briana isn't really holding much moral high ground here. She decided to forgo protection during sex with a man who she knew could have any number of partners, and as Brittany said, she's damn lucky she didn't catch anything more serious than chlamydia. The only point in Briana's favor is that she did go get tested and found out about the STI in time to treat it before passing it on to anyone else, though I honestly have my doubts she would have gotten tested if it weren't for MTV filming her. Instead of getting pissed at Luis, this should be an eye-opener that unprotected sex is something that should only be done within the trust of a committed relationship.

And my god, Briana and Luis talking about sex while sitting on bleachers in a gymnasium watching a kids' gymnastics competition is one of those mind-boggling scenes that makes me think I'm living in a different reality. Y'all really just run around hooking up and spreading chlamydia and talking about your sex life half a foot away from children, for real??

Well said...this is just so pathetic. This is why this show should be canceled. The purpose of the show originally was to show case teens who had become pregnant and how it changed their lives. It was supposed to put a spotlight on the need to have protected sex to prevent sexually transmitted diseases and to use birth control to prevent another unplanned pregnancy. Instead it has done the opposite. Kailyn has had four unplanned pregnancies with three different fathers, Brianna has two unplanned pregnancies with two different fathers and a sexually transmitted disease. Chelsea thought she was pregnant after a sleazy night with Adam...and this was at a time when Adam was treating her like crap. At what point does MTV pull the plug on this mess? 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Inga said:

I actually felt for Kailyn this episode. I know what it’s like to have a shitty mom. I wasn’t bothered by anything she said to her mother and the cards and letters?? That’s total BS. She’s never sent anything.  I think that’s part of why Kail keeps having kids. She wants to have a family that she didn’t have growing up. 

And Jade, ugh so sad. Jade, cut your mother out of your life completely. Kick her out of your house and never speak to her again. She is of absolutely no value to you or your kid. SHE WILL NEVER CHANGE AND SHE WILL FOREVER DISAPPOINT YOU!!!

Kailyn never had a family. She had a mother who was an alcoholic and Kailyn herself was the product of a drunken one night stand. Of course she's screwed up. But procreating to make up for a childhood she never had with three different fathers isn't the answer...especially when you fight constantly with all the fathers. They are being raised in the same unstable environment as she was with all the constant chaos with Jo, Javi and Chris. Yes, she is able to provide financially for these kids...right now...but that might change if the economy weakens  more and she has to unload that big house or curb her expensive taste for vehicles, designer bags and resort vacations. All courtesy of her MTV exposure. Personally, I think her "neediness" for having more children is less of a way to "make" some sort of perfect family of her own but a selfish need of her own (especially with Chris) to keep these men in her life even if it is a negative relationship...she had sex with all of these men well after they broke up and could have gotten pregnant with all of them (and did with Chris). Kailyn is an angry, bitter, unhappy person and she needs therapy...badly and not therapy with Jo...therapy for herself. 

5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Like a tiny bite of ice cream would bust her diet wide open...and now she's pregnant again...so much for her diet.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Kailyn never had a family. She had a mother who was an alcoholic and Kailyn herself was the product of a drunken one night stand. Of course she's screwed up. But procreating to make up for a childhood she never had with three different fathers isn't the answer...especially when you fight constantly with all the fathers. They are being raised in the same unstable environment as she was with all the constant chaos with Jo, Javi and Chris. Yes, she is able to provide financially for these kids...right now...but that might change if the economy weakens  more and she has to unload that big house or curb her expensive taste for vehicles, designer bags and resort vacations. All courtesy of her MTV exposure. Personally, I think her "neediness" for having more children is less of a way to "make" some sort of perfect family of her own but a selfish need of her own (especially with Chris) to keep these men in her life even if it is a negative relationship...she had sex with all of these men well after they broke up and could have gotten pregnant with all of them (and did with Chris). Kailyn is an angry, bitter, unhappy person and she needs therapy...badly and not therapy with Jo...therapy for herself. 

Like a tiny bite of ice cream would bust her diet wide open...and now she's pregnant again...so much for her diet.

You are so right that Kail needs loads of therapy, like the fast track kind where you go twice a week for years. She can certainly afford it. However, she is deeply invested in being right all the time and I see her turning into her mom (with men instead of alcohol) and eventually driving those kids away.

The only light moment this week was seeing Cory teasing the girlses. Cute.

When do father/ daughter dances end? College? Enough with this stupid story line.

