Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Rude Awakening

• Start Topic

Doesn't Yazan's father own the fish business? I thought that's what he said at the start of the series and instead of working in the industry in which he earned his degree, he went to work for his father.

• Love 1

The problem I had with Kenny was not his discomfort at being in a new place. That would manifest as genuine cluelessness. But he was rude: dissing the candy stand and then spitting out the candy on the ground (the seller turned around when he did that), the comment about the rice water (just say it's not your taste, no need to insult it), saying there was "all this stuff" on his steak plate and that it was greasy, etc. He did not seem very open to hearing Armando explain how they pay their bills in convenience type stores and stuff. He seemed to look down on it. Even in his talking head, he said something like he hopes he gets used to this quickly. It was like he has no patience to adjust to a new way of life. Boy is he in for a fun time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

I thought Kenny asked a reasonable question about the restaurant.  I don't know enough about Mexican cuisine to know how homogeneous it is.  If I say I'm going to an American restaurant, I could mean a steakhouse, or a seafood place, or a sandwich place, or a burger joint, etc.  Or a diner which has a bit of everything.  Very different expectations.

I do wonder why they picked such a rural location to move to.  At least in the US, there's quite a strong correlation between how large a city is and how accepting it is of gay people.

Edited by futurechemist
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 7/21/2020 at 9:50 AM, mamadrama said:

I call b.s. on Kenny not understanding the currency. He's a smart guy and this isn't his first trip to Mexico. I call Sharp shenanigans. 

I think he said usually when he was there on vacation Armondo paid for everything? Or I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed at some all-inclusive resort or something

22 hours ago, cinsays said:

fine, so why did they choose to live in the little bankless town, what made that the choice?

I'm assuming it was super affordable with an awesome view by the water. Kenny said he was paying for it so they likely wanted to get the most bank for their buck. 

13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't understand why they're not moving to the US. Sure he'd have to get a sponsor, but Jenny's family is clearly worried about her and the relationship. I'd rather sponsor him and have my mom here in the US where I could easily reach her if something happened, instead of on the other side of the world. Given Sumit's history of lies I'd be more concerned about her being that far away. They already don't trust him.

I do'nt remember the reasoning for this either. Are indian's on the immigration/travel ban? (pre-covid)

1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Kenny one dollar equals 18 pesos, the bottle of water was 15 pesos which means your change is 3 pesos. Producer shenanigans making it look like he couldn’t comprehend?

I'm not sure why he didn't comprehend that at first either but I'm just going to say he was maybe REALLY tired that next day. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I do'nt remember the reasoning for this either. Are indian's on the immigration/travel ban? (pre-covid)

I don’t know what visa he could come over on.  He can’t come on the 90 day fiancé visa because he is married and the H1B visas are for people with particular skills, a job lined up and also have a waiting  list

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I don’t know what visa he could come over on.  He can’t come on the 90 day fiancé visa because he is married and the H1B visas are for people with particular skills, a job lined up and also have a waiting  list

But when Jenny didn't know he was married - did they give a reason why she was going there instead of trying for the 90 day? I think they did.. just can't remember what they said. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

But when Jenny didn't know he was married - did they give a reason why she was going there instead of trying for the 90 day? I think they did.. just can't remember what they said. 

Maybe she thought her meager Social Security would go further there because of the lower cost of living.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe she thought her meager Social Security would go further there because of the lower cost of living.

Realistically, if her daughter and daughter in law sent her money each month it would be better than having her camped out on their couch, having to drive her everywhere (She sold her car for love!) and moping around Palm Springs for her bf.

I would hesitate to give a lump sum of money since she would use it to pay off Summy's debt but $300USD/month would insure she had food and with her SS money $600 USD/month puts a roof over her head in India.

TLC paychecks should be covering some of Summy's debts, plane tickets for Jen Ney and help them get ahead of the light and water bills.

Instead of getting married.... just live together and get off my teevee.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

In Britt's THs where she is wearing the purple dress with the pouffed sleeves...does anyone else think she put on too much eyelash glue and nearly glued her eyes shut  except for a couple of millimeters to peek out of...

Between her spidey eyes, brace face and nonsense from her gob.....ugh.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I think he said usually when he was there on vacation Armondo paid for everything? Or I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed at some all-inclusive resort or something

======

I'm assuming it was super affordable with an awesome view by the water. Kenny said he was paying for it so they likely wanted to get the most bank for their buck. 

