Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Rude Awakening

• Start Topic

JiHoon's mother was talking more about white lies during the courtship. They didn't have much of a courtship. Deavan got pregnant fairly. He admitted this week that instead of saving money from his part-time jobs, he spent it on nights out (drinking/eating out) with his friends. 

Wouldn't it take a lot of time to move Armando's daughter permanently/long-term to the U.S.? In terms of being able to register her in schools and such. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

. You were his first? Hmmmmm..... don't really believe that.

Yeah, Submit doesn't exactly have a great track record with truth telling, so I'm not really buying that either.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Plenty of non-Mexicans love horchata (rice water) and order it at Mexican restaurants.

Horchata is delicious, so delicious I feel like diving into the glass if I could. My mom and I used to go to this restaurant for lunch when my son was small and I was not working. We would order two large drinks and go to the machine to fill up on Horchata. When we left, we would refill both and she would let me take them home for later. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Be glad you didn't take him to Cheesecake Factory with their encyclopedia sized menu he would have started rocking gently in the fetal position with the mind boggling choices....the portion size also is frightening....

I always get the Tuna Tataki, I cannot deal with that menu, they even have ads in it...wtf!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I always get the Tuna Tataki, I cannot deal with that menu, they even have ads in it...wtf!

Its been years since I have been there as there is not one close by. I remember the "book" 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Unraveled said:

Wouldn't it take a lot of time to move Armando's daughter permanently/long-term to the U.S.? In terms of being able to register her in schools and such. 

Grampy Kenny may want to be far away from his emotionally charged adult children interfering with his life with Armando.

Making Hannah the reason to stay near the family village is convenient.

Bye bye inheritance, Dad ATM, and free gramps babysitter who is now living the life with his young lover...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

When Brittany was having her temper tantrum and yelling that she didn't know-THAT'S why she was supposed to study about Islam before going to Jordan and why the mother became so upset.  Brittany seemingly agreed to learn about Islam with no intention whatsoever to do so.  She can miss me with her "I didn't know" acting reel.  However, her final tantrum was a bit scary.  Just like we saw the real Angela during her breakdown in Sunday's version of 90 Day, Brittany showed her true self during the final tantrum.

I think that Jihoon has worked out that if he says he is a loser and cries that people will stop asking him questions and leave him alone.  How many times do we have to listen to him call himself a loser and that he has to change his ways-all without actually, you know, changing his ways.  Also very telling that he borrowed money from his parents to pay his debt and yet it doesn't seem like he has started paying his parents back (his mom's statement that "you said you would pay us back" indicated to me that he has not yet done so.  And, is it only me, or does Deavan look pregnant in their establishing photo?

Don't care about Tim and his girlfriend.  The mom will not allow her daughter to marry him due to his cheating issue.

I finally got why Jenny and Summit are so connected.  He lost his virginity with her and that made a deep and lasting impression on him.  Agree with an above poster that she holds power in their sexual relationship and that feeds into her ego/desire for Summit.  Their relationship is so outside of the norm for their culture and community that I understand the wives not wanting to be a part of it.  Jenny really needs to do her own research about divorce in India and find her own professionals rather than relying on Summit.  I was totally shocked that it seemed like he was telling the truth about his divorce as he had been lying about everything else and then, while reading other comments, I was like-"yep, they're right-he could have paid off the lawyer/friend."

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Jihoons mom is the real surprise in this episode . Up until now , she seemed down to earth and like a sweet woman . 

now we see she’s much of the reason jihoon is how he is . She told him that lying is ok and couldn’t understand what the big deal was , and that guys shouldn’t cry . I don’t care what culture you are apart of , telling your son he shouldn’t cry is terrible . No one should have to hold everything in . 

I guess I’m one of the few , but I didn’t think Kenny was being a diva . The nearest bank was 40 min away !! You’re not gonna just move to a diff country and feel comfortable instantly . Living in the US does spoil you , regardless of how well off ( or not ) you are . When you go from here to a diff country , your life is gonna change big time and it doesn’t mean you won’t eventually adjust , but of course it’s gonna be a major shock . 

yeah, jihoon's mom has not done him any favors in the way she raised him, but he's grown now and doesn't seem inclined to change to do better

couldn't Kenny have done some research into the area before they signed the lease on the apartment? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

La Mision is only 40 minute drive from Ensenada which is a mega cruise port for the west coast of Mexico.

