Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: If You Can't Take the Heat, Get Out of the Russian Bath House

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, film noire said:

I usually agree with you, Red,  but I have to say, I like Tinsley for reasons that have nothing to do with Dorinda being a mean, slobber-jawed drunk.

I like Tinsley's keep-it-proper manners and her pasta bowl at the ready, even as she sleeps one off. I like that the woman who cooed over her dog Bambi also got her ass on a plane to China to rescue two dogs from the dog meat market in China.  I like that Tinsley is beyond ready to throttle her mother (just about every time Dale turns up)  but there's some core deceny in Tinsley that refuses to let loose just for ratings & social media rah-rah "you go, girl" bullshit.

I like her past - the  art history degree from Columbia, her work with Habitat for Humanity in her early twenties, her ability to mock her mugshot -  and I love her all-too-rare play-it-under delivery.  It's why her comment about "sharing" set Dorinda off in two seconds. Just an under-her-breath comment, but Dorinda  - forever she of the corn kernel stuck to her greasy lip, witlessly ranting at Heather (because Dorinda's bullying goes back years, long before Tinsley, Drunk Dorinda's Designated Victim, turned up) Drunk Do knew what it meant: Tinsley had been paying attention to Dorinda's bullshit hypocrisy,  and was serving it back with a pretty little mint sprig. Dorinda lost her shit (again) but ended up the loser, because not all wins involve rage-fueled insults; some wins keep you intact to live the real life that happens when reel life stops filming. 

About the only thing I don't like about Tinsley is she doesn't realize Dorinda is a dismissable, abusive little shit with no redeeming qualities beyond the fleeting entertainment value of a cheap sideshow;  drunken insults and fake tits offered up for random  inspection  - SO SOFT!! HE NEVER KNEW!! I FOOLED MY DEAD ONE-PERCENTER HUSBAND! - the eternal class act every member of the Council on Foreign Relations is searching for. 

beautifully said!!!

I can't wait for satan andy to have michael rapport on wwhl.  he adores dorinda i want to know if he still does

• Love 17
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

We have to lighten it up in here. The producer driven drama is being taken way too seriously. 

The producers drive action, but these women are free to act and react as they will - their natural tendencies, coping patterns and sometimes skillful strategies are the show. You can talk about the drapes or the outfits, but those things aren’t nearly as interesting.

• Love 17
59 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I know you truly believe this. But I've yet to hear why Dorinda - if she is such the good, nice, kind-hearted person she desperately wants us to believe she is - why would she consent to being presented as such a vulgar, cruel, vicious, narcissistic human being? Just for the paycheck?

Because I have to tell you, whether she is truly like this (and I am inclined to believe she is) OR she's just willing to present herself as such a vicious person for a big paycheck? It doesn't look good for her. 

I agree. It does look terrible. And I agree she’s not doing well from a mental health perspective. Also though, for as many who say she’s a mean, nasty drunk, and she is behaving that way, there are half as many saying she’s out of money. So to an extent it would make sense to me that she’s bringing the drama for a paycheck. 

I don’t think she would be behaving nearly as badly in real life if there weren’t producers and cameras and money involved. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I agree. It does look terrible. And I agree she’s not doing well from a mental health perspective. Also though, for as many who say she’s a mean, nasty drunk, and she is behaving that way, there are half as many saying she’s out of money. So to an extent it would make sense to me that she’s bringing the drama for a paycheck. 

I don’t think she would be behaving nearly as badly in real life if there weren’t producers and cameras and money involved. 

I don't know if she is or isn't out of money or if that is motivating her.  My personal feeling is that this is the way she is, and she's not performing an act for money. But regardless, I am not sure I see many people here claiming she's acting this way for the money - I think a lot of people are asserting that she misses having a life in which she was taken care of and in which she seemingly had the wealth that Tinsley has. 

As with a lot of narcissists, Dorinda projects her insecurities onto others - so her claims that Tinsley is somehow involved with Scott in order to fund her lifestyle probably have more to do with her how she viewed her relationship with the sainted Richard.  

Anyway, again - I am still not sure how claiming that Dorinda is behaving badly for the cameras - as opposed to the supposedly nice, kind person she is off-screen - vindicates her.  There isn't enough money in the world that would prompt me to attack multiple "friends" on camera. 