======

If they had stayed at a nice resort in a more populated area, Kenneth may have been using his credit cards, and they will automatically charge an equivalent amount in American dollars as the purchase is in foreign currency.  And maybe he asked Armando to handle cash transactions if there were any.

======

We met a couple from the Netherlands on our last cruise.  They live in Mexico in a VERY nice apartment/condo.  Their rent was the equivalent of $500 a month, and it was quite modern, gated, and the interior was spacious.  They lived close enough to Ensenada that when our ship docked there for a day, the couple rented a car and drove home to check on things and he got a haircut at his regular place.  

======

I found statistics on waiting lists; India is #3 on the list of number of applicants waiting for a visa (behind Mexico and the Philippines).  This includes the total of all categories of visas that are available.  So, yes, people who want to move here from India need a visa, and - depending on what category - the waiting list might be longer than the divorce waiting period in India.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Too bad Jenny and Summit cannot live in the U.S.  They will never be accepted in India and I doubt they will be happy, especially Jenny.  

That's what I don't understand. Why is she still insisting to go to India when she can just sponsor him after he divorces? Even Danyelle was able to get a sponsor to bring Mahhamit over and he wasn't as loyal.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think JenNay thinks Summy will work to support the both of them...whether she ever articulated that or anything rational I cannot remember....

Does Summie have a job?

Other than  feeding from the TLC trough...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Not sure I understand what you're saying... Him being married in general is the problem, not the visa or the country. Jenny can't remain in India indefinitely with him still married. Her Indian residency is totally dependent upon his divorce. Nobody is doing anything until his divorce is final so there is zero incentive for her being there right now. When/if he divorces he can come over on a fiance or spousal visa. Whether they stay in India or come to the US, either way he has to be divorced and they have to be married. Jenny can't stay in India as is. It may take awhile for the divorce to be finalized and for the visa to come through, but that's true regardless of where they live. Him divorcing and immigrating to the US on a spousal or fiance visa isn't anymore complicated, then Jenny marrying him in India and living there. Jenny can't just hang around India for the next few years...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Not sure I understand what you're saying... Him being married in general is the problem, not the visa or the country. Jenny can't remain in India indefinitely with him still married. Her Indian residency is totally dependent upon his divorce. Nobody is doing anything until his divorce is final so there is zero incentive for her being there right now. When/if he divorces he can come over on a fiance or spousal visa. Whether they stay in India or come to the US, either way he has to be divorced and they have to be married. Jenny can't stay in India as is. It may take awhile for the divorce to be finalized and for the visa to come through, but that's true regardless of where they live. Him divorcing and immigrating to the US on a spousal or fiance visa isn't anymore complicated, then Jenny marrying him in India and living there. Jenny can't just hang around India for the next few years...

Except that someone needs to have a sufficient level of income (or savings) to sponsor him and Jenny’s been unemployed for a good while now.  Maybe she could convince one of her daughters to do it.

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

I think JenNay thinks Summy will work to support the both of them...whether she ever articulated that or anything rational I cannot remember....

Does Summie have a job?

Other than  feeding from the TLC trough...

He supposedly had a job at the start of last season’s show but had quit and eventually confessed to Jenny.  His friends were hilarious saying he’d need to take care of her “like a baby” when he told them she was moving over.  It was extra funny when she had him washing her hair and cutting her toenails.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Except that someone needs to have a sufficient level of income (or savings) to sponsor him and Jenny’s been unemployed for a good while now.  Maybe she could convince one of her daughters to do it.

Yes, I realize that and I've already talked about that in this thread. It's on the previous page...

My husband was my 90 day fiance. I am very well aware of what is required of the process.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yes, I realize that and I've already talked about that in this thread. It's on the previous page...

My husband was my 90 day fiance. I am very well aware of what is required of the process.

My apologies for offending you, I did not mean that in any way as a criticism of what you posted.  I have been through the process myself as well.  I just can’t imagine an idiot like Jenny having the resources required.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I was responding to a specific question about why Sumit didn’t just come go the US and not making general statements.  

11 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

My apologies for offending you, I did not mean that in any way as a criticism of what you posted.  I have been through the process myself as well.  I just can’t imagine an idiot like Jenny having the resources required.