• Love 9

I think it’s weird that Chelsea invites a friend every time she hangs out with Aubrey. Aubrey seemed to like her and enjoy her company but I still think it’s odd, like Chelsea doesn’t like being alone with her kid. The father-daughter dance has been Chelsea’s storyline for years. It’s breathtaking stuff. 

I laughed out loud at the size of Jade’s mom’s steak. Jade needs to cut the casual cursing around her toddler. It drives me insane. Also, going from just graduating hair school to owning a chain and hiring people to manage them is a little eye-roll worthy. Take it down a notch, Jade. I guess in her family being employed is an accomplishment. Every week we’re reminded again and again about how much Christy is a useless sack of shit. Also, the graduation was pretty lame but I am proud of her for graduating from something. 

I actually applaud Kail for setting such firm boundaries with her mother. I don’t believe for a second she sent cards every birthday and holiday. 

How old is Brianna? I know I would not be in my 20’s calling my mother at work to tell her I have chlamydia. Yeah right she’s gonna kill this man 🙄. More likely she’ll take her pants off for him again. I wish she’d stop with this “Stellita loves her daddy!” shit. No, she doesn’t. She can’t love some man she’s seen 7 times in her life. 

• Love 13
18 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I’m glad to see Jade graduate, but she knows her mom by now.  I’d give the show another season to see Jade cash in a little more, but it’s time to pull the plug.  The kids are all turning 10.  

After seeing the previews for the new 16 & Pregnant, I had a feeling that they're about to phase these "Teen" moms out. 

It's been a while but I need to give a shout out to my favorite kid Adderall. And Leah has really come a long way. I'm happy for her.

Jade's mom sure pulled that battery story out of her ass, didn't she? If she had car trouble, why didn't she just say that when they called her before? She just started popping off about people telling her what to do. If you didn't want to do it, you should have said that and Jade could have made arrangements. And I know that Jade wanted to make her graduation special and have Khole walk with her, but it was very rude to have her guests waiting all that time. I would have felt horrible about that.

Another boring Chelsea show. I don't know when this was filmed, but if it was recently, why can't they just show the progress of building their new house? That's something I would like to see over another year of the "Father-Daughter Dance" drama. Just stop bringing Adumb up. If he wants to be somewhere or do something for Aubree he will do it. But we all know that he won't. It just seems to add more stress and feelings of let-down for Aubree when he says one thing and does the complete opposite. If he shows up, it can be a cool surprise.

Is Kail pregnant on these episodes? 

• Love 7

Sean appeared at the party and immediately helped himself to a sandwich.  I don't think anybody else was eating.  Aren't the refreshments for after the graduation?

Of course with this crowd they could go bad in the waiting.

Re the new 16 and pregnant they have had a couple other start ups that seem to have fizzled out.  I can't remember the names.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Soobs said:

You are so right that Kail needs loads of therapy, like the fast track kind where you go twice a week for years. She can certainly afford it. However, she is deeply invested in being right all the time and I see her turning into her mom (with men instead of alcohol) and eventually driving those kids away.

The only light moment this week was seeing Cory teasing the girlses. Cute.

When do father/ daughter dances end? College? Enough with this stupid story line.

OMG! I was thinking the same thing about this silly father/daughter dance stuff. At some point it begins to look creepy.

• Love 8

Re:  Kail and the cards

On the phone w/ her mom ... 

"... I can't GIVE my kids ... I mean, I didn't GET cards for them, but if I did ...."

I'm not saying Kail's mom isn't an asshole but I really think she did mail stuff to Kail's kids.  And Kail kept it from them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Chelsea, STEP AWAY from the Grateful Dead shirt. Her rock band shirts have always earned a slight eye roll from me, but she has straight crossed the line! And gosh dangit, I have that stupid blanket/hoodie/snuggie thing they were both sporting when Cole said he'd make it super awkward for Aubrey by cutting on in. 

Hey Roxanne? Your dumbass daughter was just as reckless, if not more so...like they said he works at a club. Not to stereotype, but he WORKS AT A CLUB. I have to give props to Brittany though for bringing the lols with her monotone, not sarcastic at all comment that Bri should tell Luis his dick is crusty & he needs to put bleach on it. Something about her delivery was everything. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Why am I still watching this?

I have questions about the whole Jade thing. Where was Sean before he came? Was he with Jade's parents or somewhere else? Don't they all live in the same house? Were her parents actually at the house or somewhere "getting a battery." If Jade knows her mom is always late, why couldn't Sean bring his own daughter to the graduation? I did laugh at Jade's grandma saying that she tells Christy to show up at 8 if her shift starts at 10. I did that with a friend who is always late, I told her to show up 30 minutes before the scheduled time. Christy is definitely a user. She's always normal and nice to Jade when they are at lunch or dinner, probably because she enjoys the free food. 