I think Leah hit the nail on the head when she said that Dorinda doesn't like Tinsley because Tinsley was born into the life that Dorinda puts on a pedestal. Luann then interrupted Leah and said Dorinda can't relate to Tins being born with a silver spoon in her mouth. I don't think that is it at all. It has nothing to do with not being able to relate to Tins. I think Tinsley represents to Dorinda the type of people she had access to when Richard was alive, but have nothing to do with her now that Richard is dead. That would certainly explain why she is so obsessed with Tinsley, as much as she may say she isn't. 

Yes, agreed, @UsernameFatigue. And I think that Dorinda has even more resentment towards Tins because Dorinda married her way into that lifestyle (see above all of her projections that Tinsley is gold-digging her way up the wealth food chain), and because it seems like that door has closed.  I also wonder if she has become even more enraged as she has spent time on the show, because the more time she spends on the show, the less likely she is to find another way to marry into wealth and status. 

I wish Dorinda had more faith in herself to not think that marriage was the only way she could acquire the status she craves.  But she doesn't, so she's lashing out at the one person in their group who was seemingly born into that status and will continue to have it no matter what happens. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
15 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Dorinda copping a plea with the life coach because she was cleaning up the Manor and remembering.  She was nasty way before that, so don’t blame the house.

Oh, so very true! She has been vicious to Sonja over the years. Who else am I forgetting?

• Love 6

I am in no way vindicating Dorinda. And I don’t know how she behaves off camera. I said I don’t think her behavior would be as bad without the cameras and producers. 

I also believe to a certain extent that Tinsley is with Scott for reasons that don’t make sense to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Maybe Dorinda really doesn’t know who Mao Zhedong was.  She compared the spa to a “Hamas,” which is a terrorist group.  What was this globe-trotting Richard even doing with her?  

Maybe it was her breasts that he never knew were not real?😏😉

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I wonder if Sonja is taking an anti depressant.  Putting on weight is an extremely common side effect and it can amplifying the effects of alcohol as well.

Here’s an interesting article about Topper Mortimer.  It appears he was never interested in being part of the NYC social scene and preferred a quiet life.  After the divorce, he dated for a while, remarried, and started a family.  I wonder if Tinsley thought she had all the time in the world to have a baby and put it off to better enjoy her social whirl.  I also wonder if Mortimer having a baby set off her desperation.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/fashion/21topper.html?smid=em-share

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Maybe Dorinda’s attacks on Tinsley have to do with what Leah said about jealousy of the lifestyle, and she’s preying on the one she perceives as the weakest, and, like Rinna, she enjoys getting a rise out of her. Dorinda seems so sick, I think she’d choose another target if Tinsley weren’t there - she needs a target.

• Love 16
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Mar said:

Oh, so very true! She has been vicious to Sonja over the years. Who else am I forgetting?

1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

Heather, Luann, Bethenny.  It looks like in one of the previews she may be going off on Leah telling her to sit her ass down.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Chicklet said:

This group of women is pretty provincial for all the "traveling" they have done. Everything is strange and different and scary when it's not in the city or the Hamptons. Maybe Lou isn't as bad as the rest ugh.

Lou is the biggest snob of all...remember her in Leah's apartment? She always complains if she has to go south of 52nd Street. It's funny because she wasn't born to the manor...she comes from Berlin, Connecticut. A blue collar town that's a little rough around the edges. She married well and reinvented herself. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Heck, my bosoms aren’t real and I don’t tell a romantic partner. If they figure it out on their own, that’s fine 😉 And if they don’t say anything about it, I appreciate that.

On that topic, I am still so surprised Luann went over the muscle. She’s so thin and she looks like she’s got apples in her shirt. She has a great figure and she carries herself gracefully. A revision would serve her very well. I wonder if they are her originals and they stand out more bc of her weight loss.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Of course not , because Dorinda and Tinsley wouldn't socialize.

Unfortunately, they are being paid to, as they are coworkers.  Which makes what Dorinda is doing, harassment.  She's being paid to hang out with Tinsley, why does she have to be such an asshole to her?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I think Leah hit the nail on the head when she said that Dorinda doesn't like Tinsley because Tinsley was born into the life that Dorinda puts on a pedestal. Luann then interrupted Leah and said Dorinda can't relate to Tins being born with a silver spoon in her mouth. I don't think that is it at all. It has nothing to do with not being able to relate to Tins. I think Tinsley represents to Dorinda the type of people she had access to when Richard was alive, but have nothing to do with her now that Richard is dead. That would certainly explain why she is so obsessed with Tinsley, as much as she may say she isn't. 