I'm not sure why your comment was taken the way it was.  It wasn't offensive.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, futurechemist said:

I do wonder why they picked such a rural location to move to.  At least in the US, there's quite a strong correlation between how large a city is and how accepting it is of gay people.

I could have sworn that Armondo had mentioned that they moved to a city that was accepting of the gay culture or maybe a gay community.  So I was a bit bewildered by the rural-ness of the city they were living in.  Also in the next episode it does look like that Armondo has an issue with PDA's and I wonder if that is just him specifically or is it he's worried about being accepted where he lives now...?  It just seems like something isn't adding us as to where they live.

20 hours ago, configdotsys said:

The problem I had with Kenny was not his discomfort at being in a new place. That would manifest as genuine cluelessness. But he was rude: dissing the candy stand and then spitting out the candy on the ground (the seller turned around when he did that), the comment about the rice water (just say it's not your taste, no need to insult it), saying there was "all this stuff" on his steak plate and that it was greasy, etc. He did not seem very open to hearing Armando explain how they pay their bills in convenience type stores and stuff. He seemed to look down on it. Even in his talking head, he said something like he hopes he gets used to this quickly. It was like he has no patience to adjust to a new way of life. Boy is he in for a fun time.

True.  The thing with not knowing the exchange of money from U.S. to Mexico is a bit odd and not really understanding the language.  If you knew you were going to LIVE in another country you think you would brush up on some of the basics like language, money etc.  I do agree with a previous poster that maybe he was just tired and overwhelmed by all the changes in his life so he couldn't do the math in his head for an exchange of Pesos.

Well see how it goes.  Everything is happening so fast so maybe he just isn't on his best behavior, let's give him a few weeks.

• Love 1
On 7/22/2020 at 7:13 AM, Sterling said:

But as in any first love, most don't last.  Armando may, after experiencing this, want to explore more with other men, just because.  He may end up finding someone closer to his age, closer to his stage in life.  Remember, Kenny had little kids on his own once; maybe Armando would want someone who wants to do that with him, to give his daughter some young siblings.

I'm speculating here, but I just didn't see the relationship past the initial chemistry.

Maybe, but, on the other hand, we forget that Armando is in his 30s, right? He's been married, had a child, had relationships, and come out to his parents. He's not some teenager on his first relationship. I can't speak for gay men, but I married the first woman I seriously dated after coming out, and am happier than I've been in any other relationship. At the start of our relationship there were discussions about whether I wanted to experiment or whatever, but I'm a bit older and knew a good thing when I saw it.

Of course, we don't have the distance or borders between us that these two do. And we have an age difference, but it's less than a decade. And, again, we're not men, so I don't know if that makes a difference. At any rate, it's still the best 90-day coupling we've seen in years, possibly ever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

True.  The thing with not knowing the exchange of money from U.S. to Mexico is a bit odd and not really understanding the language.  If you knew you were going to LIVE in another country you think you would brush up on some of the basics like language, money etc. 

I, too, am confused that Kenneth appears to have had NO exposure to the Spanish language.  I live in Arizona.  He lived in Florida.  People in these two states are surrounded by Spanish-speaking people who could help us to learn the language.  Were we getting ready to move to Mexico (as many retirees do) we would immerse ourselves in the language and would "pick the brains" of Hispanic people for tips on how to thrive in the new culture.

Kenneth needs to try harder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/22/2020 at 3:47 AM, FurBabyMama said:

The guy who called out to Kenny and Armando has to be a producer right? Because we are otherwise to believe in this small, non touristy appearing place where the store person and waitresses don’t speak English, that there happens to be someone else sitting at this restaurant who understands and speaks perfect English?

there are tons of those guys in every little Mexican city along the coast. they can live near the water, eat and drink all they want on their pension...maybe married a local.  its less than 2 hours to San Diego.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/21/2020 at 1:21 PM, cinsays said:

fine, so why did they choose to live in the little bankless town, what made that the choice?

FLA guy said the picked it together.

On 7/21/2020 at 3:04 PM, humbleopinion said:

So leave it to Gramps to start nit picking all the negatives about their new home...give it a rest...you trying to slow walk backwards out the door back to Florida or giving the producers drama for the cameras?

Please just go home Kenny. Armando deserves way better than your bigoted, judgmental bony ass.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:17 AM, lh25 said:

I agree.  Once the drama of "you and I against the world" wears off, and it's just day-to-day life, I wonder how much they really will want each other.