La Mision is also only 75 minutes from San Ysidro, CA which is the US side from Tijuana.

From San Ysidro you drive another 10 minutes to San Diego  but SD is spread.

Gramps is just cranky because he will have to use Google translate.

fine, so why did they choose to live in the little bankless town, what made that the choice?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

La Mision is only 40 minute drive from Ensenada which is a mega cruise port for the west coast of Mexico.

La Mision is also only 75 minutes from San Ysidro, CA which is the US side from Tijuana.

From San Ysidro you drive another 10 minutes to San Diego  but SD is spread.

Gramps is just cranky because he will have to use Google translate.

so they are on the coast la mission is a bit inland but their condo seems to be oceanfront? I thought they were at bajamar from the exterior shots...Rosario would have been a much better choice.  

I'm assuming it is much cheaper to be out in the middle of nowhere. seems like an odd choice.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Tango64 said:

And the sheer rudeness of going to someone else's home land, especially your partner's, and being offended by the little things of daily life. Armando was excited to show him the candy cart that he loved as a child, and Kenny immediately turns his nose up and says it's gross and full of germs? That had to hurt his partner, but Kenny didn't care.

I agree he was rude about it, but I wouldn't have eaten any of the candy from that board either.

I bet Kenny expected the town to be more like a resort town, with people speaking English and accommodating him.  He should have known better.

When the guy was yelling at him "what did you expect, Italian food?" it reminded me of the best tacos I have ever eaten, in Zihuatanejo, at an Italian (?) place called Danny's (??).  I still think about those tacos!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

When the guy was yelling at him "what did you expect, Italian food?" it reminded me of the best tacos I have ever eaten, in Zihuatanejo, at an Italian (?) place called Danny's (??).  I still think about those tacos!

It reminded me of the worst Mexican food I ever had, which was at a place in Austria. It was sweet and flowery tasting, with zero spice to it. It was like spritzing a perfume bottle in your mouth. I've been to Spain, so I can't say it tasted Spanish vs. Mexican, it was just...odd.

I was embarrassed at Kenneth's behavior. He was so dismissive and rude. I probably wouldn't have like the spice-covered candy since I don't generally favor spicy/sweet combos, but I would have tried it and I definitely would not have spit it out. I would have asked Armando to get a selection of his favorites so I could try them, and that could be a nice bonding moment. I also would not be endlessly complaining. When I was in Morocco, signage was not always the greatest, so it could be a challenge to tell the difference between a drink lounge and a restaurant that served food. I just figured things out as I went! I'm shocked that Kenneth seems to know so little Spanish, even a passable understanding of simple words. Pl-ah-ta vs. pl-A-ta, for instance. I thought Spanish was pretty common in Florida.

• Love 4

I like that Kenny and Armando’s toughest challenge so far was the peso to USD explanation and disbelief about open containers of street candy. These are normal problems for a partner moving abroad. I rolled my eyes about Kenny not being able to buy groceries without Armando though. I’m fully confident you can buddy.

I felt horrible for Jihoon when his mom told him to stop crying. She’s from a different culture and generation but what a horrible thing to ask of someone who’s crying. Of course he shouldn’t have resold those stolen phones to incur that debt. But what’s done is done and he can’t go back in time to undo the embarrassment. She’s right about one thing though - he needs to use this pain to motivate himself and you know, work full-time. 

Brittany’s mouth bothers me. It looks like she’s permanently grimacing. 

• Love 12

Credit Wiki for this blurb on La Mision....