I also loved Dorinda's revisionist history when she said she met John too soon after Richard's death. When in fact Richard and John were friends, so obviously Dorinda knew John when she was married to Richard. 

I disagree with Leah who really barely knows any of these women. Dorinda is an angry drunk. She should get sober and not drink at all. Her drinking seems to be more of a self medicating thing. She doesn't need a life coach...she needs a bonafide clinical psychologist and should take Antabuse if she cannot stop drinking. I think Dorinda is a predator...she singles out the weakest person for personal attacks and condemnation. She also fights by deflection...if someone says something about her personal attacks or bad behavior she flips it around to them...like she did with Ramona last night. Tinsley is immature and cannot fight back effectively.

I like Tinsley...she has a big heart and isn't a mean girl like some of these others. Unfortunately, when she is attacked, she only knows how to scream back...with an angry drunk like Dorinda, the best thing to do is to ignore her and walk away. Otherwise you're just feeding the beast. Dorinda said some really awful things to Tinsley at the vineyard...what I find just as reprehensible, is that when this happened none of these women came to her defense. Louann sat with Tinsley and all she could offer up was that Tinsley shouldn't let them see her cry and that Dorinda has some issues. I'm sorry...issues??? I was looking for someone to jump up and tell Dorinda to fuck off...that's what friends do. So much for Sonja having Tinsley's back...she is the worst.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 22
55 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Oh I don't think so. Dorinda has had screaming drunken rages since her first season on this show when went off on Heather for no reason at all. She lets loose in public restaurants and private homes with some of the most vulgar disgusting tirades ever heard on this show. What is so unsettling to me is that she can be a screaming harpy one minute and in 5 minutes she is acting like nothing happened or disolving into tears an crying about how it isn't fair that her life turned out the way it did. I really think she has alcohol induced mental illness. 

Dorinda has had screaming rages since she joined the show, both drunken and sober. One of the worst that I remember from a few years ago - directed at Ramona I think - was in the morning when Dorinda was cold stone sober. That is the scene that convinced me that Dorinda is one mean bitch - drunk or sober. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

[...] I do think Dorinda - narcissist that she is - assumed that all the viewers would just see how annoying Tins is, and therefore automatically side with Dorinda. But of course, as viewers, for the most part, we don't have the same emotional attachments that they do, and can view the behavior more objectively.

I also think that Dorinda is invested in this image of herself as so "tough" and such a "bad bitch." This happened last year, when she behaved so badly at Ramona's charitable event and kept threatening Ramona like she was some sort of mob boss. Of course, all that says to me is that Dorinda isn't mentally tough or resilient at all, and she feels so vulnerable that the only way she knows how to deal with any threat to self-image is to threaten people.

All in all, she's a very unpleasant person, IMO.  

That's a fair assessment. Dorinda is as close to a textbook narcissist as you can get. Narcissists outwardly display a very high sense of self-esteem but are actually very insecure individuals. They do not handle any sort of criticism well and lash out at those who threaten their sense of self-worth, which is very fragile. 

Unfortunately I speak from personal experience being in a relationship with a narcissist for the latter half of last year.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Tinsley's been pretty much crazy about Scott since Carole set them up.  It was all on camera.  She's in her 40s, and she wants to be married.  She's attracted to him and he seems like a good catch.  He proposed.  It doesn't seem that mysterious.

I think they are a good match. And I would imagine that after relationships with two men who were basically trust fund babies, she likely admires that Scott is a self made man. I would certainly take a man who is self made over one who has had everything handed to him his whole life. Mind you I don't come from money like Tins does, but maybe she likes the fact that Scott has created his own wealth. On top of that they hit it off, as you said,  from day one. So good on them that they are so happy together. 

Bonus points that it must be making Dorinda's head explode. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 17

I kind of think it's a combination of these things, combined with Tinsley's little girl ruffles, curls, and reactions. It's like Dorinda views her as a spoiled little rich girl, still behaving like a spoiled little rich girl who gets everything she wants and has never had to work for anything. I think Dorinda discounts or turns a blind eye to Tinsley's college degree and work history, because she came from money, and therefore (my interpretation of what Dorinda's "logic" may be) didn't have to work as hard or at all, to get to where she is in life, which Dorinda considers to be nowhere. 