• Love 5

Where did Jade's Mercedes go? She was driving some kind of Dodge convertible. Real sensible vehicle Jade. (eye roll)

I'm glad poser Chelsea didn't leave us hanging on the phone decision. I wouldn't have been able to sleep for a week worrying about it.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I'm glad poser Chelsea didn't leave us hanging on the phone decision. I wouldn't have been able to sleep for a week worrying about it.

Shit, I must have dozed off. What did she decide?

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Why am I still watching this?

I have questions about the whole Jade thing. Where was Sean before he came? Was he with Jade's parents or somewhere else? Don't they all live in the same house? Were her parents actually at the house or somewhere "getting a battery." If Jade knows her mom is always late, why couldn't Sean bring his own daughter to the graduation? I did laugh at Jade's grandma saying that she tells Christy to show up at 8 if her shift starts at 10. I did that with a friend who is always late, I told her to show up 30 minutes before the scheduled time. Christy is definitely a user. She's always normal and nice to Jade when they are at lunch or dinner, probably because she enjoys the free food. 

Haha, what made it so confusing is you couldn't get the truth out of the addicts. My understanding is that Sean was home with Cristy and step dad most of the day because he mentioned them being at each other's throats since Jade left the house.

At some point Sean leaves the house by himself, to go get Jade flowers, but he himself left the house late as well. He made the comment he couldn't bring Kloie because Christy had the car seat. 

At 11 something Christy answers her phone and says she is 20 minutes away. Jade lives 10 minutes away. So yeah Christy definitely must of went on a drug run and got held up doing that. Of course she doesn't answer her phone nor mention she had "errands" to run. 

If I were Jade all three addicts would of been thrown out that afternoon!!!!

• Love 9

What I found weird was that we had that entire scene in the frozen yogurt shop with the pretty brunette friend giving advice on why not to get Aubree the phone. Then later Chelsea says she needs to get advice from a friend and we have the second friend tell her how she gave a phone to her 12 year old with lots of boundaries and protections (like kids can't get around those if they are smart enough or know those who are) and Chelsea seems to like that advice better so apparently decides to get 10 year old Aubree a smartphone.  I mean, what was the point of the first friend's advice not to do it if you're just going to keep asking friends until you get the advice you want to hear?  I thought the first friend made a lot of sense. And start with a flip phone and see how responsible they are and also keep them safer. A smartphone is a mini computer that you have little control over. For a ten year old.

But as a storyline it was pretty boring. I like that Chelsea has a boring life and a kind of boring husband because that fits her and she seems happy and they are great parents so for the sake of the children I am very happy for them. I wish them well. But they don't make riveting television.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I think "getting a battery" is Christy code for waiting on their drug connection.

I couldn't believe the size of that steak she was flopping around with her fingers.  For lunch no less.  I expected to see Fred Flintstone at the table.

And the shade from the producers for zooming in on that monster steak!!! Lol. And she was flicking something off the steak, must’ve been like green onions because you know she “don’t eat no vegetables” 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 9/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, Linny said:

This was shocking to me, though I've seen Roxanne and Brittany treat Brianna like a developmentally disabled child for years. Does Roxanne really think that the way to keep Brianna safe from contracting a (potentially deadly) STI is to shame every man in the world from having unprotected sex with her? OBVIOUSLY, Brianna can't be expected to exercise any kind of responsibility around drunken (or sober) hook ups. That's RIDICULOUS! OBVIOUSLY, Luis (someone Roxanne doesn't really know who's only shown himself to be irresponsible and self-involved) should step up to take responsibility for Bri's reproductive health. It will be so hard for Roxanne to hold back from laying into him about that (though she was able to be civil after he abandoned her baby granddaughter). If she starts now, maybe Roxanne can launch a successful campaign to convince all boys under 10 to never have unprotected sex with her granddaughters. That makes so much more sense than teaching the girls to exercise basic precautions, particularly when having sex with strangers or guys they know are sleeping with other people. Thank doG that they have Nanny Roxy to teach them how to take care of themselves shame the rest of the world into behaving in ways that will protect them.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:36 PM, chuckity said:

Re:  Kail and the cards

On the phone w/ her mom ... 

"... I can't GIVE my kids ... I mean, I didn't GET cards for them, but if I did ...."