La Misión or Misión de San Miguel is a village in Baja California located on Mexican Federal Highway 1 approximately 41 miles south of the San Ysidro border crossing on the Gold Coast of the Baja California peninsula. The census of 2010 reported a population of 920 inhabitants. The small town of Primo Tapia, located 15 km north, is the closest town to La Misión. Puerto Nuevo, known for their lobster restaurants, is 20 km north of the village. La Mision is so small, it's often simply referred to as "K-44" or "kilometro 44", which is its nearest highway marker. The port city of Ensenada is 50 km south of La Misión while the town of Rosarito is 40 km north.

From Tony Brogdon in an article in a San Diegan newspaper

La Mission is on the coast just about halfway between Rosarito and Ensenada. It is nestled between two huge canyons that support a beautiful river and lagoon. The lagoon runs into the Pacific Ocean under a scenic highway bridge next to a public beach. Nearly all the homes and condos here have spectacular views of both the ocean and mountains. It reminds us of how the Del Mar area of San Diego probably looked about 50 years ago. The biggest difference, besides a lack of freeway traffic, is how affordable it is to live here! Rents and mortgages are about one-third of the cost in the US!

In many ways life in Baja is like living in the United States about 50 years ago. However, the populated areas here still provide the things we have become accustomed to such a high-speed internet, Digital TV, and state of the art cell phone technology.

So leave it to Gramps to start nit picking all the negatives about their new home...give it a rest...you trying to slow walk backwards out the door back to Florida or giving the producers drama for the cameras?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Despite having visited on many occasions and sharing a language, I had a complete meltdown during my first week living in England. My husband, likewise, had a full on breakdown on his first night living in the US. We were eating at Applebees and he'd never had to make so many choices before: how his steak was cooked, sides, dressing, margarita frozen or on the rocks...And after 15 years I still have to order his eggs for him because he doesn't understand that the server needs more information than just "fried." 

My husband is from England and had that same issue at first.  He LOVES to take first-time visitors to Norms Restaurant just to see their reaction when asked what kind of potato they want with their meal, what kind of soup, salad, salad dressing, drink, etc.  It's become a sport!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Unraveled said:

JiHoon's mother was talking more about white lies during the courtship. They didn't have much of a courtship. Deavan got pregnant fairly. He admitted this week that instead of saving money from his part-time jobs, he spent it on nights out (drinking/eating out) with his friends. 

No, not anymore time than usual. They'd just go to the board's office and register her. No extra steps. Kenny and Armando would have to legally marry, though, for him to come over on a spousal visa. 

9 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

My husband is from England and had that same issue at first.  He LOVES to take first-time visitors to Norms Restaurant just to see their reaction when asked what kind of potato they want with their meal, what kind of soup, salad, salad dressing, drink, etc.  It's become a sport!

It's funny isn't it? It took me forever to convince mine that refills truly are free.

16 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

It's funny isn't it? It took me forever to convince mine that refills truly are free.

Yes!  He was AMAZED.  I'm sure you know that "doggie bags" or taking leftovers (or even HAVING leftovers) at a restaurant in England is pretty rare.  His father, an engineer, was ready to "fix" American restaurants by telling them to serve half of the food and cut their prices proportionally.  Over here in America, having leftovers is almost an expectation!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Not everywhere.  When my nephews would come from the South to California to visit me, I had to explain to them that they were NOT to ask for another soda at restaurants as it was just too expensive (the same charge over and over).  They were dumbfounded that they were limited to one soda at a meal as the refills were not free.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Not everywhere.  When my nephews would come from the South to California to visit me, I had to explain to them that they were NOT to ask for another soda at restaurants as it was just too expensive (the same charge over and over).  They were dumbfounded that they were limited to one soda at a meal as the refills were not free.

I've only encountered that in South Carolina once before and it was at an O'Charleys (despite them being free at other franchise locations). Otherwise the only time they haven't been free for me is when ordering a non-cola drink (lemonade, specialty drink, etc) or if they come in a can or bottle. 

All you have to do is read the menu. It will generally tell you.

Edited by mamadrama
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Yes!  He was AMAZED.  I'm sure you know that "doggie bags" or taking leftovers (or even HAVING leftovers) at a restaurant in England is pretty rare.  His father, an engineer, was ready to "fix" American restaurants by telling them to serve half of the food and cut their prices proportionally.  Over here in America, having leftovers is almost an expectation!