• Love 8

I do feel for Tinsley. They NEVER let her give her side of any argument/attack because they don’t stop their bulldozing long enough to listen. I would be frustrated too.  However, Tinsley is VERY immature and is stuck in late teens/early twenties mode. This group may be too old for her. I do think she was honestly hurt when Carole left the show and dumped their (alleged) friendship.

Now, Dorinda is just not accepting what her life is today. She is lonely. Hannah is living her own life (as she should), John is gone (I think it was his choice since he spent years being “not classy enough” for Dorinda) and Dorinda is most likely having a hard time with menopause. Add alcohol to this mix and you get a very screwed up woman.

It also drives me crazy that she constantly is running her fingers through her hair causing it to stand up on end.  Dry Einstein-ish! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Tinsley's been pretty much crazy about Scott since Carole set them up.  It was all on camera.  She's in her 40s, and she wants to be married.  She's attracted to him and he seems like a good catch.  He proposed.  It doesn't seem that mysterious.

Even if Tinsley and Scott's relationship were one big question mark, then why would Dorinda even care?  Who cares?  Tinsley doesn't act like Luann, bragging about how in love she is with Tom every five minutes and how everyone else can suck it.  In fact, the opposite, Tinsley doesn't even talk about Scott and that seems to make Dorinda psychotic with anger.  It makes no sense.

Yes! Tinsley keeps her love life private...LuAnn was the most obnoxious jerk when she got engaged to Tom...OMG! The bragging, the waxing and waning about their "love" for each other. It was so annoying...then a few months later they're in throes of separation and divorce. Dorinda keeps making snarky remarks that Tinsley is a kept woman who only is with Scott for money and gifts. Basically calling her high class hooker. And Sonja will just there smiling, nodding her head...now that is some chutzpah.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I kind of think it's a combination of these things, combined with Tinsley's little girl ruffles, curls, and reactions. It's like Dorinda views her as a spoiled little rich girl, still behaving like a spoiled little rich girl who gets everything she wants and has never had to work for anything. I think Dorinda discounts or turns a blind eye to Tinsley's college degree and work history, because she came from money, and therefore (my interpretation of what Dorinda's "logic" may be) didn't have to work as hard or at all, to get to where she is in life, which Dorinda considers to be nowhere. 

Yes, I think all you have written is also true. Which is ironic as Dorinda only has what she has because of Richard. She may have had a business or two, but she would not have had the lifestyle she had, or currently has, without Richard. And it appears that she is running out of money with no way to replenish it. Someone an episode or two back posted a link to a website where Dorinda is selling mugs, private messages, etc. to make money. Interesting that she never talks about it on the show - I am sure she is embarrassed by her own desperation. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Pattycake2 said:

I also wonder if Mortimer having a baby set off her desperation.  

IIRC, it was Tinsley's Mom who kept commenting about her ex-husband & his wife having kids.  It was some odd little dig at Tinsley.  Someone help me if I'm remembering that incorrectly!  I seem to recall her Mom talking about it and Tinsley was quite stunned that she knew what she did.  Didn't she send him something for the baby, or have I completely lost my mind?!  

• Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

And Sonja will just there smiling, nodding her head...now that is some chutzpah.

Sonja's little mutterings under her breath drive me crazy too.  They're always breathtakingly rude but no one ever hears it and no one ever calls her on it.  She's always making these little comments defending Dorinda over Tinsley -- why?  Simply because Dorinda's older?  Well whatever, Sonja used to always be the one attacking Tinsley in T's first seasons.  Now it's Dorinda and Sonja is always there yip, yip, yipping at her heels like a little dog, like the Wicked Witch's flying monkeys.  I wish she would shut up for even five minutes.  None of these conflicts are hers and she's not helping anything or anyone!

And every time Ramona wants to make a toast, or say something nice, Sonja is there, muttering her little nuggets of idiocy.  It's just soooo rude!  My only answer is that Sonja is so insecure she's ashamed of her own friend, which I think is messed up, and no wonder Ramona is constantly partying with women who are not in the main cast.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 23
38 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Of course not , because Dorinda and Tinsley wouldn't socialize.

Unfortunately, they are being paid to, as they are coworkers.  Which makes what Dorinda is doing, harassment.  She's being paid to hang out with Tinsley, why does she have to be such an asshole to her?