Jenny's daughter already cut her off, so I guess she'll have to figure it out alone this time. Moron.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I, too, am confused that Kenneth appears to have had NO exposure to the Spanish language.  I live in Arizona.  He lived in Florida.  People in these two states are surrounded by Spanish-speaking people who could help us to learn the language.  Were we getting ready to move to Mexico (as many retirees do) we would immerse ourselves in the language and would "pick the brains" of Hispanic people for tips on how to thrive in the new culture.

Kenneth needs to try harder.

St Pete isn't super diverse. Like any town that might have small pockets of varying cultures, sure, it has those, but I lived there for quite a while and despite having friends all over Pinellas County, the most exposure we had to other languages would be the occasional tourist (locals don't just hang out on the tourist beaches and mix it up with non locals lol) or GreekFest in Tarpon Springs (GIMME ALL THE FOOD). 

Maybe it's changed significantly since I've been there. YMMV.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

or GreekFest in Tarpon Springs (GIMME ALL THE FOOD). 

Fellow Tarpon Springs fan here.  We always stop there - the Greek bakeries?  Yes please.

I, too, get bored with the Jenny storyline:  "Are you getting a divorce?  I need to see those papers!  Summit, I gave up everything!"

Who wants to see Jenny's daughter and her wife on Pillow Talk??  I sure do!

• Love 8
(edited)

12 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

St Pete isn't super diverse.

I’m pretty sure it’s very LGTBQ friendly which is why I’m surprised they don’t move there. I know it’s mainly about Hannah, but they’re already 4 hours from his family. I feel like they’d be more comfortable in FL and can return to visit Armando’s family. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I’m pretty sure it’s very LGTBQ friendly which is why I’m surprised they don’t move there. I know it’s mainly about Hannah, but they’re already 4 hours from his family. I feel like they’d be more comfortable in FL and can return to visit Armando’s family. 

From what I can see online, Americans moving to Mexico do not have to go on a waiting list for a permanent visa.  As long as visa applicants prove they can meet the financial requirements, they are eligible to move as soon as the visa is approved (usually a matter of weeks or months).

There are currently over 1,300,000 Mexicans on the waiting list for visas to move to the US.  Just Mexicans.  And there are millions more from other countries.  There are limits as to how many people from ALL countries will be granted visas, so the waiting list is long.

So Kenneth can move to Mexico quickly.  It would take years for Armando and Hannah to be granted permanent visas to move to the United States.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

From what I can see online, Americans moving to Mexico do not have to go on a waiting list for a permanent visa.  As long as visa applicants prove they can meet the financial requirements, they are eligible to move as soon as the visa is approved (usually a matter of weeks or months).

There are currently over 1,300,000 Mexicans on the waiting list for visas to move to the US.  Just Mexicans.  And there are millions more from other countries.  There are limits as to how many people from ALL countries will be granted visas, so the waiting list is long.

So Kenneth can move to Mexico quickly.  It would take years for Armando and Hannah to be granted permanent visas to move to the United States.

Sucks that Fernanda was able to jump ahead of all those people with a sham relationship.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Oh It is very LGBTQ friendly, for sure!   I was speaking "diverse" in reference to people saying he should know more Spanish than he does simply because he lives in Florida.  

Edited by ALittleShelfish
it was the keyboard's fault, not mine
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Oh It is very LGBTQ friendly, for sure!   I was speaking "diverse" in reference to people saying he should know more Spanish than he does simply because he lives in Florida.  

My point is that he has the potential for a lot more exposure to the Spanish language in Florida than he would in someplace like North Dakota.  Florida is home to the third-largest Latino population in the US.  And Hispanics comprise the third highest percentage of nationalities/races in St. Petersburg.

While my area of Phoenix does not have a high ratio of Hispanic people, I see and hear the Spanish language every time I leave my home.  There is a lot of potential to learn basic Spanish if one wishes to do so.

• Love 1
On 7/22/2020 at 9:54 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Kenny one dollar equals 18 pesos, the bottle of water was 15 pesos which means your change is 3 pesos. Producer shenanigans making it look like he couldn’t comprehend?

Same producer who prompted 🥚 to fumble with his pesos (Filipino) at the street shops with RSM.

Repeat producer shenannies....