I love leftovers more than the initial meal.  I’m sad when we don’t have any. When we go to London, though, the only leftovers we take is a bottle of wine. 💜.  Everything else is so good it goes right down my hatch. 
I think Kenny is just a germaphobe with culture shock. 
He will be fine grocery shopping.  One of my favorite things to do in Mazatlan is go to the Mega.  The bakery items are scrumptious!  
I don’t like this kink the producers are throwing into their love story.  I bet it’s all for the cameras.  I mean, Kenny seems like a worldly guy. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 13
23 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Yes! My in laws don't even have a full-size refrigerator because they don't do leftovers, not even at home. 

Too bad more stuff like this isn't included in the show. Rather than go to made up drama it would be far more interesting, IMO, to show the subtle cultural differences the expats on either side face. But I guess that wouldn't bring in the meme crowd as much. 

The fact that we can pick our own in-network primary doctor rather than being assigned one based on address was another thing he couldn't get over. 

• Love 5

Unpopular Opinion:  I haven't bought into the Kenny/Armando love story from the start.  A 30 year age difference, one person leaving his entire life, children and grandchildren, and another leaving his family, all to move to a tiny town where neither of them can likely find gainful employment.  I believe they've both been swept up in the romance, the fantasy of it all, but when Armando is Kenny's current age, Kenny will be 87.  

I think they are both great guys, individually.  And I feel for Armando, living in a country where being gay is so unacceptable that it drove his wife to literally drive herself off the road.  But Kenny has to have options in Florida...lots of 'em.  We never hear of any of Kenny's past relationships, and I believe we now are seeing possibly why he's remained single:  he's persnickety.  And a complainer.  And a germaphobe.  
He didn't even take the time to download a translator app, or to listen to Spanish in the car on the way there.  Nada.

What are they going to do all day?  I mean, literally, on a random Tuesday....wake up, go for a run, shower, eat breakfast, and now....it's 10:00.  And.....???  They have no friends, no family, other than Armando's (adorable) daughter, what is their life?

I had a long-distance relationship once, where I moved to be with him.  After a year of pining for each other, having 8-hour daily phone conversations, we just couldn't stand to be apart one more second!  Within 2 weeks, I knew I'd made the biggest mistake of my life.  Partly because of what was brought up in tonight's show:  That when you move, and you have no support, no one to love you other than the person you moved for, it can become extremely lonely, very fast.  When you start having problems with your partner, it then becomes the loneliest place you've ever been.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Some of the best Italian I've ever eaten was in Guatemala.

• Love 1

Brittany your luggage was already in the car, you should have asked to be dropped off at the airport.  That apartment was gorgeous. Jihoon may need to get some tips from Yazan.  

Jihoon's mother is an enabler. No wonder he is the way that he is. He doesn't have to take responsibility for his actions because his mother makes excuses for him.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I didn’t get the focus on bank proximity.  Most people pay their bills online now and plastic is accepted at most stores.

I'm guessing you can't pay with a card on those streetside eateries etc.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Takitaki said:

I'm guessing you can't pay with a card on those streetside eateries etc.

Yeah but you could go to the bank once a week or once every two weeks for pocket money.  My mom refuses to use ATMs or debit cards and does this in the US.

• Love 3

Too bad Jenny and Summit cannot live in the U.S.  They will never be accepted in India and I doubt they will be happy, especially Jenny.  Summit will at least have those guy friends, not sure how easily Jenny will make friends with little opportunity.  The thrill of their long awaited relationship will wear off and get old fast.  Brittany like so many others did not think she would have to abide by the rules since she is American, and not a Jordanian Muslim.  Maybe Yazan should have made sure she really understood what would be expected of her, since she seems naive and then maybe she would haven ended the relationship.  I was a little surprised at Kenny, but that town seems to be very remote and we learned he is a germaphobe.   He is finding out all of Mexico is not a resort.  I still like him and I like Armando and will be routing for them to live happily ever after.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Too bad Jenny and Summit cannot live in the U.S.  They will never be accepted in India and I doubt they will be happy, especially Jenny.  Summit will at least have those guy friends, not sure how easily Jenny will make friends with little opportunity.  The thrill of their long awaited relationship will wear off and get old fast.  Brittany like so many others did not think she would have to abide by the rules since she is American, and not a Jordanian Muslim.  Maybe Yazan should have made sure she really understood what would be expected of her, since she seems naive and then maybe she would haven ended the relationship.  I was a little surprised at Kenny, but that town seems to be very remote and we learned he is a germaphobe.   He is finding out all of Mexico is not a resort.  I still like him and I like Armando and will be routing for them to live happily ever after.