Agree. But also the producers do encourage the behavior for the ratings and I’m guessing that’s why no one ever gets in trouble for it. It’s all part of the deal. Doesn’t make it right, but that’s how it happens.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Are people rooting for her? It doesn't seem like Tinsley is getting more popular, or that even the storyline on the show requires anybody to root for Tinsley. She's more just the thing that set the others off. It's stated outright on the show that Tinsley can't stand up for herself--the other women seem to even see it as a sign of their own strength that she gets ganged up on. That's pretty much how it works in junior high too.

I get the impression that viewers root for Tinsley.  I might be wrong. 

I guess the better way to phrase it is that Tinsley seems to get a protected status.  At last season’s reunion, Andy actually took the time to exit Bethenny’s ass to go against Bethenny to protect Tinsley and make her argument for her that, because she’s southern she’s inherently different, and neither Bethenny nor anyone else should expect Tinsley to defend herself for that reason. 

I’m not even going to get into the northern elitism that was exhibited there.  I’ll just say it was one of the only times from last season that I agreed with Bethenny when she said Atlanta is in the south, and being southern in and of itself is not an excuse.  

I don’t tend to think someone is cut out for a show if the host of the reunion has to argue on their behalf.  I think it’s a chicken-egg type of thing, as Tinsley came on in season nine, which I haven’t seen since it aired, so I don’t know if Tinsley gave off the vibe of being weak and then Sonja attacked, or whether Sonja attacked, which rendered Tinsley weak.  I’m pretty sure it’s the former, because Sonja is...Sonja.  She’s a crazy lady.  If you can’t hold your own against Sonja, I don’t know if there’s help for you. 

I just think Tinsley needs to show more of a backbone before I will get behind her other than to object to the very obvious below the belt insult.  And she really shouldn’t need other people to fight her battles as a fully grown woman.  Ironically enough, what I have found in life is that people only rally around you and take your side when they know you’re willing to defend yourself. 

I was into my thirties before I realized this, and it was difficult for me, but I finally realized that I had to start taking affirmative steps not to get walked on, and I took them and it was hard and I sweated a lot and I’m still doing it and still feeling self-doubt but persevering every time I go to my office.  If I can do it, I’m not going to have any respect (I may have pity, but I don’t have respect) for a woman who is a lot further along in life who can’t or won’t do this.  

If Tinsley’s “nice,” if she seems good-hearted or kind-hearted, it’s like I wrote a few weeks ago:  I think Tinsley would have to be bordering on pathological her own damned self to live such a pampered life and not at least give off the veneer of being “nice.”  That’s not going to get my attention.  She’d either have to do something heroic like try to stamp out the ten most preventable diseases like Bill and Melinda Gates or I’d have to see her walk in the shoes of someone who doesn’t have all of this natural financial wealth and access and see where her character goes from there.  Just being on this show seems to r***** her growth.  

I don’t know if all the charity work played a part in Bethenny’s decision to leave the show, but I think one might reach the point where they don’t want to talk about fashions and lashes 24/7 and move on.  If she’s going to stick around for the squabbling, I don’t see her as a victim of domestic violence, I see her as someone taking the easier path.  She might be a victim of workplace intimidation, and, again, like I said, I have been a “victim” of that to varying degrees in my twenties, and if I did something about it, I’m not too sympathetic toward someone who doesn’t. 

————————————————————————-

I just wanted to say, as far as the “uptown” vs “downtown” thing, in case doesn’t know New York that well, it’s not like “uptown” is rich and “downtown” is poor.  The wealthiest zip code on the island of Manhattan is TriBeCa (which stands for “triangle below canal”) so it’s most definitely below Canal.  The people who still think downtown = poor are living 50 years behind the times.  And “50 years behind the times” is probably a pretty fitting description for half this cast!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Oh I don't think so. Dorinda has had screaming drunken rages since her first season on this show when went off on Heather for no reason at all. She lets loose in public restaurants and private homes with some of the most vulgar disgusting tirades ever heard on this show. What is so unsettling to me is that she can be a screaming harpy one minute and in 5 minutes she is acting like nothing happened or disolving into tears an crying about how it isn't fair that her life turned out the way it did. I really think she has alcohol induced mental illness. 