• Love 3

Brittney. Oh honey. Get a cab to the airport and if necessary sleep on the floor until you can catch a flight straight HOME. I screamed at the TV for an hour............

Kenny and Armando need to move to PV! Very open gay friendly Mexico. Kenny, download DuoLingo, amigo.

I now FF thru Jenny & Sumit. Yawn. There is nothing new and nothing to see here.

Will FF thru Cheese stick and MayLezza. Watching that boy launch full throat into the word GOOLOMBIA  like it's in the Price is Right Showcase as a giveaway vacation disturbs me on a heebie jeebie level.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Maybe the cost of living in the bank-less village is low, and with both men relocating I figure they will have to find new jobs and that might take a while, especially with a language barrier.

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Brittney. Oh honey. Get a cab to the airport and if necessary sleep on the floor until you can catch a flight straight HOME. I screamed at the TV for an hour............

Britt wants the teevee exposure so will spread the drama on thick...get ready for morefake crying, shrieking, spasms of emotion.

I thought I heard someone hollering during the show...that was you!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/24/2020 at 2:38 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Fellow Tarpon Springs fan here.  We always stop there - the Greek bakeries?  Yes please.

I, too, get bored with the Jenny storyline:  "Are you getting a divorce?  I need to see those papers!  Summit, I gave up everything!"

Who wants to see Jenny's daughter and her wife on Pillow Talk??  I sure do!

I so totally agree. It's getting very old. Similar for me to Nicole and Azam's "conversations". 

Nicole: We have to talk.

Azam: I don't want to talk.

Nicole: We never talk.

Azam: I don't want to talk. (ad nauseum)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lilysmom said:

I so totally agree. It's getting very old. Similar for me to Nicole and Azam's "conversations". 

Nicole: We have to talk.

Azam: I don't want to talk.

Nicole: We never talk.

Azam: I don't want to talk. (ad nauseum)

There is a youtube series by a therapist called "Psychology in Seattle" and it is so good!  A professional therpist watches these fools and gives his opinions.  It is very entertaining.  They can be lengthy but they are worth it.  He went to town on Nicole and Azan, rightfully so.  He gives some very contructive advice to these fools, doubtful if they would ever follow professional advice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

There is a youtube series by a therapist called "Psychology in Seattle" and it is so good!  A professional therpist watches these fools and gives his opinions.  It is very entertaining.  They can be lengthy but they are worth it.  He went to town on Nicole and Azan, rightfully so.  He gives some very contructive advice to these fools, doubtful if they would ever follow professional advice.

I've watched a lot of his stuff.  (His response to Ash's "seminar" is hysterical.)  You make me want to go back and do Nicole and Azan.  

I'm stuck inside . . . what else do I have to do?  LOL.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I've watched a lot of his stuff.  (His response to Ash's "seminar" is hysterical.)  You make me want to go back and do Nicole and Azan.  

I'm stuck inside . . . what else do I have to do?  LOL.

Now I have to see Ash's seminar.  With Nicole, he was very adept and spot on about family roles and unwritten rules and how we respond to them.  With her younger brother, he pointed out how clearly Nicole's role is to f**k things up, get berated over it and quiz her endlessly and diminish her.  Robballee's role/job is to keep rescuing her, as that is what she does best.  He pointed out that younger brother is only sixteen yet seems wiser but is stuck in this role about quizzing her.  "I just told you I like Azan and now you are quizzing me, can't you just be happy for me?" (paraphrase, of course.)  The therapist really went to town on the PDA scenes in Morocco and I also watched the Geoffrey/Varay breakdown.  

I am stuck inside too, but I am going to play with a chainsaw later and take down some branches.  It is free therapy.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Now I have to see Ash's seminar. 

Watch the first one or two Ash/Avery episodes, and then you can skip to the seminar.  Dr. Honda starts out all cool and non-judgmental about "relationship coaches" . . . and then he sees Ash's seminar and is literally speechless.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Watch the first one or two Ash/Avery episodes, and then you can skip to the seminar.  Dr. Honda starts out all cool and non-judgmental about "relationship coaches" . . . and then he sees Ash's seminar and is literally speechless.

I am already into the seminar and I cant......look.....away.  But it will be 92 today (small potatoes for you, lol) but it is steamy out.

Dr: Honda:  "Dude, it is 2020 - Google something!!"