If they are close to San Diego Kenny could always make weekly or biweekly runs to Costco or supermarkets.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

If they are close to San Diego Kenny could always make weekly or biweekly runs to Costco or supermarkets.

Ensenada Costco is only 40 minutes away.

Nearest Walmart is located in Playa de Rosario about 30 minutes from La Mision.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I felt sorry for Brittany. She was probably embarrassed and surprised this happened and especially on tv. As always Angela is a terrible horrible monster of a person. I feel bad for Michael and his entire family that they have to deal with this hick. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I don't understand why they're not moving to the US. Sure he'd have to get a sponsor, but Jenny's family is clearly worried about her and the relationship. I'd rather sponsor him and have my mom here in the US where I could easily reach her if something happened, instead of on the other side of the world. Given Sumit's history of lies I'd be more concerned about her being that far away. They already don't trust him.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I didn’t get the focus on bank proximity.  Most people pay their bills online now and plastic is accepted at most stores.

Not where they live in Mexico. You pay cash there. As for utilities, as Armando showed Kenny you pay the bills in a "7-11" convenience type store. You don't really need a bank but you do need access to ATM machines. If they lived in a real touristy area then maybe plastic is accepted. Kenny was annoying me with his confusion on the currency exchange. He said he has been to Mexico before, so he didn't know something so simple as how many peso's equal a dollar? Get your head out of your ass, Ken. They will probably be better off moving to a more modern city. There are plenty of gorgeous cities in Mexico where he will be able to walk to all stores and markets if he so chooses and eat pizza and burgers instead of the delicious fresh Mexican food there.  

• Love 8
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah but you could go to the bank once a week or once every two weeks for pocket money.  My mom refuses to use ATMs or debit cards and does this in the US.

I think that's why it's annoying the bank is so far away!

• Love 2

The guy who called out to Kenny and Armando has to be a producer right? Because we are otherwise to believe in this small, non touristy appearing place where the store person and waitresses don’t speak English, that there happens to be someone else sitting at this restaurant who understands and speaks perfect English?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I bet Kenny expected the town to be more like a resort town, with people speaking English and accommodating him.  He should have known better.

This is why I think TLC finds people that do not have Google!  Geeze, how hard is it to do a little research on line?  

This is why I think TLC finds stupid, lazy, non curious people. how could you begin say you are in love and pack a suitcase to live in another country without knowing anything about their culture or country?  How can you expect a Muslim mother living in a Muslim country to like you if you show up unprepared, it does not happen. I can only imagine how Yazan's mother can make life hellish for Brittany if she actually married Yazan.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't understand why they're not moving to the US. Sure he'd have to get a sponsor, but Jenny's family is clearly worried about her and the relationship. I'd rather sponsor him and have my mom here in the US where I could easily reach her if something happened, instead of on the other side of the world. Given Sumit's history of lies I'd be more concerned about her being that far away. They already don't trust him.

He would need to be divorced from his wife first.  The lawyer said the second part could be filed in another five months but I didn't hear him say how long that would take to process or how many more parts there might be.  Also I'm not sure the daughter Jenny was living with wants Scum-meat to take up residence on her couch along with Jenny.  He seems to have little to no interest in being employed so they don't have the means to live independently, I'd be really worried about being on the hook for supporting his lying ass.  Jenny really should have stayed in California until his divorce was final but I guess there wouldn't have been any TLC money if she had.  Perhaps they could live with Christina and Jen, it would be worth watching them call him out on all his scummy lying behaviour!