I think you are right.  I think she always was a smart ass.  The screaming one minute, then laughing hysterically seems like some kind of disorder.  Diranged?  Didn’t someone say that there was discord in the house when married to Richard? Who knows?  Maybe her daughter.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Dorinda wants to act out without consequences. She's operating like a toddler or a really immature teenager. I don't know how someone doesn't punch her.

Definitely ironic that the women keep harping on Tinsley being "immature" (disagree with that but whatever) when you have Dorinda who screams her way through an argument, Sonja who drinks herself sick and pees in bushes, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
5 minutes ago, Anonysaurus said:

Definitely ironic that the women keep harping on Tinsley being "immature" (disagree with that but whatever) when you have Dorinda who screams her way through an argument, Sonja who drinks herself sick and pees in bushes, etc.

Completely.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, film noire said:

I usually agree with you, Red,  but I have to say, I like Tinsley for reasons that have nothing to do with Dorinda being a mean, slobber-jawed drunk.

I like Tinsley's keep-it-proper manners and her pasta bowl at the ready, even as she sleeps one off. I like that the woman who cooed over her dog Bambi also got her ass on a plane to China to rescue two dogs from the dog meat market in China.  I like that Tinsley is beyond ready to throttle her mother (just about every time Dale turns up)  but there's some core deceny in Tinsley that refuses to let loose just for ratings & social media rah-rah "you go, girl" bullshit.

I like her past - the  art history degree from Columbia, her work with Habitat for Humanity in her early twenties, her ability to mock her mugshot -  and I love her all-too-rare play-it-under delivery.  It's why her comment about "sharing" set Dorinda off in two seconds. Just an under-her-breath comment, but Dorinda  - forever she of the corn kernel stuck to her greasy lip, witlessly ranting at Heather (because Dorinda's bullying goes back years, long before Tinsley, Drunk Dorinda's Designated Victim, turned up) Drunk Do knew what it meant: Tinsley had been paying attention to Dorinda's bullshit hypocrisy,  and was serving it back with a pretty little mint sprig. Dorinda lost her shit (again) but ended up the loser, because not all wins involve rage-fueled insults; some wins keep you intact to live the real life that happens when reel life stops filming. 

About the only thing I don't like about Tinsley is she doesn't realize Dorinda is a dismissable, abusive little shit with no redeeming qualities beyond the fleeting entertainment value of a cheap sideshow;  drunken insults and fake tits offered up for random  inspection  - SO SOFT!! HE NEVER KNEW!! I FOOLED MY DEAD ONE-PERCENTER HUSBAND! - the eternal class act every member of the Council on Foreign Relations is searching for. 

Absolutely love this, thank you for saying what I'm thinking!

• Love 10

i watched wwhl last night with ramona.  1,  she's lost weight!...2..she also said she was sorry she didn't really step up to plate where tinsley is concerned.  3.  she said SHE is afraid dorinda, afraid dorinda will go off on her, she said dorinda frightens all of them.

also, i think it was andy who brought  the new girl and she l responded to all buzz about her.  she said the producers came to her at one of their events and asked her to attend another one which she did.  they then put a micaphone on her and shoved a contact at her.  they apparently like what she brought.

• Love 7

Tinsley’s father is a real estate developer.  Her real place in society came from her marriage to Topper.  From this article from Town and Country, it doesn’t seem that she was too picky about who she dated after the divorce.  It sounds like the way she fights back may have been influenced by her relationship with Fanjul and the multiple incidences of domestic abuse.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/a5858/tinsley-mortimer-arrest/#

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I don't have any insider knowledge about how these shows work, but from the little I've read it seems like the producer driven drama is yes, producer driven, but that doesn't make the show literally acted--none of these people are actors. The alcohol, I believe, is real, and the producers say stuff to them to manipulate their emotions, and probably they get their own ideas about how to react to things. So it's not quite the same as somebody just pretending to be an ass for the paycheck--the DUIs, arrests, marriages and divorces are also real, after all.

• Love 12

I think they are a good match. And I would imagine that after relationships with two men who were basically trust fund babies, she likely admires that Scott is a self made man. I would certainly take a man who is self made over one who has had everything handed to him his whole life.

I think her last relationship before Scott was also very abusive. 