I vote for Dr. Honda on Pillow Talk!!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am already into the seminar and I cant......look.....away.  But it will be 92 today (small potatoes for you, lol) but it is steamy out.

Dr: Honda:  "Dude, it is 2020 - Google something!!"

I vote for Dr. Honda on Pillow Talk!!!!

Love him!

And here's where I draw the line on scripted vs non scripted...

I totally believe that the seminar was fake. Most of the people involved has said as much. Those women didn't pay and it wasn't legit. I get that. However, those words still came out of his mouth. Even if TLC gave him a word-for-word script, he STILL said them. He's still a douche-and not like Summer Breeze. More like 2 for 1 at the dollar tree brand.

• Love 5

I think that we are all looking at Kenny and Armando's relationship through rose-colored glasses. I think Armando is a sweet person who grew up in a repressive culture and I think that Kenny's experience as an out gay man in Florida is pretty different. The age gap is also quite large (although not unheard of). I hope they can bridge it. They don't have particularly electric chemistry physically (at least from what we can see as viewers), and they have yet to really sell me on any compatibility personality-wise! And the crying that goes on between those two! Lighten up a little!

• Love 3
On 7/24/2020 at 10:33 AM, AZChristian said:

My point is that he has the potential for a lot more exposure to the Spanish language in Florida than he would in someplace like North Dakota.  Florida is home to the third-largest Latino population in the US.  And Hispanics comprise the third highest percentage of nationalities/races in St. Petersburg.

While my area of Phoenix does not have a high ratio of Hispanic people, I see and hear the Spanish language every time I leave my home.  There is a lot of potential to learn basic Spanish if one wishes to do so.

Yes, that's what is so troubling about Kenny. I mean, if you are starting a life with someone who is Mexican, you live in Florida (which has a huge Hispanic / Spanish influence if you want to seek it out), and know that you are moving to Mexico (a country that speaks Spanish), why wouldn't you invest the time and energy to learn the basics before heading there? Seems a little dismissive of Armando's culture. Kenny is probably used to running his own show.

Just now, NotRebecca said:

Yes, that's what is so troubling about Kenny. I mean, if you are starting a life with someone who is Mexican, you live in Florida (which has a huge Hispanic / Spanish influence if you want to seek it out), and know that you are moving to Mexico (a country that speaks Spanish), why wouldn't you invest the time and energy to learn the basics before heading there? Seems a little dismissive of Armando's culture. Kenny is probably used to running his own show.

But then again, that seems to be a running theme on this franchise!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, NotRebecca said:

I think that we are all looking at Kenny and Armando's relationship through rose-colored glasses. I think Armando is a sweet person who grew up in a repressive culture and I think that Kenny's experience as an out gay man in Florida is pretty different. The age gap is also quite large (although not unheard of). I hope they can bridge it. They don't have particularly electric chemistry physically (at least from what we can see as viewers), and they have yet to really sell me on any compatibility personality-wise! And the crying that goes on between those two! Lighten up a little!

I think Kenny was smart in not doing the expensive K-1 visa, (I know Armando has a child and did not want to move away).  Did he sell his house in Florida? Maybe he plans on bouncing back and forth because if he was moving permanently there are those things you do first thing, register your car and get a license and plates from Mexico, apply for a Mexican passport, etc...it will be telling if he does none of those things.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Kenny was smart in not doing the expensive K-1 visa, (I know Armando has a child and did not want to move away).  Did he sell his house in Florida? Maybe he plans on bouncing back and forth because if he was moving permanently there are those things you do first thing, register your car and get a license and plates from Mexico, apply for a Mexican passport, etc...it will be telling if he does none of those things.

I think in the first episode, Kenny said he was selling his house and that was a big source of the money he would take to Mexico. From what we’ve seen, it sounds like he is in it for the long haul, particularly since he drove and had that car fully packed.

And I’m glad someone else pointed out that them moving to Florida is likely not really possible because of US immigration. Not only is there a backlog as noted above, but the feeling of the current administration towards Mexican people is not exactly welcoming.

• Love 7
On 7/23/2020 at 9:01 PM, Ucross said:

Jenny's daughter already cut her off, so I guess she'll have to figure it out alone this time. Moron.

Wasn't Jenny living on daughter Dominique's couch? She still might be able to crash with her other daughter, Christina and her wife, Jenn.