I said last season that what Jenny needs to do is find an expat group and meet other Americans closer to her age.  She will be very lonely there with only Scum-meat, and his friends' wives were not willing to even just meet her.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sterling said:

Unpopular Opinion:  I haven't bought into the Kenny/Armando love story from the start.  A 30 year age difference, one person leaving his entire life, children and grandchildren, and another leaving his family, all to move to a tiny town where neither of them can likely find gainful employment.  I believe they've both been swept up in the romance, the fantasy of it all, but when Armando is Kenny's current age, Kenny will be 87.  

I think they are both great guys, individually.  And I feel for Armando, living in a country where being gay is so unacceptable that it drove his wife to literally drive herself off the road.  But Kenny has to have options in Florida...lots of 'em.  We never hear of any of Kenny's past relationships, and I believe we now are seeing possibly why he's remained single:  he's persnickety.  And a complainer.  And a germaphobe.  
He didn't even take the time to download a translator app, or to listen to Spanish in the car on the way there.  Nada.

What are they going to do all day?  I mean, literally, on a random Tuesday....wake up, go for a run, shower, eat breakfast, and now....it's 10:00.  And.....???  They have no friends, no family, other than Armando's (adorable) daughter, what is their life?

I had a long-distance relationship once, where I moved to be with him.  After a year of pining for each other, having 8-hour daily phone conversations, we just couldn't stand to be apart one more second!  Within 2 weeks, I knew I'd made the biggest mistake of my life.  Partly because of what was brought up in tonight's show:  That when you move, and you have no support, no one to love you other than the person you moved for, it can become extremely lonely, very fast.  When you start having problems with your partner, it then becomes the loneliest place you've ever been.

Someone commented on an earlier episode that this is Armando's first real relationship living with another man, and as time goes on he may be looking to explore a bit more.  They kind of glossed over a quick mention of Kenny having had a couple of long-term relationships.  I do agree that, though I like them together, I don't see this being a "for the rest of our lives" relationship.  But then I don't really see any couples on this show that look like they'll last in the long run (or even in the short run - looking at Brittany and Princess Ari here!)  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Tango64 said:

Armando was excited to show him the candy cart that he loved as a child, and Kenny immediately turns his nose up and says it's gross and full of germs? That had to hurt his partner, but Kenny didn't care.

Kenny is a diva.  He will constantly be reminding Armando of how much HE gave up for him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ThereButFor said:

Someone commented on an earlier episode that this is Armando's first real relationship living with another man, and as time goes on he may be looking to explore a bit more.  They kind of glossed over a quick mention of Kenny having had a couple of long-term relationships.  I do agree that, though I like them together, I don't see this being a "for the rest of our lives" relationship.  But then I don't really see any couples on this show that look like they'll last in the long run (or even in the short run - looking at Brittany and Princess Ari here!)  

Yes, as soon as I realized that this may not just be Armando's first relationship living with another man, this may be his actual first male relationship, period.  Armando is likely relishing the attention, the love, the physical expression, etc., and he seems like such a great guy that I hope he can find his happiness.  

But as in any first love, most don't last.  Armando may, after experiencing this, want to explore more with other men, just because.  He may end up finding someone closer to his age, closer to his stage in life.  Remember, Kenny had little kids on his own once; maybe Armando would want someone who wants to do that with him, to give his daughter some young siblings.

I'm speculating here, but I just didn't see the relationship past the initial chemistry.

And I did not love how little Kenny researched his new home.  No different than Brittany going to Jordan, or Ariela moving to Nigeria, having these unrealistic expectations that these new countries would bend to suit them, and that the world would simply speak English, serve American food, have American banks on every corner, and have electrical building codes and hot water like they do in America.  Nu uh.  Things are different, the money's different, and it's shameful how spoiled this plays out.