I'm not saying Kail's mom isn't an asshole but I really think she did mail stuff to Kail's kids.  And Kail kept it from them.

I caught that too. I'm not saying Suzi isn't an asshole, but I'm confused about Kail's narrative around their relationship. As I vaguely recall, Kail cut off communication with Suzi at some point. Maybe it was justified (I don't remember the details), but I feel like it wasn't a situation where Suzi ghosted Kail without explanation. Also, I seem to remember Kail claiming that she had no idea what Suzi's number was at some point, but in this episode it seemed that Kail still had Suzi's number in her phone (I guess she could have known who was calling from caller ID).

On top of that, I also question whether Kail received Suzi's (alleged) letters/cards. Letters and cards don't make everything ok, but if Kail is pushing a narrative that Suzi just disappeared and never contacted her or the kids, that's a relevant point. Kail has stated publicly that she wants to have nothing to do with Suzi and that she doesn't want her younger kids to meet Suzi. Not apologizing for Suzi, but if her daughter made it known that she was unwelcome in her and her grandkids' lives, what is Suzi supposed to do? Even in this instance, when she called, Kail cussed her out (with ZERO consideration for the fact that Suzi's mom just died) and basically told her to go fuck herself before hanging up on her. Then Kail said that if Suzi continued to call, she'd be open to talking with her. What?!?!? If I were Suzi, I wouldn't take that call as an invitation to keep working on rebuilding a relationship.

Kail feels entitled to having everyone kiss her ass all the time because she operates under the assumption that she has had it harder than everyone and everyone owes her something. But, in reality, she's an asshole.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TheRealT said:

This was shocking to me, though I've seen Roxanne and Brittany treat Brianna like a developmentally disabled child for years. Does Roxanne really think that the way to keep Brianna safe from contracting a (potentially deadly) STI is to shame every man in the world from having unprotected sex with her? OBVIOUSLY, Brianna can't be expected to exercise any kind of responsibility around drunken (or sober) hook ups. That's RIDICULOUS! OBVIOUSLY, Luis (someone Roxanne doesn't really know who's only shown himself to be irresponsible and self-involved) should step up to take responsibility for Bri's reproductive health. It will be so hard for Roxanne to hold back from laying into him about that (though she was able to be civil after he abandoned her baby granddaughter). If she starts now, maybe Roxanne can launch a successful campaign to convince all boys under 10 to never have unprotected sex with her granddaughters. That makes so much more sense than teaching the girls to exercise basic precautions, particularly when having sex with strangers or guys they know are sleeping with other people. Thank doG that they have Nanny Roxy to teach them how to take care of themselves shame the rest of the world into behaving in ways that will protect them.

I caught that too. I'm not saying Suzi isn't an asshole, but I'm confused about Kail's narrative around their relationship. As I vaguely recall, Kail cut off communication with Suzi at some point. Maybe it was justified (I don't remember the details), but I feel like it wasn't a situation where Suzi ghosted Kail without explanation. Also, I seem to remember Kail claiming that she had no idea what Suzi's number was at some point, but in this episode it seemed that Kail still had Suzi's number in her phone (I guess she could have known who was calling from caller ID).

On top of that, I also question whether Kail received Suzi's (alleged) letters/cards. Letters and cards don't make everything ok, but if Kail is pushing a narrative that Suzi just disappeared and never contacted her or the kids, that's a relevant point. Kail has stated publicly that she wants to have nothing to do with Suzi and that she doesn't want her younger kids to meet Suzi. Not apologizing for Suzi, but if her daughter made it known that she was unwelcome in her and her grandkids' lives, what is Suzi supposed to do? Even in this instance, when she called, Kail cussed her out (with ZERO consideration for the fact that Suzi's mom just died) and basically told her to go fuck herself before hanging up on her. Then Kail said that if Suzi continued to call, she'd be open to talking with her. What?!?!? If I were Suzi, I wouldn't take that call as an invitation to keep working on rebuilding a relationship.

Kail feels entitled to having everyone kiss her ass all the time because she operates under the assumption that she has had it harder than everyone and everyone owes her something. But, in reality, she's an asshole.

I agree with your post, but especially an "amen" to the bolded part!

Kailyn feels as if she "deserves" her success because she had a shitty childhood. She thinks it gives her a pass to be an asshole, too. I rooted for Kail in the beginning because I felt bad for her --but she showed her true colors soon enough, and now she is just insufferable.