9 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

Tinsley’s father is a real estate developer.  Her real place in society came from her marriage to Topper.  From this article from Town and Country, it doesn’t seem that she was too picky about who she dated after the divorce.  It sounds like the way she fights back may have been influenced by her relationship with Fanjul and the multiple incidences of domestic abuse.

well she was a debutant so she had to have some place in virginia society.  also,  it doesn't matter re one's place in society in the south, one is always expected to act with decorum.  if one doesn't then they are considered 'trash' but one wouldn't voice that.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

also, i think it was andy who brought  the new girl and she l responded to all buzz about her.  she said the producers came to her at one of their events and asked her to attend another one which she did.  they then put a micaphone on her and shoved a contact at her.  they apparently like what she brought.

Is this referring to Leah and they shoved a cocktail in her hand? Which suffices to say, producers do in fact encourage the drinking, and this was with someone who has a history of alcohol problems. This is an example of the kind of producer influence I have been talking about. It doesn't matter how they drive the narrative or who it hurts, as long as they get the footage.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Callaphera said:

So Dorinda is like that drunk and she's like that sober. Maaaybe she should see an actual medical professional, not some guy who has to put scare quotes around "life coach" and markets himself by his first name.

Yeah.  I always thought she was a mean drunk, and didn't like her because of it.  But it's become obvious that alcohol doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it, which makes me like her even less. 

16 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

It’s only the pulse of the world .. WALL STREET !  , 911 and Ellis Island.

But what appeal would any of those hold for these women, or really, for anyone who's lived in NYC for a while, especially if they've already done the tourist thing and visited those places?  

I've spent the last 15 years being a nomad, and the running joke is that when I show up in a friend's town, I know more about interesting attractions to see than the residents do.  Once someone in Austin has been to the LBJ Library, I don't expect them to go back unless there's something specific reason to do so.  And actually, I don't expect them to go at all, unless they're interested in that sort of thing.

I'm sure there are parts of everybody's town they don't go to unless they have a specific reason.  They may not be obnoxious about it, but it's also probably not a "thing," like it is in NYC, where there are obvious boundaries.

12 hours ago, ichbin said:

That being said, however, Ramona did herself no favor with that terrible orange dress that only served to make her problem area more conspicuous.  Her stomach stuck out so badly that you could make out her navel through the fabric. That was seriously the worst thing I have ever seen her wearing.

I checked in here just to see if anyone else was as horrified as I was.  The sad thing is that she must have thought she looked good in it. 

4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

After hearing LuAnn and Leah tell her how annoying her "screeching" was, she was probably afraid to say or do anything! 

Good.  That screeching really is unbearable.

• Love 3

The producers may egg them on with the alcohol but in Dorinda's case I dont think she has any control over what she says and does when she goes into a rage. Rememberthe  Mexico trip when she got irate over the other women thanking  Bethenny for the trip. When they got back to the hotel after visiting the tequila factory Dorinda went upstairs to "nap". She came down very late for dinner and Bethenny made a few comments about this. Dorinda was sitting at the table telling Bethenny how horrible she was. She had a knife in her hand stabbing the table. Next thing we saw was blood running down her hand. She was not even aware of what she was doing.  I thought then this woman is dangerous and they let her have a knife??   

• Love 17
(edited)
28 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm sure there are parts of everybody's town they don't go to unless they have a specific reason.  They may not be obnoxious about it, but it's also probably not a "thing," like it is in NYC, where there are obvious boundaries.

I live in the most downtown point in a big city - I live on the water.  I think that's pretty cool.  So yeah I took the comment a bit personally.  Of course I don't have many reasons to go uptown, but I would never say that on television like that.  It's just gross.

And like another person said here a lot of people say New York is the best city in the world.  There's just so much at your disposal.  There's so much to experience and New Yorkers have that privilege over so many people in the world.  It's ridiculous to be proud that you're uninterested in that, in my opinion.  If I lived in NYC and didn't take advantage of it I'd feel more shame in that than pride.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8

Did you notice that Tinsley said less and less each episode. I understand she stopped filming and will not be attending the reunion.

I hope Dorinda is happy.

She is an evil worthless slack jawed spittle flecked harridan who is as fake as her tits.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Pattycake2 said:

I don't know about the South and Virginia but here in Boston, real estate developers are a big party of what we would consider "society."

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I don’t know if anyone has already mentioned this, but Ramona was on watch what happens live last night. She said that after watching the episode, she wishes she had told Dorinda at the winery to shut the fu## up. She said they are all afraid of her and that Dorinda needs anger management classes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8