• Love 2
On 7/21/2020 at 6:47 AM, DEL901 said:

Brittany is quite the princess isn’t she!   She has probably always gotten her was by a combination of pouting and batting her eyes.  She has been indulged by her father and sugar daddies.  Now that she is in a situation with people who won’t give in, she’s lost.  Even with the nice apartment which made her happy, Yazam refused to spend the night... he moved her I. To make her happy but probably also in anticipation of their upcoming nuptials.  

Kenny is probably used to bring the caretaker and feels useless.  But he would not have successfully raised his kids if he couldn’t deal with challenges.   I expect that once is properly rested and feels more capable, things will go better.  

So, Sumit was a virgin.  Explains why Jenny is so determined.   He is probably the first guy where she has felt she has the upper hand in the bedroom.  

Did Summit tell her he was a virgin when sending her pics of some other model?  How does Jenny believe one word of what he says?

Brittany is quite a princess.  Do these people do zero research into Muslim countries and their values, morals?  I wonder how the discussion with the parents would have gone w/o the film crew.  Would Brittany feel as comfortable as she did basically disrespecting them?  And it must be story line that we have so many of the 90 dayers with the non-final divorce secret.  These people can't possibly carry on that lie can they?

I agree on Kenny.  I feel like he'll be back to what we love about him soon.  It really is hard leaving your home country and adjusting.  It's hard when you speak the same language adjusting.

• Love 6

I thought Jenny needs to get married within six months to stay in India.  Even if the second motion that will be filed in five months automatically ends the divorce process, and even if Sumit’s parents don’t object during the 30 day marriage notification period, she already  has been there several weeks and that puts her past six months.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Too bad Jenny and Summit cannot live in the U.S.  They will never be accepted in India and I doubt they will be happy, especially Jenny.  Summit will at least have those guy friends, not sure how easily Jenny will make friends with little opportunity.  The thrill of their long awaited relationship will wear off and get old fast.

I agree.  Once the drama of "you and I against the world" wears off, and it's just day-to-day life, I wonder how much they really will want each other.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Kenny should be okay living there after a few weeks. He will start to pick up the language and see what is around. 

I think so, too. I think he was a bit overwhelmed and reality hit hard. Armando is so patient and seemingly, more mature, so he'll make the transition easier. I think Armando will step back enough in order for Kenneth to learn and gain confidence as he learns a new language and way of life. For Kenneth, he was the one raising a family on his own and being completely in charge. Now in this setting, he's like a baby learning to crawl and walk. It's a good thing they're alone without Hannah-- giving them time to adjust and prepare a secure haven for her. I'm rooting for them. My impression is that Armando is stronger and helps Kenny stay on track. And I thought it was going to be the other way around. I'm so impressed how Armando thinks things out and expresses himself well. Plus that cute little welcome sign and crafty frame... he's adorable!

• Love 14

Just watched and can't wait to read your reactions!

Kenny seems high maintenance and a bit of a drama queen. I know he has major adjustments to make but his pissiness that he doesn't have all the comforts that he had in America are really off putting. We saw a lot of this today. Armando is all about saying Kenny needs to chill and adjust I worry that he will tire of it. He seems a bit irritated already at Kenny complaining about everything and looks like he's trying very, very hard to be understanding. 

I don't care about the cheater guy and Jenny and Sumit so they are on the FF train.

Not sure what to say about Brittany but never seeing his parents again is not going to happen. Her crying in the car out of frustration was self inflicted as it is she who pulled a fast one by lying about being divorced. His parents will get more and more pissed the longer this goes on.

Jihoon is a manbaby. His mother saying all guys lie and to just tell Deavan that all Korean guys are like that shocked me. She seemed irritated at Deavan for having expectations of Jihoon. They obviously babied him growing up and still are now. Sometimes your kids need a kick in the pants. Her biggest worry was not liking it when he was crying. She should have told him that he's a father and husband now and needs to get he eff to work.

• Love 6

I think Kenny just assumed life would be like things were when he went to Mexico as a tourist.   I think that when he gets some rest and has a few dats to take things in, he’ll throw himself into their new life like he did with fatherhood.  He managed triplets.  He can handle this.   

• Love 7