She should realize how lucky she is that one, the Riveras let her move in when she was pregnant with Isaac and two, she got the 16 and Preg/Teen Mom gig. 

• Love 11

I swear I heard her say to her mother “I saw you at the funeral” during that phone call but I really don’t want to find the clip and listen. Is this when they exchanged numbers. Because many seasons ago she claimed she didn’t have the number. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

I swear I heard her say to her mother “I saw you at the funeral” during that phone call but I really don’t want to find the clip and listen. Is this when they exchanged numbers. Because many seasons ago she claimed she didn’t have the number. 

Good catch. This is so weird. Why did Suzi ask whether Kail knew her grandmother had died if they had seen each other at the funeral? Even if they didn't directly spot each other (which seems unlikely; how big was this funeral?), I can't imagine that relatives wouldn't have told both of them that the other was there. I can only assume that they mutually arranged the phone call MTV recorded, but they were sloppy with setting up their backstory. Does Suzi get paid for "appearing" in a phone call? Even if she's still mad, I could see Kail agreeing to a set-up phone call to give herself a storyline that didn't involve her pathetic "relationship" with Chris. Bonus points because, in Kail's mind, her story with Suzi presents her as a blameless victim who's totally justified in being the asshole she is to everyone, all the time.

• Love 6

And re: Suzi's alleged letters and cards- I think the truth is probably somewhere between Suzi's and Kail's accounts. Suzi probably did send some cards/letters (which Kail ignored), but not for every birthday or whatever she's claiming. Kail probably feels justified in denying that Suzi ever sent anything because Suzi is saying she sent cards for all the boys' birthdays (or whatever) and Kail knows she only sent a card for Isaac's birthday 2 years ago (or whatever). Suzi knows/believes that she sent at least 2 birthday cards for the boys and at least 2 letters (or a letter and a postcard) to Kail, so she feels justified in asserting that she's reached out multiple times/"regularly" since Kail is denying that Suzi ever sent anything. They're both liars and assholes, so finding some kind of "loophole" suffices to make them feel like they're in the right.

• Love 7

Watching that clip, I was reminded that I thought Kail was lying when the guy asked if her mom was sober. Her hesitation and then the way she answered, makes me think she was trying to decide what the best answer was to make her look better. Her mom didn't sound drunk or high to me, from what I could hear. Kail knows her best of course, but also, Kail is shady.

Regarding the part about seeing her mom at the funeral and her mom calling her to tell her the grandma died - I think they're both true, it's just the way they cut the scene or the way Kail told it, again, to fit her own narrative. I think her mom did call her before the funeral to tell her, but Kail had already been made aware. And then at the funeral, she saw her and possibly didn't speak to her. So her mom called her which is what we saw on camera.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MitaJo said:

Watching that clip, I was reminded that I thought Kail was lying when the guy asked if her mom was sober. Her hesitation and then the way she answered, makes me think she was trying to decide what the best answer was to make her look better. Her mom didn't sound drunk or high to me, from what I could hear. Kail knows her best of course, but also, Kail is shady.

I noticed Kail's hesitation after he asked her if Suzi was sober and thought the same thing. OBVIOUSLY, Kail has a lot of anger and resentment toward Suzi, much of which is probably justified. HOWEVER, it's also true that Kail doesn't really have ethics, especially around lying/misrepresenting/shading the truth. I think she's fine with outright lying if it suits her purposes, but, beyond that, I think she feels morally vindicated in some weird way if she can "justify" her dishonesty or other shady behavior because the people she's lying on have done something wrong (in her estimation). 

In this specific instance, I don't think she thought Suzi was drunk during the call (and she didn't sound drunk to me either), but when that guy asked her, she thought, "Well, I can't say for sure whether she was drunk or not and it will work better for me if I say she was drunk..." She feels "justified" because she could tell true stories about times that she thought Suzi was sober, but it turned out she was drinking, etc. Kail very much uses Suzi's alcoholism as a cudgel to beat her with and she obviously has a lot of residual anger about Suzi's alcoholism during her childhood. That's understandable, but Kail seems to have ZERO self-awareness about, well, anything. She thinks that calling Suzi out for her past, present, or future alcoholism effectively shuts down any conversation about who's "right," so she uses that. Kail is going to have a VERY HARD TIME when her kids are older and better able to call her out on HER shit. Thus far, she's cruised on their youth/naivete and her ability to subtly (or maybe not so subtly off-camera) manipulate them into being "on her side." (Because everything is Kail vs. the World, with Kail as the scrappy victim.)

• Love 3